Review of HauteLook

Tel: 1-888-547-8438
membercare@hautelook.com

marilynr34
12/5/17

They took my order, charged my credit card immediately, said order would come 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks I contacted them, they said would ship any day now, waited called again the next week, and the next and the next - after 6 weeks, they cancelled the order. Never notified me - never said anything! Disgusting and unprofessional!

hanhn2
11/19/17

I ordered the facial cream from this website which came long expired based on the color and smell. I sent out the request and received no response (even with the acknowledgement that they received my email). Then, I had to contact a person who was helpful but he had no authority to solve the problem and had to forward my claim to others. Then, the matter became silent again.
That is very irresponsible and unrespectable attitude to the customer. Stay away from buying the cosmetic product from it as you cannot use it unless you want to damage your skin with the expired cream/lotion.

ks258
10/25/17

Ive had so much problems with hautelookover the years. Every time I have big orders. Hautelook always seems to forget 1-2 items in my order. Every time I called them or email them about my missing item(s). They always make me feel like I am lying to them. I am so frustrated with hautelook right now. On my last order with them before I closed my account and told myself I will never buy anything from hautelook again. On September 12, 2017, after several email back and forth. I ended up a Marc Jacobs bag less and never got a refund. I spoke to supervisor Jennifer and she said in my record it showed I had to many claims and she will not authorize my refund. I am so piss off and can not do anything about it. Hautelook never responded back to my last email. In the end I closed my account with them and loss $100(+) dollar. Bag less too.

andreaa71
8/22/17

I ordered my stuff a month ago. They cancelled my order a month after they took the money out of my account. Now they have refunded me half the money and cancelled my whole order without notice. If you are going to over sell you should notify your customers and refund all of the money. Do not order from them.

litom1
7/15/17

I purchased a pair of sneakers on this website and chose PayPal for my payment. I was surprised that when I checked my bank account, it charged the amount of my purchase into my checking account instead of my PayPal credit. I called Nordstroms which is the owner of the website and the customer service informed me that they don't use PayPal credit and that choosing PayPal for payment will automatically charge the account that it's linked to. Now my Paypal is linked to me checking account and I didn't intend to pay using that account. I wanted to use Paypal to defer the payment and be billed later. I ended up with overdraft charges because of the transaction . Nordstrom should have put a disclosure in the website that they do not use Paypal credit. My argument is, if my intention is to use my checking account why would I use a third party as conduit. I think they are being deceptive and also misleading consumers by using Paypal as method of payment just to ride in to the popularity of it and to drum up their dying business. I also encountered very condescending Nordstroms customer service personnel during the dispute. Beware of Hautelook.com website.

miay2
4/5/17

Hautelook uses deceptive pricing to entice their customers. During today's Morphe event, Hautelook claimed Morphe pallets originally compare at $39.99-44.99 when you can buy these exact same palettes on Morphe's website for $19.99-22.99. Hautelook claims it uses these inflated compare at prices from Morphe product pricing at boutiques or department stores when Hautelook should be looking to the prevailing price of these items, which would most certainly be the pricing from Morphe's own website. There's a huge difference in telling customers they are (falsely) saving $24.99 when they are really only saving $5.99 based off of the company's own website's pricing.

sc2140
2/27/17

What's terrible about this site is the prices change very often so chances are great after you make a purchase 2-3 days later the price will be lowered and they won't give you the difference. You have to return it first then repurchase it at the lower price. paying again for shipping. That's just too much work.

jenns41
2/21/17

I've been a Nordstrom customer since 1990. Hautelook is horrible at customer service as you nervously look at your "order status", right!! I've had over 13 cancelled orders and they could care LESS! I even waited months between orders, and my first order-after a month I saw the RED CANCELLED under the item. Lame! Try GILT, they have excellent customer service and lovely items- goodbye HL!

bevw13
2/12/17

Purchased a dress that arrived in time for Christmas. It didn't fit. Requested a return that cost about $30 but worth it for a $300 dress. Took it to the post on January 3rd. Heard nothing for over a month. It still hasn't been processed and it is February 13. They should return your money faster than that. That should be disclosed during the purchase and returns process.

