US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

johnm927
11/21/16

When both items were cancelled due to incorrect inventories I cant help but believe that the Internet retailer, or their supplier, is either (1) playing games, or (2) doesnt really have control of their business.

In any event, charging me at time of ordering, holding my funds for three weeks, before advising of a cannot ship position, is completely contrary to the reputation Nordstrom has sought to develop and maintain.

Perhaps you should consider charging at shipment, instead of order for Tumi items only (if theyre at fault) or for all items if its Nordstrom that has inventory management issues.

holly524
11/3/16

I waited a month for my coat to ship even though shipping estimate was 7-10 days and then they just sent an email a month later saying they had lower inventory than they thought. It's bad enough to underestimate shipping by almost a whole month, but underestimating inventory on top of that and not at least giving me some kind of incentive to keep shopping with them is just dumb.

andrewn41
10/31/16

I LOVED HauteLook (notice the past tense). They were a true arm of Nordstrom both in merchandise and service. But in the past couple months ALL of my orders have been delayed, there is zero way to get in contact with a customer service rep (you can't email them and if you call you have to CONSTANTLY press #2 when prompted or it will hang up. Voicemails were never returned), and I am finished with this company. Whatever the hell they changed, they messed up big time. I know I may have the biased opinion of a loyal Nordstrom customer but this is beyond bad. I won't be shopping there anymore.

sarap63
10/31/16

They can't overcome some upgrade and can't seem to ship anything in a timely manner, or have the customer service to fix any thing either. Ordered $500 worth of shoes, 10 days ago, and they don't know when they are going to ship, or if they're around anymore. WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. Not very Nordstrom at all. What a joke. Zero star rating.

devoral
10/27/16

I have been a customer of Hautelook for many years. Something has happened to their company that has adversely affected their ability to meet customers needs.
Out of the last 4 orders I have placed there , only one has been delivered. Two are in some limbo as I kep getting emails spologizing for the delay but offering no explanation. The 4th was just cancelled after having to wait for a delayed delivery. The reason? They miscalculated their inventory. I could ave gotten this merchandise for a little more and have had it by now. I am pretty screwed about not having boots for an event for this week end!!
I, for one, will no longer be doing business with this company. There are many other discounted online places to shop.

tammyw35
10/13/16

Great products at great discounts and prices.

mercedesc
9/27/16

I order some eye shadows for my niece a birthday present August 18 today date is sep 28 lol now tell me why it takes so long I call customer service n they won't help you at all asked to talk to superior n they have to send a message for 48 hours never again and still waiting the worst experience site not happy at all

janets87
7/25/16

The quality of some of the merchandise is horrendous. Some of the stuff looks like it has been sitting in their warehouse under a pile of garbage for years. And...the customer service leaves much to be desired. I'm now waiting on the phone for 48 minutes to speak with a supervisor over a $10 credit. They keep emailing me to say that they are not receiving my emails-so how do they know that i am emailing them? I don't think I will shop here again.

carlotar1
7/19/16

I bought through Hatelook, a 7 Mankind Jeans and an italian handbag, both deliveries were planned for 2-3 weeks after the ebent closed. I accepted the delivery date, paid and waited long 3 weeks, finally I received an email for my jean delivery on the way and told me the handbag would be delivered separated. I received my jean in a wrong size and an email telling me sorry but they would cancel the handbag order due to short inventory. What?!!?!?! I checked the website and for my surprise they opened again the same event with italian handbags, very unreliable and this website pkays with false advertisement. I'm not gping to buy here again

jessical134
6/2/16

I loved hautelook and I wish I didn't have to say this but this is strike number 2! I've ordered an item and thy sent me the wrong size. Now they tell me sorry and there's nothing they can do about it. Horrible consideration for their customers. Can't believe they can't accommodate for their own mistakes. Not fair to get excited about a purchase and after a mistake on their end I'm left without the ability to receive the item I've purchased. Just horrible.

kanyaj
5/13/16

I wish I can give 0 star! I'm so disappointed in HauteLook, they use Nordstroms quality and credibility to sell crappy product to customer. I'm the same victim as Karen B. I really like "George Nelson" so I order 1 clock that show in the picture that have "George Nelson" name on the face of the clock. And order George Nelson Hang It Wall Coat Rack that show in the HauteLook web with many cute colors. The Clock arrive with no "George Nelson" name on the face of the clock, it is a totally fake one. The coat rack arrive as totally white color!!! totally not the one I order. Customer service are not helping much, I have live chat with them and have email them. I will never order with HauteLook again.

davidh235
5/6/16

HauteLook did a flash sale last month of jewelry. The sale indicated that merchandise would go out when the sale was completed. We were interested in a beautiful piece for Mother's Day. I actually contacted customer service to define where to ship it and to make sure we would get the piece in time. The rep said that would happen. Today - Friday - it is still not here. USPS has a tracking system that indicates it should have been received yesterday but now updates. In reaching out to customer service at HauteLook the rep simply stated that USPS had eight days to deliver the package. She didn't seem the least bit concerned that I had called before to make an informed decision.

