Review of Ring

Tel: +1(800) 656-1918
help@ring.com

brandonr265
6/13/19

This camera is bull$#*! the zoom sucks can't even tag a license plate 15ft away! Also the extra 50$ solar panel only extends battery life 2-3 extra days. And not to mention you need to purchase a undisclosed plan to be able to save events for any period of time which is also not mentioned. False advertisement laws should shut them down. I am contacting the Better Buusiness bureau for sure

jenniferd525
6/13/19

Cameras and apps are nice but if you want to see ANYTHING that isn't live and right now you cannot without paying a monthly fee. So after you have already spent the money for the products you have to keep paying just to use them. My husband didnt do his research or I would have went with a different system like Arlo that keeps things for a week without charging you. Its ridiculous. I could just get an alarm company. I would pay about the same. Very disappointed with that. It's like buying the products all over again just to have proper use and be able to look at something from an hour ago. Shame on you Ring. I know the Arlo system doesn't do that.

praving14
6/12/19

The video doorbell stops working as soon as conversation starts. Then it goes blank. The complete purpose of the video doorbell is defeated.
This video doorbell is needed when we are away from home. The technical expert at Ring cannot do anything about it since I am away. Sir, I need it when I am away not when I am home.

evelynm100
6/9/19

Door bell stopped working and people could not hear me speak. Now it will not give me my events or recorded videos.

steven159
6/8/19

So very disappointed with the incompetence of their warehouse. 10 days after purchasing 2 cameras and I called asking why they had not been shipped. I was told that they had not left the warehouse yet and they were having problems with the warehouse not getting orders shipped out. As I am leaving the country for a few weeks and not able to sign for them I wanted to cancel the order. I was told I could not do that. The package will be left on your doorstep for 3 weeks while your gone. Even after telling them that I will instruct Fedex to return to sender they still insist that they cannot cancel the order. Wow! Really? You are going to pay Fedex to deliver a package that you know will be returned. Brilliant! Wasting money like that comes out of your next raise.

julieg308
6/7/19

I have a Ring doorbell and a spotlight cam with solar "charger". First off, the solar "charger" is a joke - I was told it would charge the camera and keep batteries charged -- NOPE! Then they tell me the battery is draining because I have "too much movement" on the camera. Oh ok. Doorbell is so delayed and sometimes doesn't notify at all. It will catch a car driving by the house, but won't catch someone walking up my driveway and standing at my door! Customer service blamed my wifi, which I know is not true. Customer service also picks and chooses what emails they reply to. I am now looking into what to replace my Ring devices with. Anything has to be better!

johnm2954
6/4/19

Constantly disconnecting! We have plenty of high speed internet and yet this keeps disconnecting and you have to get the screwdriver out and dismantle it to get it to reconnect to the internet. Well when you are out of town or away on vacation that just isn't too convenient!!! We have a back up alarm to the house that works and we will be going with their outside visual camera. They need to have a way to reset Ring other than having to be home to do it. Junk and really disappointed..:(

balis2
6/4/19

Buy the time your phone will connect to Ring, the person who rung the bell will have left.
Defeats the purpose of having Ring in the first place. There are better devices out there that connect instantly !!!!!!!

williams1270
5/31/19

Today Thursday 5-30-2019 West Covina Police Department posted a feed also known as a BOLO regarding an arrest and the suspects had thus ring and they are attempting to locate the owner. Being retired from law enforcement and a Detective in Burglary Specialist I placed the BOLO on the Ring. Immediately, I received an email from the Ring Community stated it will not be posted. It did not meet the guidelines. With that being said I contacted Techinical Service. I spoke to the representative Aaron who was exceptional in listening g and understanding the frustration of someone in the department did understand what a BOLO is. Aaron did everything in his power and he related that his colleagues are not going to place the Police BOLO because it violates policy. I asked if they can speak to me so I can understand their policy and reasoning. I have an extensive background in Detective investigations and I wanted to ask their expertise. Unfortunately, they would not place the BOLO. So with that. being said, I canceled my annual membership with the Ring and I will take down the Ring and use another company. It is very unfortunate that the Ring and their customer support has gone so low. Just want to share that they think it is important to post a video of a coyote running across a lawn versus when Police is asking for the community help! Wow

chrism976
5/30/19

In my opinion this is unfair.. ring app always crashes . PERIOD. I have about 10 cameras and the price was fair but reliability is a joke. All of a sudden your dogs are going crazy.,you sign in.....Crash. it's not my phone. There is a reason there is so many used on ebay. Please step up.

