TokyoTreat

TokyoTreat has a consumer rating of 4.56 stars from 311 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 90.9%

• Just received my first premium box through #tokyotreat.
  • Thank you TokyoTreat for my amazing japanese snacks to brighten my day every month!

• They have absolutely no customer service whatsoever and there is no way to contact anyone through their site.
  • How many people actually log back into a customer portal on a subscription box?!
How would you rate TokyoTreat?

“Loving these snack boxes!”

Elenna -.
7/31/20

I've been a subscriber since June 2020. So far I've received three boxes and I've had a lot of fun trying all the different snacks! My first box took longest to arrive (5 weeks when estimated delivery time was 3-5 weeks) but the other two have been quicker, taking 3,5 weeks and just 6 days to reach me. I'm eagerly waiting for the next one already! Do note that the subscription renews automatically if it's not canceled. You can easily check your next billing date in your profile after you've subscribed. :)

“Avoid TokyoTreat”

Rachel M.
7/22/20

I'm not convinced this isn't a scam - my box was apparently posted on the 8th of May and no sign of it when it is nearly August. TokyoTreat point blank refuse to refund you. Apparently they will only consider a refund if the box is returned to them - when the delivery is either clearly lost, or was never posted in the first place! There are so many complaints online from people who have experienced the same thing. Avoid this company.

customer service (19) subscription box (19) premium box (13) japanese snacks (8) japanese culture (5) love tokyo (9) post office (4) love japan (5) 3 months (3) great variety (7) kit kat (7) customer portal (3)
elenna
July 31st, 2020

Tip for consumers: Read the terms and conditions before subscribing. Should be a given every time but I guess many people skip them nevertheless.

emilyb570
July 3rd, 2020
I'm new to Tokyo Treat but I've been impressed with them so far. An interesting range of snacks and an insightful look at Japanese culture. Everything in the box is fresh. They're using DHL to ship boxes, so be prepared to spend an extra $10 for shipping. The upside is delivery is very quick. Also, I had a problem with my first delivery, but their customer service was prompt in responding and resolving the issue quickly.
kaitlynk26
February 7th, 2020
I absolutely love TokyoTreat! So far I've received 3 boxes and have not been disappointed by a single one! It's so fun to open up the box and see all these goodies you've never seen before. It's such an experience to try snacks and foods from a different culture! You definitely get your money's worth as theirs so many products in each box. Not only that but you get to enter subscription only competitions and win even more awesome Japanese items! (I've won one before!) Definitely recommend!
emap10
September 1st, 2020
This was my third time ordering from Tokyo Treat and they never fail to amaze me! I got a subscription every time and loved all of them, will definitely be ordering more. My sister especially the younger one is always super excited to see all of the things and enjoys all of the candy we get. It's great for sharing with younger siblings as it's such an experience for them. Definitely recommend 10/10!
giao3
March 18th, 2020
Was a little wary about purchasing from here after reading plenty of negative reviews and lost box horror stories, by I'm pleased to announce that my experience was pretty much stress free! It arrived in three weeks and only a couple of the small snacks got a bit crushed. I love the range of snacks and the amount that were given. Would definitely purchase another box in the future.
kristyw71
September 13th, 2020
I absolutely LOVE these boxes! I have ordered several this year and they send the best snacks! They send many different things too so you get to try a lot of things that I would never see in my local stores since they typically sell minimal international snacks. I really enjoy them. Highly recommend!
olivial122
March 4th, 2020
My first box was excellent. Candy kit as promised. However the second box the candy kit wasn't as interesting. I received no candy kits for the 3rd amd 4th box. For my 4th box, I literally received one ribbon candy and 1 piece of gum. Everything else was chips, cookies or popcorn. I will be canceling as the quality has significantly been deteriorating.
juliap213
September 17th, 2020
What can I say? If you love really good sweets and snacks this is the box for you! Although my husband is the one with a shellfish allergy that has not stopped him from enjoying the boxes either and he's even started searching for certain things online especially the ocean salt kit Kat and the apple pie kit kats which we just got today.
franciscom131
February 20th, 2020
I've bought 3 box until now. They all have arrived to Dominican Republic, in the estimated time. Nice stuff in each box. February box swap pockies for koala cookies to help. That's a nice touch.

