American Express Travel reviews

Tel: 1-800-297-2977
2017 Customer choice award

josephj131
8/3/18

I needed to change my return flight from a trip to Europe. Aside from the fact that they have a very high change fee, which is to be expected (I guess) for tickets purchased with reward points, expect exceedingly long hold times, representatives that are poorly trained and have to put you back on hold several times, a very high instance of "dropped" calls, and ultimately not having your problem addressed. For this one change I spent a total of more than 12hours on the phone and ultimately had to buy another ticket from another airline and lose the return flight I booked with Amex. They are taking no responsibility for this wretched treatment. I'm closing my Amex Platinum account and going to Chase.

irvingc19
7/23/18

Had to cancel return portion of my trip, called American Airlines they said I needed to talk to Am Exp as that's where i booked my ticket, after 45 min on hold i was advised having system problems and call back... called back today and was advised I do Not get any credit for unused portion of my ticket, when booking direct with airlines you get credit or travel voucher for unused portion NOT Am Exp they give you future travel credit which then gets assessed $200/ticket change fee. Will book direct with airlines in future!

sandrac295
7/17/18

STAY AWAY from AMEX Traval. Worst booking and worst customer service ever. They booked me the connecting flight, the 45 mins layout was too short, we didn't have enough time to pass the custom and recheck in again. By the time we were planning to get onto the connecting flight, the gate was closed. Me, husband and two small kids had to wait overnight at outside the airport to catch the next flight in the morning. We were sitting on the bench with my two small kids for hours.
We were trying to complain, we were on the phone for 3 hours and we called them over 5 times. No final result and still waiting for them to call me.

alexanderb121
7/4/18

My card was double charged by American express for the same air tickets, which I've requested to them to investigate by email and phone. During one week I've been requesting to give me any feedback on the matter, connect me with the person in charge, give me any deadline, but all in vain.

They expressively say that the management is occupied with more important matters and they don't have time to manage customer issues. Moreover, I'm contacting them on behalf of a big multinational company, and still they don't show any interest in approaching the customer's issues.

So be aware, that 1) American Express will do mistakes when booking your trip
2) they will not care about solving their mistakes
3) you will not be able to reach anyone who can take care of your issue

So use this esteemed agency at your own risk only..

elenat28
6/15/18

I am from Business Travel myself and I booked tickets on AmEx for my private trip. ID 2817-1287! And when I had to change my booking , I faced nightmare called american express travel department!! I was on hold 3 hours and the man could not pull out my booking and could not modify it! The next day was the same with another manager! I will never never use this agency !!

nileshs13
4/4/18

I stayed here during some work in Pune with family. I booked non a.c room for three during the month of February and I found the non AC room suitable for that month. More

sl501
3/8/18

I have used AMEX Travel to book a trip (AMEX TRAVEL TRIP ID: 2391-4064 tk#2357956583438) on Turkish airlines in March 2016. I had to cancel the trip due to an emergency well prior (by 4 days) to the departure date. During that time AMEX travel advised that there will be $135 ticket fees only for rebooking the ticket and that I would get a credit for the remaining amount, and that I can be refunded for the ticket if I prove the emergency reason for the cancellation.
I have been working with AMEX travel for the past year to get my refund and they haven't been helpful at all. All what I'm getting is that the airlines (Turkish) is not willing to compensate.
When time came for me to use the credit now AMEX is demanding to charge additional $270-no show fee!
I have called AMEX supervisors and they confirmed that they will wave the $270 no show fee. When I called back to reserve my new ticket, they advised that they will be charging $135+$270, despite that they have misinformed me about the required fees. They mentioned that there is nothing I can do about it, and that I have no choice but paying!

katinaw2
2/12/18

I booked a room at the Westin via American Express Travel. It was a pretty good experience. I cant say I saved more using America Express, but the process was pretty smooth and easy. Here is a video of my room: https://youtu.be/vRvCCWmqvxM

kimberlc
11/26/17

OK. The scenery was amazing. No one mentioned it was an LGBTQ nightlyrics meet up as the only get togethersome on the ship.
They Never played one drop of music on the decks. The entertainment was hanging in the room with the music station.
Food, spa and service was amazing!
We got a ton of sleep.
I'M 41 and I was the youngest person on board.

johnl543
11/9/17

I am switching my Platinum Card to a Chase Sapphire. Amex Platinum and it's website are terrible. Not at all premium experience. The website frequently freezes. It takes forever to book anything. Then if it freezes, you often find that you cannot tell if you did or did not book a ticket. The phone tree is awful. Online chat is horrible.

Done with you AMEX

julieh157
7/12/17

Food, spa and service was amazing!
We got a ton of sleep.
I'M 41 and I was the youngest person on board.

mored1
5/24/17

I travel a lot. It makes me happy and I need to make sure that my flight is safe and there's nothing to worry about. I used American express several times and there were no inconvenient situations. Top rating!

silac
2/13/17

nice website. I will use them in future as well as now. 24 suppot, good job, nice service. Traveling with them is a party all the time.

anaz7
10/13/16

great benefits!

germainea
10/8/16

So many times i travel in american express and i am satisfied with their service. tremendous service provide from them and amazing facility to every travellers.

michaelw280
8/12/16

The reviews from SiteJabber are very helpful to travelers.

ljg1
6/25/16

have many options to use your points from rental cars, hotels, planes etc. all connected to your card so if not enough can charge to card and get more points

frankt48
3/11/16

No wonder American Express Travel is one of the world largest and most successful travel online supplier, I went to my vacations last month and everything was perfect.

willieh18
2/24/16

give big diso$#*!s if you use AMEX

fredl35
12/28/15

Closing the American Express office in Paris may be the dumbest business decision after New Coke (of the entire 20th C).

Every famous American writer, including Hemingway, included the Paris office in stories. For more than 50 years it was an obligatory stop for American tourists in Europe.

Then they closed the American Express office in La Jolla and Cannes and everywhere else.

Concierge service on the internet is not the same as the old concierge service at American Express offices, face-to-face.

A couple walks into the La Jolla American Express office and half hour later walk out having spent $80,000 for an around the world cruise.This is not the sort of thing that can be replicated online.

American Express the card and the Travel Offices had a monopoly of the business of American upper-middle class tourism and they threw it away for no good reason.

cherylw29
12/27/15

I love using AMEX Platinum Card travel. It's so easy. They assign you a travel agent, who learns and remembers your preferences, helps you find the best deal and is always there to help if something goes wrong. They have access to the best places, best rates and many extras. I love it! Cheryl W.

marinellef
8/24/15

Good that's all I can Say.

giusepped4
3/17/15

Once upon a time, I needed to use a travel agent and I used American Express Corporate Travel because they'd find me good deals. Then I found that I could get much better deals online or via voucher companies. The extra Membership Rewards points were worth a lot less than the extra dollars I was paying so I ditched them.

markg101
2/11/15

Extra ordinary services with endless enjoyment.

justint30
1/13/15

Whenever I travel I use my Amex card. I get extra points, extra insurance (collision on car rentals, etc.) and lots of help if I need to book things. Oh and I even use travelers checks sometimes.

24 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the American Express Travel staff and other customers.

American Express Travel?