US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alanp44

Went to cvs at first I had another discount card they told me with card would cost 72.00. (in 9 reviews)

sherrik1

I just used this for a prescription at the Walmart pharmacy. (in 5 reviews)

ervins16

Since I do not have prescription coverage, called CVS for Flomax (generic) and they wanted $99+. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

sharryln
7/22/16

About 4/5 months ago I took the GoodRX discount card to Sam's Club and was informed at the time that they were no longer accepting ANY discount card programs that they were having issues with not receiving reimbursement from these plans. The pharmacist said that they still have to pay the price that they are charged to order the medication that they do not "negotiate" on a price, especially that has anything to do with working with the discount programs. I used Blink Health today, which you pay for online prior to going to get your meds. They honored the card today only because I had prepaid but was again informed that the Board for Sams and Walmart are adamant about them using discount script programs from anyone. They will match and beat prices from their competitors but that is the only time that they will give any discounts.

darcio
7/21/16

I have never used GoodRx before & was excited to save over $60/ month when I found a prescription at Safeway advertised for $34 (I've been ordering from Canada). I didn't call before I went (and don't shop at Safeway normally)but the pharmacist said their price was over $200 so she couldn't sell it to me for the GoodRx advertised price they'd lose money. When I called GoodRx I was told the prices shown were only estimates & do not have to be honored by the pharmacy & to call around to see if I could find a place to honor the estimated price GoodRx shows. I feel this is false advertising - if you don't know for sure that a pharmacy will sell meds at that price - don't advertise it, very misleading. Also, like I have nothing better to do than call all over town. I have not called around yet but when I get time I may try - still very irritating!

jdj4
7/21/16

Used the printed out coupon at our local Walgreen and ot worked flawlessly!! Thanks so much GoodRX.com!! with out this coupon our prescription for a 90 supply would have bee $500, with Good RX it was $32. Will be sure to use again and share with friends and family.
JD
DFW

bettyr20
7/19/16

suprising to know i could get some of the meds i have been paying higher prices for until i went to selected pharmacy which was walmart in my town and was told they do not accept the good rx which was a pharmacy listed am totally shocked.after reading some of the reviews they are basically saying the same things no acceptance..what a joke

johnp402
7/9/16

Took my prescription for 100 nitroglycerin, .4 Mg tablets to Walgreen's with my GoodRX card. The pharmacist checked and said the GoodRX price of $ 12.91 was good. When I went to pay, she said the price was $ 28.29. Since this was less expensive than using my insurance, I paid it. When I got home, I found that the pharmacist had split the script into four parts with each costing $28.29. Needless to say, I will never patronize Walgreen's again.
John Pfouts

jims200
7/5/16

I asked Publix and Walmart about GoodRx and they said that GoodRx won't reimburse them.

linnieh
7/5/16

I recently got a prescription from Walgreens using a good rx coupon and on the website it states one from of the prescription with something added is 60 some dollars and one with out it is 40 some dollars. Walgreens is charging me the price of the prescription with sometsomething added instead of the price of the other one with nothing added. When I called Walgreens to find out why they stated that good rd doesn't know their prices and that they were wrong. At this point in time I don't really care about the 20.00 dollar difference it is the point don't put something out there that lies

robertn93
7/3/16

I used good rx coupon for the first time today and it worked great. After the Meijer pharmacy ran coupon thru it came up about three dollars cheaper than expected. This site save me almost $ 80.00 over what I was going to have to pay thru mail order with my insurance.I will defiantly check this site before fill any rx.

reginar17
6/21/16

I totally expected to run into issues using the GoodRx card at Walmart. Instead they accepted it with no problem and the cost of my prescription went from $217 to $55!!
I definitely recommend GoodRx and will use it again.

debraf28
6/17/16

Not working at Walmart any longer, and when I called Good RX they said Walmart has their own discount and are the only Pharmacy that can deny anotherdiscount card .This is not true on many levels and Good Rx offered me no help at all.. I cannot afford the high prices they sometimes charge for my blood pressure meds and the price fluxuations are maddening... And most of the time unaffordable for low income people like myself.. Walmart was down right liars and Good RX gave me no help when I called.

rayw43
6/16/16

Filled 2 prescriptions at CVS for Nadolol using GoodRX coupons, saving hundreds of dollars. Have not yet tried using the GoodRX card.

Tip for consumers: To get best deal need to consider using half tablet (40 mg from an 80 mg prescription) and checking different quantities (30, 60, etc.) The best deal changes over time, fortunately my doctor is a cheap-skate too and will rewrite the prescription to save the most money.

julieg82
6/14/16

COUPON SCAM!!!

I went to Walmart with a GoodRX Nadolol 40mg coupon that I printed off their website. Walmart ran it through GoodRx and it was rejected.
DON'T use this site, it is a scam.
I think GoodRX only wants us to use their mail-order so they can profit.

janetb79
6/13/16

I have used GoodRx for over a year now & it has saved me a bundle on a very expensive medication which would have cost $500 for a 3 month supply at Rite-Aide with my insurance card (I have a high deductible). With Good Rx it dropped down to $270 for 3 month supply (out of pocket expense) at Rite Aide, & Wallmart was even cheaper at $210 for my 3 month supply. Both pharmacies honor it. CVS tried to give me a hard time with a much cheaper medication for my son, but she was a clerk, not the pharmacist & did not know what she was talking about. I had to speak with her manager. Also, if you sign up for the emails, GoodRx will notify you when the price for your prescription has changed, so you can constantly compare pharmacies. Can't do better than that!

rl58
6/11/16

I use Good RX every month for several meds including pain medication. My Walmart requires that I have a new, current discount each time I fill. I always text it to myself and then show them my phone. This month I checked pricing and while Walmart and Sam's Club displayed a price, it was grayed out and the price shown was equal to the normal Walmart cash price.Does this mean Walmart and Sam's Club no longer participate in Good RX ? Is this only on CII drugs or is it all drugs?

