Review of Trivago

Tel: +1-800-778-7879
info@trivago.com

stephenp214
12/31/18

Hi guys I am doing a survey for college on the Trivago app using the Windows operating system. It is a very quick survey, please feel free to be honest, all comments are welcome. Please no direct insults or unrepeatable language, my lecturer will read it as well.
Follow the link below, very very easy for you. Greatly appreciated.

monicac136
11/25/18

the wifi is great....nice pool...playground for kids.. ..clean everyday the room....minibar microwave..only steps of pizza hut wallgreens...and 15 min. the wallmart

muhannada3
11/3/18

we used trivago for booking we ended losign 550$ and they did not refund .

they said we only send you to sites for booking and they sent us to fake hotel booking website the site name cancelon.com they toke 550$ form us and we lost oru money no refund and no booking .

avoid avoid

barbarad284
10/31/18

My husband was sent to Hotel Power through the Trivago website. Hotel Power took our money but never made the reservation. I see in the reviews that this has happened to many other people. My husband sat for 3 hours in the hotel lobby calling Trivago and Hotel Power to try and straighten this out. His calls were not returned and finally, shortly after 5pm, he was told the Trivago office was closed! No one has ever gotten back to him. Trivago is responsible for sending people to Hotel Power, a company that obviously is scamming people. The Internet has many complaints similar to ours about Trivago and Hotel Power. From now on we'll book directly with the hotel. At least that way we'll know we actually have a reservation.

gadhadarh
8/25/18

Kani Residency@ Thoothukudi is an excellent place to stay and worth for money. Special thanks to Mr.P Sampath Rao and his team for making my 2 days stay a very comfortable. Must say their room service boys were very good and courteous. A very good South Indian restaurant attached for meals and breakfast. Over all a very good place to stay.

edwiny5
8/12/18

their is a cancellation fee that they don't show you after the reservation. be careful !!!!!! When you try to cancel the reservation. the phone line is always busy. you can not cancel on line.

marial299
8/8/18

Mi reservasion fue a Nuevo Vallarta del 25 al 29 de Julio. Puse 2 adult is y 2 menores de 12 y 14 anos. Trivago me mando mi reservasion con las edades correctas via correo electronics. Para mi terrible sorpresa llegando al hotel a hacer mi check in resulto que a mis hijas les pusieron de 10 anos. Po r mas que llamavamos a el numero que proporsiono trivago NUNCA RESPONDIERON. Tanto el hotel como nosotros llamamos. Y tuvimos que pagar la diferencia de las edades de mis hijas. Lo fustrante es que confiamos en Tobago x que se anunsiava en la TV. Y pensamos que era una Campania segura.

shaunh45
7/11/18

If you ate a hotelier don't use them or fall prey to there incessant sales calls.
They have no regard for Uk consumer rights and within the company they will not record or act on any customer complaints.
After looking into the company further its clear to see that they have a very poor or none existant customer service record.
Don't use them in any way as if things fall fowl you will not recieve any satisfaction from this company.

rickr175
6/22/18

I used Trivago once and sorry I did! I will never use them again. Bad experience with CANCELON, which we were hooked up with on Trivago! If Trivago was legitimate they wouldnt allow companies like CANCELON to use their site! STAY AWAY!

courtneym132
6/17/18

We booked with Trivago in April of 2018. They then transferred us to another company hotel power to book our stay for Orlando. Once we booked and paid for our room which was a standard suite which showed a king bed icon on the website, we received an email stating our room was undefined room. We then called the hotel to determine what undefined room meant which they stated that it could be a twin bed or queen bed only.
We then called hotel power and spoke to someone who seemed to clarify it up for us and sent us a new email that started we had a standard suite and advised us that a standard suite came with a king bed.

2 months later when we arrived at the holiday inn for our vacation, our room was either going to be a queen with bunk beds or two queens. We then called Trivago and they advised me that I needed to prove to them that where it shows that it was booked for a king bed and wouldnt do anything for us. MIND YOU THEY SAID THERE WAS NO NOTES THAT ANYONE HAD SPOKEN TO US 2 MONTHS PRIOR. Luckily the hotel manager advised us that they had similar issues when booking through Trivago and helped us out with a king room the next day. WE WILL NEVER USE TRIVAGO AGAIN.

