Walmart Canada

Walmart Canada has a consumer rating of 1.35 stars from 167 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Walmart Canada also ranks 321st among Discount Shopping sites. The most common issues with Walmart Canada are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 3.2%

No positive highlights yet

• They have the worst online sales customer service I have ever encountered.
  • I ordered March 21 for an online pickup on March 28 and an hour before pick up they cancelled the whole order.
How would you rate Walmart Canada?

“Great Store in Sunny Tsawwassen”

Ildiko P.
6/15/20

Never have been a Walmart Shopper then one day this store opened up near me and low and behold I became a Walmart Shopper. I love the Manager there name is "Jared" I believe. He is always so helpful and nice as are the staff there. Our Walmart is always clean and tidy, not like some of the other ones Ive been too which has always put me off shopping there. They have done a super job with the Covid19 with the distancing, keeping the stores stocked as much as humanly possible, clear indicators where to stand and which way to go, wipe down on self serve check outs, great pricing on most things.Self serve cashier is very efficient and clean and there are always plenty of great people to help you out, like Kenneth. You are very friendly and helpful, my family loves your personality! This location makes me want to shop there all the time. I love to shop in a clean store and this one is always spotless, no garbage cans over flowing, clean bathrooms too!

“I don't even want to give one star”

Nicole L.
5/5/20

WORST customer service experience in my life ..... 2 hours and 40 minutes on the phone I am still stuck with a box of cleaning wipes when I ordered a tablet. Did a return 5 days ago shipping label promised in 48 hours. Still don't have it and ZERO resolution. Never again will I order from them. Zero answers and after all that told the shipping label would arrive in you guessed it 48 hours ...they refused to transfer me to a supervisor or manager. Stay far away total ripoff

customer service (66) order (101) store (48) credit card (18) 3 weeks (9) item (58) time (71) delivery date (6) 48 hours (6) day (63) 20 minutes (5) email (35)
nicolel538
May 5th, 2020
fuckw3
April 23rd, 2020
They do not communicate with customers period. This should be 0 Star.
Two weeks after order is placed on an in stock item; it still has not shipped despite giving a 3-5 day shipping widow. We are well passed that now. Forget about trying to call their support line- no callbacks and the system auto hangs up after 15 mins. It is complete radio silence and no way to reach them to confirm or cancel.

