Review of Petco

Tel: 877-738-6742
2018 Customer choice award

nancyc433
11/17/18

I was having to order it at Chewy.com but when I found out Pet Smart sells it I was very happy. Now I just drive over, pick it up and I'm done. And the staff in Corona is very helpful with what ever I have needed so Thank you very much. Trying to come up with 100 characters is hard so I'm just very happy with Pet Smart. Hope this is enough to send through. thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Tip for consumers: Look for the best dog food

kathym175
10/29/18

The stores won't sell canned pet food by the case which means a higher cost per can. When I've ordered online to get the case price, they often sent loose cans instead of factory sealed cases. On two of my last three auto-ship orders, this resulted in my receiving the wrong items. Whoever is packing these boxes isn't paying attention to which cans they're grabbing. While they do ship quickly, I can't depend on them to send me what I ordered so I'll be doing all my buying with Chewy for now.

donnay19
10/1/18

Petco thinks they can play with words. They offer Free Shipping.... sure they do but if you live in Hawaii or Alaska they hit you with a HUGE 'SURCHARGE'. Technically it's not 'shipping' but it's still an extra cost to get anything delivered. Well I'm not stupid enough to fall for their play on words. They just lost all my online business and I order a lot of stuff. Now I'll order from Petsmart and pick up for 5% off! I'm sure Petsmart wants my $1K/month business.

barbaraa232
8/31/18

I had took my Bishon to petco to get him groom , stated I did not want him shaved , what happen the groomer shaved him , if you know the breed they are suppose to get scissor cut , I will never go back to Petco not even for their products , I am so heart broken that my puppy looks like a puppy that he has been starved and has never had anything to eat , the groomer needs to be fired

tatiannap
8/19/18

Just to provide background: I am a regular Petco customer. I purchased two guinea pigs from Petco back in February and have planned to buy more. My boyfriend and I spend hundreds of dollars buying all of our pet products from Petco. Friday, my boyfriend bought bedding and hay for our pigs and let me know that he saw a beautiful, fluffy brown baby pig that he thought I would love. So yesterday, on a beautiful Saturday, I drove to Petco to see this pig so I could decide if we would add him to the family. When I arrived at the tank, the guinea pig was hiding in the hideaway, so I could not see it. I looked around for someone to help us. I finally made eye contact with an employee (name tag: Rai) who asked how they could help. I asked if we could see the guinea pig. Rai responded "Well do you plan on buying it?" Confused, I asked her to repeat the question and she said again very confidently "Are you going to buy the guinea pig? I will only let you see it if you plan on purchasing it." Completely shocked, I walked away and looked for another employee. Rai approached the employee I was waiting to speak to, so I asked her if there was a manager available. Confidently, she told me she was the manager. I asked her why I would need to promise to buy a guinea pig before seeing it. She stated that groups of kids come into the store asking to see pets, so she had to be certain. I asked if I looked like a child? She said "No ma'am..." then said "Well, I can get someone to show you the guinea pig..." At this point, I was too hurt and offended to even stay in the store. My boyfriend and I left. I am deeply hurt at how I was treated not only as a loyal Petco customer, but as a person. I am also disappointed that I did not see the guinea pig I was interested in. If this is how Petco treats their customers, they don't deserve them.

chuckw66
7/10/18

Ordered an automatic cat feeder because the price was right, and most importantly because they were in stock. They were not in stock, and my cat feeder is now back ordered. Thanks Petco.

joset96
6/7/18

On May of 2018 my daughter purchased a guinea pig at Petco and was told it was a female. If at a later time we wanted to purchase a companion we were advise to buy another female guinea pig. The following month my daughter bought a female guinea pig. However when she place the pet inside the cage the so called female guinea pig immediately attempted to climb on top of the one we had just purchase. We realize right away that the first guinea pig was really a male. Shame on you Petco, get your genders right.

tracyh133
4/23/18

I love coming here. My salesclerk is always polite, helpful and offered help with my cat supplies. Her name is Kate and I look forward to visiting the store again for my dogs food. Thank you so much!

angelar116
4/17/18

I have been taking my dog to Petco for 11 years. In fact when you say Petco to him he gives you the cutest look turning his head perking his ears up. I do believe it's one of his favorite places to go. They taught me so much about obedience, nutrition and got me on the right path to helping out with local rescues. They always treat my dog like hes the only dog there. Being a member of the Petco pals reward program really Pays off. Getting emails with freebies on my dog and all 4 of my cat's birthdays is really cool. They have a lot of great items in store and online to shop for for dogs and cats, other animals as well but That's all I have.

rodrigod5
3/15/18

I like that Petco offers return delivery service. It's convenient and I get a nice discount. However, it doesn't always honor price matches. So, I left my feedback on the website. One day later, I received an unexpected call from Petco apologizing it didn't offer me the price match. In turn, I got $20 worth of points I gladly used for a new order. So, after all it wasn't bad after all for me.

jonii
3/9/18

I ordered birdseed from Petco online and it was delivered to someone on the other side of my city who had the same address number. The man who got the birdseed called Petco and told them and they instructed him to donate it and they would credit me which they never did. Instead this kind gentleman found me and we went to get the seed from him. I never ordered from them again-I feed every bird in a 20 mi radius, have 4 stray cats, 3 dogs and one inside cat. I could have single handedly kept Petco in business-no more.

territ23
2/12/18

We purchased two bags of Nature's Variety Instinct Raw food on January 30 for over $120. I noticed my dog getting sick after feeding him the chicken. So, I opened the second bag of beef, which was freeze dried to a block. I checked the expiration date and to my horror I found both bags were EXTREMELY expired, with dates of May 5, 2017 and the other July 6, 2017. WE are in FEBRUARY 2018!!! Why is that even still on the shelf?? You should be ashamed of yourself PETCO!!! Apparently PETCO does not care about DOGS. There is no nutritional value at this point. Our dog is like our child. This is disgusting. DON/T SHOP AT PETCO if you want quality food.

