US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jackc129
12/4/16

A very good service for checking prices in the area you want to visit. However the occurring problems are better solved with the hotel itself. And one of my main rules when using this - if you booked something, bother yourself to call the hotel and check if it really is booked.

alisont23
12/3/16

Used booking.com to book apartments in Spain. Paid extra for pay at hotel and cancellation. They took the money straight out of my Visa, and also took the deposit which was also pay on arrival. Sent E mails to booking.com and just got told to mail the apartments direct. Also got charged a £100 visa check. I have now got the refund however I am still £100 short. DO NOT USE THIS SITE,

ss223
12/1/16

The site claimed that the hotel had airport shuttle service. It was one of the main reason that I chose this hotel. That wasn't the case. They claimed that if I sent in my receipt for car rental that they would see about reimbursement. Well we know how this story ends. Overall Booking.com's error cost me more money than had I just booked a hotel closer to town. Stay away from these dishonest people.

annap74
11/29/16

When you use Booking and everything is ok - they are good, but with the minimum problem - I'm afraid that no solution will be offered. My hotel changed the conditions after the reservation and didn't make a refund --- booking remained on the side of the hotel

Tip for consumers: don't use

tinam108
11/26/16

I booked a Hotel through Booking.com drove 43 miles to Merriville Indiana to Comfort Inn Suites got ready to check-in and the front desk clerk advised me that I didn't have a confirmation. Booking.com never put it through, never again will I use this company and they weren't' even remorseful.

brianf99
11/26/16

Twice this has happened to me with Booking.com. The first time I booked a room at a highly rated place which I did not realize was a B&B. Got there after a long trip and the place was locked up despite it being only 6 PM. The "manager" who I contacted by phone said he was out "helping a client" and would not be back for at least an hour. We were left on the street in the cold with all our luggage. Fortunately with Google we found a hotel within walking distance. The sleazy operator tried to charge me for the room as a no show and later, reading reviews, it appears he does that often. Booking.com does not allow reviews unless you stay there. The second incident, an apartment, cancelled the reservation one day before our arrival and only because we contacted the manager. We had to scramble to find an alternative. Again, I cannot post reviews on such unethical business practices because Booking.com does not allow them. They also do not penalize these bad operators. At the very least they should deduct a point off of the rating of the facility. Booking.com is only in it for the money and doesn't give a damn about the customers.

davido99
11/23/16

I book a lot of hotels, probably about 100 nights per year for work and leisure. I have come to the conclusion that booking.com is by far inferior to the other hotel comparison sites. The main reason is that it doesn't advertise the true cost until the very last stage and only in the small print. I have just stayed at a hotel which initially looked good value, but there was then 15% added for vat, 4% for city tax, I had to pay for all electricity I used and wifi was also extra. I definitely could have got a better price if I had gone to another hotel which showed the true price in the original advert.

davidf217
11/21/16

My 90 year old Mom got screwed by this dishonest company acting as if they're the Marriott official Hotel, then booking much higher price than what the Marriott own website shows, and then to add insult to injury they stated the Marriott does not offer senior discounts which they and most Hotels certainly do. I later (when I found out) booked directly with the Marriott saving $100s (2 rooms for just 2 nights), and then had their booking cancelled. Do not do business with this company. Priceline made a serious error.

cynthiap43
11/15/16

I booked through Booking.com and booked Stampede Hotel in Tombstone. The offered "cottages" of all sizes. When I arrived I was taken to my "cottage", it was an old beat up mobile home with a broken down truck in the driveway and 2 broken down cars in the adjoining driveway. Also used car parts piled up next to the stair landing of the mobile home. I did not go into the place and told them I booked a "cottage" not that! I contacted Booking.com and they said that the owner of Stampede Cottages didn't want to return my money so, too bad for me! I even sent Booking .com photos of the place and made it clear that it was not even close to what was advertised. They didn't care. I did let Booking.com know that I would not book with them again since they allow cites that completely misrepresent the facility. Never again!
Be careful because the Stampede cottages is also offered on other booking cites. Maybe they dont know what they're offering but I know for certain the Booking.com knows now!

