Review of Parcel2Go.com

Bolton, Bolton BL3 6BU, GBR
recruitment@parcel2go.com

kamilal
11/13/17

Absolutely horrible, the chat service is only nice if you haven't got any problem. After having booked my parcel I was waiting for 2 weeks for them to pick it up without any luck, I kept receiving an email informing me that it was impossible to collect the parcel and telling me to rebook it. In the end, I gave up and asked for a refund which I received, it was £0.30 short. Obviously, it's not about the 0.30 but the whole experience was dreadful, extremely rude people. They like to hang up asap, before you have explained what is your issue and before you gave you a solution.

nargisq
11/8/17

Very poor service.
Lost my parcel , although it was insured , they will not pay up !!
No telephone contact , appalling service !
Use at your own peril if you want your parcels to disappear into thin air and then have to chase up for the next 1 year !!
Still no response, wish I had checked the reviews before using the Scam company !

georgem234
10/23/17

Booked a parcel to the USA with P2G. The actual shipper was OCS. After two weeks, the parcel was returned. When OCS was contacted, they said the contents were classified as "Dangerous". The parcel contained a hand saw. I've shipped hand saws all over the world and never had this problem. When I contacted P2G for a refund, they charged me £9 for the return because they said I should have looked at their prohibited items list. I had and hand saws were not listed. Nothing like hand saws were listed. P2G's operative acknowledged that saws were not listed, but that saws could come under a possible subsection of their listing and that even though they were not specifically listed, it could possibly be a dangerous item. By that reasoning, a Cricket bat or a ballpoint pen could be "dangerous". When I asked for a contact address or number so that I could escalate my case, none were forthcoming. The only way to contact P2G is through their "chat" line. My conversation on the chat line lasted over an hour and achieved nothing. If you are not satisfied with the flunkie on the chat line, you have no other recourse.

I would give P2G a wide berth. There are other low cost shipping services available. A firm that hides behind inaccessibility should immediately ring alarm bells.

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi George,

I am sorry for the issues here with the delivery of the parcel. Unfortunately, some of the couriers we use do not allow certain items to be sent such as knives, saws and other such items. You may have previously sent saws but this will be with couriers who carry the goods.

I’m sorry you’ve found it difficult to contact us. The reason that we don’t currently have a phone number for customer services is that in order to offer the cheapest parcel delivery prices possible, we need to cut down costs elsewhere.

However, you can still contact us via our Live Help facility on our website. Our Live Help system is designed to speed up the process of resolving any problems our customers might have when compared with a standard phone line service.

It also helps keep costs down to ensure our customers are always getting the lowest possible prices on their deliveries.

I have emailed you about this issue and we have discussed the problem which we have provided a full refund for.

Thanks

richm243
8/1/17

Hi. Buyer beware. P2G42547831 I had arranged for a package to be delivered to Portugal. It never arrived and I managed to log a claim on there website which was automatically rejected. I have no idea why. Hermes the courier have now returned the parcel to me undelivered after 5-6 weeks. Apparently the parcel went to Spain instead of Portugal and it was correctly addressed. I have been unable to contact Hermes and/or Parcel2Go to get a refund. Its not a fortune (Approx £22) but its the principle. They make it impossible to contact them and the numbers I have found online do not work or you are left on hold indefinitely. I would strongly advise to shop elsewhere.

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Rich,

I am sorry to hear of the issues here with the delivery of the parcel being made.

Unfortunately, the courier has noted this as not being delivered due to the delivery address being unoccupied. As this was the case, the item was held for a small amount of time and then returned to sender.

I am unsure of the information on this being delivered to Spain as the order was booked to Portugal.

We have previously contacted you about this to discuss this further.

Parcel2Go.com Customer Service
sac398
7/4/17

This service is a scam which is pretending to arrange for delivery and then on repeated occasions failing to collect. The service is insulting and lying - they try to inform me that collections have been attempted when they have not. Do not use this service IN ANY CASE. Waste of time and money. When you do try to complain there is no help-line, just an awful live chat in which operators are slow to understand the situation.

