Review of Touch of Modern

Tel: 415.230.0750
hello@touchofmodern.com

stuartg57
2/14/19

I ordered 3 weeks ago special Valentines flowers for my wife of 19 years. HEre is the description:

"Show that special someone in your life just how you feel this Valentine's Day with this Kenyan Rose Bouquet, featuring two dozen fresh, long stem roses".

Not only did they not show up. I called 3x today and was told they would. When they NEVER showed up, I was offered a credit (duh) and a WAIT FOR IT... a $10.00 gift card.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. I have spent over $15,000 in 3 years with them and they want me to say to my wife:
"sorry honey, I ordered you beautiful Valentines Day flowers but instead here is a $10.00 gift card".

SHAME ON TOUCH-OF-MODERN.

Then, when I had "Matt" on the phone and I asked to speak with his manager, he actually had the nerve to say..'I don't have a manager".

GOODBYE TOUCH OF MODERN. See ya on the flipside of Chapter 11.

cesarp33
1/20/19

Order a new watch from them got a used one with a broken silicone band I'm disputing the charges with my credit card company and would never buy from this company again.
Horrible company and customer service

donj103
1/12/19

Product still don't have it 38 days later. Spend the extra few dollars and buy it elsewhere. At the minimum the money you save is paying for faster shipping, much much faster shipping.

dh320
1/10/19

I ordered about 2 weeks before Christmas and am still waiting for the completed order (today is Jan 10)!

lonip3
12/27/18

Had a problem with an item I purchased. Even though the item said no returns the customer service refunded my money.

zdzislawm
12/3/18

I purchased an Italian Coffee machine from them but got a different, cheaper (by over $1000) model from them last week, Since then I have been trying to get in touch with them. Email, link to customer service, text. No response of any kind.
They took my money and clammed up. Call it a scam, call it robbery, but stay away from this company.
The photo shows the Classic Gaggia I got, not the one-touch auto Gaggia Babila model I was supposed to.

yom18
11/6/18

SCAM.....Good #$%^ luck getting a hold of anyone. You won't get your product, all you get is a generic email sent from a robot or some jackass voice saying none of their reps are available. I should have checked their reviews first. Never got my item and they wont reimburse. They want to eventually send out what I ordered and then I have to return it, minus shipping. No way. They are rip offs and look at the owners last names, foreigners. F- these people and company.

dough51
10/15/18

Touch of Modern sells made on-demand items mostly from Russia/Ukraine, etc. Made on-demand means that they (you) have to wait until enough orders are in to justify doing a run of the item at the price offered, which is often quite cheap for items such as socks, wireless headphones, etc. that can be compared to other items.

ToM also sells specialty items that cannot be compared to existing products on the market (such as a weird elevated camping tent for around $11.5k.

I bought a set of Liger wireless headphones from ToM ~18 months ago, used them maybe 30 times, they no longer hold a charge and complaints to ToM have gone unanswered. You would think that they would get back to me, even if just to say the warranty is expired and they can't help me. Not even that, even though they can now afford to buy TV advertising.

rickl139
9/10/18

Tried them a few times...deliveries always long. Last order for belts took more than the 7 day warranty they give you to determine that the buckle design was horrible and almost impossible to unlatch once on. Customer service was no help. Unsubscribing.

eliasa23
3/30/18

I ordered an OTF knife through this company's website. I got an order confirmation number and confirmation email. I requested that shipping updates be sent to my phone and never got anything after that. Went against my personal rule NEVER ORDER FROM A WEBSITE WITHOUT A PHONE NUMBER!

mykolai
3/5/18

I'm ordered Seculus (Order O7441506752). My order has been cancelled without comments. Nobody answered to me from customer service. Ordered on Ebay the same watch

jimm1369
2/23/18

customer service sucks, Non existent ....... Stay away from them ! No contact number and 5 weeks delivery time , really bad, bad ,bad.....

joelb83
1/3/18

Just like other reviewers, Touch of Modern is not a good experience. They have taken too much of my time to receive an order that is yet to come. After waiting for 2+ months for my two orders to show up, I have yet to receive them. Customer support is horrible and rarely answers their phone. I am awaiting refunds among also speaking with them. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

brianl152
11/26/17

Members only? Why do you need to become a member to view overpriced items, get horrible customer service, 3-4 week delivery, and spam in your inbox every day? Not sure how this business model works but it is set up to fail once they run out of all their venture capital funding.

