Review of The Mine

Tel: 1-844-843-6463
support@themine.com

jackies167
12/14/18

To get a Great response and your situation resolved, LOOSE whatever anger you have toward who ever you're dealing with. The Truth! You will get a lot more satisfaction explaining whatever is wrong with your purchase, When you start off "asking" for their HELP to solve "Your" situation. The Mine is a great place to shop and the person you're talking to is NOT the one that screwed-up your order!

chazr1
5/10/18

Worst experience I've ever had with a website. EVER.
They lost my package and had no follow up. I finally followed up, and they re-ordered.
Then, the package sat in a warehouse because they again had no follow up. I called again, and will hopefully get it delivered. But my gut says ill never get it. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN. EVER. EVER. EVER.

I would have been better off flying to NJ to pick up the package, and fly back with it. This company needs to be shut down.

michelled177
3/22/18

I ordered a bedspread from The Mine that the website said was in stock. After waiting almost a week and never getting a shipping email I contacted them. They said it would ship out within a day or two. Another week later I check the status of my order and it says the bedspread wouldnt be available to ship for two more months! Mind you they had already charged my credit card. I emailed them and never got a response back so I called them. I was told that they do not have anything in stock on hand. They order everything from the manufacturer and if they (the manufacturer) were out of stock they couldnt help it. When asked how they could sell something they didnt have I never got a straight answer. She did say she hears this all day so apparently they do it all the time. I promptly cancelled my order. The customer service person was very professional, its the company itself I have a problem with. If Lowes does own the site they should be ashamed.

vanessam81
3/7/18

I'm updating my review below. The Mine itself has been very helpful along the way and has refunded me for the cabinet and apologized for all the trouble. They were very helpful and responsive throughout the whole process. My complaint is mainly regarding the quality of the cabinet and that it took such an effort to get the quality issues really looked into. The Mine said they have taken the cabinet off of their website b/c of quality issues they saw other people had as well with this cabinet as well and have asked the manufacturer to look into it's quality control. Hopefully the manufacturer will correct the major quality issues with this cabinet and hopefully The Mine will have a better handle on the quality manufacturers are delivering to their customers. The Mine seems to be a good and caring company. And if they keep a check on the quality that their vendors are sending to customers they can be a great company!

Original review:

I ordered the Tvilum 92175 Aberdeen 2-Door China Cabinet from The Mine. The Mine CS agent was very nice and helpful but the product was a piece of junk. I wrote a review on their site for the item on March 3, 2018 but they have not posted it. Here is a copy of my review. I gave it a rating of 1 bc thats the least you can give. I do not recommend purchasing this product. the second production run was no better in product nor packaging.

This cabinet is extremely cheaply made and is shipped without adequate packaging or indication of fragility on the packaging.. Tvilum had to deliver 5 cabinets to get 1 set of glass doors to arrive unbroken. And the only reason those doors were unbroken in the 3rd shipment is because they inadvertently sent 3 sets. 2 of which had broken doors. This cabinet arrives in 2 extremely heavy boxes. The glass door box is also extremely tall. It would cost as much as the cabinet or more to return these. Fortunately for me I was home when FedEx arrived and was able to refuse delivery. However the delivery I accepted with the unbroken glass doors had a broken base shelf which I didn't catch until later when trying to assemble the cabinet. I contacted the mine but the guy I had been dealing with had moved to another dept so I was going to have to call another department and start all over which was too daunting after 2 months and 5 damaged sets! So I had a friend help me put it together. It took 4 hours to put it together! Then when I went to move it using protective sliders the bottom base collapsed! The mdf is so porous and flimsy and the metal holding brackets bent like paper. I've seen a lot of other bad reviews for this cabinet. Don't buy!!! You're just asking for a headache and a lot of stress in your life!

jasonf103
3/2/18

Im a contractor and was referred by Lowes who owns the site from what I was told. Bought a tub with white glove service. It took 3 months and 4 tries to get the product in the house and Undamaged and my own labor to move it. So much for the white glove service and they said they would issue me a credit but when I tried to give them a second chance they wouldnt let me use it as a credit basically just a coupon like they always offer. They wasted my time and money Terrible terrible order from anywhere else. As someone who spends thousands every year at various online and brick and mortar stores save yourself the headaches and move on.

elwarde
2/10/18

I recieved my light covers took longer then I wanted but, I got them and offered me money back!! I know business is hard and didnt want to get money back!! I had to change my review!! I had to call multiple times which pissed me off!! But they stood the test and I would Say GOOD BUSINESS!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER TO THE MINE!!!!