Walmart online delivery is a 100% certified $#*! show.
abes192
January 24th, 2020
Even one star is too much for them!! Whole walmart.ca system is wrong and they can't get anything right. Every single time that I ordered, something went wrong and their horrible customer service are not willing to help and don't care about customers. Specially if you buy something from third party then they don't want to take any responsibilty inspite of shopping was done from walmart site.
kristim141
April 25th, 2020
Waited 3.5 hours on hold kept saying 3 min 12 min 1 min, they never answered and than it closed... my package is M.I.A no tracking and I cant get through to these idiots!! Never using online again!!!
jasonl528
April 19th, 2020
Worst online return ever.
Auto respond email says "return label and instruction will be sent out within 48hrs" it's been over one week and still no email or instruction from Walmart. Went to store to return and they said "since online order return is already created, there is nothing we can do at the store. Please call customer care" but how do you call if no one is working? Was on hold for over 3hrs and no answer.
terid38
May 1st, 2020
I ordered some eye drops online from Walmart. 3 weeks later the wrong order was delivered with my name and address on it. After 8 days of trying to get through to Walmart I finally got someone who said they would pick up the wrong order. 2 weeks later I've heard nothing and my money has still not been refunded. Their so-called customer service is totally non existent.
jf522
March 31st, 2020
I will give a zero or negative if these are options. The 3rd party products are likely scams! take my money and no items arrived. orders are not showing under my account, contact seller results in web site errors after many tries. called help desk, waited for more than an hour and the CSR just told they will not refund me!
shaneh517
May 30th, 2020
Awful service. No response on a purchase I have not received. Item coming from 3rd party out of country. I assumed this item was already in Canada. I didn't find this out until after the purchase was final. With everything going on in the world, I knew it could have been held up in customs or shipping. Now I am stuck with an order in limbo and no one returning my emails.
rossw82
May 1st, 2020
I bought a Nintendo switch mariokart8 game for my grandson for his birthday..when I got home there was no code for the game on my receipt from Walmart...I was told I couldn't get a refund because they were a third party seller...liars..I was given a 1..800# to call Nintendo myself...so low class...I will never ever stop foot in this cesspool again...I'm talking about the one at quarry edge drive in brampton...bottom of the pit employees that dont know $#*! about anything.
tonyg310
May 25th, 2020
I am still waiting for an item that was ordered over two months ago. Items sold on Walmart.ca are not necessarily sitting in North America warehouses. Many items are from overseas including China. When inquiring about delays, Wal-Mart takes no responsibility and refers you to the seller...
Buy local.
vald33
April 22nd, 2020
I ordered a box of diapers on 3 weeks ago for in store pick up Dixie Walmart location, Canada. I know that they always carry diapers, I am pretty sure it's not out of stock. However 3 weeks later my order is not ready to be picked up. And I can't even cancel it. They charged my visa few days after order was placed and it's now " on route to Walmart store".... Did they ship it from outside Canada???? I actually ran out of diapers and had to go and buy an extra box of diapers from another store because my order never completed... Very angry
hodaw
May 4th, 2020
I ordered a riding mask. Turns out it's coming from China. This was not pointed out in the add. Comes from a company called Aspirant Trade Inc. I've ordered from China in the past but no way would I have at this time. I may be subject to import fee's and taxes. Finally someone answered the phone call after an hour and a half, got no answer to my questions, they hung up on me after waiting over an hour and a half. I was calm not angry but did not get satisfied. Won't be ordering from Walmart again.
maureenl120
June 4th, 2020
My experience with returning a defective product was the worst experience I have ever had. I will never ever buy anything again. I will easily pay more to buy the same thing somewhere else and avoid having anything to do with Walmart. I realize now after looking at the reviews that this is a common situation. I have maybe learnt to look at reviews before dealing with a Compnay. One star is too many.
karent682
March 30th, 2020
Why is it up to the checkout woman what I can and can't buy? Purposefully these women hold back purchases just to be infuriating. I try to make sure that everything I wanted is in the bags but I missed my footwear purchase and called in only to be told that they are putting it back on the shelf. I guess she wanted it for herself. She put 4 litres of milk on top of two dozen eggs in one bag just to see what would happen. These ppl enjoy tormenting their customers. I guess it is the only fun they get.
margite2
March 21st, 2020
It's pretty sad that you can't try clothes on for the change rooms are closed. I needed to return some things and they are not accepting returns until this virus is over. This is total bull$#*!. Whoever is the companies CEO I may never shop at Walmart again.
parisak1
July 7th, 2020
I bought a bike for my son around 170$ . It is 26" bike and look nice but the quality is less than zero .we came back to store after a week and was told that they cant do anything because it is used .for me it doesn't make sense .gears ,brakes ...all are so poor .we spend 100$ on it but still doesn't have the minimum standard.I am so disappointed because I was a loyal walmart customer and bought this bike because I knew walmart not a bike brand.so now it is in our garage and I feel so dissatisfied.
brianm1345
May 21st, 2020
Don't buy shoes or anything else. If they don't fit they won't accept returns. Also they sent me women's-steel toed shoes and I am a man. Shoes sizes vary between men & women? $123.00 flushed into the sleezes at Walmart.
donnas1265
June 3rd, 2020
Hate to give Walmart.ca even one star. I ordered 3 ottomans at the beginning of May, 2020. I received notice they were shipped May 14, would be available for pick up May 22, 2020. It is now June 3, 2020 and customer service has no idea where my parcel is. I have been to the store where I am to pick it up twice, they are no help. Customer service By phone and the Customer service at the store are all well trained in giving the problem the shuffle, but no one has an Idea of how to fix the problem or how to find my order.
Stay far far away from Walmart.ca.
sylviedenisp
July 16th, 2020
I RECEIVED THIS ORDER ON THE 28 OF MAY .... I STILL HAVE THE BOX IN MY DRIVEWAY AFTER 15 CALL AND 6 EMAILS, I GO TO COURT WITH THEM !!!! IT WILL COST THEM MORE THAN THE PRICE OF THE GAZEBO !!!!! EVERYBODY SHOULD GO TO COURT TO MAKE THEM PAY SINCE THEY DONT $#*!ING CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS !!!! BEWARE !!!
erynb6
June 8th, 2020
I have been dealing with Walmart for many years but recently I can't get the right department when calling , I can not understand the workers . It is really bad lately and so frustrating.
laurap511
March 28th, 2020
I ordered March 21 for an online pickup on March 28 and an hour before pick up they cancelled the whole order. Left my family without food. Walmart will never get another dollar from me in my life
jessc100
April 6th, 2020
I've been trying to call them for the past 2 weeks concerning an online purchase. For some reason, the billing address was changed after purchase. I've written 3 emails and absolutely no response and the tracking number doesn't work.

I also tried to make a grocery purchase since I'm confined at home with 3 toddlers. The day I was suppose to go pick up my order, Walmart Canada deleted my purchase for no reason. When I called the store, they said it was deleted because they had too many online purchases. I had been waiting for over a week for these groceries. I have three babies at home thank you Walmart. Damn American company.
keithg227
April 1st, 2020
Shouldn't even give 1 star. Worst customer service. I ordered one item through my online account. It was delivered to someone in another city. When I tried to contact, chat was unavailable. I had to hold and listen to their crappy messages till I get a rep. for 1 hour. My next 2 orders were not advertised from 3rd party vendors, but after placing order it was not even posted to account for a week. Then I realized everything is coming from China. Why would I order masks and gloves from China during Covid 19 outbreak when I know how they reuse stuff. This is Not appropriate way to treat customers. Now I cannot ask for a refund or return.
melissap562
June 17th, 2020
I ordered a 70 dollar tablet from Walmart online. When the package arrived it was a box of eye glass wipes. I called and explained that to them and they said that they would refund my money but the email that they sent said that they wouldn't refund my money til product was returned and it said nothing about the wipes it said the tablet which I never received. I doubt that I will ever get the money back
shaia5
June 19th, 2020
I purchase a 2 cabinets online to ship to near by oshawa walmart since end of may and today is june 20 the trucking order said it been left the walmart warehouse on june 1p at 8:26 and still nobody know where is it and there is nobody to talk to customer service very bad and the managers dont calling you back for them is easy to ask if you want to cancel the order
If i didnt want the order i wasnt purchase and wait for it
Very bad service

Choose menu option 1 for grocery order and customer service will answer. Discovered in frustration, was going to say oops and ask for transfer to human but no need.

By Kandyce L.