Review of TopResume

Tel: 1-800-604-1929
contact@topresume.com

mohsina16
2/17/19

I haven't got my CV written by them but I got their review on my current CV. the review was specific and gives some logical insightful direction for re-writing it. But other peoples review is not making me any interested to get written my CV by them. So, as their review was good, i gave them 3 star on the basis of this.

kylem217
2/17/19

I tried to get them to make good on their commitment to rewrite my resume after the first draft was not helpful. They asked for additional details of how/what I was searching for. That was 14 days ago and I have not heard back from them. At this point I assume I have been scammed.
Also, I took their final product, resubmitted it into their site for review and...SURPRISE, the website said I need editing and THEY could help!
SCAM!

garethm20
2/16/19

This business is a joke. First they bill me in USD for a purchase from their Australian site resulting in overcharging me about $100. Then the "writer" they assigned to me does such a bad job that the first draft is so bad it's not acceptable. There were incorrect dates for roles, incorrect job titles, position descriptions copied from previous roles that were totally wrong and many other mistakes. When I ask for assistance to fix the billing error and also the unacceptable draft nothing happens. Eventually after raising a dispute with my bank I am told that no further work can be done until the bank dispute is resolved. In the meantime I am having to use an old resume to apply for some great roles. Three months later, several weeks after the bank dispute is resolved, I contacted by topresume to see what they need to do. Overall this is by far the worst business I have had the horror (NOT honour) to interact with. I strongly recommend using an alternative company to topresume as they are crap.

zacho7
2/11/19

very helpful tips on overall resume presentation and keywords. Looking forward to results. Getting more traction with employers is going to feel great

liatc1
2/11/19

I received the review very quickly, it was very helpful, clear, consiece, with examples and explanations. Emily even followed up to get my thoughts on it. Amazing service :) thank you

richardt353
2/11/19

While TopResume's "Free Review Offer" provides a great bait at to hook eventual client,
the second phase is far away from useful. The ratio Quality/Price cannot be worst. How can I trust a company to review professional documents when the writers communicate in a doubtable English, and expressed limited abilities to really understand the job market
needs? How can anyone can rate their service as excellent unless it is possible
to verify their true identity of past clients? I sense that they used general
guidelines and relevant information available online to rewrite curriculum vitaes.
The best word to describe their level of competency is amateurism. Unless you
have $ to throw out of the window, do you research of a valuable company which
master the skills of writing powerful resumes and cover letters, or do it yourself using a similar same modus operandi. Sincerely, STAY AWAY like the
plague!

Tip for consumers: Do your research browsing the Web. Do not trust a company with no refund policy asking to pay upfront for a product that you cannot verify before end.

craigd133
2/7/19

Pulled me in for $279, great "resume review" bait and then I ordered the $279 package they delivered a fake job history and fake skills. I have been battling them for months trying to get my refund.
Their resumes are re-written by people overseas using information in OTHER peoples resumes.
It is amazing how a company like this can actually be in business and exist, it is a complete fraud. Look at their reviews, 99% are negative.

greatr7
2/7/19

Scam scam scam. They don't refund your money even if you didn't get any service. The "writer" assigned was like on drugs, didn't make sense.

timc320
2/6/19

I had this company write my resume the first time it wasn't good, sent it back to have it rewritten and it still did me no good. I reached out to then in regards to the resume they wrote for me and i have yet to hear back. So i run the resume that i had them do for me through their system and this is what i got back(see my attachment below). This service is way over priced and a scam.

lindak406
2/6/19

.. but I didn't ask you to praise me,
I asked you to review my resume and as much as I would like to call you out, I can't because the fault for not being able to explain what i do, how great i really am and how every boss in the world would benefit greatly from having ME as an employee, is entirely on me. Thank you for being honest and thank you for NOT doing what I wanted, but what I needed!

koriannel
2/6/19

This is a real free service that is actually someone that reads your resume and critiques the entire thing. There is no catch but of course they offer an additional service to rewrite your resume after for a good price. (Around 150$ which is totally worth it to land the job you want). I have no affiliation with this company just a happy customer!

bobi31
2/3/19

After I took the bait from the AARP site and from the strong customer service emails enticing me as to how wonderful the service was at To Resume, I soon learned after their first deadline was missed [7 days first draft], that I would also not be receiving any quick email replies from the "resume professional" assigned to my specific needs either.

