Review of FlexJobs

US
Tel: 1-866-991-9222
feedback@flexjobs.com
2017 Customer choice award
Check out FlexJobs for yourself today!
View Now

johnd912
12/11/17

I was looking for a part-time telecommuting job to supplement my income. I found Flexjobs.com in my search for a work at home position. These are real companies and real job opportunities for individuals who want to work from home. I signed up for a subscription with a goal to find a job within three months. Flexjobs.com made this possible.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Thank you for your kind words, John! We are always excited to hear that someone found the right flexible job for them. How wonderful that you were able to set a goal and find precisely what you were looking for with a supplemental role. We wish you continued success in your position and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. The FlexJobs Team.
michelles361
12/10/17

I joined Flexjobs in September 2017 and I will start my new job in early December. I applied for approximately 10 jobs and I had interviews with 3 different companies. I made finding a job my only job. Even if it's nights or weekends, let Flexjobs vet the companies and focus on using the tools the website offers to help you. Good luck in your search!

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Congratulations on your new job, Michelle! We are so happy to hear that you used our service to focus in on the type of legitimate jobs you needed. We wish you great success with your new job! The FlexJobs Team
shelleyc40
10/30/17

I've used this site a couple of times and was thrilled recently to apply and get hired as a remote/online mental health therapist. I would use them again and it was worth the fee since it ensured the jobs were legitimate and not scams. i have also recommended this job site to several other people who are looking for at home or flexible jobs.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
How awesome that you've used our site before and came back when you were looking for telecommuting opportunities. Finding a remote mental health therapy position is probably not the "standard" type of position people consider when thinking about telecommuting, but many industries like therapy can be professional and flexible. We appreciate you sharing your story with your friends who are also looking for flexible work and with us. We wish you continued success with your new job! The FlexJobs Team.
nicolettel1
10/27/17

The best option available if you want to find a telecommute/remote/virtual job. From the custom dashboard to the multiple job opportunity options tailored to your desires, FlexJobs.com has it all!

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Wow - thank you for the great review, Nicholette! We are happy to hear that your membership to FlexJobs was successful and tailored to the flexible jobs you wanted. All the best for your new flexible position! The FlexJobs Team.
bonniel55
10/27/17

I found a part-time remote position that was perfect for me. I appreciate the helpful resources and the search system that allowed me to find good opportunities. These are all real jobs.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hi, Bonnie! We are so excited to hear that you found the right part-time, remote position for you. We wish you continued success in your new job and are thrilled to hear that the resources we provided helped get you started. The FlexJobs Team.
gingerc12
10/22/17

I was able to find a flexible job that fit perfectly with my family's needs. My husband travels and I worked full time. After having our second child, we were never able to spend time as a family. Now we have plenty of family time and I can still contribute to our family financially!

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hello, Ginger! Congratulations on finding the right job for you and your family. It's exciting to hear that you are now able to have family time and contribute to the finances without having to sacrifice one for the other. We are so thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience using our site and we wish you continued success with your new job. The FlexJobs Team
ceciliav2
10/4/17

I had a good experience job seeking through FlexJobs. Mostly I found serious job offers for global companies and I feel happy that a website like this exists to connect people to remote jobs worldwide. User-friendly and worth the money.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hi, Cecilia! Thank you for sharing your experience using our service. We love finding positions that open up the world to people and allows them to move around with their careers and locations. We are happy to hear that you had such a great experience and found serious, scam-free jobs. We wish you all the best with your career. The FlexJobs Team
paulas101
10/2/17

I am mystified by the negative reviews I see on this site about FlexJobs. I signed up at a promotional rate for three months, and will likely renew. I'm seeking location-independent work, which makes my situation a bit more of a challenge, but FlexJobs offers a search option for that. While many of the positions I've seen require an advanced degree (post-BA/BS), two came to my attention on September 29 that matched my skills, and I applied for both. I am purposely writing this review now, before I know whether I will hear back on either of those, because the point is that with all the scams and trash out there, this company and their site is the real deal. The customer service I've received has been outstanding. And, if you sign up for a year, the fee is $50. That is $4.16 per month. Skip Starbucks for one day, and it's paid for itself. That is all.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hi, Paula! How exciting that you have found multiple jobs to apply for that fit both your skills and flexibility needs. We are happy to hear that your interactions with our Client Services Team have been outstanding - we do love helping people utilize the site to the best of their ability. Your kind words about your experience are much appreciated, and we look forward to hearing that you have secured the perfect job. The FlexJobs Team
angelam228
10/2/17

