ThemeForest

ThemeForest has a consumer rating of 1.58 stars from 59 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about ThemeForest most frequently mention customer service problems. ThemeForest ranks 40th among Image Editing sites.

No positive highlights yet

• No customer service, locked out of my account as link to verify my email address is broken.
How would you rate ThemeForest?

“Great”

Mike B.
12/3/19

Service is great and have purchised a lot from them developers usually answer fast and i am overall satisfied with their service

“Bad customer service by a semi-monopoly Envato”

G E.
4/1/20

I purchased themes and plugins from this site. I just bought Reflector theme, (which ahs 4.5 stars) which I was totally unhappy with. So I asked for refund and here is what Envato returned back to me: "- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the item;". So basically they are blaming me for not being an expert, because this is the only item that applies to me in the email they sent. Excuse me, but I am maintaining 20+ websites and doing everything on my own, using many plugins and themes for many years now. Just a bad bad web portal. No wonder they have bad rating. Just wasted 40 USD due to their greed. I hope they go out of business and surely I will look for alternative sites.

customer service (9)
gurdale
April 1st, 2020

Tip for consumers:
Use another site that refunds you when there is a bad product they are selling.

Reflector theme

michaelm6190
January 14th, 2021

Envato is a disgusting company, and its a shame they don't have better competitors.

Nevermind how poor the share of earnings is as a seller, they have the absolute worst customer service. I spend hundreds of dollars a year with Envato, and I have since 2011. I have never contact customer service for anything. I made a purchase that went through twice, and I immediately contact them to let them know and cancel the second one.

Instead of keep a loyal customer, they made me go through months of back and forth filling out all of these different forms, only to have "Joef" their "Customer Success Officer" say that they don't refund mistaken orders.

I could under stand a single "mistake", it could be a lie, but mine was a clear back to back duplicate order that could have been a technical issue, and I was only in need of the duplicate transaction being refunded.

They are an embarrassing company.

Don't

Themeforest

mikeb1186
December 3rd, 2019

lorene26
February 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

They just steal your money. None of what they provide worked. There is no customer service because they would not be able to carry out the theft. They steal. They are scammers. They are thieves.

Tip for consumers:
Find anyone else to do this type of work. These people just steal money from you. Its that simple. They are thieves.

Products used:
I bought three templates. None of them work. As a matter of fact, my sites are not even operable right now. Its gross what they do to people. They are scammers. This process is a total scam.

slavicd
April 21st, 2020

First hand experience of having my bad reviews DELETED off the platform as if they didn't happen. Reviewed 2 stars on a very expensive, very-well selling WP theme (listingpro-multipurpose-directory-theme). After about several hours my review was no longer.

abhishekm20
August 5th, 2019

Good themes but customization or suiting to specialized purposes is not very good. They need to improve on quality given what they are charging. Moreover intimation when the acc will get locked needs to be done regularly.

charlesb1740
April 28th, 2021

Asked to email in from PayPal email address to confirm ownership (this is a different email address to the account email), did that, and then received an email saying they will only communicate with the "account" email address despite clearly explaining that it is to verify my ownership of the PayPal, and followed up with another email from the account email address too.

They respond with generic emails, and clearly they are either incredibly dumb, or they're pretending to be dumb and just stealing money.

trevorl75
June 4th, 2021

After having an account here. Now I have to go out of my way to log into this garbage so they will stop emailing me because of course they illegally do not provide an email unsub button.

ansarp
October 12th, 2020

I have purchased a theme for $59USD which claims that its fast, the code is to high standards, easily modified, and has great support. However, the problems began soon after my purchase, firstly with some broken code that was causing timeout issues on my webhost. I brang this up with support, 3 days later was told to simply change my hosting because other people have been using it just fine. NO, I do not want potentially crappy code to take down my site at the worst possible time. Then came other irritations like having overly complicated systems that should just be left to plugins to handle. Even the most simple modifications require developer or support (which is incredibly slow). The website, takes over 10 seconds to load even though I was promised fast speeds up there with the best themes. And the final straw, when I tried to warn others about a shady developer with poorly written code and a bunch of other issues, my review was promptly deleted. This is deception and themeforest/envato needs to be sued. Because people look at reviews to determine whether something is worth buying or not. I have not yet requested a refund, but I will be filing a chargeback with paypal if I don't get every cent back because I was not delivered what was promised.

clarkkentk
2,501 helpful votes
August 9th, 2016

I've been sourcing some themes from them for the past 4 years, I have rarely been disappointed. Best place to get your themes, as long as you have someone who can install them for you

cindyc927
May 26th, 2021

I bought the Theme from the ThemeForest site, from stating I start facing the problem. And it's hard to get support. When I left the feedback about the product and support its removed by ThemeForest theme. Why so? Why no protection for buyers? And why they want to protect the seller?

Tip for consumers:
No support from Themeforest. They always protect sellers.

