Review of Picaboo

Tel: 888-374-7771
info@picaboo.com

heathero30
11/25/17

I have spent so many hours trying to do a photobook on the Beta software. It is full of bugs and is constantly crashing (yes, I meet all the system requirements, I checked). It has been so frustrating and I am pulling out my hair. It took me so long to do anything (1 layout, hours), that I could not get it done in time before the voucher expired. They said they would extend it, but did not. Not happy with customer service at all. Never again.

katiep64
10/10/17

I also must be part of the minority that actually likes Picaboo, but I have never had a problem with them and actually had a great customer service experience with them. I've ordered books from them in the past and two Christmases ago, I created a scrapbook for my mom/aunt who visited me in Italy. The one for my aunt was going to be a Christmas gift. The book ordered maybe a week or so before Christmas and had a printing error of some sort-there were white blotches printed on some of the pages. All Picaboo asked for me to do was send a picture of what it looked like so they could forward it to the right department and they overnight shipped two more books (what I originally purchased) and didn't require me to send back the misprinted ones. So not only did I have the new book in time for Christmas, it was also completely hassle-free to me. As far as their prices- I think the books are amazing quality so you get what you pay for. Their website/vouchers also CLEARLY STATE that you cannot combine coupons so the people who are very pissed off should've taken the time to educate themselves first. I also like the ease of using the website- a ton of different layouts to choose from, great background options, stickers, etc. I travel/scrapbook a lot and I will 110% always use Picaboo!!

gmb2
8/27/17

I had previously bought a coupon ($20 for $60 value) and I wanted a photo book but I could not do it with the software. I spent hours assembling photos for it. The software crashed and I irretrievably lost all my collected photos. After that I wanted to have my coupon money back and asked for its return, now seven times. They ignore my request.
My previous photo book was technically very nice, but the software is treacherous, and the customer relations are just unacceptable. Do I try to go to court?

Voucher for $60 to spend on all products VQW6226415
Voucher Details
Redeem for $60 worth of products on Picaboo.com.
Valid for All Products, excluding Photographic Prints and Picaboo Yearbooks.
Pre-paid voucher allows you to Buy Now and Create Later.
Vouchers can be redeemed across multiple orders.
Vouchers cannot be combined with other discounts, vouchers or promotions.
Vouchers cannot be combined with each other (limit 1 voucher per order).
Promotional value ($40.00) expires on July 28, 2017 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.
Paid value of the voucher ($20.00) does not expire.
Tax and shipping not included.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this service. Their business model is crooked.

ivanm79
6/25/17

The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because the images on the book turned out a little bit brighter than what the software preview showed. Other than that, the feel, the look, and the pages thickness was extremely PRO! I chose the rush delivery and they didn't disappoint! I received it whithin a week.

tarag23
1/19/17

I've made photo books and calendars for my family for years and I've had the worst customer service experience with Picaboo I've ever had. I ordered calendars on December 12th and due to an addressing mistake, I still have not received those calendars on January 19th. I've contacted Picaboo four times, but is always like a brand new case. I've contacted the Post Office several times. There is no other company from whom I have received less concern about missing items. Buyer beware.

annes92
1/12/17

We have used Picaboo several times and are very pleased with the design tool and the quality of the printed books. Recently, Picaboo didn't ship out my order when they said they would and my books did not make it to my house before we left on vacation for Christmas -- even though I had paid for 2nd Day Shipping. I had to have a neighbor pick them up off my porch and overnight them to us before Christmas. The good news is that Picaboo refunded us both shipping charges. Because they made up for their mistake we will definitely use this company again.

allisonr17
12/14/16

This review is not based on the quality of books because I may never get them. I live in a city building with no doorman so I need to have all large packages delivered with FedEx or UPS because the drivers know to deliver in the evening. I emailed Picaboo and they said they ship FedEx. This is NOT true. They ship FedEx Smart Post which means they hand off your package to USPS. This adds 5-7 days to your delivery time and in my case does not work. Unless I take off of work I may never get my albums which were holiday gifts. I wish they were very clear that they do not really ship FedEx.

dianem101
12/12/16

I tried to change the shipping address (because the book I had just ordered took 10 days to arrive) and they would NOT change the shipping address even though the book was in production and hadn't shipped yet! Will NOT order from them again! I can understand if it was changing anything about the printing of the book, but the shipping address! Very poor customer service!!!

jz29
12/2/16

I always use Picaboo for my photobooks and have for years. I've also had good luck with using them for Christmas cards. I love how customizable it is. I love being able to put as many pictures or text where ever I want.

rosep42
2/17/16

I received an order of 156 prints and 3 8x10s, yesterday. While I waited for my order, I was interested in tracking it. However, this is the second order that I was unable to track, even when I looked at my order history.