Today, I reached the conclusion after many interactions with HauteLook that they are primarily interested in selling as much merchandise as possible and have little, if any concern about customers needs. Getting inexpensive luxury merchandise for myself is one thing. Getting a gift for a loved one? If they can't fulfill the expectation, tell us.

karenb200
5/3/16

The description specifically said, "George Nelson Walnut Atomic Clock." It was inexpensive and a final sale. When the order confirmation came through it said - Control Brand, George Nelson 1820 Walnut Atomic Clock." I didn't realized I'd been duped, until I received the package today - from Amazon! It's a Telechron imitation.
I will not be ordering from this company ever again and am truly dissappionted in Nordstroms and am likely going to stop doing business with them as well.

jenb49
5/3/16

Ordered Friday. It's Tuesday now and no shipping. Their site says 1-3 days but they told me in an email it's 1-3 business days and it's not the third day. Then they said another 3-5 days to get here. Paying $7.95 for shipping, I should get fedex or priority mail for it. I'm done shipping at Rack online unless they make some big changes and care a little more about their customers' expectations.

susanc174
4/28/16

First I got my order messed up. waiting 1.5 months for it to stay in "Processing." Called and they cancelled my order saying that they didnt have anymore in stock, and some reason the computer system did not stop me. They gave me 30$ credit for the inconvenience and told me it will not expire and it will apply to my next order. the person did not put it into my account, I waited and have to call back another time to get them to put it in. I tried placing another order today, and my $30 credit is gone. I looked into my account and it said it expired. I did a chat with a rep and they said they cannot give it to me and he made it seem i was stupid saying that I should have looked at my account which says an expiration date. I told him that i do not check my account for something that i did not expect to see (in this case, an expiration date) and he said he cant reissue it but he can refund me shipping if i order. So i said if you could refund me shipping, then you could refund me $30 instead. But no, he said there is no such thing as couresy credit anymore. I call BS. I cancelled my account with Hautelook. Rather save my money on more reliable companies that doesnt lie and actually ships out the stuff you pay for.

alig14
4/19/16

Hautelook has some really high quality merchandise at low prices. I have ordered a couple of times and not received the items because they don't get the full order -- however, on those rare occasions, they have given me a credit to use towards future orders. It hasn't happened often, so overall I am very pleased with getting some of the same items that I have seen on Nordstrom a few months later at a substantial discount.

jayd210
4/14/16

A wrist watch I bought on there broke within a year. But they only can do returns for 90 days. I don't want to return. I want a functioning wrist watch. Nothing was done about it

rachaelg2
4/10/16

Sometimes you can find good deals, but 75% (3 out of 4) of my orders have either arrived with missing items or one a pair of sandals that broke after being worn 5 times. I will say that their customer service has been very good every time. This most recent order was just the last straw because I can't be running to Nordstrom Rack (which is not even in my city) to return stuff all the time.

kyliev2
4/5/16

I've never had an issue with Hautelook and receive things in a timely manner. I also love that I can return anything I buy from their site to Nordstrom Rack.

nicoleg53
3/21/16

Waited almost 3 weeks for my home décor items. After following up with the Hautelook customer service (after no notice from them) twice, only half of my order arrived. After 2 weeks of chasing Hautelook for the remaining portion of my order I was advised the goods will NOT be delivered since they were overcommitted from the vendor and I would not be receiving my goods. I am still waiting on my card to be refunded - who knows how long that will take..

Safe to say I will NEVER be ordering from Hautelook again.

cecec2
3/14/16

I've been using Hautelook since 2010 and I have to say that the quality of products and prices used to be much much better. You can still find some fashionable steals, just not as great and economic as they use to be. I find their customer service great! I've never had problems with returns and refunds, but I have to say they are rather slow on the shipping and delivery department. I have been compensated for delayed deliveries several times, but I also had to cancel orders quite a few times because of delays.

shiorih
3/8/16

I had been waiting for my orders for over a month. then they cancelled my order because they selled more than they got. In this morning, 20 items were cancelled. They are from different orders in Jan. one of them is the earliest one I purchased. the staff had no rule to distribute their orders. I got some from the latter purchase. but my earlise order was not shipped at all.
I have never seen this kind of website before.

emilyg46
3/2/16

I ordered two items from the HauteLook sale. The order confirmation informed me it would take 2-3 weeks for my items to ship. After waiting over a 4.5 weeks and not receiving any type of communication from HauteLook or Nordstrom Rack, I sent an email inquiring about the state of my order. Only then was I informed that they were unable to fulfill any of my order. They refunded the money for the order back to my account and gave me a $20 credit to use on my next purchase. This attempt at customer service was certainly "too little too late." In my opinion, it is a very poor business model to not have exact knowledge of how many items are available before a sale begins. I will not be shopping at HauteLook or Nordstrom Rack in the future.

krystalb7
2/28/16

I ordered my 2 item on Jan 20....still waiting to receive them. It said it would ship in 2 -3 weeks and when it didn't come, I contacted customer service.. They said it would ship out the next business day....it didn't ship out until 5 days later. That was last week Monday.... And I still haven't received my order!!! It didn't even ship until a MONTH after I ordered it!!! WTH!! I'm in Canada so I understand that shipping takes a lot longer but I order several item from a similar company in the same city....and I got those items in 2 weeks!!! I didn't even ask for express shipping!! I wish I had read the reviews before buying. Save your money and just buy it straight from the source.

amyv14
2/19/16

I wish I would have read reviews before placing an order. The deals they have on products we love is just completely not worth the wait or the bad customer service! I would rather pay full price on these items and receive them within a week! I placed two orders one on 1/19 the other on 1/20 lol I just received my Morphe order yesterday and my palette was broken! There was no "handle with care" sticker on the box so assume UPS man handled my box and ruined my palette. My theBalm products still have not shipped and I am worried I will receive them in the same condition. I have not heard back from Hautelook yet. If you are considering making a purchase off this website...don't do it!! Unless you are willing to wait a whole month or more and have some of your products damaged be my guest.

151 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HauteLook staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question