Review of Booking.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

bobb1216
3/28/17

I booked with them for a stay with a company called "one perfect stay" in Dubai. I was living in Dubai and was leaving so needed with my wife one week somewhere as we had left our full time home. The apt was supposed to be a luxury 2 bed however it was filthy, broken stuff, doors, cupboards. Washing machines. I spoke to the owner who was an disgrace and only offered a measly amount in compensation, basically she was a liar as she advertised something that did not exist however she still took our money. We left one day early, I contacted booking.com and they offered a disgustingly low amount. I will never use this terrible company again as they just say they are the middle man and boo hoo for you. Useless company as you will see from the terrible reviews they have been given. Boycott...

brendar72
3/28/17

I used Booking.com to make reservations at a hotel. Thirty minutes later, I received a sales call from some resort. Twelve hours later, I looked at my gmail account and there were literally hundreds of unsolicited emails from vendors trying to sell me something or get me to sign up for something. Then my cellular provider sent me an order confirmation for a $750 iphone that I did not order, Sears Credit Card sent me my online statement (I do not have a credit card with Sears). I have never had these problems before. I ended up having to change all my passwords, set up extra security measures and filed a fraud alert on my credit report.

caesarr
3/26/17

I'm just going to make this simple. I went to booking.com because of their tempting low prices. Everything seems to work fine. However, I noticed on my bank statement that I was charged twice so I went to submit a report online. It required my bank statement, booking number etc. It was a lot of hassle for me but I need my money back. They said they will contact me back in 48 hours. 2 weeks later, no email or call back. I cantacted them again and now they're asking for my reciept which I do not have anymore. This just shows that booking.com is a SCAM.

brettb24
3/24/17

I booked a hotel using this site first week of Feb 2017 (I was required to put a deposit on the hotel), to travel in May 2017. I found something cheaper, attempted to price match, they would not. So, I cancelled my reservation on Feb 12, after 3 phone calls, 12 emails, and 5 WEEKS later I finally received my initial deposit.
I sent them a copy of everything they required, my bank statement (which I find odd in itself, as they have record of my deposit because they sent me the receipt for it), I also provided the email cancelling my reservation (odd again, they sent me confirmation the reservation was cancelled and I would receive the deposit back). Mind you, I sent that information 2 days after cancelling, they sent me an email requesting the above information.
Terrible customer service...I waited on the phone an average of 30-45 minutes each time I called.

kellis19
3/23/17

Booking.com does not ensure that properties in India (and likely other countries) fully disclose their policies. My fiance and I were turned away from a hotel in Mumbai in January because we were not married. It was more than just an inconvenience, it was completely disastrous. I phoned in and advised Booking.com of the situation, they didn't follow up with me as promised so I emailed them back two weeks later. When I asked for more compensation than just the extra expenses incurred, that email was completely ignored. I'm not asking for a lot, more just a sincere acknowledgement of our experience and the willingness to fix the issue so others don't experience the same thing. I also noticed my review that was intended to warn others about the property's policy was removed in the last couple days. The hotel's profile has still not been updated to include this very important policy even though Booking.com said they were working with the hotel to have this updated. Other properties in Mumbai mention this policy so Booking.com should make sure it's posted where applicable. Just want people to know that Booking.com doesn't care if policies that might affect your travel plans are fully disclosed. Booking.com makes a lot of money but doesn't care when things don't go smoothly for their customers.

wendyw85
3/20/17

I am stuck with them for now. I need this reservation and can't afford another. I booked a hotel reservation though booking.com. I chose the refundable reservation with free cancelation. I have an email that tells me this. They charged my card and changed my reservation based on a mostly invisible box that was left checked. I have tried to reach out to them through their contact information. I was unable to reach a human, waiting 20 minutes on the automated line, twice. Further investigation shows that I am not alone and these people just don't care. I would suggest avoiding all companies under the parent company Priceline Group. I know I will be avoiding them.

