Review of Visualsoft

Tel: 01642 633604
info@visualsoft.co.uk

emilyh334
1/11/20
Leigh changed the look and feel of our website by creating a new dropdown navigation of our main menu.
We are very impressed with the final outcome and how quick and efficient Leigh was when doing this for us, thank you again!

Emily
Heaton Catering Equipment
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Emily,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, I'm so happy to hear you are satisfied with the outcome and particularly the help Leigh has provided.
I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to him!

Many thanks,

Beth Thompson
Marketing Manager
timothys382
1/7/20
Leigh from Tech Support picked up my ticket request and followed it up with a courtesy phone call to confirm my requirements. He then forwarded examples of the fix for my approval which was exactly what I wanted. This was then made live and all before lunch.

I'll make Leigh my point of contact for support issues after this exception service.
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Timothy,

It's great to hear you're happy with the support services you have received from our team and particularly, Leigh. Thanks for sharing, we'll be sure to pass your words on!

benj143
12/25/19
Whenever I have a problem with our website www.miltonsdiamonds.com, more often than not it is resolved straight away. Special Kudos to Leigh Davison who went above and beyond on our latest problems during the busiest time of year. Great communication and speed, what more could you ask for?
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Ben,

Thanks for sharing such brilliant feedback, it's always lovely to hear clients having a positive experience with our products and services. We'll make sure we pass the message onto Leigh who I'm sure will be thrilled :).

michellem1126
12/9/19
I am very happy with service I'm receiving from Visualsoft and especially from Account Manager Stephen Chilton who has recently helped us resolve some issues. Professional company, fantastic website design.
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you are receiving such fantastic service. I will be sure to share your feedback with Stephen.
cgcl
11/21/19
We were contacted by Visualsoft about their product offering. At first we were skeptical about the solution and hidden charges however after understanding th ier model and offering, I beleive this is an excellent platform for businesses looking to go online and digital. I would highly recommend them to anyone seekin go to start a bootstrap e-commerce business.
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very proud of our platform and will continue to invest heavily into its ongoing development. As a result it's amazing to hear such a brilliant endorsement.

sarahb807
11/7/19
I went live with my website from visual soft last week. And I must say the whole team made it very easy and enjoyable.
I had quite a few requests as I wanted my website to stand out a lot more from other websites in my trade.
I'm totally overwhelmed with the outcome, and the whole team have been so professional and helpful, Rachel Ingram and Laura Buckell helped me every step of the way throughout the design and input of stock. We hit a few hurdles and every problem was solved very efficiently.
Jason West with his ongoing help from start has been amazing and giving me ideas I've never thought of myself hopfully for a long relationship to a very successful business.

Must say IM EXCITED!!!!

Thankyou visual soft
amyd388
10/5/19
We have just started our partnership with Visualsoft and so far I have only great things to say! We have recently enrolled on the shared success scheme with the help of Jason West as our marketing consultant; He has been helpful, knowledgeable, personable & an all-round great guy in helping get this project off the ground. He has been responsive and on hand to answer questions we have as and when they pop up! the whole approach has been great & I would have no hesitation in recommending him or Visualsoft! Our project manager Kathryn has been extremely helpful as has Rachel & everyone else we have come into contact with so far! We are looking forward to the working relationship building over the next few months and we can't wait to see the new site!
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Amy,
I am delighted to hear such fantastic comments and I really appreciate you sharing them. I will be sure to pass them on to the rest of the team.
bradg84
5/16/19
Saying that our experience has been a complete disappointment so far would be an understatement. Continually let down at every hurdle! We were sold what we believed to be a great package and an upgrade from Shopify.. We couldn't have been more wrong!

As soon as the sales pitch ended and the contract began, the issues started to occur. It quickly turned into a nightmare, with slow response times and a lack of communication. Now almost 12 months down the line, this is hands down the worst experience with a platform we have ever had. Avoid at all costs!

