Review of Picaboo

Redwood City, CA 94065
Tel: 888-374-7771

jessicas666
8/16/19

This company are total scam artists. The costs of your albums are never given until the very end when you check out. I created 3 books with them and it ended up totally more than $350 USD (not including shipping!! which was an extra $30). When I contacted the company about why I couldn't use two separate vouchers, they were extremely unhelpful and said because they offer such "great discounts" with these vouchers they can't allow people to combine them. Great discounts when you are already paying out the ass? Not so great

Do NOT work with this company! This company scams you (especially if you are from out of the US). The deals sounds too good to be true, because they are. They don't tell you until AFTER you have redeemed your voucher at checkout that you have gone over the page limit. They totally overprice their shipping (up to $30 for a single book). Just a garbage company.

kenk222
8/9/19

I received my photo album and one month later the pages started to come a part. I wrote to them and my emails are being ignored.

markb241
6/20/19

I've used Picaboo for seven years. Although in the past there have been annoying issues with various browsers not working at different times, I have stayed with them because i have liked their product. They are currently in their second revam of their software. The last time was a bad experience. Crashes, lost project updates and lockups. Now thay have another software to generate projects. Obviously no quality control whatsoever. Lockups, crashes, photos not being uploaded. Have had several sessions with their technical support. They all profess that they are not aware of any issues with their product. How can this be true, given the problems I have had for the last two weeks? I recommend going anywhere else, given the non-functioning new software and the total degregation of the older software. I have several vouchers that I will try to use with their old software, as I'm willing to struggle a bit, rather than give them my money for nothing. I'm willing to come back, but not until they fix their project software. I will create a project that I may or may not want to purchase as a "test" of whether they fix their current hot mess of a program. It's a pity, they were my go to for years.

stephr20
6/15/19

I created a pillow with my grandparents picture on it as a gift for my mom for Mother's Day . When I was delivered it was blank ruined everything. I was so hurt. Don't waste your time and money. Complete BS. Thanks but no thanks!

carolynv26
6/7/19

All the hours I spent ended in less than perfect results because of the poor editing tool when creating photo books. Very difficult to navigate, hard to make corrections in text. Customer service was not as promised with 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Very disappointed with their customer care.
Find another company that's easier to deal with. I can see many others were not happy with them either.

thomase140
5/28/19

I would never buy from them they say 100% Satisfied and if you're not Satisfied they tell you to go pound sand they suck no refunds

rosev37
3/25/19

This website is impossible to navigate to just order simple prints from your phone. It directs you to their app to upload pictures, and then you can't upload pictures without starting a project on the website. It's the most useless website and I'm annoyed for purchasing a voucher at a fundraiser and not being able to utilize it to order prints. You cannot upload pictures from your phone, you need a computer to do so (per the customer service rep), and all of my pictures, and probably everyone else on this planet, are on my phone not on my computer. This website is awful and I wasted money purchasing a voucher that I'll never use. I'll stick to snapfish and any other app that actually allows you to upload pics from your phone.

debbier18
1/31/19

Easy to make and they look great! They have a real variety of stickers and color/texture of pages. So fun!

Tip for consumers: As anything that is personal I give extra time for delivery

coreya37
1/31/19

My wife and I have used them for our engagement and wedding day shoots, and the several years we have been married. They have always had great customer service every time I have contacted them. Shipping isn't the fastest, but I am not expecting "prime" shipping like some. We will continue to use for our yearly photo book!

evem46
12/19/18

Ordered photos 12/4 for w delivery date 12/18. Just found out Picaboo contracts with Fed Shxxpost to deliver. Shxxpost subcontracts w USPS and once delivered to USPS will not garantee deleivery or delivery date. My photos are now due to arrive 12/26 ( if at all)
I have used picaboo in the past and will not use them in the future if they contract their shipping out and cannot garantee delivery.

kristinal38
12/12/18

I am so fed up with this company. I placed an order on Nov. 26th for 5 mini books. These books hold my finance and my engagement photos that we wanted to give to our grandparents and god parents for Christmas. I got a notification that on Dec. 4th these items shipped. Since Dec. 4th... my order has been sitting as "pre-shipment." I tried calling 3 times (Spoke with a Sarah, Jesse and Andy). I also chatted online with a Harrison! No one can help me. They all keep telling me that they are waiting to hear back from the shipping team. Sarah allegedly emailed them yesterday. HOW IN OFFICIANT - YOU DON'T GIVE THESE PEOPLE THEIR DIRECT NUMBER??!?!?!?! They have to wait to hear back via email. Not to mention over 24 hours at least (Because I still haven't received a response) to get a response... This literally makes your customer support team useless...