Despite numerous emails and phone calls to Petco corporate, I still have no resolution and no one has called me yet!!! The only email response I get is that someone will get back to me with 24-28 hours. It's been well over that...I guess Petco is as concerned about their customers as the pets they are so supposed to serve...zero percent!!!

On 2/12/2018, I had to call my awesome credit card company, Capital One, who re-contacted Petco again. We conducted a conference call and stayed on the phone with Petco for 20 minutes because all the escalation people were busy! Then Petco tried to hassle me because I no longer had the receipt. You sold me expired pet food that made my dog and sick and I have the charge on my credit card, are you kidding me? The Capital One representative was pretty shocked as well. All I was asking for was a refund. We disputed the charge. NEVER AGAIN PETCO, NEVER AGAIN.

rynnb
12/25/17

DO NOT GIVE THEM MONEY, find another source. BOYCOTT PETCO to preserve our oceans, reefs and fish - and I dare you to find products that are not made in China there!

kimberlc
11/26/17

I have been a customer odf Petco for grooming and shopping for my malti-poo for over 6 years. Consistent and professional service from each Petco from South Bay , to Orange County and now Big Bear, Ca. Which I have just retired to. Alway have my up to date info, grooming , they are on top of training!! Thanks again Crystal at Big Bear Petco and staff !! Natalie

samj127
11/9/17

They often have a great selection of items and I like that you can give your dog treats to taste. I do think it can sometimes be a little expensive, but the people who work there are usually very sweet.

nataliev18
10/2/17

liubovp
9/17/17

I placed an order in Petco for 3 positions, one of them was prescription food. I received my order after 3 working days but without prescription food. Inside the package was information that second part will be delivered later.
To the next day, I contacted customer service and they wrote me that part of my order was delayed because they couldn't contact a clinic.
Nobody has contacted me although I left my phone and email! I sent the prescription to Petco email and operator in customer service wrote me that order will be shipped during 24hours. When delivery date appeared in my account I stayed at home whole day, but I didn't receive my order. When I checked information in my account status of delivery was "Attempt - Lock Out / No Access" and date of delivery was changed on tomorrow.
I want to notice that I had other deliveries that day and have not any problems with them. I was at home the next day all day but I have not received my order again. Status of my order was changed on "Delivered to Sender".
I have waited two days and I have received nothing! My order was not delivered after 6 working days! I canceled my repeated delivery and placed it in another shop. I will recommend this shop nobody!

jennyj57
8/25/17

I love Petco. You can find things online that are way cheaper sometimes...I usually like to buy in person but if it's an Item I am familiar with and it's cheaper online I get it... they are always having sales... definitely recommend checking out website first.

vaylat
8/3/17

Great deals and products for you furry family members, when I don't want to shop online the stores are never crowded and always workers around to help you find what you need. And remember your babies are welcomed

chandraprabhak
7/11/17

We were pleased to take our dog Penny for dog training in Petco. Penny is disciplined and well behaved because of the training and also she enjoys going there for shopping for all her needs since her puppy days.Great stores for pet needs.

melvinm48
7/11/17

Some time buy dog food at Petco. One time have a problem with delivery but we settle it with support in fed minutes. I can't tell that I change my local pet shop for Petco, but sometime I'll order from them for sure!

huldad
6/17/17

I love to shop a Petco , they are so nice and really fast shipment, and I have made many orders from them, and I'm always happy with them <3

deborahw3
6/13/17

We pass by Petco Unleashed a few times a week and I have to stop in with my furbabies at least once a week to pickup treats, grooming supplies, toys and to checkout the latest fashions. My furbabies loves to go shopping. We love the customer service.They are knowledgeable and friendly. They are definitely animal lovers. A couple of towns over there's a really big Petco where there's a grooming salon. I have 2 bichon frise and they do a fantastic job on their afros, nails and teeth. We are very happy with the service. The furbabies are excited to shop for TREATS.

patb105
5/31/17

Took my dog to petco. Had an appointment with "the most experienced groomer, 20 years experience". Discussed my prior experience at a different petco, told her that the dog was shaved , not trimmed , and that I wanted dog bathed, and his "feathering" trimmed and shaped. Came back to find my dog completely shaved. No feathers, , very uneven , clearly , no scissor was used, just a shaver every where. Lost all of his personal look. Terrible job. Did not listen at all. Her response to my dissapointment, "but I did just what the last groomer did"

kimberlys79
5/5/17

I have 25 animals I care for. 4 are dogs and 8 are cats (5 strays). I've priced getting in the car, going to a store, buying the supplies I need, driving back, etc. In time and money, Petco is actually less costly and light-years more convenient. It all comes right to the door - automatically - just when I need it! I haven't seen the inside of a pet store in years! Check it out!

93 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I ordered items on May 5 and they are due for delivery today, May 8. Of course, I had to call CS (in the Philippines) because the tracking showed that my delivery was being made in another section of the state. I was transferred to the carrier, and the mistake was "caught." At last check, the order was about 75 miles away.

By Jude S.
Questions? Get answers from the Petco staff and other customers.

15 Photos for Petco