SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes has a consumer rating of 1.07 stars from 286 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about SkipTheDishes most frequently mention customer service, credit card and phone number problems. SkipTheDishes ranks 133rd among Food Delivery sites.

No positive highlights yet

• I contacted the customer service asking what was the problem.
  • The "chat" option was grayed out, and there isn't phone number to call.
How would you rate SkipTheDishes?

“Will never order again”

Tayler L.
2/18/20

Will never order from them again, ordered and paid for food I never got and they won't give me my money back wasted my whole lunch, this company is a joke

“Can't follow directions”

Elizabeth P.
3/1/21

Depending on the person delivering my order, they either get my address right on the first try, or they get it horribly wrong! I wrote clear delivery instructions to make finding my apartment fool-proof, since there are two identical buildings side by side, but some of these delivery people obviously don't read it as it's becoming a regular thing now for me to hunt them down. I think I'll order pick up from now on. It's not worth the hassle.

customer service (54) phone number (0)
nickp347
September 30th, 2020

Ordered medication and a snack for my daughter as I'm sick in a global pandemic. Order says delivered. Go to door step. No one there. No snack. No meds. Contact the help line. All they can say is sorry that happened. Here's your money back that you paid us. But wait 5 days before you get it back. Thanks. Have a nice day.

What a bunch of morons. Delivery service usually deliver do they not? Would love to give less than one star to these thieves

gangsterg
December 17th, 2020

You guys have been steeling people's food a lot matter fact it's been going on for awhile I caught you steeling and you blocked me for ordering refunded my money in skip credits then ghost me lol it's okay I'll make sure this company falls I'll make sure people know that you scam them you lie. An your unprofessional. I ain't someone you mess with. An I got screen shots of everything your employees has said n done to me..

rickw395
February 20th, 2020

As a restaurant owner I can honestly say this is by far the absolute worst company I have ever had to deal with. As I write this I'm on hold now for over 40 minutes. The absolute worst customer service ever. I'm dumping them and going with door dash as they actually care about the restaurant owner as well as the customers. Skip can skip on off. I've been on hold now for an emergency and still not answering. This is just ridiculous

marior161
September 2nd, 2020

Please order straight from the restaurants. This people are a joke. Missing items all the time, just dropping food at your front door with sauce coming out from containers. The last delivery I got the delivery guy just made a mess at my front door and when I called to complain they offer a 5 dollars credit. Best part it's the customer service people names. Between Queen or king You chose. Never ordering from them again. THIS APP SUCKS. I still waiting for a phone call from the manager who supposed to call me last week.

kelleyu6
August 28th, 2020

First and last time using this service. Received completely wrong order and could not get 3 different "customer service" reps to understand what my problem was. Was promised a refund, but what I wanted was my food (and reading other reviews I'm not over optimistic about that refund ever coming).
Terrible company.

jackiet20
December 1st, 2020

After years of loyalty I'm done with skip. I waited outside my building and no driver ever showed up. I was chatting in real time with an agent and verified my address and phone number, but the courier never showed up or called, then changed their status to "food delivered". I left a bad review and the courier called me and YELLED at me, saying they did their job and I messed up. Keeping an eye out for my refund, sounds like they're bad at following through on those too.

arthurw138
September 4th, 2020

Ordered food at 8:11am, told 29-39 minutes and then immediately changed to 47 minutes after 10 minutes - tried to cancel with on line chat - took 7 minutes with no real response other than please wait. Left to get food - found out delivery was at 9:05am. What a joke. If you have all day and don't want your food to get here for awhile - please order through Skip the Dishes. Order #198033215

veronicac160
March 28th, 2020

They have no quality control. They forget things in your order all the time and only offer skip credit refunds. They told me i cant order from my account any more because ive complained to much when they cant seem to get a single one of my orders right. They also took a payment without sending me my order or any confirmation and basically told me im banned. Uber eats has way better quality control of their employees and buisiness' they work with. Im done wasting my time

kristib101
May 4th, 2020

Skip the Dishes have either stolen money from my account or they have serious security issues. Either way they won't deal with it and just say "contact your bank." I see online now that it has happened to other people. I haven't used them in over a year because the service is NOT good. A different person every time. They never know how to find the house although the instructions are clear. Late and cold food.

mn310
October 28th, 2020

I recently got banned. I have no clue why. I was such a loyal customer ordering food All the time especially with covid and then they Ban me. I messaged customer service twice and even emailed them and they both said the same thing " unusual suspicious activity " When I asked for more information they refused. So... Tell me why. Horrible. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone Else. They were my favourite and now I hate them.

aliciah249
March 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

I've had so many awful experiences with skip the dishes. They point blame of their actions to the restaurants and are ignorant to their customers. Worst food delivery company out there

teresas700
August 11th, 2020

I tried to calmly fix my order that I was willing to be patient about but not only did they mess up more than half my order they took three hours of my online time since you can't call them and three of the customer service reps "left" the online conversation so I had to start again! Honestly so much easier to go pick up your food! Their fees have increased dramatically so you're basically paying $20 an order BE CAREFUL!

lynm38
February 4th, 2020

Ordered $150 of food for my kids birthday - GPS said it was on its way,. It never came, we didn't get a call, when we called them they said it's up to them and they aren't going to re-attempt to deliver and hung up on us - we called back - they hung up - I emailed - no response - I tried to chat - they dropped the chat... not sure how this is good business, but they do not care. It seems like it should be illegal what they've done, so much for loyalty and customer service. Horrible

ricardos183
February 12th, 2021

I recently placed an order on skip the dishes, the order was never delivered, I used the apps "missing items" function but never got any feedback. When I contacted skip the dishes support (a guy called Gurinder K) they told me I didn't report the event on time and therefore there was nothing they could do. However, I reported it the same night it happened. They stole my $60. Don't ever order anything on this app!

