Review of Wal Mart

Tel: 1 (800) 328-0402
help.cs@walmart.ca

melmm
10/1/19

Never buy an expenssive item from walmart like a smart TV or specially an item sold by a third party! walmart will make it difficult to return the item and the reimbursment will be lost!!!
horrible service! I do not recommend. 2/10

karenl1055
9/24/19

i placed an online order today but decided to change delivery form my home to the store l the number asked if i wanted to talk to someone i never did it just keeps going around and around if you push o it hangs up on you its all about groceries now there customer service is really bad i guess i will just have to get it delivered to the original address but its the last time i order you just lost the rest of my Christmas list

louisp99
9/22/19

Just spent over 1 hour trying to place an online WalMart order. Okay to find items, but the checkout process is error prone and offers no easy remedies. Perhaps with all of their money they could hire someone to update their antiquated procedures.

I will NEVER shop WalMart online again and urge others to consider doing the same (if not now, then certainly after they have had their own exacerbating experience ...)

vt40
9/16/19

I have been ordering from Walmart.ca online since years ago, some good some bad but they always tried to compensate or resolve the problems efficiently. However, Walmart has implemented the Schedule Grocery Delivery last year and everything went downhill!!! They must believe it is a nice idea to charge customer delivery fee by promising next day delivery, unfortunately, they lack the manpower and proper inventory system to do so at their individual locations. I have order many items under Schedule Grocery Delivery due to their putting many of the non-food items under Grocery delivery only. Guess what, more then half of my order never delivered, the person just dropped off items and left. No followup email nor delivery document from them until I have to check ordering email and contacted them about so many items missing. They just said they won't charge me on the missing items, no explanation no further compensation. I just don't get why they put so many non-perishable items under Grocery Delivery order only and online showing in stock but ended up no stock during delivery. How am I going to know they have no stock? They accepted my online order on Friday and never mentioned anything about no stock before and after my order online which scheduled for Monday delivery to Vancouver, more then sufficient time for them to get ready or even notify me of any not in stock items. Even Save On Foods schedule grocery delivery handed out order receipts to customers during delivery and advising customer what missing or whether any problem in person or via email before or during delivery. Extremely disappointed on Walmart and I won't order from their Schedule Grocery Delivery again. The frustration and trouble and time can't justify the price...

darinn3
9/16/19

I had purchased a patio set and I would like to note that Sadia, one of the customer service manager at the Dundas and Trafalgar location, was a very professional manager, she was kind, sweet, patient, and caring, I as a customer was very satisfied with her amazing ability to help me out as much as she could! She went over and beyond. Thanks Sadia!

yosefk7
9/14/19

We ordered a Dresser on September 10 and they promised that we will recieve it on September 11. The item never ended up arriving and I had to call customer service. When I called no one was able to help me and they told me to call the courier. The courier then said that they do not have a shipping schedule and they will call me. Once again I called Walmart and they said there is nothing they can do. Finally, the courier brought the heavy Dresser and when they brough it, they let me know that they are not brining it upstaires, as per their contract with Walmart. My wife is disabled and I have back issues, therefore I was not able to lift 95 pounds. I called Walmart and asked for a refund, as they did not fully ship the item. Once I explained to them the situation, they did not want to return my money. I would not recommend Walmart, nor their courier. I had to ask help from my neighbours in order to get the item upstaires. Overall, the customer service on both ends is terrible. They do not seem to care very much about people who are disabled.

alanab28
8/27/19

I ordered something for my daughter on Aug 4th. Delivery was supposed to be on the 6th (I wasn't holding my breath for that). By the 12th I called to check the status, was told delivery would be on the 14th. By the 16th, still no delivery I called to figure it out, i was told it would be sent to the "escalation team" and that I would get a response within 48 hours. Hahaha! nothing of course. Every time I call I am "assured" that someone from this mysterious escalation team will contact me. I've now tried to cancel the order, but they won't do that as it is "in transit".
Ridiculous customer service - here is a tip, when a customer is upset don't thank them and don't make up promises. Agree that your company has messed up and actually get back to the customer. I will never buy anything from Walmart.ca again.

kristinat33
8/26/19

Don't Waste Your Time or Money!

My order was delivered early which is great, but it was SO wrong:
- 10 items were missing
- 9 out of 12 eggs squished
- Shampoo was wrong (sent 2 in 1 instead).
But that's not all, I also received 9LBS of butter and a litre of cream that I didn't order.
I asked the guy, wtf am I gonna do with 9LBS of butter!!??
He just says, well I can't take it back, call customer service.

