The Animal Rescue Site reviews

Tel: +1-206-268-5401
customerservice@theanimalrescuesite.com

wynng1
5/17/19

This site does have cute stuff. But if things go wrong, don't plan for an easy send back. All of the shoes/sandals are made in China and they aren't true to size. I had to send back a number of sandals from this season, and included two pairs from last season's order which were too small (brand new, in packaging, and the same items they are currently selling). They said they would not refund me for the too small items, and were keeping them!! To sell, of course, since they are the exact same new products as this year! Unbelievable. Just keep my money and NOW the product as well. I won't buy here again -- it's too easy to get the wrong size or an item that really doesn't work. Their customer service isn't accommodating, when you need them to be. I'm going to have to deal with this probably through my most recent credit card purchase since I can't get satisfaction from the company. Avoid this company.

leeh223
1/26/19

Another Chinese based knock-off site, like many of these pages that come up in your Facebook news feed. This is one of hundreds , mostly hosted by Shopify that try to appear to be legit but are just out there to take consumers money. They steal images from artists, designers and photographers . Buyer beware of FB pages that advertise pages like this.

pamelad171
12/13/18

I was lured into placing an order by the flood of FB ads in my feed, the cute designs featured in the photos, and the idea that my purchase would support the care of "rescued" cats and dogs.
From my experience, I suspect that the gushingly positive reviews on their site are fictional. Poor quality merch, nonexistant customer service, and returns for ANY reason are on you.
Just give the money to a local charity.

valeriem141
11/7/18

The Animal Rescue Site is an amazingly easy way to donate to 9 different causes by simply clicking the link for either a single cause, or as many of their 9 selected causes you prefer or donate.
Clicking to donate only takes a second & all 9 less than a minute, making daily donating fast & easy.

They will even send you a daily reminder if you want.

Each has their own link along with an explanation of what the charity is, what your click will provide for it & how previous clicks have been used to help.
There is also a link to The Greater Good, an online specialized boutique that donates a portion of purchases as well.
The items sold are good quality & reasonably prised with daily specials.
I have personally been using both sites for almost 10 years now and have never been disappointed by anything pertaining to them.

michaelab20
10/3/18

I was sent 2 of the same item even though I ordered 1. In the same order I received a Hooded Jacket, the inside was full of animal fur and other unidentifiable stuff. Very pre-used and returned by someone else! I contacted them for both items and was told they can do a refund or reship but your responsible to ship them back. $18.00 for shipping!

Buyer beware, return shipping is on you no matter what the reason!

susano68
4/28/18

I thought of buying from these people then looked at the products. They are the same poorly made products as on other Chinese sponsored sites. Then I checked Charity Navigator to see if they were even a charity. Nope! This is a scam. Only support legitimate sites where your money will actually go to a good cause. Money spent on this company is going to the same country that eats dogs.

victorines
2/9/18

I purchased 2 sets of "handmade" pine needle coasters. Each set was identical in everyday and the coasters were obviously machine made. They are very nice and I would probably had bought them if they had been honestly described. But I refuse to shop with companies that falsely advertise. Now I even doubt if they make the donations they claim to do.

sheilac54
1/3/18

I have ordered much from this site but it bothers me greatly to see that almost everything is 'Made in China'. I feel that due to the horrendous cruelty that takes place (skinning dogs alive, for example) - in China, it's ironic to be supporting trade. If the Chinese Government were immediately affected (by lack of sales) - perhaps this would put pressure on them to address their animal-treatment. Also - we should have choices to support USA products more. ANIMALS NEED HELP.....changes are needed.

michelem98
10/14/17

I actually foolishly placed more than one order to get an advertised promotional item. I have NEVER gotten the item. Instead, you get a cheap piece of crap. Don't bother contacting customer service. They truly don't care. They have zero interest in making things right and retaining a customer

sandys128
9/25/17

I ordered a number of items from this website. I am well pleased with the items I received. I also like the idea of helping the causes that are important to me with the purchases I make.

rosec70
9/24/17

I ordered 2 pairs on lounge pants, purple. I paid $40.00 and was told 70 meals for animals would be given to the Rescue site. When the order arrived it was not flannel material like stated, color was maroon rather than purple and the cloth was so flimsy you could see through it. See Photos below. the photo of blue and puprle flannel pants is what was advertised, the other two are what I got. DISGUSTED

Tip for consumers: Donate directly to your cause. I paid way to much for the lackluster shabby quality. I am donating to local charity. I wonder now if it does indeed give meals for animals? IDK SO VERY DISAPPOINTED

jennys100
8/31/17

I click everyday and have purchased many items from here and never had any problems. It does bother me through that they get some products from China who are know abusers of animals. I am sure it's a money thing but if our goal is to help animals we shouldn't be supporting a country that abuses them. Just my thoughts.

nicoleh95
8/29/17

I am so glad yet so sad to read these reviews. I have heard these types of comments on FB groups with other dog owners. I was trying to research on how much of the money they get actually goes to the animals and I found these reviews. I will be taking my business elsewhere. Also, I have read over and over the quality of their clothing is junk. I wonder why, coming from China!

stard6
8/29/17

It has been 12 days and I have contacted these people 3 times. The person name "Sara" was extremely rude and she has told me that I don't have to shop there if I did not wanted to. She hardly let me speak. She keep going on and on not letting me speak. I don't recommend shopping at this site to no one. You won't get your shipment on time, you wont be able to cancel the order, and you have to deal with very nasty people like Sara.

