Review of GoodRx

help@goodrx.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

bridgetj12
4/25/17

Walmart nor Kroger would except card to fill generic cortisporin ear drops.Goodrx said my price would be $22.81 but they wanted $49.50 at walmart and $52.50 at Kroger. What's going on?

jimr135
4/25/17

GoodRX has a Walgreens coupon for oseltamivir (generic Tamiflu) for $58.46. After speaking with GoodRX, I found that the coupon is current and valid. Walgreens said no such agreement exists. I foolishly paid $143.23 after a 40 minute wait. "Desperate people do desperate things", I am guilty as charged,
Called GoodRX, gave them my story. The lady called my Walgreens, whereby the pharmact agreed to refund the difference. WOW !!!

rebeccam144
4/14/17

I just used Good Rx for the first time. I was prescribed a medication that is not on my drug formulary. Originally, Walgreen's told me it would be $94 for a 10-day supply. I found the Good Rx coupon and I got the meds for $31 - no hassle, and what a savings

larainaw
4/6/17

My prescription was originally $250 with no insurance, then my insurance kicked in and it wasn't covered for some bizarre loop hole reason. I saw a Good RX commercial and decided to check it out. My life saving medication was only $55.

All I can say is thank you to the genius who figured this out and please keep up the good work to help the broken health care system in the US. Mahalo!

kathryna19
4/6/17

I thought good rx was the solution to high prescription cost but I guess I was wrong. I did save about $100 per month for about 3 months but now my prescription has doubled in price since last month. I guess It was too good to be true!

lisas401
3/29/17

Thanks to Good Rx I was able to save a tremendous amount of money on an expensive prescription. Thank You!!!!

patriciah139
3/26/17

I use goodrx at Walmart I checke every month to make sure it's still the same price or cheapest price. I have no insurance. I take 12 different medications. 5 are suppose to be paid by workers comp. if for some reason the prescription comes up different price, I show coupon and they run it back through. I've tried Walgreens once because it showed 1 of my expensive was cheaper there, they said they would have to run txt through so transferred it to Walgreens showed coupon and said they wouldn't accept it. So I transferred back to Walmart. I recently found cvs actually has 2 my RX's which I used coupons and they actually came out to be lower price than coupon as cash pay with no insurance. I don't know how I could afford all my medications without this app.

joshr62
3/18/17

Kroeger refused to honor the coupon and said that GoodRx just guesses at prices to post online. GoodRx was unhelpful and said the coupon didn't work because they were currently in the process of changing prices for all Kroeger stores in the area. It's 3 days later and the same false prices haven't changed at all. Waste of my time all around. I will try 1 more time at a different place and will change my rating here if things work out.

tinaw81
3/16/17

Something must of happened in 2017 as the last 3 years I have been using GoodRx at Walgreen my prescription was only $85 and now in 2017 it jumped up to $398.00 WTF. freaking crazy stupid. So I now go to Kroger and used GoodRx and my prescription is only $90. How the hell can Walgreens get away with charging $398 when others only charge $90. Thst is terrible and such crooks. Trump needs to stop companies from screwing people over.

ericm174
3/16/17

I travel and work in Africa. GoodRx consistently lets me shop for and find the best prices for often-expensive drugs like anti-malarials or antibiotics. Makes life easier and the budget much happier!

jessicaj90
3/16/17

Took 3 trips to Walgreens to try to get my prescriptions and now the price is more than my favorite pharmacy.

cindyn31
3/16/17

I'm on one medicine (only) and have paid a $36 copay for a 90 day supply for the last 4 years. I was told two days ago that my new insurance didn't cover that medicine and it would now cost $67. I started an appeal. Meanwhile I found good Rx and went back to the same pharmacy. Using my good Rx card I paid $19 for the prescription 2 days later. That's less than I've paid in 4 years! I'm a believer. I'll never use my insurance for Rx again without first checking the good Rx price. Love it!

tammyk37
3/10/17

bethb64
3/10/17

I used Good Rx for my Rx's, they were on the $, but one was over charged by $20. that was advertised. So I called the phone number that was offered on the website. Right off the bat, the founder says, "we will help you resolve any issues you have with cost discrepancies, unless they are controlled prescriptions such as" ...I got through, it was not a controlled Rx and the woman on the phone could not be less helpful. Did not want to even pretend to help me. Why say they will help resolve monetary issues if you won't? So, buyer (of prescriptions) beware! It still cost me $150 for 4 Rx's. Have a nice day.

noreeng1
3/2/17

Have been using GoodRx for about a year now. At first, there didn't seem to be any problem with the prices quoted with the online coupon and the drug store prices. However, recently I have run into a problem with pharmacies honoring the prices quoted and what they actually charge for the prescription. Example: Nitroglycerin tablets at Kroger should have been $13,58 as per online coupon. But, when filled, Kroger wanted to charge me $44 saying a disclaimer on the coupon states prices were only suggestions. It was at their discretion to honor the coupon or not. So, I took my prescription to Walgreen and although I ran into the same issue (coupon was for $15 and changed, Walgreen charged $21) with the Pharmacist complaining that GoodRx was not reimbursing them to make up the difference in pricing. Not sure if this will continue, but either way, make sure you check with the pharmacy on pricing when using GoodRx coupons so you are not caught off guard when picking up your prescription.

