Reservations.com reviews

Tel: 800-916-4339
support@reservations.com

russm42
12/12/19
Very frustrating experience to book something and not notice the "fine print" noting that the charge was in USD and non-refundable bookings. When calling the customer service centre they were not helpful in even considering amending to CAD regardless of the subject property being booked was in Canada and we booked in Canada, and are Canadian.
I would never book with this company again.
tammiew20
12/10/19
We got directed to this when we were looking for a room to go to a bowl game in Jacksonville??? Not sure how!! They told us they did not have the Hilton requested but could book us in one 5 minutes away. It was very confusing as they had to book us in one room for two nights and one night in another room!! When we went to the reviews of the hotel they were horrible!!! So we called to cancel and get another hotel. Their customer service was rude and could barely speak English!! They told us that we could not change to another Hilton or any other hotel. It was non refundable and if we cancelled we would just be out the money. They did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help us. Needless to say we are out lots of money! After giving the witch a piece of my mind I told her that I would bash them all over the internet which I am doing and I will continue doing! I am in customer service and if I treated people that way I would be fired! I can't believe that a company is allowed to scam people like this and a lawyer has not gotten a hold of it and make a fortune!! Moral of the story....under no circumstances use Reservations. Com!!
kathya185
12/9/19
There were hidden, undisclosed fees and there no notification on phone of No changes or refunds. It is only after I received my confirmation that these "terms" were disclosed. And wouldn't you know it, it was the one time I needed to be able to change a reservation because of an emergency.
mikec948
12/9/19
Made a booking thru them and the room was used as booked.
When making the reservaation, they NEVER said there'd be booking fee of $19.99.
My card got charged for this fee and I never got an email about the booking.
Tried to talk with them about this but they're unwilling to address the problem.
robertt949
12/9/19
This company was mis-leading from the start. They represent themselves as the hotel. They have higher rates than the hotel. They do not allow cancellations in the specified time-frames. Hotels have difficulty finding your reservations or printing your receipts. I book many hotels yearly for business and these guys need to be shut down and disallowed as a third party booking company for the hotel chains. They are fortunate to be at a distance overseas where i cannot visit them personally.

Tip for consumers: Stay away!!!! Its in the hands of a VISA representative now to hopefully take through the arbitration process for a refund.

angelah392
12/8/19
After something came up and I had to cancel my hotel reservation, I attempted to contact reservations.com 3 X to cancel. I was well inside the cancelation period, but they continued to punt me back to the actual hotel. The hotel could not do anything about it and in the end reservations.com was happy to cancel my reservation after I was outside my cancelation period but would not return my money.
hamouchet
12/8/19
I tried to cancel a reservation 10 minutes after I made it on line and was told it was non-refundable. I am fighting it tooth and nail!!
I didn't find out about their refund policy until I received the confirmation email after I made the purchase.
What a scam!!
edp124
12/6/19
BEWARE. Don't book through reservations.com
They're a scam and a rip-off. I made a reservation through them and was not shown all the costs and fee.
Once I got the confirmation text I was shocked at what I was charged. I called customer service and was told that I could not cancel The reservation because the booking was for the same day.
tonys664
12/5/19
I ACCIDENTALLY used their horrible, web booking site because I got routed there unknowingly. When I tried to change my room to the right hotel they moved me to another city. They only let you call them and they're all Phillipino and barely speak English. I repeated the city multiple times, I even recorded it. Then when we got to our location we had no rooms, they wouldn't help me and just kept putting me on hold. I asked to speak to a supervisor, on hold, check rooms, on hold, horrible, absolutely the worst experience ever. And they're with EXPEDIA.COM. SO DON'T USE THEM EITHER. Add credibility to my story with a photo of what? My charges?
darrinr20
12/4/19
I booked a hotel and they made there site look like the hotel website.once I booked the room we realized it was not on the hotel site I called to cancel or change the reservation the next day and they said no changes or cancelation.They said I would lose the whole cost of the reservation.Someone should shut them down
julieh705
12/3/19
• Updated review
Persistence paid off! The company agreed to refund all the charges once we had completed our stay at the hotel. I was rather sceptical but they were true to their word and refunded. Just a shame I had to fight for it
“Hidden extra charges with very limited time to review before purchase”
11/14/19
• Previous review
Totally immoral company. Huge fees that are difficult to see. Massive time pressure to complete purchase before you are timed out. Virtually impossible to read their Ts&Cs within the time frame. The site appears to be that of the hotel but it is that of the parent company in the US. Complaints are responded to with standard emails protesting their transparency. Several emails down the line it is my fault for not checking all the details! I have advised everyone I can think of to avoid this site
rt148
12/1/19
Bad experience across the board:
- They don't accept cancelations, but they don't call it that way in order to be deceiving. They say that they allow cancellations, but they don't refund any money paid (neither for the hotel price, nor for their $20 fee)!!!!! Can you believe it? So they allow "cancelations" in order to charge a client the full paid price (no refund) and pay the hotel nothing!!! So they trick the client two times: when the client books (as the no-cancellations policy is not displayed properly) and if the client "cancels" because this is when reservations.com makes most of the money (full profit on the full not-refunded hotel fees and zero cost - nothing to pay to the hotel).
- Their (no) cancellation policy is not shown anywhere visible, one has to go get additional documents in order to read all these dirty tricks.
- The site is made (and the advertising is paid by them to show up on top of a search list) in order to trick somebody who does not pay proper attention to believe that they are on the hotel's Reservations' page/website.
- I am Canadian and I booked from Canada for a hotel in another Canadian city and there is no indication that the listed price is in US dollars. I thought that they are in Canadian dollars. I have seen the US dollars only after the price was paid and the electronic invoice was sent.
- Their $20 fee ($19.99 more precisely) is on top of the price shown and not indicated anywhere - as most of the reviewers indicated it, it only shows after it is paid...
- Their customer service know that they do all these dirty tricks and behave accordingly i.e. useless, even trying to make me "cancel" (with no refund) so that they make the most profit.
Bottom line: the law should prohibit such business!!!

