ThemeForest

ThemeForest has a consumer rating of 1.67 stars from 49 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ThemeForest also ranks 32nd among Image Editing sites. The most common issues with ThemeForest are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 14.3%

No positive highlights yet

• This is a horrible company with a very low level of "customer service".
  • After waiting 2 weeks, I asked envato for a refund.
How would you rate ThemeForest?

“Great”

Mike B.
12/3/19

Service is great and have purchised a lot from them developers usually answer fast and i am overall satisfied with their service

“bad customer service by a semi-monopoly Envato”

G E.
4/1/20

I purchased themes and plugins from this site. I just bought Reflector theme, (which ahs 4.5 stars) which I was totally unhappy with. So I asked for refund and here is what Envato returned back to me: "- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the item;". So basically they are blaming me for not being an expert, because this is the only item that applies to me in the email they sent. Excuse me, but I am maintaining 20+ websites and doing everything on my own, using many plugins and themes for many years now. Just a bad bad web portal. No wonder they have bad rating. Just wasted 40 USD due to their greed. I hope they go out of business and surely I will look for alternative sites.

customer service (6) refund (16) money (14) wp theme (3)
gurdale
April 1st, 2020

Tip for consumers: Use another site that refunds you when there is a bad product they are selling.

slavicd
April 21st, 2020
First hand experience of having my bad reviews DELETED off the platform as if they didn't happen. Reviewed 2 stars on a very expensive, very-well selling WP theme (listingpro-multipurpose-directory-theme). After about several hours my review was no longer.
jamesh473
January 19th, 2019
Don't buy from themeforest if you dont want to be disappointed like me! Quite a number of my purchases are "no longer available" and themeforest wont tell you why. They remove your downloads and gives no explanation leaving you out of money and potentially vulnerable to viruses and even lawsuits if the theme was removed for copyright reasons for example. You only have to look at sitejabber and trustpilot to see just how many people have themeforest/envato have annoyed.
ronitk2
July 22nd, 2020
whenever I place my order I why do they block my account customer service is also not supporting they didn't give any solution yet and not enabling my account
jorisv4
September 11th, 2018
There are many providers selling goods on Envato. Sometime you buy things hoping it is what you're looking for, but then it seems that either providers are not that customer friendly or the script or template doesn't wok. Then I can rely on Envato team to make sure I ghet my money back. A wonderfull service where you can rely on. It is my number one site to get professional meterial. Thank you Envato.
golr
February 11th, 2020
THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! THEY HAVE JUST CHARGED MY CARD $1728.00 AND THEY HAVE SAID THIS IS FOR A PLUGIN SUPPORT!!!!! I HAVE TRIED CONTACTING THEM AND THEY HAVE IGNORED ME ON 4 OCCASIONS!
abhishekm20
August 5th, 2019
Good themes but customization or suiting to specialized purposes is not very good. They need to improve on quality given what they are charging. Moreover intimation when the acc will get locked needs to be done regularly.
kateh273
June 13th, 2020
So many people can't be wrong, I ignored these reviews and here I am writing. Never buy anything from these following domains: AudioJungle, ThemeForest, VideoHive, GraphicRiver, 3DOcean, CodeCanyon, PhotoDune, ElementsStudio. They are all owned by the same scam company. They will gobble all your money and lock your account with some silly excuse.

They will never unlock your account and You will end paying more money. Never buy anything from them, You can donate the money to some charity rather than these crooks. They will never allow you to rate negatively unless you rate 5 star. If you will insist with your reviews, They will lock your account and never reply to your emails.

Such despicable cheats.
holad
June 4th, 2019
Hi, I have a terrible problem. I bought a $61 theme on May 31.
Then I still can't login to my account. I send 3 Times ticket. The first answer is that your account is controlled by our team.
I got a new answer today;

( Regrettably, after further investigation, we're using our discretion and will not be re-enabling your account.

Please note the decission will not be revoked. )

I'm asking now when Will my $61 be refunded?

as you can see the situation I advise you please purchase more reliable sites.
armandg13
November 30th, 2018
I purchased the Medici theme and it wouldn't install completely (no demo content, etc.) due to a glitch with the clever-vc-addon. Themeforest assured me it worked so I installed it for the third time on a completely separate server. Exact same results. And they removed my one star rating and comment.
mikeb1186
December 3rd, 2019
clarkkentk
2,435 helpful votes
August 9th, 2016
I've been sourcing some themes from them for the past 4 years, I have rarely been disappointed. Best place to get your themes, as long as you have someone who can install them for you
kentyt
February 5th, 2019
Don't buy from Themeforest. You would be frustrated and disappointed! When it comes to developer vs user, Themeforest acts unfairly against users. The developer threatened to delete my API if I don't remove my review for their theme and I reported that to Envato market. Envato (Themeforest) didn't do anything about my report but instead deleted my review!! My review was my own experience with the theme and all true and correct.
regans2
May 24th, 2016
I have been a member for over 8 years, bought hundreds of files and I am usually pretty happy with them., there have been themes that I purchased over the years that were not as asvertised exactly, but that is very rare. I use them often
mrj243
March 14th, 2019
Hello,

