Review of Booking.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

elaines70
5/24/17

As a teacher, their commercial showing an out of control kindergarten classroom is a complete insult to all teachers. Commercials like this are a complete misrepresentation of a very important profession. I would never use this service or recommend it to anyone. Please rethink your advertising when trying to shame a profession.

maryh324
5/24/17

I booked 3 separate nights at a property in Toronto. Soon after booking I got emails from the property owners saying (a) my reservation would be cancelled within 48 hours if I didn't sent money, while booking.com said I had until a week before each date to cancel; and (b) that I had to book for 3 nights on each stay though booking.com let me book for one night on each trip.

Will never use them again.

williaml157
5/23/17

Used booking.com to book a room at the Quality Inn Merchants Drive in Knoxville, Tenn. Their promotion clearly advertised free cancellation and pay at the property. My confirmation came back with a $189 cancellation fee if I cancel the room. Some days later my card was charged $220.30 for the room. I am sharing the room and did not want to have charges on that card. I only used it to hold the room. Through slow correspondence, I was finally informed that the room cost more for free cancellation. I never saw that option. But I can live with that. I responded asking about being charged for the room. It's been a week and I have had no response. I will never use or recommend booking.com again.

nathanielt9
5/22/17

The worse Ive ever had to deal with....No humans.just unanswered E-Mails and Computer's what a Scam forget price-match its not gonna happen. FIRST AND LAST TIME WITH BOOKER MAN HORROR MOTEL.COME!!!

margaretc98
5/22/17

I am 77 my husband is 81 and a retired military we make a reservation at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center in Tampa Florida for march 25-28 of 2017 which we prepaid, my husband hurt his shoulder and went to the Dr and had an X-ray then had a shot in the shoulder and was told he will need to have surgery then they make an appointment with a surgeon. I called the hotel on 3-6-2017 and told them what happen and asked to cancel our reservation, I was told we had booked through a 3th party and they could not so I called Booking.com and I told them what had happen with my husbands shoulder and with the Hotel and I would like to cancel my reservation. Booking.com was very nice then I was put on hold while they called the Hotel, the hotel said they would cancel the reservation at no charge. I received an email saying the reservation had been cancelled free of charge later I checked my account and it showed they had charged me the full amount I then emailed Bookin.com they called the Hotel then sent them a copy of the booking which should have been cancelled and asked the hotel to refunded me. the hotel has refunded to my account less the 16.oo dollars out of over 400.00 dollars. Booking.com has been great to work with and I will use them again. We will not be using the Clarion in Tampa again.

bobs306
5/22/17

Booking.com is by far the worse hotel booking experience I have ever had, this place is nothing but a SCAM! They say one price for booking and free cancellation. Once my credit card went thru the price mysteriously OVER DOUBLED and I could NOT cancel. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM DO NOT USE!!!

jeanetteo5
5/21/17

I stayed at the Super 8 Amusement Park in Charlotte NC. My first warning should have been when I saw police constantly circling the parking lot. I came back to find the police there with a young man handcuffed on the ground. I went out the next evening to return to several customers complaining about their room only to have the desk clerk call the police on them. The hotel was supposedly no smoking yet my room smelled like smoke. The sheets were dirty with cigarette burns in the blankets. There was a large hole in the wall for the cable hook up to the television. The ice machine did not work. I paid too much for this.

balvvantb
5/21/17

They have a option called pay at hotel. We have done a booking with them. In spite of having selected option of pay at property, and then not getting any booking confirmation they charged us. When you connect their customer care you get reply in weeks and that too negative. Be aware of these people they are cunning & cheat people.

susanal
5/20/17

Crossland economy studios in Durham North Carolina is the most filthy, disgusting hotel you can think of. We arrived on may 12 at 11 pm after driving for 13 hours. we got to this place wanting to shower and rest but as soon as we opened the door to our room, the smell of cigarette was so stron that we could hardly breathe. There were holes on the walls, the kitchen and counter were yellow and you could see something that resemble mice droppings on top of the stove. The tub was yellow and full of hairs; there was even an insect that looked like a centipede crawling inside the tub. There were black stains behind the bathroom door as if someone had thrown a dark liquid onto it. Under the bed and all over the room, there were bottle caps, candy wrappers, bread crumbs and dark stains on the floor. Furthermore, there was so much dust that it looked like the room had not been cleaned for a long, long time. I literally felt sick. We had to leave at 1 am to find another hotel. It was a nightmare. I don't recommend Crossland Economy Studio and neither Booking.com.

suzannek24
5/19/17

So not use this service! They do not vet the hotels they offer closely enough and when there is a problem, they do not address it!!! Horrible customer satisfaction! Might have well thrown our money out of the window!!! Do not use this company!!

ivai2
5/19/17

Booking com is full of abusive representatives who obsessively steal payments for my reservations.Booking com Amsterdam finantial department allow account manager to perform finantial malversation,to steal my payments and to remove my property in order to steal about 7000 euros of my payments. We were one of bestsellers property in my City.Booking com CEO Gillian Tans never responded to me, completely support discrimination,torture,finantial malversation at Amstaerdam Booking com office,support abusive ,arrogant and aggresive account managers,customer relations support.Booking com company trained representattives to be tyrant .Account manager Srdan Honovic made falsificated criminal ,abusive statement about me,falsificated all property documentation and finantial reports and refused to pay for my reservations more than 2000 Eures. Srdan Honovic planned to take and keep it unpaid about 5000 euros of my reservation ,planned not to pay me.All of this crime ,falsification and unpaid reservations has been approved by Viktor Yanchevsky Customer relation executive who is person who legalised crime on Booking com.That is the best description of Booking com from my side. Booking com pay representatives to abuse,discriminate ,to steal reservation payment and they are organised like tyrant who torture and torture .