When I received my order, I was grateful that my husband stopped our mailcarrier from bending the Picaboo envelope and pushing it in our mailbox, especially when I found that the envelope holding my order was a thin white envelope (not cardboard like other companies) and that there was only a handcut piece of cardboard, which had gotten slightly bent, itself, inside this envelope, to protect, in a minimal way, the 3 8x10s from bending. These large photos were not covered in any way or even protected from the smaller white envelope, placed on top, (which was wrinkled) holding the smaller photos. The thing that most surprised me was that the smaller photos had been trimmed. Although trimmed to the proper size, the trimmings, which were uneven sizes and lenghts, were left with the order, and were even mingled between photos. This is very unprofessional. I would have done a better job, myself, with packaging and presentation, and I'm not the owner of a large photo processing company. I will not be using Picaboo again.

michaeln69
1/13/16

We tried to use software to put together photobooks. Not only was it cumbersome to use, there was no way to sort pictures or an autofill feature (after the initial option). Stay away from Picaboo

jenniferf56
12/30/15

I made photo books for my mom and siblings for Christmas and they were a HIT! The printing was very crisp and vivid -- and the web application was easy to use. I love the redesign of the app! I also printed my Christmas cards through Picaboo this year. There were tons of great designs to choose from.

summerh9
12/21/15

Ordered my Christmas cards on 12/6 with expediting shipping preference (which I paid for). They were scheduled to be delivered between 12/11 & 12/16. On the 16th I called because they never arrived and my shipping tracking information was never updated. They agreed to reprint, expedite the processing and send next day air. It is 12/21 and I still have not receive them. My Christmas cards will now officially not make it out in time for Christmas even though I originally placed my order on the 6th. No offer to refund or credit me anything and believe me, I asked. I am shouting it from the virtual rooftops! Do not use Picaboo for your printing needs. I get that mistakes happen, but companies need to provide a better customer experience when they do. Never again, Picaboo!

tehsingn
12/20/15

i designed my Xmas cards and had a difficult time ordering the card. Customer service was very helpful but it took awhile. Because of the difficulty in submitting my order I checked it carefully to no avail it seems. Received my card where picture orientation was incorrect and I received someone else's envelopes with addresses on it.

nicolep50
12/13/15

They have horrible customer service and wouldn't let me edit my order 45 minutes after placing it! Ridiculous shipping fees as well!

joanneb38
12/7/15

I have used Picaboo for every photo book I have made. I travelled extensively for a year, and created books for all of my trips. I did read the reviews about the images appearing dark in the final product, so I lightened the pictures before printing to avoid that problem. The lay flat books are expensive, but I love the one that I made. I love their unlimited pages deals, as I have created a couple of these for my more extensive trips. As for the shipping costs and product arrival dates that people have complained about, if you look on the website, the costs and dates of product arrival are clearly indicated, so even though it might stink to pay for those costs (which aren't unreasonable), you can order or not with full information. Picaboo is easy to use, the options for page layout are as simple or as complicated as you wish for them to be, and the uploading of images takes a reasonable length of time (never hours!). My feeling is that the angry, dissatisfied customers have been enraged enough to write reviews, but happy customers that will continue to order fabulous Picaboo products have just neglected to post their stories of satisfaction.

mikel218
11/28/15

these guys are the kings of coupon discount scams! they offer great value coupons until you place an order and find out that you'll pay shipping, shipping surcharges in some cases and only one coupon per order--at the end you pay more than most other sites. what good is a free shipping coupon or offer if they won't let you combine it with another voucher you bought? Be careful in buying their coupons!

kas372
11/7/15

Horrible experience. Bought groupon (which does not accurately reflect the fact that the value in parenthesis is the discounted amount not the value of the photo book), so what I thought was a good deal really wasn't. Next I went online to make the book only to have problems. I tried over and over to upload images and when I reached out to the chat line they stated I needed to use a different browser. Used different browser which helped the time frame of uploading but when I went to save my project it kept saying it couldn't save because my internet was down. I wasn't having any problems with my internet and tried for over an hour to keep trying to save. I wouldn't have tried that long but I already put hours into making the book and wasn't going to waste even more time trying to re-create again. Plus I had the groupon I needed to use. Ended up opening up another tab on browser only to find out that it actually saved....ugh!!! Then to find out that I still had to pay $35.00. Needless to say, I should have looked up reviews and I'll never use Picaboo again. Wasn't worth my time nor money. Now let's just hope the book actually turns out nice.

