Review of FabFitFun

Tel: 855-313-6267
vip@fabfitfun.com

aprils277
5/24/19

I missed my customization window for the first time ever - in the middle of the night I messaged Fab Fit Fun on FB. I doubted they would do anything but WOW! They sent me a photo of customization options and I replied with my choices and they got it done!!! What a great job. I've led Customer Service teams for 30 years and am VP at a Financial Services firm and will use this experience as an example for my teams! Thanks Fab Fit Fun!

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi April! Thank you so much for taking the time to review! We are so happy to hear you had a great customer service experience. We can't wait for you to receive all your Summer goodies! Xo
andreah219
5/24/19

I had an account for a couple of years. Several of my boxes had broken items. On two occasions I asked to have the broken items replaced, which was taken care of by customer service. I appreciated the prompt and friendly help. My last box contained a moldy bag, my whole box smelled of mold and the bag was unusable. I contacted chat help and they sent out a replacement bag. At this point I have become beyond disappointed with having another issue. I asked to refund my annual subscription, which they said I could do, but instead of that they offered me a free necklace to not cancel. I explained that I was not complaining or canceling to get something for free, I wanted to cancel because the issues with broken items and the moldy bag being the last straw. The refund never happened. I then decided to just deal with the fact I have more boxes coming and hope for better on the next box. This box I had 3 add items. For some reason the payment did not go through, I was asked to update my account. Immediately it went though but only 2 of the items were charged. I went to chat again and they said I would only receive 2 items and the 3rd was dropped and could not be added. Again, disappointed. This time in was done and asked to end the subscription. I was told I could cancel but couldn't get a refund for the last 2 boxes. I could see if I just wanted to cancel for no reason but to have an issue each box and not be allowed a refund for the future is disappointing. Better customer service please and hopefully better quality control with the products. Including a screenshot of my last chat with fabfitfun showing my moldy bag.

jenniferr429
5/24/19

This box was boring and overpriced. I ended up giving everything away because it isn't really for people of color. I received three boxes. I cancelled as soon as I remember.

brittanyl98
5/24/19

I ordered a box and was fine with the products, some of them were the same I got in my Ipsy (just $70 cheaper)! When I tried to cancel I went through the whole set up online and thought all was well, I considered ordering again but was moving and didn't even have a forwarding address so I decided to wait. In the middle of my travels from one city to another I notice $100 missing from my account, about 24 hours later I get a letter with payment notification from these guys. I'm thinking they're a little (or a lot) scammy and they get away with this all too often. They claim I didn't actually cancel and asked for screen shots of my previous cancellation (sorry, I trusted I wasn't being scammed so I didn't screen shot it three months ago). Don't give your money unless you're cool with tossing it in the trash like I am right now. I don't live at the address they sent it to, god knows who does. Hopefully they break the law and rob my box otherwise I'm sure the post office will just send it on back.

Also the robe was totally see through and there was a lot of excessive packing that took me weeks to finally clear up after it exploded all over my house when I opened it.

courtneyc148
5/23/19

I was very excited to get my first box. I ordered the spring box in April after the regular shipping times. My account said my box was shipped on May 3. It even showed me all of the wonderful things that were supposed to be in the box. However, after nearly 2 weeks, my tracking info still said Parcel Data Received, "Shipment In Route To US Export Warehouse." So I emailed to ask if something might be wrong: clearly the "shipped" box was not actually shipping anywhere. I was told to contact my local post office...in Canada. Gee, thanks for that useful advice. If it doesn't track in the US, it's certainly not going to track in Canada! So I asked where the box was actually shipping from. I was told it had shipped from California and to wait another week to see if it arrived. At no point was I told that the box had not actually shipped. No, I was repeatedly told that it had. I really doubt that the "customer service representative" couldn't tell that it still hadn't shipped.

And today I get an email apologizing because the box THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE ALREADY SHIPPED WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE! So what exactly had shipped then? Why did they show me all of the items that had shipped in my box? I'm pretty sure taking the customer's money and blatantly lying about the product purchased is fraud. And now I can get the spring "editor's box." Basically a box full of awful things that they couldn't otherwise get rid of. I am so disappointed. I have requested a refund. Let's see how that goes....