Tip for consumers: ITS OK

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
Elward, thank you for your review, we are glad we were able to fix this by sending you a replacement fixture. If you have any further needs feel free to reach out and we'd be happy to help! - The Mine
alicef44
2/6/18

They cash your money and never deliver. After many months I had to cancel because they keep pushing the delivery date by many months. We are basically loaning them money for free.

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
Hi Alice, I am very sorry for your recent shopping experience. The vendor has been unable to fulfill the order and continues to backorder the delivery date and we understand how frustrating that can be. A member of our Customer Care Team, Rachael has reached out to you to assist. Your order has been canceled and refund processed. Please let me know if there is anything else we can assist with. - The Mine
taras111
1/26/18

I ordered an item back in mid December and still have not received it. I have had to contact someone to check on the status of my item and each time i'm told that the item is out of stock and i will receive it on a (certain date). Those dates have come and gone 3 times. Still no clue when I'm going to get my item.

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
Tara, thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the delay in the shipping of your item. We are glad our Customer Care team was able to resolve this with you. If you need any more assistance we'd be happy to help! - The Mine
marym606
1/25/18

Ordered tv stand on Nov. 24, 2017. This is Jan. 22, 2018 & still have not received my order. Have called 4 times to co. & once to delivery co. Have never gotten the delivery co. To call back & the mine only gives me the run-a-round (the weather, etc.). I don't know if I will ever get my tv stand. As of this moment I am waiting to talk to someone who has me on hold to see where my merchandise is. Don't think she's coming back online. Never do business with this co.

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
Mary, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are glad your item arrived the following day. Feel free to reach out with any additional needs and we'd be happy to assist! - The Mine
gabrielb50
1/19/18

This place is so sketchy. I placed an order on Jan the 5th 2018 and then cancelled my order THE SAME DAY. I ordered a table and realized after that it was too big for the space I wanted it for. I literally called them the same day and politely asked if they could cancel my order that I had just placed and she said no problem she would put a request in for that and I would be receiving an email confirming the cancellation. 3 days later no confirmation email so I called them back and they said they would have to get a hold of the manufacturer to let them know I wanted to cancel. So I waited 2 more days ...nothing. I called back and they told me they can't get a hold of the manufacturer. Why would you do business with a manufacturer that you cannot get a hold of. After 10 days I demanded to speak to a manager. They got me a supervisor. I told him I did not want to be charged for this table (seeing how I cancelled it 10 days ago) I do not want it shipped to my house because I am not dealing with returning it. I shouldn't have to! He told me at that point "what I can do for you miss is cancel the item for you on our end" I was like EXCUSE ME? I have been calling you guys for the last 10 days trying to cancel this order and your telling me you haven't even cancelled my item on YOUR END yet? Then he said he would call me back in one hour and that he was going to try to get in touch with the manufacturer again. He calls me back then proceeds to tell me that he finally got in touch with the manufacturer ..... apparently there was some "miss communication" and that the table was already shipped out on Jan 8th. If this was truly the case, why didn't I get an email saying the table was shipped? No email with a tracking number nothing. The supervisor told me that.... for all of this trouble I would be able to keep the table since it's already been shipped and that I would not be charged for it. Hmm... I will be checking my credit card statements DAILY because this all still seems so fishy. If I get charged for this table that I cancelled 10 days ago you can bet that I will be calling back once again!

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
Gabriel - Thank you for contacting The Mine. A member of our customer care team has been attempting to reach you. The item was refunded and the vendor is allowing you to keep the item. We have confirmed that you have not and will not be charged for the table. Thank you - The Mine
tinah109
1/4/18

After ranting about the poor service I received from this company I was contacted within 12 hours by a very helpful and courteous women named Racheal, she explained that my case was not handled properly by the customer service representative and they are correcting it immediately! She resolved all the issues I was having and followed up continuously throughout the entire process even checking after the delivery to be sure it was delivered perfectly! What a wonderful experience after all! I will gladly use this company again!