Compared to other pay services, the return on investment was the best with Flexjobs because I actually secured a telecommute job through the service. The leads they posted were well-vetted (I never ran across a scam or a fake post). They have a variety of tools to create a personal profile which can be used to apply to some employers who engage with flexjobs directly. (My current employer did this).

I wouldnt hesitate to use the service again should I need it in the future.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hi, Angela! Thank you for your kind words about your experience using our service. Hearing that you found a telecommuting job through FlexJobs' service is what we like to hear. We wish you continued success and happiness in your new position and will be here should you need us in the future. The FlexJobs Team
tiffanyg48
9/25/17

I learned of FlexJobs while conversing with a Lyft driver about my desire to find legitimate telecommute work to maintain a stay at home mom role while also utilizing my professional qualifications. I was somewhat skeptical, especially after learning a fee was associated, but after so many positive reviews and success stories, I decided to give them a try. While deciding what type of subscription I wanted to try, I was offered a discounted rate that also came along with a money back guarantee for dissatisfaction. I originally joined in March for a 3 month subscription, and ended up renewing for an additional three months. The site is easy to navigate and provides immense resources and tips on how to increase opportunities for employment. I was able to find two long-term contract positions that pay well, and permit me to fully utilize my professional competencies. I am beyond impressed and so elated that I gave the site a try! I encourage anyone interested in flexible jobs to give them a try!!

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hi, Tiffany! Congratulations on finding not one, but TWO contract positions through our site. We certainly understand that it can seem like a long-shot to find a job where you can manage your work-life balance, but we are thrilled to hear that you gave our site a chance and it worked so well for you. We wish you continued success and happiness with your new contracts. The FlexJobs Team
daniell1555
9/22/17

With FlexJobs I trusted that each result that came up in my search was legitimate. I was able to customize my search based on interests, and most importantly for me, the schedule flexibility. I am currently working at a job that I found through FlexJobs that works with my schedule as a stay at home dad.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Congratulations on finding the flexible job you were seeking, Daniel! We love hearing that parents who are looking to balance their work and personal life can stay working professionals without sacrificing their quality parenting time. We wish you continued success and happiness with your new position. The FlexJobs Team
angelae42
9/19/17

FlexJobs provides a great service. I found a job where I could partially telecommute and add work/life balance.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hi, Angela! How wonderful that our service helped you find a job where you could make the work/life balance you had desired a reality. It can be such a challenge to find that with a great company. :) We wish you continued success and happiness with your new job! The FlexJobs Team
jenniferf117
9/13/17

After deciding to change my lifestyle and move away from a traditional office job, I used FlexJobs to search for remote opportunities. The search engines provided a wealth of results unmatched by any other resources I had tried previously. I also had the confidence that all jobs were verified and legitimate- well worth the low monthly subscription fee. Thank to FlexJobs, I was able to find a new position very quickly and easily- a position I wouldn't have found otherwise. I'm so glad I signed up!

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Thank you for your kind review, Jennifer! We are so happy that you found the right position for the type of flexibility you were seeking and that using our service allowed you to quickly and easily identify the jobs and employers you were interested in. We enjoy hearing that using us allowed you a cleaner, legitimate, efficient job search, which also yielded a great opportunity. We wish you all the best in your new job! The FlexJobs Team.
ricks151
9/5/17

A friend recommended FlexJobs to me. I was looking to find a job with some flexibility in work location and I literally found my next job the first day using the site. Granted, it took about 6 weeks to actually be hired, which wasn't unexpected, but the site is legit. Obviously I was lucky to find one so quick, but there are roles out there with flexibility and telecommute options.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hi, Rick! How incredible that you were able to find the right job on your first day of searching our site. We are always thrilled when people can live with the work-life balance that fits their life best. Congratulations again on finding a great new job and we wish you continued success and happiness! The FlexJobs Team.
asteriskl
8/27/17

