Reservations.com reviews

Tel: 800-916-4339
support@reservations.com

astrab
2/13/18

BEWARE this is a scam organization. First, the charges are in US dollars, no matter where the hotel is. Second, there is a "service fee" that they don't warn you about. Third, the rates they advertise are not cheaper than the hotel rates - in our case they were more! Fourth, their cancellation policy makes it impossible to get a refund and rebook. Stay away.

criags
2/13/18

I booked a hotel four days in advance found out my wife had to work 1 hour after I booked with them call them and told that my wife had to work would not let me out of mt reservations.Called motel they said they would let me out of the room had to call Reservations.com back and tell them that motel would let me out of room they said no would let me change to a differt date STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!

savannahk5
2/12/18

I would give 0 if I could. I am a courier and was dispatched a delivery ten hours away. I googled hotels in the area, I found one that looked reasonable - $139 a night. I called the number, believing I was calling the hotel, but it was this company. The first guy I spoke with was nice, took my information down, and made my reservation. I got an email confirmation that only then showed USD. I am from Saskatchewan booking in Alberta and assumed it would be Canadian. I called back, but because the reservation was for tonight, they said if I cancelled I would still be charged the full amount $180 CAD & $14.99 cancellation fee. I asked to speak with a supervisor who told me that they would escalate my concern to their support team who would call the hotel and see if they would allow a refund as it was the hotels policy. They told me they would email me and assured me to keep checking my email for a resolution, which I did on my seven hour drive. No email. I get to the hotel and still nothing, I call back, I speak to the third agent of the day and explain my situation, he is immediately aggressive & rude!! He said there was a note in my file to call back for 12pm the next day!! I said that isn't what I was told and he was raising his voice at me and kept cutting me off telling me I booked with an American company and if I wanted to cancel, I explained I was in the parking lot and needed a place to stay and told this would be resolved today!!! I am now here for less than 8 hours and paying almost $200 when the rooms are advertised here for $135. I am absolutely livid!

nataliem94
2/8/18

Called to make a reservation and was told cancellations were refunded as long as i called a day or so before the check in date (important bc i had an if-y situation and may have needed to cancel or change) before completing the reservation he informs me of the $14.95 being non refundable charge for cancellations in his disclaimer and decided ok not worth it i'll wait. He tells me even if i do not complete the transaction i'll be charged the $14.95 i said why when you just not informed me of it asked me if i was ok with it and i said no? He places me on hold without saying anything, i held obviously bc he already had my card information - he comes back and tells me they "sorry ma'am we have no availability in any hotel for you" ahahah i said ok PERFECT so no $14.95? He says theres no reservation.... awesome?

-Also, he claimed that the fee was a federal one and laughed and said you'll get that any time you book a reservation and cancel... uhhhhh NO.

marinac27
2/8/18

Stay away!!!!! Do not use this website. Booked a hotel reservation (thought it was the hotel website) for August and just cancelled and there is a booking fee of 14.99. You will not receive this back!! Absolute Scam!!

nanz
2/5/18

My husband and I wish to stay in the Best Western Hotel in Boulder Colorado in early March. After looking at some online reservation websites, I decided to go through the hotel website directly to reserve, as I have a gift card. I googled Best Western Boulder Colorado and made the reservation. Having done so, I was astonished to find, not only had I booked through reservations.com (the website address came up as BestWesternBoulder.reservations.com), I am unable to cancel the reservation. I have made many reservations through other online websites and have never been unable to cancel a reservation of any kind.

I immediately called customer service at reservations.com. When I spoke with the customer service representative, I was told cancellations were not allowed because that was the policy of the hotel. However, when I spoke with the manager at Best Western, Boulder Colorado, I was told the policy was reservation.com's. I was also told this problem was beginning to occur frequently - that reservations.com were seemingly 'tricking' online customers. I suggested to the manager that Best Western might want to review its relationship with reservations.com and perhaps refuse to accept bookings through them.

I did go back to look at the site that I had booked on and did find a link to their cancellation policy. However, such a policy should be more apparent - perhaps a pop-up warning before the final acceptance by the user.