reneeq2
3/17/17

DDO NOT BOOK THROUGH BOOKING..COM
WARNING DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!! MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE!!! ALL FLIGHTS TO NYC WERE CANCELLED DUE TO A BLIZZARD!!! MASS TRANIT WAS EVEN SHUT DOWN IN NYC WHICH IS UNHEARD OF. WE CALLED SPAIN WHERE THE MANAGER RESIDES SEVERAL TIMES BUT NEVER RECIEVED A RETURN CALL. WHEN FLIGHTS WERE ALL CANCELLED 2 DAYS BEFORE OUR TRIP FROM TEXAS TO NYC. WE BEGAN CALLING TO EXPLAIN THE SITUATION. WHEN WE FINALLY GOT SOMEONE ON THE PHONE THE DAY BEFORE WE WERE SCHEDULED TO CHECK IN, THEY REFUSED ANY SORT OF REFUND OR CREDIT FOR A FURURE DATE. THE ARROGANT MANAGER ONLY RESPONDED "ITS BUSINESS". AS A FAMILY OF 6, WE THOUGHT THIS WAS A BETTER OPTION THAN BOOKING AJOINING HOTEL ROOMS BUT IN THE LONG RUN DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY WAS A HORRIFIC AND COSTLY CHOICE AS ANY REASONABLE, HONEST BUSINESS WOULD HAVE AT LEAST GIVEN A CREDIT TOWARD A FURURE BOOKING INSTEAD WE PAID $300 A NIGHT FOR NOTHING DUE TO THE MANAGERS GREED!

jeffw98
3/16/17

On 02.18.2017, I booked an all-inclusive five night vacation for one adult (meeting friends at same hotel for 40th birthday) totaling $559.35 USD @ Gran Caribe Resort & Spa. The room I booked was a junior suite with ocean view. NOW, on 03.15.2017, I received an email from Liza Liu from Booking.com indicating there was an error in the rates for my booking. Liza's indicates the actual rate is $1,023.20 USD. She asks me to please consider this offer. Are you kidding me? NO, I will not consider the offer of almost double the rate I have been confirmed at. I then received an additional offer of $860.54 USD via email from Liza. What the heck? I am not buying a car here, I should NOT be haggling! I have been booked and confirmed for $559.35 USD. Whatever incorrectly loaded rates is not my problem or issue! This is a classic case of bait and switch, and is illegal. Let me reiterate I was booked and confirmed for the above mentioned room for $559.35 USD for five evenings. I am being completely taken advantage of! STAY AWAY from Booking.com!!!!! I gave them one more opportunity to step-up to the plate and called their customer service. However, the representative said, sorry, the rate for your stay is $1,023.20. I told her to cancel the reservation, which she did. Why must I as the consumer pay the price for someone else's mistake? Booking.com refuses to honor the rate I was booked and confirmed for. NOW, I am missing a friend's 40th birthday celebration due to Booking.com and their inept staff. I will be contacting the attorney general for further action. No other consumers/customers should have to go through this experience! What a disappointment!!!!!

sankarg2
3/15/17

Stayed in Fab madhurasa,udaipur.Hotel is good, effective help desk,clean ,hot water.3 storied,total 9 rooms,no lift,no restaurant ,breakfast needs improvement.

janisp5
3/14/17

Used Booking.Com to make two day reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn for 3/14/17 to 3/16 2017. I Had to cancel 3/13/2107 because of the oncoming blizzard. There was no way that I could drive the two and a quarter hour drive through a blizzard!
I paid the entire cost on my credit card when I made the reservation. I was told I would not get my money refunded. It is not fair or good business. Needless to say I will never use Booking.com again.

srinivasanv
3/12/17

EXCELLENT STAY WELL EXPERIENCED STAFF GOOD SERVICE WHERE I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT'S A NEW PROPERTY IN COIMBATORE VERY NEAR TO AIRPORT,TIDEL PARK,CODISSIA TRADE FAIR FOOD WAS AWESOME IT'S WORTHABLE FOR MONEY I PREFER TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND COLLEGES TO STAY I LIKE TO STAY AGAIN WHEN EVER I COME TO COIMBATORE

mitzis4
3/12/17

Dont ever go through booking.com. We went on vacation and thought we had a 3 bedroom house rented but the day we left to go to Florida from Indiana I called to confirm and was informed had been cancelled now I booked this house in Jan. and vacation was in March. So for 24 hours while driving I tried to get someone to help me as I was told if anything happened they would make it right. That never happened and when we got to Florida we were on our own and no place to stay. The property name is Last minute Vacation homes in Kississmi Fl dont ever go there either they will never call or e-mail you back I never once heard from them after several attempts.

brendas129
3/11/17

I am furious as I Booking.com's website states that you price match but I was turned down even thought my sister just booked a room at the same hotel during the same time for $81.25 less a night.

albatrossm
3/9/17

I booked a cabin in Healy Alaska last December of 2017 for July 2017 occupancy. I received an email from booking.com that I no longer have this reservation four months after booking. Booking.com said that they tried to reach me but could not. Truth is That they never did. Booking.com, never left a phone number to call back also said they did not have alternative accommodation for me. I looked for their contact number and it was difficult to find. When I finally talked to a customer service, they found me an airbnb place. However, the airbnb was more expensive than my original cabin. I was stuck with paying higher price. I complained with an email and asked booking.com to cancel my original booking. However, booking.com never replied my email even after a reminder. Basically, booking.com is a place that will not respond to your email nor will compensate for your loss even if you are being inconvenience. It's also difficult to cancel your booking. Buyers be aware!! I will not do business with this place again.

