US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

globetrotteru
1/14/17

All in all my recent hotel stay, for a 5 night period over the New Year was good. I base this on the 2 good, clean, comfortable rooms, a very helpful and service level approach by the staff. In fact the staff were very good in going the 'extra mile' to help their customers.

The unfortunate part, is that, having provided my credit card details in advance as required, the Booking.com procedure is not flexible should you decide to then change and pay locally for your entire stay by cash directly to the hotel (instead of the credit or debit card).

Whilst staying at the hotel, I received an email from booking..com within 24 hours of arrival stating that my reservation was now cancelled in their system. As far as the hotel was concerned the reservation was fine and confirmed in their own system.
The unfortunate part is that I am now not able to write a good review for the hotel property based on my good experience.

Thereafter I then received 2 emails with inaccurate information from 'Customer service' after arriving back home and despite then taking the time to explain that the hotel was happy because they had been paid in full. i was happy with the entire stay. The only part missing was the ability to publish a good review. The Customer service team failed to respond and my replies went unanswered.

The act of no-reply or response highlights that Booking.com has not got a clue what to do when you pay in cash directly to the hotel other than to cancel the booking reservation within their own system.

Dear Booking.com you really do need to be more flexible in your own procedures to permit a customer to place a review, even if the payment method is not according to your restrictive procedure or preferred liking.

joeb279
1/13/17

As the title says - never had a single problem with this business. Just choose the top rating accomodations, and you will be fine. I recommend!

emilyh70
1/3/17

I tried to book a hotel with booking.com, but when I tried to confirm my booking, the website told me that the place I was trying to book had just been booked and I should look for something else. So, I booked something else... Then shortly after, I checked my email and saw that the original booking had actually in fact gone through and I now had two bookings for the same dates, both non-refundable, and could not be cancelled. I called booking.com several times to explain the problem. Every time, they said they would try to cancel one of the bookings and would call me back. Each time, then never called me back, and each time I made follow-up calls, then told me there was nothing they would do, and since both bookings were non-refundable, I would have to pay for them. Despite the problem I was having being caused by an error with booking.com website, they never helped me and I ended up paying for both places. Absolutely unacceptable behaviour of a business towards a customer- DO NOT USE BOOKING.COM!!!!!!!!

haiyings
1/2/17

I'm a Canadian customer of booking.com. I got my email confirmation of my booking and later on booking.com admit they post the wrong price. They offer me a higher price offline of booking.com, which means doing business outside of website posted price. They told me if their offer is not accept by me within 24 hours, they will cancel my confirmed booking. Why waste of your precious time dealing with someone not responsible? I have all the confirmation receipt and webpage images saved for investigation. When I was politely asking their supervisor to call me, I was refused, my phone was hang up, never call me back.

annemarieh1
1/2/17

I have book with booking.com before and was very pleased with the service. Now that I am planning another vacation , the experience is not the same. I book a hotel stay for 3 days for a price of $75.65, while I was searching for things to do for the trip, I saw that the price was a little lower at about 5 different competitor websites of $62.00 a night. The first customer service rep was very rude, disrespectful and argumentative . I simply asked for a supervisor and she stated that she did not have one. Had me on hold for over 30 mins and stated that there was nothing she could do (short story form). I then asked to speak with someone else, because we were just going back and forth, she then stated " I will just transfer you back to the United States" since you can't understand me. I was like, Wow,really? You stated that, I just want someone else to assist me because nothing was being resolved with me and her. So, at this point, I hung and called right back. The second rep immediately transferred me to a supervisor upon my request without a problem. I told her what had just happened and she advised that she would follow up with the former rep's supervisor. She reviewed my information and stated that she would look into it. By this time, I sent in an e-mail to see if I would have better assistance via e-mail. As I was waiting again over 30 mins, the 2nd rep gets back on the phone and states that there was nothing that they could do because I booked a non refundable room? Ok, I get it. I advised that the website does not explain that very well, all I saw was a price match guarantee? So at this point I have advised that I will be sending a letter to the corporate office about my overall experience. I do understand that you have polices and procedures in place however my overall second experience was not good. After this trip, I will no longer book with booking.com or refer or advise anyone else based on this experience. ****Update*** After speaking with 2nd Rep, she called the hotel directly and they honored the lower price! That was all I ever wanted. I thanked her for you efforts and assistance and advise that I would mention it in the letter that I am still sending to corporate about the whole overall experiences. Raised to 2 additional stars.