Tip for consumers: Read the reviews if you consider using it!

bonniec178
12/1/19
Booked a room. Called to see if I could change to a different hotel in the chain 2 weeks before arrival. I was told yes and my money would be refunded. I booked the other hotel. I never received my money on the first hotel. Called kept names of who I spoke to, time I called and conformation numbers. When I called to see where my money was they said I was not aloud to cancel and I told them I was told I could. My hotel was canceled for the first one when I called the hotel although reservations.com said it was still booked. Someone lied. When I gave the manager the name of the person I spoke with and conservation number he said neither exited. I have all my records yet they say they Tape all their calls and could not bring up any of our Conversations. If this sounds suspicious, it's a scam and I am sending all my notes and husbands notes to BBB and the state consumer protection office. Paying for 2 hotels and staying in one, giving a 2 week notice and using the same chain. Yes I call it a scam. Especially when I asked them if it was the hotel I was trying to book and they keep saying Reservations. To make me think it was the hotel and it was the reservation at the hotel. Scam. I have all the notes and some taped conversation.
chrisg651
11/30/19
I got routed to this site inadvertly thru another travel site. Booked a "room" and paid in advance.

The hotel is known by one name online, and another to locals in the town... for good reason, it charges by the hour! In addition, there is a charge $20 charge for the reservation you never see until it hits your credit card.
davidm2653
11/30/19
Googled the hotel and this came up. I thought it was the hotel's service. Went to cancel and had to do it on the phone. Cancellation portal does not work. $20 non-refundable cancellation fee, which you only find out about after you book! 10-15 business days for refund. Stay away.
bryanm252
11/29/19
I booked the Bevy hotel on Thursday. I changed the reservation to Friday. After I arrived the hotel had no knowledge of the change do I had to pay again. The customer service did not care and said it was my problem. Cancel your reservation with reservations.com and book with the Hotel direct
rt147
11/29/19
Reserved 2 rooms for several days, but one of our party was a day late checking in. These scumbags cancelled the entire reservation for the second room for the duration of the trip *(5 days). They refuse to return my money, so I am out several hundred dollars and I still have to pay for another room.
dons418
11/28/19
There was miscommunication when booking a hotel. I got booked at a different hotel than I wanted. Customer service stepped up and got the issue resolved quickly.
jp725
11/26/19
I booked a room for 2 nights thru Reservations.com and was told I had Until 11:59 the same night to cancel which gave me 4 hours. When I called back in 30 minutes to cancel, I was told I would only be refunded for one night and penalized for the other. They didn't tell me that in the initial conversation 30 min prior when going over cancellation policy. Sorry Business. ALWAYS READ THE CANCELATION POLICY!!!
cindya153
11/26/19
They are a total scam! Lie and say they are with the hotel you are trying to book! Charge more than the hotel and then charge a $20 cancellation fee after cancelling 2 mins later. They are a rude and a horrible company!
billa208
11/25/19
I highly advise that you do not use the site. If you got tricked go to the better business bureau as this hurts their credibility and they are giving customers refunds.
jamiet174
11/25/19
They were horrible to do business with and wont let you change a thing on your reservations! POINTLESS and USELESS
cynthiab467
11/25/19
Do not ever book through these people...EVER! Booked for a 3 day stay and decided to stay only 2 days. Prior to the reservation we tried to cancel and all we got was a run around. Told us we do not have a reservation even though when we called the hotel we did. Hotel tried to call and they refused to talk to them and said they would call us...they never did. Come to find out they totally spelt our name wrong. I found this out through my charge card when I disputed the charge for 1 day that we did not stay there. Not to mention they charged double what the hotel charges. Their ads are false...its a bait and switch. Thankfully our charge card refunded the one day back to us but, this was a lesson learned. Not to mention the time and effort to get our money back! They are a total fraud in my opinion
pradeeps37
11/24/19
I made one reservation without realizing that I was not making it directly with the hotel. Then I had to cancel it for some reason. I called hotel and manager agreed to cancel without penalty provided I call reservation .com to cancel. I had to call 5 time and each time it took 30 minutes for the rep to pull up the reservation. They will not cancel the reservation and told me to wait for an email response in 7 days. Very hard to communicate with the on phone staff, slow and incompetent. poor service

