Review of PBteen

Tel: 1.866.472.4001
international@pbteen.com

rachelp169
7/24/19

Ordered new backpacks and lunch boxes for my three daughters. Order came in as white bedding instead. Called customer service. Those backpacks are now unavailable and they had to re-pick objects they didn't want. Won't offer a discount and justified it by saying they would rush order it instead. Won't reorder from here.

michaelf809
7/3/19

Order is not on time. Three months on back order. I will not use this site again to order. If you do not have a product to sell don't sell it.

nooshij
6/26/19

worst company to deal with , ordered 3 pieces of furniture in May, as of now still waiting on a bed delivery , 1st time on june 22 the had wrong pieces so no delivery, second time on june 22 delivered the pieces but one piece was broken!!! now god knows when we will get this bed !! i hate this company with a passion !!!

scottt260
6/10/19

Ordered bean bag 3 wks ago and still waiting. Every time I call customer service they say they will "overnight" it again and again. I have to tell then that "overnight " does not mean 3 wks. No one will tell you whats wrong or if it was lost etc. Ask to speak to supervisor and of cause there is none there at the time and it will take 24-48 hrs before one will call back. No wonder it takes forever for delivery.

keiras12
5/13/19

Save yourself the hassle. Order placed for Christmas, they finally scheduled the delivery for April, called the day before to say order was incomplete and tried to deliver the furniture that way. It has been 6 weeks, still waiting for my refund. They cannot pull it together.

bethd107
4/8/19

Worst shopping experience in my life. They are terrible. Horrible customer service. I won't be surprised if they are out of business soon.

ayannas
3/24/19

Prices are extremely high. Shipping is almost $200 for one little sofa. Customer service sucks. I received a email with a 25% off coupon I called and they said it doesn't work the same day I received it. Horrible customer service.

Response from Judy E., PBteen Representative
Ayanna,
Hello- I am truly sorry to hear you have not had a more pleasant experience, and I'd like to look into your concerns. I have sent you a private message with my contact information, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you, -Ramona
katiem234
2/25/19

Ordered two items in November with expected delivery in January, when I checked in January, expected delivery was pushed back to February without my knowledge. I called in February when I didn't receive an email to schedule delivery, they then scheduled my delivery, I got an email the day before expected delivery reminding me of delivery for the next day. When the order did not come that day, I phoned back and the customer service rep said they attempted to call me the week before, and then again the day before, I verified the two phone numbers they had on file for me and when they were correct, I told them there were NO records of the phone calls, they did NOT try to call me even though they had it in their notes they did. They sent me to another person in customer service that said the items were not available and were still back ordered. There was ZERO explanation for why I was scheduled a delivery for an item that wasn't even in stock, ZERO explanation for falsely recorded calls, and ZERO compensation after waiting 3+ months for my items. I canceled the order and am never going to order from them again.

nyb
2/16/19

I had only ordered a calendar which was almost 2 months ago and still haven't received my order, when I had emailed them they said "Due to unexpected production delays with our manufacturer" that was a month ago, maybe they need to shut the website down because this is ridiculous.

ritas155
2/4/19

Why is it that I can call Macy's, Home Depot, Pier One, Amazon etc. etc. but every time I call Pottery Barn, PB Teen any and all of these Companies in store and online, I usually don't get my Oder placed. Because the person I'm talking to acts like they cannot understand why or what I'm trying to do!!! And these are young people in the USA, so there is no language problem just resistance and stuck up attitudes like I have never experienced except maybe at Costco.com. Or maybe some of the rude people at Federal and State agencies. My mind is blown!!!