The issues still remain, and even the simplest tasks take weeks to resolve. Any problem that arises are passed from team to team without any sign of a solution in the hope that we'll eventually move on from the problem or solve it ourselves.

Literally any other service to visualsoft is superior, and we've now spoken to dozens of our other companies on the platform and they've all had the same experience, many of whom have now been lucky enough to switch back to Shopify. Seriously avoid at all costs.
peterr360
5/15/19
I don't know where to start.

The horrible and super expensive customer service?
The terrible arrogance of the directors?
The revolting website they built us?
The time it took (3 times as much as quoted)
The fact they want a bucket of money to fix things they themselves got wrong?
The abhorrent lock in contract?
The sleazy sales tactics (the SEO one is the best. You get zero for your money)?

Also, take a good look at the latest reviews and how a lot of them are on the same day. Why? Visualsoft writes them or rewards their small circle of customer friends to write them. This was confirmed to me by an ex employee there.

The list goes on but I will leave you with final thoughts:

DO. NOT. TOUCH.
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Peter

We take client feedback very seriously and I am really keen to discuss your comments in further detail. If you are open to doing so then I would be grateful if you could please share your contact information.
My email address is Victoria.Hawkins@visualsoft.co.uk or alternatively please call 01642 633604.

Many Thanks
ryanc433
5/9/19
They are in the process of building our website and we have no complaints so far. The service has been excellent. Our account manager Stephen Chilton has been a massive help. We couldn't ask for a better start.
Response from Emily S., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Ryan,

What fantastic feedback - thanks for taking the time to share this with us. We will pass your words on to Stephen and we look forward to seeing your business continue to grow online in 2019 and beyond.

Emily
Digital Marketing Executive - Brand
andyt88
11/30/18
The support system at Visualsoft is always efficient in dealing with any changes that we wish to make to our site. We have always had a good experience with our account managers during our time with the company, and our current account manager (Stephen Chilton) is always at hand to answer any questions we have in an incredibly helpful manner.
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Andy,

Really great to hear you're pleased with the service you've received from our team, and your Client Relationship Manager, Stephen, in particular.

Thanks for the feedback :)

hannahc88
11/22/18
No reservations in recommending Visualsoft, the platform is great and our account manager Stephen is always on hand to go through any queries we have and suggest new ideas. We've never had any problems with the site and anything I've not been able to do myself is quickly resolved over the phone by tech support.
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Hannah,

Thanks for leaving your feedback! Really pleased to hear you're having a positive experience with our products and services :).

mikeg607
11/22/18
As an independent jeweller ,we needed a website , normally i work on trust but sadly i got my fingers burnt using friends for a website design .
my time is really limited with being hands on in work so it was an absolutely refreshing experience dealing with visual soft .
computers aren,t my thing but they walked me through the various stages at my own pace ,making sure i was happy with everything .
you have a dedicated contact who forms a healthy relationship with yourself so you can speak to them about anything .
the amount of extra advice & help i,ve had at no extra cost has really helped,
your hand is literally held until the site is working & they stay with you

my account manager is stephen chilton who along with his team have been a fantastic support
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Mike,

It's really rewarding to hear of your journey with Visualsoft so far - Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We'll pass your words onto your Client Relationship Manager, Stephen, and wish you every success with your business as we look towards 2019!

helenp118
Small Business Review
As a small business who has been with Visualsoft for three years, I have always been more than pleased with the help that they have given me.
I had no internet knowledge before I joined Visualsoft other than sending the odd email to a customer, so the thought of launching a website for my shop was quite daunting.
However I have found the whole process quite easy with the back up of my account manager Stephen and his sales support team.
They have always been there for me to make every step of my journey as easy as possible.
We integrated our website with Amazon just over a year ago and have been successfully receiving sales ever since.
Next month we are going to integrate our Website with EBay to create more sales and after that my Visualsoft managers wants us to consider Frugo which is another selling platform that Visualsoft are now working with.
I feel that we are constantly moving forwards with our website and increasing sales due to the help of Visualsoft's forward thinking account managers and sales team who are always there to help us.
Shoe Box Yarm
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Helen,

Thanks for leaving such fantastic feedback for our team. It's great to hear that not only has your business significantly grown, but so has your own eCommerce knowledge, and we'll be sure to pass on your kind words to your Account Manager, Stephen.

