Review of Wal Mart

Tel: 1 (800) 328-0402
help.cs@walmart.ca

sanjeevr9
12/23/19
hi do not order from walmart.ca
they have worst customer service for online orders i already spend 2 months getting a refund for an order online which walmart store lost in shipping and in their system.
Now customer service took one month already and have not issued a refund. this is worst customer experience for a online order stay away from walmart.ca
behnaza2
12/20/19
WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT BY SHOPPING ONLINE AT WALMART!!!!

I will NEVER EVER EVER again buy from walmart online , i purchased all my christmas gifts from walmart 2 months in advance incase to have them all on time. they left me with no christmas gifts few days before christmas , they made me to contact third party which i didn't even know some of them were coming from far , all i knew i trusted walmart and i used my credit card ,it's not my responsibility to deal with zimbabwe , south africa or china where items come from , anyways emails after emails , i only received one out of all the orders that got lost in transit .it's kinda hard to believe all orders got lost at the same time ,i got frustrated and tired of following up my orders so i asked for refund. promise after promise nothing happened. after several calls took me half a day i insist to talk to their supervisor , one of staff hanged up the phone , the other one put on hold at least 20 mins , finally supervisor told me i should receive my refund in about 6 days and they address me to the email for higher complain here to help .ca . 1: Lost my time for 2 months and no gifts for christmas. 2: i have to run crazy to buy all the gifts few days left to christmas and NOW ON TOP OF IT i have to fight to get my money back. this is INSANE. i REGRET it so much that why didn't i buy all my gifts from AMAZON . no matter what walmart lost my trust as a customer . PLEASE DON'T BUY YOUR SPECIAL EVENT GIFTS FROM WALMART , YOU WILL BE LEFT WITH NOTHING IN HAND .
davidl1792
12/14/19
If I can I won't give it a star. What a bad experience I have. First time order on line from Walmart on Nov 29. Received an email on Nov 30 saying the order was shipped that day. Estimate arrival time Dec 9. Nothing happen after that email. Click on the tracking number. It brought up an IP address but going no where. Went to the store that my item suppose to ship to. They know nothing about where the order is. Phoned the online store phone number talked to a associate. Telling me it is in transit. Estimate arrival date changed to Dec 27. I ask him where they ship it from? He keep saying sorry. Do they ship the product by bicycle. Take a whole month to get it. They keep saying they shipped on Nov 30. Don't make any sense. Won't order from Walmart online any more. It is so unprofessional.
gillesl23
12/14/19
I made an order on Nov.25,2019 for a delivery at a local Walmart store.(Order *******461).On Nov.27 Walmart advised that the item had been sent and said to wait for an email to pick it up in the store.The estimated arrival time for the shipment was Dec.8,2019.Walmart charged my credit card.Naturally, their tracking system does not work and could not track their shipment.On Dec.12,2019, I sent an email to Walmart and advised them that I had not yet received the order.(question reference *******00304).On the same day Alvin A from Walmart sent me an email saying that : If you're no longer willing to wait for your order,we can proceed with a refund....please advise and contact us again at *****@walmart.com. I asked for a refund on Dec.13 and received an email from Walmart employee Michelle A(question reference *******00153) that said: I understand that you want a refund for the item that you placed in Walmart.ca.To further assist you in this matter,kindly contact the store directly to advise them that you are no longer interested in the item.rest assured that our Store Associates will be happy to help with this.I went to the store and the employee called Walmart.ca.After 10 minutes, she told me that the refund was already made.i verified on my credit card and have not received the refund.Never again !!!!!!
huguesc1
12/11/19
Horrible expérience: J'ai acheté une chauffrette Seabreeze chez Walmart qui m'offrait une garantie de 2 ans. Après quelques mois, elle ne marche plus. La compagnie Seabreeze ne retourne pas mes appels et ont fini par fermer leur ligne téléphonique. J'appelle Walmart pour m'aider au moins à les rejoindre. On me répond: "On ne fait pas de service après-vente chez Walmart". Une vraie honte.
johns5223
12/9/19
Tried ordering a coffee maker online but they charged $70 for delivery for a $30 coffee maker.Can of shoe polish was $43 I'm sure it was a mistake but they should have someone check their online site for mistakes.There is also no one to call for customer service just keep getting a recorded message.Wish Walmart would go out of business they are a joke
mikem1415
11/28/19
Walmart Canada like most American retailers that come to Canada offer us terrible selection and pricing compared to their USA stores.

