Review of GoodRx

USA
Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

adamc127
8/4/17

Goodrx is fantastic. Countless times goodrx has been much cheaper than what my insurance covers, sometimes even by $50 for a single prescription. I don't remember how I stumbled upon it but I'm glad I did.

adamb184
8/2/17

It's finding free money. I was prepared to pay over $50 to $60 for a month's supply. Using the coupon at my local CVS I paid less than $35 for the same amount. I received a 34% savings through very little effort. CVS took the GoodRX coupon no problem at all. Pharmacist entered the coupon into the system in a matter of seconds and done- savings. Now its in the system for the refills. It cost nothing to try this and I received the quoted amount on the website. I recommend you try this to save you money. Why not? it costs you nothing to try.

cynthiam121
7/25/17

I've tried this at all the pharmacies in my area that they say will work. Nope, NONE of them will take it. Ridiculous. Try BlinkHealth instead, it works.

hopej7
7/23/17

My husband just went to Walgreens to pick up my estrogen pill. I always pay $109 every month. He told the pharmacist it cost too much and she told him to check out GoodRX on his phone. He typed in the name and she took the coupon, no problem. It only cost $39! I'm sending him to the pharmacy from now on.

lucindaa1
7/22/17

I was checking for coupons on estrogen Rx called yuvafem. Good Rx e mailed me this info: Yuvafem 10mcg 8 tablets
Discounted price with this coupon: $71.07
Redeem this coupon at: Walgreens
That included whatever my insurance would pay.
Really??? 8 generic tablets. Who buys 8 estrogen tablets?? so would 32 tablets cost $284 ??
My local pharmacy sold me a 30 day supply for $40. No coupon. The name brand vagifem was even cheaper than $284.
Am glad someone was helped by this company. For the majority. ...its a waste if time.

brenb2
7/22/17

On Friday, my Vet called a prescription in to local Fry's with a GoodRX coupon. . and emailed the same coupon to me. Saturday am I go to Fry's, but the coupon will not work. Pharmacy tried to get customer service . . no luck . . I called and tried to get customer service . . no luck. Phone numbers on the coupon go to Inside RX (for humans). . Customer Service with Inside RX said I should go back home, get a new account, process a new coupon, then drive back to town to see if that coupon would work. I don't think so!!!

theresae9
7/6/17

I had no insurance at the time when I found GoodRx online. I take many that I could not afford at the time. I'm diabetic and have heart issues. I have recommended to all of the receptions and doctors that I see that they tell uninsured patients about GoodRx, they were my lifesaver for sure!!

grantp14
7/4/17

The first thing I must mention is that pharmacists aren't required to accept it, especially on a controlled substance etc unless you've gone to that same pharmacy for 20 years. It has helped a lot on little things for us, $20 here and there adds up.

markr265
6/30/17

Buprenorphine 8 mg 60 count for $106 at Kroger. Sublingual pill is much smaller than the generic at Walmart but has same potency. Thanks for being out of stock Walmart. FYI: a review is worthless if you dont give the name of the store.

waynel54
6/27/17

Pharmacies do not like using the GoodRx card very much. Better to go with a more reputable card that has been around for a while,such as UNA, or California RX card if in CA. Pharmacist i spoke with is it is their prefered card and easiest to use. They just ran or up on the spot with a number the pharmacy already had, and all i had to do is ask if they could help with price. Saved around 50% this time, and have higher and lower savings other time with it. Looked then up online and you can print a card, and look up pricing, without giving personal info.

harveyr25
6/27/17

You'll never see goodRX admit they're wrong. Fact Wal-Mart and Sam's Club don't except goodrx coupons even though goodrx claims they have contracts with them. Goodrx can't guarantee their coupons no matter how much they say it. Kroger also is a toss up with goodrx, I'm proof of that. Goodrx tells you to contact them about difference in pricing! I have twice and absolutely nothing happens. Folks before wasting your time and gas always call pharmacy first. GoodRX is not as easy as they lead on and they have NO power to make pharmacy's except their coupons. None

rainep
6/14/17

I don't understand why other people put a comment here and said that its a scam. Today, June 14,2017, I used there discount.At first i'm scared to use it, coz i don't know if it works. I need to buy a cream that cost me $698 coz i don't have an insurance and because i used good rx, i only paid $50!!! OMG! Thank you so much GOOD RX.

marryl9
6/14/17

I have a discount card and it states on the card check goodrx.com to find the lowest prices. So I went to the goodrx website and check my prescription and it said on the website $179 at Costco for Lovaza 1mg 360 pills.
When I went to the pharmacy I got charged 672 or something. I was baffled!! There had to be a mistake. I had the pharmacy call the # that is listed on my card and they were no help at all! So I called goodrx directly and they explained to me something about cards and coupons. My point is why do you tell us to check the prices on the card if that's not the price that's very confusing and misleading.

