Amazon Seller Central

Amazon Seller Central has a consumer rating of 1.11 stars from 309 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Amazon Seller Central most frequently mention customer service, credit card and bank account problems. Amazon Seller Central ranks 174th among Ecommerce Tools sites.

No positive highlights yet

• AND the customer service is even worst, they won't help at all!
  • The whole concept of Amazon seller account is a scam.
How would you rate Amazon Seller Central?

“Selling Books on Amazon Works Fairly Well”

Jan F.
4/19/17

I have a bricks-and-mortar store and have been selling on Amazon for several years now. Their fees are higher than I would like and by the time we sell an item on Amazon it usually has dropped in price by 50% due to competition. They have never failed to pay me and they have been supportive when deviant customers have tried to steal from me.

“ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICAL”

Tapas c.
7/20/20

I have been trading my accessories business since 2011 and very proud of the products and services, unfortunately, the COVID 19 brought my business down so I thought that I will start selling from Amazon. I signed with Amazon end of May'20 and yet to uploads any products. They also made me to IAN numbers which cost me £183. Their help is pathetic and I will raise a dispute with my bank to get my money back. I do not need Amazon anymore and be careful.

customer service (43) seller account (33) seller support (40) amazon seller (54) credit card (17)
tapasc3
July 20th, 2020

I do not need Amazon anymore and be careful.

erikaw103
February 28th, 2021

I can't access the portal because they used a number to authenticate that I haven't had in ten years. I tried to remove myself but there is no way to contact them except in the portal. They are horrible and for four months I have tried unsuccessfully to get out of the charges and the plan. I haven't been able to sell or post even one item and I've been charged five times.

ayosh
November 30th, 2020

See the pictures for yourselves. They only care about your money.
Registered for seller account but end up going for professional which cost 39.99$
A service you could not use because your account is deactivated and would require further additional documents requirements. You could not contact customer service since your account is deactivated. So that's a money donation for a rich greedy company right there.

gk74
February 13th, 2020

I could not recommend Amazon Seller Central to anybody. I spent five months, paying seller fees, only to get the runaround by staff constantly. I have several pages of cases which were opened and closed during those five months. Persistently incorrect advice, conflicting advice, and incomprehensible advice is de rigueur. Staff do not help, they simply want to get rid of you as fast as possible. If you're thinking about selling on Amazon I would strongly advise to think about selling somewhere else.

anonymousu1107
March 11th, 2021

Absolutely terrible back end system, they haven't even got a native HTML editor for product descriptions! I've had to raise so many cases to customer support for numerous issues with their platform. It amazes me how there are any products listed on amazon. I've found the whole platform to be extremely frustrating to use and i thought ebay was bad! Wait until you try and use Amazon. If i could leave less than 1 star i would

jorgeno
January 15th, 2020

This company is so bad.
No way for You to talk to a human by phone or email to resolve the issues around setting up the account.
Also if You don't complete the steps that are impossible, You cannot contact the refund department.

After talking to robots for weeks (automated USELESS responses), I finally gave up.

If You want to sell stuff online You are in the wrong place, but if You want ulcers, go ahead.

elenas135
January 30th, 2020

This Company employs useless Customer Service and Performance Seller teams who don't bother to spend a minute on your questions, who just copy and paste the same answers. This platform is unethical and eventually other platforms will take over. As a seller on Amazon, they don't care about you, they are dictators. I believe this platform sooner or later should be sued so many times.

neerajw1
January 22nd, 2021

I have been selling on Amazon for many years... There is no problem when customer accepts a product. However if customer returns a product(which happens very often), amazon will either not return it or return it damaged. If you ask for refunds or claims, they will cite some illogical explanation and deny any compensation. If you want to lose your hard earned money, go ahead and sell on Amazon.

th4832
October 31st, 2020

Avoid selling on the platform. Amazon is getting worst. 15% commission is too much. FBA process refunds quickly by screwing over sellers. Buyers scams sellers by requesting refunds soon. They return things as rentals. FBA doesn't reimburse "Late by carrier" buyers return and refuses to accept fault for it. When printing out payment to see about income, FBA took chunk of those expenses.