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi,

Really sorry to hear that your chosen courier has failed to collect your parcel. We only work with couriers that we expect to be truly reliable, so it’s disappointing that you’ve been let down on this occasion.

Due to reasons that include heavy traffic, roadworks or complications with other collections, it’s not always possible for a courier to collect a parcel on the originally agreed date.

That said, I do understand your frustration, and would like the chance to investigate why your collection has failed on this occasion.

If you could email me your P2G reference number to online@parcel2go.com, I’d be more than happy to contact the courier to find out why your collection failed on this occasion.

cristinag26
5/18/17

I've booked a collection date last Monday and nobody came, so I rebooked it for Tuesday. Nobody came, again. I contacted them and they rebooked it for Wednesday. Guess what? Exactly: they never came. They rebooked it for today, Thursday. They came. No, just kidding. They never came. Ever. I've been talking to them via twitter and via their website chat and nobody offers me a solution. I've already paid and I'm afraid they're not going to give me my money back. This is an absolute nightmare, don't ever trust them if you don't want to go crazy because of them.

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Cristina,

michig1
5/6/17

Absolute worse case scenario, they could NOT do it worse on purpose...

I have track of everything but it's long (please ask if you want more). Hence I summarise here and beg you to read a part at least... you won't need to finish before making up your mind:

-- Highest priority delivery using UPS (not the cheap option) for an urgent matter and payed extra for insuring the parcel...
-- First day they didn't pick up the parcel. Ok except that I got NO notification or explanation to understand what happened.
-- I contacted them through Chat (only option) and they helped me by rescheduling but they did NOT have much information so they had to contact UPS in pretty much the same way that I would do directly (so that's a useless delay).
-- Already a day of delay so I was nervous: I kept checking the tracking page but that was NEVER updated so I contacted them every day until...
-- ...they answer that the parcel has been stopped (one day ago!) in the border because of a Local law that they were not aware but that **they had convinced the destination country to accept it anyway** !!!
-- My recipient receives a call saying the opposite so I contact them AGAIN and they tell me a different story: "You need to pay to the borders but the recipient refused".
NOTE: Still... why am I never informed of the problems until I ask? Tracking still saying that the parcel was just picked up!
-- I want to pay the price but they don't even know how much or how to do that so they tell me to contact them in a couple of days.
-- After several communications and the version changing each time, they finally contact me through eMail mostly blaming my recipient and never giving alternatives. I insist that I want to pay... and they give me a page to pay THEM the RETURN of the parcel, not the border fee!!
-- Obviously I strongly refuse to pay them more money (I meant to pay a fee for the borders) so they accept to send me the parcel back at no cost BUT without the battery because it was taken for some other law that I was not informed about either.
-- Important NOTE: at no point they pointed out any line of the Terms and Conditions that I could have missed to read: this was entirely their responsibility and I was always uninformed.
-- (Other unimportant communications complaining)

***** RESULT: I would have expected them to return my 100 pounds (did I say this? That was the price for losing my battery, my time, lots of effort and missing the deadline for my recipient to use it: I payed URGENT delivery with INSURANCE for a reason). Instead I was lucky to convince them of not charging me extra... I won't take this risk again.

***** I don't use '1' star because makes me look like angry person seeking revenge and some people will rather read a '2-star'... but this is definitely a '1'.

Sorry for the long review but hope it helps someone.
Best regards,
Miguel

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Miguel,

Sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience with your delivery. We do everything possible to ensure that the couriers we work with are as effective as possible, so naturally, it’s disappointing to hear stories like yours.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback — it’s valuable to us and the couriers we work with in helping identify areas for future improvement.