robins186
6/7/17

I looked up reviews of goodrx before trying them out, and wanted to post a review after trying them yesterday. I ended up signing up for gold since I'm between insurance for a few months and it looked like better discounts. The rep at Jewel-Osco knew what it was and they had no problem setting me up. I got a one month supply of generics - wellbutrin and zoloft for $25! (I'd priced them out on walgreens website and they would've been about $150 out of pocket). Highly recommend the gold, and going with one of the pharmacies they list.

nicolel88
6/3/17

I tried it today for the first time at Walgreens and saved $90 on a monthly rx! I don't understand why the bad reviews if it cost more to use the discount just tell the pharmacy you don't want the goodrx discount and they'll charge you under the plan that's cheaper for you!

janec114
6/1/17

Yesterday Walmart did not honor the price shown for my medication on the GoodRx App. I called GoodRx and explained the discrepancy in price. I was charged $85.08 for the medication when the GoodRx coupon showed the cost should be $78.21. The representative from GoodRx said GoodRx no longer has a contract with Walmart so Walmart does not have to honor the price displayed on the GoodRx App. I suggested they remove Walmart from their list of pharmacies, but he representative said they get a lot of business from Walmart - not a good reason in my opinion. GoodRx earns a transaction fee whether or not Walmart honors the price quote. Singlecare.com offers a better discount. I suggest those using GoodRx also check Singlecare.com. You will need to print a pharmacy card from the website. They offer a much better discount at all pharmacies. GoodRx is a marketing company and earns a transaction fee when you use their coupon to purchase your medication. Shame on GoodRx for continuing to list pharmacy quotes while not requiring the pharmacy to honor the quote. The pharmacy should be removed, but GoodRx is greedy like most businesses and doesn't want to miss out on a buck. BUYER BEWARE! Try singlecare.com next time and see if you get a better discount.

Tip for consumers: Call the pharmacy before ordering your prescription to confirm they will honor the price shown on Goodrx

msp7
5/27/17

Sadly, had to rewrite my review!! But I'm going to rewrite it, for the simple fact the "GoodRx Representative" was really rude under my last review! Just because I'm being very honest about my mother experience, with the site concerning her "high blood pressure medication"... Everyone isn't going to have a success through them, and why get mad over that? It is what it is really. My mother pays a good amount for her high blood pressure medication, and it seems the price goes up a few months! Especially, when it's time to do a refill on her medication, she's paying a different price for them each time. She wanted to get at least a discount, so I'd mention to her GoodRx, didn't bother to check out reviews good/bad at all, I was going by the commercial on tv instead. Went to the site and put in her Rx brand for her high blood pressure medication. She get's 30 tablets that lasts her a month, and the price that was on GoodRx for that particular pill, was way higher than what she already pays now (at the time)! It wasn't a discount at all, the cheapest or close to being less pricey, was over 30 tablets and she didn't need over 30! Her Rx is for 30 tablets a month from her doctor. I was disappointed and had to let her know, that she'll be coming more out of pocket, using GoodRx! Eventually, she had to change her high blood pressure medication, to something she could pretty much afford! Which was to go for the less generic brand, instead of the actual brand pill. Luckily I'd given it a 1 star, I don't appreciate nobody, telling me what my mother has gotten. If her high blood pressure medication was less expensive, I'd wouldn't of mention GoodRx to her, for her to check out! And she wouldn't need to go through GoodRx, to get a discount if her medication was less expensive... Wouldn't make sense to attempt a discount, if the Rx that you need is less expensive! And also what you can truly afford. If this would of worked for her, I'd wouldn't had no problem giving the company 5 stars.. But this didn't work and it was more disappointing, to know GoodRx really didn't give her a good deal/discount, on the medication she needed.. That was way too pricey for her to afford. In ways it's very misleading.. But hey, if it works for others great! It just didn't do nothing for my mother..