erinp37
1/11/17

I ordered a crown brush eyeshadow palette from hautelook back in November as a Christmas gift for my sister. The palette arrived, broken, around the 9th of December. I was extremely upset because the item was completely bubbled wrapped and there was no damage to the box which means the item was packaged broken. I immediately contacted hautelook, and spoke to Amy Piliposian, about the damaged item. I sent her pictures of the item and was told I was eligible to get a refund because hautelook sent me a damaged item. She told me that someone would reach out to me via email within 15-21 days of her sending in my claim. That was in December 10th... it is now January 11th and I have yet to hear anything from anyone from hautelook. I am very unsatisfied with the hautelook and their customer service. This issue should have been resolved in a timely manner as it should not take this long to not only refund a customer the money they paid for an item that was shipped to them broken but to be in contact with the customer so that they know the company cares about their consumers. I have sent another emails to Amy explaining my frustration and I am waiting for a response. Hopefully this time we can resolve the issue in a timely and more professional manner.

ritar23
12/13/16

After two weeks of ordering a bunch of shirts from haute look I did t get an email or anything except the confirmation one I look at it and one of the favorite shirts said returned I call them only to find out that oh they didn't have enough to send me one!!! Seriously? The a few days later I get an email stating that they ran out of another item such a disappointment I was so excited especially for the two items that they ran out of oh and I was supposed to get a refund to my account for the "canceled" items still nothing yet! This is so not Nordstrom like it's ruining their reputation

lanl7
12/12/16

I have been a loyal customer for a very long time; however, their service is no longer as good as they used to be. It is time to STOP SHOPPING AT THEIR SITE. THEY ARE HORRIBLE NOW. There are countless time their merchandises do not arrive, orders are cancelled without notifications unless your credit card company inform you of the refunds, their customer service ignore you, ect.

johnm927
11/21/16

When both items were cancelled due to incorrect inventories I cant help but believe that the Internet retailer, or their supplier, is either (1) playing games, or (2) doesnt really have control of their business.

In any event, charging me at time of ordering, holding my funds for three weeks, before advising of a cannot ship position, is completely contrary to the reputation Nordstrom has sought to develop and maintain.

Perhaps you should consider charging at shipment, instead of order for Tumi items only (if theyre at fault) or for all items if its Nordstrom that has inventory management issues.

holly524
11/3/16

I waited a month for my coat to ship even though shipping estimate was 7-10 days and then they just sent an email a month later saying they had lower inventory than they thought. It's bad enough to underestimate shipping by almost a whole month, but underestimating inventory on top of that and not at least giving me some kind of incentive to keep shopping with them is just dumb.

andrewn41
10/31/16

I LOVED HauteLook (notice the past tense). They were a true arm of Nordstrom both in merchandise and service. But in the past couple months ALL of my orders have been delayed, there is zero way to get in contact with a customer service rep (you can't email them and if you call you have to CONSTANTLY press #2 when prompted or it will hang up. Voicemails were never returned), and I am finished with this company. Whatever the hell they changed, they messed up big time. I know I may have the biased opinion of a loyal Nordstrom customer but this is beyond bad. I won't be shopping there anymore.

sarap63
10/31/16

They can't overcome some upgrade and can't seem to ship anything in a timely manner, or have the customer service to fix any thing either. Ordered $500 worth of shoes, 10 days ago, and they don't know when they are going to ship, or if they're around anymore. WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. Not very Nordstrom at all. What a joke. Zero star rating.

devoral
10/27/16

I have been a customer of Hautelook for many years. Something has happened to their company that has adversely affected their ability to meet customers needs.
Out of the last 4 orders I have placed there , only one has been delivered. Two are in some limbo as I kep getting emails spologizing for the delay but offering no explanation. The 4th was just cancelled after having to wait for a delayed delivery. The reason? They miscalculated their inventory. I could ave gotten this merchandise for a little more and have had it by now. I am pretty screwed about not having boots for an event for this week end!!
I, for one, will no longer be doing business with this company. There are many other discounted online places to shop.