I can see we have been emailing you to discuss this.

ds209
4/26/17

... then you'll find out what a poor performer it truly is.
Hard to contact to complain or chase up errant couriers, and reluctant to help once you manage this.
Do yourselves a favour and stay well away from these shady crooks.

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi,

If you send your parcel reference number (beginning with ‘P2G’) to online@parcel2go.com, I’d be more than happy to investigate your order further on your behalf.

ellew10
4/14/17

ONLY INSURE IN CASE THE PARCEL GOES MISSING NOT FOR PROTECTION OF YOUR GOODS!
Unless you are pretty much sending a solid lump of metal do not bother with paying the insurance!! PLEASE NOTE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE INSURANCE ARE NOT VISIBLE WHEN YOU ORDER NOR ARE THEY VISIBLE ON THEIR WEBSITE!!! NEITHER ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR INSURANCE CLAIMS!
My parcel arrived damaged but I will be unable to claim for my damaged kitchen equipment because of the long list of exclusions! THE INSURANCE IS A COMPLETE JOKE! CAVEAT EMPTOR!

*Language redacted by admin

stefanp25
4/2/17

I sold a VW filler Cap on Ebay. I sent it in a Jiffybag, the whole thing doesn't weigh 100grammes. Four days later I get a "donotreply" email telling me the parcel weighed 9.55 Kilos and I need to pay a surcharge otherwise the parcel won't be sent. I spent most of Sunday, my only day off chatting to some uninterested soul who provided me with links that eventually lead to forms that need to be filled in and pictures to be uploaded.My wife in the meantime tried to find a phone number. None she found is in use... I was asked for pictures of a parcel that I had already sent. I was asked for pictures with the item on scales... the mind boggles. The fact that an envelope with an item the size of a jam jar lid could not possibly weigh 1 kilo, let alone 9.55 kilos is of no importance. The fact is that I had to dispute the claim or pay, otherwise no delivery.. Now I am wasting even more of my time filling out reviews. Outfits like these should be barred from running a business. For you out there who would like to give them a try I can only say good luck, you'll need it

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Stefan,

I’m sorry to hear about your frustration with this extra charge. Unfortunately, these charges are beyond our control.

Because our couriers carry hundreds of thousands of parcels a day, there’s a very slim margin for error when it comes to declared parcel sizes. Couriers issue surcharges for under-declared parcels in order to compensate for the extra time it takes to process them.

If you feel you have grounds to dispute this charge, you can do so here - https://www.parcel2go.com/content/surcharge-info

To avoid these charges in future, we’d advise rounding up your parcel measurements when declaring the size and weight. This should compensate for discrepancies between your measurement and the courier’s.

Should you need any further assistance, you can email me with your P2G reference number (in your confirmation email and your account area) to online@parcel2go.com.

marines1
3/28/17

I paid for a parcel to be collected directly from home. I was told that it would be collected the next day betwen 9 am and 5:30 pm. At 6 pm, there was still nothing and this is when I noticed there was no phone call or no contact form regarding issues. I managed to find a live chat through the help center on the website (it is quite well hidden) and talk with an agent. I was told they had no way of knowing what happened and the only thing they could do was rebook for the next day. You would think they would arrange a more specific collection time when they are the one who did'nt come and had you waiting all day at home but I was told this was not possible and I had to wait the next day from 9 am to 5:30 pm. Well, the next day by 6 pm no one had collected my parcel either. I went back to the live chat and I was told, again, that the only thing they could do was rearrange for a collection the next day but that they had no way of getting in touch directly with the company. I believe this is unprofessional not to be able to talk directly with the drivers and the delivery companies but also disrespectful towards the client to have them waiting all day without contacting them to let them know when they can't come. On the next day, there was still nothing and, as the weekend was coming, I had to find a solution. I called the company that was supposed to collect directly without going through Parcel2go and they had quite a lot of trouble finding my parcel in their system. It seems that they went to the reception of my university instead of the residence and, of course, could not locate me. It seems that Parcel2Go had not given them my phone number so they couldn't call me. They did not come back after the first day, even though Parce2Go just told me to wait at home. In the end, after waiting for three days, I paid for a ride to get my parcel to the depot, as it weighed 20 kg and the depot is out of town. When I explained the situation to the agent on the chat live, the only thing they could offer was £5 to prepay, even though I told them I would not use this service again. Seriously, it was the worst client service I ever saw, there is not even a phone number, and they are totally unable to deal with any issue with the delivery companies. I would not recommend using them.

