USPS.com reviews

Review of USPS.com
475 L'Enfant Plaza Southwest, Columbia Maryland, 20260, USA

Reviews

Sama A.
“#USPS stealing from customers”
6/24/18

PLEASE go with #USPS on Tweeter, Instagram, and Facebook to publicly talk about your experiences. Then, contact your state senators to follow up on your cases. They will offer you free lawyer to take your rights. Never stop fighting for your rights.Otherwise, they will continue stealing your belongings.
USPS stole a 45 lb package that I mailed from their office in NY. There were 60 different items in my package. The status says that my package is in the mail recovery center. I have talked to 20 different supervisor and manager. Talked to mail recovery center (dead mail) supervisor more than 10 times. Went there is person. asked for security camera check. Submitted 8 missing mail requests with all the information, brand, color, size, picture of each item and document. The only thing I kept hearing was that they were going to sell my stuff in an auction soon! They could not find my package because they stole it. They did not offer me an insurance in the office when I was mailing my package. Never said they would not compensate me if any thing goes wrong with my uninsured package. Now, they are hiding behind their internally hidden regulation for not giving me a cent. Thieves. God damn you and your corporation thieves.

Dianne D.
“TERRIBLE!!!”
5/30/18

I special ordered a product, have been anticipating it's arrival. The day the package was sched. to arr., I go to the mailbox disappointed bc I have all of my neighbors mail. I check the tracking and it says "unable to deliver". After going through it with the post office, I get an excuse that the carrier THOUGHT my residence was vacant and my packages are in their forwarding facility and I will receive them according to how busy they are. Mind you, there are 2 houses across from me that are vacant, the only similarities in the addresses is the first number. It's been over a month and still nothing!!! I'm so annoyed and frustrated that I paid for my products and don't have them because of their negligence!

anjel f.
“piss poor service all around”
5/11/18

USPS seems to be in the news non stop for theft. Piss poor service, scammers, management from hell, employees with criminal backgrounds.

Harry H.
“Poor overall in many ways”
5/10/18

i only use USPS when I absolutely have to. Tracking is useless and late, with only 3 exceptions in multiple states, customer service and the understanding of the concept is nonexistent, and in my home area delivery is highly unreliable. More than once it's taken my business envelope mail to get across town about 5 days, no exaggeration. My go-to's are ups and fedex.

Vee C.
“The worst company on the face of the earth ... scratch that universe”
5/2/18

I ordered from a site with two day shipping on March 31st . They shipped my package in two days as promised and the package began moving in went from California to Florida ( the state I shipped it to) and has been trapped there since April 5th . I have not received an update from usps since. Its been 4 days shy of a month and well past the time I needed the clothes by and I am yet to get any information. Every time usps ships my package something happens to it . This service is garbage, if you have to ship something please use another service if possible.

ALFONS B.
“USPS is the gold standard.”
5/1/18

What can I say? USPS is a rock. They're always their, perfect tracking, on-time delivery, and reasonable prices. I hope they are always there for us.

Robert L.
“Postal Insurance? Think Twice!”
3/9/18

As far as I'm concerned buying insurance from the post office is as good as throwing that money down a rat hole. Proof - with a capitol P - is the key, the problem, and the hidden lie. They pay nothing, Zero, unless you can prove not only what you send is actually in the box, but it's Actual Worth; NOT what you insured it for. They just love ppl who buy the larger amount thinking that's what they will get in case of loss. Of course all this is hidden in the fine print that's not even on the little cards you fill out there. Unless you really dig, or read this review first, you find out After you file a claim you've bought nothing but a sham.
The runaround starts immediately with the typical City Hall Stall, then goes to You having to prove that you Did fulfill all the requirements. Then you have to prove what was in the box..better be well prepared for That. If it's something personal - no matter it's worth - you're sol. Pix and a lawyer might get you somewhere, if it's worth that, but store receipts are all they recognize outside of court. replacement value, Proven, is it, and any other worth/loss will not even be considered no matter how at fault they are.
There is a secondary problem, the delivery person. Once it's "delivered" all else is off, no matter whether you, or who you sent to, gets the package or not. Carelessness doesn't enter into it. Seems that's allowed as mater of course. Thinking your postman would simply put a package behind the stairs, directly under the mail box, where it's out of sight from the sidewalk only six feet away, didn't work for me.
Instead a box with $740 worth of jewelry materials was dropped in front of another address, in the opposite direction, and it was stolen. When I went to file the claim they simply said it was delivered, SOL.
I got the whole story days later when another neighbor, two buildings down, came to me with the box. It was in his trash with the few pieces left that made him suspicious. Talking this around when the police were there other residents said they'd seen the box, and thought how stupid it was being out in plain sight in New Orleans! Back to the post office with this, police report and all, they just shrugged.. So what.
It was then I find out that I couldn't have collected Anyway, because if there is any Other insurance, like from a sender, they won't pay on That account. No matter who's fault they don't pay, period.
My advice is to use another carrier, the extra expense..if there even is any..paid for by the insurance you did Not buy from the post office.

