SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes has a consumer rating of 1.1 stars from 123 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SkipTheDishes also ranks 104th among Food Delivery sites. The most common issues with SkipTheDishes are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 0.9%

No positive highlights yet

• It seems like it should be illegal what they've done, so much for loyalty and customer service ..
  • They cancelled my own order and they said that they couldn't find me in my phone number.
How would you rate SkipTheDishes?

“Will never order again”

Tayler L.
2/18/20

Will never order from them again, ordered and paid for food I never got and they won't give me my money back wasted my whole lunch, this company is a joke

“Horrible company”

Rick W.
2/20/20

As a restaurant owner I can honestly say this is by far the absolute worst company I have ever had to deal with. As I write this I'm on hold now for over 40 minutes. The absolute worst customer service ever. I'm dumping them and going with door dash as they actually care about the restaurant owner as well as the customers. Skip can skip on off. I've been on hold now for an emergency and still not answering. This is just ridiculous

customer service (44) order (97) credit card (14) driver (52) food (58) time (55) 2 hours (6) restaurant (34) address (12) refund (60) chat support (4) front door (3)
rickw395
February 20th, 2020
veronicac160
March 28th, 2020
They have no quality control. They forget things in your order all the time and only offer skip credit refunds . They told me i cant order from my account any more because ive complained to much when they cant seem to get a single one of my orders right . They also took a payment without sending me my order or any confirmation and basically told me im banned . uber eats has way better quality control of their employees and buisiness' they work with. Im done wasting my time
kristib101
May 4th, 2020
Skip the Dishes have either stolen money from my account or they have serious security issues. Either way they won't deal with it and just say "contact your bank." I see online now that it has happened to other people. I haven't used them in over a year because the service is NOT good. A different person every time. They never know how to find the house although the instructions are clear. Late and cold food.
lynm38
February 4th, 2020
Ordered $150 of food for my kids birthday - GPS said it was on its way,. it never came, we didn't get a call, when we called them they said it's up to them and they aren't going to re-attempt to deliver and hung up on us - we called back - they hung up - I emailed - no response - I tried to chat - they dropped the chat... not sure how this is good business, but they do not care. It seems like it should be illegal what they've done, so much for loyalty and customer service .. horrible
amandaf278
February 15th, 2020
absolute garbage! won't give my money back. driver never tried to contact me ever and customer support doesn't give a crap. DO NOT USE THEM! they are theives and will steal your money when you aren't at fault! they have lazy drivers!
sandrar644
June 5th, 2020
have contacted skip the dishes several times about a credit from April that was promised to me, when there were items missing from my order. This is my first and last time using the app Despite a guarantee that I would receive a credit, 2 months later, it has yet to be issued. Online Customer support is difficult to deal with and "disappears" when you are trying to resolve an issue. I have sent several emails to customer service and they have ignored me each time.
dinot2
April 5th, 2020
I Will never order from SkipTheDishes again, I have credits on my account which was from my credit that they didn't return it back to the card but they left a credit on my account and next day I wasn't able to use that credit which was $30.49. they locked the account and said I can't use that account anymore, they won't give me my money, so please don't waste your money or time on this app or on there website...
neetsk
May 29th, 2020
Please check the address before ringing the doorbell, really, 2am I was not happy ,what more do you want to know????????
spencerd47
June 6th, 2020
Delivery person trespasses, not wearing mask, brushes right past me to short cut for a delivery next door. Then does it again on the way back! Foolish and Disrespectful!
debp93
May 7th, 2020
I have used this service a number of times for food. Stupid me. Used it for liquor delivery. I had just renewed my license so no photo id BUT I am 64! The delivery driver said no photo id no delivery. I was on phone with local liquor store when he showed up returning the bottle. Tried 3 difference Help Chats. Same thing everytime. Looking into it. 5 minutes later we can't get a hold of anyone at store to confirm it was returned. Really. Its owned by a family and someone there all the time. So i didn't get my money back. Deleted the app.
nicolec837
January 12th, 2020
Please do NOT consider using skip the dishes as they will not refund you for items you do not receive. The online chat just says you need to email and after you email you get a generic response saying there is nothing they can do. Please try other deliver apps like Uber eats as they seem to have no issues dealing with issues.
Awful service skip the dishes.
michellel601
February 13th, 2020
Absolute garbage! Scammers! I placed an order then decided to go do laundry. My phone was in the other room. When I decided to check my phone to see what was taking so long I see 2 missed calls. When I tried to call back it said something about my time contacting the driver is up AND my order is cancelled. Why? There was no knock on my door NO attempt was made to deliver my food. So I was on the chat support system and they said because I didn't pick up my phone I can't get a refund?? THAT IS STEALING!
rickj143
February 7th, 2020
Ordered breakfast and the driver "couldn't find" broadview ave which in itself makes zero sense. I contacted skip the dishes cause the driver was doing circles and then he left. I was told no refund and the order was canceled. When they canceled the restaurant (Johnny Gs on parliament which was awesome handling this!) Didn't recieve my payment either because the order was canceled. I have all the screen shots to prove all of this and it's just disgusting! This company is a scam stay away!
johnc4566
April 29th, 2020
Bought some GCs for work colleagues, only to find out that the emails they send out don't work i.e. can't click through. After spending 40min with customer service, they told me to call back after their tech support takes a look as its a "known issue". Guess my money is gone.