Tip for consumers: do not book at this site

davew341
11/24/19
I accidently used these guys to reserve a hotel for a 3 week stay, they are very sneaky until they have your money, then they are happy to tell you they are not the hotel and you should call the hotel to solve your problem. I was on a Government trip so I shouldn't be charged tax. They charged it, so I called them back. They said, have the hotel take it off when you check in. I did that, called them to get it refunded, at first he said we need a name and title from someone at the hotel. So I waked to the front desk got that, called back and he put in the request, put me on hold for 10 minutes then told me my request was declined but he could offer me a "one time courtesy refund" of $125. That didn't sound very courteous to me so we argued for a while then he said if I wasn't happy with the courtesy refund that he would have to escalate it and they would get back to me in 5 days. The government pays they room fees but now I am stuck with a $450 bill for the taxes.
2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Reservations.com 390 N Orange Ave Orlando, FL. 32836 Write a letter of complaint to the US Department Justice or nothing will be done to have these crooks investigated. US Department of Justice 950 Pennsylvania Ave Re: Internet SCAM Washington, DC, 2053 Also complete the complaint form for the State of Florida Attorney General's Office on-line. If victims of this SCAM don't send a complaint to the US Dept. Of Justice, or to the State of Florida Attorney General's Office, then all of the complaining on review sites will amount to nothing. As far as law enforcement agencies are concerned, if they don't get a complaint, there is no victim and no crime.

By Douglas W.

Hello, Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely Reservations.com Support Team

By Reservations -., Reservations.com Representative

Forget about reporting reservations.com to the Better Business Bureau. It's totally worthless. Business members of the Better Business Bureau pay a fee to be registered with them. Usually, the BBB is nothing more than PR operation. If you're a member, and someone complains, usually nothing results. If you're not a paying member, and someone complains, then the BBB comes down hard on you in the form of bad reviews. If you really want to get even for being ripped off by the thieves at reservations.com, file a criminal complaint with the State of Florida Attorney Generals Office. You can do that on the internet. I also just sent a a complaint to the US Dept of Justice completely laying out the who-what-where-how the reservations.com SCAM works. Read my report above and follow up with a criminal complaint against reservations.com. What they are doing amounts to Fraud. If people on this site only write a complaint to get the anger out of their systems, why bother? The only thing that will make a difference is to file a criminal complaint against reservations.com. My posting toward the begining of this thread give the addresses you will need to file a criminal complaint. Lets get these criminals prosecuted and thrown into prison! Anybody who doesn't follow up by filing a complaint is only is only blowing hot air.

By Douglas R.

Impossible to get money back. They're just scumbags!!!

By Donna S.

Yes, this company charges a fee, which it will not refund even if you cancel your reservation within minutes!

By Dr S.

Yes, you were billed. Call your credit card company and report it as an unauthorized charge. Your company should remove it, send you a new card and assign you a new card number.

By Dr S.

Hello Brodie, We have sent you an email this morning regarding your concerns. Please email us directly so we may assist you. Sincerely, Customer Support Reservations.com

By Reservations -., Reservations.com Representative

OUR CUSTOMERS ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY. WE ARE FOCUSED ON YOUR SUCCESS! At a time when other companies are scaling back phone support, Reservations.com is investing to bring back the human element and expand its customer support organization to offer round the clock, live person phone assistance. We try to make everyone happy, unfortunately customers who writes reviews are mostly unhappy. we are making efforts to have our happy customers to write reviews too.

By Reservations -., Reservations.com Representative

We are based in USA but we also sale hotel rooms globally to canadian customers.

By Reservations -., Reservations.com Representative

It can be, if its refundable reservation. Every reservations has a different cancelation policy. Mostly last minute reservations are not cancelable.

By Reservations -., Reservations.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Reservations.com staff and other customers.

Reservations.com?