Wishing you the best of luck with your next marketplace ventures!

yg13
11/18/18
Visualsoft have improved their service significantly in recent months. Tickets are picked up and resolved a lot quicker than in the past. The CMS is very advanced, we never have any downtime and our site loads fast.
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Yani,

Thanks for the feedback - it's great to hear you have seen a continuous improvement in our service offering!

markb975
10/4/18
We've been with visualsoft for many years and have seen continued online growth, we use their web build and marketing services and have been very impressed, would reccomend to anyone looking to even start a new site or transfer from an existing provider
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Mark,

Fantastic to hear you've been with us for quite some time now and are seeing continued growth for your online business. Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments!

michaelr798
7/23/18
I have been a Visual Soft customer for 2 years now and we have had some amazing results. We have grown from zero to a multi-million pound turnover business online. We are in the jewellery and luxury goods space and have seen a lot of our competitors struggle within this period however we have flourished. the platform offers the flexibility we need and nothing is too much trouble for the developers. I would highly recommend!!!! 5 stars
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback - We're thrilled to hear how much your business has grown online since using our products and services, and wish you every success in the future!

jamese243
5/23/18
I inherited this awful platform in my current role as ecommerce manager. Having been a web designer with extensive experience using a variety of different ecommerce platforms I can categorically state that this is the worst platform I have ever encountered. It appears to be based on OSCommerce which is very old code and they cannot keep up with superior open source developments like Shopify and Magento.

They charge for things that you should be able to do yourself, you have little control over the website and if you have an issue you have to create tickets, they are very slow to respond to these, ecommerce thrives on being able to make changes quickly, forget that with VS.

One of the major issues with the platform is the speed, ecommerce lives and breaths on how fast you can display your website, VS is by far the worst performing platform for speed. This is killing conversions and Google rankings.

Using the back end is the slowest performing page load I have ever experienced, you have to literally wait over 30 seconds for pages to update which when you have a few people working on the back end at the same time makes this even worse. Getting anything done is a process of extreme tedium and frustration.

Random breakages are a regular occurrence, when they make changes to the core code they cannot test and this results in breaking or having detrimental effects to other websites and templates on their platform, they seem to be constantly firefighting and correcting breakages.

My advice to senior management is to move away from this platform.

If you are an SME and want to take a business online and sell do not use this company. They will steadily be losing business and eventually this company will cease trading as they cannot compete with superior platforms currently available.

If you want an angle from the people who work in IT on this platform look no further than previous employee reviews on glassdoor and see how the devs regard the working practices, infrastructure and quality of this platform and organisation.
maryc549
4/25/18
Below is a copy of my review from another site.

I was a customer of Visualsoft from March 2010 to 2015 and I spent £7K on my website. I can say hand on heart that they ripped me off.

Not only did they charge £60+ VAT for everything, even installing Google analysis! They built my website incorrectly, which they admitted to on a support ticket!! Even then they did not apologise. At this point I wanted to leave and they told me I could take a downloaded version of my website and I would never been able to change or amend the original site because they encrypted the code!!

This was not in my contract and if I had known I would have been able to ask what this meant. Visualsoft are an arrogant company with fats heads fr their own success of exhorting money from the unsuspecting puplic.

Oh and try and leave an honest review on trust pilot... You can't without Visualsoft allowing you to, hence why they ha e such a high customer satisfaction score.

Would you trust a company who can't accept constructive criticism??

If you have a ton of money to waste then spend it with Visualsoft. If you are a start up/SME then run for the hills.