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Marine,

When checking the collection, this seems to be a university residence which can cause issues. As there is no direct place to collect the item from in the address, you have provided the address as just this with no place for the driver to go.

Unfortunately, we would not call the customer prior to the collection of the parcel to confirm where to collect. The address needs to be easily accessed or the parcels need to be available in the reception area.

I am currently emailing you from the order to discuss this further.

hannahl40
2/25/17

I have inccured numerous problems with this company that I am now sick of it. Every time I have sent out a parcel with parcel2go, they either don't collect the parcel, lose my item, say they haven't got my parcel, charge me for collection of parcel and then I have to go drop it off, give my parcel to a neighbour so my customer doesn't end up receiving it and don't even let my customer know of this or attempt delivery and don't go back to deliver it for a very long period of time. Whenever I then go to contact the comoany they do absolutely nothing about it, there customer service is also rude and unhelpful. They never sort out the problem and always try blaming my customers when it has nothing to do with them. PARCEL2GO is absolutely rubbish. I have never in my whole entire life reviewed a company or wrote bad about a company but PARCEL2GO is absolutely disgusted that It left me with no choice but to write a review so everyone is aware of there service. The amount of times they have lost my parcels and don't even compensate for it and make me receive a big loss as I have to compensate my customers and I also lose out on the items I am sending it's just absolutely disguting even taking it up with a manager makes no difference at all THEY DO NOTHING AT ALL! At this rate they will definitely be losing a lot of customers! Piece of advise- YOU RATHER PAY THE EXTRA 10-20p but use a different, more reliable company! You will end up losing a lot more trying to save the pennies with this company

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Hannah,

Sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience with your delivery. We do everything possible to ensure that the couriers we work with are as effective as possible, so naturally it’s disappointing to hear stories like yours.

My sincerest apologies for your poor experience with our Live Chat facility. The vast majority of feedback we get about our operators is very positive, so it’s disappointing to hear you’ve been let down on this occasion.

I have emailed you from the order about this.

marka212
2/15/17

Be warned, parcel2go.com now have a nasty "habit", some might say fraudulent con. What they do is quote one rate when you book a parcel (correctly, entering the correct weight and size) and then demand more once the parcel has been collected. They do this under the guise of saying the courier, UPS for example, have demanded more for sending a parcel that is over the size / weight specified, then demand you provided photos of the box being measured when you contest this (of course, the box now having gone, you can not do this).

Parcel2go refuse to contact the courier to get the details from them on the size / weight they have. Hmmmm, I wonder why.

Follow up: I contacted UPS and they confirmed the weight and parcel dimensions I entered are the same as the parcel itself. So all this nonsense by Parcel2go below is mute.

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Mark,

Because our couriers carry hundreds of thousands of parcels a day, there’s a very slim margin for error when it comes to declared parcel sizes. Couriers issue surcharges for under-declared or incorrectly packaged parcels in order to compensate for the extra time it takes to process them.

vacationeru
12/16/16

Placed order for 6 parcels to be collected next day
At the end of the day I contacted them only to hear that collection cancelled. Without any explanation they just cancelled!!!
It was rearranged for next day. I contacted them around 5 PM and they told me no worries it will be collected till 9 PM. Contacted them around 8.30 PM and they told me that collection canceled !!!!!!!!!! Again without any explanation !!!
And most funny thing that they not even willing accept their fault and pay difference for faster delivery
Unbelievable !!!
Made complaint and if there will be no compensation I'll take them to the Court

