SkipTheDishes

SkipTheDishes has a consumer rating of 1.07 stars from 73 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SkipTheDishes also ranks 100th among Food Delivery sites. The most common issues with SkipTheDishes are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• It seems like it should be illegal what they've done, so much for loyalty and customer service ..
  • They cancelled my own order and they said that they couldn't find me in my phone number.
How would you rate SkipTheDishes?

“Will never order again”

Tayler L.
2/18/20

Will never order from them again, ordered and paid for food I never got and they won't give me my money back wasted my whole lunch, this company is a joke

“Horrible company”

Rick W.
2/20/20

As a restaurant owner I can honestly say this is by far the absolute worst company I have ever had to deal with. As I write this I'm on hold now for over 40 minutes. The absolute worst customer service ever. I'm dumping them and going with door dash as they actually care about the restaurant owner as well as the customers. Skip can skip on off. I've been on hold now for an emergency and still not answering. This is just ridiculous

customer service (32) order (60) driver (32) credit card (8) food (37) time (33) restaurant (22) address (7) phone (17) company (24)
rickw395
February 20th, 2020
veronicac160
March 28th, 2020
They have no quality control. They forget things in your order all the time and only offer skip credit refunds . They told me i cant order from my account any more because ive complained to much when they cant seem to get a single one of my orders right . They also took a payment without sending me my order or any confirmation and basically told me im banned . uber eats has way better quality control of their employees and buisiness' they work with. Im done wasting my time
lynm38
February 4th, 2020
Ordered $150 of food for my kids birthday - GPS said it was on its way,. it never came, we didn't get a call, when we called them they said it's up to them and they aren't going to re-attempt to deliver and hung up on us - we called back - they hung up - I emailed - no response - I tried to chat - they dropped the chat... not sure how this is good business, but they do not care. It seems like it should be illegal what they've done, so much for loyalty and customer service .. horrible
amandaf278
February 15th, 2020
absolute garbage! won't give my money back. driver never tried to contact me ever and customer support doesn't give a crap. DO NOT USE THEM! they are theives and will steal your money when you aren't at fault! they have lazy drivers!
michellel601
February 13th, 2020
Absolute garbage! Scammers! I placed an order then decided to go do laundry. My phone was in the other room. When I decided to check my phone to see what was taking so long I see 2 missed calls. When I tried to call back it said something about my time contacting the driver is up AND my order is cancelled. Why? There was no knock on my door NO attempt was made to deliver my food. So I was on the chat support system and they said because I didn't pick up my phone I can't get a refund?? THAT IS STEALING!
nicolec837
January 12th, 2020
Please do NOT consider using skip the dishes as they will not refund you for items you do not receive. The online chat just says you need to email and after you email you get a generic response saying there is nothing they can do. Please try other deliver apps like Uber eats as they seem to have no issues dealing with issues.
Awful service skip the dishes.
rickj143
February 7th, 2020
Ordered breakfast and the driver "couldn't find" broadview ave which in itself makes zero sense. I contacted skip the dishes cause the driver was doing circles and then he left. I was told no refund and the order was canceled. When they canceled the restaurant (Johnny Gs on parliament which was awesome handling this!) Didn't recieve my payment either because the order was canceled. I have all the screen shots to prove all of this and it's just disgusting! This company is a scam stay away!
stephn12
March 28th, 2020
They hire morons. So many times my orders either dont come, or there are missing items or wrong items, my husband has the same issues, so do some of our friends, none of us will ever use skip ever again. Customer service is beyond stupid too.
tracym464
February 23rd, 2020
Same thing as everyone else is saying. It doesn't rate to even get a "worse" star - robbery and illegal as far as I am concerned. I feel that if everyone stays away from them, hopefully they will go out of business. A good friend of mine works for one of the restaurants and they are cutting them off as it looks bad of their part as well.....
ludiz
March 20th, 2020
Terrible service!!!
They cancelled my own order and they said that they couldn't find me in my phone number. I was with my cellphone with me all the time and also waiting the food in my building's lobby and nobody came.
I called to customer service and waited for more than 30 min to talk. It was not my fault and they said that I will not be refunded. Just the worst service company I have had.
skipv4
March 16th, 2020
If you have been victim not being refunded for something you never received from Skip. Leave a like and comment. I want to start a petition n take legal actions against this fraud.
fariyaa
February 23rd, 2020
The Driver never came to the door. I missed one phone call and never received my food order.

Customer service said because we could not get a hold of you based on one missed call we will not refund or re-deliver or send the food back to restaurant for pick up.

Completely horrible service.
kima431
February 28th, 2020
Driver stole my food, terrible customer support. No refund, offered credit but took two hours with customer service to get there and don't want to use the app again so credit is pointless
leahs164
March 21st, 2020
Worst service. Tried it once and will never use this service again. Food was never delivered, but not returned to the restaurant either.
mathiasd17
March 9th, 2020
Ordered skipthedishes pre order for my lunch break as i only have so much time.
Left a msg for driver what entrance to use.
Driver arrives at wrong entrance. I can see him on camera. He doesnt call. Doesnt check other entrance. Just sits there. Then drives off with my food.
I contact helpdesk to call the driver and get him back here with my food.

