TravelRepublic.co.uk reviews

Kingston Upon Thames, SRY KT2 6NH, GB
Tel: +44-208-9747200

gcapicchg
5/23/19

Weekend booking made on 21 March 2019 in Calabria from 27 to 30 June 2019 at Hotel delle Stelle - Sangineto (CS).
Reservation confirmed for more than a month and then CANCELED office on May 14, 2019, without my consent, as the customer service informed me that the price purchased (in EUR) was not for Italians but only for residents in the UK. "WHAT YOU NEVER VIEW". The problem of the low price purchased (270 ), according to them, was put forward by their local agency to which they refer for reservations in Calabria (Meeting Point Italia - Tropea (VV) which does NOT have accepted the price too low 270 but they asked me, as a citizen residing in Italy, the new price of 392. PAY ATTENTION that the bookings through this site are NOT reliable, because if the agreed price, is OK for them then OK , but if it is too low, they only create problems and cancel your office booking, even without your consent. They reimburse, but in the meantime, after 1 month and a half, they create the damage anyway.
Beware as the TRAVELREPUBLIC.IT site does NOT exist anymore and also the customer service number +390112343634 no longer answers anyone, they agree incorrect prices with local partners justifying that they are only for UK residents.

michaelj514
7/1/18

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. ADVERTISES ROOMS THEY DONT HAVE AND TAKE YOUR MONEY IMMEDIATELY.

THEY THEN TRY AND SELL YOU AN ATERNATIVE ROOM AT A HIGHER RATE OR A DIFFERENT HOTEL.

THEIR REFUND POLICY TAKES 3-5 DAYS SO IF YOU ARE BOOKING A LAST MINUTE TRIP, YOU ARE COMPLETELY TRAPPED AS MAY NOT HAVE FUNDS TO WAIT FOR A REFUND AND BOOK WITH A RESPECTABLE COMPANY

THEY CAN EASILY CHECK THE AVAILABILITY BEFORE THEY TAKE YOU MONEY BUT THEY CYNICALLY DONT.

*******BEWARE*********BEWARE********BEWARE

davidm824
1/29/18

Have booked several group trips via this web site and have had no problems with the booking service. l The conditions of booking were clear and concise not hidden away in small print. Having had a bad experience with another site, will only be using this site from now on. most of the poor reviews seem to be about the actual hotels and as such feel these complaints should be made directly to hotels concerned.

yusuft6
12/31/17

First of all, I was checking the bookings on a hotel from a different website then they told me it was sold out, then I found TravelRepublic and saw that they apparently had rooms left. So I went ahead and made my booking, fully paid, downloaded the app, gave them all my information etc to get as smooth booking as possible.
Then since they didnt give much information about the room I wanted to book I wanted just a simple question to be answered, "how big is the room in square meters" (as we are 3 adults in the same room and the hotel has either a 45 square meter room or a 71 square meter room. So we wanted to know which type of room we booked as there was no information about this at the booking.

I went ahead and tried to call their line in the UK, was in the queue for over 1 hour and 10 minutes and got kicked out of the queue??? with the incredible cost per minute of 0,6 per minute. which cost me 42. Amazing. It doesnt stop there...

I went ahead and messaged them on facebook instead since there was supposed to send me another confirmation e-mail to me which i'd had to respond to within 12 hours of the booking which was about to pass the 12 hour mark. I didn't even get a confirmation email so i was destined to not complete my booking and having to wait 3-9 bank days for parts of my money to come back to my bank account.
I just got a simple answer "there is a queue system that's going by your booking date, thank you for your patience" like what the f***? how ever they did make a costumer support request..
which took them freaking 24 hours to respond to! and of course in between loads of excuses from their facebook employees, like we will send you an update as soon as we got a confirmation from the hotell, like if i really wanted to I could ask them myself but now my issue was not about how big the room was, but what they will do about this 12 hour confirmation timeline that I was given after the booking?? I asked them this multiple times and I get this answer.
"Please do not worry, some bookings can take longer than others to confirm."
How the hell does it take so long time to confirm something when you can instantly withdraw my money from my bank account?

So what was my final answer that I got that made me give this rating?
I got the answer
"We have been notified by your hotel provider, GTA, that the room you have requested is not available. Availability has changed while you were submitting your booking details as providers work on a live system."
GUESS WHAT??? NOW WHEN I CHECK THE SITE AGAIN I CAN ACTUALLY "BOOK" THE SAME ROOM AGAIN!? Amazing, scam artists.

Its actually soo much more I could add to this website but its not worth more of my time. I'll just copy and paste this to every review site of Travel Republic so others wont get scammed as I got scammed.

Tip for consumers: Dont use this site, they are trying to sell overbooked rooms and then to pay you back -10£. which becomes their proffit. Also takes 20-30 hours for them to respond to the most simplest question. example if there is a TV in the room or not. also it will take about 3-9 days for some of your money back.

