Review of TopResume

Tel: 1-800-604-1929
contact@topresume.com

shf
5/20/19

1) they didn't understand my industry 2)I can't submit this resume for most sr mgmt level jobs without a lot of editing.

Save your money! Do it yourself! You know your industry language best.

mr312
5/19/19

I have great experience as well as my MBA, but for some reason I was not getting any calls or responses from my job applications. After having TopResume re-write my resume and cover letter, I immediately started getting multiple calls for interviews. It was definitely worth the money!

abdelghafary
5/19/19

Wonderful service. I had a decent writer, who got in contact with me in a briskly manner and analyzed my CV for faults. After I received intelligible feedback, I got onto it and rewrote my resume as advised. I have to be frank, it was a huge improvement.

Thanks TopResume.

johnn513
5/18/19

Very disappointed. Terrible formatting, unclear language, mistakes all over. What a waste of money. Asked for revisions, but that did not help.

stevenb568
5/17/19

Great service. I had a good writer, who got in contact with me very fast and started working on my project. After a few emails and few revisions it was complete. Good job.

khalilt8
5/17/19

I appreciated their resume expertise and I'm looking forward to seeing how my new LinkedIn profile will make an impact on potential recruiters.
This is the first time I made such investment and I feel already that's money well spent and well worth it.

eves37
5/15/19

A resume WITH SOMEONE ELSES DETAILS!
My first resume writer took two weeks to start, and missed the listed deadline. The outcome was terrible with lots of english and grammar mistakes, and generally a cut and paste job from my original.
The second writer sent me a resume WITH SOMEONE ELSES DETAILS!
This was accepted by Top Resume as bad so they allocated me a second writer.
The second writer sent me a resume WITH SOMEONE ELSES DETAILS!
I asked for a refund, they only refund 40% "because they had spent time on the job" never mind the fact I didnt get a useful outcome.
Refund has taken over a month and I still dont have it - it is now three months since the process started.

constantinec1
5/14/19

I WAS CHARGED 75 USD FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON !
I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY GOODS OR SERVICES !
BE CAREFUL THEY ARE SCAMMERS !

ogoma
5/14/19

They give advice on how people can have high quality resumes which give higher likelihood that they'd be considered for job roles they apply for. They come through as being honest so it's easy to believe their analysis and reviews. I think their service is good.

spencerc35
5/13/19

I hope my review serves as a cautionary tale for someone.

I submitted my information to TopResume and even submitted my current resume. I gave them plenty of information to compile a professional resume. When I received my first draft back, it was littered with grammatical and spelling errors. Sentences were in different verb tenses and basic words were misspelled. The resume was wordy and job descriptions were spliced together. I can understand if a job description is slightly off, as the writer does not work in that organization. However, to pay money for a professional writing service and have multiple grammatical and spelling errors is completely unacceptable.

I took the initial draft I received and highlighted all of the errors in it (probably totalled around 15) and submitted it to TopResume. I asked for a 50% refund. I did not ask for a 100% refund because I understood that the writer did spend time working on this, even if it was a horrible draft. TopResume did not work with me to give me a refund of any sorts.

I was shocked at how poorly this resume looked! If I were to submit their resume to a future employer, it would ensure me unemployment.

davidp1191
5/13/19

All this service provided me was a different format.The first draft has punctuation and spelling mistakes. I was told "this is the first draft". I would expect one or two mistakes but not the multiple problems I found.Obviously not written by anyone familiar with technology. The final stroke was finding this summary still in the third draft: "A results-oriented IT professional with years of 15+ years of technical management experience." They are not writers. They just take your resume, plug it into their template and expect you to make all of the corrections.

mattb354
5/12/19

I paid $150 for a resume written by a five year old. The writer had no knowledge of my industry, and the finished product was full of spelling and grammatical errors. I asked repeatedly to speak to customer service agent to discuss, and was completely ignored. I had to re-write the whole thing myself. Stay away from this company.

rv50
5/11/19

Filled with errors - seriously looked like an 8th grader wrote it. so many spelling and grammatical errors, incomplete sentences, and more. Never got a final revised copy, never updated my LinkedIn as promised. I shouldn't have to correct or point out all of the errors. I got the Executive package which is supposed to be a top 10% writer - if it was this bad from their best I wonder about the rest.

mikej383
5/10/19

TopResume misled me with their "free review," and continued to make my resume much, much worse than it originally was. Format was terrible, the language was pedestrian, and the writer clearly did not have any professional experience. There's a reason this site doesn't offer any refunds - they know their work is garbage!

juliem560
5/9/19

The people here at top resume are very helpful in making your resume stand out from other people. So you can land that job you've been waiting for. I'm glad I asked for help. Thank you

guidom11
5/9/19

In my work i always see way to work better. I know that many ideas have little impact. And boss never accept suggestions. But as usual boss apply suggestions later as if was a boss genius idea. What count is work better. Topresume help me to get conscious of that. Only few CEO help or push workers to improve work. Now my resume will capture easily that kind of boss!. am very happy and thankful to topresume to ease me to find a better boss!

wendyr168
5/9/19

Their review and feedback about my resume gave me insight on how companies see my experience. I didn't know how to fix my resume until TopResume gave me honest feedback.

hollyw104
5/9/19

I was very happy with my resume BEFORE it was reviewed, but Emily Gardner offered many helpful suggestions to boost my confidence in providing the best resume possible. She brought to light many details I had never considered before. She was honest, professional, and direct. Now I understand how I was presenting myself through her perspective and able to enhance my resume based on her critic. I am very happy I took advantage of this service. Thank you so much!

ad212

What a scam!!!