This is a typical grab your cash and forget the customer operation. I have requested a refund through their customer service site, the resume pro, and the market rep but have not had a response (only been 48 hours). My next move is to dispute with my CC provider.

You may have a better experience then I, but, that choice is yours. I do not recommend this provider.

mckenziea3
1/31/19

I purchased the "Executive Package" including a new cover letter, resume and LinkedIn profile. Initially, I was assigned a writer who did not respond, so TopResume assigned me a new writer (who could barely speak English) and created a highly juvenile resume with a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. I called TopResume and was assured that I would be assigned a new writer immediately. My new writer created a resume and cover letter that were inadequate. I asked for several changes that were not reflected. I inquired of the status of my LinkedIn profile since I paid for it but it was never sent. Several weeks later the new writer sent me the resume she had created, pasted into LinkedIn formatting. I'm still a bit confused as to why I paid over $300 for a subpar resume, terrible cover letter, and that same subpar resume pasted into LinkedIn formatting. Huge time waste. Please save your money. If I could give them negative stars I would.

Now I'm two months in, when I could have used a more reputable service and been well on my way into my job search.

kelseyw40
1/29/19

It appears as if Top Resume has a blanket review for their "free ATS scan". I submitted my original resume and received a free scan back. The scan said my resume wouldn't get me the jobs that I was applying for, it highlighted words on my resume that would "appear on the scan" .. and those words were not what I wanted my resume portrayed as. I paid the $149 to have my resume rewritten by TopResume. I entered my new resume into the free scan and received THE SAME EXACT EMAIL RESPONSE AS MY FIRST RESUME. So either my first resume wasn't bad, the edited one wasn't good, or they have a blanket response to scare everyone into using their service. I emailed the company to express my concerns and the attached photo basically confirms that they have an automated response to streamline (aka scare people) their "business".

justinm252
1/28/19

Decided to update my resume and wanted a fresh perspective so I decided to pay roughly $230 for the CV and cover letter update from a writer named Emily.

Once I signed up, I had to fill out a survey and was asked my top accomplishments which I thought was strange given I had already submitted my existing resume.

A week or so later, I got the resume they worked on and to be fair the template was vastly different from what I had been using. There was a high level statement followed by bulleted key words, the education came to the front, and my most recent job experience got pushed below education.

Here were the issues:
- The high level statement had a string of buzz words that when I put into Google, I found multiple people had pasted the phrase on Linked In profiles. Meaning they are re-purposing in verbatim!
- The bullet keywords were all general management phrases like "Sales", "Effective team management" etc. vs. relevant phrases for my industry. They didn't even try to research what they would be!
- The tasks under my job were copied and pasted exactly from the intake survey.
- The cover letter was hopeless. It was 2 paragraphs of the most generic buzz word(y) thing you could have found when you Googled "cover letter template"

Overall, the only thing Top Resume will get you is a new format. Just Google, TopResume format and see the examples. Don't pay the $200 and just use that template and re-phrase it with your relevant experience and industry associated phrases.

jackt132
1/27/19

The resume was not improved and was merely placed into a different format\template. I thought I was hiring a professional writer but that was not the case. The areas identified as weak by the Top Resume feedback engine were not addressed. The write simply complimented me on the resume and didn't address any of specifics I asked to be improved or for feedback. Waste of money and time. You can only communicate with the writer via email and they just use generic templates to appease you. There is no refunds and you cannot transfer writers...I tried and received no response.

janetk284
1/25/19

The feedback I got, made me realize how much info my Resume lacked. It gave me a new perspective on how my resume should look like. Also they are willing to help you build a great resume at a few though, but I think it's worth it.

sadiqa3
1/25/19

I felt the review was done by a human or at least had some human input. The suggestions were useful and easy to implement

georgev131
1/25/19

I took up the offer of a resume review through Glassdoor with a healthy dose of scepticism. What I got was a very pleasant surprise. Clear considered feedback from an individual that read my resume and offered constructive ideas and the reasons behind the suggested changes. Overall a great interaction that left me feeling positive and had me making changes on the spot. Thank you Top Resume. If you are looking for guidance in writing a resume I suggest you try Top Resume. Cheers, George V, Sydney Australia.

chrish888
1/25/19

I held a job for a long time before being "awakened" recently by being laid off. I had not even thought about updating my resume for years. TopResume asked good questions and portrayed me right. Moreover, my consultant knew what are now considered the "dos and don'ts" of resume drafting today, something about which I had no clue. After several drafts, the final result was highly appreciated by me.

soroushf
1/25/19

Found about the website from a job listing service out there and thought it is an automated general formatting review service or something like that. Wouldn't expect and actually couldn't believe that I got a very thorough and in-depth review of my resume the next day.