Not to mention what pissed me off the most, talking to Andy this morning around 9AM central time, after he not being able to help me, I ask to speak to a manger. He argued on the phone with me for a good 5 minutes and wouldn't let me speak to his manager... After he placed me on hold, he came back and still wouldn't transfer me... What kind of company is this, is this some sort of SCAM you people are trying to run!!!!

I have received terrible customer service and I'm beyond pissed that your 'Customer service reps' treat my order like it isn't worth their time...

babab4
12/9/18

We use Picaboo every year since they seem to be the only one that has something like Cards for Causes where they would donate 100% to charity (on giving Tuesday). Sadly every year the "estimated shipping" is off. You call customer support and they refund you the cost of shipping, but that doesn't make up for the late xmas card delivery. Mine is so far 4 days after the shipping date and it shows still "in production." This is ridiculous. I'm not sure why they can't fix the supply chain issue. This will be our last year doing this. I'll just donate to a cause separately.

lucyt48
12/6/18

I ordered my Christmas cards on 11/26/18 and paid for rush delivery. I used a Living Social deal. Was given an Estimated delivery date of 12/3/18, that way I have time to mail cards overseas. As of 12/06 the order is still "in production". I chatted online 12/03/ with customer service (as I couldn't find a #) who said there was a delay and they couldn't tell me when my order would be shipped. They refunded my rush delivery charge but the point is if you give someone an ESTIMATED delivery I would expect it within 2 days. Horrible
customer service without any actual help or information.
This is my first and last time I will order from them.

rau
12/6/18

I ordered Christmas cards that were to be delivered by 12/05. As of 12/06 they are still in the production stage with no information on when they be completed and ready to ship. Terrible customer service that feeds a bunch of canned lines without any actual help or information. I will never order anything from them again.

es98
11/30/18

The site is Sloooow. Editing a project takes ages.
But the worst is that they are totally unreliable. I hope for you that you are reading this before choosing them - their shipping system is horrendous. All the big company ship international priority within a week. With them it's 3, if you are lucky, and you pay 37$ for terrible service! Disappointing. I will never use them again.

billm470
11/28/18

I have produced with the help of APPLE many wonderful photo story books. I gave picaboo a try because someone gave me a free book card. (It wasn't free by the way it still cost money). I found the program they use to put a book together at home was complicated, slow and would allow me to upload all the pictures I wanted to put into the book. I was not allowed to add written commentary and the product was delayed because of a postal strike. The product is much less than I thought possible. The pictures appear grainy and dim, the backgrounds are cheesy . I am so disappoint. Won't EVER use Picaboo again for anything. ZERO!!!!! I will have to redo the vacation book with a company that knows what it's doing. STAY AWAY FROM PICABOO!!!

patv22
10/3/18

I have ordered over 50 photo books from Picaboo and each one is amazing!! I started ordering from Picaboo over 8 years ago and found them to have the best quality of any other printing website on the internet. Picaboo's program is easy to use and allows you to use either pre-prepared templates or custom the books to meet your personal needs. This is a huge plus for me! For the price that you pay, it's the best deal in town, especially when you wait for their special offers. I usually have one or two books ready to go to send in as soon as they advertise "All extra pages free." Customer Service goes above and beyond in order to meet all of my concerns. I have only had one situation that needed to be solved and within 90 minutes of when I made my initial contact, a replacement book was being printed and on its way to my home. Shipping is fast and I have received each of my orders at least 3 days before the date that I was initially promised. Each printed page is clear and done extremely well. Working with Picaboo has been a very positive experience! Thank you, Picaboo, for giving me a means of "saving my memories"!