Worst site to sell on, so closing seller account. Closing account is a nightmare, because Amazon claiming that I owe a non-existing balance. I haven't sold in awhile and removed inventory. Seller support is useless to sellers by not providing answers. Seller support give lazy worthless automated messages. Amazon shouldn't make closing selling account this difficult using dumb 90 days since last sale, which cause buyers generate more return scams.

za13
November 26th, 2020

I've had multiple issues and only been on a month. I sell on eBay, Etsy and other marketplaces with no issues but Amazon tops it as the worst ever. The customers lie and Amazon believe them instantly due to A-Z claims. They don't help you at all, the fees are extortionate 15% and monthly fees as well. For the amount you pay you would think you get half decent support but their support is terrible. STAY AWAY.

willm155
December 4th, 2020

Selling on Amazon is an absolute nightmare. They tell you what your lead time is. They have zero customer service and when you do finally get replies the answer is always automated and never addresses your issue. Customers constantly get items for free due to auto-cancellations even in the middle of shipping to the customer. I have never experienced a more corrupt and shady platform. Amazon is the picture of what is wrong with corporations.

roberth3415
May 25th, 2021

The experience of selling on Amazon is by quite a long way the most frustrating and badly designed experience I've ever had online. It's hard to know where to start. Nothing is intuitive, the UX flow seems to take you round in circles and if you can finally find how to raise a ticket, the support is terrible. Sometimes after two or three responses you might get a helpful reply, but you'll be pulling your hair out in frustration in the meantime.

Amazon claim to be obsessively customer-focussed, but it's a shame they arrogantly abuse their near-monopoly position and don't appreciate sellers as customers.

hh149
August 2nd, 2021

Amazon Seller Center is unstable system full of technical issues and defects. Duplicate functions and entry points causes data corruption to the products and listing, and when you contact the support, they reply with standard reply and not even try to investigate the issue or escalate it to IT support. Furthermore, they wont admit it's a system mistake in order not to create any liabilities on Amazon.
Issues are never resolved with Amazon Seller Central, and it's very hard to find some one who is willing to help. I have had a case, which took more than 50 back and forth, and 90% were repeating the same thing. They work like dumb robots and all what they care about is to close the case on time and meet their personal SLAs. They give you a chance of rating the response, but thats just a technique to absorb the customer frustration, as no one actions on them.

Tip for consumers:
If you are not a company your products are not registered in brand registry then avoid working with Amazon.

jayc484
November 2nd, 2020

Little to non existent seller support, difficult to even contact them for assistance, run around with no reslution.

douglasw30
December 26th, 2017

I have made numerous purchases from Amazon.com over a few years time. I have never had a problem with them. Interestingly, I had given negative feedback about a food supplement that didn't do anything for me, as advertised. I wasn't asking for a refund but was issued a refund anyway? My intention was only to give an honest objective review?
Amazon also has many good deals. I purchased a TIG welder off ebay a few weeks ago for what I thought was a good deal. Later I discovered that amazon.com also sells welders! I didn't know that? I could have purchased my welder brand new for $82 less than what i paid, and the shipping was free! Now I check with amazon.com first before any other internet purchase.

arnoldn11
January 4th, 2020

They let you pay and dont activate the account. This company is so bad no contact possible they only want your money!

One star is to much!

paulv247
January 28th, 2020

This department needs a serious overhaul. Im having to take them to small claims court to pursue my money. Our seller account was closed with Seller Central claiming we've sold inauthentic product. We have sent them all of the documentation requested from the official product distributors in the UK and Europe. They have now said they will not disburse our funds. This has caused serious cash flow issues causing endless stress, sleepless nights and worry. Seller Support are a completely pointless existence and emails are responded to with the same automated reply which gives zero help or information. If you decide to sell on Amazon be exceptionally cautious as this seems to be an exceptionally regular occurrence. Its mind boggling considering their stance on customer service for their buyers, seems their sellers are treated with a complete apathy that borders on cruel.

