Review of GoodRx

USA
Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

rainep
6/14/17

I don't understand why other people put a comment here and said that its a scam. Today, June 14,2017, I used there discount.At first i'm scared to use it, coz i don't know if it works. I need to buy a cream that cost me $698 coz i don't have an insurance and because i used good rx, i only paid $50!!! OMG! Thank you so much GOOD RX.

marryl9
6/14/17

I have a discount card and it states on the card check goodrx.com to find the lowest prices. So I went to the goodrx website and check my prescription and it said on the website $179 at Costco for Lovaza 1mg 360 pills.
When I went to the pharmacy I got charged 672 or something. I was baffled!! There had to be a mistake. I had the pharmacy call the # that is listed on my card and they were no help at all! So I called goodrx directly and they explained to me something about cards and coupons. My point is why do you tell us to check the prices on the card if that's not the price that's very confusing and misleading.

robins186
6/7/17

I looked up reviews of goodrx before trying them out, and wanted to post a review after trying them yesterday. I ended up signing up for gold since I'm between insurance for a few months and it looked like better discounts. The rep at Jewel-Osco knew what it was and they had no problem setting me up. I got a one month supply of generics - wellbutrin and zoloft for $25! (I'd priced them out on walgreens website and they would've been about $150 out of pocket). Highly recommend the gold, and going with one of the pharmacies they list.

nicolel88
6/3/17

I tried it today for the first time at Walgreens and saved $90 on a monthly rx! I don't understand why the bad reviews if it cost more to use the discount just tell the pharmacy you don't want the goodrx discount and they'll charge you under the plan that's cheaper for you!

janec114
6/1/17

Yesterday Walmart did not honor the price shown for my medication on the GoodRx App. I called GoodRx and explained the discrepancy in price. I was charged $85.08 for the medication when the GoodRx coupon showed the cost should be $78.21. The representative from GoodRx said GoodRx no longer has a contract with Walmart so Walmart does not have to honor the price displayed on the GoodRx App. I suggested they remove Walmart from their list of pharmacies, but he representative said they get a lot of business from Walmart - not a good reason in my opinion. GoodRx earns a transaction fee whether or not Walmart honors the price quote. Singlecare.com offers a better discount. I suggest those using GoodRx also check Singlecare.com. You will need to print a pharmacy card from the website. They offer a much better discount at all pharmacies. GoodRx is a marketing company and earns a transaction fee when you use their coupon to purchase your medication. Shame on GoodRx for continuing to list pharmacy quotes while not requiring the pharmacy to honor the quote. The pharmacy should be removed, but GoodRx is greedy like most businesses and doesn't want to miss out on a buck. BUYER BEWARE! Try singlecare.com next time and see if you get a better discount.

Tip for consumers: Call the pharmacy before ordering your prescription to confirm they will honor the price shown on Goodrx

msp7
5/27/17

Sadly, had to rewrite my review!! But I'm going to rewrite it, for the simple fact the "GoodRx Representative" was really rude under my last review! Just because I'm being very honest about my mother experience, with the site concerning her "high blood pressure medication"... Everyone isn't going to have a success through them, and why get mad over that? It is what it is really. My mother pays a good amount for her high blood pressure medication, and it seems the price goes up a few months! Especially, when it's time to do a refill on her medication, she's paying a different price for them each time. She wanted to get at least a discount, so I'd mention to her GoodRx, didn't bother to check out reviews good/bad at all, I was going by the commercial on tv instead. Went to the site and put in her Rx brand for her high blood pressure medication. She get's 30 tablets that lasts her a month, and the price that was on GoodRx for that particular pill, was way higher than what she already pays now (at the time)! It wasn't a discount at all, the cheapest or close to being less pricey, was over 30 tablets and she didn't need over 30! Her Rx is for 30 tablets a month from her doctor. I was disappointed and had to let her know, that she'll be coming more out of pocket, using GoodRx! Eventually, she had to change her high blood pressure medication, to something she could pretty much afford! Which was to go for the less generic brand, instead of the actual brand pill. Luckily I'd given it a 1 star, I don't appreciate nobody, telling me what my mother has gotten. If her high blood pressure medication was less expensive, I'd wouldn't of mention GoodRx to her, for her to check out! And she wouldn't need to go through GoodRx, to get a discount if her medication was less expensive... Wouldn't make sense to attempt a discount, if the Rx that you need is less expensive! And also what you can truly afford. If this would of worked for her, I'd wouldn't had no problem giving the company 5 stars.. But this didn't work and it was more disappointing, to know GoodRx really didn't give her a good deal/discount, on the medication she needed.. That was way too pricey for her to afford. In ways it's very misleading.. But hey, if it works for others great! It just didn't do nothing for my mother..