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Courtney! We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We experienced some unforeseen inventory issues that affected orders last minute and we apologize! The label was created before your order shipped out which is why a tracking number was available. I had a look at your account and do see that we refunded you in whole for both charges on your account. We hope we have the opportunity to earn back your trust and surpass your expectations in the future! Xo
christined107
5/23/19

I was charged an extra $30 on top of what the box actually costs and when I went to go get a refund, I was not fully refunded. I went to their chat and the first girl, Francesca, left the chat and didnt even try to help me. The second person, Francis, insisted I was fully refunded even after I sent in bank statements proving that I was not refunded. This person treated me like I had no brain and was extremely disrespectful. I have never been so let down. I will never ever ever ever buy anything from FabFitFun again. Absolutely ridiculous.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Christine! We are so sorry to hear about your experience! I had a look at your account and see that you live in Canada. Please note that we refunded you every cent we charged you on our end, however, the exchange rate changes by the minute, so sometimes the refund will ultimately be less due to the exchange rate. However, I can assure you that we refunded everything we charged you on our end in USD. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope we have the opportunity to surpass your expectations in the future!
elizabeths570
5/22/19

I most certainly got the absolute worst leftover crap in the warehouse. I filled out a questionnaire which specified all the things they asked about. I got a flimsy pair of sunglasses and 5 small sized samples of things I will never use due to perfumey scent. (I asked for only fruit smelI or unscented) have seen friends get clothes, curling iron, hats and really useful stuff so I wanted to try....It was my first and last box.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Elizabeth! We are so sorry to hear about your disappointment with your box! All boxes come with 7-10 full-sized products and we certainly don't send any "leftover" items, as all our products are given to us brand new from the vendor! The box contents vary season to season which is why we recommend customizing so that you can receive a few items you handpicked yourself! Also, to clarify, the personal survey filled out upon signing up is not meant as a personalization tool for your specific box, rather a way for us as a company to see the typical beauty trends of our members! We apologize for the confusion. We recommend taking the end of season survey to provide us your feedback on the box items, as it will help our team to better curate future boxes. We hope to surpass your expectations in the future! Xo
bethanya15
5/19/19

I upgraded to Select to try early add-ons and customization. The season before, they apparently "sold out" of two things that I successfully added to my add-on, didn't seem to mention it, and also didn't credit or refund me until I reached out to them directly to verify why my items were missing.
When I upgraded the next season, the add-on sale was a nightmare consistently for two days. When everything was back up and running, I accidentally had 60-something items that I needed to go through. I was very disappointed that I upgraded to Select. I chose my customizations the next day and then decided to cancel my next year's membership because after the mess, I regretted upgrading at all. When I cancelled, I got confirmation that I will be a Select member until summer 2020. After I selected to cancel, my account immediately cancelled my membership, removed my add-ons and customizations, and I essentially paid $200 for absolutely nothing. I reached out to customer support. They started that I would get a refund for my full year's subscription. Ended my chat. Noticed right after that they charged me another $40 for a seasonal box that I didn't authorize. Started a chat to demand that they also refund these charges. They fixed my account to remove my subscriptions, but still was able to keep what's I had added on. I just got an email that two of the items that I added were out of stock and cannot be provided. It has been a week and I still have seen ZERO refunds, which they advised could take 3-5 days.
Please please please do not waste your time becoming a Select member.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Bethany! We are so sorry to hear about your experience! A member of our management team has followed up with you directly to make sure you are fully assisted! Xo
tiffanyd100
5/17/19

I have loved FFF for years but I have had serious issues the past two cycles. First, they never shipped my items I spent an hour shopping for. I waited a month and assumed it was coming because it takes them a month to ship anything anyways.

Now,
I just get a bill and they've added to my bill. For things I did NOT authorize. How many times can a company try to fraudulently charge you and skimp you of your items? They said they've moved to a new "distribution center" so they're experiencing delays as a customer, I do not care. Figure it out. Clearly you didn't do you will be losing me as a customer. After two years I am done with this company

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Tiffany! We are so sorry to hear about your experience! A member of our management team has followed-up with you via e-mail. We hope to make this situation right for you! Xo
ashleyj164
5/17/19

There are too many flaws with their customer service to list out.

Orders are consistently messed up. Replacement orders/actually sending missing items can take literally MONTHS. They will sell you items in the add-on sale and then after the fact say, "sorry, we made an inventory mistake." But at that point it's too late to get that other item you were eyeing but chose to not get because you had something similar in your cart.