FlexJobs was an excellent option when I decided to pursue a full remote position. The searches, resume profiles, and email updates made the job search manageable and exciting.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hello, Asterisk! Congratulations on making the change to a full remote position! We love hearing that you not only found the right job for you, you felt that using our service kept you in control and confident about the changes you were making for your work-life balance. We wish you all continued success and happiness with your new job! The FlexJobs Team
erind50
8/6/17

I signed up for FlexJobs on a whim after being a stay-at-home mom for more than 10 years. With my youngest children headed to school full time this year, I was looking for flexible or contract work I could do from home, earning real income, and that wouldn't interfere with my duties as my kids' primary caregiver when my husband is deployed. I was a member for about two months and applied for several jobs during that time. I was impressed with how often new jobs in my field were added, as well as the variety of full-time, part-time, and contract work positions listed on FlexJobs. I was ultimately offered and accepted a contract position with competitive pay, working for a great company. I highly recommend FlexJobs to anyone looking for any kind of alternative or telecommuting work.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hello, Erin! Congratulations on your new job. We are so happy to hear that you were able to secure the flexible contract work you were seeking that wouldn't negatively impact your work-life balance. It can certainly be intimidating to look for positions when you have been out of the job market for any reason, and it's wonderful that your FlexJobs subscription allowed you to streamline your job search into the most viable listings. We wish you continued success and happiness with your new job. The FlexJobs Team
samanthak39
7/24/17

Flex jobs helped me to find my dream job (I'm not kidding). I am able to sit in my gazebo and drink my morning tea, in my pajamas. It takes a certain kind of person to work from home. You have to be strict with your time and you have to be protective of when you are working and when you are relaxing. It actually is harder than you would imagine. But for some of us, creating a list of priorities in a day is no problem, and the stresses of being in an office environment are too great and cause poor quality of life. I would not trade being protective of my time for having to drive and get dressed for work. I take my job very seriously, even in my sweatpants.

Thank you Flex job for giving me quality of life again.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Congratulations on finding your dream job through FlexJobs! We love hearing that our platform has allowed you to maintain your professional goals, even while wearing pajamas, and increased your quality of life overall. It is so important that people can be disciplined to work from home, but it does come with so many benefits, too. We wish you continued happiness and success with your new job! The FlexJobs Team
martyg19
7/20/17

Unlike nearly every other world class job site, they don't have a 'smart resume parser ' that reads your resume and fills in such things as work history and tech skills.

I would have expected that having made me pay they would have invested in that kind of tool.

So use this site only if you're ready to spend 2-3 hours more in setup than any other site. You have to manually re-enter all your data to have it searchable in their format

I chatted with one of their customer service people and the bottom line from her was 'well clients search the tags you entered when you started up' They are pretty broad and way to limited for tech jobs.

It's nice if they force a client to read your resume instead of searching, but my guess is few do.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
We appreciate your feedback and understand some of your frustration and, as we emailed you separately, we have refunded your subscription fee. Please understand that we agree resume parsing is an element of many job sites and can be helpful, our experience and testing show that it is not always of high quality (even with some of the best services having as low as a 50% accuracy rate, depending on the file being uploaded). While we continue to test options that will be up to our standards, it is true that FlexJobs does not currently have one live for users.

Instead, we offer our users the option to upload their resume upload instantly (if they already have one prepared, as it sounds like you do), and then to supplement their resume with fields in our resume profile process with key areas as you choose. These resume fields are quick easy-to-use drop downs, text fields and boxes which are easy to copy and paste the pre-written copy into should a user like to (rather than manually re-entering). While the time someone chooses to spend on their FlexJobs resume profile definitely will vary depending on each person and their career field, the average to do a complete profile in this way is about 30-45 minutes (although it can take as little as 5-10 minutes to do a more minimal profile).