After calling three times, once immediately upon receiving "my order", another time after an hour as instructed and again the following day; I managed to have a refund processed when the system finally updated.

I was promised to have $59.26 refunded to my account, but THAT IS NOT what happened. Instead of being refunded this amount, I was refunded $32.15 and BILLED for another $19.82 FOR NO REASON. Walmart now owes me $46.93, what a nightmare!!

So, I call customer service for the fourth time today, but they can only see that I was refunded but not the details of the specific transaction. I then offered to send them a copy of my bank statement to their customer service email and did so. Now I have to wait 24 to 48 hours for a response.

I just want this to be over...I deeply regret ever trying this service...
At least I got to keep the 9LBS of salted butter...ugh

Kristina :-(

tamarat49
8/25/19

My groceries are almost an hour late, no customer service, no communication. Done with WalMart!!!!!!

heatherg254
8/23/19

online orders- I place an online grocery order for pick-up and Walmart cancelled the order but would not return my money. The cancellation notice clearly states,
"You won't be charged for the cancelled items.
Authorization holds placed on your credit card for this order will automatically expire in accordance with your card issuer's policy."
Walmart refused to return my money ($205) and I had to wait a week for my bank to return it. 4 calls to customer service and every one including a manager lied to me to get me off the phone. NEVER ORDER GROCERIES ON LINE WITH WALMART!

pattir54
8/7/19

Placed an order with Walmart.ca at the end of July, 2019 for a crib, crib mattress and crib mattress sheet. The order was confirmed by email and I was looking forward to receiving the items to use in my home for my grandson. Not 10 minutes later an additional email arrived stating that the crib sheet could be picked up but the crib and mattress were not available at this time. A third email arrived stating the crib sheet could be picked up on August 6, 2019 while the crib and mattress could be pick up on August 7, 2019 and if there was any issue with this order, we would be notified by August 2, 2019.

Today, August 7, 2019 we went to the store and only the sheet was available. No one in management could locate the crib or mattress and now we are left with no furniture for our grandson to sleep in.

We are disappointed, disgusted and disgruntled. Walmart promised us the followed but never fulfilled their promise:
1. A crib, crib mattress and crib sheet.
2. An email no later than August 2, 2019 if the order could not be processed.
3. A crib and mattress to pick up on August 7, 2019.

We wasted time, gas and energy on something that they likely will never have in their inventory. We did not receive any email or phone call to let us know that there was no merchandise to be picked up and that in itself is the worst PR in the business.

We will NEVER shop at Walmart.ca again and we will be certain to share this negative experience with all our friends and family.

shanaa16
8/1/19

I would give Walmart.ca 0 stars but there was no option to do so. After talking to 2 agents without any success, I decided to cancel my order. I called the third time and asked the Walmart agent (named (JR) to cancel my order after frustration. The agent promised that the order would be cancelled within 5 business days. The next day I received an email that the order was on its way for delivery after I thought it was cancelled. Called customer service again and spoke with Nina who said she would speak to the carrier to cancel the delivery. She never called us back. Now we made a 5th call to customer service to explain the order should have been cancelled. No luck. Now the delivery is on its way and I have to go through a whole new process till I get my refund. I will never order from Walmart again. We j stead placed the same order with Amazon without any issues - fast and reliable. DO NOT TRUST Walmart

rebeccac320
7/28/19

A)If i wanted to go in store to purchase i would do it myself. Whats the point of online ordering if i have to leave my house to go to the store to pick it up?!
B) I have no need for some random walmart 45 min away to do it, when i have a walmart 15 min away but that store is not even an option to have the things delivered there.
Walmart is going backwards, hello Amazon!

noemif8
7/21/19

awful customer service!
I placed my first (and last!) grocery delivery order this past week with Walmart in Toronto. Six items were missing from my order, adding up to a total of $42, that was completely unaccounted for in their confirmation email notice to me about my order. They made zero effort to inform me that those items were not in stock I had to go out of my way to call them and try to trace what could have happened. Also, their delivery service policies are completely one-side (to Walmart's self-prioritization), with utter lack of regard for the customer's needs and fairness. They do not allow for any modifications to the delivery, they do not allow the customer to have access to their contracted shippers, they do not give you notification about missing items, nor do they make any effort to compensate for their errors, as most other major grocery delivery services would. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH WALMART! May the other online grocery delivery services are more pricey, but I can see why it's worth it to pay a little extra for other hassle-free order & delivery services who practice much more other-oriented customer relations.