jon4250
5/19/17

Cancelled our villa 8 weeks before we were due to fly, despite knowing it was cancelled for a month before contacting me. No comparable alternative offered, and basically 'you can have a refund in 7-10 days and go away - bad luck on your flights, not our problem'. Absolutely shocking service and you can't leave a review to warn others if you haven't stayed with them.

lisad219
5/19/17

They are unresponsive- horrible to deal with!
I booked a hotel which said I could pay at the hotel and it was refundable. When I tried to cancel I found out that my card was fully charged and they weren't going to refund it. This was a full week before my reservation date. Now it's been a full 4 day battle with them and the hotel to get a refund!
Stay away!!!

lorif44
5/19/17

I booked a hotel based on the terms that were displayed on the page. 30 percent down and final payment 7 days before arrival date. Well they billed the entire amount
Bookings could not help. Hotel would not return my calls. I had to engage my bank for resolution.
With this being said. I will never ever book anything through booking.com.

banjoa
5/18/17

I have been using booking.com for over 8 years now and I've observed that what you see is what you get. I most often got better deals through booking.com than when I go directly to the hotel/apartment website. I also find the trail of customers' review on booking.com very helpful as it at least provide some guidance on which properties or locations to avoid when searching for decent hotels/apartment. The search and filter engines are also great for quickly narrowing down your search.

walterm50
5/18/17

I booked a hotel via booking.com in Sweden and the hotel had mistakenly cancelled my reservation. I called the booking.com helpline and they took immediate action, called the hotel, volunteered to take care of finding an alternative. It was the first time that I thought it is actually helpful to book via a page like booking.com because had I been left to myself in the hotel I would have had to deal with them myself and they werent very forthcoming at all (and tried to blame the whole situation on me).

brendag97
5/17/17

I have just booked an expensive holiday with Booking.com.I am 81 years of age and cannot walk to well, there is no way at my age I can have any upsets or distruptions when I get there.Am I safe with them please?

jimm1404
5/17/17

Recently booked a room that was display at $99.00 per night in huge, bright colored font. When through the various pages of entering information. Summary page before booked displayed same rate of $99.00 per night. Once I clicked 'Confirm', in the same huge, bright colored font it displayed $209.00 per night with a line under in the same size font saying $99.00 per night plus $100 cleaning fee and taxes. WHY was the $100 cleaning fee NOT displayed in such obvious font size and color before hand? Because they didn't want you to know until you Confirmed a Non-Refundable reservation. So my $99 dollar plus tax stay for one night turned into a $209 dollar stay for one night. THESE HOTEL BOOKING SITES NEED TO BE SUED!

Tip for consumers: Find the name of the hotel, google that hotel, and book directly! You will then be aware of ALL costs AND be able to cancel since all front-office bookings can be cancelled 24hrs in advance of arrival date.

alexandriaj4
5/16/17

I recently booked a hotel through Booking.com at the Dolphin Inn however I did not stay there because the hotel looked like it should be shut down and filled with bugs. I've been asking for my money back for over a month and I've been getting the run around ever since. I would not recommend booking.com to anyone ever, unless you like getting scammed out of your money.

eves14
5/16/17

I am a genius member with booking.com for many years however they let me down and Ive decided I rather use other booking website and agent instead of booking.com. The reason behind this is because I went on a trip with my partner and booking a hotel but it is actually an apartment like air bnb in europe. We've been abusive by phone call before we arrive through the owner of apartment so we decided to stay in other place (again, book through booking.com) and we contacted booking,com hopefully to get a refund as the owner's attitude is unacceptable. After many emails, booking.com support owner all the way and ignored the fact that we were being abused over the phone. So we lost all our money and what we got is a abusive phone call and threatened us if we dont pay the extra money we unlikely will get the key get into the apartment.

Good bye booking,com, I will not allow you give the opportunity to treat me like this again.

shaunr15
5/16/17

Booking.com are not a good firm to book your hotel with. They refused to cancel our hotel and took the money out of the bank before the day.
You could cancel anytime without any payment being taking out. That is what it says on their website. That is bull$#*!. They go back onow their word. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY

donnal118
5/16/17

They cancelled our reservation the day we got there, it was a nightmare. We had to book another reservation in the only available room left, which was a suite and cost us double the money.

matthewp63
5/16/17

Room was clean carpet and hotel is decrepit.
Breakfast was worthless and the area is bad
Not coming back

staceyf32
5/15/17

After cancelling my reservation in the alloyed window that allowed free cancelation, I was still charged by the hotel. Called the hotel directly they said they never received my cancellation. Spoke with representative at booking.com they then spoke with the hotel and "resolved" the issue. I will be getting a refund but I have to wait 5-7 business days!!! Why should I have to wait to receive the money that I never should of been charged for to begin with!!

sukum7
5/15/17

Picture does not show real situation. Full of dust in rooms. In midle of nowhere. There is no bar in "hotel". You ony have water from the tap. Small windows that lok in other houses around.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

98 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
melodiea
Melodie A.
on 12/1/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Booking.com staff and other customers.

42 Photos for Booking.com