unac2
12/28/16

I love using this site! It's so efficient . It makes booking accommodation such a pleasure! Well done.

michaelac6
12/25/16

SCAM ALERT!! We are disgusted at how booking.com handled a scam we recently went through on their site. They were not helpful, not perturbed and the scammers are still running deals on their site!
On Christmas day we arrive in Bloubergstrand, South Africa at the said location attached to the apartments called Ocean Sunset. We were very happy as the apartment building was beautiful and had a big pool and was beachfront as stated in the booking.com page and matched the original pictures. We were early and the agent said she would meet us at a later time to check in and give our keys. We proceeded to have Christmas Lunch.
At the last minute the agent called us to say the Location of our apartment was actually 20KM away in greenpoint. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE PAID FOR. (the agent tried to convince us the other apartment is better)
We had to pay a hefty bill for Uber to get to this other apartment. When we arrived we were shocked to find the apartment was actually situated on the outskirts of greenpoint, in the back of a dingy building, NOT ON A BEACH FRONT or anywhere near a leisurely beach and 20km from the location stated. The room looks like a staff quarters with a bunk bed, and could not possibly accommodate 3 adults. No aircon, no tv, no ventilation in the stuffy room, no kitchen, approximately 8 square meters and not the 35 we were promised. Furthermore the agent was staying in a room basically in our apartment!
The accommodation we were given did not have a beach front, did not have a sea view, did not have an indoor and outdoor pool, did not have a fitness center, BBG facilities or water sport as stated on the website as promised. The pictures did not match what we were given. The original pictures are just given to lure you in and think you are given a beach apartment.
When we tried to negotiate to go to the location in our contract, the agent stated that these apartments were double what we had paid and was booked up.
We were explaining this to booking.com to try resolve the situation. All they suggested is we get a refund of the accommodation and werent even helpful. Where were we to find accommodation so late on Christmas day? We had paid so much money for flights and were stuck in a city that was fully booked up over the Christmas season with nowhere to stay! (see attached pics of what we paid for, and what we got)

angelar93
12/25/16

Says no worries, can cancel at anytime. Cancelled, charged an $89 cancellation fee. Wow. The hotel chain charges $30, but booking.com I guess likes to gouge its users. Not using them again.

henryd43
12/23/16

I currently have lot of issues with cancellation. I made a booking with booking.com for my family for the Ban Chom Samed resort in Ko Samet (Thailand) and the cancellation policy said that if the booking is cancelled before the 8 Dec 2016 I will pay only one day of accommodation. But despite a request for cancellation made in early November I just noticed that my credit card was debited with the tial amount of the booking $930. This is a lot for someone who doesn't earn much and worked so hard to make his family happy.

When I requested the cancellation in early November 2016. I received a message from booking.com saying that: i) I cannot modify my booking until they come back to me (and my booking page was blocked) and ii) they have contacted the hotel and they will come back to me in 48 hours. They didn't come back as promised and after several reminders I received an email suggesting me to contact the hotel. I have called the hotel to explain them i cancel my booking and it costed me several calls for them to understand me. I asked the hotel to send me confirmation of the cancellatoon they told me that they don't have my contsct and according to the contract they have woth booking.com they cannot contact me directly. They will contact booking.com which will confirm me the cancellation. Despite several emails to booking.com, I received the same responses from booking.com saying that they have cobtacted the hotel and my booking page showing the same thing and content except the costs of cancellation that have increased to the total amount of the booking.

Im ready to share with anyone who is interested the proof of what I said.

Also if any lawyer interested to defend this case to court, I'm ready to provide 1/3 of any income

ellenh36
12/23/16

Booking.com said the hotel was 1/2 mile from my location so I booked, drive the 1/2 mile only to find out that the one they advertised was actually 15 minutes away, downtown. Not the convenient 1/2 mile they stated on the Internet. I cancelled within an hour due to the misinformation and received a message that I would be charged anyway. Country Inn & Suites policy states that I will be charged one night if I cancel. I'm still trying to find out if Booking is planning on charging my credit card. Their misinformation just created a hassle I didn't need. Don't trust too quickly!

