US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

janets87
7/25/16

The quality of some of the merchandise is horrendous. Some of the stuff looks like it has been sitting in their warehouse under a pile of garbage for years. And...the customer service leaves much to be desired. I'm now waiting on the phone for 48 minutes to speak with a supervisor over a $10 credit. They keep emailing me to say that they are not receiving my emails-so how do they know that i am emailing them? I don't think I will shop here again.

carlotar1
7/19/16

I bought through Hatelook, a 7 Mankind Jeans and an italian handbag, both deliveries were planned for 2-3 weeks after the ebent closed. I accepted the delivery date, paid and waited long 3 weeks, finally I received an email for my jean delivery on the way and told me the handbag would be delivered separated. I received my jean in a wrong size and an email telling me sorry but they would cancel the handbag order due to short inventory. What?!!?!?! I checked the website and for my surprise they opened again the same event with italian handbags, very unreliable and this website pkays with false advertisement. I'm not gping to buy here again

jessical134
6/2/16

I loved hautelook and I wish I didn't have to say this but this is strike number 2! I've ordered an item and thy sent me the wrong size. Now they tell me sorry and there's nothing they can do about it. Horrible consideration for their customers. Can't believe they can't accommodate for their own mistakes. Not fair to get excited about a purchase and after a mistake on their end I'm left without the ability to receive the item I've purchased. Just horrible.

kanyaj
5/13/16

I wish I can give 0 star! I'm so disappointed in HauteLook, they use Nordstroms quality and credibility to sell crappy product to customer. I'm the same victim as Karen B. I really like "George Nelson" so I order 1 clock that show in the picture that have "George Nelson" name on the face of the clock. And order George Nelson Hang It Wall Coat Rack that show in the HauteLook web with many cute colors. The Clock arrive with no "George Nelson" name on the face of the clock, it is a totally fake one. The coat rack arrive as totally white color!!! totally not the one I order. Customer service are not helping much, I have live chat with them and have email them. I will never order with HauteLook again.

davidh235
5/6/16

HauteLook did a flash sale last month of jewelry. The sale indicated that merchandise would go out when the sale was completed. We were interested in a beautiful piece for Mother's Day. I actually contacted customer service to define where to ship it and to make sure we would get the piece in time. The rep said that would happen. Today - Friday - it is still not here. USPS has a tracking system that indicates it should have been received yesterday but now updates. In reaching out to customer service at HauteLook the rep simply stated that USPS had eight days to deliver the package. She didn't seem the least bit concerned that I had called before to make an informed decision.

Today, I reached the conclusion after many interactions with HauteLook that they are primarily interested in selling as much merchandise as possible and have little, if any concern about customers needs. Getting inexpensive luxury merchandise for myself is one thing. Getting a gift for a loved one? If they can't fulfill the expectation, tell us.

karenb200
5/3/16

The description specifically said, "George Nelson Walnut Atomic Clock." It was inexpensive and a final sale. When the order confirmation came through it said - Control Brand, George Nelson 1820 Walnut Atomic Clock." I didn't realized I'd been duped, until I received the package today - from Amazon! It's a Telechron imitation.
I will not be ordering from this company ever again and am truly dissappionted in Nordstroms and am likely going to stop doing business with them as well.

jenb49
5/3/16

Ordered Friday. It's Tuesday now and no shipping. Their site says 1-3 days but they told me in an email it's 1-3 business days and it's not the third day. Then they said another 3-5 days to get here. Paying $7.95 for shipping, I should get fedex or priority mail for it. I'm done shipping at Rack online unless they make some big changes and care a little more about their customers' expectations.

susanc174
4/28/16

First I got my order messed up. waiting 1.5 months for it to stay in "Processing." Called and they cancelled my order saying that they didnt have anymore in stock, and some reason the computer system did not stop me. They gave me 30$ credit for the inconvenience and told me it will not expire and it will apply to my next order. the person did not put it into my account, I waited and have to call back another time to get them to put it in. I tried placing another order today, and my $30 credit is gone. I looked into my account and it said it expired. I did a chat with a rep and they said they cannot give it to me and he made it seem i was stupid saying that I should have looked at my account which says an expiration date. I told him that i do not check my account for something that i did not expect to see (in this case, an expiration date) and he said he cant reissue it but he can refund me shipping if i order. So i said if you could refund me shipping, then you could refund me $30 instead. But no, he said there is no such thing as couresy credit anymore. I call BS. I cancelled my account with Hautelook. Rather save my money on more reliable companies that doesnt lie and actually ships out the stuff you pay for.