leew548
January 25th, 2021

I order lots of food from delivery services and few times I had a terrible orders with different problems. In skip, I got two times rotten, spoiled products and they initiated only 50% of refund when it supposed to me whole refund because I just threw away this garbage. You should never use it.

sarahb1528
December 24th, 2020

Please don't use skip the dishes. They drivers and the customer service team where you're able to chat with on the app are the most incompetent disrespectful individuals I've ever come across in my entire being. I rather starve than use skip the dishes because they have no regard for their clients needs and only care about taking your money. They're incapable of following very basic instructions that Uber eats goes above and beyond to follow. There's a reason everyone loves Uber eats because they provide world class service.

ellyt10
April 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

Order $97 worth of breakfast from Denny's using Skip the dishes and courier said food delivered when it wasn't delivered. Called customer service line 3 times and they refused to do anything about it. I have a door camera and a yard one too that clearly shows, items were not delivered and they still refused to do anything about it. They are thieves.

veram120
December 12th, 2020

I ordered at 11:30pm and they ended up changing my delivery driver twice. After that, the food finally got delivered at almost 1am. I looked out my door and there was nothing there. I got a call barely 2 mins later asking if I had received my food and if I wanted a refund. What the heck! Who does that? Mind you, they had messed up my sleep routine and apart from that where the heck was I suppose to find food at almost 1am. Don't order from skip the dishes! They're so unreliable. Terrible dumb people!

amandaf278
February 15th, 2020

Absolute garbage! Won't give my money back. Driver never tried to contact me ever and customer support doesn't give a crap. DO NOT USE THEM! They are theives and will steal your money when you aren't at fault! They have lazy drivers!

sandrar644
June 5th, 2020

Have contacted skip the dishes several times about a credit from April that was promised to me, when there were items missing from my order. This is my first and last time using the app Despite a guarantee that I would receive a credit, 2 months later, it has yet to be issued. Online Customer support is difficult to deal with and "disappears" when you are trying to resolve an issue. I have sent several emails to customer service and they have ignored me each time.

benjaminw265
September 26th, 2020

Update: After unsuccessfully dealing with this issue through their app and phone line, the e-mail support system was actually able to help. To their credit, STD refunded my entire order in the form of a Skip credit at first, with choice to have the order refunded to my credit card instead. This was a much more pleasant experience than the other mediums; that said, I wish this level of service was provided from the beginning.

Original Review:

Ordered $70 worth of food for my family for dinner yesterday at 5:45PM. At 6:30, I got a notification that the food was delivered. I didn't hear any doorbell but checked anyway, and of course, there was no food there. I checked my neighbours' porches and my security feed (which starts recording on motion), and nothing.

Hopped onto their support app, and in 25 minutes, all I got from the representative was the same question twice, after I provided the information the first time. I pressed for an update, and was disconnected/blocked. My WiFi and data were working fine, and it's now 12 hours later and I still can't get on, so I can only conclude that STD will simply block customers bringing difficult requests to their attention. Their joke of a chat service is attached with my review for all to peruse. I'm sure you're all dying to know how it ended, and I'm sorry to say, what you see is what you get. I was locked out after this exact sequence of dialogue.

I tried by phone and finally got a hold of a representative. After a few minutes of back and forth, she finally said she'd process a refund, but would have to call back later to confirm. When pressed for when, she said "today". It's now 12 hours later into the next day, and nothing. So it would once again appear that STD jumps ship at the first sign of a difficult request.

So they've taken $70 from me, and all I have to show for it is an evening of frustration, hunger, and a strong desire to move to UberEats for good and never give business to this sham of a company ever again. Avoid at all costs - tell your friends, tell your families, tell your coworkers, tell the owners and managers of your favourite restaurants. This company is not to be trusted. Restaurants working with them will inevitably face negative customer feedback as direct result of STD's incompetence and inaction - hungry, angry customers are quick to blame whoever they can. If you want to save your restaurant's image, don't work with STD.

Go with UberEats instead - the few times they've mishandled my order, they were quick to rectify the issue.

dinot2
April 5th, 2020

I Will never order from SkipTheDishes again, I have credits on my account which was from my credit that they didn't return it back to the card but they left a credit on my account and next day I wasn't able to use that credit which was $30.49. They locked the account and said I can't use that account anymore, they won't give me my money, so please don't waste your money or time on this app or on there website...

larysap2
April 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

Having previous experience of receiving food without cutlery, I contacted the Skip the dishes support team while waiting for my food asking them to make sure I get the cutlery this time around;
The support associate asked me what the cutlery was and whether it was a "food item ";
When I explained what it was, the associate waived me off saying that me order has already been picked up and disconnected the chat!
As a result, I spent $40.00 and received my food and no cutlery to eat it with two times in a row!
I wonder, how someone can work for the food delivering company not knowing what the cutlery is!
Worst customer service ever

elizabethp912
March 1st, 2021

alicem448
December 11th, 2020

Delivery drivers don't follow instructions, will steal food, drop it off at completely incorrect locations. Customer service is a joke, you cant even call them it's all over text. Don't use this, when things get screwed up by their useless employees you'll only be met with more useless employees

Not at all easy. And they are disrespectful, rude and downright terrible at providing service. The worst company I have ever dealt with.

By Darla J.