NOT WORTH IT!!! EVEN IF YOU GET A "BETTER DEAL" rather pay 50$ extra to just skip all this bullcrap!

moiraa2
8/9/17

Booked through travel republic who were very efficient booked Thursday flight tickets hotel voucher and transfer voucher came by Monday morning Glenda was really nice nothing was a problem made the booking very easy we stayed at the hermes hotel mehmet and the staff were amazing and friendly the hotel was clean the cleaners made sure the towels every other day were fresh ones bedding was changed twice we only stayed one week the breakfast was plentiful if you wanted full english you could have one for a small fee if I go to marmaris again I would stay at hermes hotel we left at 1.50am Monday morning and mehmet and all the staff came to see us of nothing was too much trouble for them and there guests so thakyou travel republic and mehmet and the staff and guests at the hermes hotel.

rolandh31
4/4/17

x13 of us went & were amazed that ONLY =- X 6 others were staying inTHE HOTEL WHICH HAS OVER X300 beds. IT WAS COLD THE FOOD WAS GENERALLY POORAS THEY WERE TRYING TO ECONOMISE. THE STAFF HAD BLANKETS OVER THEIR SHOULDERS IN RECEPTION & DINING ROOM. OTHER AREAS WERE TOO COLD DESPITE OUR COMPLAINING. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE OVERALL.

jow34
10/13/16

We had issues throughout our stay including allocated room, cockroaches, air conditioning leaked all over our room all week, filthy sagging mattresses. Complained on our return and travel republic denied all knowledge. Don't waste your money. Cowboy firm

coletteg1
8/10/16

Booked holiday for me and autistic child with travel republic. Not only did they place is in a dirty, extremely noisy hotel on return flight when for to airport it was cancelled by easyjet indefinitely. With very little money left in own account I had to dip into child's savings for another flight £324 to get us home. When tried to claim cancelled flight and other flights money back from travel republic they have refused to assist me in any way, shape or form. I would tell anyone DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

maureene7
2/26/16

If you have any kind of problem they don't want to know!
I booked transfers with them , they use a company called A2B transfers who are terrible do not turn up and you are left making your own way to airport !
Travel Republic are not interested!
I will never use this company

lynns53
1/31/16

Good experience with Travel Republic
I recently booked two separate flights with them, realised within 6 hours that I'd booked the wrong dates. They were very helpful in changing them with no fee(as it was within 24hours), they called back when they said they would twice. No complaints it was my first booking with them and based on that would definitely use them again.

lynnp26
9/7/15

have used these on loads of occasions from holidays to hotels.their £1.00 deposit scheme has made it possible for me to treat my kids to a few trips away that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford.reasonable priced holidays
easy to use website for booking and customer service is excellent when I've needed to ring.just booked a transfer through them a lot cheaper than hoppa so we'll see how that goes.wouldn't hesitate to use them again

margarets57
8/31/15

Be careful when booking with this company, They have terms and conditions that are not made clear at the time of booking. Recently I placed a deposit on accommodation. A deposit is normally taken to be a monies paid down and you lose that deposit if you fail to fulfill your side of the contract by the date outlined. The term deposit is misleading. You will in fact be charge 40 euro or more if you wish to cancel your booking. I was cancelling a booking a two months in advance. I have been a customer of Travel Republic for some time and have recommended it to others. The have changed their terms of business. I will now be using a company whose terms are way clearer. It is very disappointing.

stana6
6/1/14

I recently had a problem booking a hotel through Travelrepublic.co.uk. In the age of booking hotels direct via the internet, this is a scam which is becoming more and more used by unscrupulous hotels and booking sites.

I'd booked and paid for 3 rooms for 3 nights at The Senacki Hotel in Krakow two months in advance through Travelrepublic.co.uk. Five days before we were due to travel, Travel Republic advised us that 'due to an overbooking they were relocating us to the Kossak Hotel'. This is a sister hotel to the Senacki and is claimed to be a 4* and of a similar standard but it is not. Perhaps it was 20 years ago, now it's a tired and ugly 3* at best and located 10-15 minute walk away from the town centre and the hotel we had originally booked, consequently it's 15-20% cheaper then the Senacki Hotel.

Travelrepublic were of course very sorry and if we wanted to cancel we could have a full refund. But as we had also booked and paid for our return flights, airport taxis and Krakow tours this wasn't as easy as it sounds. We did check other hotel options but we couldn't find any that had 3 rooms on the dates we were traveling.

Travelrepublic completely abdicated any responsibility saying it wasn't their fault and there was nothing they could do. Neither they, nor the hotel, offered any price reduction or compensation. We were simply left with a 'take it or leave it' attitude.

I am a frequent traveller who has been using the internet for booking hotels around the world for years. This is the first time l have personally encountered this kind of problem, however I have noticed a number of fellow travellers reporting similar experiences on Tripadvisor.com.

It's a simple scam for a hotel and/or a booking agency to allow over booking at a good hotel then days before travelling advise customers that 'due to an overbooking' they were been relocated to a cheaper hotel. Yes, of course, they could cancel and receive a full refund, but for all independent travellers they would have already bought and paid for their flights and would not have the option to cancel these without incurring quite a substantial penalty. Therefore, with only days before travelling, what options would you have other then to accept the change offered.

Beware fellow travellers!

coletter
9/9/13

Today I booked a 10 night holiday to the Algarve with this site. I decided to review the hotels and then telephoned. AMAZING value. Excellent service with confirmation within an hour by email. Excellent service and will definitely check this site before booking another hotel or flight.

hotelglamouri
9/6/13

They don't allow listings for hotels in south america. their customer service sucks they get back to you very late and when you call them they only have the option to assist people that made bookings and not businesses.

jamesf18
12/17/11

Booked an hotel whith travelrepublic.co.uk in October when I got to hotel they had no room for me and told me to come back next day.found my own hotel in the end when I got back home complained to travelrepublic you can only do this by email,but i am getting nowhere after two months.

Would never use this site again and would never recommend them to any one.

iang1
10/31/10

Got a good rate on booking a Paris hotel for three nights in October 2010. No problems.

Questions? Get answers from the TravelRepublic.co.uk staff and other customers.

TravelRepublic.co.uk?