diana l.
“LOST PACKAGE”
12/12/17

my package had the correct name and address on it. when checking the tracking number at USPS said it was delivered to my mailbox. which I have a LOCKED mailbox. my package was not in it. calling the local post office the next day waited an hour on hold then I was told the mail carrier on my route was not in. they were really rude and could care less about finding my package it was no big deal to them. I filled a lost package online and tried calling USPS main headquarters only to not be able to get through the menu plays over and over again and you can not push a selection. useless. if your package is not insured then what ever happens to it is anybody's guess. with that kind of service the USPS should be free.

Caroline M.
“Lost my parcel and ignored me”
11/27/17

My packing has been On its was to the destination for 10 days!! I contact them by email. No reply. I contacted the on twitter 3 hours ago, they have completely and blatantly ignored me, sent 39 tweets to other customers. Theyve lost my package and are hiding!! Absolute cowards and discusting customer service!!

Tracking - LS106753298CN

Ash J.
“WORST! DOnt waste your money! Package was LOST”
11/9/17

Its the worst service ever. I had to send some documents and didnot know even after 15 days I will be disappointed to hear that the international package hasnt reached the destination.
There were just 4 A4 sized documents.
I hate their service and will never use USPS again!

Keneke M.
“Worst Customer Service”
10/25/17

These people that work for this government agency just don't care about customer service. They are rude to people.

Dennis P.
“Deficient”
10/11/17

I went to the postal office Cudahy, CA Los Angeles to send some Doc's to Tegucigalpa, HN. Placed on Sept 8, 2017. Package left USA until Sept. 24? Still not registered in Honduras. It has been in route for more than a month, they told me in the postal service it would take 6-9 business days to arrive. Really? it has been more than 30 working days and still not there. I should have sent it thru DHL pay a little more but their service is excellent. I have received packages from Honduras to Los Angeles in 3-5 days. Bad decision to use USPS.

Laura L.
“Difficult”
10/9/17

I've tried numerous times printing my own labels and as soon as you make one mistake, reload the page or miss a field, the whole thing disappears and you're back at square one. I use other engines to print labels.
Ordering supplies are ok, but they could organize those flat rate boxes so I can actually the difference between them.

M G.
“Always Disappointing!”
9/6/17

Every simple transaction is difficult, takes too much time, employees always exhibit a "I Don't Care" and "I'll get to it after my break" attitude, more complicated transactions like PO Box rental require an unreasonable amount of time, multiple forms of ID which most of us don't carry, and may not be approved if you have another address (of which you may not receive your mail). You can count on a one hour wait if you call "Customer Service" and if you can understand them, are just not helpful. I can learn to live without it just like other service providers with the same level of service. Bye-Bye...

Dale M.
“Private companies for domestic mail services would undoubtedly do much better”
8/24/17

I have been unhappy with this site for several years. I have been able to avoid it for a couple of years, but had to refer to it once again. It had changed. There is some kind of - I don't know - instinct, insatiability, insanity? - for webpage designers and owners to constantly "improve" their web pages, but in their attempts they actually worsen their site. Unless a site is truly a horror, improvements should be moderate and gradual. This allows the customer/reader base to grow accustomed to incremental changes (like brainwashing people into cultural Marxism) whereas one great leap forward will simply decimate the base.

I am extremely disappointed with this site. Next time I need information on mailing something, I'll ask someone else to do it. That way, they will build character, and I will be saved much grief and wasted time.

I went to the usps webpage, expecting to be frustrated, but not expecting to have to go to over a dozen pages to find what I was looking for. The United States Post Office Monopoly actively sells up, or tries to. First there is the super premium service at something over $50. Then there is the simply deluxe version for $30 or $40. Almost lastly, there is the really good service for a few dollars. I thought the page was about premium services, so left it, only to be redirected back to it in a later incarnation. So this time I scrolled and scrolled all the way down. Its as if common customers are told to sit in the back of the post office bus, while priority attention is given to the folk with bigger bankrolls. Thats fine. They want revenue. Thats one way to do it. Meanwhile, the hoi poloi are screaming for some enterprising company (since the suits and dresses in the U.S. Congress are unwilling to do so) to develop even more kinds of domestic mail delivery systems, so we can get service that is neither snail-like, scatter-brained, messy, unclear, nor unjustifiably expensive. (I realize the unions have to get their cuts, but even so, prices could be lower. Simply remove a few of the superfluous middle-supervisor, middle-management, middle-department-head, and specialist positions.)