georgem685
5/30/19

I had for two years a Ring doorbell. Worked well. Then they updated software and problems began. Finally purchased a new one from them. It's worse! When it does connect to my very good WiFi, it drops off after a few hours. Now it can't even get to the point of trying to connect. Hours with their phone support has resulted in nothing. Horrible!

alicen31
5/30/19

It's useless. Someone rings the bell, I go to answer, it tells me can't connect right now. Picks up every damn car going by, but won't pick up a person on my porch. I'm hoping Blink will come out with something soon, so I can get rid of this piece of junk.

manojk63
5/30/19

Please note that we had set up a video doorbell around 3 months back. Since day one the device has not been operating well to its optimum.

The problem that we are facing are as follows.

1. Sometimes the bell rings and at times it does not. Now sure why?? The internet speed is quite good at the villa (80 Mbps). The blue light on the doorbell keeps rotating with no action.

2. The installed screen inside the villa gives a notification whenever someone rings the bell. Can we get rid of the notification and have a simple step whereby the user can speak to the person by pressing the Green button or to reject the Red one. I hope this feature is available in your app or the device. The notification is quite annoying and delays the process.

3. We also want the calls to work well on the mobiles so when the client is away.

We have sent an email to help@ring.com and despite receiving a few setting changes from the team the problem continue and does not work.

The bell does not serve the purpose and is very slow to respond when the bell is rung. There is relay gap for the video to appear on the screen despite having a good internet speed.

jamesp894
5/29/19

At first it worked great then lost it's signal and for there we couldn't get it to re connect and the button on top was so easy for someone to press and cause you to lose your connection we had to send it back.. Disappointed.

sj173
5/29/19

Piece of crap.
When someone posts a picture you cannot see the full picture. Been this way for years. Worthless.
Also 50% of the posts are by illiterate morons.

salima17
5/25/19

Never properly worked. Had several visitors who rang the bell, but never got a ring on the chimes nor in the app despite a very strong WiFi signal, fully charged batteries, etc. Worthless.

lour45
5/22/19

Got camera as Christmas gift. Called for help because it picks up everything but not in a timely manner.
Alarms when it snows
Alarms when it is cold
Alarms when it rains.
Alarms wit road traffic even when sensitivity turned to lowest.
Notifications of activity were 5 to 10 minutes after actual activity.
I ried to return and was told because I had it for 65 days no refund available. On Feb 7 I was given a return address. I sent it FedEx. Never heard from them since.
Will never recommend any of their products.
My son is out the $300 for the unit.
PS I live in Western Mass.

nickm295
5/16/19

The connectivity on the App is awful. I have two cameras which makes it worse. Moving from one to the other usually results in not being able to connect. Also the motion sensing is ridiculous. I have it set as minimal as possible and every single animal that walks by trips the camera. When the wind blows the grass to hard (no lie) it trips the camera. We get a handful of notifications every single night due to stray cats...When someone delivers a package to my front door, by the time i get to it they are at the driveway camera, I switch to the driveway camera and by the time I actually get it to connect, the person has left. Most frustrating thing I have ever bought. 2 cameras $450......Oh! Issues installing both cameras..

michaelj606
5/13/19

Total joke of a company. Just buy a webcam and leave your doorbell intact.a totally useless product that they fail to inform u during their glorious ads that it costs $30 a year or it doesn't work.biggest scam yet.

als179
5/12/19

Cal;ling it "Help" is a joke. Worse than you could possible imagine. Really regret getting the Ring!!!!!!!!!

annac266
5/7/19

Everyday we after shoot down the electric power for resetting the ring doorbell back again.... waste of money

maryb1059
4/29/19

I have tried for a week to get in touch with a live person at Ring customer service. I don't think there are any live people working there.

ps310
4/28/19

We bought this system for our home thinking we would have a piece of mind when we aren't home BOY! Was i wrong. We spent over a 1000 dollars for a system that gives me more stress then anything. HERE ARE THE ISSUES THAT WE HAVE!!!