victoriag136
7/4/19

Walmart Canada is a corrupt store. I was wanting to do a price match and gave 3 invoices to on line supervisor. I told them I could return items and get refund then repurchase but he said he would take care of price match. He never got back to me and when he finally did he only did one of my invoices. My asking why he didn't do other invoices got no response. Only after sale at other store was over did he tell me that price match was only honoured for sales within 30 days. But they have 90 day refund policy so I could have returned had he told me sooner. I was prepared to return and get refund and repurchase at Walmart or purchase at store where item is cheaper. He waited until after sale at other store was over to tell me anything. And good luck dealing with Bee at office of the president. She didn't care about any mistake or mess up by customer support. She read out their policy and that's it! And they have no ombudsman. Probably because they don't want any fair ruling to happen to customers by a third neutral party. Shop at Amazon. They have incredible customer service.

derekh121
6/28/19

Received wrong Product as the photo on the website does not reflect the description. After several phone calls, transfers and employees unable to find my order number I was given a whopping 10% off if I returned and reordered. To compare when I had issues with wrong products from Partycity.com and Amazon they just refunded me the money with no return necessary. Even Google gave me a FREE Nest protect ($99 value) because my 4 year old one could not connect to my new modem. Walmart continues to disappoint customers... definately no longer the same company Sam Walton built.

kimm628
6/25/19

After I purchased a $744.99 power lift recyliner from Walmart online,I wasn't happy with the purchase,so I went to return it to my local Walmart store and to my surprise it was refused because it was purchased from a third party seller , but sold from a Walmart store.This third party seller has no phone number, or website,but only a email address was given to me..To top it off this seller from Walmart is located in Asia and only commicates through email ONLY...And only after you purchase the product a copy of your receipt is sent to you through your email address and that's when you learn you cannot return this WALMART PRODUCT.. Even though you have no idea that you are not buying products from a Walmart Canada Site that you and only you are responsible to deal with this ..I received NO help from WALMART Canada .. BUYER BEWARE.... This was The most disappointing to me because when you think your purchasing a product from WALMART Canadian store do you get screwed and it's your problem Seriously why would anyone Buy a recycling chair from ASIA through a Walmart Canada Site

hollys193
6/17/19

"Satisfaction guaranteed" is the biggest joke I've ever heard! Walmart online has by far the worst customer service. Not even the supervisors listen or try to make things right. Keep in mind Walmart has a 30 min cancellation policy, and if your in that 30 mins and try to call and cancel but their customer service is closed, they will not do a damn thing to help you, nor listen to what you are saying. Oh and it takes 3 weeks to deliver a product to the store that ALREADY HAS IT!

stephanies589
6/2/19

I wished I had reviewed the horrific reviews about Walmart.ca before ordering the items. Obviously, I am just one of endless customers who have had terrible experience with Walmart.ca online shopping.

I am someone who has done a lot of online shopping. I am also a regular Walmart store shopper. Recently I placed an online order on Walmart.ca and I must say that I have never seen anything as horrific as the experience with Walmart.ca. The Wal Mart Headquarters is at 1940 Argentia Road, Mississauga ON, L5N 1P9, Canada.

I placed an online order for two security cameras on Walmart.ca. On October 4, 2018, my credit card was charged by WALMART CANADA INC for the 2 security cameras that I ordered.

In addition to the security cameras order, I ordered another item in a couple of days on Walamrt.ca not knowing what a horrrific experience it will be. All my orders where supposed to be shipped to Langley Walmart, where I usually shop. The second order actually got to the store, but when I went to pick it up, the package was damaged, and having had a terrible experience with Walmart.ca online customer service, I decided not to bother opening it. I showed the damaged package to the store manager, and the professional manager of the store (Fred) said that it would be no problem to return it. This store is excellent and it was the reason that I had decided to do shopping online which turned out to be a disaster.

I spend endless amount of time and energy to speak to a lot of Walmart.ca agents and managers and they were all terrible, clueless, and unprofessional.