I've now learnt that if you are going to go with a company to host and do your monthly management of your site, find out the following things first:

1) Can I access the Ftp of my site?
2) How much do you charge to amend/fix things per hour?
3) if work isn't completed as promised when recourse do I have? - They should be happy to send this to you in writing. If not then run for the hills!!
4) Ask how the site is built - use this information to compare to other companies. Try and do as much research as possible in this topic
5) Who owns the site I.e. if I leave can I take it with me as it is and be able to change it?
6) I want the domain name in my name - If you don't do this the web design company could put it in their name and you lose your domain name.

I would highly recommend Andrew Brown at Dual Media who tried to help me with my situation with VS. Unfortunately due to the poor build of my website, it had 100's of errors in Google analytics that VS wouldn't or couldn't fix, Andrew couldn't fully implemented the seo plan he had.

I have setup a cloud storage that contains ALL of the tickets that I've ever raised with Visualsoft when I was with them from 2010-2014 - Please email me *****@gmail.com and I will add you to that cloud storage so that you can make an informed decision BEFORE you spend thousands and thousands of pounds for a website that you don't own and for the ongoing support of said website that you will NEVER own. Yep, I'm still bitter that I lost £7k of my families investment with these cowboys.

Good luck

PS: I was a fully paid customer and always was. I was never late in paying and would have spent more if they had been a supportive company......
peterh237
12/20/17
We've had a site with Visualsoft for about 3 years now, with support from their marketing team for paid search on google and email marketing too we've seen growth on the site of double revenues each year. In short we're thrilled - our business has grown and our team too as a result. The support can be a little slower at busier times but otherwise is great for what we need. There's a good range of features and we're looking at the new commission based model for our new site in the new year. Looking forward to 2018!

Growing an online business isn't free or easy. It needs a huge dedication of time and financial investment and a lot of other resources too, but Visualsoft can be a great tool in the box to this growth.

I don't agree at all with other reviews here, we've never paid for anything we didn't get from Visualsoft or any other agencies for that matter - so that would suggest other issues going on here to me than Visualsoft's ability to delivery...which is second to none for us.

Tip for consumers: Work as closely as you can with the team, this will help. Just expecting Visualsoft to make your business grow isn't a very good plan and not realistic (from one business person to another) so see Visualsoft as a partner is a much better idea.

tobyf11
6/1/17
Like the title says, RUN! Cut your losses now or keep paying and throw good money after bad money. Hopefully you have found these reviews before you have spent a penny with these con artists. All the negative reviews are true, and then some. We got fleeced for £15,000+. Again, RUN!
gairoidd
4/11/17
Built a site with visualsoft in 2015, design/layout and function were all good. However they signed us in for a 12 month scoial media and PPC contract we knew nothing about. When we ask for this to be removed the problems started!
I was sold the site on quote "we are not one of the website builders that is out to take all the clients monies" however this is exactly what they are and possible the best in the market at it!
Even though they had been paid with no issue for site build and we were paying, monthly service charges, they insisted we keep paying the SEO and PPC fees after we requested in no less than 20 occasions they be stopped. Once we stopped paying these SEO and PPC fee they blocked the back end of our site.
Complete bullys and anyone thiink of using them should look up many other people similar stories
Response from Visualsoft e., Visualsoft Representative
At present this client has an overdue balance of £10,657.86 in unpaid bills.

This unpaid debt is a combination of services which includes hosting, support, development and online marketing, many of which are 100+ days overdue. After months of ongoing discussion regarding unpaid invoices we had no choice but to restrict access. All attempts to help the client were made but regrettably we were unable to provide a service to this customer due to failed payments.

As standard with many service providers, we reserve the right to suspend service (and eventually serve notice) to any customer who repeatedly defaults on scheduled payments. Serving notice on a customer is not something we do lightly, it is very much a last resort and an extremely rare occurrence.

