Review of Roaman’s

Indianapolis, IN 46283-8320
Tel: 800-459-1025

juliew306
5/23/19

I have been a loyal customer for over fifteen years. They took my return, sent a letter saying they would credit my card back but did not. when I called they said it would be a credit instead and I could use any time. When I went to use it, they said it was gone. They don't keep records anymore and there was no way to find it. I know that is not true because people audit businesses all the time to make sure their books are right. I wrote the company asking for my $175 dollars. Not even the courtesy of a reply. Don't count on them to honor their word.

nadynel
3/19/19

I bought and received an order on 11/29/18. The shoes I bought did not fit (size 8 - and I am a STANDARD size 8). No problem. "Free Returns and Exchanges" - right? NOPE.

I returned them immediately (probably very early December for EXCHANGE). Today, (it is 3/19/19) I received my DANG ORIGINAL ORDER BACK!!!! It's been FOURTEEN WEEKS!!!! Included was this note "Return Old/Damaged Merch. to Customer".

I NEVER WORE THE stupid SHOES. I tried them on, stood up and WAY too tight. Took them off and put them into the original packing - sent them off within a couple DAYS.

As others have said - there is and will never be ANY satisfaction from this company. I will NEVER buy from them again. I've bought for years with issues then too, but "let it go".

I now have two pair of shoes that I cannot wear and I've been charged for postage back and forth. I HATE this non-service. The company is disgusting. I say this because I returned things two other times and never heard a word from them: NOTHING. I was too busy to follow through, so this time, when I sent these back, I wrote in HUGE letters EXCHANGE everywhere. Still never heard a dam word until FOURTEEN WEEKS later when I get my return package BACK.

HATE THIS COMPANY. NEVER NEVER BUY FROM THEM. This is so SAD because I have bought things I can use and have enjoyed. I've also bought a couple things that fell apart. Since I rarely complain, I never said a word about those. I just chalked it up to "experience" and was more careful with future orders.

Tip for consumers: Check all reviews of each item first. NEVER RETURN A THING - NEVER RETURN ANYTHING. Make sure you want it. DO NOT ORDER SHOES or anything that "might not fit right".

sams596
3/8/19

I ordered a swimdress, and clearly did not research the reviews prior, which was clearly a HUGE mistake. I received a men's plaid shirt. I called to get the correct item shipped, and I was told I had to exchange the current item first, which could take up to 3 weeks or pay again and they would credit me once the shirt was returned. After telling them to just refund me because I'm not waiting that long, they told me I had to return the $24 shirt first(my swimdress was $66).This was a huge inconvenience since this wasn't my mistake and a waste of my time to ship something I never ordered. After talking to a crappy supervisor they agreed to refund me the full amount with shipping, but they needed the shirt back within 30 days. So I agreed, but I have only received the refund for the item. I told them I'm not sending the item back until I receive the full refund since that was the deal. They keep replying saying that the refund was processed for the shipping. It is still not on my card or PayPal account. This is a HORRIBLE company, and I'm not sure how they stay in business. The supervisor straight up told me my item was probably shipped to the person who ordered the shirt and of course the company has problems or she wouldn't have a job.

tracyg141
12/8/18

Ordered a 10 pack of high cotton briefs in October, they did not arrive with the shipment. Called was told they were on back order until 11.28.18. Called today and was told the order was cancelled. Item is still back ordered till 12.28.18 now. They can reinstate the order at their 'best price' which is more than the original price. They have the worst customer service. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

nadinea14
11/15/18

I purchased the Glam-Embellished Maxi Tunic, $59.99, on 8/3/18, a Denim shirt with jewels on the upper half of it. I inspected the shirt when I received it, tried it on, it fit and I liked it. I did not wear the shirt until today (11/15/18) and at least 10 of the jewels have fallen off of it. I called the company to inform them & they said there was nothing they could do because they have a 60 day return policy. I requested to speak to a supervisor, who told me the same thing. He said I could order & PAY for another one, but he could not take this one back. This shirt is defective and this company should stand behind their clothing, regardless of their 60 day return policy, especially since this was the first time I wore the item.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM ROAMAN'S ONLINE CLOTHING SITE!