I should also point out that when my credit card company tried to call them to attempt to negotiate something, their call was blocked with a message saying they could not connect 'from your region'. And when I tried to place a third-party call to reservations.com in order to include my credit card representative, I was immediately disconnected. It seems clear to me that reservations.com understands that its policies are questionable and that they do not wish to deal with complaints.

waynew62
2/3/18

Do not use this website. Stay away!!!!!!! I made a reservation for a Canadian hotel because the price was lower. What wasn't revealed was that the price was in USD. I didn't find this out until I received the confirmation email. I cancelled the reservation within 5 minutes because their price ended up higher than the hotel's price after the conversion.
When I received my next Visa bill there was a charge of $14.99 USD. They deceitfully not disclose all of the fees at the time of reservation and the service fee of $14.99 when the reservation is cancelled. I contacted Customer Service about not disclosing all of the fees. They told me that just how their system works and that it's impossible to refund the service fee. They should refund the service fee.

ericp116
2/2/18

They pretend to be the hotels website, charges in USD even when booking a canadian hotel then turns around and pays the hotel in CAD (so they charge $100USD and then pay the hotel $100CAD pocketing the difference). When the hotel offers discounts and allows you to cancel a day early for no cost they send the money back to reservations.com who then refuse to pass the money back to the user instead pocketing the difference. This is pure and simple THEFT. When the buyer and the seller both agree to waive a fee the middle man is not allowed to pocket the money. I would rather the hotel get the extra day than these thieves.

gloriap52
2/1/18

Beware, this site is a scam. I thought I was on the hotel's website but I wasn't. I got charged $60 more due to outrageous taxes and service fee. Unreal! This was the first time I booked a hotel reservation online, never again.

stevef152
1/30/18

Makes you believe your on providers website then adds 20% to your purchase at checkout.....adds no value

charlesb217
1/29/18

I thought I was on the hotel's website and was on Reservation.com. They are crooks who charge extra for booking a hotel and didn't tell be that UNTIL after the booking when they sent me a receipt via email. I was shocked. I will never, never be duped by them again.

carold123
1/26/18

I went to book through what I thought was the actual hotel... same logos, pictures, etc. Instead, it was reservations.com! Not only did they charge their OWN booking fee of $14.99, they charged additional fees in excess of $50!! Then they charged my credit card FULL PRICE for the hotel, that I was reserving months in advance! I cancelled my booking immediately and called their customer service, which is sorely lacking. I was asked if I had booked online, which I had, and the rep laughed and said Oh, so you didnt see our fine print saying that we charge full price up front! So, within 10 minutes, they charged my credit card, but cant refund me for 10-15 days... up to 30 days!! And, they keep the $14.99 for MY trouble! What a complete SCAM!!! Even if they keep my $14.99, its STILL cheaper to book directly through the hotel! Im so upset that this type of thing can happen!!!

karenj140
1/25/18

Never, ever, ever make a reservation through this Company. They are crooks. No matter your reason for cancelling, you will be charged for the reservation you booked. I had to cancel because a presentation was cancelled and no reason to travel - nope, tough. You have to pay for the reservation. This should be illegal. NEVER USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danielf129
Daniel F.
1/24/18

Misrepresentation. Looked like website of where we were to stay. Charged in excess of 24% higher than elsewhere.

sarif1
1/15/18

The phone # I called routed me to this company. It was a horrible experience. This company is working with the Emerald Suites to scam hard working people. All the other comments are 100%true and reservation.com should be held responsible for full refunds to all.

rosalief1
1/13/18

Reservations.com is overpriced, misleading, and downright dishonest. Their site is set up so you think that you are booking with the actual hotel. I called to book , but when I questioned the exhorbitant extra charges above the advertised room rate, they said it was taxes, which was a blatant lie. They charge fees above the room rate and then they charge an extra 15.00 non-refundable booking fee. I still save $95 by cancelling and booking directly with the hotel and I did not have to be charged for the room up front. I do not recommend reservations.com and I will be careful not to use them again.

michaelv114
1/11/18

Sorry that I didn't check reviews before using Reservations.com. I was trying to book a room through Expedia at Microtel Klamath Falls for June 2018. For some reason I could not. I went on what I thought was Microtel's site and booked the room. A couple weeks ago, we changed the route on our Motorcycle Run and I was not going to need the room because we would be somewhere else at that time. I called Microtel to cancel. They told me I had a reservation, but I would have to cancel it through the site I booked it with. After checking my Credit Card statement I saw two payments on there. One for the Hotel and one for a service charge of $14.95 to, you guessed it, Revervations.com I called the customer service number. Person that helped me told me I could cancel the reservation, but the Fee for the hotel and the service charge were not refundable. I did not cancel it, but I won't be using it. Scam.

