Walmart Canada

Walmart Canada has a consumer rating of 1.29 stars from 296 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Walmart Canada most frequently mention customer service, third party and credit card problems. Walmart Canada ranks 378th among Discount Shopping sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 4.1%

No positive highlights yet

• As a Quality Manager, this has to be the absolute worst customer service I have ever come across in my 56 years.
  • Had to call my credit card company for potential fraud.
How would you rate Walmart Canada?

“Moss was very helpful in toys”

Lester B.
10/4/20

Moss went above and beyond to help me find was I was looking for at Walmart Marlborough mall in Calgary. This guy definitely deserves a raise. Very approachable and will to help unlike some people his age who just point to where it is, he took the time to walk me to where the games were to show me where the game I was looking for was. I will definitely come back to this store again with Christmas on its way. I have 2 young childred so I know I'll need his help finding stuff again. Thank you Mosa

“DO NOT USE WALMART DELIVERY - TERRIBLE”

Al S.
4/28/21

Repeated delivery issues Order delivery for 1-2 pm but the order gets delivered sometimes before 11am with nobody home. Last time on Friday Apr 22rd 2021 and the driver left the groceries at 11 am (2 hours early) Food was spoiled, milk was warm, all the frozen items were melted and vegetables were not kept cold. Had to reorder groceries from another supplier because everything was very unsatisfactory from Walmart. Waste of time. Worst company that delivers groceries. NOT RECOMMENDED

customer service (75) credit card (19) party seller (13)
als463
April 28th, 2021

Repeated delivery issues

Waste of time. Worst company that delivers groceries.

NOT RECOMMENDED

Tip for consumers:
Do not use Walmart for grocery delivery

Products used:
Most of the groceries were spoiled

nicolel538
May 5th, 2020

WORST customer service experience in my life... 2 hours and 40 minutes on the phone I am still stuck with a box of cleaning wipes when I ordered a tablet. Did a return 5 days ago shipping label promised in 48 hours. Still don't have it and ZERO resolution. Never again will I order from them. Zero answers and after all that told the shipping label would arrive in you guessed it 48 hours... they refused to transfer me to a supervisor or manager. Stay far away total ripoff

aldoc32
December 14th, 2020

I bought "Dempster's® Everything Bagels" as part of my online delivery order. Received this product with animal bites (would guess a rat) in the bag and the first bread of the bag. Marks are very irregular and a piece of the first bread is missing. This, in my opinion, is disgusting and shows poor management in how they store their products. No quality check either when their a fulfilling the delivery orders...

-- Walmart blocked my review on the product on their site about this

laurag1045
March 28th, 2021
Verified purchase

This site is crap, don't buy from there. My mother is a senor and purchased three items. Two of them were sold by a third party. This is dumb, one item is Fleecy which is sold by Walmart in the store. I was charged $15.00 for shipping on a 4L liquid jug of softener. The little box of face serum shipping was $43.10. This doesn't make sense. We asked for the $15.00 back in shipping charges. We heard no five times over a recorded conversation.

Just pay back the 15 shipping charge

Face cream, fabric softener

sharonh968
October 4th, 2020

Ordered online chest freezer. Delivery showed up with only ONE person to deliver. Finally got in house damaged with 2 huge dents. Called immediately and had to send pictures of damage. They said will respond in 48 hours no onexresponded 2 days later called and escalated waited again. Our of the blue no emails no calls the truck pulls in refuses to take as not wrapped in original way dropped off. R U KIDDING ME Called again wrapped it in boxes and taped back up. Escalated again 2 days no calls no emails... called again. So frustrated FREEZER STILL HERE WAITING PICK UP NOW 12 DAYS! NEVER ORDER ONLINE if you csnt carry it back!

hh137
April 27th, 2021

Bought a plain cotton tank top for $13.99 and was charged $19.99 for shipping. All Apparel Distributer gouged me big time and Walmart Canada does nothing about it. Never again. $150.00 order added $57.00 for shipping. All items were light weight apparel and delivered by Canada Post.
Not transparently itemized when checking out.
I am a very disappointed customer.

Tip for consumers:
Knowing I was going to spend another $19.00 on a lightweight tank top that valued at $13.99 I would not have purchased the item.
Shipping was not itemized at the time of payment.

Tank top

samil27
February 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

I do not like walmart in general.
I used to be a big Walmart shoppers, but after they started to hire some people with no ethics, I stopped going there.
I had many bad experiances shopping at thier stores.
But in the end of the day, you get what you pay for, cheaper items mean worse service.
They should work more on the HR and the customer service.

Tip for consumers:
If you value your money, do not brother shopping there

Products used:
Somewhere else from another retailer

sandora
September 13th, 2020

Ignored after $180 online grocery order GONE completely wrong.

Of the $180, received $80 worth, have contacted Walmart all week and ignored.

I do not recommend Walmart Canada - horrible service, orders are not completed correctly, produce products are below average, rotten, poor.

Missing half the order and 3 days later still waiting for my money back.

Sick in my stomach by this company.

donnaw157
December 16th, 2020

It's really too bad that the service has to be that bad that customers lose and leave that it's awful as well as the site simple tasks the instructions to do them do not match what they say so they waste people time which by the time a customer is done they are annoyed and frustrated to the point, of "no return". The capture below is an example of how bad it is, "try" to follow that! It just doesn't work from beginning so there is no finish this is only a small part of the dissatifaction!

jerryc526
June 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

After I bought my items at the Edmonton Northgate Walmart east exit, the store clerk, who was a Caucasian woman probably in her 60s singled me out to look at my receipt. After she looked at the receipt, she snubbed me with "Good enough". Other shoppers of Caucasian descent behind me didn't get checked. I'll definitely warn whoever I know of these to steer clear of this outfit.

fuckw3
April 23rd, 2020

They do not communicate with customers period. This should be 0 Star.
Two weeks after order is placed on an in stock item; it still has not shipped despite giving a 3-5 day shipping widow. We are well passed that now. Forget about trying to call their support line- no callbacks and the system auto hangs up after 15 mins. It is complete radio silence and no way to reach them to confirm or cancel.

