Review of Booking.com

Herengracht 597
Amsterdam, 1017 CE, Netherlands

vadimr10
7/28/17

I wrote 3 letters in support. Did not even answer...Shame!!!

Very bad customer support.

Even there are no attempts to contact.

Tip for consumers: I wrote 3 letters in support. Did not even answer...Shame!!!

Very bad customer support.

petec37
7/27/17

We booked a one night stay at wookey hole hotel. The booking was never confirmed but the hotel still took £65 as they said we did not turn up. When we contacted both Booking.com and wookey hole by telephone and email they said it was our fault and refused a refund.Will never use them again

nikkij28
7/26/17

I have used them twice, which I wasn't able to keep my reservation one was due that I had an unexpected death in my family and couldn't travel that weekend.. They would not refund me my money plus my credit card was charge immediately after they said it wouldn't be.. They are liars and scammers...DO NOT USE THEIR SITE!!!!

daniellel63
7/26/17

I wish I could be writing a good review for a service that initially seemed so convenient. Unfortunately, booking.com became just the opposite. When it comes to their ability to accommodate for a last minute cancellation, due to "technical problems" they are quick to find what they call and equal comp. Unfortunately, in my experience it was anything but equal. My booking in London was cancelled 12 hours before my party was suppose to arrive. Their suggested comp (which we did quickly book seeing that we had no place to stay) was a 4th floor unit without A/C and required us to pickup the keys at a different location than where we needed to check in as well as a later check in time. Much different than the 1st floor unit with A/C and an earlier check in time that we had booked. This resulted in an uncomfortable and inconvenient stay which caused us to miss a $70 tour that we had already booked. When we contacted booking.com to discuss all of the issues we encountered, they informed us that they couldn't and wouldn't do anything for us.

ehrickm
7/26/17

Protect yourself and use another service. I got an email from booking.com advising that i had free cancellation through July 19. I cancelled the morning of July 19th. I was in compliance with their EMAIL COMMUNICATION and they are not taking responsibility. The hotel has charged my account for the full cost of the hotel. If booking.com shared accurate information i would've canceled on time. I'm livid and this is the worst customer experience EVER!

rashmib6
7/24/17

Absolute frauds. Booked through them. Have all the details from booking number, booking id to confirmation number from them. The hotel cancelled the booking, sending a mail marking them. Since then simply can't get the refund of advance paid through them. No reply to mails. Flimsy excuses on phone after being put on hold for half an hour. Never book through them

mohamedo5
7/24/17

My last reservation experience with Booking.com was rather unpleasant , and to be honest it was the first time that I got cheated by a cheap offer they offered for a hotel right in the middle of the city center of Istanbul (all other offers by other providers were much higher, I must say). I cannot even blame booking.com because no one can figure out the defects of a any hotel booking unless one spends a night at least in that hotel . I was stuck in the room I was given for 3 weeks and I came to know every single detail about it: a small room that overlooked the internal atrium of the building (simply walls with AC split units--most noisy at night) Apparently, what I paid for that booking, as I came to know from the hotel itself, would not qualify me to stay in a more comfortable room. And so, I never complained, because I knew they would offer an upgrade to another "respectable" room only if I showed willingness to pay!! Of course, I didn't go to Istanbul to spend all my money on accommodation (although I came to know that what I paid in that hotel could have gotten me a far better hotel in different area of the city)

I wrote my whole experience in review on Booking.com's site and waited for several days and I'm always getting this ugly message "This review is still being processed". My guess is that they don't want to publish a review of a negative experience because they are mainly responsible for making this booking. So unprofessional! I have no intention whatsoever to deal with this company ever again!

sandif5
7/24/17

We booked a room for one night at Home2 by Hilton in Nashville, TN with out 5 year old granddaughter. Booking.com said the hotel was CHILD friendly and PET friendly. They NEGLECTED to tell us there was a $125.00 fee for this pet friendly hotel. Upon leaving we were informed that not only was our room $197.24 BUT they charged us a $125.00 pet fee!!! Our 10 lb Maltipoo was with us the entire time except to sleep in his crate at night. Thank goodness they didn't charge s fee for our granddaughter!!!

julesk23
7/23/17

I've been using Booking for years and this is the best travel website out there. When I see people complaining about the fact that they made a non refundable reservation and then decided to cancel it but Booking.com didn't give them their money back, it makes me laugh. Read the policies before making a reservation because if you then want to cancel it, it won't be Booking.com not giving you your money back but it will be the property you booked. Every time I dealt with their customer service, I had a great experience so once again, if you are logical in your request, their customer service will help but based on the reviews I just read, a lot of people just want to complain because their unrealistic requests were not met.

braing8
7/23/17

I wrongly assumed booking with them is never more expensive, so I booked 3 nights at a London Hotel for Oct. Eventually I found the Hotel site and checked with them who gave me a price 10 pounds a night cheaper for the same room and dates. Booking.com will not price match as the Hotel price is not actually on the site, although it does say from 75 pounds. No better than a scam, will never use them again

randyj33
7/21/17

I recently decided to take a trip and booked my hotel on booking.com. i thought I could cancel but now discover the I cannot do so. My trip is three weeks from now but the hotel will not issue a refund, even though I contacted them within 24 hours of making the reservation, and now I am going to lose more than $1,300. My trip is ruined before it has even started.