donj105
1/25/19

This site "sounds" like a broken record. Abysmal customer service, no response or apathetic response. We had ordered a bedroom set for our son on 12/31/18 with the estimated delivery date of 1/4/19 - 1/18/19. The later date came and went with no contact. When we contacted them, they said there was a problem with the order and they had to re-process the order for the bed and dresser. The delivery people came today, supposedly with the bed, but no idea of when the dresser would be here. When they started unpacking the truck, it was one box that was approximately 48" long by 20: wide by 10" deep - how the hell could that be a bed? Turns out, it was the headboard and footboard only. WTH? My wife is about to lose it and has been on the phone with PBTeen customer service for over an hour. She has asked to speak with a customer service manager the entire time and she got transferred no less than 14 times, told our story no less than 8 times and was hung up on or left on hold for over 10 minutes, five times. Keep in mind, they CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD over a month ago but still haven't delivered what we paid for. Never again. To everyone, STAY AWAY from Pottery Barn!

nelliel10
1/14/19

i will never again order from PB. terrible customer service, noone ever called me back after numerous messages to speak to a supervisor.

heatherl198
1/5/19

Ordered bedroom suit on Aug 16th, today after 3rd scheduled delivery appointment we still have no furniture. One time they pulled up, started to unload and then reloaded and left...never even knocked on our door. Today I lost it, went off on multiple people and eventually just cancelled my order. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had with any retailer. I will never be back. They are most incompetent retailer from a supply chain and logistics standpoint that have ever come across.

Buyer beware, don't let their brand recognition fool you.

annes278
12/13/18

Not sure what has happened to this store. A whole system of failures. From delivery dates pushed over and over and over for months, to never sending an email to notify me of order delivery delays, to extremely rude customer service, to being transferred from one rep to another for 30 to 45 minutes at a time, almost every time I called, to outrageously long wait times, to having a customer service rep hang up on me tonight after I complained when she told me that my delivery date (due today) was pushed for the 5th time with another two weeks. Nothing works at PBteen. I'm cancelling my order.

kr143
12/7/18

Beware when ordering furniture items, lounge items or anything that may take longer than standard shipping.

My daughter wanted a futon sofa from pottery barn teen for Christmas. I ordered it at the beginning of November. Delivery Dec 4.
December 4th called customer service and was told parts were backordered until Feb and May. So Pottery Barn has no intention of letting me know that my daughter was not getting this gift for Christmas. Complete scam. They make you believe you will receive your order on time but really there is a huge amount of items that are back ordered and they DO NOT let you know until you have paid in full and made the order.

I have ordered many pieces of furniture over the years and have had similar issues. Shame on me for being a loyal customer. Terrible service and dishonest.

jamesp729
11/21/18

I placed an order for both of my daughters for furniture for their rooms. The order was over $5000 worth of new furniture (beds, desks, chairs, side tables, etc.). We placed the order in July 2018. Immediately every item was placed on back order despite the website saying there was inventory in stock. After about 1mos of waiting for the items to come off of backorder I decided to call customer service. I picked out all new furniture that I was told was in stock and would arrive sooner. That was on Aug 16th of 2018. I was told the furniture would arrive in Sept., then Oct., then Nov.. I called around mid Nov and they told me someone would call me about my order. No one called me and the order was cancelled!!! I'm going to find someone at the corporate level to share my experience with. I continue to get daily emails and offers and magazines in the mail.

brittanyp74
11/19/18

Placed an order of over $2000.00 worth of furniture for my daughters room over 3 months ago!!! When I placed the order in August it said it would be available in October, which we were fine with because we were moving during September anyways. They kept pushing the date back numerous times. Ultimately, it was pushed back another whole month until November! I called customer service after the "new arrival date passed. They said they were just waiting on a piece to arrive and to call back the beginning of November and it should be ready. Instead I decided to give it until today the 19th to call (mid November). I have now been on HOLD for 41 minutes. I spoke with someone who was "checking" on my order status and was on hold for 30 minutes then I randomly was transferred to some other guy (with no notice I was being transferred after 30 minutes). So, he answers like I'm a new caller that hasn't been waiting on hold for 30 freaking minutes already.... So I give him the order number and was told he needed to go check the status. Well, needless to say I am still on hold.... 45 minutes! THIS IS RIDICULOUS, they have HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I WILL NEVER EVER SPEND MONEY HERE OR AT ANY OTHER ASSOCIATED POTTERY BARN BUSINESS AGAIN!!!