judeb13
11/15/17

Worst site to buy from! I made an order and waited and waited for it to arrive. I emailed them several times and called them as well and only got an auto-reply that I would be contacted as soon as possible. That was 2 weeks ago and still waiting! What a joke! They are horrible!

kendraa3
10/2/17

I ordered two products, expensive products, for gifts. Once ordered, I noticed that they wont ship for weeks and they wont let you return anything. So if I get these expensive earbuds and they dont work, Im stuck with an over 200 dollar product that doesnt work. I sent them a communication to ask if there was an exchange option and of course they just blew me off. I will not be ordering from them again.

steveng113
8/29/17

I bought a watch from them and had no problems until the battery died. Since my jeweler couldn't change the battery, I wrote to the company and they said to send the watch back, even providing a return authorization. After many weeks of not hearing from them or seeing my watch, I started attempting to contact them (they did not reply to emails and it was impossible to reach them by phone). Eventually they did respond, sending my watch back, unfortunately in the same shape they received it...not working. Repeated attempts to contact them yielded no results and what I am left with is the world's most expensive "throwaway watch." It's unfortunate because there are so many items that I wanted to buy from them and, although I'll admit that most of them are out of my price range, I had and would have continued to purchase those items that I could afford. However, they've left a bad taste in my mouth and I would certainly not recommend them.

rewiss
8/7/17

Touch of Modern is a cool app to watch new cool products. But once you go crazy and decide to buy something from them expect to have your order extremely late or absolutely wrong items. I'm one of those people who got crazy and bought something from Touch of Modern and one order was 2 Medium shirts instead got 2 Small shirts. Another order was a magnet to hold your phone in the car, this one I received it after exactly a month. And when you try to contact Customer Service you will get the exact message shown below.
"We do not keep a lot of merchandise in stock at our warehouse. Cutting out warehousing costs gives us the ability to have these great prices and affords people the discounts they see for all our products.
Once the sale has ended we then place an order with the designer. Sometimes these items are made when we place our order and sometimes they are ready to be shipped out. Then once the items are on their way to us, we then ship to you."

abira3
7/25/17

These people are scammers. I ordered something and received totally something else. When I emailed them back they told me that they are out of stock and can offer me store credit, so I can buy something else that is probably not what I'll receive . While I can still go and order the same thing online. If it's was out of stock, why would I be able to buy it again 4 weeks after I placed my order and received it.They depend on your laziness to just accept what they've sent.
And when you have any concern expect to wait 5 days before you get a response. They are too busy sending out email blasts but they don't care when there's an issue.

roryz
6/27/17

Terrible customer service, especially after they screwed up the whole order. They are slow in shipping, slow in fixing their screw ups, and slow in response. I had to force them to send the correct items, by disputing the charge, otherwise they would never had corrected their own mistakes. Shameful business ethics. I would not recommend them to anyone, and would advise anyone that values their time and money, to go somewhere else to do business.

trevorh21
2/27/17

I ordered a pair of shoes from this sham of a company at the beginning of January. Since have been waiting patiently to have these shoes delivered. I called them over a week ago and they tell me that do to a labeling issue the package would be delayed. It's been a week since they said that and I've yet to receive any evidence that my package been sent, other than a tracking number that links to a package that was supposedly delivered on Feb 2nd.

They tell me that this will be updated once the package is passed on to Cnada Post - But I'm not confident this will happen. As a 'sorry' touch of modern has offered me 15 dollars off the price of delivery which was a total of 30 dollars. So, ToMo has offered me a savings of less than 5% of the total price of the shoes for my frustration. At this point, I don't even care if the shoes come, the experience has been beyond frustrating and this will be the first and last time I trust or order anything from touch of modern. App has been deleted!

ronm52
11/19/15

I purchased a Chicago clock from the merchant and the directions were insufficient to complete the installation of the clock. An email to customer service was inadequate! Buyer beware!

georgej23
5/10/15

They have some cool products. But, had2 cancel some & just stopped shopping with them due to extreme shipment timing (often 4-6 WEEKS!). AND high price of shipping...

tred1
1/5/15

Great product. Shipping was timely. Original products.

Practically impossible. I tried non-stop for 4 days!

By ZDZISLAW M.

Questions? Get answers from the Touch of Modern staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Touch of Modern