sn121
December 15th, 2020

I've been selling with Amazon for about 4 months and had issues from the very start. In the beginning I had issues setting up my account, then sending inventory as their rules changed and now with listing, feedback and customer service. Ii's been an absolute nightmare dealing with their customer service teams. First of all it's nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone, and when you do, it's nearly impossible to understand them. English is my third language and I'm very understanding and patient. However, it is unprofessional and ridiculous that a company this size can't hire people that speak fluent English. I have multiple issues I never got resolved and that are still open and pending today. I email and call weekly only to be told by another robot employee that I need to send another email. Would not recommend selling on Amazon. Stick to Etsy, Shopify or other platforms. An absolute nightmare from the very start, stay away,

ademolad1
January 7th, 2021

An order fulfilled Amazon got missing, only to be told by an incompetent seller support representative that they can investigate an order that was paid for by the seller. Seller support is mostly useless as they do not even respond to some of your complaints at all, even very critical ones. For a platform that cares so much about customer satisfaction, it's clear that sellers are not held in the same regard.

ozgec
August 6th, 2021

Hi everyone,

I've created an individual seller account 3 months ago. Before this, I've asked someone from customer service about charging issue they told me that if I create a professional account they will charged me once but if I switch my account to individual they will refund me. I did it and I switched my account in 2 days after. Now, it has been 3 months and they are still charging me and when I try to reach them by e-mail they send me always some links doesnt make sense. I can't reach them by phone. I really need help about this.

bernadetteb78
April 8th, 2020

Amazon has been terrible to deal with I have been ringing & emailing for 4 months to get amazon to stop taking the monthly fee from my card... I finally had a reply saying they would stop it and refund for them tk only take it out again on the next month... so I'm still trying to get them to STOP TAKING MY MONEY. I would recommend for you to never give amazon your credit card details as they will take money and it's very very deficit to get them to stop..

vicentium
September 18th, 2020

If you want to loose money go and open a store on Bezos domain.
The most piece of $#*! service you can get.
They return money from your account with no evidence at all.
On Amazon you can say anything about a product and they return the money to the buyer.
They actually steal money and refund after 6 MONTHS for the stupid reason "it's not what I ordered"
Really you needeed 6 months to find out.
If I can put -5 star I will.
AMAZON SUCKS!

garyc654
February 5th, 2020

My first foray into the mighty Amazon and without doubt the last time I will ever have any dealings with them, my account was suspended hours after opening and with nothing listed, took days to activate again. Sent products on a business seller account and started a launch campaign, they then decide to move my product elsewhere and mark my listing as available in May 2020! Nobody knows what is going on just the usual cut and paste drivel not even related to my question, every time you try to find out what the issue is you get the same cut and paste crap. Have always sold on Ebay without issue but thought (wrongly) that Amazon was going to be a superior platform, how wrong can you be, they don't give a toss and it's impossible to reach anyone with even half an idea of what's going on. Read the reviews (I didn't!) before trying them, they are the worst kind of crap.

saida34
March 1st, 2021

I opened account 4 months ago sold more them $1000 did not get a penny from them first of all they have so much charges and refund to customers. And accused me of selling inauthentic items and deactivate my account have been sending the original invoice they are keep saying these are not enough proof repatting the same over and over and holding my money. I have been trying to contact there is no way to contact which is crazy I regret wasting my money and time. I wish everyone could get together and sue that stupid company.

chrisc1737
September 7th, 2020

Terrible interface coupled with useless support from an instruction manual. Wastes so much of my time with repetitive responses and copy and paste responses when I actually require proper support. Pure greed on Amazon's part.

If I was you I will stop everythings involving with Amazon and find others platforms to sell my products. Usually it takes 2-3 weeks under reviews. In your case 46 days it means there is a probleme. But this is only the 1st problems tons will come, TONS.

By Rene V.

Jeff@amazon.com I would complain to the AG for Washington and copy Customer service. Worst case (if you can) set up a new bank account. You will be extremely lucky if you get a real person to speak with you. Good luck.

By Clyde M.

No entres no sirve cobran cada mes $39.99 al mes de membresía y aparte por cada producto que tengas en venta cobran porque este en venta si tienes algo en venta digamos de $10 y este ahí en venta un mes que cobran como $5 y después te cobran el envío y al final no tienes ganancias

By Salime C.

Beware, their seller fees are high, only do it to get your books out there, eBay has the best deal on listings and seller fees.

By alan d.

Which item

By tarik k.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Amazon Seller Central staff and other customers.

Official Facebook page of www.amazon.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Seller Central?

Have a question about Amazon Seller Central?