Reservations.com reviews

Tel: 800-916-4339
support@reservations.com

jayg171
9/18/19

Told me cheapest rate, booked hotel for 50 dollars cheaper. I asked the lady before I booked if I could cancel, they said I got a full refund until midnight. I just called 5 minutes later and she is saying not a full refund as it is in penalty window. I am disputing charge on my credit card and please stay far away from this company...criminals.

edwins69
9/18/19

As others have indicated, do not use this site under any circumstances. A room that should have cost $79 wound up costing me $130 through reservations.com. Additional charges/fees were only made clear after the reservation was made. Customer service provided no assistance in trying to reach a more equitable outcome. Stay away!!

mikeo286
9/17/19

they charge ridiculous fees. a $54 room at the travelodge in cordele, ga ended up $89. they added a $20 for "taxes and fees" - $10 more than on the actual travelodge site, plus another non-refundable $15 fee. when i called to question the charges and cancel the reservation, they said the $15 was not refundable, but they would waive it if i kept the reservation, but their other fees were also higher. the same room booked directly with travelodge was $65 - $24 cheaper!!!

lize86
9/16/19

Check the Better Business Bureau first and read the 254 complaints also see various other sites that tell what happened to others like me. I made a reservation for a specific type of room that included breakfast. I get to the hotel and I have a basic room and no breakfast included. Of course I called the reservation center and was told by the supervisor that it was my fault for making the reservation online as he put it "by myself". What is the point of booking online making the correct selections and then being told it's my fault for not getting their help. I know what I selected and I didn't get it.

pablor37
9/16/19

We booked a hotel at an agreed upon price. When we arrived they were going to charge us $40 more due to our small dog (La Quinta in Elk City, OK). When we stated that wasn't in the price we left and immediately contacted reservations.com. There response was basically tough luck. We fought the charges and still were ripped off a nights stay. DO NOT USE.

tovaw
9/16/19

I thought I was booking with the hotel directly. when I realized my mistake I contacted them for a refund. They shorted me $50 and refuse to refund it saying it is exchange rate between Canadian and US dollars

theresas213
9/15/19

I'm usually very careful not to use a booking agent and always call the hotel which is what I thought I did while traveling on the road today. I Google searched, and it appeared to be the actual hotel. I asked repeatedly if it was because he was somewhat rushed and rude(1st hit of a problem). He repeatedly assured me that this was in fact Laquinta & Wyndham. He also said there was only one room left at this location, completely false on everything.
I was charged a $14.99 booking fee which was included in the rate he quoted but explained as hotel tax. It actually was a separate transaction on my credit card. The amount for the actual room was less than that, probably what they pay out?? He also wouldn't honor my AAA discount...another obvious tipoff.
Hotel was prepaid upon my arrival and completely dead, not at all sold out...
So far my rush to book didn't amount to too big of a RIP off compared to what I'm reading but I feel that they now have my info, including email. I have alerted my credit card company to their shady practices and am on the lookout for any other charges.
Be aware and follow your intuition!

karenm1217
9/15/19

I have had a terrible experience with reservations.com. I am a Canadian and I booked a hotel in Canada from Montana and they charged me in US funds. The hotel was $190.00 Canadian and in the end reservations.com charged me $251.21 CDN plus a $17.70 service fee. So be ware Canadians do not book with this company, even if you are in Canada and book with them, they will still charge you in US funds. I will never, never book with this company again, very poor customer service.

jf427
9/14/19

I was also ripped off like others. I ended up paying much more than I was led to think I was going to pay. It is shameful that Expedia is complicit in this scam

claudem60
9/13/19

They make their website look like you are logged on to the hotel chain you are booking.
Extra fees and overpriced rooms don't show up until you actually pay. It scrolls automatically to the credit card input section, scrolling past the fees and total booking charges so you don't get a chance to see them unless you scroll back up the page!
This is an online scam, don't use these guys. they will probably be gone before the feds get involved!!!!!!!