Theme

jorisv4
September 11th, 2018

There are many providers selling goods on Envato. Sometime you buy things hoping it is what you're looking for, but then it seems that either providers are not that customer friendly or the script or template doesn't wok. Then I can rely on Envato team to make sure I ghet my money back. A wonderfull service where you can rely on. It is my number one site to get professional meterial. Thank you Envato.

miked1107
December 1st, 2020

Their themes are terrible, most of them don't work properly, they don't issue you a refund, the most stupid costumer service

jamesh473
January 19th, 2019

Don't buy from themeforest if you dont want to be disappointed like me! Quite a number of my purchases are "no longer available" and themeforest wont tell you why. They remove your downloads and gives no explanation leaving you out of money and potentially vulnerable to viruses and even lawsuits if the theme was removed for copyright reasons for example. You only have to look at sitejabber and trustpilot to see just how many people have themeforest/envato have annoyed.

nikhilp18
November 25th, 2020

I purchased a theme that was offered a lifetime update. However, the theme was never updated and later removed from the site within two months of purchase. Now the theme is useless and ThemeForest is even declining the refund.

michaeln1207
February 7th, 2021

It's both a shame and an insult to the spirit of good business practice, for theme forest to delete negative reviews on items. I had a very bad experience with a theme and I gave a honest detailed review. A few days later my review is nowhere on the site and so the item keeps deceitfully covered in the positive reviews that themeforest chooses to keep around. Unbelievable

Tip for consumers:
Find a way of trying out a theme thoroughly before you pay for it on themeforest. Their item reviews are filtered to only keep the good ones and delete the bad ones, regardless of how truthful and helpful they are

Lisfinity wordpress theme

regans2
May 24th, 2016

I have been a member for over 8 years, bought hundreds of files and I am usually pretty happy with them., there have been themes that I purchased over the years that were not as asvertised exactly, but that is very rare. I use them often

ronitk2
July 22nd, 2020

Whenever I place my order I why do they block my account customer service is also not supporting they didn't give any solution yet and not enabling my account

golr
February 11th, 2020

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM! THEY HAVE JUST CHARGED MY CARD $1728. 00 AND THEY HAVE SAID THIS IS FOR A PLUGIN SUPPORT! I HAVE TRIED CONTACTING THEM AND THEY HAVE IGNORED ME ON 4 OCCASIONS!

kateh273
June 13th, 2020

So many people can't be wrong, I ignored these reviews and here I am writing. Never buy anything from these following domains: AudioJungle, ThemeForest, VideoHive, GraphicRiver, 3DOcean, CodeCanyon, PhotoDune, ElementsStudio. They are all owned by the same scam company. They will gobble all your money and lock your account with some silly excuse.

They will never unlock your account and You will end paying more money. Never buy anything from them, You can donate the money to some charity rather than these crooks. They will never allow you to rate negatively unless you rate 5 star. If you will insist with your reviews, They will lock your account and never reply to your emails.

Such despicable cheats.

armandg13
November 30th, 2018

I purchased the Medici theme and it wouldn't install completely (no demo content, etc.) due to a glitch with the clever-vc-addon. Themeforest assured me it worked so I installed it for the third time on a completely separate server. Exact same results. And they removed my one star rating and comment.

holad
June 4th, 2019

Hi, I have a terrible problem. I bought a $61 theme on May 31.
Then I still can't login to my account. I send 3 Times ticket. The first answer is that your account is controlled by our team.
I got a new answer today;

( Regrettably, after further investigation, we're using our discretion and will not be re-enabling your account.

Please note the decission will not be revoked.)

I'm asking now when Will my $61 be refunded?

As you can see the situation I advise you please purchase more reliable sites.

mariusi6
March 29th, 2021

Bought a theme with corrputed files and they refuse to refund. Coulnt belive it this could happend nowadays.

jamesy7
March 26th, 2013

Great site. Thank you for giving me chance to offer my design for sale to such huge audience. Very happy with quick payouts and reasonable commisions too.

Thanks,
James

waynec45
June 11th, 2016

Google "theme forest complaint" because there have been many, including the inability to get a refund from them or Envato Marketplace when things don't work right. I strongly suggest choosing a different theme so you don't get burned like I did when I had unresolvable problems with their Subway theme.

I am still trying... they have very slow if no support.

By Andrew V.
See more answers (2)

It is a legit firm. There is no problem with legitimacy of the firm.

By Abhishek M.
See more answers (2)

Visit any of them. You will get hundreds of options https://colorlib.com/wp/wordpress-themes-for-conference-and-event/ https://www.showthemes.com/event-management-wordpress-themes Https :// themeforest. Net/category/wordpress/corporate? Gclid=Cj0KCQjwp5_qBRDBARIsANxdcilNC4VC6keAAFfOFEyK7bFWoiBq4202nclMKohqbCfqnuL6EBNe7PUaAvOdEALw_wcB&referrer=search&sort=sales&term=management&utf8=%E2%9C%93&view=grid#content

By Abhishek M.
See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ThemeForest staff and other customers.

Discover 1000s of premium WordPress themes & website templates, including multipurpose and responsive Bootstrap templates, email templates & HTML templates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThemeForest?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

1.6
Have a question about ThemeForest?