Arcade 1up products are a perfect example. In the USA you can actually buy these and play them in a store. Not in Canada. At least not that I have seen. In the USA for black Friday almost every single product this company sells is on sale. In Canada not even one is one sale for black Friday.

I guess Canadians don't deserve the same selection or pricing as far as Walmart is concerned.

I have been shopping online since the late 90's. My very first purchase at Walmart was October of 2018. I have never cared for Walmart. The only reason I purchased from them was because at the time they were the only one in Canada selling arcade 1up. I also made two purchases after this of other items.

These arcade 1up products are routinely being sold for $75 USD in American stores while we are being ripped off in Canada with $400 CAD and $500 CAD prices.

This is why I would never consider shopping at Walmart again. They clearly do not believe we deserve the same sales and selection as thier American customers.

The GTA is a massive retail sales area in North America. We deserve better service than this out of date retailer is providing us with.

Walmarts blu ray section is anemic at best if you filter out all of the third party sellers. Walmart USA has a huge selection. I want to buy from Walmart not your third party sellers. I guess this is why I buy from Amazon.

Arcade 1up is available at EB games, The Brick, Amazon.ca, London drugs and possibly other stores now. So Walmart is no longer needed.
shelbyk25
11/27/19
I had placed an order online for Walmart Canada on November 3rd. First thing I was never told it was an order with a third party, was never told it was being shipped from somewhere in china, when they had already taken my money and placed my order they had finally given me a tracking number to notify me of where it was coming from, I was only then advised that it was from somewhere in china they did not update the tracking of this order for the entire month. When I called and finally spoke with someone they said they would have someone look into this issue and call me back I NEVER received a phone call back. later that week I called back only then did they update me that they spoke with the seller and couldn't tell me where my item was only that it would be here sometime at the end of November closer to the 26th. Now I have been contacting them recently 3 times within the past few days as my item should have been here by now, I am being passed around to different agents being told their escalation team is looking into and they need more time to look into this matter this is the WORST experience I have ever had when ordering something online you would think being such a big Corporation they would be more professional and have their act together when dealing with customers I will never again order from Walmart and I will be advising anyone who asks to not order from them as well.
angelam576
11/24/19
You think you love croissants? Well, you've got to try the mulitigrain croissants. 10 in a package, perfect size, and only 3 dollars. Made instore is what really got me going. Thanks!
chers17
11/18/19
I've tried several times and won't bother again. They can't get anything right. Not the staff's fault. The system is just terrible. Still trying to get reimbursed for something that never showed up.
hongy14
10/24/19
Walmart.ca online does not allow you buy expensive items, such as vacuum, it will keep cancel the orders, I have ordered 5 times, and 5 times being cancelled!!!

Never experience such for any other online ordering, such as amazon, wayfair, costco.. do not order from Walmart.ca, and the customer service cannot even take the orders over the phone, what a horrible service!!!! Waste so much time!!!!
melmm
10/1/19
Never buy an expenssive item from walmart like a smart TV or specially an item sold by a third party! walmart will make it difficult to return the item and the reimbursment will be lost!!!
horrible service! I do not recommend. 2/10
karenl1055
9/24/19
i placed an online order today but decided to change delivery form my home to the store l the number asked if i wanted to talk to someone i never did it just keeps going around and around if you push o it hangs up on you its all about groceries now there customer service is really bad i guess i will just have to get it delivered to the original address but its the last time i order you just lost the rest of my Christmas list
louisp99
9/22/19
Just spent over 1 hour trying to place an online WalMart order. Okay to find items, but the checkout process is error prone and offers no easy remedies. Perhaps with all of their money they could hire someone to update their antiquated procedures.