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
Tina - Thank you for reviewing The Mine! We are so glad that you had a positive experience handling your order issue. Thank you - The Mine
karar11
12/25/17

So we originally purchased a couch late November. They shipped it out to us but the middle section got shipped back. Called about it and was in constant contact with a female representative who was supposed to deal with the situation. She was very nice and said ALL the right things but broken promises. So apparently the section was in FEDEX LA LA land. At first she said she would offer a discount of like 10 -20 % but she wanted to see if she could find it. TOOK HER 2 WEEKS to get back to me about that.....waiting and waiting. Then she said well maybe we could get you a new couch but to her knowledge she had nothing in stock and before this she was telling me they will make new middle sections in MARCH so she was asking me if I wanted to wait until MARCH for a new middle section.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!! We wanted to just return the other 2 sections and have them replace it with something they had in stock. She said she had nothing...I looked while I was on the phone with her and found something brought it to her attention and she ran it by her manager and POOF guess what OHHH OF COURSE we could do that but it might be a little different in price. OUR COUCH $415.81 the couch I was requesting was $706. That seemed pretty reasonable since I have been waiting since November 21st. BTW this was December 22nd now so over a MONTH we were dealing with this!!! They would not replace it until we got the refund intiated what kind of BUSINESS IS THIS!!! We already were out the money from this purchase and now with the holidays they wanted us to wait until those couches were picked up which would take 7 to 10 days then another 7 to 10 days to get the refund THEN ORDER THE COUCH!!! What kind of crazy MESS this was and it wasnt even our fault and we had to wait OVER A MONTH FOR THIS TO GET SORTED (Still not sorted)!!! UGHHHH FRUSTRATED!!! We asked her to go ahead and get shippers out here to pick up the boxed sections that were delivered but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ORDER THIS $706.00 couch so we at least have it before the NEW YEAR.... NOPE SHE SAID cant do that we have to have a REFUND ON THE ACCOUNT FIRST!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY OR ALLIED TRADE GROUP MARKETPLACE. This was all done originally through Sears online but they go through these 3rd parties. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM THEM AT ALL!!!

Response from Christina S., The Mine Representative
Kara - Thank you for contacting The Mine. A member of our customer care team has been in contact with you to refund your order and remove the packages from your home. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you - The Mine
disappointedc17
12/25/17

I ordered a TV unit from The Mine more than a month before Christmas. The item was supposed to be delivered 2 weeks before the Christmas. It wasnt. I called them and the delivery company they work withSeko Logistics and scheduled delivery 4 different times. The driver never arrived and I waited for someone to call each time at home. I called Seko repeatedly and finally managed to talk to a supervisor who told me that the item was never loaded in the truck, and I was given wrong information before! They looked for the item for the next few days and I called The Mine to let them know about what happened. Each time I called, I explained my problem to different people all over again including 2 customer representatives who promised to solve my issue. All they did was to send an email to Seko and wait who never got back to them. So, I had to solve this with Seko myself. Finally, Seko delivered the huge box on a Friday evening, 2 weeks later than the day they were supposed to deliver. When I got home, I opened the box which seemed to be well-packaged, removed the protective liners and was shocked to see the furniture inside was severely damaged. There were cracks everywhere. To smash the item like that they must have put very heavy boxes on top of it! It was such a horrible outcome after waiting for so long and calling repeatedly to claim the furniture I paid for. I called The Mine in tears and they initiated a refund. But, it was Friday evening and they said that they cannot do anything for pick-up until Monday. I was stuck with a huge box which I managed to push outside the door. The item partially blocked the hallway in my building all weekend and I put a note on it saying that it will be picked up soon. Monday morning I called back and explained my problem all over again to a new person on the phone, because it was impossible to reach the customer representatives I talked to before. I notified them once again about the urgency of the situation and they said that they emailed the freight company. Unfortunately, the freight company has proved to be incompetent and unprofessional in so many ways by that time. But, people at The Mine kept behaving like this was not a big deal. They should understand that they have a responsibility to the customers they sell to! Then, a whole week has passed and nobody returned my calls. I called several more times, spent a lot of time and energy on the phone on top of my frustration during the past month and customer representatives didnt even show the courtesy to call me back and give me an update. I was hoping to enjoy this furniture by the holidays. Instead, they dumped the damaged furniture on me 2 weeks late, didnt send someone to pick it up, didnt call me, didnt return my calls. Today is Friday before Christmas and I called a junk removal company and paid $160 out of pocket to have the $680 worth of junk to be removed from the hallway of my building. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated. I will never order anything from The Mine again. I do not recommend this company to anyone who wants to stay sane. They ruined my our holiday! Oh, and also they did not post my honest review on their website.

Response from Christina S., The Mine Representative
Thank you for reviewing The Mine. We are so sorry for your experience. A member of our customer care team has been in contact with you to resolve the issue and refund the order. Thank you - The Mine
carlosm117
12/25/17

Read the reviews. A big Mistake. Do Not use this company. I have been trying to resolve this issue for days now. The Service is terrible. They response was that they can not control the shipping company. I have been told every day for the last 5 days they would be delivering between 1 and 3 and I wait and wait. It is 2 days before Christmas and now I have been on hold again for over an hour. Not worth it. Use Wayfair.