alig14
4/19/16

Hautelook has some really high quality merchandise at low prices. I have ordered a couple of times and not received the items because they don't get the full order -- however, on those rare occasions, they have given me a credit to use towards future orders. It hasn't happened often, so overall I am very pleased with getting some of the same items that I have seen on Nordstrom a few months later at a substantial discount.

jayd210
4/14/16

A wrist watch I bought on there broke within a year. But they only can do returns for 90 days. I don't want to return. I want a functioning wrist watch. Nothing was done about it

rachaelg2
4/10/16

Sometimes you can find good deals, but 75% (3 out of 4) of my orders have either arrived with missing items or one a pair of sandals that broke after being worn 5 times. I will say that their customer service has been very good every time. This most recent order was just the last straw because I can't be running to Nordstrom Rack (which is not even in my city) to return stuff all the time.

kyliev2
4/5/16

I've never had an issue with Hautelook and receive things in a timely manner. I also love that I can return anything I buy from their site to Nordstrom Rack.

nicoleg53
3/21/16

Waited almost 3 weeks for my home décor items. After following up with the Hautelook customer service (after no notice from them) twice, only half of my order arrived. After 2 weeks of chasing Hautelook for the remaining portion of my order I was advised the goods will NOT be delivered since they were overcommitted from the vendor and I would not be receiving my goods. I am still waiting on my card to be refunded - who knows how long that will take..

Safe to say I will NEVER be ordering from Hautelook again.

cecec2
3/14/16

I've been using Hautelook since 2010 and I have to say that the quality of products and prices used to be much much better. You can still find some fashionable steals, just not as great and economic as they use to be. I find their customer service great! I've never had problems with returns and refunds, but I have to say they are rather slow on the shipping and delivery department. I have been compensated for delayed deliveries several times, but I also had to cancel orders quite a few times because of delays.

shiorih
3/8/16

I had been waiting for my orders for over a month. then they cancelled my order because they selled more than they got. In this morning, 20 items were cancelled. They are from different orders in Jan. one of them is the earliest one I purchased. the staff had no rule to distribute their orders. I got some from the latter purchase. but my earlise order was not shipped at all.
I have never seen this kind of website before.

emilyg46
3/2/16

I ordered two items from the HauteLook sale. The order confirmation informed me it would take 2-3 weeks for my items to ship. After waiting over a 4.5 weeks and not receiving any type of communication from HauteLook or Nordstrom Rack, I sent an email inquiring about the state of my order. Only then was I informed that they were unable to fulfill any of my order. They refunded the money for the order back to my account and gave me a $20 credit to use on my next purchase. This attempt at customer service was certainly "too little too late." In my opinion, it is a very poor business model to not have exact knowledge of how many items are available before a sale begins. I will not be shopping at HauteLook or Nordstrom Rack in the future.

krystalb7
2/28/16

I ordered my 2 item on Jan 20....still waiting to receive them. It said it would ship in 2 -3 weeks and when it didn't come, I contacted customer service.. They said it would ship out the next business day....it didn't ship out until 5 days later. That was last week Monday.... And I still haven't received my order!!! It didn't even ship until a MONTH after I ordered it!!! WTH!! I'm in Canada so I understand that shipping takes a lot longer but I order several item from a similar company in the same city....and I got those items in 2 weeks!!! I didn't even ask for express shipping!! I wish I had read the reviews before buying. Save your money and just buy it straight from the source.

amyv14
2/19/16

I wish I would have read reviews before placing an order. The deals they have on products we love is just completely not worth the wait or the bad customer service! I would rather pay full price on these items and receive them within a week! I placed two orders one on 1/19 the other on 1/20 lol I just received my Morphe order yesterday and my palette was broken! There was no "handle with care" sticker on the box so assume UPS man handled my box and ruined my palette. My theBalm products still have not shipped and I am worried I will receive them in the same condition. I have not heard back from Hautelook yet. If you are considering making a purchase off this website...don't do it!! Unless you are willing to wait a whole month or more and have some of your products damaged be my guest.