carolw245
5/15/18

Went thru Trivago app. They transferred us to reservation.com. when we called. We were in Pendleton, Oregon and needed a room. They charged us $71.00 to book at the RodeWay Inn. She told us it was nonrefundable and we would pay an extra fee to cancel. We should of hung up right then. We went to the Rode Way Inn. It was a old motel. You walk in to the room the chair in the corner was all wore out and dirty. The light socket as you walk in had just a light bulb in it. The door jam had big hunks of wood out of it. The wall was cement and painted white and dirty, The wind whistled under the door. I had to stuff a towel underneath it. The TV was very old and outdated. At least the sheet were white and the towels were white. I put bed bug patches all around. I have never been so disgusted in my life. I will never use Trivago again for anything. I have posted on my Facebook to stay away from them.

lawrencem85
5/4/18

this has lasted over a year, with promises that trivago will look into the matter. last year ibooked 2 rooms at the Zion Lodge in Utah for 3 knight. when i arrived at the lodge with my wife and her 2 elderly parents we were told there was no reservation and no rooms available, Trivago never booked the rooms. the manager at the lodge after about 2 hours was able to find me 2 rooms at LaQuinta outside the park. trivago took the money for the reservstion immediately upon booking. Zion Lodge manager told me this is not the first time trivago has done that. we were inconveninced because we had a lower grade rooms, no fireplace, smaller and ended up outside the park, Trivago offered me a compensation of 10%. I refused because the inconvenience was no even near what hardship it cause me and my inlaws. i was told that this would be investigated at a higher level, It has been 1year and 2 months and i havent received any communications from management. They are trying to discourage me from this claim by keeping silent, well i'm still here and here is my story. Trivago, I hope this happens to one of your elderly family members then you will see what its like. Still waiting.

glenn12
5/2/18

I assumed Trivago was a legitimate travel website like Kayak or Priceline etc. I did not expect that one of your listed booking agents would be a total scam like Hotel Power.com. I booked a three day stay in Chicago a month ago and pre-paid the room. Now I am being told 4 days before arriving that the hotel has no reservation for me. I have called HotelPower.com twice and received two different so called confirmation numbers none of which are the hotel's confirmation number. The hotel is completely booked for my dates. I should have skipped Trivago and called the hotel and booked it myself. I will never use or recommend in anyway Trivago or Hotel Power. Glen N, Boston MA

marisolf2
4/11/18

Spoke with beverly very nice and understanding,the hotel is comfy and has a indoor pool,free good breakfast,pleasant place to stay for a weekend. everything from restaurants,shopping,lounge very close by that's a Plus:) Just hope that the parking spot for costumers get renovated! to many holes,cracks ;/

susanr221
4/11/18

I booked a room through Trivago promising room, breakfast, free valet parking. Next thing I knew, a company I never heard of called 'Canelon' had withdrawn $886 from my bank account; they represented they were working for Trivago. When I got to the hotel room, my 'special rate' was no where. In fact, the hotel doesn't work with either Trivago or Cancelon, no monies had been paid on my behalf. I was then charged the full stay (+$32/night valet) on my card. I have now paid twice and never received a refund (or acknowledgement of wrong) from either Trivago or Cancelon.

Tip for consumers: do not recommend

monicam127
3/26/18

I booked a night at this hotel with my husband and 11 year old son who liked the looks of their outdoor pool. We live out on the Mesa and like to come into town for dinner and spend the night on occasion. When we went to check in the manager and another lady interrogated us on the purpose of our stay. They informed me they don't like to rent rooms to locals due to our bad behavior, destruction of rooms, druggies overall we are not welcome and they are privately owned and can be prejudice against whomever. I was shocked at the rudeness and complete lack of customer service. I cancelled the transaction and we drove back to the Doubletree where we got a locals discount HAHA a cookie and much better room. No one from Durango should stay at the Best Western Mountain Shadows is full of sketchy disrespectful locals BEWARE.

iant73
3/25/18

Was looking for a hotel in downtown Toronto, so set the search for "Downtown Toronto / Close to CN Tower..." (a pre-set selection) And it came up with all kinds of hotels in Mississauga, North York, etc. I'm sure the prices were good but don't have the time to look through all the crappy recommendations. Hotels.com was so much better for search

leighm42
3/14/18

Tried booking hotel in Phuket, went through procedure to pay & finally told hotel is not responding so contact hotel quickly. You try contacting them! I didnt know if credit card took payment & had no way of finding out quickly. Will not risk using Trivago again

mb284
3/5/18

I can no longer recommend Trivago. Their advertising got to me and I used the site based on their ads. However, my recent experience was a total dud.

I booked a hotel and it turned out the booking agency (Hotel Power, which I definitely do not recommend) was a place that automatically enrolls you in a "free trial."