Walmart online delivery is a 100% certified $#*! show.

jaspert9
August 25th, 2020

Order items from WALMART and apparently the items are from other seller not WALMART and had been contact the seller many times but didn't get any response and somehow walmart sent me an email assume I received the items and ask me to provide review, which I did but because of negative review they rejected me and sent me another email to provide Review again. Well they only take good reviews. Wow...! That's false info for consumers...

abes192
January 24th, 2020

Even one star is too much for them! Whole walmart.ca system is wrong and they can't get anything right. Every single time that I ordered, something went wrong and their horrible customer service are not willing to help and don't care about customers. Specially if you buy something from third party then they don't want to take any responsibilty inspite of shopping was done from walmart site.

lawrencev57
May 27th, 2021
Verified purchase

Worst online experience of my life. Double charged, missed delivery, unable to cancel, no way to escalate problem, support people unable to support and zero communications or updates.
Still have not received product, out $50, on my way to Canadian Tire to buy it for $25.
Was over optimistic on getting it resolved. It's been 2 weeks now, lots of shorts, no resolution.

dd640
January 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

Ordered over a month ago, package was supposed to arrive 2 weeks ago but it still isn't here. The tracking doesn't work (code keeps popping up as invalid) so I have no idea where the package is, reached out to both walmart and the shipping company and haven't received a response from either. Website doesn't even have a clear way to ask for a refund/new package for non grocery items

Was on the phone with customer service for over an hour, neither of us could hear each other properly and I was eventually hung up on and sent to a survey to rate them.

Hopefully I can sort something out with my bank instead because it was a pretty expensive mistake to order here, if you came across this site because the same thing happened to you I'd suggest doing the same because your package likely isn't coming

bent405
February 11th, 2021

The worst online shopping I experienced with a large company, it's like a scam you don't get refund, they have a worst customer service with no respect with client they don't listen to client with the fake survey that don't allow you to say no, I called 12 times spoke with even the supervisor but they are all the same
After 4 months of ordering I still don't get my refund.

keithh560
March 19th, 2021

So bad placed my order over month ago and still nothing. They keep send me to the 1800 # saying wait 3 business days I am sick of this bs and feel I should get some money back. I have spent so much money with Walmart. First and last order with them

lisad1402
January 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

Ordered on Jan 7. My item shipped, or so it said. A week later I received a refund with no explanation. It was sold by Universal Herbs. Poor customer service. Order #*******762. Look it up for yourself

kristim141
April 25th, 2020

Waited 3.5 hours on hold kept saying 3 min 12 min 1 min, they never answered and than it closed... my package is M. I. A no tracking and I cant get through to these idiots! Never using online again!

haileyh59
May 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

I paid into the express delivery. Did not recover my groceries. It is now the next day. Unable to cancel my order. Called Walmart Canada, one lady hung up on me after asking to speak to Manager about my problem and a refund... oh I called a total of 4 times. The lady lady said she would cancel my order and give me a refund but after talking to the other 3 people I do not trust their knowledge on how to resolve ANY situation. No confirmation email on the cancelation or money back. Contacted PayPal to submit a claim again Walmart Canada for not giving me my order and taking my money. $400 in limbo and 5 mouth to feed... not impressed with the Walmart Canada customer service. I'll never order online delivery again.

jasonl528
April 19th, 2020

Worst online return ever.
Auto respond email says "return label and instruction will be sent out within 48hrs" it's been over one week and still no email or instruction from Walmart. Went to store to return and they said "since online order return is already created, there is nothing we can do at the store. Please call customer care" but how do you call if no one is working? Was on hold for over 3hrs and no answer.

sueb510
December 10th, 2020

Walmart promised to contact the shipper of an item that cost $9.61 online but didn't after they charged me $18.95 for shipping in my own country. "Shipping is NOT free" contrary to Walmart's shipping webpage which states that shipping is "Free on orders above $35 before taxes." BEWARE! READ "The Walmart Effect." DON'T WORK FOR WALMART! Check out Wal-Mart Watch and Wake Up Wal-Mart.

terid38
May 1st, 2020

I ordered some eye drops online from Walmart. 3 weeks later the wrong order was delivered with my name and address on it. After 8 days of trying to get through to Walmart I finally got someone who said they would pick up the wrong order. 2 weeks later I've heard nothing and my money has still not been refunded. Their so-called customer service is totally non existent.

jf522
March 31st, 2020

I will give a zero or negative if these are options. The 3rd party products are likely scams! Take my money and no items arrived. Orders are not showing under my account, contact seller results in web site errors after many tries. Called help desk, waited for more than an hour and the CSR just told they will not refund me!

jass24
November 7th, 2020

Ordered online in Sep but picking location has No item No order information. Called numerous times customer service and emailed, No reply or call. Still in Nov waiting for item or Refund too bad experience Walmart.Ca. Loudly say NO Walmart.Ca and shopping with Amazon they are 110% better regarding shopping delivery and Returns if any problem happens.

Choose menu option 1 for grocery order and customer service will answer. Discovered in frustration, was going to say oops and ask for transfer to human but no need.

By Kandyce L.