Had wording such as "Maintained drone maintenance" . Really? Are you that in adept at speaking English to see the issue there??

Quality of a Fiverr Resume writer. Stay away from these people!!!!!

huntert19
5/7/19

My reviewer really shocked and surprised me by giving me such a thorough. She touched on so many important postings that I hadn't considered before.

charlesn103
5/7/19

Topresume analyses the resume of people who are applying for jobs and interested in increasing their chances of getting it by suggesting changes in the resume format and presentation and thus increasing the effectiveness of the way the resume showcases their usefulness to the company being interviewed for.

martini15
5/5/19

I submitted a three page, professionally edited resume to TopResume for someone within their "top 10%" to improve. They returned a two-page version with over 20 grammatical and spelling errors. I stopped counting just into the second page. I asked them to review and fix the errors. They returned the resume and fixed one error. As I received their replies at about 5AM CST, along with the gross misuse of the English language, I strongly suspect that English is not the first language for this "top 10%" resume writer. Don't waste your money or your time. This is a scam.

jiayung
5/5/19

This is the worst experience I have ever had.

1. The writer absolutely has no experience in the industry I was applying for. Unprofessional words and expressions are all over the page.
2. A 7-day delay of the first draft without telling me the reason and without an apology.
3. Refused to refund and ask me to transfer my credit to friends or family. Seriously? Why would I do this if I don't trust your service?
4. Change contact person every time I contact them regarding the problem.
5. Only gave me 7 days to review the draft while they needed 14 days to write the draft (including the 7-day delay).
6. First draft presented had many mistakes that even I can easily identify. e.g repeating the same points. I don't know how many more mistakes the employers can find out.

Guys if you wanna get a perfect resume don't every use this TopResume. They will provide you nothing more than few pages of meaningless words.

anism11
5/3/19

It's a good thing that happened to me. I was searching for something and this site came up.
I uploaded my resume. Later I got email. They reviewed my resume. There were many mistakes in resume. They show me my errors and how to correct them.
I'll say it's one of the best site I have seen.

howardc82
5/3/19

This service opened my mind to improvements that I would not have thought of on my own. If you really need help with sprucing up your resume, this is the place!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Absolutely not!!!! They don't even have a phone number to talk to customer service of you have an issue. They also manipulate their rating on this site which sadly was comfirmed by a SiteJabber customer service employee. There are other much better more reputable services out there.

By Joshua R.

Hi Carolyn, Thanks for asking! The process will begin with a questionnaire. If after you submit the questionnaire, the writer has follow-up questions, the writer will reach out.

By Jenna M., TopResume Representative

Be careful with this company. They post 1000s of fake reviews to hide the real ones. Note that they do not post their phone number or address on the website. I had to file with the BBB to get a refund after never being contacted. This is a SCAM company - you are better off writing your own resume, trust me on this

By Sam A.

I second that, Alex! This service is a sham! I've been assigned 3 different writers and have received a subpar product back each time, written by someone who's first language is clearly not English. The best part, I paid $100+ for a "LinkedIn Rewrite" and this was where the writer copied and pasted their version of my resume into the boxes for LinkedIn. You've got to be kidding me... Don't waste your money!!

By McKenzie A.

Don't waste your money. All of these "reviews" are probably fake. I actually paid them $189 and never even got a usable resume. Find a better company. These guys are crooks!

By Trish M.

You will not get your money refunded, no matter how bad the result is. I tried.

By Darren S.

Hi there, TopResume is great for accounting professionals. We have a network of hundreds of writers who specialize in a variety of industries, and we will match your order with a writer who has knowledge and experience in your field. If you have any other questions please feel free to email us at customersupport@talentinc.com.

By Jenna M., TopResume Representative

Hi Sandra, Apologies for the delay. Our customer support reps are always on and more response than we are on this review site! That being said, If you'd like to send us a direct message here or on our Facebook page, I can ensure that a customer support rep responds right away. To address your industry question, we have a network of hundreds of writers who specialize in a variety of industries and we can certainly match your order with a writer who has knowledge and experience in your field. If you have any other questions please feel free to email us at customersupport@talentinc.com.

By Jenna M., TopResume Representative

I am on month two and still have not received a finalized document. Currently, I've gone through 3 different writers and still do not have a usable document. My original resume, cover letter and LinkedIn are far better products than what I've received from TopResume. If you are thinking of using this service, please PASS. It has been a tremendous waste of my resources: time and money. Best of luck to you.

By McKenzie A.

Because this company is a sham. Please do not waste your money. There are plenty of reputable services that you can use.

By McKenzie A.
Questions? Get answers from the TopResume staff and other customers.

TopResume?