tammyw35
10/13/16

Great products at great discounts and prices.

mercedesc
9/27/16

I order some eye shadows for my niece a birthday present August 18 today date is sep 28 lol now tell me why it takes so long I call customer service n they won't help you at all asked to talk to superior n they have to send a message for 48 hours never again and still waiting the worst experience site not happy at all

janets87
7/25/16

The quality of some of the merchandise is horrendous. Some of the stuff looks like it has been sitting in their warehouse under a pile of garbage for years. And...the customer service leaves much to be desired. I'm now waiting on the phone for 48 minutes to speak with a supervisor over a $10 credit. They keep emailing me to say that they are not receiving my emails-so how do they know that i am emailing them? I don't think I will shop here again.

carlotar1
7/19/16

I bought through Hatelook, a 7 Mankind Jeans and an italian handbag, both deliveries were planned for 2-3 weeks after the ebent closed. I accepted the delivery date, paid and waited long 3 weeks, finally I received an email for my jean delivery on the way and told me the handbag would be delivered separated. I received my jean in a wrong size and an email telling me sorry but they would cancel the handbag order due to short inventory. What?!!?!?! I checked the website and for my surprise they opened again the same event with italian handbags, very unreliable and this website pkays with false advertisement. I'm not gping to buy here again

jessical134
6/2/16

I loved hautelook and I wish I didn't have to say this but this is strike number 2! I've ordered an item and thy sent me the wrong size. Now they tell me sorry and there's nothing they can do about it. Horrible consideration for their customers. Can't believe they can't accommodate for their own mistakes. Not fair to get excited about a purchase and after a mistake on their end I'm left without the ability to receive the item I've purchased. Just horrible.

kanyaj
5/13/16

I wish I can give 0 star! I'm so disappointed in HauteLook, they use Nordstroms quality and credibility to sell crappy product to customer. I'm the same victim as Karen B. I really like "George Nelson" so I order 1 clock that show in the picture that have "George Nelson" name on the face of the clock. And order George Nelson Hang It Wall Coat Rack that show in the HauteLook web with many cute colors. The Clock arrive with no "George Nelson" name on the face of the clock, it is a totally fake one. The coat rack arrive as totally white color!!! totally not the one I order. Customer service are not helping much, I have live chat with them and have email them. I will never order with HauteLook again.

davidh235
5/6/16

HauteLook did a flash sale last month of jewelry. The sale indicated that merchandise would go out when the sale was completed. We were interested in a beautiful piece for Mother's Day. I actually contacted customer service to define where to ship it and to make sure we would get the piece in time. The rep said that would happen. Today - Friday - it is still not here. USPS has a tracking system that indicates it should have been received yesterday but now updates. In reaching out to customer service at HauteLook the rep simply stated that USPS had eight days to deliver the package. She didn't seem the least bit concerned that I had called before to make an informed decision.

Today, I reached the conclusion after many interactions with HauteLook that they are primarily interested in selling as much merchandise as possible and have little, if any concern about customers needs. Getting inexpensive luxury merchandise for myself is one thing. Getting a gift for a loved one? If they can't fulfill the expectation, tell us.

karenb200
5/3/16

The description specifically said, "George Nelson Walnut Atomic Clock." It was inexpensive and a final sale. When the order confirmation came through it said - Control Brand, George Nelson 1820 Walnut Atomic Clock." I didn't realized I'd been duped, until I received the package today - from Amazon! It's a Telechron imitation.
I will not be ordering from this company ever again and am truly dissappionted in Nordstroms and am likely going to stop doing business with them as well.

151 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Try to obtain as much information as you can about the model and make of the watch. This also includes pictures. Look for the serial # and other things such as the setting, dial, band, etc to see if it's correct. Make sure you can return the item if your not satisfied before you commit to buying. Also have a reputable Certified Rolex dealer look at the watch if you do choose to buy. You can have papers reissued if the watch is authentic. I hope this helps.

By Kelly M.

Questions? Get answers from the HauteLook staff and other customers.

HauteLook?