williamm325
8/19/17

When will you stop buying from china and support jobs for the Americans who donate to you? The Chinese and Koreans often torture dogs before eating.

cherylc101
7/24/17

The 3 items I ordered were supposed to all be buy one get one at no additional cost however when I received my order there were only the single items in the shipment. I contacted customer service and was told no, those items are never big. I didn't imagine it and certainly did not make this up. Now I'm stuck returning and paying shipping cost! False advertising!!!

cathiem7
6/24/17

After seeing the horrific images from the dog eating festival in China, it seems ironic that an animal rescue site would sell so many items made in China. I threw the shirt away that i ordered when I saw it was made in China. Unfortunately, they don't state what country an item comes from so you can make a decision. They just list "imported." Buyer beware.

kariw8
5/7/17

I've ordered from this site for years and I've never had one single issue. Everything has been up to standard, loved them all. shipping always fine. Not one complaint fr me yet. GREAT site.

amandal116
4/1/17

Because they don't provide half sizes for shoes, I listened to the advice of reviewers and went with the next size up. Get them and of course, they're too big. Now I'm stuck footing the return shipping for two pairs of shoes. I've emailed them twice in the past few weeks and have gotten zero responses, so I'm afraid to even ship them back in case they don't refund my money. Will never buy from again, which is a real shame because I love to support animals whenever I can.

lindsayj19
3/31/17

I've been shopping here for over a decade, and only once had a broken item that was replaced with no issues, and rushed to me. I've done research and made sure that this company is truly helping those in need, and they are. Customers complaining about items that aren't the same size: it says right on the listings that many of these are handmade items and may not all come out the same. Also, there are options to donate rather than purchase things. If you feel as though you're being ripped off, maybe you should be choosing that option instead. Another important suggestion is to order in advance when ordering near a holiday, as packages often get held back due to major rushes. If you follow basic guidelines to read thoroughly and really know what you're paying for, you shouldn't have any complaints.

karenh208
3/11/17

I am very surprised at all of the negative reviews. I order from them all the time and have always received my order very quickly and never had a problem with customer service and I love that some of my money goes to animal rescue.

janicep29
2/15/17

I placed an order on February 14. Shortly after placing this order, I realized I ordered the wrong colors for 3 of the items. I tried to change it online, NO way to change. I called customer service, around 3pm approximately 2 hours after placing order. They were CLOSED. I called the next morning & was told it was too LATE to change the order. I tried sending an e-mail requesting that the order be canceled. And if it was shipped I would write return to sender on it. I got an e-mail back, threatening to FINE me if I did not accept the order. WORST customer service I have EVER had to deal with. I will never buy from this company again.

brianl115
2/8/17

DON'T ORDER FROM HERE. SCAM TO PULL ON YOUR HEARTSTRINGS. I ordered something for Mother's Day. Item never arrived customer service is a total joke. Item wasn't worth the amount of time invested to remedy the situation. Live and learn I guess.

You know how to verify that you are helping dogs? Just pick up a giant bag of dog food and drop it off at a shelter. That's how you at least know it actually got there.

sheilab59
2/6/17

I am suprised at all the negative reviews, I've ordered a lot of different items from the Greater Good animal site, I have bought Christmas gifts for people who loved what tgey received from me, such unique and different products. The Tunics have vibrant colors, easy to wash, great quality. I hope there is a solution to all the problems from the reviews on here. Sheila from Rhode Island

rhondah44
1/19/17

There are so many much more legitimate rescue sites to donate your money to. If you want your money to go to helping the animals rather than overhead please look elsewhere. There are local sites for rescue where ALL of your money goes to the care and well being of the animals. If you are just buying their products because you think that they are cute that's another story. As a retail outlet, their products are marginal...not worth the extra bucks and their customer service could use an overhaul. I bought a pair of shoes from them because I thought they were a legitimate rescue site. I received the wrong sized shoe and was appalled when I looked them up to return the shoes. They work through an third party to advertise and collect your money, and you know that that's not free! I would have returned the shoes and happily paid the postage if I'd thought I was still providing help to the animals, but knowing that they are just a retail outlet I would have expected them to pay the postage to correct their error but they won't. I will pay to return the shoes, get my money refunded, and donate it to a much more worthy rescue site. Oh, and I'll quit following them on Facebook too.

It depend on your definition. You cant trust them. If you think you are going to get a bonus item in ANY way? Their promotions are false advertising and bait and switch. If you have a problem, the customer service is horrendous. It is a horrible set up. You are better off buying elsewhere. Theyre advertising handmade items and exotic sources when things are made in China

By Michele M.

Is it secure? Yes. Thats the only thing you can trust. Everything else is shifty and cannot be trusted. Their promotions are false advertising and bait and switch. Handmade items are cheap Made in China items marked up. If its BOGO or any get free at all, you will not get what you are expecting. If you have a problem, customer service will not only not help you, they will be rude. Buy elsewhere

By Michele M.

I have signed nearly every petition on this site. So much help is needed for these animals out there. There are wolf hunting parties and the slaughter of wild mustang horses for their meat. This cruelty has to stop!

By LilRebel C.

I hate to tell you this but their customer service is awful. They are dishonest. You can try contacting them but you will get excuses. Be prepared to contact your credit card company

By Michele M.

Questions? Get answers from the The Animal Rescue Site staff and other customers.

4 Photos for The Animal Rescue Site