sarahj185
3/8/17

I booked with booking.com due to the death of my husband I decided to cancel as it would have been too painful as it would have been our anniversary,as I didn't have the booking reference number,booking.com wouldn't let me cancel..the customer service over the phone was disgraceful,I explained my situation...and it was 3 months before the actual stay and it was refundable,yet I couldn't cancel unless I had the booking number,explained I didn't have it as my husband had booked it...but still nothing...so 3 months down the line I had the Payment taken out of my account,but the customer service was disposable and wouldn't wish my experience on anyone!!!

benw69
3/7/17

Made hotel reservations through their website but noticed the date for our reservation changed after I clicked submit. Called immediately to have it fixed and the representative assured that it was corrected (and even sent email confirmation with the correct date). When we arrived at the hotel they had no record of our reservation. They eventually found it under an entirely different incorrect day. If the hotel hadn't still had a spare room that night, we would have been stuck in our van at 4am. Never ever again.

stevew216
3/7/17

The most user friendly booking site I've found. You can easily use the filter (stars, price range, location). I've booked a hotel in Russia for an upcoming trip and so far trivago is perfect.

randyw48
3/7/17

I booked online only to find out the rate at the hotel was substantially cheaper when I arrived to check in. Booking.COM does not price match and they do not have a customer service team it seems. You get to wait on hold for atleast 30 mins with a call to the Netherlands and then they will not offer you any solutions. Terrible service. I have deleted the APP and I would recommend you do the same unless you want to be over charged.

garyk63
3/6/17

We booked a non-refundable hotel room and had a hard time finding a way to cancel. I was able to submit a cancellation and requested a waiver because of a death in the family. The hotel said I needed to go through Booking. Booking talked to the hotel but did not know of the cancellation circumstances and the hotel refused to waive the cancellation fee. Booking said I needed to talk to the hotel about the circumstances. The hotel said they would waive the cancellation fee with proof of death, which I expected.

Basically the cancellation is a big run around sending you back and forth between Booking and the hotel.

Tip for consumers: Look for free cancellation anywhere.

dislikeb
3/6/17

Not only do they charge huge commissions to the hotels, they advertise lowest prices, red texts last room, etc, this is never a true fact. You can always book cheaper or at least get a price match if you book directly. On top by booking directly you will get a better room and a better service.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it to book, use it as a search engine.

dm437
3/4/17

I recently booked a room for two nights on Booking.com. The rate in NYC was advertised on their website as $516.80 for 2 nights +14.75% tax +3.50 a day city tax. I took a screen shot of this rate on my computer at 12:55pm before I selected the "reserve it" tab on my computer. The total for 2 nights including all taxes should have been $600.03, but when I received my confirmation at 1:00pm, my billl was for $678.00! Despite my submitting this screen shot to their customer service dept., they claimed the reservation was not cancelable. I spoke to 2 different agents including a supervisor and all they did was stonewall. Finally in desperation I called the hotel directly and after learning of my situation, they agreed to cancel the reservation for me as a onetime courtesy. Don't use these crooks!

aneesht1
3/3/17

with reference to booking number 1781915531 for 28-02-2017 , I was denied any room availability since they did not hold my booking. I was left completely stranded @. 4.30 am in the morning. This is extremely disappointing and disgraceful on both bookings.com part and parkside suits dubai and from next time I ensure myself not to book through booking.com and to parkside suites

tatjanaj1
3/3/17

Do not believe when is writing Free cancellation it is not true, they take 30 % prepayment and you will never get your money back

rtmv1
3/2/17

Love this hotel guy at front desk is so nice and kind . hotel is very clean big and awesome. They have every thing you need . our house keeper was so friendly and nice . they make you feel respected and they make you smile . if you need a hotel to stay at weather its cuz ur on vacation or a road trip or are waiting to move in to a new apartment or house or Ur on business this is the place to stay I highly recommend it . give Country Inn & Suites - West Seneca by Carlton

ericg82
3/2/17

I booked with this site for one night at hotel they represent ,there confirmation e-mail i got did not any details on the hotel policies .Found out through the hotel no refunds for any reason .
Booking .com were very unprofessional and basically will and did nothing,

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

96 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Booking.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question