EVERY time you email customer service, you get a "we're receiving a higher than normal volume of inquiries" message. Well no freaking wonder; they mess everything up!

Look, I like a lot of the products, albeit their retail prices are WAYYYY inflated. The add-ons and edit sales can score you some amazing deals, but be wary of those as well. Sometimes they will sell a full-sized item for really cheap in one sale, and then the next sale it will be more expensive and HALF the volume/weight/size. I think this is intentional.

Look, if you don't mind beating your head off the wall trying to resolve an issue with literally every add-on/edit sale, or you don't want to get anything other than the box, then it can be a great way to try new products. But if you don't have extra time to chase a company who gives not one iota of a crap about you as a customer, then just RUN. I stupidly signed up for an annual subscription, so I have two more boxes and then I'll be cancelling this. I'm hacking through a couple of sales to stock up on some favourites but it's been pretty painful. Their customer service just says "sorry" but never offers a reasonable solution.

Oh, and at this point it's not really a lifestyle subscription. You may get an item or two (some of the non-beauty products are absolute junk!) of lifestyle items but most of the quality options in the box are beauty products.

Summer 2019 box looks like a giant disappointment. Love that they're giving us a toner spray that's made in china. It will be going directly in the trash. Utter junk.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Ashely. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We recently moved into a new warehouse which, unfortunately, did cause some unforeseen inventory issues. However, this move is accompanied by the implementation of new technologies and initiatives that will give us a more accurate count of our inventory and drastically minimize shipping issues! In regards to the retail price of our items, we do receive those prices directly from our vendors, not any third parties. We recommend taking the end of season survey to give feedback on the items. This survey helps us to better curate boxes in the future! We are truly disheartened that you are not excited about the Summer box and we hope we can exceed your expectations in the future. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team if there is anything else we can do to assist you!
christinet167
5/15/19

I had a subscription with this company for around a year and a half, with no problems, until I received the wrong Spring 2019 box. Upon receiving this mistake, I first asked for a first replacement order for the actual items I customized for. Customer service went ahead and processed it, but again the WRONG items showed up. I called customer service again to insure that I would receive the items I CUSTOMIZED FOR. Customer service insured me again that I would receive them. Upon waiting for 2 weeks, I still hadn't heard anything about this second replacement order, for which I called customer service again. They insured me that it was just waiting to be shipped. I waited another week and decided to call back and check. Turned out, one of the items on this second replacement order went out of stock, for which no one on the customer service team though to notify me. Thus, I had to choose another item. Once I chose this item, I waited again for another week and a half and did not hear from anyone about this order, even though it was categorized as urgent.

I decided to cancel my subscription because of my horrible experience with customer service. When I called to cancel, I asked customer service to send me a confirmation email that I would receive my replacement order despite the fact that I canceled my membership. I did not receive said email or a confirmation that I canceled my subscription. Thus, I called again, and turns out THEY DID NOT CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP THE FIRST TIME.

All in all, this company CANNOT be trusted, and has one of the most horrible customer service teams I've ever dealt with.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Christine! We are very disheartened to hear about your experience with our Customer Care team! We always want to provide our members with a positive and streamlined experience and we are so sorry that this is not what you experienced. We did run into some unforeseen issues towards the end of the Spring season which caused us to have inventory issues and we apologize that your order was affected! I do see that a previous rep you spoke to added a credit as a courtesy for the inconvenience. We truly hope we have the opportunity to surpass your expectations in the future!
kellyk251
5/15/19

I ordered the spring box on April 15th and the money was taken out of my account that day. As of May 1st it still had not shipped so I contacted customer service and they emailed me back saying it had shipped, gave me a tracking number, and said it would take 7-10 buisness days to be delivered. Still today May 11th the tracking number is only showing that a label was created. This is stealing and really bad customer service. If I wanted to give my money away it would have been to someone that really needed it not to a money hungry company like this. I want the products that I paid for...PERIOD! This is not okay and needs to be made right. I can only imagine how many others are going through the same ordeal.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Kelly! We are so sorry to hear about your experience! We hit some unforseen inventory issues in the process of moving warehouses and we apologize that your order was affeted by these issues. I had a look at your account and it does look like a creidt and a free box was added to your account by one of our representatives. We truly hope we have the opportunity to surpass your expectations in the future! Do not hesistate to reach out to our Customer Care team if there is anything else we can do to assist you! Xo
rosel161
5/12/19

I love getting these boxes , it's allowed me to try products I've never really thought to try but after using them they become my favorites . Dr Brandt has now become my go to skin care because of receiving it . I have never had a bad experience with this box as I have with others and I will always be a long time customer for that reason .

