US Government’s NSF

info@goodrx.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

eileenw10
8/28/16

I used to use GoodRX to get meds for my dogs. 240 Phenobarbital 64.8mg is very expensive. The pharmacies have stopped taking GoodRX for two reasons: first, they state that they are not getting reimbursed by GoodRx; second, they now state that they won't take it for a drug that requires a triplicate. I try calling all listed pharmacies and they won't honor what is listed on the GoodRX website. $100+ each prescription hurts the pocketbook but you do what you have to if your pet can't live without. Anyone have any other suggestions, please let me know. Meds are still more expensive at the vet's office.

jesenias
8/26/16

Went to my local CVS to use the coupon which referred to me by my doctor. The pharmacy went to apply and it came back as $1500.00!! Online it said the price with coupon for that medicine would be 32.75. Couldn't believe it. The pharmacy couldn't tell me why it didnt work.

mikeg206
8/22/16

Why?

janky1
8/22/16

Why do you think it is acceptable for a pharmacy to have to lose money on nearly every prescription they process in addition to a $3-15 pullback? You forget they are a business as well but people don't care about that. The reason that pharmacies don't accept these coupons half the time isn't because they don't care, it's because if every RX they sold lost money they would be closed fairly quickly.

johns1429
8/21/16

They say that the prices are negotiated with pharmacies. This is not so. Good RX posts the price they would like it to be and you get the run around from both GRX and the pharmacy. Another scam.

alexanderr37
8/19/16

Sometimes they take the coupon, most of the time they do not. Its a 50/50 chance at my local Walgreens.
If they always accepted goodrx, it would work out even better then insurance for me. Unfortunately this is not the case.

coreyt9
8/14/16

First time I used it over a year ago it worked great for some meds my wife was takinh that weren't covered by insurance. We recently tried it for the same meds and it didn't give the price the give when you check for prices. Our insurance pays a little on the meds now but they are still expensive. The prices Goodrx lists aren't accurate now by far.

dougj14
8/13/16

First of all I don't work for Good Rx. I'm an unofficial consumer advocate for friends and family! I am retired so I have the time to get it right. When I started using GoodRx I was challenged once. I read all of the info on the GoodRx web site and even called to talk to them. Here is what's going on from my take as I can only talk as a consumer. The best pharmacies are the grocery stores.; Why? Because the 15 to 20 minutes to wait there a a good possibility you buy something else at the store. We do every time we go. Having had grocery experience (I sold to stores for 39 Years) I asked some of the management people from grocery stores as to why do some people have problems with GoodRx? Their response? Grocery stores and pharmacies sign contracts to get people in to frequent their pharmacies and buy other items available in the store. There is a code for each pharmacy printed on the coupon. The pharmacist or tech only needs to punch the code in the computer. When some pharmacists or techs get the coupon they'll ask what's this? Just say GoodRx and just punch the code on the coupon into the the computer. They know this! Their grocery chain has agreed to discount to get you into the store and hopefully continue to come back for prescriptions and or other things (Grocery) It is true the individual pharmacy stores have to take the reduced price. My Safeway pharmacy manager loves GoodRx as his business and the grocery store business have increased notably. One problem occurred when the best price was at a Kroger store. The pharmacist said we don't take these. I said, "Oh, yes you do!" I have already called your corporate store asking if all of their stores take the coupons. They said yes and contact them immediately if they don't. After telling the pharmacist he relented and filled the script for the price on the coupon. The reason some of the pharmacies will say they don't take them is to avoid losing money. Each pharmacy is responsible for coupons of all types.
Now this is most important: I know time is tight as well as money. I am retired and have the time....but not the money when prescriptions can cost hundreds more from one store to the other. I talked with the Store Manager where the pharmacy is located. I told him for every 10 people they decline 9 will just give up. If I was working full time I wouldn't have had the time. I asked the store manger could he help me and all of the other people that come here for the first time? He said yes! I said, "Great I won't have to call Kroger corporate when I get home". I know a lot of people that can't afford their medication. GoodRx has saved them! The best way to save yourself time call ahead and ask if they take Goodrx coupon that YOU JUST PRINTED? 95% of the time they will say yes if the code goes through their computer. I'm lucky as I live in Seattle and was challenged only once in 3 years and the store manager begged me not to call corporate. That was taken care of right there. I will go with friends or family that will be using GoodRx for the first time and no problems as I took the time to get through the fine print. I can not speak for the other reviews. Just mine. . When I called 3 years ago they said they did have contracts or they couldn't quote the prices or the available stores!
Bottom line: Print your coupon then call the pharmacy. If you have to just say you have a computer code on the coupon with their pharmacy listed as well as the price. Gee, looking at this review shows I really do have a lot of extra time. Why do I do this? Senior citizens are getting ripped off so often they give up as they can't afford the high price of drugs. It is my passion to help and not charge anyone! I only get them what they are promised. Thank you for your time and patience. These are only my thoughts and I stand to be corrected from anyone anywhere. Good Luck to all! Doug J. Seattle. WA

P.S. I never threaten or talk in a loud voice when advocating. My information does it for me.