Overall, the primary goal of FlexJobs is to provide an easier, safer, and more effective way to find quality, professional telecommuting, and flexible jobs. Also, as part of our membership, we offer many elements of our service that free job sites do not, such as expert skill testing in over 100 areas, member partner savings on products and services supporting a flexible work-life style, and attentive customer service.

Again, we have refunded your subscription per our Satisfaction Guarantee, and we wish you the best in your job search. If there is anything else we can do to help, please feel free to contact us at feedback@flexjobs.com or (866) 992-9222. Best regards,

The FlexJobs Team
theof9
6/2/17

I paid the fee for a yearly subscription. After numerous times adjusting my "Advanced Search" parameters I got the same results. The only jobs were telecommute in local areas outside of my state (Texas). The only decent jobs had application links on Indeed.com. I was more successful using Indeed.com and other services for free and spent more time with fewer results with Flexjobs.
When contacting Flexjobs for help, they offered no suggestions just a long explanation of what they do (which I already knew). I immediately asked for my money back.

Tip for consumers: Try other free sites first as Flexjobs job listings often redirect you to these sites for the application process anyway.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Dear Theo,

Thank you for your input, and per our offline follow-up exchange, we’re glad to know that your refund came through successfully and promptly. Also, while we did offer you some dedicated research and an additional complimentary month for us to see if we could better address your concerns, we understand that you have chosen not to take us up on these offers at this time. If you are ever willing to reconsider, please feel free to contact us.

We also have taken your feedback to the client support contact on our team who you initially interacted with, and--while they were relatively new--we are making sure that they have additional training to better address future questions and concerns.

We do know that every jobseeker’s experience is a unique one, and while we regret we weren’t able to be the best resource for you, we do absolutely wish you the best in your web design/design job search.
mh179
5/28/17

FlexJobs does not only provide job listings - they have a wealth of information about the job search process that I found invaluable after 6 years of being a stay at home mom. I now have a freelance position that meets my needs perfectly - a position I would never have learned about without flexjobs.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Congratulations on your new position! We love hearing that you were able to find a freelancing position that matches the type of work-life balance that you were seeking when joining our service. We wish you the best in your transition to freelancing from being a stay at home mom. :-) The FlexJobs Team
ptt4
5/17/17

I've tried many different job boards to find freelance work. FlexJobs is the fist one that actually worked and didn't charge an arm and leg for their service. Wonderful site!

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hello, PT. Thank you so much for your review of FlexJobs. We are thrilled to hear that you were successful with our company and found the listings both helpful and cost-effective. :) We wish you all the best in your freelancing! The FlexJobs Team
stevend91
5/5/17

I was recently laid off by my past employer in March and immediately started searching for a new role. While doing internet searches for a telecommuting job as a Business Development Director, I found FlexJobs and decided to try it out. I paid for a month subscription and created two profiles for the type of work I hoped to find. At the time, I was also relying heavily on Indeed and LinkedIn searches for job leads. After creating my profiles on FlexJobs, I immediately received job suggestions (something FlexJobs sends out daily). The jobs and companies I found through the site were great - I applied to about a dozen or so awesome openings with good organizations in the first 2-3 weeks. FlexJobs quickly became my primary search tool versus the other sites. I interviewed with a half dozen companies that responded but narrowed that down to three "finalists" within a month. After several more interviews with those three companies, I had 2 job offers and actually had to pull myself out of a final interview in another state because I accepted one of the other offers.
I found FlexJobs to be an invaluable resource in my job search, particularly for telecommuting positions. It's easy to use, effective, and the search features yielded relevant job leads that interested me. I ended up paying about $40 for two months' subscription to the site and found an awesome position making thousands more per year with a company I am excited to join. Highly recommend this site!

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hi, Steven! We are so pleased to hear that you were able to find so many great jobs that fit the type of flexibility that you were seeking. It's wonderful to hear that many companies contacted you and you were able to winnow down your job search to what would be best for you. We wish you much success with your new job!
catherinej28
5/4/17

For a pretty small fee I was able to sort through relevant positions and not have to worry about scams, wasting my time, or having my personal information stolen. I found the job I was looking for, and am happy in my new position.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hello, Catherine! Congratulations on your new position! We love hearing that you were able to find what you were looking for without the risk that can be present when searching for a job. Being concerned with legitimacy is very important, especially when looking at listings that offer great flexibility options. We wish you all the best in your new position.
annmariem7
5/4/17

I decided to use FlexJobs to figure out if my fast typing skills could possibly make me any extra cash through an online service. After subscribing to FlexJobs I found a job within less than a month!