valeriej24
6/9/16

I don't look for coupons don't use them. I had three prescriptions I needed filled. All three was 64.00. I usually pay over $100 at Walmart. I called Kroger and one script was $300. I'm grateful for this goodrx.com. Thank you

rogerm85
6/8/16

I first heard of www.goodrx.com from my Dr. when she told me I needed medication for pneumonia. I chose the Walmart closest to home , she printed out the discount coupon, and I went to the Walmart pharmacy for the first time. When I got there they told me that these coupons aren't all that great they don't work well, and they don't make much difference, blah, blah, blah... I told him we just printed this page out at my Dr's office within an hour. The pharmacist just argued and said," it doesn't make much difference., they're not good discounts, . .". What happened there was my first visit to a Walmart pharmacy cost me 25% more than it should have, a call to the www.goodrx.com customer service , and another trip from the boonies back into town to clear this up. The customer service at wwwgoodrx.com seemed fine. They told me they have a contract with Walmart and that they are obligated to give the discount and will honor their discount program but I had to go back with my receipt and coupon page that my Dr. printed out for me. This is just another example of the many ways Walmart will take advantage of people and rip them off in every way that they can. I will not be back to their pharmacy for any reason. There are plenty of other more legitimate businesses around.

alans103
6/8/16

Searched and printed current coupon for 9 pills sumatriptan 100mg tab for zip 33334 for cvs...price 25.06. (Not even the cheapest price by the way). I saw the disclaimer so was prepared for a possible price difference but not the 122.00 actual price when called the 888 277-3911 customer help number printed on coupon was given spiel and price not guaranteed and when challenged the huge difference they said I called the wrong number and was transferred to 866 451 9636 who said not connected to goodrx and transferred me to another company rxcard. No one could explain to me why I kept getting transferred or why the drastic difference in pricing. Unbelievable

colleenq
6/7/16

Wonderful company - so far so good and savings are great.

tonif12
6/5/16

I have only gotten one med using GoodRx but am so thankful I found them online. My HMO stopped covering Lidocaine patches that I need for pain problems. Their cost was to be over $200 a box of 30, after being $20 when they covered it. I actually paid it twice and then found GoodRX. First used it at Walgreens and cut the cost to $112 a box. I was thrilled. Then saw that Walmart cost was $63 a box. I had my prescription transferred to Walmart and ordered TWO boxes. Know $63 sounds like a lot but when my HMO wants over $200, and Walmart is less than 1/2 of Walgreens with the GoodRx coupon. I'm thrilled.

barbs30
6/4/16

I went to my pharmacy to pick up an antibiotic. With my insurance, the cost was $26. With the GoodRx app coupon, my cost was only $11. And it was so easy to use. My pharmacist thought it was great!

tonyr71
5/29/16

Purchased 60 tetracycline pills at CVS for $10.39 using GoodRX coupon. Better than paying $663.00 for 120 of the same pill without coupon. Hard to believe!!

harryj28
5/27/16

Just got back from the pharmacy. I took the print out of the price on the script, that I printed out yesterday, and the pharmacy said that the price was 3(tree) times as much. Called GoodRX on the spot and after holding for over 10 minutes on my cell - costing me minuites - GoodRX said that the pharmacy was correct since the dosage was different. This was for a colonoscopy prep. It's powder in a plastic bottle that is a standard.
In addition the pharmacy just flat lied and then made up a bunch of stuff to explain why what they supplied was not what the doctor ordered. If it's generic, fine, I get it, but part of the excuses they gave was that the price quoted from GoodRX was generic.

As an aside this was Wal-Mart - figures. It's also a bit disturbing to watch, while I was on hold, and see one of the pharmacy techs repeatedly stick her fingers in her mouth and then manually count out pills and put them in a bottle to fill a script.
************************************************************
Follow-up: It's interesting that a rebuttal shows up here on the site from GoodRX but you can't see my response to GoodRX with the specifics of what is wrong with their rebuttal. I can only respond to them with a private message.

It would appear that someone doesn't want the entire exchange to be seen!
***********************************************************

bethm70
5/23/16

I had their discount card for my pain medicine prescription because United Healthcare keeps refusing to cover my medicine. Well so does "Good" Rx. When I called, a very snotty woman gleefully told me they were allowed to discriminate against me by law. I hope with all of my being that this woman develops a chronic pin condition. GoodRx sucks!

stevenb139
5/23/16

I needed several kinds of eye drops for cataract surgery. I priced them at Wall-mart and they came to about $500. I heard about GoodRx and checked prices there. (Even Wal-mart was cheaper on GoodRx than what they had quoted me as a walk-in.) I found that a nearby Kroger was the cheapest, had the Dr. call in the prescriptions, and I printed out the GoodRx coupons. When I walked in I would have bet they would not work. BUT I was wrong. The store quickly and cheerfully took the coupons and the eye drops cost me only $380. That is still too much, but a huge savings. I am impressed!! I now have the Android AP also.

kevinf53
5/20/16

I started a new job and my health insurance hadn't kicked in yet. I went to pick up my wife's medication and the cost was $530. I never realized how much the out of pocket cost was because my old insurance covered it. I did some research and found goodrx. I thought it must be a scam but what would I have to lose? I didn't have to fill out any personal info and there didn't seem to be any catch. I gave the pharmacy the coupon and it brought the cost down to $40. I couldn't believe it. I'm totally blown away. Goodrx saved me $490!

84 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GoodRx staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 day ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
fucky51
A: The answer is the coupons are no good. They just harvest email addresses
5 days ago