While not an outright scam, the free trial means that you, the customer who absolutely never asked for this, are enrolled in some VIP concierge service that you have to pay for after 90 days. So I then had to waste my time cancelling this "VIP service" I never asked for. Trivago did not warn me it was sending me to a "members only" booking site. I hate having to waste my time and I hate it even more because I felt that the booking site that Trivago led me to was totally misleading.

Also, in case you are wondering, there is nothing VIP about the Hotel Power experience. Nothing was wrong with our reservation on Hotel Power, but if they actually want a customer they could have done something to show why they matter, like get a kickback from the hotel for free water in the room, or a free drink at the bar, or free early check in or something. Nothing special, not a service I'd pay for.

susanc348
3/1/18

I went on trivago hotels and put in Eureka, CA...I have family there.. A page of hotels came up for Eureka, Ca . It was one page and when I went to the bottom of the page there was this cabin. It was inexpensive and even came with pictures. I. Fell in love with it . I showed my brother and my daughter who is coming with me . She said book it. I did and then I called my nephew in Eureka to tell him about it . He looked it up himself and the map was not from Eureka , Ca it was Eureka Montana. Your search engine had them on the same page. That was your fault. Why would you stick in Eureka Montana on a Search for Eureka,Ca. I can call you . You have no number. I'm just glad I didn't wait until I got there and found out I didn't have a place to stay. Yes I was. Able lo cancel, but it will take 5 to 7 business days to go back on my credit..you need to chance this so it doesn't happen to someone else.

sarahd200
2/28/18

Was nice to have the pool, but would have loved a hot tub to relax muscles after walking in the city. Jonathan at the hotel bar had great personality and was very welcoming. Hotel was clean and concierge service was phenomenal!! Hotel was clean and upscale. Valet was on spot. Free breakfast was below standard, but it was free...so can't complain.

dnyaneshwars
2/19/18

I was stay in hotel shahu and sai shahu stay is very good. room is very nit & clean. Restaurant presentable very good food. well maintain hygiene lovely garden is there.
very good car parking. I enjoy in bar langue also. My Room no is 301.
check in - 15/02/2018. check out - 16/02/2018.

paula1421
2/17/18

I booked a reservation with Trivago for the Tillary Hotel in Brooklyn for the night of Sat 2/1718. They filtered me through a site called Amoma. I totally understand hotel booking policies as I travel often. This was a quick trip to visit our daughter. However we have to travel 4 hours by car to see her. Unfortunately, New York is having a snow storm tonight which would impede our travel back early on Sunday morning. I called Amoma on Fri night to explain that I would need to cancel my reservation & would probably re-book in 2 weeks. The rep I spoke to was Ingrid & she advised that she would call back in a couple of hours with an answer. I did not receive that call. I did find this morning an e-mail from Chris @ Amoma that they would not re-fund my reservation money back. I wrote back to Chris stating that it was beyond my control to come to Brooklyn for travel & safety reasons for my family. It's too bad that corporate greed has taken over this country I guess they really need the little guy's money. Unfortunately, this review has to stand as a negative for Trivago & Amamo...........

elizabethh179
2/13/18

Their persistent and excessive TV advertisements are enough to drive anyone bonkers. Whenever one of their ads come up I immediately change channels. I would rather use any other travel site than theirs.

johnd940
1/19/18

Buillded on the shore of the river in βelgrade very nice pub -restaurant excellent food taste -quality excellent service friendly atmosphere. Easy access by bus or taxi and 50 meters walking distance. Nice music friendly enviroment very warm.

70 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Dear Christine, Thank you for taking the time to post a question. Apologies for the delay in our response. Should you ever have an issue with your hotel search on trivago you can also contact us directly at info@trivago.com or refer to the FAQs on our website for immediate information - http://company.trivago.com/support/ It is important to bear in mind that as a hotel search, trivago is not involved in the booking process between the user, the online travel agent and the hotel. trivago keeps no records of the transactions made through the booking sites and cannot alter or access your booking in any way. In order to make any changes, cancel, or confirm a reservation, you need to contact the booking site which you used. On trivago, users can search and compare different hotels and prices on our site. We pull information from multiple OTAs (online travel agencies) and display the prices together. However, once a user clicks through to view deal, they are directed to the appropriate booking site which provides that price to complete reservation and payment details. trivago doesn't actually have any involvement in the making of the booking. Hotels distribute discounted rates to multiple booking sites which are usually under the normal BAR or sell rate which can be booked directly at the hotel. What trivago does is simply displays them all together, in one place, for users to compare and choose from. Our main purpose is to help users find their ideal hotel. We function as a portal for hotels to advertise themselves, as well as a meta-search for booking sites to display their rates and increase the traffic to their companies. Our main goal is to help people find that particular ideal hotel to fit their needs, then they can book it however they choose. We hope that the above clarifies what trivago is and how our free hotel comparison site works. Should any of you need any further assistance please do get in touch with us through the above means. Kind regards, James Morrison trivago user support.