I purchased a theme from themeforest a week ago, theme was badly done, many bugs and errors, I requested a refund and the author refused, I contacted support and they disabled my account telling me there is no refund for me, so to recap, I bought a theme called (Classiads - Classified Ads WordPress Theme), theme had many problems, requested a refund and my account gets disabled, I won't be dealing with themeforest anymore
jasons581
March 19th, 2019
I am pleading with any website developer looking to purchase themes from themeforest, please do not, I purchased a faulty theme from themeforest that wasn't coded properly, I contacted the author and he reported me to themeforest? Themeforest quickly disabled my account, I got scammed out of $120 just by dealing with this scam, stay away, I purchased the Classiads - Classified Ads WordPress Theme and Anna from Envato disabled my account, terrible people.
anthonya180
September 15th, 2018
As others have said be careful buying on this site, the purchases are not guaranteed even if they say they are. I have had many purchases "disappear" from my download list even the ones I paid extra for. When asked about this, Envato told me that either the seller or vendor can pull the item at anytime without any notice. You won't even be able to download the last version that was up there before being removed.
andreasj3
February 13th, 2018
I've been trying to get a refund from Theme Forest/Envato Market for three weeks, but can't even get a straight answer from them. They keep telling me to contact Envato Market to get a refund, but when I contact Envato Market, they tell me to contact Theme Forest. The ironic thing is that they keep sending me customer satisfaction surveys that I give them a 1 on each time, but they don't respond and don't care.
STAY FAR AWAY from these scammers!
joseu5
March 10th, 2017
stay as far away as you can from these scam artist
totally ripped me off on a theme that one of there authors made.
Missing plugins and missing code.
turned for help to theme forest and basically they told me to take it up with the author.
that went back and forth for a week, finally I knew I got ripped, so stay away go to theme monster, much better with a 30 day return policy if your not satisfied

Tip for consumers: so stay away go to theme monster, much better with a 30 day return policy if your not satisfied

jamesy7
March 26th, 2013
Great site. Thank you for giving me chance to offer my design for sale to such huge audience. Very happy with quick payouts and reasonable commisions too.

Thanks,
James
stevej112
January 26th, 2018
Purchased 2 site templates with all the image showing - but when downloaded no images - spoke to their 'help' only to be told images not included in template. This is a scam. Go and buy a beer instead - you'll get better value for money
greggv1
September 17th, 2012
<3 themeforest! Great prices for such a huge variety of web templates!
nickk127
Nick K.
February 14th, 2019
The site is garbage. If a provider on it sells you a $#*! product there is no way to get a refund if they author refuses. They say there is a dispute process but offer no links to file a dispute and no way to contact themeforest. Worthless.
sandras262
April 27th, 2018
Purchased a theme from ThemeForest. Customer service is illusive. You don't know WHAT issues you will have until you dive into the Theme or Product. Once you realize you have issues, the ONLY way to solve issues is through their customer service which is impossible to locate. Days to get back to you and difficult communication.

I finally deleted the theme and all associated elements. Out over $100. Lesson learned.
mandyw29
February 16th, 2019
pathetic, they delete your bad reviews of themes and there is no refund despite their terms and conditiosn saying ther eis a refund

I am still trying... they have very slow if no support.

By Andrew V.
See more answers (2)

It is a legit firm. There is no problem with legitimacy of the firm.

By Abhishek M.
See more answers (2)

Visit any of them. You will get hundreds of options https://colorlib.com/wp/wordpress-themes-for-conference-and-event/ https://www.showthemes.com/event-management-wordpress-themes https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/corporate?gclid=Cj0KCQjwp5_qBRDBARIsANxdcilNC4VC6keAAFfOFEyK7bFWoiBq4202nclMKohqbCfqnuL6EBNe7PUaAvOdEALw_wcB&referrer=search&sort=sales&term=management&utf8=%E2%9C%93&view=grid#content

By Abhishek M.
See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ThemeForest staff and other customers.

Discover 1000s of premium WordPress themes & website templates, including multipurpose and responsive Bootstrap templates, email templates & HTML templates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThemeForest?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.7
Have a question about ThemeForest?