musam2
12/23/16

I booked the manhattan broadway hotel through booking.com. However a day before the planned check-in date, I requested the cancellation of the reservation due to the brutal weather in New York. Initially I was happy to have received the acknowledgement of my request to cancel and clearly mentioned they have contacted the hotel to cancel the reservation. Unfortunately for me I received debit notification from my bank for the full value of the reservation implying that the reservation was not cancelled. I wrote to the hotel to clarify my situation, sharing the initial mail I received from booking.com. The hotel insisted that the booking was not cancelled by booking.com and was a no-show in the system. Long story short, after about 20 mails I just gave up considering the fact that the value in question is about $250 and is not worth me wasting precious time that I could have achieved something important putting myself through the quagmire created by the incompetence of the booking.com personnel.
My advice to you guys: Just be careful. I lost $250 now but you might end up loosing $2000 if you book through these people. I hope no one will go through what i just went through in the hand of these people.

barnetl1
12/21/16

When I made the reservation through booking.com, in BIG BOLD letters, it said : "Free Cancellation."

Later, I received my email confirmation.

Like many people, I was busy and didn't study the fine print. Only there does booking.com mention any cancellation fee.

I called them, they said to call the hotel, and of course the hotel refused to waive the fee.

I spoke to Jamie Miller, the manager of the hotel, on 12/21/16. I politely summarized my experience and request for a refund. She said "look up the fine print," and hung up on me.

BAD BUSINESS!

I got stung. Booking.com DELIBERATELY set me up, and Jamie Miller and Howard Johnson's are complicit in this deceptive practice.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE BOOKING.com

sallyc35
12/20/16

They charged me a night for an hotel I didn't stay or reserved

rachels125
12/20/16

Has anyone been mislead with the cost of the booking from booking.com? Agreed in UK £'s only to be sent an email confirmation in dirham and been over charged by £700. No one will refund, customer services have been extremely rude and unhelpful. Any advice?

I am about to take this to every social media site and ask to check all their foreign bookings and see if they had been over charged like me as I have a feeling I am not the only one who has been mislead, surely this has happened before......its very fraudulent and I hope they get caught out.

richardl152
12/18/16

Constant emails, will not stop, will not respond. Don't use them you will be sorry.

georger95
12/16/16

The service is based on "Bait and Switch"
Put a Price out there that is Fake ... They will buckle and dime you to death

Do not use this service... they are going to do anything they can to get more money for the room price .. Quote you a low price (50% off is a total lie)
Scammers and lair' S in my opinion

luisu2
12/16/16

I like the constant flight special, keep it up.

strawberryf1
12/14/16

They lost credibility with me when they started with their "BOOK YOU" commercials. My daughter caught on to the work "book" used in place of "f--k". Why even go there? How desperate they must have been to resort to that kind of marketing.

gavine4
12/10/16

Made a reservation through booking.com for Mooihoek farm. Got a confirmation e-mail from booking.com. The number for the farm they gave was wrong, no way to contact farm. Drove 5 hours to get their and Mooihoek had no place available and where never told by booking.com about the reservatiomn. Had to find another place to stay 9pm at night.

giannisi
12/10/16

Do not trust Booking.com reviews for hotels - not accurate!!! They tend to present even the worst hotels as great places to stay. After checking on other sites I have confirmed that Booking.com reviews are not true on purpose - to mislead their clients!!!

richardf78
12/9/16

When checking into motel6 on hey 49 late Mrs Tina at the front desk was Curtious helpful and very knowledgeable and friendly, thanks for a great first impression at your motel 6, enjoyed my stay!

jackc129
12/4/16

A very good service for checking prices in the area you want to visit. However the occurring problems are better solved with the hotel itself. And one of my main rules when using this - if you booked something, bother yourself to call the hotel and check if it really is booked.

alisont23
12/3/16

Used booking.com to book apartments in Spain. Paid extra for pay at hotel and cancellation. They took the money straight out of my Visa, and also took the deposit which was also pay on arrival. Sent E mails to booking.com and just got told to mail the apartments direct. Also got charged a £100 visa check. I have now got the refund however I am still £100 short. DO NOT USE THIS SITE,

ss223
12/1/16

The site claimed that the hotel had airport shuttle service. It was one of the main reason that I chose this hotel. That wasn't the case. They claimed that if I sent in my receipt for car rental that they would see about reimbursement. Well we know how this story ends. Overall Booking.com's error cost me more money than had I just booked a hotel closer to town. Stay away from these dishonest people.

annap74
11/29/16

When you use Booking and everything is ok - they are good, but with the minimum problem - I'm afraid that no solution will be offered. My hotel changed the conditions after the reservation and didn't make a refund --- booking remained on the side of the hotel

Tip for consumers: don't use

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

91 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question