I have no idea about the paid service as other people mentioned. However I believe there free service could as well be a paid service by it-self.

mohamedk40
1/24/19

I am currently unemployed, I was extremely lucky to find Katie Warren from TopResume by coincidence, this is not the first time I have had dealings with TopResume. I must reiterate that on both occasions with them I was never charged a cent for the fantastic work they did for me. TopResume helped me by reviewing my existing C.V, peruse it with a fine tooth comb and come back with very insightful feedback, Katie Warren went above and beyond giving me outstanding tips of where my C.V. let me down, My current C.V. was close to 10 pages long, thanks to TopResume I have condensed it down to 2 pages, my format and layout was not consistent, I had bullet points everywhere, my wording was not clear or concise, so I utilised all this critical information which was free of charge and made my C.V. stand out from the rest, I am sure that I will have no trouble securing the job I am after now

jessicam602
1/24/19

I think whoever made this website to help people like myself that hasn't done a resume in years and don't know what businesses are looking for is a really great idea. The wonderful details and also idea's they give back is so amazing.Right now money is really short but when I do have the money I will be returning to this website for them to make my resume very professional.Thank youu so kindly.
Jessica

alid59
1/24/19

I had a great experience working with TopResume. My writer was considerate, attentive, and professional, working to deliver my resume and cover letter as quickly as possible. I would certainly recommend this service to anyone looking for new opportunities.

ibrahimb30
1/24/19

Thank you so much for the job well done. Most of the areas that I didn't take cognisance of in my CV that seems to narrow my job selection opportunities were clearly guided.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Absolutely not!!!! They don't even have a phone number to talk to customer service of you have an issue. They also manipulate their rating on this site which sadly was comfirmed by a SiteJabber customer service employee. There are other much better more reputable services out there.

By Joshua R.

Hi Carolyn, Thanks for asking! The process will begin with a questionnaire. If after you submit the questionnaire, the writer has follow-up questions, the writer will reach out.

By Jenna M., TopResume Representative

Be careful with this company. They post 1000s of fake reviews to hide the real ones. Note that they do not post their phone number or address on the website. I had to file with the BBB to get a refund after never being contacted. This is a SCAM company - you are better off writing your own resume, trust me on this

By Sam A.

Don't waste your money. All of these "reviews" are probably fake. I actually paid them $189 and never even got a usable resume. Find a better company. These guys are crooks!

By Trish M.

You will not get your money refunded, no matter how bad the result is. I tried.

By Darren S.

Hi there, TopResume is great for accounting professionals. We have a network of hundreds of writers who specialize in a variety of industries, and we will match your order with a writer who has knowledge and experience in your field. If you have any other questions please feel free to email us at customersupport@talentinc.com.

By Jenna M., TopResume Representative

Hi Sandra, Apologies for the delay. Our customer support reps are always on and more response than we are on this review site! That being said, If you'd like to send us a direct message here or on our Facebook page, I can ensure that a customer support rep responds right away. To address your industry question, we have a network of hundreds of writers who specialize in a variety of industries and we can certainly match your order with a writer who has knowledge and experience in your field. If you have any other questions please feel free to email us at customersupport@talentinc.com.

By Jenna M., TopResume Representative

I second that, Alex! This service is a sham! I've been assigned 3 different writers and have received a subpar product back each time, written by someone who's first language is clearly not English. The best part, I paid $100+ for a "LinkedIn Rewrite" and this was where the writer copied and pasted their version of my resume into the boxes for LinkedIn. You've got to be kidding me... Don't waste your money!!

By McKenzie A.

Hi Maya, They are different services. The LinkedIn makeover is to make sure your LinkedIn profile is professionally made, so it looks presentable when potential employers check out your profile. The resume posting service will help you post your resume on multiple job sites, which will help you increase your chances of getting noticed by recruiters.

By Jenna M., TopResume Representative

Hi David, Thank you for writing in! If you purchase the executive priority package, turnaround is 2 business days. For the other packages, you'll have your new resume and cover letter in about 4-7 business days. I hope that helps! Feel free to email support@topresume.com with any other questions!

By Jenna M., TopResume Representative
Questions? Get answers from the TopResume staff and other customers.

24 Photos for TopResume