Guess what I had 20 other gift cards to send out, guess they won't be going to Skip.
kims1071
May 12th, 2020
This company outright lies to its customers. ordered at 4:30 on 12 May, 2020. 2 hours later still had not received the food. Contacted customer service and was told that the restaurant was behind and I could either wait for the food to be delivered at which point they would review and potentially issue skip credits or I could cancel the order and get a full refund. Another hour passed and fed up I called the restaurant directly only to be told that my order had been waiting since 4:45!!!! contacted customer service again only to get the same response (scripted copy and paste answers apparently because it was word for word identical). Told them t cancel and refund fully, including driver tip! The level of incompetence is ridiculous. Order #162784018. People should definitely not use this company for food delivery...absolutely terrible service
patrickt225
April 28th, 2020
After waiting an hour, my order got cancelled and never reimburse. Customer Service never answered me. Really bad experience.
omarh71
May 26th, 2020
A driver with very very loud music in his car, couldn't hear a word from what he was saying, left the food on top of the AC compressor, knocked very hard on the door Which turned the door security alarm on, checking the order, found missing items which was very inconvenient as we were fasting and this was supposed to be our break-fast, contacted the customer service which was also really really rude, never again with skipthedishes
preciousi2
May 30th, 2020
They made me waste money. I tried to contact them and I couldn't reach their customer service. It was all in all disgusting service. They claim they delivered my food but I never got anything. I am definitely deleting this app. Such a waste of my time
janec646
April 18th, 2020
I had a recent fraud issue with skip the dishes. Someone hacked my account and used my account to order food in a different province than me. Skip the dishes doesn't believe that it was fraud and that I'm lying. They won't help at all. Even my bank won't do anything. Don't leave your credit card on your account.
lorettaw70
May 13th, 2020
I use this all the time to order from Subway. There used to be a section where I could leave instructions for my order. Now, they've taken out this feature, so any changes I need have to be phoned in directly to the restaurant. Having worked in restaurants for years, I can tell you that the last thing cooks need to be doing (or have time for), is answering the phone through busy times. I don't understand why this feature was removed but it's a pain in the arse.
neem
June 9th, 2020
Ordered food and paid for it. A white car parked in the driveway with loud music. By the time i opened the garage door it had disappeared. No one rang the bell, no food left outside. He just got to the address to show on his gps but never delivered the food. Contacted them to see what's going on, the answer was « sorry there is nothing we could do. We'll follow up with the driver » never heard from them. I didn't want a refund, i simply wanted my food.
No refund no food. i'm calling visa tomorrow.
Do yourself a favor DO NOT use them or if u must, make sure u pay after delivery, even in this pandemic situation.
The driver's name: Maninder
Order # 171807372
tracym464
February 23rd, 2020
Same thing as everyone else is saying. It doesn't rate to even get a "worse" star - robbery and illegal as far as I am concerned. I feel that if everyone stays away from them, hopefully they will go out of business. A good friend of mine works for one of the restaurants and they are cutting them off as it looks bad of their part as well.....
stephn12
March 28th, 2020
They hire morons. So many times my orders either dont come, or there are missing items or wrong items, my husband has the same issues, so do some of our friends, none of us will ever use skip ever again. Customer service is beyond stupid too.
ludiz
March 20th, 2020
Terrible service!!!
They cancelled my own order and they said that they couldn't find me in my phone number. I was with my cellphone with me all the time and also waiting the food in my building's lobby and nobody came.
I called to customer service and waited for more than 30 min to talk. It was not my fault and they said that I will not be refunded. Just the worst service company I have had.
rafalz5
April 10th, 2020
Terrible experience. The driver never showed up at my door, when I contacted them I was told the food was already delivered to the address. When I said it wasn't I was treated like a liar. I was told the driver confirmed he delivered the food and there's nothing else that can be done. And that's how I lost $28.26 ordering from skipthegoddamndishes. And that's not the first time I had a problem with them. But it is the last. Never ordering from them again.

It is definitely a scam company . Do not use it. Totally not worth it. Like at all. not even a little bit.

By Darla J.