scotts829
9/12/19

Charged almost $200 over the hotel price. Avoid these guys. False advertising. Again this group does not shoot straight.

joej321
9/11/19

The website's cancellation policy was hard to find on website and I booked the room. I explained it to customer service and they allowed me to cancel my reservation and refunded all my money except for the $14 dollar service charge, They responded to my email promptly.

paulk629
9/11/19

A form of Internet fraud_Phishing? all the below reviews seem to be right on. Thought I was going directly to the Hotel but I wasn't. Figured it out by the $14.99 fee that they broker through Priceline plus the outrageous fees. Called to cancel and got an over seas call center. Still waiting for my original booking to be refunded and they still expect me to pay the $14.99 fee. By booking directly through the Hotel I saved $170.00 for the 3 nights.

janelled27
9/10/19

I thought I was going straight to the hotel site and they hijacked my search. The rate was much higher but i still thought I was on the hotel site and that the rate had just gone up since I had first looked a week prior. I did not know until it was too late.
They were real quick to charge my card for the full amount and when I asked for a cancellation, they said it will be up to 30 days for a refund. Terrible business practices and the reps speak very poor English.

alisons114
9/10/19

They didnt tell me that it was reservation.com. they just took my reservation. Not help and on top of all of that they charged me a 14.99 fee I didnt know about till it was to late and I have a non refundable reservation that I could have been able to get at the same price but didnt tell me

johna1450
9/10/19

Although Reservations has a no cancellation, non-refundable policy, they were considerate enough to review and consider our cancellation request, due to health and extenuating circumstances. It took a while, but they came through.

jessep72
9/9/19

These people are aweful to deal with on the phone! They cant answer any of my questions as to why I was billed 64$ in taxes on a 228$ Hotel. Even the hotel I booked with stated in Ontario the only sales taxes are a total of 16%. Last time ill ever book with these people. Shame on me for not paying attention to this while booking but shame on these people for billing that plus a 15$ service fee. Especially when they cant even answer a question as simple as "Why am I paying 2x the taxes".

michellem838
9/9/19

I made a reservation online thinking I was dealing directly with the hotel, but surprise, I was dealing with reservations.com. Additionally, I was also dealing with booking.com - no bargains here - only several different entities lined up for additional price gouging. A very expensive hotel room in Iowa and an additional $14.99 fee from reservations.com for their "service" of gouging me. It's not easy to deal directly with a hotel through the internet by the time you are redirected through all the clever websites out there. In the future I will call the hotel directly. I suggest you do the same.

melanieb193
9/9/19

I had made a reservation and wanted to cancel it. I went through all the steps online. When I called the hotel they told me I still had a reservation. So I went back online and did the cancellation a 2nd time. To make sure, I also called the customer service of Reservations.com number. Representative kept telling me they couldn't do anything on their side as it was a "none refundable reservation"! I travel for work once a week, never again will I book with them.

arthurk93
9/7/19

I book a 3 night stay for 397.00 and found out I didn't need the last night so I canceled it. For Modifiy my reservation I am supposed to ge back $40.15 back instead of 1 night complete stay. Talked about a rip off

joeya42
9/7/19

Dying Mother, called to reserve a room for a week. Made the reservations no problem. Got to the hospital, decided to stay with the mother. Called and cancelled the room. Didn't know that the charge was non-refundable. Went to bank and filed a complaint regarding the charge. We are waiting to see if we can get our money back. I doubt it, what a piece of carp for a business.

em180
9/6/19

I called reservations.com customer service to cancel hotel reservations booked online as they were the booking party. Five days later still no refund nor email so I called back today to discover that I hadn't been processed at all after going through all the required steps days ago. I was told by their agent that I may not receive a refund although the hotel informed me that they would okay the refund due to canceling because of hurricane related issues. Needless to say, I had to call Priceline.com which is reservations.com funnel through to actually process my cancellation. Ding business this way is not professional nor is it fair to consumers. I will make certain that I stay clear of reservations that has this logo or name anywhere on it. Hopefully Priceline comes through on cancelling with a full refund. Was an awful experience twice within one week. Never again!