In almost 20 years of trading and over 1000 projects we have served notice only a handful of times. It's unfortunate that a small minority who abuse our good will and don't adhere to agreed payment schedules are able to tarnish our reputation in this way, which is why we felt it was important to respond to this review.

We have very clear and transparent pricing, sales process and project agreements. We do not scam anyone, and the 100's of happy customers (who pay their bills) and have left us positive reviews are testament to the good work our team do.

Visualsoft
dc165
3/23/17
Once they get your money, don't expect any level of service or sensible response from anyone that works at this company. A complete shambles from top to bottom. They are far from experts on anything e-commerce, they literally don't have a clue. The system they provide is great in theory, but if anything goes wrong with it don't expect it to be fixed any time soon. Money will be lost and endless time wasted if you sign up to their platform
paulo140
9/22/16
Visualsoft are great at sales talk and showing you nice website examples. However once you sign up you are stuck with a website that ranks very poorly on Google and other search engine. This leave you have to spend enormous amounts of money on Pay Per Click adverts just to get in any sales at all. After 10 plus years trading we lost 80% of our online traffic since moving to VisualSoft . The company does not care about this and see greater reward in new sales. Beware of false 5 star review . If in doubt find your own current VisualSoft user and ask them of their own experiences.
adamp60
8/16/16
It all started so well at the back end of 2015. Site designed and approved, everything looked good, had one point of contact, made it very easy.

Unfortunately the day after agreeing everything the gentlemen left and that's were the trouble started.

We were asked to send over information we had received as this was stored on the gentlemens laptop which they didn't have access too. Very good of Visualsoft management to let information be stored locally rather than on a central server.

After this staff started rotating like you wouldn't believe. I can't count how many members of staff we have been through over just a period of 6-9 months. However this was the least of our issues.

We decided we would take out a social management and SEO service all be it quite expensive. We asked if we could start the services once we had gone live (This ended up being in May this year) but lone behold they started straight away. We were at this point promised a Q1 plan...to this day we have never received this.

Problems then further escalated as work was 2 to 3 months behind and yet we were being charged the full £1800. Once we complained they seemed to sort out the issue after blaming Christmas for the delay, of course we expect a week or 2 but 3 months!! After a while work was being delayed again and not passed over to be signed off, it was at this point we asked to cancel all services immediately after our 6 month contract. It was at this point we made it really clear that we were extremely unhappy as work was constantly delayed and wasn't completed.

After several calls and asking them to cancel it was agreed with Ed that we could have our last month free for all the inconvenience we had. At this point it wasn't to bad as we knew we'd get our last month free and then the service would stop...but ow no, this is were the fun really started.

After 12 or so phone calls we were told that it needed to be in writing, this to our amazement was beyond a joke, after many phone calls and telling many members of staff that we wished to cancel, we were never told it had to be in writing. Taking the biscuit even further, the service continued through until June which we are currently being charged for along with May which was meant to be free, we're now £2700 out of pocket, the worst thing is that we have not even signed off any work from May onward.

To finally put the nail in the coffin, the invoices were taken out of dispute cause no one had any idea what they had agreed to...as James has kindly put it below, the lie and go back on their word. We have now been put on hold so can't access the admin panel after the invoices have come out of dispute just over a week ago, no curtsy call to let us know, nothing!!

I could go on and on about many other issues but theirs so many, including being quoted £99 to do 5 minutes work which I had done on our sister site with in 5/10 minutes.

Please don't use this company, please find a company that provide good customer service, it's priceless at the end of the day.

Just maybe...just maybe I might get a call after this but I won't hold my breath.

All I can say is that we came from Magento to Visualsoft and it was the best thing we ever did. I would never go back to Magento and all the issues we had with it, do not jump from Visualsoft as I believe it to be far better than Magento. John K and K

By John M.
Questions? Get answers from the Visualsoft staff and other customers.

Visualsoft?