bethp26
11/5/15

I purchased a voucher to use on my Christmas cards. I've been trying to construct the card for the last two hours, and I can't get anything to load. Picaboo is the most user-unfriendly site I have ever experienced. So disappointed...in 2010, my photographer made us a family photo book which is absolutely gorgeous. Now, with what is happening, I may just forfeit my voucher and go with another site. Angry, frustrated, defeated. I will not be back to Picaboo.

amyh79
10/16/15

I have used Picaboo in the past and not had any issues, but when I recently tried to place a large print order everything kept crashing. When I called they said my project was too big, break it up. I did. Still crashed. Called again 45 minutes later after telling me to connect to a landline - super inconvenient, even though we tested my internet speed and they decided it was more than adequate. If I didn't have vouchers that I needed to use I would've already gone elsewhere. I requested to talk to a manager... more than one person told me, "The managers don't talk to customers." Are you kidding me? Apparently they are too busy to talk to customers but will email me. This is an ongoing problem. I've spent hours working on adjusting my prints and none of my work will save and I can't even get into my cart. Customer service can't either. I asked for a refund on my vouchers and was simply told, they are past the 30 days that they will refund them. So what am I to do? SO DISAPPOINTED! This is absolutely ridiculous!

st10171
9/14/15

I used this company for the first time about 3 years ago. Recently I decided to start printing my photos again in book format and used them again. I didn't have the same results as most of these reviews.
The quality of the book the first time around was exact to my screen. The second time around I decided to use the layflat paper. This options resulted in fantastic results. It was a book of sunsets for my mother. She was pleased as I also was over the color rendition. I printed a b/w photo book with images that range from contrasty or deep dark tones and yet the details within still held up. I had two issues with the book - I could slightly see the image of the back side of the page. If I went layflat, this wouldn't have been an issue. However with the layout of the book it would have been unnecessary for the extra expense and other book companies have to same paper weight for paperstock. My second issue was the book came in bent. I called the customer service. My response was very different then what is posted here. They told me to take a photo of the book and send it to them for their records. They had no problem replacing it. In fact, minutes later after sending the images I wanted to check the status of another book I had in production and notice that the bent on was already reordered by them. They overnighted the book once it was printed.
The last book I made in color came in last week. The print quality was good. Things were the same as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary. Colors were very close to accurate. A slight drop in vividness but essentially the same as the computer.
After reading some of these reviews I can't help but wonder if some take into account that user errors isn't a fault of a company. I'm not trying to bash anyone because these are things I have and could easily do too. But having spend money I make sure to double check things.
Like for example the yellow crop lines that say that they image 'may' be cropped is a rough estimate. So yes, the image past that point may show up. If you stop the image right at the line, you run the risk of the white of the paper showing up. Or leaving blank pages. I've done it but caught in when I looked through what I was getting printed. After all that effort why not take 5 more minutes? Again these are mistakes I've caught myself making too. These were my thoughts with some of what I was reading.
Anyways, overall I'm happy with what I'm receiving. I have 4 more books to print so hopefully all stays this way. I've never tried another company as I've had no need to this point.

dianeb54
9/14/15

last year, I got sucked into a bogus scheme with a price reduction on yearbooks that you refused to honor. The books were late for reunion. Worse they were shipped from Canada and went thr customs for the full amt, not the discounted amount. We had Visa correct the flaw and got near the promised price. Lo and behold, over a year later, I get a State tax on a $3000. " import." The cost was $1200. And it was not a business import. I paid the $200 to be rid of you once and for all. You have fraudulent business practices, and an irresponsible service Department. do not do business with this company. Ok for 1 book perhaps but NEVER order multiples!!!!! Terrible.

patriciae10
8/21/15

This has to be one of the most user un-friendly sites on the internet. The Amazonlocal vouchers are rejected, customer "service" is a joke and you will lose hours of your life trying to put your photo book together and check out. A nightmare! I've been burned 3 times now so I will probably remember to stay away from them. Use Photobin or Adorama or Costco--anything but this miserable company.

herbf1
6/17/15

I just received books that I ordered only a week ago and they are beautiful!!!
Just wanted everyone to know that though there are many complaints from
people out there..... I had a great experience and can't wait to hand my books out to family and friends!!!

HCF

sergeym11
6/1/15

I ordered a custom photo-book from Picaboo. It arrived today.
The print quality is terrible. It looks like someone did a draft print-out and sold it instead of the quality product.
Every page in photobook product contains clearly visible grid-like pattern.
This is terrible even compared to results of one-hour photo service prints.
It looks like a bad Chinese quality, but for an exorbitant price.

Costco has less scrapbooking options, but their print quality is very good compared to that scrap.

I am completely dissatisfied with their product. It isn't worth even the shipping costs.
Their customer phone support service is also horrible and rude.

Tip for consumers: run away!

Questions? Get answers from the Picaboo staff and other customers.

Picaboo?