I will NEVER shop WalMart online again and urge others to consider doing the same (if not now, then certainly after they have had their own exacerbating experience ...)
vt40
9/16/19
I have been ordering from Walmart.ca online since years ago, some good some bad but they always tried to compensate or resolve the problems efficiently. However, Walmart has implemented the Schedule Grocery Delivery last year and everything went downhill!!! They must believe it is a nice idea to charge customer delivery fee by promising next day delivery, unfortunately, they lack the manpower and proper inventory system to do so at their individual locations. I have order many items under Schedule Grocery Delivery due to their putting many of the non-food items under Grocery delivery only. Guess what, more then half of my order never delivered, the person just dropped off items and left. No followup email nor delivery document from them until I have to check ordering email and contacted them about so many items missing. They just said they won't charge me on the missing items, no explanation no further compensation. I just don't get why they put so many non-perishable items under Grocery Delivery order only and online showing in stock but ended up no stock during delivery. How am I going to know they have no stock? They accepted my online order on Friday and never mentioned anything about no stock before and after my order online which scheduled for Monday delivery to Vancouver, more then sufficient time for them to get ready or even notify me of any not in stock items. Even Save On Foods schedule grocery delivery handed out order receipts to customers during delivery and advising customer what missing or whether any problem in person or via email before or during delivery. Extremely disappointed on Walmart and I won't order from their Schedule Grocery Delivery again. The frustration and trouble and time can't justify the price...
darinn3
9/16/19
I had purchased a patio set and I would like to note that Sadia, one of the customer service manager at the Dundas and Trafalgar location, was a very professional manager, she was kind, sweet, patient, and caring, I as a customer was very satisfied with her amazing ability to help me out as much as she could! She went over and beyond. Thanks Sadia!
yosefk7
9/14/19
We ordered a Dresser on September 10 and they promised that we will recieve it on September 11. The item never ended up arriving and I had to call customer service. When I called no one was able to help me and they told me to call the courier. The courier then said that they do not have a shipping schedule and they will call me. Once again I called Walmart and they said there is nothing they can do. Finally, the courier brought the heavy Dresser and when they brough it, they let me know that they are not brining it upstaires, as per their contract with Walmart. My wife is disabled and I have back issues, therefore I was not able to lift 95 pounds. I called Walmart and asked for a refund, as they did not fully ship the item. Once I explained to them the situation, they did not want to return my money. I would not recommend Walmart, nor their courier. I had to ask help from my neighbours in order to get the item upstaires. Overall, the customer service on both ends is terrible. They do not seem to care very much about people who are disabled.
alanab28
8/27/19
I ordered something for my daughter on Aug 4th. Delivery was supposed to be on the 6th (I wasn't holding my breath for that). By the 12th I called to check the status, was told delivery would be on the 14th. By the 16th, still no delivery I called to figure it out, i was told it would be sent to the "escalation team" and that I would get a response within 48 hours. Hahaha! nothing of course. Every time I call I am "assured" that someone from this mysterious escalation team will contact me. I've now tried to cancel the order, but they won't do that as it is "in transit".
Ridiculous customer service - here is a tip, when a customer is upset don't thank them and don't make up promises. Agree that your company has messed up and actually get back to the customer. I will never buy anything from Walmart.ca again.
kristinat33
8/26/19
Don't Waste Your Time or Money!

My order was delivered early which is great, but it was SO wrong:
- 10 items were missing
- 9 out of 12 eggs squished
- Shampoo was wrong (sent 2 in 1 instead).
But that's not all, I also received 9LBS of butter and a litre of cream that I didn't order.
I asked the guy, wtf am I gonna do with 9LBS of butter!!??
He just says, well I can't take it back, call customer service.

After calling three times, once immediately upon receiving "my order", another time after an hour as instructed and again the following day; I managed to have a refund processed when the system finally updated.

I was promised to have $59.26 refunded to my account, but THAT IS NOT what happened. Instead of being refunded this amount, I was refunded $32.15 and BILLED for another $19.82 FOR NO REASON. Walmart now owes me $46.93, what a nightmare!!

So, I call customer service for the fourth time today, but they can only see that I was refunded but not the details of the specific transaction. I then offered to send them a copy of my bank statement to their customer service email and did so. Now I have to wait 24 to 48 hours for a response.