Response from Christina S., The Mine Representative
Carlos - Thank you for contacting The Mine. A member of our customer care team has been in contact with you to return the item at your request. The product has been routed back to the warehouse and a refund was issued last week. We apologize for the inconvenience with longer ship times. Thank you - The Mine
justinb154
12/24/17

I Bought a bed frame on cyber monday and got a great deal. I bought this bed for 250 $ when every other site was at least 100 $ more expensive, even with all the holiday deals(regular price 475$). The bed was in great condition, arrived ahead of time and had no problems. I was worried when i ordered it because i checked this site after, but figured it was such a deal that id try it out. Glad i did, i will use this site again.

Response from Christina S., The Mine Representative
Justin, thank you for taking the time to review our site. We are glad you had a positive experience and hope you will shop with us again soon! - The Mine
alyssar27
12/22/17

No words can describe how unprofessional this company is. Told us our delivery date and gave us a window from 12-5pm. Never showed up and never called to explain why. Had to hunt them down, after hours passed we finally got in touch. Then found out it would still be another 2 hours before delivery. The truck shows up at 930pm on a Monday night. The delivery men said they can't bring it inside. My husband had to ask a neighbor for help at that hour, in order to get it inside ourselves. Wouldn't recommend this company to my worst nightmare! Called to talk to manager and they just give you the run a round. Save yourself the hassle, order elsewhere!!!!

Response from Christina S., The Mine Representative
Alyssa, Thank you for contacting The Mine. We apologize for the poor experience with the shipping company and have reached out to learn more about how we can resolve this issue. Thank you - The Mine
dougw52
12/20/17

I should have read the reviews first. I placed an order on Nov. 29th expecting it to arrive by Christmas. I was even told it would ship by December 5th by the agent. As it turns out they do not have in stock and order from the manufacturer on demand. As of Dec. 16th it still has not shipped and no updates. This seems like a scam to get my money as I paid for it already and use my funds to support their poor business practices. I could have ordered from elsewhere. Now my grandson will not get the gift I ordered for him on Christmas. Do not trust this company!

Response from Christina S., The Mine Representative
Doug - Thank you for reaching out to The Mine. A dedicated member of our Customer Care team has been working with you. We are so glad that the item arrived on time for Christmas for your grandson! Thank you - The Mine
franceem
12/11/17

I've had nothing but stellar service from themine.com.

I ordered a dining set over Black Friday, then noticed they offered a better Cyber Monday deal. Live Chatted with the company, and they issued me a credit for the difference!

Then, when my order arrived (which took under a week, by the way!) I noticed the bench was damaged in shipping. Emailed the company, and they arranged a replacement bench to be shipped from the manufacturer in the next few days. Easy peasy!

I saw several bad reviews for themine.com and was REALLY apprehensive about ordering from this site, but my worries are put to rest. I could not ask for better customer support or a better online experience. Highly recommend!!!

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
Francee, we are so appreciative of your review! Thank you for shopping with us and we look forward to helping you love where you live again. - The Mine
je29203
12/7/17

I ordered a hot tub that clearly shows as in stock on their website. A few days later the order status shows as back-ordered for 4 months. Although it is still "in stock". Cancelled, will never order anything from them again.

Update 1 on 12/4: Received an email explaining the issue which was appreciated. It appears they don't carry any stock, they basically process orders from manufacturers and have to rely on them to provide up to date info. The manufacturer updated The Mine five days ago that their hot tub will not be available until March. However, the website still says it is in stock and the estimated ship date is in 2 days. I have moved on and bought a much better hot tub from Costco, a retailer that I can trust.

Update 2: Checked stock status on 12/5 and it is now updated to reflect out of stock until March.

Tip for consumers: Call customer service to have them double check stock with the manufacture. Otherwise, buy from Amazon or Costco.