amyk97
2/20/17

We have been using Good Rëx for the past 3 to 4 years and I just now ran into one problem, which wa not IOC Good Rëx fault but due to Walgreens lack of knowledge at a specific location that we've always had problems with. So we will just go to a different Walgreens as our usual one closes earlier than others. So we will just wait an extra day and take our business to another one and report it to Good Rx in the morning as I know they will take care of it.
Extremely satisfied and those who are being so extremely ungrateful and pre judge mental disgusts me when a FREE organization is trying to assist the general public. And whoever said they make up fake prices is ridiculous, as that is so far from the truth! Good Rx' prices have always added up to the exact penny quoted, no matter where we have used them at! Shame on you for fabricating such lies..
And then you for such an awesome service!

christinab86
2/10/17

I came to say thank you!! I've only been using goodrx since the first of the year when my insurance went down hill. My med that i can't get refills on and can only fill once a month is over $300 for 9 pills!! But with goodrx and the helpful pharmacist at meijer i only pay $17!! I found out tonight i get a discount with my insurance i can get the pills for $147... WOOHOO. Why the negative reviews?? What are you really losing to check out goodrx?? You could not use it and pay more or get lucky and get an exceptional deal!!
Thanks again Goodrx!! Even if it goes up to$50 a month I'll still be saving money!

billc146
2/6/17

My wife received a prescription for a new dementia med last month. CVS is our local pharmacy and the Dr's office electronically transmitted the prescription there. We are in one of the Medicare Advantage plans (Humana PPO) and the med was not covered well, resulting in a $386. bill for a 30-day supply.

Today, after finding and registering at GoodRX, I paid $189. at Walgreens for her 2nd 30-day supply, utilizing the GoodRX discount. I had seen this same med as cheap as $117. at Walmart in previous weeks but apparently the pricing can change frequently- and wildly- as Walmart currently wanted $389.

So... use the handy search feature on the GoodRX website (where you'll get pricing), be ready to shop at different pharmacies and have your prescription in-hand so the pharmacy can give you an up-to-the-minute quote for your med. The savings really can be worth the additional trouble.

tonyl89
2/3/17

I called my local CVS and gave them the GoodRX code and boom Paid the price that was on the coupon. Just call your pharmacy first and have them check it out. SImple as that

suel69
1/31/17

I'm forever getting the run-around from Insurance requiring Prior-Authorization, which takes a week for the doctor's office to submit..yada, yada! Finding GoodRX was a godsend! I don't even mess with the Insurance. I present the 'GoodRX' discount coupon once & get that price on subsequent Refills.
Those who are saying "never again" are blaming 'GoodRX' when their pharmacist is really to blame! They act like they're being persecuted! Just go to another pharmacy! Or FOLLOW the recommendations of 'GoodRX' & contact them for dispute resolution.
*...and get off your high horse! Ha!

neilp26
1/29/17

The first time I tried GoodRX, Publix wouldn't take the coupon, but it turned out CVS had the product for less than the coupon price anyway. The second time CVS took the coupon at about half the going price, so GoodRX is on the happy list for now. One qualification is how this will play out with the annual insurance deductible. That will be a learning experience, but so far I'm okay with the fifty bucks.

louisg32
1/28/17

I recently had to purchase some medications for my dad that weren't covered by his insurance and by using goodrx, it saved me a lot of my money. I just don't understand why the prices at cvs pharmacy are way higher than at the cvs pharmacy in target. They are both cvs pharmacies but the target cvs is much, much cheaper. One of my dad's medications was $218 at cvs, but it was $83 at the target cvs pharmacy. That doesn't make sense. They are both cvs pharmacies. But goodrx did work and it saved me a lot money.

karenk115
1/24/17

I don't know how I stumbled upon Good RX but am so glad that I did. I have had no issues. I have told many friends and family members to download the app. Not sure why some prescriptions are so much cheaper using Good Rx but it is worth it. The app is so easy to use even for "seniors" like me!

chrish272
1/23/17

I checked a few of my prescriptions on Good Rx and was ready to run all over town (and even out of town) for their deals until I did some checking on my own. First, I typed in "aspirin." Good Rx told me that Walgreen has the cheapest price at right around $250.00!

Next, I checked with my pharmacy. One of my medications (which IS unreasonably expensive for a generic) is $266.00. Good Rx says my pharmacy sells it for $460.00.

Maybe you can get some good deals. I don't know. But, especially if you take long-term medications like I do, I suggest you investigate before you go to the trouble of having prescriptions transferred between pharmacies each month.

Another thing to check is whether your employer has its own discount agreement with a certain pharmacy. If they do, that's usually the best price you can get.

martham85
1/20/17

I changed pharmacy for the cheaper price now come to find out that it will cost me more because their coupons are crap and so are their customer service

180 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GoodRx staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
lindaf116
Linda F.
Answer
douglash20
GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep]
A: Prices vary at every pharmacy for every prescription. Head to www.goodrx.com to see prices.
6 days, 17 hours ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
ruthl34
Ruth L.
Answer
douglash20
GoodRx R. [GoodRx Rep]
A: Just go to www.goodrx.com to see.
Helpful answer