I will NEVER use Booking.con again. It is a very confusing site that pressures you to make your reservation quickly -- hurry, last room!, three other people are looking at this hotel, two other people just made reservations -- which leads to mistakes and bad choices. Shame on booking.com.

ninoc22
7/21/17

This is my first time writing a feedback!!! But i am so upset and let down i just want everybody to know what they should expect from bookingcom!!!

I have been using bookingcom for 12 years, as a hotel manager and as a customer. Their goal was - 100% customer setisfaction!!! They always made sure their customer was always happy. As a manager it was sometimes pain in the butt (sorry for my french) but i did appreciate their afford. Doesnt matter how many times customer was unfair or wrong they always insisted to refund the money back to them.
Today me as a customer having an issues with the hotel i booked in France for September ( Check in is in 2 months) .hotel name : Montmartre Panoramic Apartment in France. Cancelation policy wasnt clear on their page, the fact that the property is on the 4th floor and they dont have a lift wasnt mentioned and there are so many other small details missing ( as i found out later ) as soon as i booked the hotel in 3-4 mins my card was charged 50% i contacted hotel right away and i told them i wanted to cancel the booking as i never expected they would take 50% of the total amount right away. Hotel manager refused to cancel my reservation. Keep in mind- I TRIED TO CANCEL AFTER 5 MINUTES. I contacted booking.com and informed them that i wasnt happy that the hotel took the money off my card as i was still looking for other options + reserching more about the property to make sure i wasnt making any mistakes and my family would enjoy fully their experience in France ( the booking was for my family 2 adults and 3 kids) booking.com replied back soon after and told me cancelation was clear enough and there is nothing they can do about it. I begged them to cancel my booking as it was just recently booked and i made a mistake booking this property. Since then i sent them 4 more emails and they just simply ignore and they dont even give a $#*! to reply back to my email.
I am really disappointed, they were one of the best booking websites but i can see how quickly they are sinking, its not the same bookingcom i had pleasure dealing with. They are going down and hope the day will come soon when i see them bankrupted and shut down.
Probably my family will still go to this property as i cannot get my money back but this is the last time i am gonna use bookingcom as a customer or as a manager. There are so many other great websites who's begging to get a business and those websites mostly provide cheaper prices than bookingcom. I know this cause i always had higher rates on booking than any other web site cause i knew a lot of people use bookingcom more than any other website and the same room i was selling on bookingcom 10%-15% more, and on another web site was cheaper prices. It always worked well.
DONT USE BOOKING AS IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG OR YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE HOTEL YOU BOOKED I GUARANTEE YOU BOOKING WILL NEVER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

nikasc
7/21/17

Nikas Charalampos.This summer we decided to go to Peloponeese Holidays and looks like was the best choise.The plan was to fly from Zurich to Athens and from the Airport to take the rental car to Peloponeese.I booked with booking.com when we knew that the destination is Koroni Messinias.We were lucky to find the last studio at SofiaVillas for the dates that we asked,a three floors vila with two Apartments in every Floor,just perfekt!!The building surrounded from olive trees,was so nice when we were back from the sea every evening to relax under the shade of the trees,the Apartment fresh as new,big kitchen full organised,big terasse front and then the garden,all Windows covered with net for mosquitos,beautifull bedroom fresh from the air condition,new bed and matrasse,parking,wi fi,laundry!!When we arrived Adriana was there waiting for us,to show us everything from water,klima,keys,to give us a nice warm wellcome and to say that if we have any Problem they are there for us!!Later we meet Adriana`s parents Sofia and Nikos at Sofotel which is on the way to the village,nice people which they care for the guests to have a nice staying in their Hotels,as we talked we heard about the third Hotel called Driopes and we saw how sirious they do this dificult job and that they Keep the promise for a nice staying in Koroni!!The best part is coming now,Rachel bakery belongs to the family too and they do the best Wallnut pie,Milk pie,croisants,bread,and many more all excelent!Öur deal was without breakfast but Sofia was calling me everyday to pass from Sofotel to take fresh made pies or Sweets which she had prepared for us,such a Treatment,Thank you Sofia!!What i want to say is that because of booking.com i meet a nice Family,we had fantastik Holidays in a beautifull village as Koroni and for sure we will go back!!Sorry for the people which are not happy with Booking .com for us worked really good!!