By James M., Trivago Representative

Dear Michelle, Thank you for your message and I would be happy to help. Depending on the booking site you choose to make your reservation with (ex. Expedia, booking.com, Agoda etc.) you may be required to prepay for the booking in full, an authorization (hold) on your credit card may be placed, or you may have to simply pay upon check out at the hotel. I would suggest reading the policy of the particular booking site you use, to see how their payment process works. As trivago is a hotel meta-search, meaning users can search and compare different hotels and prices on our site, we pull information from multiple OTAs (online travel agencies such as Expedia or Booking.com) and display the prices together. However, once a user clicks through to book a room, they are directed to the appropriate booking site which provides that price to complete reservation and payment details. trivago doesn't actually have any involvement in the making of the booking. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Kind regards, James Morrison trivago user support.

By James M., Trivago Representative

Prepaid, You will probably not get your full refund. It is an overseas location. They charge "foreign " transaction fees. It will also take months. I suggest book elsewhere

By steve m.

Hello Wayne, I am very sorry to hear that you have had this issue with your booking. If you have not already done so, please contact the booking site that you made the reservation with in order to correct your dates. Please note, as a hotel meta-search, we keep no records of the transactions made through the booking sites and cannot alter or access your booking in any way I am afraid. In order to make any changes, cancel, or confirm your current reservation, you will need to contact the booking site which you used. If you need any further assistance, please contact us at info@trivago.com and we will do our utmost to help you. Kind regards,

By James M., Trivago Representative

Dear Julie, Thank you for your message and we would be happy to help. As a hotel search and not a booking site, trivago keeps no records of the transactions made through the booking sites and cannot alter or access your booking in any way I am afraid. In order to make any changes, cancel, or confirm your current reservation, you will need to contact the booking site which you used. Please let us know if I can be of any further assistance. Kind regards, James Morrison trivago user support USA/CA

By James M., Trivago Representative

Dear Harry, Thank you for your question. As a hotel search and not a booking site, trivago keeps no records of the transactions made through the booking sites and cannot alter or access your booking in any way. In order to make any changes, cancel, or confirm your current reservation, you will need to contact the booking site which you used. On trivago, users can search and compare different hotels and prices on our site. We pull information from multiple OTAs (online travel agencies) and display the prices together. However, once a user clicks through to ‘view deal’, they are directed to the appropriate booking site which provides that price to complete reservation and payment details. trivago doesn't actually have any involvement in the making of the booking. If you remember the booking site, you made your reservation with, please contact them directly. Alternatively, you can look at your credit card statement to see if the company’s name is displayed next to the charge. If you do need further assistance you can get in touch with our user support team at info@trivago.com. They will do their utmost to assist you. Kind regards, trivago user support.

By James M., Trivago Representative

Dear Susan, Thank you for your question and for using trivago to find your ideal hotel. The answer from Steve is almost correct - As a hotel search and not a booking site, trivago keeps no records of the transactions made through the booking sites and cannot alter or access your booking in any way I am afraid. In order to make any changes, cancel, or confirm your current reservation, you will need to contact the booking site which you used. On trivago, users can search and compare different hotels and prices on our site. We pull information from multiple OTAs (online travel agencies such as Expedia or Booking.com) and display the prices together. However, once a user clicks through to book a room, they are directed to the appropriate booking site which provides that price to complete reservation and payment details. trivago doesn't actually have any involvement in the making of the booking. If you both need any further assistance at all please get in touch with us directly at info@trivago.com. We will do our utmost to help you. Kind regards, trivago user support.

By James M., Trivago Representative

Hello Sarah, Thanky you for your question and for using trivago. Also Phil, thank you very much for your very informed answer, we appreciate it. Sarah, if you do not see the currency on the top right corner of the page please scroll to the very bottom and you will see it there. This is a new feature we are testing out as we update the look of our pages. If you need any more assistance at all please get in touch with us at info@trivago.com Kind regards,

By James M., Trivago Representative

Victoria is correct. Trivago is a search engine, not a booking site. You must contact the booking site you chose for cancellation policy.l

By Ed J.

Read the terms of the booking company you used. Trivago is a search engine only. Many booking companies that come up on a Trivago search have a non-refundable policy, especially the lowest bids. If so, you are outta luck!

By Ed J.
Questions? Get answers from the Trivago staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Trivago