Helpdesk "looks into it" for 20 minutes. No driver. No food. No more time on my break and their helpful answer was simply we dont know what happened.

Well gee thanks maybe instead of taking 20mins to figure out your incompetent you could have spent 20 mins sending a new order of my food. Skip has zero customer service and drivers know they can take food without any issues.
rickt173
January 15th, 2020
Ordered game day pizza. Pizza 1 arrived and looked like the driver or resturant played football with it. Got a credit and placed the same order again and told they would make sure it came in perfect condition and speak with the driver. Pizza 2 arrived another 40 mins later and looked like the driver did a brake stand on it. The driver sat in my kitchen trying to speak to his supervisor and got placed on hold with a hold time of 10 mins.
Very Poor customer service and now i see they treat the employees the same way to resolve any issue. Same robotic chat responses over and over. Company waiting to eat, ordered at 6pm and finally on the 3rd try a pizza arrived that looked edible at 8:30
Deleted the app
terryw338
March 11th, 2020
Ordered food, but the courier never arrived and they cancelled my order without a refund. Online customer "service" person completely unhelpful and took courier's word over mine. Bunch of crooks. Will never use them again.
kristynd5
January 4th, 2020
Ordered 70$ of Chinese food that ended up giving me liquid diarrhea so I requested a refund and now they won't accept any orders from my account worst place ever I would look elsewhere to do online ordering like doordash
jimr471
February 23rd, 2020
The Edmonton Skip the Dishes "support team" includes "Jaspreet S".
I have never dealt with such a non-helpful, difficult individual in the service or food industry.
jamesp1858
March 16th, 2020
Twice I've been ripped of by this company. Once I was double charged for an order. Yesterday we paid for an order & because we didn't respond to a text the driver let the address & cancelled order. Customer service just gave a canned answer that they wouldn't offer refund or credit. Driver didn't call, knock on door, or even leave paid for order...
gordonp58
November 26th, 2019
Absolutely terrible company. They treat their drivers like garbage, and can't hold onto staff. There is no way to communicate with them when they fail every single time. They blame the restaurants for delays, when in fact they don't have sufficient staff to deliver your order in a timely manner. I officially refuse to ever use this service again.
joela106
March 29th, 2020
In the order form for 'delivery instructions' we specified to please ring the bell and leave food at the front door. The food was left at the door, but the driver did not ring the bell. The food was totally cold when we discovered it at the door. We complained by "chat" with Skip the Dishes - informing them that the instructions clearly stated to ring the bell. Their response was that they are not obligated to ring the bell... only to have the food delivered between the range of time indicated at the time the order was placed. Totally unprofessional, and do not stand behind their service mistakes.
kortneew
December 18th, 2019
Skip the dishes is a VERY dishonest organization that knows nothing about customer service! I ordered a meal and received the wrong order, due to this they refunded my total amount of $37.44, BUT THEN they charged my visa $18.60. I've explained to them multiple times that I've confirmed the charge with my bank and that they in fact did charge me $18.60 and they continue to say that they didn't. I've showed them credit card statements and all and they continue to deny it. I spoke with one of their customer service representatives "Kai" who told me I'm embarrassing myself by telling him/her that they did charge my credit card and my financial institution confirmed the charge, because they "didn't charge me anything" and then blocked me from being able to communicate with them. I've emailed the head office/ support management of this organization and have received no reply days later. Save your time and order from either door dash or Uber eats because I've never heard of a company stealing from the people that support them and then denying it. Do yourself a favour and delete your account and make sure you take all your credit card information with you as who knows how much money they'll want to steal from someone next.
brodiec10
February 11th, 2020
Skip the dishes is an absolute joke of a company. I have had so many issues with them. Recently their driver did not deliver an order of $60 to me and they charged me for it anyways. When I messaged them asking what was going on they told me they couldn't refund me or give me a credit even though I DIDN'T EVEN RECEIVE MY FOOD. I spoke with two different agents and even emailed them. They all have the exact same answer. I can't comprehend how a company can expect you to pay for food you never received due to the incompetence of their own drivers. I've been a loyal customer who uses them regularly despite common mistakes but this was the final straw. I literally hate this company and will never use them again.
toddg157
February 22nd, 2020
This review is actually 0 stars, do not ever use this company, they are thieves. I placed an order that I never received, and they refused to refund me anything. They first told me that the courier said he came to our house and couldn't get a hold of us, then they told me that the courier said the food was delivered. I was by my front door the whole time and the courier never arrived. I even told them to have the courier come back to my house to confront me and they refused to do anything. This company is completely dishonest, corrupt and unethical, do not ever use, I won't ever again.

It is definitely a scam company . Do not use it. Totally not worth it. Like at all. not even a little bit.

By Darla J.