I just want this to be over...I deeply regret ever trying this service...
At least I got to keep the 9LBS of salted butter...ugh

Kristina :-(
tamarat49
8/25/19
My groceries are almost an hour late, no customer service, no communication. Done with WalMart!!!!!!
heatherg254
8/23/19
online orders- I place an online grocery order for pick-up and Walmart cancelled the order but would not return my money. The cancellation notice clearly states,
"You won't be charged for the cancelled items.
Authorization holds placed on your credit card for this order will automatically expire in accordance with your card issuer's policy."
Walmart refused to return my money ($205) and I had to wait a week for my bank to return it. 4 calls to customer service and every one including a manager lied to me to get me off the phone. NEVER ORDER GROCERIES ON LINE WITH WALMART!
pattir54
8/7/19
Placed an order with Walmart.ca at the end of July, 2019 for a crib, crib mattress and crib mattress sheet. The order was confirmed by email and I was looking forward to receiving the items to use in my home for my grandson. Not 10 minutes later an additional email arrived stating that the crib sheet could be picked up but the crib and mattress were not available at this time. A third email arrived stating the crib sheet could be picked up on August 6, 2019 while the crib and mattress could be pick up on August 7, 2019 and if there was any issue with this order, we would be notified by August 2, 2019.

Today, August 7, 2019 we went to the store and only the sheet was available. No one in management could locate the crib or mattress and now we are left with no furniture for our grandson to sleep in.

We are disappointed, disgusted and disgruntled. Walmart promised us the followed but never fulfilled their promise:
1. A crib, crib mattress and crib sheet.
2. An email no later than August 2, 2019 if the order could not be processed.
3. A crib and mattress to pick up on August 7, 2019.

We wasted time, gas and energy on something that they likely will never have in their inventory. We did not receive any email or phone call to let us know that there was no merchandise to be picked up and that in itself is the worst PR in the business.

We will NEVER shop at Walmart.ca again and we will be certain to share this negative experience with all our friends and family.
shanaa16
8/1/19
I would give Walmart.ca 0 stars but there was no option to do so. After talking to 2 agents without any success, I decided to cancel my order. I called the third time and asked the Walmart agent (named (JR) to cancel my order after frustration. The agent promised that the order would be cancelled within 5 business days. The next day I received an email that the order was on its way for delivery after I thought it was cancelled. Called customer service again and spoke with Nina who said she would speak to the carrier to cancel the delivery. She never called us back. Now we made a 5th call to customer service to explain the order should have been cancelled. No luck. Now the delivery is on its way and I have to go through a whole new process till I get my refund. I will never order from Walmart again. We j stead placed the same order with Amazon without any issues - fast and reliable. DO NOT TRUST Walmart
rebeccac320
7/28/19
A)If i wanted to go in store to purchase i would do it myself. Whats the point of online ordering if i have to leave my house to go to the store to pick it up?!
B) I have no need for some random walmart 45 min away to do it, when i have a walmart 15 min away but that store is not even an option to have the things delivered there.
Walmart is going backwards, hello Amazon!
noemif8
7/21/19
awful customer service!
I placed my first (and last!) grocery delivery order this past week with Walmart in Toronto. Six items were missing from my order, adding up to a total of $42, that was completely unaccounted for in their confirmation email notice to me about my order. They made zero effort to inform me that those items were not in stock I had to go out of my way to call them and try to trace what could have happened. Also, their delivery service policies are completely one-side (to Walmart's self-prioritization), with utter lack of regard for the customer's needs and fairness. They do not allow for any modifications to the delivery, they do not allow the customer to have access to their contracted shippers, they do not give you notification about missing items, nor do they make any effort to compensate for their errors, as most other major grocery delivery services would. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH WALMART! May the other online grocery delivery services are more pricey, but I can see why it's worth it to pay a little extra for other hassle-free order & delivery services who practice much more other-oriented customer relations.

Disgusting evil company.$70 for shipping charge on a $30 coffee maker.$43 for a can of shoe polish online

By John S.

Questions? Get answers from the Wal Mart staff and other customers.

Wal Mart?