Anyway... Only thing that isn't pricey about GoodRx, is the Rx for animals surprisingly it's less cheaper, to get a discount for my dogs Rx's through them. Instead of going through the vet! Far as Rx's for your own needs, it was just a little too pricey for my mother to use! Just didn't work for her, and that's our opinion/experience.

pointt
5/25/17

My prescription, no insurance, went up from $37 to $171.50 OVERNIGHT. When I asked Kroger pharmacist why, he just about laughed in my face and said I could check goodrx for a better price! Well, Kroger had a better price until KROGER started checking goodrx to be CERTAIN Kroger didn't change too little.... Same stuff was $26 in 12/16, went to $37 in 1/17 - always expect a price hike at first of year - then $37 in April, then $171.50 the next refill in April when they pretty much stated outright their price went up due to desire to match the "lowest" price on goodrx. Goodrx caused my prescription to become out of reach for me on required medication. I will have to do without because I need to eat and have gas for car, and pay taxes... Won't be good for me and there are NO alternative products that work, so tough for me I guess while Kroger rips everyone willing to do without food off to raise there profits.

phylw
5/23/17

walmart takes coupon fron good rx at their discretion but this is not on coupon just says
no discount for pets. good rx sucks. wanted $60.00 had a coupon for 35.00. Talked with customer service all they dud was make excuses wasted 22 minutes in phone offered nothing.

harietn
5/20/17

We have a large dog with congestive heart failure who requires several expensive drugs. GoodRx was a lifesaver for him. Drugs that are $80 I got at $15. Kroger took the coupon for a canine but Walmart won't so I guess I'll be moving my prescriptions to Kroger.

debim10
5/17/17

Last month paid $55.00 for prescription, went back to CVS to refill and price now is 164.00 and some change. What, that only allow one time use per card.

leslieg47
5/16/17

Absolute CRAP. Don't waste your time. It is better to approach pharmacist and tell them you have no insurance. Ask if they can apply any discount coupons for you. Usually they are very nice about it and get better prices than goodrx anyway.

anac65
5/16/17

I am a tourist in the US, got a really bad rash on my skin, nothing OTC worked so I when to a clinic and paid 82 bucks for someone to give me a prescription for Nystatin and triciamcilonone (?) that costed (out of pocket) $300.

I wanted to die.

I googled online to see if I could find a better price and found this, decided to give it a shot.

I went to another pharmacy, a Walmart one, and the cream costed $150, but with the coupon it went down to $67, they didnt have any problem to accept the coupon or anything.

the ONLY con I have to say is that even though the coupon said the cream will end up costing around $48 it ended up being $67, but hey, for a cream that costs $300 a 15mg tube I seriously think I can't argue here, and I didnt have to pay or subscribe or anything.

Please, give it a shot, it might help someone who's desperate.

-en espanol-

Estoy de turista aca en USA y me salio un sarpullido terrible y ninguna crema de la farmacia funcionaba, asi que fui a clinica y pague $82 para que me dieran un recipe de Nystatin con triamclonona (?) que cuesta $300.

Busque en internet a ver si habia un mejor precio y encontre estos cupones, pregunte en otra farmacia Walmart y la misma crema costaba $150, pero con el cupon termino costando $67, no me tuve que suscribir a nada ni pagar nada, y me aceptaron el cupon sin problemas.

Estos cupones de verdad ayudan a alguien que esta en una situacion dificil, aunque a veces no digan el precio que muestran en el cupon (mi medicina decia que quedaba en $48 pero termino siendo $67), es mejor que no comprar nada.

Espero le sea util a alguien mi resena.

suzieq6
5/10/17

printed / took alleged goodrx.com coupon card w/ prescription to Walmart

pharmacist nearly laughed me out of the store; said they would never even CONSIDER honoring

appears to be scam to make/sell email addresses of vulnerable to ??? who ??
pharnaceuticals ??
insurance companies ??

think twice before giving up your personal info to this website

donnab191
5/10/17

Same as low ratings users describe...Filled prescriptions at Kroger on several occasions using GoodRx coupons. Most of the time price was as quoted, then suddenly the price was doubled. Just yesterday, this happened again. $20 last month, $40 this month. Krogers response? "Prices vary". SOS. That wonderful American creed: Get yours no matter what, and stick to whoever you can. Greed, greed, greed. Thanks to Kroger, GoodRx, thieving insurance companies, and pharmaceutical companys most of all, I get to suffer sudden withdrawals from an antidepressant now, which as I've read are quite severe. So glad all these folks really give a #!@$& about our health.

Helpful answer

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 5/24/16
Helpful answer

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 1/24/16
Helpful answer

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 11/15/15
Helpful answer

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 5/23/15
Helpful answer

Please email customer service at help@goodrx.com for more assistance with this question.

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 11/7/16
Helpful answer

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 3/13/17
Helpful answer

Our price is closer to $17 - see here: https://www.goodrx.com/potassium-chloride-er?drug-name=potassium+chloride+er

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 3/3/17
Helpful answer

We want to help - Please direct your question to help@goodrx.com. Thanks.

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 2/7/17
Helpful answer

Please direct your question to help@goodrx.com. Thanks.

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 2/6/17
Helpful answer

Please direct your question to help@goodrx.com. Thanks.

By GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep] on 2/6/17
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

GoodRx?