frankw82
11/10/16

My 7th trip via this site is to be in two weeks. Never had any issues with accomodation or whatever I ordered.

graemew4
11/8/16

I used to go through AGODA but their website is now terrible. Booking.com has fine tuned their website so that it is very functional. Under My Bookings they list each booking with a prominent check-in & check-out date in chronological order, you can send the booking to your smart phone that then links to Google Maps with the location of each hotel shown on the map. If you download "offline" maps from Google you can use your phone as a GPS to locate your hotel - a fantastic benefit when travelling. Of course you can also use the booking on your smart phone to book-in to the hotel instead of printing the booking confirmation. Just love the technology & seamless linking of all facets that Booking.com have done.

sarae13
11/8/16

This website is horrible. I scheduled a two night hotel stay here, and when I got to the hotel, they told me they had already been booked for over 24 hours and that it was the fault of Booking.com. After being in their lobby for an hour, I was finally redirected to another hotel (after the booking.com people told me that they "might" be able to reimburse me, after I rebooked another hotel by myself. Not the most convenient). When I was getting off the phone with Samantha, she told me any other expenses I had that weekend, as well as some of my hotel stay, would be covered. I just received an email stating now I am only being offered TWENTYFIVE DOLLARS. Not only was the new hotel about thirty minutes away, while I drive a V8 sports car that is not good on gas, the new hotel did not have complementary breakfast either. So 25 dollars to cover that, and the other expenses I submitted, after you guys made a mistake on a $400 booking? NEVER AGAIN. Horrible customer service, and you do not even stand up to your promises. I am going to make this known on all travel sites and ratings. Is this the best you can do?

maryl286
11/8/16

I used bookng.com for hotel resevation in NYC and inadvertingly booked the hotel twice since the first email about hotel confirmation was not received and asked for repayment (credit card). I submitted payment again and finally received the email confirmation. I contacted bookng.com to cancel out 2nd reservation and they were unable to do so. booking.com said to contact the hotel directly which I did, and they informed me to deal with booking. com. After several attempts i got absolutely nowhere with booking.com. and the 2nd hotel confirmation is now posted to the credit card.. Going forward, I will be avoiding making all future hotel & travel reservations through the booking.com website, due to horrendous customer service.

iuliat1
10/26/16

at 1 october i was in a trip in athens.i make a reservation by booking.com and when i arive, the hotel mistake my reservation,book that room to another person and i didn't have where to stay...i call at booking and say to book another hotel(the new hotel was more expensive and much better) and because it was the hotel mistake, they refound me all the money that i pay for new hotel...the booking.com was very profesional and the staf was grate...for all my futur trip i will use only booking.com

juliand19
10/24/16

Toured through Europe for 6 weeks.Stayed at numerous Booking.com hotels.Got double charged at 2.Charged by an additional one that they don't have a record of but was listed.Charged for yet another that we cancelled.Have only been offered 25 Euro on two.One of which didn't hold our reservation. Back and forth showing credit card statements for 3weeks to customer service and still no resolution.Pathetic!!!

gaynellb1
10/23/16

Will never used them again I booked a room on for oct 21 on the 3 of oct cancel it on the 10 on line got my confirmation email and pin then the money was on my card on the 22 of oct when I call they wanted a copy of my bank account even after I gave them all the information bank advise me not to do that so sent a email telling them that and have no replied

tammyp43
10/21/16

The representative i spoke to today in regards to cancelling a reservation was very rude, wouldn't stop talking to hear what i had to say, talked over me whenever i tried to say anything and really made me feel super unimportant. Will NEVER book through them again. Trivago and Expedia just gained mine, my friends AND my family's business!