Anyway... Only thing that isn't pricey about GoodRx, is the Rx for animals surprisingly it's less cheaper, to get a discount for my dogs Rx's through them. Instead of going through the vet! Far as Rx's for your own needs, it was just a little too pricey for my mother to use! Just didn't work for her, and that's our opinion/experience.

pointt
5/25/17

My prescription, no insurance, went up from $37 to $171.50 OVERNIGHT. When I asked Kroger pharmacist why, he just about laughed in my face and said I could check goodrx for a better price! Well, Kroger had a better price until KROGER started checking goodrx to be CERTAIN Kroger didn't change too little.... Same stuff was $26 in 12/16, went to $37 in 1/17 - always expect a price hike at first of year - then $37 in April, then $171.50 the next refill in April when they pretty much stated outright their price went up due to desire to match the "lowest" price on goodrx. Goodrx caused my prescription to become out of reach for me on required medication. I will have to do without because I need to eat and have gas for car, and pay taxes... Won't be good for me and there are NO alternative products that work, so tough for me I guess while Kroger rips everyone willing to do without food off to raise there profits.

phylw
5/23/17

walmart takes coupon fron good rx at their discretion but this is not on coupon just says
no discount for pets. good rx sucks. wanted $60.00 had a coupon for 35.00. Talked with customer service all they dud was make excuses wasted 22 minutes in phone offered nothing.

harietn
5/20/17

We have a large dog with congestive heart failure who requires several expensive drugs. GoodRx was a lifesaver for him. Drugs that are $80 I got at $15. Kroger took the coupon for a canine but Walmart won't so I guess I'll be moving my prescriptions to Kroger.

debim10
5/17/17

Last month paid $55.00 for prescription, went back to CVS to refill and price now is 164.00 and some change. What, that only allow one time use per card.

leslieg47
5/16/17

Absolute CRAP. Don't waste your time. It is better to approach pharmacist and tell them you have no insurance. Ask if they can apply any discount coupons for you. Usually they are very nice about it and get better prices than goodrx anyway.

anac65
5/16/17

I am a tourist in the US, got a really bad rash on my skin, nothing OTC worked so I when to a clinic and paid 82 bucks for someone to give me a prescription for Nystatin and triciamcilonone (?) that costed (out of pocket) $300.

I wanted to die.

I googled online to see if I could find a better price and found this, decided to give it a shot.

I went to another pharmacy, a Walmart one, and the cream costed $150, but with the coupon it went down to $67, they didnt have any problem to accept the coupon or anything.

the ONLY con I have to say is that even though the coupon said the cream will end up costing around $48 it ended up being $67, but hey, for a cream that costs $300 a 15mg tube I seriously think I can't argue here, and I didnt have to pay or subscribe or anything.

Please, give it a shot, it might help someone who's desperate.

-en espanol-

Estoy de turista aca en USA y me salio un sarpullido terrible y ninguna crema de la farmacia funcionaba, asi que fui a clinica y pague $82 para que me dieran un recipe de Nystatin con triamclonona (?) que cuesta $300.

Busque en internet a ver si habia un mejor precio y encontre estos cupones, pregunte en otra farmacia Walmart y la misma crema costaba $150, pero con el cupon termino costando $67, no me tuve que suscribir a nada ni pagar nada, y me aceptaron el cupon sin problemas.

Estos cupones de verdad ayudan a alguien que esta en una situacion dificil, aunque a veces no digan el precio que muestran en el cupon (mi medicina decia que quedaba en $48 pero termino siendo $67), es mejor que no comprar nada.