natalieh30
2/17/16

I have purchased a few times from hautelook. I have received mostly good things without issue. However one time, I received the wrong size shirt and requested the size I had ordered, but they did not have more in stock which sucked. They told me I could send it back for a full refund and will give me a store credit, which ended up being like $5 or 10. I was like hmmm waste my time even further? No. Instead I gave the shirt to someone else as a gift. In general they are ok though. EXCEPT with their shipping. Normally it takes about a month to get stuff but thus time takes the cake. I ordered from them on Jan 20 on an order that stated 2-3 weeks to ship. Here we are, one month out, and the order hasn't even arrived at hautelook to then ship to me! I have contacted customer service like 3 times now. Each time its, well I don't know when we will get it do you want to cancel your order? Lol Ummm what?. So this time they finally reimbursed my shipping price and said I can cancel it of I don't get it. So I said so you don't know when the company will ship to you? And they said nope. So here we are. I have to either cancel after waiting a month or stick it out and keep checking to see if they are actually gping to send me my stuff.

yurak1
2/17/16

I'm surprised they're associated with Nordstrom. This is so far from Nordstrom's stellar CS.

If you don't mind waiting 3~5 weeks for an order and having funds held up for the longest time only to be returned a month later, this is the site for you. The deals are indeed amazing and when things are going good, they will send you the "right" items within the time it allots itself (2~3weeks). But speaking from personal experience, bad experiences far outshone the good ones.

What grinds my gear the most: Hautelook will run out of inventory yet still allow people to purchase items.

The customer will receive a confirmation, and the email will dupe said customer to believe the items will be shipped. What will happen instead, is 3~5 weeks of complete nothing, with your funds still held up in the air. Customer will dutifully wait till the 3 week point and contact CS.
Hautelook CS will apologize, mentioning that inventory is most likely OOS -- BUT, if said customer is willing to wait a week, they will update customer. Otherwise they will refund you.

I know the prices are tempting, and if you really feel the brand, it might be worth a gamble.
But other than that, stay clear of Hautelook.

markd126
2/17/16

Constantly tried to get in touch with member care. Tried e-mailing them, messaging them on twitter, instagram, and facebook and still nothing. FYI I placed my order a month ago. Hautelook "member care" is a $#*!ing joke. Go $#*! yourselves.

kaylap14
2/12/16

I will never order from you here again. I ordered something three-four weeks weeks ago and I'm trying to get into contact with someone and it's like mission impossible. First, they never update me on orders. Second, when I call the customer care number no one answers. I called 3 times and waited for someone to answer for an hour each time! I've send over 5 emails trying to get into contact with someone and still nothing. All that was said in the email is to call the number I've been calling that no one answers. To me that's horrible customers service.

bitay
2/11/16

I placed an order January 1 for a Morphe brushes eyeshadow palette and a Billion Dollar Brows Eyebrow pencil. I figured since HauteLook is a Nordstorm company, it must be good, but I was so wrong. It took well over a month for my Morphe palette to arrive, and I had to continually remind them to send me my product. Contacting and trying to hear from customer service is a NIGHTMARE! Thankfully, after a month (over 3 weeks) of waiting, they sent me the correct Morphe palette unharmed. However, my Billion Dollar Brows product never came. They sent me the wrong product. After waiting over a month, I was so disappointed. I contacted them and they said they would refund me. I will be checking with my bank to make sure because I don't trust this site. I wish I had read reviews before shopping on HauteLook. I'd rather pay full price for products instead of ordering from this awful website! Don't use HauteLook! People who do recommend it, are only trying to get money for the site because if you invite a friend to HauteLook, the site gives you credit on purchases. Don't make my mistake! Avoid this HauteLook at all costs!

baileym33
2/10/16

I ordered an item more than a month ago and it has still not been shipped yet. don't shop here.

andreaf37
2/9/16

Who would have know that such a well known company have such a bad reputation!!! I should have done my research before spent more than $100 for nothing!!! I placed my ordered more than a month ago and received a confirmation email, thinking that my order is secure. But more than a month have past and still no email regarding the shipping! Emailed them a dozen times and all I got is the auto reply saying that they will Ensure their so called member care will response to me within 24-48 hours! I don't want to call coz it will waste my $$ as I'm from Asian countries!!

151 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HauteLook staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question