ivettev
7/20/17

I booked a motel with booking.com, when I got there it was awful! they refused to give back my money, I call booking.com they kept giving me the runaround, finally, they told me that could not do anything for me, after two weeks of me calling them, they told me I should have read the reviews, it had nice pictures, wish obviously were taking when the motel was open, many years ago, they don't even go and check out these properties DO NOT USE THEM!! they don't honor what they advertised. these rooms have people living in, drunk people in the parking lot and the bed were never changed! even though they say you can cancel, is not true! they still charged you and then refuse to refund your money. find another web site, trust me don't deal with these people

hedayats
7/19/17

I reserved an apartment in North of France through booking.com and received the confirmation of my reservations !, I travelled from Paris to North 400 km and found the place but after couple of hours I could reach the superintendent ! they were not expecting me , the apartment was rented to someone else and the superintendent has informed Booking.com before my arrival for the unavailability of the apartment. it was disaster I was tired and confused, traveling from Canada. finally I could reach Booking.com and they reserved another place for me and emailed me the address , I found the new reserved place and they said the room is not available !!! it was unbelievable ! I do not trust Booking.com services at all . Booking.com charged me and later returned the money but not in full !!!!

julias100
7/19/17

Advertise a price match guarantee but don't honor it! Hotel itself would have charged us $80 less per night per room for a total of 6 nights. That is a ton of money and booking.com is refusing to honor their own policy. Total joke! Never again!

kathyh125
7/19/17

Booked through booking .com was ok got to motel parking lot was filled with old junk cars very scary neighborhood .people living at motel were scary and not friendly.the grounds of the hotel were terrible grass not mowed dog poop all over just nasty.went in to the motel to check in the ceiling behind the counter was falling down and the owners were not friendly at all just wanted my credit card.sent us to a room way in back of motel did not feel safe at all.hall way and room smelled very musty and dirty.room was very outdated and gross .the bed was terrible sheets and pillows were stained and dirty we were afraid to sleep in the room because it was very dirty afraid of getting bit by bed bugs.we took our bags and left never to return.called booking.com with the issue they said it was a non returnable room so we we're stuck paying for the room that we didn't use. Will never use booking.com again if you have an issue they won't help you just tell you sorry no refund they suck

sarat69
7/18/17

We had been in an apartment in Ametlla de Mar in Spain. It had been very very bad Extremely dirty ,nothing working and had NOTHING, not even toilet paper . I complained to the agency and they ignored me completely . How can you have a place like this for rental? ? The name of the place is DUPLEX PESCADORS .MY BOOKING NUMBER 1698796670

eunsungj
7/17/17

Booking at priceline was redirected to booking.com without my notice. The booked hotel has different policy on children than priceline, and when I showed up the hotel(actually that was not a hote, just a private house), they refused to accommodated based on policies that I didn't see when booking at priceline.

ruthr55
7/17/17

My confirmation stated that payment would be made at hotel , however, my MasterCard was billed within two days of booking . My stay at the hotel is Sept 1 and Sept 2. I have booked in at 3 other hotels where i will be staying on my trip. I did not use Booking.com and no problem, free cancellation and they are not billing me until I arrive. Fortunately I have access to many people also I write reviews on my blog that is read world wide.

simonj46
7/17/17

Booking.com use algorithms to change prices according to your perceived race. I book rooms for my company staff and am also a frequent traveller. Booking.com sarcastically call me a genious. My Japanese friend sitting across the table from me using trip advisor asked me what I thought of the Mercure Hotel for Wednesday 19th July 2017. His price on Trip Advisor was JPY7,700 so I checked Booking. Com from my computer and the same room was JPY16,200. I asked my friend to try booking.com and he bookedfor JPY8,750 an almost 100% premium.
This shows the sneakiness of Booking.com. They racially profile people and as I book through an American server they charge me a 100% premium.
I have booked 129 nights so far this year, so I estimate that booking.com has swindled some $7,000 from me.
Booking.com does not pay tax in the countries it operates in nor does it provide any service to the Hotels as it is so large everyhotel must be on it's site. It is the role of Governments to stop monopolistic companies from fleecing consumers so Booking.com should be forceably disbanded and it's senior management sent to gaol to enjoy the first shower treatment that white collar criminals so justly deserve.

alexp181
7/16/17

They do not price match no matter what their website states. When you ask for the price match they find a loophole in their policy and scold you for not knowing about it. When I tried to challenge their policy with facts the hung up on me.

jamest225
7/16/17

I booked my reservation for July 14 & 15 on May 19, 2017. It was suppose to be a first rate Resort on Hilton Head Island (The Beach House). The 2 day fee was $753.08 for a king size bed and "Patio". We get there and it is a single room with a small refrigerator with a best temp at about 65 degrees, no microwave, and about 50 feet from the nightly band. I asked for another room or cancellation and was told I had to take that up with booking.com. Of course booking.com was so sorry but I had to pay for the first night and they would refund the second night. It remains to be seen if I will get the one night refund.