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Rose! Thank you so much for taking the time to review! We are so happy to hear you are loving all the products we feature! Xo
barbaras646
5/9/19

I logged onto your site as soon as the summer ad ons were available. Spend 1/2 hour updating my cart when the site crashed. I called customer service and was advised due to volume the system was not working....I would think that the volume would be anticipated as they must know how many members they have. I was told not to worry my cart would update tomorrow and to go back on then. Went back on today, everything I really wanted had disappeared. Had an online chat , was told a supervisor would call me. Did not happen . Called again, same nonsense. Finally got a supervisor who told me the items are now out of stock first come first serve. I would think as I was first and the items were there at the time that a supervisor would have assisted when I fist called yesterday AM. I have now been told to check back....I guess I can spend the next week on your site hoping someone will cancel. Perhaps you should have a reasonable amount of stock and make sure that your site is up and running. One of the most frustrating experiences after
spending the $ to be a member. Thought I would lose my mind when the supervisor explained to me that she also has problems when she sometimes shops on line????? What a waste of time......

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Barbara! We are so sorry for the frustration surrounding our Summer Add-On sale. We did experience some technical difficulties, however, we are happy to report that our site is back up and running smoothly! Luckily, you have until May 15th at 11:59 p.m. PST to shop our sale and snag some goodies! Feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team and fff.me/care if there is anything we can do to assist you! Have a great day!
oliviac75
5/6/19

I love getting the boxes and the products are fun, have a good variety of things, and have pretty good quality. Anytime I have purchased any add ons, I had no issues. I did try to purchase something for a gift and it took over a month and still didn't ship. I had to cancel the order to get something else. It was disappointing but the return process was easy. I probably won't purchase anything again if it's outside the seasonal boxes but look forward to my next box

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Olivia! Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so happy to hear you are loving the products and that you were fully assisted! We can't wait for you to see the items we have in store for the Summer box! Xo
jenns105
5/5/19

The first box I purchased was the Spring Editors box. I ordered it on 4/3, and have since been given the run-around. I have spoken to 4 people, and each person has a different answer. I did successfully get the items that I purchased at the edit sale, but those that bought the editors box AFTER I did have already received theirs, and here I am still waiting on mine. I can't say that I have ANY understanding of how exactly that's fair. I've decided to see this box through the summer season, and if the same thing happens again I'm done. They do have competitors, they just seem to forget that.

susanneh24
5/5/19

FFF is the best way to try new products and brands, that you may not otherwise try. Have found some new products, that are now must haves.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Susanne! Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so happy to hear you are loving the products in our boxes! Thank you for being such a loyal member! Xo
stellas55
5/4/19

It's great for new products but accessories are touch and go with quality - not everything is up to par in quality

michellez56
5/2/19

The quarterly surprise for only me! I love receiving so many cool items and if I am not up for using one, I gift it to a friend, who is always super grateful for the gift. The items are always well worth the subscription! Every person should do this! Truly Fun!

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Michelle! Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so happy to hear you are loving the products in your box! We can’t wait for you to see what we have in store for future seasons! Xo
nicolem380
5/2/19

I have really enjoyed receiving the FabFitFun boxes! It feels like you are receiving a gift and I love it!

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Nicole! Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so happy to hear you are loving your subscription! Xo
briem8
5/2/19

Just received my box FINALLY!!!! I received two bundles and I've gotta say.....I was terrified because the weight was low, but upon receipt.....IM ACTUALLY LOVING EVERYTHING! The one bundle came with the Summer & Rose tote, glam glow palette, and the muscle therapy (I'm a massage therapist and already know this stuff is LEGIT). The second came with a travel case (my teenager is actually leaving this weekend to go on a trip out of state with her school band so it's right in time!), pearly wipes, cover fx shimmer veil in the exact shade I was contemplating buying from ulta, and a two pack of cozy fuzzy socks! My teenager and I ALWAYS have cold feet and wear these often!