robinh243
10/16/18

I have previously purchased many items from Roaman's. This time around I ordered a bra, which ended up being too small. I sent it back within the 60-day return window, however it got sent back to me. Initially talked to one customer service rep who said no problem, they would send me a new return label via email, Didn't receive the email so called back a day or two later. This time I get a song and dance about leaving two weeks for them to receive the item back and process in. Nothing on my invoice mentioned anything about leaving a two week period from them to process. Just states the item needs to be returned within 60 days. Spoke to a supervisor who was incredibly rude and simply stated "no exceptions" and "we can't print every single thing about returns on the invoice.
I will never spend another dollar with them.

melissar247
10/4/18

I called and inquired about an order that I wanted to return. I told them I knew that it was pass their 60 day return policy and I would take a credit if I needed to and was told that it would not be a problem. I shipped it back one month ago and have not heard anything from them. I called "Customer Service" and over 30 minutes later I was too they had shipped it back to me 2 days ago, they said they changed their policy in September and that there was NOTHING they would do about it. The most unhelpful company I have ever dealt with.

nancys515
9/20/18

First time buyer...didn't know what to expect...ordered 2 weeks ago..GOT ALL MY CLOTHING TODAY..PERFECT FIT. Super fast delivery. Will shop here again! Very pleased.

lynnk90
6/26/18

I Place and order with Romans on May 8th everything was fine then received a email saying half of the items were back orders two weeks
Then another one stating that the back order was now going to be 2 months later than original!!! NEVER AGAIN!! HORRIBLE SERVICE

amyh220
4/18/18

I ordered a dress for a wedding. When the order arrived it was someone elses order in the package and not my dress. I called CS expecting that they would apologize and immediately send me MY order. To my shock, the girl told me it would take 3-4 days before my credit would go through so that they could recharge me again. What the hell?????!!!!!! The only way I could get my CORRECT order sent was to open a credit card through them that they could charge my already PAID FOR DRESS. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

claudiac65
2/25/18

I have tried unsubscribing and it won't let me. What an awful company to deal with!!! I keep getting emails for Plus sized clothing and I am a 6! So very aggravating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christines167
2/2/18

Very unhappy with ther after customer care and will never shop there again.Bought a coat on the 21/12/17/bought a size bigger so i could wear thick clothing underneath
Coat had plenty of room but hence lining was to tight all inside split seemed wrong size linning had been used /returned to shop were Staff member stated it was my fault i should have sat down in the coat before buying never had to complete this procedure before on buying a coat
i was left feeling quite bewildered , Complained to customer care who stated coulldnt help,i am to take this matter futher as very bad customer after care
Chris S

nickyj2
12/20/17

I have ordered from Romans going on about 2 years now love the clothing ,just recently I was approved for a credit card great just in time for holiday so I'm waiting for card to come in mail never got it when I called I was told oh card was sent it was returned I asked what address they sent it to an address I lived at more than 3 years ago don't even know how they would have gotten address ok so I spoke with their rotten customer service thought we had issue resolved got card in mail @ the correct address I ordered a couple items as Christmas gifts guess what the package was sent to old address and I will not have my items in time for Christmas I have spoken to 2 sups all they cam say to me is if you have another card we can re order items for you where am I getting another 170.00 from a week before Christmas finally got a number to executive communications it's nothing but a voice mail promising a call back within 24 hours it's now going on 36+ hours still no call back and still no item's or account refunded this is the worst experience I've had with customer service and the whole time I talked to 1st sup she kept trying to blame for their incompetency

marianc18
12/12/17

I had ordered 2 clearance tops.....one light blue and one black. After using my coupon the shirts came to $4.99 each. A week or so later they had a white one that they hadn't shown before just like the other two. I called and ordered it and explained I had two other colors but white was not one of the colors. The coupon was expired but the rep talked to her manager over her and came back and said they would honor $4.99 on the white one.. She said she would put a message on the order to make sure. Well they charged me $11. 99 I called today and spoke with Grace and she said it was a misunderstanding. It was not a misunderstanding. It was a lie unless they call me back and explain the problem. Which they did not do.
I was honest and I expected for them to follow through. :(

joyceg47
11/9/17

Ordered 3 dresses, of which 1 was completely Different than what was ordered. The customer service person told me they sent what I ordered. A complete LIE. What they sent was straight dress with a child-like blouse. What I ordered was the beaded jacket dress which was boldly flared and fringed like hem. Never again will I shop here. Dresses are hard to find in stores these days. But go to stores like Sears, Macys, ect.

virginiab41
9/29/17

I was really happy to find some shoes that I thought would get me through the winter. I have short fat feet. An 8.5 slips off my heel and a W is too narrow. I ordered several pairs of shoes in 8WW and they are more narrow than the W that I've tried in any store. Shoes are heavy! Now I need to return them and pay for the shipping myself; AND, they do not include their shipping fees in the refund. Very disappointed and will never order from them again! Basically spending more than $25, for NOTHING!