It is now, June 1, 2019 and I yet to see any refund for a product that I ordered online on Walmart.ca and was never shipped. THIS IS PLAIN ROBBERY.

hareld
6/1/19

I ordered a patio set from Walmart, which comes in two boxes, a large box for the table, and a separate large box for the chairs. This company was hired by Walmart to deliver my purchase. The delivery was extremely unprofessional and disrespectfully conducted. We put a notice on the door that we were home and two cars were in our driveway. In any event, the delivery was conducted by two employees, who threw the box with the table on the porch, never rang the doorbell to notify us that the delivery was made, and they failed to deliver the second box containing the 6 patio chairs.

The idiotic delivery guys did take the time to take a picture of the box on the porch, as proof that the delivery had been made.

We waited all day at home for the delivery, and lost a day's pay. Then this company notified Walmart that the delivery had been made, which caused Walmart to issue a receipt that stated we received our complete order, which was completely false.

When I contacted this company for an explanation of where the other part of the order was, and why it had not been delivered, all I got was the run-around and no answers.

We have still yet to receive our complete order. I have spent several hours on the phone with this company, Walmart, and visa, in order to resolve a problem caused by this company alone.

They are unreliable, and unprofessional, which is why they have a 1 star rating out of 23 reviews, and a c- rating by the BBB. They should be out of business. Who would trust these morons with delivering anything?

Well Walmart does. Figures since Walmart and Sameday have a lot in common.

taiwog
5/25/19

I ordered through walmart grocery online on May 14/2019 and set to be delivered on May 15/2019 between 4-6pm,, This is not the first time that i am ordering from walmart but this experience is horrible . I have shipping and billing address but for unknown reason the delivery guy calling from my billing address that he was outside to deliver . i was shocked and told he is at wrong afdress, long story cut short the store manager called and promise the groceries will be delivered next day .On Thursday one of the manager called and again promise to have it promise to delivered on friday It was delivered on Friday on May 17/2019 but 10 items was missing .Uptil today May 25/2019 with several calls day in day out i am yet to receive the remaining 10 items . This experience has been a horrible and exhausting . I am on wheelchair dealing with health issues and also thiis is too much to handle

michaeld1195
5/9/19

Horrible service. Received only 1 chair of a 2 chair shipment. Now I am told I have to return the chair to a retail store. This was not my error and now I have to waste my time fixing the problem. I will never spend another penny in a Walmart store ever again. I used to grocery shop at their store but I will never set foot in one again. Horrible company.

samb356
5/1/19

I normally would never post about a late delivery, but Walmart Canada needs to realize that this is not customer service.

Here's what happened:

I ordered a pack of 8 plastic storage bins from Walmart Canada using their online ordering system, on Thursday, April 11th. The delivery date on the item in Checkout said Tuesday, April 16th, which was plenty of time for me to pack up my items and have them ready to move by Friday, April 19th. I noticed in the confirmation email that the delivery date from their shipping company TForce said Monday, April 15th, and there was a tracking button in the email giving me updates throughout the day - awesome!

Monday, April 15th rolls around and the tracking app says that my package is "Picked Up" in Brampton, ON at 10:31am, and another message saying "Expected by 9pm". I'm thinking that is a little late to be delivering packages, but since I'm home all day, I don't mind checking the front door every now and again for the package.

By 7:30pm, I check the tracking app again and see "Exception, No Access" from 6:49pm. That doesn't make sense since I live on a residential street and there was absolutely no reason why there would be no access to my house. So I give Walmart Canada a call, using their customer service phone number. They tell me that I need to call TForce directly to figure out why I didn't get the package today, the woman then agrees to compensate me for the inconvenience with a $10 eVoucher for another online purchase. It was not what I wanted to get but I appreciated the effort, so I accepted the voucher. She then told me to wait until Tuesday morning for my package to arrive.

Tuesday, April 16th arrives, and I see a "Receive Scan" at 7:11am on the tracking app. Great! That means I will probably get my package this morning, right? Wrong. I got no further updates that day. I called TForce again Tuesday night to ask where my package was, and they said that I "need to wait until Wednesday morning". When I asked to speak with the manager about this, I was told that she was busy, and she would call me back I never got that call back.

Wednesday, April 17th is here, and I see a message on the tracking app that my item has been "Picked Up" in Markham, ON at 12:03pm. That's strange since the last pickup was in Brampton. Maybe they got the warehouse wrong? Again, I see a message "Expected By 9pm". At 6:24pm the message on the app says "Exception, Short Cartons". What does THAT mean? So, I called TForce again to have them tell me that the driver must have made a mistake and didn't have my package, but someone could still bring my package tonight. Yeah, right. I asked to be transferred to the manager who was confirmed to be in the building. The sales rep then transfers my call, and then I was hung up on.