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
J E. Thank you for reaching out and working with our team to resolve the issue. We are glad we were able to refund you and correct the browsing results. Thank you - The Mine
evelyni5
12/1/17

I ordered a Kucht range. Twelve days later I was told there was an issue with the address. It got resolved through my personal concierge, Beth Balow, but no communication since. I emailed her twice and did not get a response. I got it at 20% discount. Two days later the Mine offered 25% discount and 30% on cyber Monday. I used the chat function and was told that the additional discount would be reflected and credited back to my card. Im not sure if I will receive the additional discount, since I have yet to receive order confirmation or confirmation of the discount. I ordered another high dollar item, a heated Towel Bar, at 25% off and the next day it was 30%. Same thing, I should get the additional discount, but no confirmation even though I specifically asked to be emailed. When I ordered the range, I had not set up an account, so I dont know the status. I have been charged, but no refund for the discount yet. What is the purpose of having a so called Personal Concierge if she doesnt communicate? It seems once the sale is done, so is the communication. I am very disappointed. This range listed for $3295 and I am afraid of what to expect should there be any problems once it is delivered. This is the first time I ordered a major appliance on line and only because of the good price. I hope this can get resolved since I will need some more appliances for our new home construction.

delisac2
11/29/17

I purchased two twin beds with mattresses last week. I absolutely love them..The quality was great,easy to assemble and affordable. I rate the transaction a5 out of five stars. I also posted a video on YouTube showing me assembling the beds.My youtube channel is Delisa Lyfe. Great job Mine.com

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
Delisa, we are thrilled that you love the beds and hope your guests do too! - The Mine
susanj153
11/25/17

I ordered my table end of October and due for delivery by Nov 17. Never received it or got notification. Called to check on it a week ago and supposedly it was damaged enroute but noone told the Mine or me. I was supposed to get a follow-up call this past week on the order status but still nothing. Good thing I wasn't planning on having Thanksgiving dinner around that new table! Maybe next year.

raisingr
11/20/17

I am SO disappointed. They blamed me and made excuses instead of attempting to fix the problem. We were expecting a VERY important shipment and it has taken a month to generate a shipping label. Well, it's still IN their possession and expected to ship another 3 days from now (and still an ETA of 14 days from then) and they won't expedite my order or do anything to even TRY to make sure I get my shipment. Create a NEW label and send the chairs. It's that simple.

We are having a party with 100+ people on Dec 1 and the way it's looking, we will not have kitchen chairs! I would have never ordered from The Mine if I knew this would have even been a possibility.

daphner6
11/10/17

most awful customer service I've ever experienced. do not buy from this site!!! i'm filing a complaint today about this awful company

patriciam236
11/9/17

I don't understand all these reviews. I had my bathrooms remodeled in 2009 and ordered 2 light fixtures that were gorgeous, high quality, and I got a fantastic price from The Mine. Today, I just received the second part of a patio furniture order. Absolutely fantastic pieces at a fantastic price. I will be ordering again.

Response from Melissa C., The Mine Representative
Patricia, we appreciate your honest review of our services and how pleased you are with them! Thank you for shopping with us and we look forward to the next time as well! - The Mine

Robert, currently our inventory indicates that it is in stock but our system will contact the manufacturer to verify once an order is placed.

By Melissa C., The Mine Representative

Brad, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at 1-844-843-6463 or via email at support@themine.com so they can look into your specific order and see if it qualifies for a return. Thank you - The Mine

By Melissa C., The Mine Representative

Janice, we definitely have them in stock!

By Melissa C.

Liz, we would like to look into this order further to resolve your issue. Can you provide us with an order #, or the email you purchased the order with? Thank you! - The Mine

By Melissa C.

Mink, we have an incredible Customer Care team that would be happy to assist in any potential order issue. We are dedicated to making sure the item arrives on time and in the best condition and if it isn't we will make every effort to correct it. Additionally, we have a Personal Concierge team that can assist if you would like a member of our team to watch your order from placement to delivery and give you updates on the way! Thank you for inquiring and we hope you shop with us soon!

By Melissa C.

Connie, we have recently re-branded and have changed our name to The Mine, formerly ATGStores.com. To reach our team please dial 1-844-843-6463 to reach out team. Thank you!

By Melissa C.

Tim, we are a drop-ship only company which means we ship directly from the manufacturer to the customer and do not hold any inventory ourselves. If you purchase an item, it will come directly from the manufacturer. Let us know if you have any further questions!

By Melissa C.

Savannah, we are indeed! You can find us at www.themine.com for all your home furnishing needs!

By Melissa C.

Hello Imani, ATGStores.com is a BBB Accredited Business with an A+ rating! Feel free to read more about our success and business here: http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/internet-shopping/atgstores-com-in-kirkland-wa-6025336/

By Nick H.

Hello Sam, Each order is shipped using one of three standard methods depending upon what is best suited for your delivery. Most small to medium-sized orders will ship FREE using UPS or FedEx Ground Services. For more information on our shipping policies check out: https://www.atgstores.com/about/policies.aspx

By Nick H.
Questions? Get answers from the The Mine staff and other customers.

7 Photos for The Mine