Right now, it only looks that they need invest in their customer service. But everything is perfect with me!
ambern84
July 30th, 2020
This quickly became my favorite snack subscription. Great variety and quality for the price. Also fast shipping, especially considering its international during the pandemic.
anysiap
April 25th, 2020
Always a great box and worth every penny. If you enjoy some yummy snacks from somewhere different get this box.
saraht519
July 21st, 2020
So glad I signed up for this monthly box! It's so much fun as a family to try everything and it brings us together, for a unique experience each month.
Thank you Tokyo treat!
chelseat57
March 8th, 2020
Tokyotreat is a service to which I've been subscribed for several years now, and while I sometimes go a few months without ordering, I don't think I'll ever stop ordering altogether -- simply because it's a great service! I love the variety of snacks and find I get a good amount of them for my money. The themes add a nice touch as well.
javiern20
July 21st, 2020
We received our first box today and we are incredibly pleased and amazed. It arrived fast, with everything perfectly packed and enough room for everything to not be squeezed, so all the crunchy goodies are in perfect condition. The amount of things to try is higher than we were expecting, so that was a great surprise too. It also comes with a booklet explaining what every item is (super helpful!) and some useful information about contests they are doing.
Overall, we are really impressed and happy with the experience!
brettc136
September 24th, 2020
My box got here so much quicker then I expected for something coming all the way from Japan. The assortment of snacks is great and the beverage is awesome! Thanks Tokyo treat
matthewv101
March 2nd, 2020
Have gotten Tokyo treat many times here in the last few years, about 9 times in total. Always have some snacks that are very fun to try out with friends and others that left me feeling a little cheated. Some months have what I feel is extreme value and make it feel like the fee per month is completely reasonable and other months left me wondering why it was sent out the way it was. Some months have very repetitive stuff from previous iterations. Overall a very fun experience to try snacks from a different part of the world and would definitely recommend anyone to try it out a few times!
cherryb33
April 27th, 2020
Just received my first premium box through #tokyotreat. I am very impressed, there a6te so many interesting things to look through and I look forward to the taste tests! The box is literally packed with things, and the sakura theme odd this month's box had some fabulous things to try that you just wouldn't otherwise see in the UK. I also love that the sister sites ( e.g. nmnl etc) are connected so you can really indulge your Japanese product fantasy! Thoroughly recommended.
franciscor125
July 8th, 2020
I was very pleasantly surprised how fast this box came. Still waiting for the other ones to come but this makes me so happy. I can't wait to try and share these treats with my friends on future picnics! Thank you from Canada!
keithm526
August 26th, 2020
So inlove with the snacks and treats! Would definitely recommend! Also received my box on time and in great condition
alwaw
September 1st, 2020
I have really missed Japan since I visited last year and am waiting for when it's okay to travel again and go back so this box gives a feeling of being back that I really needed right now
latashag10
July 21st, 2020
The delivery took some time(to be expected because of covid) But super happy with the products! Would definitely recommend!
rachelm611
July 22nd, 2020
nickr610
March 8th, 2020
I've had other snack boxes and nothing quite compares to TokyoTreat. Along with good customer support who actually care about customer satisfaction, this is a no-brainer for people interested in Japanese snacks. :)

Tip for consumers: You can use different e-mails on the “Wheel-Spin” thing that gives you discounts to keep re-doing it. I got a 10% off my first order code doing this :)

sammyl42
July 23rd, 2020
The express service for August box arrived today. I'm so happy. The treats are delicious and my daughter was super excited to receive it.
chirib
March 1st, 2020
I love tokyo treat is just amazing to taste some goodies from another part of the world... also reminds me of japan

100% legit. Depending on where you live it might take longer to ship to you but I have always received my boxes in a few weeks.

By Kristy W.
See more answers (16)

If you just want automated messages then fine. If you want proper answers impossible.

By Sarah R.