Thursday, April 18th morning same "Pickup Up in Markham, ON" at 11:47am and "Expected by 9pm" messages, as well as "Exceptions, Short Cartons" message at 12:29pm. So, I called TForce AGAIN. They tell me that "they're sure I will get my package tomorrow". Tomorrow meaning Good Friday, the day I doubt drivers will be delivering packages. This same service representative tells me that if not by Friday, then they will deliver it on the weekend. I questioned him and asked if they even deliver on weekends, and he said yes. Bold Lie.

The time which I needed the package has now passed.

Easter Monday, April 22nd, I called TForce at 8:30am to see if there was any chance of me getting my package or if I can get a refund for my purchase. They tell me that I need to call Walmart Canada for a refund. I called and was asked why I wanted a refund. I told him that I had called them previously about this same problem. He then found my call history with them and tells me that my problem has been "Escalated to the Resolution Team", and will hear back, either by email or phone call, in 24-48hrs (Meaning Wednesday at the latest).

I waited until Friday, April 26th to see if they would contact me. They did not. I then called Walmart Canada again. They told me that an eVoucher had been issued already so they would not be able to compensate me any further or issue me a refund for my item until the item has been returned to the warehouse. Let's think about this if the package cannot be located at the warehouse for it to be shipped to my house, how will the package be located to return it to the warehouse? It doesn't make sense to me either.

I am told that there is "No update yet" and their team is currently working on it. Apparently, my issue has been "escalated to Late Delivery" and I am asked to "Please allow us time". I have already waited 11 days past my expected delivery date. I'm pretty much in the dark here. I asked to be contacted with any update and the rep tells me that he has now escalated my case to "Call Back" for Tuesday, April 30th.

I'm writing this on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. I have not heard anything from Walmart Canada or TForce, I have not received a refund in my bank account, I have an unwanted evoucher (why would I shop with them again?), and I am no longer getting any updates from the tracking app since April 19th.

This has been the worst online order experience I have ever had with a company. I am disappointed with Walmart and their service, as well as their choice of a transportation company. The only effort that has been made in this matter is by me, calling the companies.

Walmart Canada, why won't you fix this?

maries267
4/29/19

Hello,
Today I am writing to you out of confusion and frustration. I have been a loyal Walmart customer for years, always happy and satisfied with the great products and the exceptional service until today unfortunately...

I am a flood victim that has been evacuated from her home and The Red Cross offered us a certificate for provision at the Walmart we chose in order to eat until we can go back home. I was happy to choose Walmart on Robert Bourassa Street in Laval Québec to do my groceries at and the certificate is for the amount of 260$; and when my groceries amounted to 264$, I was happy to pay the difference.

The manager Hafiz told me it could not be done and went along with her with taking items out so it can be less then 260$ but then, Ms Hafiz advised that the difference could not given and will be kept by Walmart which is contrary to the recommendation of the Red Cross that advised to use all the money allocated since it will all be given to Walmart and Walmart should not short change the customer/flood victims.

I already had a big day at work and trying to struggle to come back home and see where we are going to sleep with the kids and I didn't have the energy to argue with Ms Hafiz who doesn't seem to care and has no customer service skills.

When Ms Hafiz managed to complicate the situation by stepping out to chit chat with her friends while making us wait for her colleague Joanie that never showed, we got tired and went to see Ms Hafiz informing her that we are leaving. Contrary to her resolving the problem and with her condescending and prejudice attitude, showed us the door with no remorse as if she was doing us a favor when in reality the Red Cross was

All this to say that I have never judged the brand from one person representing it but today I am a very dissatisfied customer and passing a hard time and your manager fully knew we are flood victims and instead of being understanding, empathetic, human and diplomatic, she was very rude and hurtful.

From a very disatified and disappointed customer!!!!
Marie

teresab283
4/28/19

I bought split peas the other day and because I only purchased 3 consumable products that I was using within days, I tossed the receipt. Lesson learned, check the expiration date before you purchase from Walmart

I tried this number you dont get a human only a recording maybe the president of Walmart should try to get someone on the phone

By Karen L.

Questions? Get answers from the Wal Mart staff and other customers.

Wal Mart?