Now the pharmacists and our family are both known on a first name basis!

ljiljanar
8/12/16

Target has the cheapest prices with rx card

timw83
8/9/16

Printed a coupon for Irbesartan 150mg. Shopko cash price $197/90 days. Coupon for Shopko was $15/90 days. Pharmacist said GoodRX not accepted at Shopko.

connieb67
8/5/16

Paid $45 for scrip at Walgreens. Came home n checked Goodrx after hearing about it so much. Received coupon instantly via text for $12.98. Walgreens refunded me $36. Should have tried Goodrx much sooner.

jillg24
7/27/16

Walmart accepts. I have never had an issue of any pharmacy accepting Good RX coupons.

sharryln
7/22/16

About 4/5 months ago I took the GoodRX discount card to Sam's Club and was informed at the time that they were no longer accepting ANY discount card programs that they were having issues with not receiving reimbursement from these plans. The pharmacist said that they still have to pay the price that they are charged to order the medication that they do not "negotiate" on a price, especially that has anything to do with working with the discount programs. I used Blink Health today, which you pay for online prior to going to get your meds. They honored the card today only because I had prepaid but was again informed that the Board for Sams and Walmart are adamant about them using discount script programs from anyone. They will match and beat prices from their competitors but that is the only time that they will give any discounts.

darcio
7/21/16

I have never used GoodRx before & was excited to save over $60/ month when I found a prescription at Safeway advertised for $34 (I've been ordering from Canada). I didn't call before I went (and don't shop at Safeway normally)but the pharmacist said their price was over $200 so she couldn't sell it to me for the GoodRx advertised price they'd lose money. When I called GoodRx I was told the prices shown were only estimates & do not have to be honored by the pharmacy & to call around to see if I could find a place to honor the estimated price GoodRx shows. I feel this is false advertising - if you don't know for sure that a pharmacy will sell meds at that price - don't advertise it, very misleading. Also, like I have nothing better to do than call all over town. I have not called around yet but when I get time I may try - still very irritating!

jdj4
7/21/16

Used the printed out coupon at our local Walgreen and ot worked flawlessly!! Thanks so much GoodRX.com!! with out this coupon our prescription for a 90 supply would have bee $500, with Good RX it was $32. Will be sure to use again and share with friends and family.
JD
DFW

bettyr20
7/19/16

suprising to know i could get some of the meds i have been paying higher prices for until i went to selected pharmacy which was walmart in my town and was told they do not accept the good rx which was a pharmacy listed am totally shocked.after reading some of the reviews they are basically saying the same things no acceptance..what a joke

johnp402
7/9/16

Took my prescription for 100 nitroglycerin, .4 Mg tablets to Walgreen's with my GoodRX card. The pharmacist checked and said the GoodRX price of $ 12.91 was good. When I went to pay, she said the price was $ 28.29. Since this was less expensive than using my insurance, I paid it. When I got home, I found that the pharmacist had split the script into four parts with each costing $28.29. Needless to say, I will never patronize Walgreen's again.
John Pfouts

jims200
7/5/16

I asked Publix and Walmart about GoodRx and they said that GoodRx won't reimburse them.

linnieh
7/5/16

I recently got a prescription from Walgreens using a good rx coupon and on the website it states one from of the prescription with something added is 60 some dollars and one with out it is 40 some dollars. Walgreens is charging me the price of the prescription with sometsomething added instead of the price of the other one with nothing added. When I called Walgreens to find out why they stated that good rd doesn't know their prices and that they were wrong. At this point in time I don't really care about the 20.00 dollar difference it is the point don't put something out there that lies

robertn93
7/3/16

I used good rx coupon for the first time today and it worked great. After the Meijer pharmacy ran coupon thru it came up about three dollars cheaper than expected. This site save me almost $ 80.00 over what I was going to have to pay thru mail order with my insurance.I will defiantly check this site before fill any rx.

reginar17
6/21/16

I totally expected to run into issues using the GoodRx card at Walmart. Instead they accepted it with no problem and the cost of my prescription went from $217 to $55!!
I definitely recommend GoodRx and will use it again.

debraf28
6/17/16

Not working at Walmart any longer, and when I called Good RX they said Walmart has their own discount and are the only Pharmacy that can deny anotherdiscount card .This is not true on many levels and Good Rx offered me no help at all.. I cannot afford the high prices they sometimes charge for my blood pressure meds and the price fluxuations are maddening... And most of the time unaffordable for low income people like myself.. Walmart was down right liars and Good RX gave me no help when I called.

rayw43
6/16/16

Filled 2 prescriptions at CVS for Nadolol using GoodRX coupons, saving hundreds of dollars. Have not yet tried using the GoodRX card.

Tip for consumers: To get best deal need to consider using half tablet (40 mg from an 80 mg prescription) and checking different quantities (30, 60, etc.) The best deal changes over time, fortunately my doctor is a cheap-skate too and will rewrite the prescription to save the most money.

julieg82
6/14/16

COUPON SCAM!!!

I went to Walmart with a GoodRX Nadolol 40mg coupon that I printed off their website. Walmart ran it through GoodRx and it was rejected.
DON'T use this site, it is a scam.
I think GoodRX only wants us to use their mail-order so they can profit.

janetb79
6/13/16

I have used GoodRx for over a year now & it has saved me a bundle on a very expensive medication which would have cost $500 for a 3 month supply at Rite-Aide with my insurance card (I have a high deductible). With Good Rx it dropped down to $270 for 3 month supply (out of pocket expense) at Rite Aide, & Wallmart was even cheaper at $210 for my 3 month supply. Both pharmacies honor it. CVS tried to give me a hard time with a much cheaper medication for my son, but she was a clerk, not the pharmacist & did not know what she was talking about. I had to speak with her manager. Also, if you sign up for the emails, GoodRx will notify you when the price for your prescription has changed, so you can constantly compare pharmacies. Can't do better than that!

95 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GoodRx staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question