Review of PBteen

Tel: 1.866.472.4001
international@pbteen.com

bethd107
4/8/19

Worst shopping experience in my life. They are terrible. Horrible customer service. I won't be surprised if they are out of business soon.

ayannas
3/24/19

I ordered a 3 piece towel set and they emailed me saying it's backorderrd for 5-6 weeks. That's almost 2 months. How long does it take to make towels?! I also wanted to purchase one small sofa bed for my 4 year old and the shipping alone is $139 plus a $49 surcharge fee. That's the most ridiculous they I've ever heard for one little sofa. And on top of that they are saying it would also arrive in 8-10 weeks. If I'm ordering something today that means I want it soon. Not 3 months later with a $200 shipping charge. I also inquired about buying the floor sample in one of the locations and the rep stated we do not offer that. They need to change some of their policies because they are losing customers from it.

Response from Judy E., PBteen Representative
Ayanna,
Hello- I am truly sorry to hear you have not had a more pleasant experience, and I'd like to look into your concerns. I have sent you a private message with my contact information, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you, -Ramona
katiem234
2/25/19

Ordered two items in November with expected delivery in January, when I checked in January, expected delivery was pushed back to February without my knowledge. I called in February when I didn't receive an email to schedule delivery, they then scheduled my delivery, I got an email the day before expected delivery reminding me of delivery for the next day. When the order did not come that day, I phoned back and the customer service rep said they attempted to call me the week before, and then again the day before, I verified the two phone numbers they had on file for me and when they were correct, I told them there were NO records of the phone calls, they did NOT try to call me even though they had it in their notes they did. They sent me to another person in customer service that said the items were not available and were still back ordered. There was ZERO explanation for why I was scheduled a delivery for an item that wasn't even in stock, ZERO explanation for falsely recorded calls, and ZERO compensation after waiting 3+ months for my items. I canceled the order and am never going to order from them again.

nyb
2/16/19

I had only ordered a calendar which was almost 2 months ago and still haven't received my order, when I had emailed them they said "Due to unexpected production delays with our manufacturer" that was a month ago, maybe they need to shut the website down because this is ridiculous.

ritas155
2/4/19

Why is it that I can call Macy's, Home Depot, Pier One, Amazon etc. etc. but every time I call Pottery Barn, PB Teen any and all of these Companies in store and online, I usually don't get my Oder placed. Because the person I'm talking to acts like they cannot understand why or what I'm trying to do!!! And these are young people in the USA, so there is no language problem just resistance and stuck up attitudes like I have never experienced except maybe at Costco.com. Or maybe some of the rude people at Federal and State agencies. My mind is blown!!!

donj105
1/25/19

This site "sounds" like a broken record. Abysmal customer service, no response or apathetic response. We had ordered a bedroom set for our son on 12/31/18 with the estimated delivery date of 1/4/19 - 1/18/19. The later date came and went with no contact. When we contacted them, they said there was a problem with the order and they had to re-process the order for the bed and dresser. The delivery people came today, supposedly with the bed, but no idea of when the dresser would be here. When they started unpacking the truck, it was one box that was approximately 48" long by 20: wide by 10" deep - how the hell could that be a bed? Turns out, it was the headboard and footboard only. WTH? My wife is about to lose it and has been on the phone with PBTeen customer service for over an hour. She has asked to speak with a customer service manager the entire time and she got transferred no less than 14 times, told our story no less than 8 times and was hung up on or left on hold for over 10 minutes, five times. Keep in mind, they CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD over a month ago but still haven't delivered what we paid for. Never again. To everyone, STAY AWAY from Pottery Barn!

nelliel10
1/14/19

i will never again order from PB. terrible customer service, noone ever called me back after numerous messages to speak to a supervisor.

heatherl198
1/5/19

Ordered bedroom suit on Aug 16th, today after 3rd scheduled delivery appointment we still have no furniture. One time they pulled up, started to unload and then reloaded and left...never even knocked on our door. Today I lost it, went off on multiple people and eventually just cancelled my order. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had with any retailer. I will never be back. They are most incompetent retailer from a supply chain and logistics standpoint that have ever come across.

Buyer beware, don't let their brand recognition fool you.

annes278
12/13/18

Not sure what has happened to this store. A whole system of failures. From delivery dates pushed over and over and over for months, to never sending an email to notify me of order delivery delays, to extremely rude customer service, to being transferred from one rep to another for 30 to 45 minutes at a time, almost every time I called, to outrageously long wait times, to having a customer service rep hang up on me tonight after I complained when she told me that my delivery date (due today) was pushed for the 5th time with another two weeks. Nothing works at PBteen. I'm cancelling my order.

kr143
12/7/18

Beware when ordering furniture items, lounge items or anything that may take longer than standard shipping.