shirleyp56
1/9/18

I went on line today and did an online booking for the Renaisssance Emonton Airport hotel. The live chat came up and I asked if this was payable in Canadian Funds, was advised yes. When the email came through it was in American Funds which equated to some $100 more in fees that calling and booking with the hotel directly. I called Reservations.Com on 4 occasions today and got an extreme run around, I had to call the hotel and ask if they would cancel, was told I had to call the hotel as it is non refundable. They also advised that they were an agent of the hotel which was false reservations.com pays Google to be out in front. So as it stands at this time I am waiting to have this cancelled, I believe this is consumer fraud and this company should be reported to the Better Business Bureau. If satisfaction is not reached I will have to deal with the Credit Card Company to cancel payment. Wish I had read these reviews first.

chanteld5
1/6/18

I called in today to book a hotel room in kindersley SK Canada for tonight. I was told it was going to be $115 Canadian. I asked three times and made sure it was for today Jan 6. When I look on my bank account they took off $129 and a another $20. And then when I called in I was told that the booking was made for Jan 7 and if I wanted to change it. It was cash me more. I asked to speak to the ladys manager and I was told I was not aloud too. Worst company ever

nk87
1/4/18

I had worst experience. I booked hotel through this website, Microtel Inn San Antonio, located near north or 3911(please google the address) paid $134.01 for 2-nights, on dec. 20th 2017. Got there after 4-hours drive, the receptionist gave me a room on 3rd floor, the elevator was broken, very noisey, there was no lock inside the room. Anyone could enter the room, the sheets were dirty, bath room was not clean, I came back to reception and asked receptionist to change the room. she refused and went to fix the lock. 15 mins later she came and told me she fixed the lock. I asked her to let me speak with manager, she said there was no manager available and refused to changed the room and refund the amount charged on the credit card.
I complaint to reservation.com and reservation.com is saying, Microtel Inn receptionist is saying" I have used the reservation" and refused to refund. Now its over 2-weeks fighting for refund and wasting my precious time.
Please DO NOT USE RESERVATIONS.COM for any Booking...........this website charge $14.99 a booking fee wow.............customers they dont know. Well please save your money, do not waste by reserving from this website. There is NO Customer service, the phone attendants are Rude,.
Thanks for reading

bobbiet7
1/4/18

On Jan.1,2018 we broke down and were stranded overnight in Blythewood,S.C. with 2 children. Tried to book a room in the Comfort Inn in Blythewood,S.C. and they booked us at the Comfort Inn in Bluffton,S.C. 3 hours south of where we were stranded. They refused to change the reservation and said they cant do anything and when I told them that we had 2 children and the temperature was 13 degrees I was told that they cant do anything. I ended up speaking to 3 different people: 1 for the reservation and 2 others to try and change it, none of the people I spoke to spoke or apparently understood clear English. This company should be shut down and investigated. Because of them I have lost $135.23 and have been told that I cant do anything about it.

deneb5
1/2/18

This is the worst and most fraudulant booking engine for hotels. You make booking that appears to be direct by the hotel...and it's not. You are booking a canadian hotel on a site that appears to be the hotel direct (Canadian) and are charged in American funds. Total and utter BS.ask for a call back, you will not get one. They claim refund within 5-7 days, yet they haven't taken care of cancelling hotel reservation with the hotel!!

garyb215
1/1/18

My wife booked a reservation for a Hampton Inn in northern California while driving north on California's Interstate 5. She thought she was talking to the Hampton's reservation line, but she was talking to someone at reservations.com. The person at reservations.com took her request and our credit card info without mentioning that there is a $14.99 fee for booking through them. When we got to the Hampton, they did not have our reservation. My wife redialed the phone number she'd used and realized she was talking to reservations.com. It was then that she learned they had booked us into a Super 8 motel in upper New York State, roughly 3,000 miles from the California Hampton Inn she had asked for.

It has taken several long phone calls and much arguing to get these bozos to take the charges off of our card. They now say the charges will be removed within 10-15 days. Before I lobbied them into refunding the room charge in New York -- and their $14.99 service charge -- they told me several times they would not do a refund; the motel would not do a refund; and no one at the Super 8 motel was answering their phone.