kata166
9/28/17

Horrible service. Romans doesn't conduct its business with its tenants best interest in mind. It is all about money. After renting a property with them I feel that I was only being used. They have failed me several times in particular by sending the wrong documents and trying to charge me more than agreed. I have been renting for a few years now and Romans is by far the worst agency I have dealt with.

janetl75
9/20/17

I saw a beautiful blouse on the front cover of their magazine. I ordered it based on the sizing charts. It was backordered for the longest time. It finally arrived and was way too small. So I tried to order it in another size. Well they had 22w, which is what I ordered; I thought maybe I would try a 24w; no, the next size up was a 28w. That would be way too big. How can you not have sizes in between? So now I ask the rep on the phone how much my refund will be, as that I'm disappointed because of everything, and that I really wanted the blouse. It's 7.50 to return the item. Yet, had it happened in October, the return would be free. So, I tell the rep how disappointed I am and that I would never buy anything again, or recommend their company, and I was hung up on.

kimberlyt42
8/18/17

I'm so mad right now. They pulled the old credit card and also charged my credit card. Do u think they could get this through their heads that I'll only pay once for my products. I have called every day and not one person has helped me. I told them on my last call that I'm sending it all back and will never order again.

mariec121
8/3/17

I thought this companies' clothing was cute at first then I get my delivery and I was so disappointed. Nothing you get looks like what is advertised online. The material is usually always cotton and some of the items advertised look more silky or polyester. My size is usually a 14/16 but some items came in and were long and huge on me. My bra was squeaking all day and it's under wire free? How is it making noises? It was so itchy and uncomfortable and my mom's slippers I bought for her came out of the package with a hole in them? I can't wait to pay off my card and close them down. Just go to lane Bryant or JC Penney from now on.

carolp115
8/2/17

I will never shop at Roman's again! The advertisement on the catalog stated that with a $25 order you would receive a roller-bag. I ordered a loungewear set on sale for $19.99 and a pair of slippers that were on sale for $9.99. The order exceeded the $25 requirement and I applied the promo code for the roller-bag and it was accepted via the online order form. I received my order today sans the roller-bag. I called Roman's to inquire about the roller-bag and the customer service representative informed me that loungewear and sale items were not eligible for the roller-bag. I stated that I did not see any disclaimers in the catalog or on the online order form and I asked if there was there anything she could do. She spoke to her supervisor twice on my behalf, but the supervisor refused to do anything for me. The only reason I ordered from Roman's was to get the free roller-bag. Had I known the items I ordered were excluded from the promotion, I would not have ordered those items. Now, I will never order from them again!

elysef1
7/17/17

This is the worse company I have a credit card with. They screw you over. No I'm paying for something I don't even have. Run from this company DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!! I had to give a rating to bad they don't have 0.

sherralt
6/19/17

My order arrived today. I tried my stuff on and it was perfect. I don't pretend what size I am, I am going to jump on and order more stuff. Perfect.

lanap9
6/2/17

I'm a size 16. Normally that translates to a 1x. I purchased three(3) summer crinkle maxi dresses. They look exactly like pictured in advertisements. Problem #1. These maxi dresses are SO long (floor length), I had to have them hemmed up 6". #2. I am swimming in theses dresses. Fact is, 1x is more like a 2x. Sizing is way off. # 3. Material is so thin, it's transparent. Love the style- hate THEIR dresses. In order to wear these, I will need to layer or wear a slip under AND have the whole damn thing altered. Never, ever again will I purchase a solitary thing from Roamans.

wendyh93
3/26/17

Really loved the several items after waiting WEEKS to get them. Looked great and was so happy until I washed them. Received several compliments and ordered more stuff. Then.. the blouses, even after only delicate wash and hung to dry, pilled up. The 3 sweaters, again even though I treated them with kid gloves, instantly pilled and looked terrible after 2-3 washes. One of them was dyed and became spotted after a single wash. Quality was horrible. So sad as I loved the styles but never again. One or two items, but EVERY item I bought was unwearable to work within a month or two.

Good question! I have never heard of such a thing. My suggestion would be to call customer service from your card account and ask if this is common practice and request an explanation.

By Carolyn H.

Questions? Get answers from the Roaman’s staff and other customers.

Roaman’s?