These two mystery bundles COULDNOTHAVEBEEN more perfect

As a whole, fabfitfun is by far THE BEST subscription box. They don't just overload you with makeup or skin care. They throw in a little bit of everything essential to everyday life. I would be lying if I said I didn't use at least SIX items from my fabfitfun subscription per day. And yes...I said EVERY DAY. From sunglasses, to body scrub, to handbag, to oil diffuser, to throw blanket. There's literally a little of EVERYTHING in these boxes! And the Edit sales....OH MY GOSH THE EDIT SALES....I find myself cutting myself off at a certain $ amount or I'd buy everything lol. They have high end brands at thrift store prices and there's soo many amazing things in there! And let's speak about the FFF mission for a moment. Empowering women in more than just the workforce, but empowering WOMEN in all walks of life. Taking back life as a community is huge and this company does that. And everything I've received so far comes from a woman-run company and cruelty free...kudos!!!

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Brie! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such an amazing and thorough review! We are so happy to have you as a loyal member! We love that you are enjoying all the products in our boxes! We can’t wait for you to see what we have in store for future seasons! Xo
sarahs750
5/2/19

I have been getting my FabFitFun box subscription for over a year now and I am totally in love with it! It's a special treat that I get for myself every season that is JUST FOR ME! As a single mom, I don't get a lot of stuff just for myself, so it's nice to be spoiled every once in awhile. I am never disappointed in the box! Plus what's not to love about getting stuff at a super discount! It's worth every penny! It makes it even better to get to add on a few little extra items each time I get a box! If you're considering it, just do it, you won't be disappointed!

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Sarah! Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so happy we’re able to spoil you! Thank you for being such a loyal member! Xo
susanp508
5/2/19

I have years of trying different subscription services. I've tried different beauty boxes, different lifestyle boxes, and fab fit fun definitely is by far the best.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Susan! Thank you for taking the time to review! We love having you as a member! Xo
naomyj
5/2/19

I Started with the winter 2018 Box and love it! It's like Christmas every three months. I love the add on options and the editors sales.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Naomy! Thank you for taking the time to review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying our products and sales! Thanks for being a member with us! Xo
carriej39
5/2/19

I love my boxes FFF does a really good job of picking things out that I love. The items that I thought I wouldn't like end up being my favorites. It's great and a lot of fun.

Response from Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative
Hi Carrie! Thank you so much for taking the time to review! We are so glad you are loving the items! Xo

Don't do it

By Catherine R.

Hello! Our usual shipping timeline is up to one month from successful billing and an additional 9-14 business days to be delivered. We are so happy to hear you received your tracking information! We can't wait for you to receive your box! Xo

By Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative

Hi Ewa! We would love to look into this for you! To keep your information private, please reach out to our Customer Care team at fff.me/care so they can assist you with this matter! Please include the e-mail of the friend who sent you the starter box! Xo

By Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative

Hi Lori! Our boxes usually take up to one month from successful billing to ship out! You can learn more about our shipping timeline here: https://support.fabfitfun.com/hc/en-us/articles/201839848-When-will-my-box-ship-! Feel free to e-mail fff.me/care if you have any further questions! Xo

By Bailey D., FabFitFun Representative

From my experience every box is missing something. When you follow up it's all the sudden "out of stock." They offer you a substitution, which ends up being a cheap product/something no one else really wanted. If you read the reviews this is the norm, and I now believe they do this on purpose. Another lie they tell over and over is that they are reprinting a label... They use these as cover ups to make you think the items are out of stock, when I believe they never really had them in the first place.

By Shirley L.

How much is shipping for FFF boxes

By Amanda M.

Please read all the reviews! Many things won't be available--even when you prepay and select them on time. There are a ton of negative reviews on here. From my experience, every box was missing something. When you contact them it's "out of stock." They usually send you a substitution, which is cheaper and poor quality--and basically the items other people didn't select.

By Shirley L.

Doesn't matter--you would not have gotten the items you selected anyways. Please read all the reviews from people that did not get what they ordered--and often prepaid for. If you even get the box at all....

By Shirley L.

You can, but you will not get a refund.

By Teresa P.

You're not supposed to be charged for individual boxes if you paid for the annual. Check your billing history and then contact customer service with that information to request proper refunds. It'll take a while because they're slow.

By Jessica D.
Questions? Get answers from the FabFitFun staff and other customers.

FabFitFun?