colbyw16
9/6/19

My grandfather passed away and we needed to cancel a hotel reservation. Reservation.com insisted on charging a $150 cancellation fee even after contacting customer service.

guyd58
9/3/19

I made a reservation today for a Holiday Inn Express stay for 2 nights. I was defrauded by this horde of thieves. I did a google search for Holiday Inn Express and this POS phone number came up. When I called, I asked the rep if I had contacted Holiday Inn express. The rep said Yes. That was fraud. So when she went through the litany of charges, I thought they were customary sales tax. Then I got the email with the whole host of ridiculous charges. Turns out I was overcharged $45.81 with their bogus fees. Just a word to the wise: make sure that who you call is who they say thery are. Reservations.com: scum sucking low lives.

nancid4
9/3/19

I strongly dislike the way this company handles business. I was attempting to book a room for New Years Eve at a local Casino, and I will admit I didn't realize I had gone off the local website and was redirected to reservations.com - thinking I was on the casino site a final question popped up did I want rewards, of course I'm thinking it's for a players card and clicked yes. The next thing I knew I had reservations for 3 nights at a hotel in New Jersey...wow. They instantly put a charge of over $700 on my charge card. It took me over 2 hours by phone and email to get it straightened out. Of course they charged my credit card a $14.99 fee for cancelling. Geez what a lousy way to do business. I will never use this company. It's not that I can't afford a lousy $15 but it's the idea of it.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

THEY ARE OWNED BY SCUMBAGS

By BRODIE A.

Hello, Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely Reservations.com Support Team

By Reservations -., Reservations.com Representative

Forget about reporting reservations.com to the Better Business Bureau. It's totally worthless. Business members of the Better Business Bureau pay a fee to be registered with them. Usually, the BBB is nothing more than PR operation. If you're a member, and someone complains, usually nothing results. If you're not a paying member, and someone complains, then the BBB comes down hard on you in the form of bad reviews. If you really want to get even for being ripped off by the thieves at reservations.com, file a criminal complaint with the State of Florida Attorney Generals Office. You can do that on the internet. I also just sent a a complaint to the US Dept of Justice completely laying out the who-what-where-how the reservations.com SCAM works. Read my report above and follow up with a criminal complaint against reservations.com. What they are doing amounts to Fraud. If people on this site only write a complaint to get the anger out of their systems, why bother? The only thing that will make a difference is to file a criminal complaint against reservations.com. My posting toward the begining of this thread give the addresses you will need to file a criminal complaint. Lets get these criminals prosecuted and thrown into prison! Anybody who doesn't follow up by filing a complaint is only is only blowing hot air.

By Douglas R.

Yes, this company charges a fee, which it will not refund even if you cancel your reservation within minutes!

By Dr S.

Yes, you were billed. Call your credit card company and report it as an unauthorized charge. Your company should remove it, send you a new card and assign you a new card number.

By Dr S.

Hello Brodie, We have sent you an email this morning regarding your concerns. Please email us directly so we may assist you. Sincerely, Customer Support Reservations.com

By Reservations -., Reservations.com Representative

We are based in USA but we also sale hotel rooms globally to canadian customers.

By Reservations -., Reservations.com Representative

OUR CUSTOMERS ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY. WE ARE FOCUSED ON YOUR SUCCESS! At a time when other companies are scaling back phone support, Reservations.com is investing to bring back the human element and expand its customer support organization to offer round the clock, live person phone assistance. We try to make everyone happy, unfortunately customers who writes reviews are mostly unhappy. we are making efforts to have our happy customers to write reviews too.

By Reservations -., Reservations.com Representative

Impossible to get money back. They're just scumbags!!!

By Donna S.

My experience is the same. reservations.com obviously nails a lot of unsuspecting Canadians this way. They don't make any attempt to help you out when they are confronted by this way of hosing us. Its a sleazy organization.

By Brian L.
Questions? Get answers from the Reservations.com staff and other customers.

Reservations.com?