betsyp20
11/15/18

this store steals money from customers. they say they "available for delivery" on their website but then it is a lie. I ordered a couch over two months ago and they just keep the money and do not deliver. I have called customer service multiple times and they have done nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so so so sick of this store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haileyl12
11/4/18

I ordered a rather large piece of furniture. The delivery was super quick and they even brought my furniture up to the second floor with care. It is exactly what I expected and I am very pleased with my purchase. I would definitely shop here again.

hanulh
10/28/18

Ordered a Ravenclaw water bottle for my girlfriend on September 1st, 2018. After a month of seeing constant delays and date changes, I get an email acknowledging that the item was late (no kidding!) and suggestions of other items I could order instead (and presumably wait months for without ever receiving). Never ordering from this sham of a website again!

heatherd190
10/19/18

Like many others, I have gotten the run around from PB Teen. I ordered a bedside table for my son on December 21, 2017. It is now October 19, 2018, almost a year later, and still no bedside table. We have called on 4-5 separate occasions and promised a variety of delivery dates and they pass and nothing from the store. We were promised a gift card in exchange for our troubles and that never came either.
I don't think I could have gotten worst customer service if they tried. I'm honestly surprised this place is still in business.

johnt838
9/24/18

PBTeen is unable to keep the items it sells in stock. They will give you delivery dates at purchase, but you cannot rely on them. They will change and add further delays constantly. Delays are many months!

taniam40
9/19/18

I have been given the complete run around by PBteen on my daughter's bed. I originally ordered the Cleary Captain bed in June 2018 and it had a lead time of September 2018 - a month later this got revised to late January 2019 which was so unacceptable I cancelled the order and placed a new one for a different bed. This had a lead time of Sept 10-17 2018 and I consistently checked my order and that date remained firm up to last week. I moved my daughter out of her room and had it decorated, and I have a garage full of the other furniture items which PBteen have already delivered. However, when I called on Monday of last week for a delivery date, they informed me they had made a mistake and that the bed wouldn't be in until Monday 17th. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they transferred me to the NJ hub where I was on hold for 92 minutes before I finally gave up. I called again today, and got transferred FIVE times to different people before speaking to Deborah in the NJ hub. Her response was that some of the bed had come in but not all of it and when I pressed her for a firm date on the final items she couldn't give me one, just 'maybe this week, maybe next'. When I ask if someone could phone me at the end of this week with an update she said 'we don't do that'. I guess PBteen doesn't care about its customers and if I hadn't already decorated the room and received some of the items I would just cancel. I have no confidence it will actually come and am at a loss as to what I can do.

cindym314
9/8/18

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I returned a beanbag to the Durham, NC, store. They said I would receive my refund to my credit card within 3-5 days. That didn't happen. I called customer service, and the woman I talked to said she would process the return. I kept checking, and my account has not been credited 2 weeks later. So two days ago I completed the online form for customer service outlining everything that had happened. It says you'll hear back from them within 48 hours. Nothing. I am fuming. I can't believe I am out almost $200 and I feel so helpless about getting it back.

lisap433
9/6/18

What happened to this company? Their backpacks used to be indestructible I even have some from my oldest child that are at least 6 years old and in great condition, this year I ordered anatlas backpack with lunch pail and thermos and paid for the mongram it came with a small rip - the thermos that goes in the side ripped the other side and now there is a big hole in the front. This is the 2nd week of school. Talk about cheap China crap I would have been better off to buy at Wal-Mart.

I would not do that, try money order then you have a receit!

By Linda S.

Questions? Get answers from the PBteen staff and other customers.

4 Photos for PBteen