bl82
5/15/18

Horrible. Customer service is a joke. They want customers to PAY again when something is wrong with the yr book. They blame the school yearbook advisor for their website design flaws. Such a hassle.You might order and luck out but please know, if there is any type of issue, you will be 100% dissatisfied. Just look at the negative reviews.

marys807
4/27/18

Received a photo canvas as a gift. Picaboo did a horrible job, leaving a black line across the bottom and not calling it out. They are re-doing it BUT CHARGED FOR THE REPLACEMENT! Don't believe their "100% Satisfaction Guarantee." It is a lie.

beccam26
3/23/18

This is my 4th year of using Picaboo for our yearbooks. Though I had great experiences with them before, this year has been a nightmare. The software will work for about 15 minutes, then it only works sporadically. I've spent about 12 hours doing what should normally take 3 or 4 hours. So disappointing.

andrewe56
12/24/17

I paid attention to their shipping deadlines, paid for rush priority shipping and the day before Christmas discovered my photo books are still in production and will not arrive by Christmas for gifts. I've used Picaboo for a number of years, good quality books, but this will be the last year I use them.

mm347
12/20/17

I really like your product. (once I actually receive my order) However, the rest of the service is making me question this decision. Production and Shipping are never what the website states. There is no communication beyond an email confirmation of the order. My order was placed Dec 10. The website stated it was still in production as of Dec 19 (even though when I ordered production was only to take 3 days) The order should have shipped out on the 14th as the website stated. I called customer service to learn the status of my order, Tuesday, Dec 19. I was told it would be sent overnight that day. I should receive it Wednesday, Dec 20. (Even though she initially told me she wasn't sure why it didn't ship on Dec 14 as it 'should have') The email I received stating my order finally shipped, says it won't arrive until end of day Thursday, by 8pm, Dec 21. Where's the customer service of simply doing what you say you will do?!?
PS. I know it is December; communication is key. Don't make promises you have no intention of keeping.
Side Note: This isn't the first time. My most recent two orders were not produced or shipped within the time frame promised.
I suggest if ordering from this company, make sure you have plenty of time, as the time frame stated, is not even an estimate.

samanthac118
12/18/17

I ordered photo books in Dec 4, 2017 to be shipped a week before Christmas and paid $200 for rush shipping. On the date they should have been delivered, I had not received any tracking information. I called customer support, and they said that books were still in production and had no idea when they would be finished and shipped. I got refunded $200 in shipping costs, at the very least. These were Christmas gifts and now they wont be in on time! They said delivery dates were just an estimation - event though they charge you those hefty shipping costs.

heathero30
11/25/17

I have spent so many hours trying to do a photobook on the Beta software. It is full of bugs and is constantly crashing (yes, I meet all the system requirements, I checked). It has been so frustrating and I am pulling out my hair. It took me so long to do anything (1 layout, hours), that I could not get it done in time before the voucher expired. They said they would extend it, but did not. Not happy with customer service at all. Never again.

katiep64
10/10/17

I also must be part of the minority that actually likes Picaboo, but I have never had a problem with them and actually had a great customer service experience with them. I've ordered books from them in the past and two Christmases ago, I created a scrapbook for my mom/aunt who visited me in Italy. The one for my aunt was going to be a Christmas gift. The book ordered maybe a week or so before Christmas and had a printing error of some sort-there were white blotches printed on some of the pages. All Picaboo asked for me to do was send a picture of what it looked like so they could forward it to the right department and they overnight shipped two more books (what I originally purchased) and didn't require me to send back the misprinted ones. So not only did I have the new book in time for Christmas, it was also completely hassle-free to me. As far as their prices- I think the books are amazing quality so you get what you pay for. Their website/vouchers also CLEARLY STATE that you cannot combine coupons so the people who are very pissed off should've taken the time to educate themselves first. I also like the ease of using the website- a ton of different layouts to choose from, great background options, stickers, etc. I travel/scrapbook a lot and I will 110% always use Picaboo!!

I bought the same Groupon and paid $7.43 for shipping

By Katie B.

Questions? Get answers from the Picaboo staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Picaboo