Funny thing is that I had no trouble getting Carlos, the night manager at the the New York Super 8, on the line. Carlos, who is friendly and helpful, told me that he had zero control over the charges. That was up to reservations.com. Carlos did, however, quickly make sure our incorrect reservation was cancelled at his end. That was all he could do to help clean up reservation.com's error.

Seldom have I dealt with a company that is so quick to blow off a customer when the error is clearly theirs. Even the confirming email they sent, which did not arrive in my wife's phone until the next day, says the reservation is for the New York Super 8 in Middletown, but the address is that of the California Hampton Inn. It was a mistake. Everyone makes them, but not everyone lies to customers and makes them jump through hoops to correct an error made by their employee, a faceless person sitting next to a phone somewhere in India.

brads88
12/30/17

The BBB and endless online complaints will not shut this company down. It will not put the CEOs in jail (though they are being sued by an Illinois company in civil court). What they are doing is criminal and considered consumer fraud. Reporting them takes 5 minutes. It's so easy to do, but the Atty General will not do much with 1 or 2 complaints. They need many more. The form is below:

This is the office of Reservations.com you need to enter on the form:

390 N Orange Ave STE 1515
Orlando, FL 32801-1645
(800) 916-4439
Reservations.com
Orange County

I was ripped off too, and my story is the exact same as everyone else - so after you report this, dispute it with your credit card. They will not fight the dispute and you'll win - BUT - it was my BANK who pays the $14.99 back because it is under the threshold where they spend time disputing it. So, Reservations.com has the PERFECT scam!

You need to reiterate this in your report to the attorney general: "Prices must be clearly and unambiguously displayed for any sale - in real life or online." This was not the case here.

When everyone tells their credit card companies & opens a dispute, they will lose their ability to continue to do this since no credit card company will allow this deceptive practice to continue.

The company is run by two Indian immigrants: Mahesh Chaddah and Yatin Patel who will also be deported for this criminal behavior but they HAVE to be reported first!

You can also go to their LinkedIn page and leave comments below their posts. https://www.linkedin.com/company/reservations.com/

melanies85
12/26/17

I really would never book through this site absolutely terrible add on £25 after you see the booking price what a con. Worst ever booking site. Phoned up to be told I woulds have to pay to cancel even though I explained the price quoted was £25 less, so rude on the phone.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Reservations.com should've never scammed me. I have all the time in the world to seek justice. I will be relentless.

By Julie R., Reservations.com Representative

Hello, Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely Reservations.com Support Team

By Reservations C., Reservations.com Representative

Forget about reporting reservations.com to the Better Business Bureau. It's totally worthless. Business members of the Better Business Bureau pay a fee to be registered with them. Usually, the BBB is nothing more than PR operation. If you're a member, and someone complains, usually nothing results. If you're not a paying member, and someone complains, then the BBB comes down hard on you in the form of bad reviews. If you really want to get even for being ripped off by the thieves at reservations.com, file a criminal complaint with the State of Florida Attorney Generals Office. You can do that on the internet. I also just sent a a complaint to the US Dept of Justice completely laying out the who-what-where-how the reservations.com SCAM works. Read my report above and follow up with a criminal complaint against reservations.com. What they are doing amounts to Fraud. If people on this site only write a complaint to get the anger out of their systems, why bother? The only thing that will make a difference is to file a criminal complaint against reservations.com. My posting toward the begining of this thread give the addresses you will need to file a criminal complaint. Lets get these criminals prosecuted and thrown into prison! Anybody who doesn't follow up by filing a complaint is only is only blowing hot air.

By Douglas R., Reservations.com Representative

Hello Brodie, We have sent you an email this morning regarding your concerns. Please email us directly so we may assist you. Sincerely, Customer Support Reservations.com

By Reservations C., Reservations.com Representative

Yes, this company charges a fee, which it will not refund even if you cancel your reservation within minutes!

By Dr S., Reservations.com Representative

Yes, you were billed. Call your credit card company and report it as an unauthorized charge. Your company should remove it, send you a new card and assign you a new card number.

By Dr S., Reservations.com Representative

Good Morning Don R. Depending on your bank or credit card provider, it may take up to 28 business days for the refund to process through your financial institution to your account. If you would like to check the status of your refund, please contact your bank or credit card provider for further assistance. Sincerely, Customer Support Reservations.com

By Reservations C., Reservations.com Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Reservations.com staff and other customers.

Reservations.com?