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Hi, AnnMarie! We love hearing about people being able to utilize their skills in creative and flexible ways to make some income. We are thrilled to hear that you found a match for this within a month of subscribing to the service. We wish you continued success in your new job!
jeffd94
5/4/17

I literally found, interviewed and got the first position I applied to on Flexjobs, so my results probably aren't typical, but it's a fantastic resource if you're looking for telecommuting jobs. Thoroughly impressed at how well vetted and accurate the posting were.

Response from Clientsupport S., FlexJobs Representative
Wow, Jeff! How exciting that the first job you applied for ended up being where you are now working! We love being a part of helping people find the right match for their industry, and it sounds like you were able to find that quickly and easily. We wish you all the best with your new job!

Hello Mark I am concerned that you may be looking at another company with a similar name that states you will be doing offers for pay and requires a backup and certification. We are not the same company, and we have no association or affiliation with that company. For more information on copycat companies and their scams, please check out https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/copycat-scam-alert-myflexjob-is-not-flexjobs/ We wish you the best of luck in your job search! The FlexJobs Team

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]

Hi, Thanks for your question. You can easily cancel your account at anytime. You would click on your name in the upper right, then click on Account Settings, then on Subscription. Here you can cancel your account now, or you can expire your account, so that it won't renew. You can also call us at 866-991-9222 and we can cancel your account for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Best, Jeremy

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]

Hello Carmen! We always suggest taking a look at our current job database https://www.flexjobs.com/jobs to see if we currently have positions open that will match a person's skills and flexibility preferences. We have over 50 different job categories with positions ranging from entry level to executive. We wish you the best in your career search! The FlexJobs Team

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]

Hello Michael! We have a dedicated Client Services Team that is available here, https://www.flexjobs.com/contact who are available to assist with any account needs through phone, email or chat. The FlexJobs Team

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]

Hi Laquanna, You have FlexJobs.com mistaken for another site. On FlexJobs.com, we will never ask you to download mypcbackup. Please see the following blog for further information: https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/copycat-scam-alert-myflexjob-is-not-flexjobs/. The FlexJobs.com team

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]

Thanks for your question. FlexJobs.com hand screens all companies before they can post jobs on FlexJobs.com. We confirm that they are legitimate employers and that the jobs they post will include some type of flexibility. This can be telecommuting (working from home), part-time, freelance or jobs that offer a flexible schedule. We offer 3 subscription options: $14.95/month, $29.95/3 months or $49.95/year. Once you have a paid subscription, you can create a profile, upload your resume to the site and search/apply for jobs. If you have any questions, please contact our Client Services team at 1-866-991-9222. Thanks!

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]

Hello Claudia! I am concerned that you may be looking at another company with a similar name that states you will be doing offers for pay. We are not the same company, and we have no association or affiliation with that company. For more information on copycat companies and their scams, please check out https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/copycat-scam-alert-myflexjob-is-not-flexjobs/ We wish you the best of luck in your job search! The FlexJobs Team

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]

Hi Anne, I believe that you have FlexJobs.com mistaken for another site. On FlexJobs.com, we will never ask you to download anything and will never ask you to pay for a protection plan. Please see the following blog for further information: https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/copycat-scam-alert-myflexjob-is-not-flexjobs/. The FlexJobs.com team

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]

You can do a specific location search for jobs available in Canada. We do see a number of flexible positions that are posted from companies in Canada. We also see some flexible positions that are open worldwide.

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]

Thanks for your question. FlexJobs has telecommuting jobs (home based) posted that are open anywhere in the US and some that are open anywhere in the world. You can search for these positions from the Advanced Search Options page.

By Clientsupport S. [FlexJobs Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the FlexJobs staff and other customers.

FlexJobs?