1. Unable to connect when motion alert.
2. Frizzes and unable to see what is going on.
3. Unable to correspond through voice speaker.
4. We have people knocking on my door and camera does not pick them up.
5. Battery dies fast constantly recharging them.

HORRIBLE!!!

We have called so many times to resolve theses issues spending more money and still not working!!!! YES WE HAVE VERY GOOD WIFI.

philc121
4/27/19

I spent several hours to install Ring. Good luck trying to match door magnets. You have to match each connection based on indent in both connectors. Apparently, if you have a security package, you can ignore scanning bar code but added options required scanning. Very confusing. The instructions are useless. So, be patient and seek on line support. Of course on line chat support is difficult at best. I experienced five minutes between chats. Overall, I will continue to try but first expression is very poor. Keeping boxes to return if needed.

kathys485
4/19/19

I've had my Ring door bell for a year it wasn't until I deleted my credit card from my account that I was contacted by Ring via email to please place a credit card on the account.
It wasn't until this email that I remembered going through the whole year of misery with the Ring when I would get notified it took over one minute to connect or even sometimes I would get an error message could not connect.
PLEASE DELETE YOUR CREDIT CARD FROM YOUR ACCOUNT BEFORE YOU ARE CHARGED FOR ANOTHER YEAR.
I finally called today to be more disappointed I explained to the customer service Zack my experience for the whole and he was able to connect to my system and said I had a faulty Ring and in order to replace it I would have to give them a credit card I said no I paid for my unit in cash if its faulty just replace it he says if you don't give a credit I could send my unit to them leaving exposed wires with no door bell and they would send me the new one in about a week or so.
By the time you get connected to the ring after a notification who ever god forbid wants to commit a robbery or malice will get away with it Because Ring does a terrible job of connecting and protecting you and your family.
All they want is your credit card once they have it you are of no use to them unless you PLEASE CANCEL that credit card.

Most annoying product ever. Doesn't work but almost does. This makes you constantly fool with it thinking you maybe possibly actually got it to do something similar to what they advertise. But in the end you will be back to square one with a pricey piece of crap! Then after hrs of listening to customer services b.s. you realize you've been had. But it doesn't end there. You end up on sites like this trying to help others from making the same mistake. And trying to figure out when this hell will end!

By Tom p.

It does not work the way it is presented on T.V. The inability to immediately respond "LIVE" to an event renders it useless.

By - -.

Hi Vince, Great question! Once your 30 day free trial period expires, you'll still receive real-time video alerts on your smartphone that you can view once answered, as well as have access to Live View. You will not be able to view/download any past recordings without subscribing to one of the Protect Plans. Click here for more information on Ring Protect Plans. https://shop.ring.com/pages/protect-plans Thank you, Kandyce K., Neighbor Satisfaction Manager Kandyce@ring.com

By Kandyce K., Ring Representative

You can do everything the Ring product does with standard IP Cameras, and more. But you do need to be a bit more tech savvy to install it and set it up, with an App on your phone which is not as slick as the Ring one. I've done it, and when one of my cameras failed (after 5 years) I bought Ring on the back of seeing their advertising. Not a good choice.

By J D.

I think it's The camera lens problem. Because it's not clear even at daytime

By Jesse l.

You need to write sentences that make sense. But it wont fix your Ring installation.

By J D.

The doorbell will capture a video of the incident or intruder, which you can use to file a police report.

By Kandyce K., Ring Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Ring staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Ring