My daughter wanted a futon sofa from pottery barn teen for Christmas. I ordered it at the beginning of November. Delivery Dec 4.
December 4th called customer service and was told parts were backordered until Feb and May. So Pottery Barn has no intention of letting me know that my daughter was not getting this gift for Christmas. Complete scam. They make you believe you will receive your order on time but really there is a huge amount of items that are back ordered and they DO NOT let you know until you have paid in full and made the order.

I have ordered many pieces of furniture over the years and have had similar issues. Shame on me for being a loyal customer. Terrible service and dishonest.

jamesp729
11/21/18

I placed an order for both of my daughters for furniture for their rooms. The order was over $5000 worth of new furniture (beds, desks, chairs, side tables, etc.). We placed the order in July 2018. Immediately every item was placed on back order despite the website saying there was inventory in stock. After about 1mos of waiting for the items to come off of backorder I decided to call customer service. I picked out all new furniture that I was told was in stock and would arrive sooner. That was on Aug 16th of 2018. I was told the furniture would arrive in Sept., then Oct., then Nov.. I called around mid Nov and they told me someone would call me about my order. No one called me and the order was cancelled!!! I'm going to find someone at the corporate level to share my experience with. I continue to get daily emails and offers and magazines in the mail.

brittanyp74
11/19/18

Placed an order of over $2000.00 worth of furniture for my daughters room over 3 months ago!!! When I placed the order in August it said it would be available in October, which we were fine with because we were moving during September anyways. They kept pushing the date back numerous times. Ultimately, it was pushed back another whole month until November! I called customer service after the "new arrival date passed. They said they were just waiting on a piece to arrive and to call back the beginning of November and it should be ready. Instead I decided to give it until today the 19th to call (mid November). I have now been on HOLD for 41 minutes. I spoke with someone who was "checking" on my order status and was on hold for 30 minutes then I randomly was transferred to some other guy (with no notice I was being transferred after 30 minutes). So, he answers like I'm a new caller that hasn't been waiting on hold for 30 freaking minutes already.... So I give him the order number and was told he needed to go check the status. Well, needless to say I am still on hold.... 45 minutes! THIS IS RIDICULOUS, they have HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I WILL NEVER EVER SPEND MONEY HERE OR AT ANY OTHER ASSOCIATED POTTERY BARN BUSINESS AGAIN!!!

betsyp20
11/15/18

this store steals money from customers. they say they "available for delivery" on their website but then it is a lie. I ordered a couch over two months ago and they just keep the money and do not deliver. I have called customer service multiple times and they have done nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so so so sick of this store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haileyl12
11/4/18

I ordered a rather large piece of furniture. The delivery was super quick and they even brought my furniture up to the second floor with care. It is exactly what I expected and I am very pleased with my purchase. I would definitely shop here again.

hanulh
10/28/18

Ordered a Ravenclaw water bottle for my girlfriend on September 1st, 2018. After a month of seeing constant delays and date changes, I get an email acknowledging that the item was late (no kidding!) and suggestions of other items I could order instead (and presumably wait months for without ever receiving). Never ordering from this sham of a website again!

heatherd190
10/19/18

Like many others, I have gotten the run around from PB Teen. I ordered a bedside table for my son on December 21, 2017. It is now October 19, 2018, almost a year later, and still no bedside table. We have called on 4-5 separate occasions and promised a variety of delivery dates and they pass and nothing from the store. We were promised a gift card in exchange for our troubles and that never came either.
I don't think I could have gotten worst customer service if they tried. I'm honestly surprised this place is still in business.

johnt838
9/24/18

PBTeen is unable to keep the items it sells in stock. They will give you delivery dates at purchase, but you cannot rely on them. They will change and add further delays constantly. Delays are many months!

taniam40
9/19/18

I have been given the complete run around by PBteen on my daughter's bed. I originally ordered the Cleary Captain bed in June 2018 and it had a lead time of September 2018 - a month later this got revised to late January 2019 which was so unacceptable I cancelled the order and placed a new one for a different bed. This had a lead time of Sept 10-17 2018 and I consistently checked my order and that date remained firm up to last week. I moved my daughter out of her room and had it decorated, and I have a garage full of the other furniture items which PBteen have already delivered. However, when I called on Monday of last week for a delivery date, they informed me they had made a mistake and that the bed wouldn't be in until Monday 17th. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they transferred me to the NJ hub where I was on hold for 92 minutes before I finally gave up. I called again today, and got transferred FIVE times to different people before speaking to Deborah in the NJ hub. Her response was that some of the bed had come in but not all of it and when I pressed her for a firm date on the final items she couldn't give me one, just 'maybe this week, maybe next'. When I ask if someone could phone me at the end of this week with an update she said 'we don't do that'. I guess PBteen doesn't care about its customers and if I hadn't already decorated the room and received some of the items I would just cancel. I have no confidence it will actually come and am at a loss as to what I can do.