So, finally, by clicking on Buy Stamps I was able to get to a page with different types of services, which gave no clue that it covered normal people mail as well as specialized services and very, very large items. There are many webpages, some pdfs,
a price calculator where you are asked if you are mailing live animals or day-old poultry (along with my Grandmothers birthday card? No, I think not.). You then get to select a service, beginning with the $23.75 express service. I imagine that should be at the bottom of the page, since the fewest number of customers opt for that option. On down, $24.45, nope, $6.65, not for me, $7.20, still way too much, $6.65, last one. Oops Im on another unhelpful page!

Back up two pages, click on buy stamps, gets me to a page that doesnt serve my need. Backup again, click on calculate a price. Back to that unhelpful page. I guess I have forgotten how I got to the page that told me how much it costs to send a letter to a particular foreign address. What a junk-filled, misdirecting, information-concealing work! The juvenile or more likely, self-impressed career bureaucrat who designed this fish (carp) should be released from the self-defensive usps population. But how can you tell them apart?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A word on "quality" since I have rated that. Oh, if you could but remember the U.S. postage stamps of the 20th century and before. Some were beautiful works of art, some were pretty, and some merely interesting. Then something happened. Dull, trite, murky, uninteresting images now appear on U.S. stamps. Would that U.S. postage stamp artists were as skilled as the Russian (Soviet) artists of the cold-war era - those were spectacular works of art.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I note that many reviews are on real-world experiences rather than on experiences with the website. Obviously, the terror continues both in the real world and in the less brightly lit Dark Side.

Tip for consumers: Bring a sandwich and a bottle of water. You might be here a while. Take notes, so that if you do find the information you're looking for, you'll be able to find it again later if you need to.

Michael L.
“USPS is the worst carrier”
8/14/17

I only ever have problems with packages delivered by USPS, never Fedex or UPS. The packages are either late or don't arrive, at all. Rarely, I will get one item on time, but the majority of the time I do not.

Ashley S.
“Lie about package delivery attempts, poor customer service”
7/6/17

We all dread going to the post office, but lately it has gotten much worse it seems. IN the post office the people are rude and act like any question is a huge inconvenience. They don't answer the phone and they lie about package delivery.

Multiple times I've been home, sitting in my living room in my apartment where the front door is clearly audible if someone lightly knocks. Because the mailboxes are one stair flight up, they'll just leave packages by the boxes most times instead of bringing them to the door like they're supposed to. Recently, I went to my mail box only to find the pink slip saying they came to my door to deliver a package from Europe but I wasn't there to sign. I WAS home all day and they NEVER came to my door - the slip was left IN my mail box, not AT my door. This has happened many times now. This time I left a note on the OUTSIDE of my mailbox on the slip saying I would be home for the 2nd attempt and to please bring it to me to sign. Both my neighbor and I waited all day for them to come. I went to check and the slip was gone, the mail was delivered and there was no package! So they had just taken the slip and didn't even attempt to deliver it on the 2nd promised attempt! Now I need to go to the post office to pick it up but have NO slip and NO idea if it's even there!

This is poor service and clearly lying about a job that isn't being done. I'm upset this keeps happening and I wonder why USPS can't provide customer service. Not even the bare minimum that's stated on the slips like attempting to deliver. Something is seriously wrong - either they're horribly understaffed, have a chronic terrible customer service problem or BOTH. Either way, it's unacceptable.

Ross A.
“Delivery not received and no response to enquiry”
6/21/17

9 days after tracking indicates arrival and cleared in Australia no delivery

Tracking updated yesterday as delivery attempted 4.32 am Australian time and delivery will be attempted later that day

I don't understand how 4.32 am in the morning makes sense ....and there is no update that delivery was re attempted

I have sent two courteous emails in two days and no response

I now suspect the package is stolen . ... so I rate the usps service as unreliable and non responsive

Bing S.
“Always short of manpower”
5/23/17

Short of manpower, long waiting always, not friendly, not polite. CEO should visit their stores often and will discover what the problems are.

Sharlene R.
“habit of losing mail”
3/23/17

USPS has lost quite a bit of my mail, including MONEY, CHECKS, and, MEDICATIONS. I have lost literally $$hundreds of dollars in cash and fees for replacement money orders and lost medications. The employees have never been polite when I file missing mail report. I can't understand why this has happened to me so many times.

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension