This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Shilla

Shilla has a consumer rating of 2.19 stars from 350 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Shilla most frequently mention full refund, prom dress and trading standards problems. Shilla ranks 114th among Dresses Other sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Received no dress I will be ringing trading standards.
  • It is a complete scam, I bought and paid £100 for a Prom dress for my daughter, it is way too big!
How would you rate Shilla?

“Absolutely beautiful dress.”

Mary P.
6/28/17

It was exactly as described. Thought we had bought it from the UK but turned out it from China. This was not a problem at all. The dress stood out from some that had paid four times more. Reading other reviews thought we had been lucky but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. If somebody was expecting a £1000 pound dress for £150 then that's their fault. Would recommend Shilla to anybody.

“Absolutely discusting service”

Pauline w.
10/2/17

Please do not buy from this web site there a scam I bought my wedding dress from here when I received it it didn't fit at all was way too small even tho I gave them the right sizes, there was no returns address they just kept offering me 8% if my money back they won't let you send it back offered to make another one but wanted me to pay again so please they are a scam donor order from them the should be shut down

trading standards (21) prom dress (0) return address (15) customer service (31)
paulinew14
October 2nd, 2017
cherieg3
July 18th, 2017
I am are just another customer who has been scammed by this company. The gown was too small and when my daughter e-mailed for a returns label they wanted to see photographic evidence! Nowhere in their returns policy was that stated nor a data protection policy provided stating any photo sent would be destroyed! The Shillas company is very unscrupulous who knows what they would do with the photo!. They are in the business of ripping women off PLEASE DO NOT BUY from these people. They need to be shut down! DISGUSTING.
lorraineh12
March 22nd, 2016
NEVER EVER use this site! My daughters prom dress was absolutely awful! Wrong size, material, style. Material was shabby. Stitched in wrong colour thread. Poorly cut! Tried to contact them... no answer several attempts. I have contacted trading standards. Just to let everyone know who can't get money back from these fraudsters. They are under investigation! Contact the fraud team for your own bank. We did and they refunded our money within 20 minutes.
gabrielleg9
July 18th, 2017
Absolutely disgusted with the effortless customer service and the lack of communication. I ordered a dress for my Summer Ball event that was too small a fit, requested a refund and a returns label profusely, only for a woman called Linda to illegally request indecent photos of me attempting to try on a dress that does not fit. Nowhere does it say on their Exchange and Returns policies that this is the case, therefore I had threatened to take legal action and they responded with one sentence; asking for photographs. Vile "company", more like thieves.
laurenr57
May 17th, 2017
I have ordered one bridesmaid dress off this site. It has arrived the completely wrong colour and nothing like the picture.

"Linda" is refusing to provide me with a refund until I provide pictures of me in the dress. She has offered me 10% off another dress. I will never ever order or recommend anyone to purchase off this site again. Thankfully I ordered one dress and not all 8 for my bridesmaid. They are in breach of their own "exchange & returns" policy. This company shouldn't be allowed to trade. Its a disgrace.
mr653
June 15th, 2016
Bought 3 bridesmaids dresses, paid £89 per dress, delivered 3 weeks later and absolutely terrible! Horrible fabric and made so badly it could not even be zipped up! They say you can return on the website, but it's all a lie, they offered me £7 refund! Emails back and forth and they are based in China not the UK as stated in the site. Total waste off money, save yourself the stress and upset and AVOID this site at all costs!
maryp203
June 28th, 2017
lauram251
April 27th, 2017
Got a dress with stain and faulty front. They offered me to go to local taylor and fix it. Then i wrote them fixing cost 50, dry clean 25. Didnt get answer for 5 days and sent email again. They told me that they can cover ~12 euros. Thats terrible. I do not recommend you this website at all. I need a new dress and spent for terrible dress a lot of money. Would love to add a picture here. Girls, be carefull! One month until wedding and i have no dress.
marias260
June 15th, 2017
Horrible - you pay a huge amount of money for very cheap fabric, the dress is worth £10 and you pay over £100 - they don't even want your dress back even though you ordered a size and not a tailored one and they leave you with the dress (in the bin already) and offer 8% refund of the total price.

I will work on having this website reported for their dodge way of getting people's money, because as you can see everyone has the same experience. Do something people!
janetd50
February 7th, 2017
Took a risk and bought a dress from Shillas. What arrived was laughable! It was meant to have lovely beading and a horrible old flower pattern was sewn on instead. Have since done more research to find out the picture they advertised was a designer brand! It should not be allowed!

Ofcourse they are being uncooperative and stalling giving me a refund for an item i do not want, need or is anything like what was described.

Please beware and save your money and time
deanh41
June 5th, 2016
Firstly they have nothing to do with the U. K. Despite what it says. This means no trading standards can help you when you make a complaint. You may receive your item but you WILL want to send it back to which they will only answer you if persistent and again only give you a £9 discount on next purchase. They don't speak good English as from Singapore if manage to get hold of them. So again please be warned as you will never get your money back!
marikat2
August 22nd, 2017
Warning! Do not order from this sight!
I ordered a dress for my sons wedding. To begin with it arrived squashed in a plastic bag no tissue or decent packaging. That was a warning sign. The fabric and materials used to make the dress were very poor quality and the finish was very very poor.
The dress cost £135 and they are only offering 8percent as a refund and they say I can keep the dress. This is a scam firm don't be taken in like me.
Avoid at all costs.
sevgim
July 29th, 2017
I was in two minds when I saw the dress I had been looking for in the shops on the website, I took a risk, but it was worth every penny. Excellent service, and the quality of the lace fabric and tailoring was no less than a dress from House of Fraser or similar standard. I only wish I could upload a photo. I will be ordering again. I got so many compliments on the dress st the wedding, I felt great.
mandyb29
July 1st, 2017
Ordered size 16 for my UK size 12 daughter so we could have it altered. 10 days late even though we paid express delivery. Way too small needed to have ordered a size 20. Sent them photos to confirm. Now offered me an insulting 8% of purchase price as refund! Complete was of money and upsetting for a 16 year old.
michelleh193
January 18th, 2017
Under no circumstances should anyone order from this conpany & its debatable as to whether they are. No refund received even though item cancelled in reasonable time. Numerous emails sent to which replies received but to date no refund sent. Biggest con & rip off ever... be warned stay clear of Shillas dresses. You will regret it
laurad106
July 6th, 2016
I ordered a dress. Received an email that they could not make the dress I wanted. My reply was: Cancel the order and refund me.
Reading the reviews above, they all got something, but I have nothing. Not even my money back! Can they sleep at night?! Crooks and Thieves!
I will contact my bank and see what they can do about it. Companies like this should be more investigated by Governments. My advise: Don't buy anything from them! Never!
carolineg39
June 20th, 2017
They won't answer my emails. Received no dress I will be ringing trading standards. I have lost a lot of money that I saved up for my daughter to have a prom she would remember. Now my daughters left devastated can't believe this can happen on the internet. Shameful company won't fall for these fraudsters again :(
tinad57
May 21st, 2016
Don't buy from this company they basically lie every thing they write about refund and there policy is crap! And they don't care about people being coned out of 140 pound! Disgraceful I would never entertain this site again I've lost 140 pound down the drain as they took money out of my account after saying payment hadn't gone through days later! N by that time I had ordered another dress with no problem on a different site! I explain all b they said we will cancel it with a 70 percent charge!
deborahd69
April 30th, 2017
Thank you for saving my hard earned money!
They sound like thieves!
I have been looking for an outfit for a special occaion and recognised these designer dresses.
The real thing costs at least £250 some I recognise as £1200 Dresses.
All the delightful Linda has done is copy and pasted from reputable designer websites.
She should be sent to prison for fraud!
clarej18
May 20th, 2017
DO NOT ORDER A DRESS from this website. It's FRAUD! They stole £90 from me. Got the dress but very cheap quality, tried to send it back but no way did the silly little robot on the other side of the screen let me, she was rude and kept repeating herself. She wanted pictures of me in the dress (even though it wasn't meant for me). They offered 8% of the dress back. I'm still in shock and £90 out of pocket and left with a cheap, ugly dress. Shamefull.
suzannew20
March 23rd, 2016
I ordered a prom dress for my daughter and paid £92. When it arrived it was too big and didn't hang correctly at the front. The dress looked NOTHING like the picture shown on the website. I emailed customer services but they offered me a refund of £9! Please don't waste your money and buy from these crooks! I have contacted Trading Standards to get their website removed - they should not be allowed to trade.
audreye2
June 22nd, 2017
If I could give them a 0 then I would have done. If you are thinking of purchasing a dress from this company, THEN DON'T. The dresses are made of cheap fabric, don't fit properly and when you ask for their address to return it, they offer you a refund percentage not worth the paper its written on. Would never buy from them again and would encourage you not to either. BUYER BEWARE!
jenniec14
January 5th, 2017
Absolutely appalling. They operate out of China and you'll never see your money again when you try and return a faulty product. They are exceptionally rude and unprofessional. Don't make the same mistake I did. Reported to trading standards but I don't believe there is much that can be done.
isabellem9
March 9th, 2016
I was reading these reviews and I was scared to receive my prom dress in the mail. But it is beyond beautiful. It was designer quality, fitted nicely and it shipped a week before expected. My experience with this company was a great one and I will purchase from them again. I look forward to prom and getting to wear such a stunning and unique dress.Do keep in mind sizing though, I did ask them to alter something I dont think they did however its an easy fix.
umze
August 30th, 2016
Spent almost £200, dress arrived late, nothing like the picture. Wrong material, wrong style, wrong colour, had zips instead of button, cheapest lace on the dress. And it was sewn inside out. After multiple emails they have finally offered me a 10% refund, which is disgusting. Please do not purchase from them, only now am I finding out about similar stories.

Started as shilla but got sued then changed to shillas

By Lindsay T.
See more answers (8)

Don't do it, don't waste your money! Negative comments are spot on. Quality dire

By Sarah H.
See more answers (7)

Hi there, the credit card company sent me a claim form after I rang them. I provided all the corresponding emails, copies of their returns policy, a link to the website, and an explanation of what had happened. It took about a month to come back, but they refunded the whole lot without quibble, as the returns policy is basically an untruth. My credit card is with HSBC. I strongly advise anyone to take the time and effort to do this and get their money back as the website is just full of untruths and it's not right or fair to anyone! Good Luck Migle M!

See more answers (2)

With all my heart, I wouldn't go to the company. They are awful. I've never dealt with such a terrible company and the clothing is. Heap and nasty. So please don't use them. Go elsewhere! Enjoy!

By Kirsty M.