Espero le sea util a alguien mi resena.

suzieq6
5/10/17

printed / took alleged goodrx.com coupon card w/ prescription to Walmart

pharmacist nearly laughed me out of the store; said they would never even CONSIDER honoring

appears to be scam to make/sell email addresses of vulnerable to ??? who ??
pharnaceuticals ??
insurance companies ??

think twice before giving up your personal info to this website

donnab191
5/10/17

Same as low ratings users describe...Filled prescriptions at Kroger on several occasions using GoodRx coupons. Most of the time price was as quoted, then suddenly the price was doubled. Just yesterday, this happened again. $20 last month, $40 this month. Krogers response? "Prices vary". SOS. That wonderful American creed: Get yours no matter what, and stick to whoever you can. Greed, greed, greed. Thanks to Kroger, GoodRx, thieving insurance companies, and pharmaceutical companys most of all, I get to suffer sudden withdrawals from an antidepressant now, which as I've read are quite severe. So glad all these folks really give a #!@$& about our health.

stephenl84
5/8/17

I went to my local CVS to fill my alprazolam (Xanax) and it was almost $70 dollars, but with the goodrx coupon, it should have come out to $33.47. Walgreen's no longer takes GoodRX for my amphetamine salt (generic) or Xanax. CVS wanted me to pay $175 for my Adderall, but with your free coupon it states "$140.57".

I had no problems in the past with GoodRX, must be new pharmacy rules

paulw229
5/3/17

Sticker shock for clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide gel for acne treatment: $424. That's the generic version, but Harken Health doesn't include on formulary. Found GoodRx coupon for $140 price on same drug, took it to Walkgreens and it worked! Thanks to GoodRx...and also thanks to Walgreen's for applying coupon AFTER the sale. Will recommend GoodRx to friends and family.

michaelc434
4/28/17

My doctor changed my prescription and my insurance company refused to pay for it. My prescription went from $368 at CVS to $42. I cannot thank this company enough!

bridgetj12
4/25/17

Walmart nor Kroger would except card to fill generic cortisporin ear drops.Goodrx said my price would be $22.81 but they wanted $49.50 at walmart and $52.50 at Kroger. What's going on?

jimr135
4/25/17

GoodRX has a Walgreens coupon for oseltamivir (generic Tamiflu) for $58.46. After speaking with GoodRX, I found that the coupon is current and valid. Walgreens said no such agreement exists. I foolishly paid $143.23 after a 40 minute wait. "Desperate people do desperate things", I am guilty as charged,
Called GoodRX, gave them my story. The lady called my Walgreens, whereby the pharmact agreed to refund the difference. WOW !!!

rebeccam144
4/14/17

I just used Good Rx for the first time. I was prescribed a medication that is not on my drug formulary. Originally, Walgreen's told me it would be $94 for a 10-day supply. I found the Good Rx coupon and I got the meds for $31 - no hassle, and what a savings

larainaw
4/6/17

My prescription was originally $250 with no insurance, then my insurance kicked in and it wasn't covered for some bizarre loop hole reason. I saw a Good RX commercial and decided to check it out. My life saving medication was only $55.

All I can say is thank you to the genius who figured this out and please keep up the good work to help the broken health care system in the US. Mahalo!

kathryna19
4/6/17

I thought good rx was the solution to high prescription cost but I guess I was wrong. I did save about $100 per month for about 3 months but now my prescription has doubled in price since last month. I guess It was too good to be true!

lisas401
3/29/17

Thanks to Good Rx I was able to save a tremendous amount of money on an expensive prescription. Thank You!!!!

patriciah139
3/26/17

I use goodrx at Walmart I checke every month to make sure it's still the same price or cheapest price. I have no insurance. I take 12 different medications. 5 are suppose to be paid by workers comp. if for some reason the prescription comes up different price, I show coupon and they run it back through. I've tried Walgreens once because it showed 1 of my expensive was cheaper there, they said they would have to run txt through so transferred it to Walgreens showed coupon and said they wouldn't accept it. So I transferred back to Walmart. I recently found cvs actually has 2 my RX's which I used coupons and they actually came out to be lower price than coupon as cash pay with no insurance. I don't know how I could afford all my medications without this app.

joshr62
3/18/17

Kroeger refused to honor the coupon and said that GoodRx just guesses at prices to post online. GoodRx was unhelpful and said the coupon didn't work because they were currently in the process of changing prices for all Kroeger stores in the area. It's 3 days later and the same false prices haven't changed at all. Waste of my time all around. I will try 1 more time at a different place and will change my rating here if things work out.

189 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GoodRx staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 2/6/17
on 2/6/17
on 11/7/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

GoodRx?