I googled the The Beach House to see what their rate are if you call direct and the low was$152.64 and a high of $229.00. Lesson learned is do not use these Internet lodging finders, call directly to the property and see what they offer.

I couldn't sleep so my wife and I left and found a Red Carper Inn on I-95 with a very nice quite room complete with a microwave and breakfast for a total of $83.00.

suned
7/15/17

Det er et stort snyde firma som næsten med garenti vil ødelægge din ferie
OG man kan ikke komme til at tale med en dansk talne agent selv om de udgiver sig for at have danske agenter
SÅ STOP STOP STOP STOP MED AT BRUGE DEM det bliver en mega dårlig oplevelse

sarahk135
7/15/17

My flight to Europe was cancelled on July 10, 2017, due to a building fire in the air traffic control building in Leesburg, VA. No flights could depart Washington Dulles Airport due to this fire. My flight was reinstated for 25 hours later, but I had to cancel my entire vacation itinerary because of this fire and could not make it to the hotel I had booked through booking.com. I called booking.com to explain my situation-- all out of my control. I spoke with a representative named Sarina. She explained to me that it was all on the hotel and that they had no ability to cancel. i asked to speak to her supervisor, named Angeliki, and was refused. Supposedly, Sarina contacted my hotel in Austria, and asked for a full refund, but was only given 50% credit for me. My issue with booking.com is this: there should be a company policy in place to give credit to individuals who have booked rooms thru this company in circumstances beyond the customer's control, as this. It is shameful that this company has no policy in order to assist their customers. I will NEVER use booking.com ever again because of the lack of support for their customers. Shameful!!! Buyer beware...I would hate for anyone else to go thru what I have had to endure, losing major money due to a lack of customer service with booking.com.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

In my case they took my payment information and paid the hotel where I was going to be staying. Only to find out that the hotel was out of business and I had to prove that it was charged to my account. They did not find me a replacement hotel to stay in for the same price. Nor did they care that I was left without a place to stay. So beware before you purchase.

By Janice R. on 11/6/15
Helpful answer

Don't waste time with booking.com. They have horrible customer service and will make every attempt to cheat you. Simply report the problem to your credit card company to get your refund.

By really n. on 8/20/15
Helpful answer

You pay a non refundable price on line. When you check into your hotel, it's billed to your Bookings.com reservation plus incidentals (local calls,parking fees,resort fees, dining,bar fees, Europe charges local or city tax, spa fees....) the hotel will ask for a card as a hold for these fees. Use bookings.com, find the hotel you wish to stay in (get all info and contact them directly via website and price match) the Marriott in Rome had a room for $80.00 less on the Marriott website than these , so called MONEY SAVING SITES.

By China m. on 9/20/15
Helpful answer

Girl are you KIDDING? Did you not read my review? They promised me a $50 refund for not provding the room I paid for and I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT. You expect to give you a frequent customer discount? LOL LOL LOL

By Ed A. on 5/2/15
Helpful answer

Trevago is hooked into Booking.com don't make a mistake and let trevago send you to booking.com go to Hotel.com which is more professional. I had to go to American Express customer serviced to complain and they gave a dead line for explanation. They had no explanation for crappy service and had to repay me.

By Atno S. on 4/20/15
Helpful answer

Good luck. Booking likes to advertise the lowest fare and then bait and switch. Very unscrupulous company. They leave you holding the bag and don' are.

By William C. on 12/1/15
Helpful answer

It is about time to stop giving credit card details to make a booking, they should not ask people to expose their details un-crypted. A booking is just a booking it should NOT require any kind of commitment or payment in advance.

By Grow U. on 8/9/15
Helpful answer

You can't. That's the whole idea. You provide a service, and your customers get to give their review of your place and your services.

By Link A. on 8/27/15
Helpful answer

Yes. You pay the ENTIRE AMOUNT at the time if booking. The reservation is subject to the sites terms regarding cancellations & changes, so read these terms carefully before hitting the pay button. IMPORTANT: As a word to the wise, do not ever use your debit card, check, wire transfer, certified check or cash to pay. Always use a major credit card (I like American Express) so if there is ever a serious problem with the hotel, or the reservation in general, you can file a complaint with your credit card company to reverse the charge. If you pay by other debit card, they take the money out of your bank account immediately. It is like cash and you're going to have very little recourse or leverage to get your money back. Hope this advise helps.

By Beth K. on 5/25/15

NOT BOOKING.CON

By tracey v. on 2/3/17
Questions? Get answers from the Booking.com staff and other customers.

44 Photos for Booking.com