rajkumarp
10/21/16

I had booked an accommodation at Trichy, South India, through Booking.com. I was charged 2,200 + taxes for a single occupancy. When I reached the hotel, I checked the Tariff card which had the same rate. Then what is that these people are talking about offering best prices. When I had to extend my stay, I did a direct booking with the same hotel and could get a rate of Rs.2,200 - all inclusive for the same room. If I can get a better rate through direct interaction, then where is the need to book through Booking.com?? I would suggest all customers to call up their preferred hotel directly before booking through such portals..there are chances that you get 10-20% discount. Booing.com has just breached the trust and confidence I had in them.

dianed62
10/20/16

Booked an overseas hotel with booking.com in Jan. 2016 for travel in Jan. 2017. Despite searching all over the hotel's page and booking.com policy, could find no info. regarding deposit requirements. They took the entire amount off my credit card with 2 minutes! Plans changed and I cancelled at the beginning of September. I recieved nothing from booking.com after I cancelled, especially a refund, but no confirmation either. I had to call to get a confirmation that I cancelled well within the full refund period. It is now end of October, and I still haven't received a cent back! They know I paid them in full 10 months ago but now I have to "prove" to them that I did! I have moved within this time period and can't locate my credit card statement from 10 months ago and my online credit card account of the transaction is not satisfactory to them so they will not refund my money! Book your travel with anyone but booking.com!!

sarahk102
10/20/16

Booked a room for 2 nights online, and come to find that they booked it for the wrong nights! After getting an email along the lines of "you didn't show up" I called booking.com. The best they could do was call the hotel to ask them to not charge me a no-show fee. When they were unsuccessful it was up to me to do their dirty work. No offers to do anything further, despite the fact that it was their fault. Now I'm out the money and will tell everyone I know to never book with booking.com.

paulr188
10/19/16

used booking.com to book 3 rooms in Florida for me and my family, website said £1830, there was a bit about extra room charges but did not think this would amount to much, so imagine my surprise when total cost was £2700!! My complaint is, if these charges have to paid why were they not included in the initial holiday amount? i feel I have been duped over this, a holiday cost is what you base your choice on, not 2 thirds of it, once i got over the shock i checked and it would have been cheaper to have a package holiday instead!!!

johnr396
10/19/16

I was a hotel owner, trying them out for the first time.

Its over 3months from the first client booking and booking.com have NOT PAID ME, despite 30 or more phone calls and emails.

They released a VirtualCredit card service for hotel owner/partners which from an IT / process perspective doesnt work in a reliable and tested way. It is NOT fit for purpose. -which they will not admit to-

Customer service is patchy/poorly trained, rarely take notes and never take concrete steps or heaven forbid, OWNERSHIP! and are expert in passing the buck.

I can seriously say that I am considering legal action as there word has absolutely NO VALUE WHAT EVER. and I have entirely exhausted all reasonable means. Thank god I dont rely on them or I would be out of business.

Yes I am also considering visitng The London HQ personally to get paid....

Use another OTA (on line travel agency)... these guys absolutely suck!
John Ready

cortneyw2
10/18/16

I stayed in motel 6 at 1010 n Garnette Rd Tulsa airport checked in late last night the front desk clerk was really nice and this morning the morning staff was amazing as well Jason was a great help and did an awesome job and the room was clean and just had an over all excellent stay I will return back to the hotel for future stays

gregr49
10/16/16

Don't trust them!
I used booking .com in the past and it worked excellent five stars.
Not any more the last two times I have used them they messed up huge.
The first time they changed the dates of our reservation in Brasilia. We arrived at the Windsor to find no room. The hotel had only 2 rooms left due to cancelations both far more expensive but they gave then to us for what we had paid. Booking.com did nothing.

OK stuff happens so I gave them another try.
This time checking carefully that dates rooms and ability to cancel were correct

When I got my conformation email again wrong dates one of the two rooms I had booked was the wrong type and the reservation was now nonrefundable.

I will never use them again and neither should you.

matthewl53
10/13/16

Had used the website a number of times with no problems until recently when I checked into a hotel with filthy rooms. After complaints and little action from the hotel I was forced to check out. The hotel refused to give a refund and when I brought this up with Booking.com they practically washed there hands of it. I'm £600 down as a result and would never us the website again.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

88 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question