cindym314
9/8/18

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I returned a beanbag to the Durham, NC, store. They said I would receive my refund to my credit card within 3-5 days. That didn't happen. I called customer service, and the woman I talked to said she would process the return. I kept checking, and my account has not been credited 2 weeks later. So two days ago I completed the online form for customer service outlining everything that had happened. It says you'll hear back from them within 48 hours. Nothing. I am fuming. I can't believe I am out almost $200 and I feel so helpless about getting it back.

lisap433
9/6/18

What happened to this company? Their backpacks used to be indestructible I even have some from my oldest child that are at least 6 years old and in great condition, this year I ordered anatlas backpack with lunch pail and thermos and paid for the mongram it came with a small rip - the thermos that goes in the side ripped the other side and now there is a big hole in the front. This is the 2nd week of school. Talk about cheap China crap I would have been better off to buy at Wal-Mart.

janed336
9/4/18

After looking for a long time for what I wanted in a storage bed, I finally found what we wanted (Hampton Storage Bed Super Set 2.0). To top it off, I was able to get the bed with a 25-30% discount. But something seemed off- I was trying to find the reviews on the product (like Amazons and other online stores do) and I completely unable to.

I had to go to Google multiple times, trying to find any reviews on the product, or Pottery Barn Teens in general, before I was able to come against about 58 reviews. I've spent about a half hour reading the HORROR stories of others.

I am fortunate that I took the time to look at the reviews, it's taught me a good lesson. If I hadn't taken the time to search for the reviews, I would probably be amongst the unfortunate souls that have had orders cancelled; shipping delayed and experienced TERRIBLE customer service.

lindas949
9/1/18

Product was good , didnt have a problem. Ordered a book bag , was well made color was right. Granddaughter is enjoying it!!

sus14
8/29/18

I feel like I just ordered something from a click-bait China company. Why can't I get a hold of anyone on the phone to get this straightened out? Why didn't I get what I ordered?

lisab711
8/12/18

Total bait and switch. Even PB does the same thing- and sad to say that I have been a cardholder for 20 yrs. Not anymore. ORDERED A DORM SET - ONE DAY ITS FINE, NEXT DAY WHOLE ORDER CANCELLED- NO EMAILS NOTHING

lynnb227
8/8/18
• Updated review

I posted a review on 7/31/18 for PBTeen furniture order that is delayed until Feb 2019. I have tried to cancel this order to no avail so I posted a review here. PBTeen responded and stated that if I messaged them, it would be looked into. Of course, I messaged with all my information and over a week later, still no response. This is a joke!

“Unfair trade practices- take your money and then give outrageous delivery date”
7/30/18
• Previous review

On July 24, I ordered a lounge set for my teen daughter's room and other items. On line the delivery date was 8-10 weeks out for the lounge set. Not until I got my confirmation email (and paid!) did the email indicate that delivery would be between Feb. 13- Feb. 20th. That's 7 months delivery for a small 3 piece sectional! I immediately called to try and cancel this portion of the order but was on hold for over an hour and finally had to hang up. I called back the next morning and spoke to a nice customer service lady who stated that she was sending an email to the vendor cancelling that portion of the order and that she had never seen a delivery that far out. She stated that I would be getting a confirmation email confirming this cancellation within a few day. Well, guess what? No confirmation email ever came. I have tried calling back several times and am on hold for so long I eventually have to hang up because some of us have to work. While the service rep was nice, I think she just told me what I wanted to hear knowing that the cancellation would never happen and I would have to call back. I think this is their game. I have never called when the message that "they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes" is not given. Based on this, they might try hiring more service reps. PBteen needs to be sued for unfair trade practices and RICO violations! I wish I had read these reviews before ordering an type of specialty product from them. To date, no resolution for my 7 month out delivery date. I would have never ordered a piece of furniture that took 7 months to get. Nothing is worth that!

Response from Judy E., PBteen Representative
Hi Lynn B- Thank you for taking the time to contact PBteen- I'm truly sorry to hear about the experience your are having with shipping and or delivery delays. I apologize for the inconvenience. I would be delighted to address your concerns. I have sent your a private message for further assistance.- Thank you -Latricia- PBteen -Lead –Social Media Customer Care

I would not do that, try money order then you have a receit!

By Linda S.

Questions? Get answers from the PBteen staff and other customers.

4 Photos for PBteen