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Vacationer,

If you could provide your parcel reference number (beginning with ‘P2G’), I’d be more than happy to contact the courier for you to find out the current status of your parcel. You can email me with your P2G number at online@parcel2go.com.

georgial19
11/28/16

Didn't collect after re-arranging twice, when tracked it says 'delivered' when not even collected in the first place and kept on hold for more than 30 mins with awful music playing whilst saying 'your call is important to us' clearly not, just keeping you on the phone so they can charge you more or defer you from getting your complaint through. Terrible service do not use !!!

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Georgia,

lucianr7
10/25/16

they lost my item and even tho I insured my item for £23 and paid for that they only gave me back £18 after hassling with them for 2 weeks.

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi Lucian,

We have responded to you via the reviews you have left on different websites for us. I have also contacted you via email to provide you with a resolution for this matter due to the oversight from us.

billijimp
9/14/16

This company is a joke, its like paying a thief to steal your own good, how bad is it !
I will never recommend them to anyone,
better pay a bit more and make sure at least your recipient receive your parcel,
they are not even worth a star but that is the minimum you can put, what a shame

Response from Dianne F., Parcel2Go.com Representative
Hi BILLIJIM P,

I’m really sorry to hear you haven’t yet received your parcel. We work with couriers that we believe can deliver very best service possible, so it’s disappointing to know this hasn’t been the case for you.

If you could provide your parcel reference number (beginning with ‘P2G’), I’d be more than happy to contact [courier name where possible] for you to find out the current status of your parcel. You can email me with your P2G number at online@parcel2go.com.

noofh
8/1/16

Over a month ago I used parcel2go to post to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia from the UK. The recipient is yet not received. The courier in Jeddah informed the recipient that they will deliver the parcel but they did not deliver it. Until a month later where the parcel has been placed for a return to the UK. When I contacted parcel2go they have been unhelpful with the matter and refused to extend the period, in order for my parcel to be received. Now I am waiting for my return to the UK and parcel2go claim that I will receive it within 3-5 working days, although I doubt it. I claimed a refund and from what I understand it is not guaranteed since they say we will look into it. I do not recommend parcel2go to anyone!

ayleend
9/5/15

They failed to arrange collection of a very urgent letter not once but twice!
Utterly incompetent 'service'.
Wasted my time/money and caused unnecessary stress.

johna350
1/10/15

IF P2GO (YODEL) WAS THE LAST CARRIER ON EARTH I WOULD NOT USE THEM SENT PIANO ACCORDION WORTH £230.00. WELL WRAPED COVERED WITH FRAGILE TAPE LEFT HANDLE OUT TO ALLOW IT TO BE CARRIED PARCEL WAS COMPLETLY WRECKED MUST HAVE BEEN DROPPED FROM AT LEAST TEN FEET TO DO THIS AMMOUNT OF DAMAGE.GOT £80.00 COMP.DO NOT USE THIS LOT

shaunc11
1/17/13

I have used these for about a year, and all has gone well but this christmas I had parcels lost and damaged by yodel and city link, and parcel2go have been an absolute nightmare to deal with. They just keep saying they are looking into it or refusing to pay out.
I sent 10 parcels on one occasion insured at £20 3 were damaged to same address they would only pay on one of them as I am insured for £20 for all 10 parcels not individually, but If I booked them separately and pay exactly the same I would be insured £20 x 10. Didnt even get the postage cost back. So lost a lot of money.
Lost parcels are just a joke. Last one was we have found it, so not paying out, but when I started asking where it was they stopped replying to my emails and kept cutting me off from live chat.
No phone numbers to contact them. Trading standards looking into them now.
I usually let things ride but enough is enough, you have no come back with them. If your parcel gets delivered great if not say goodbye to it.

djg2
5/20/11

A very useful site for reference purposes: i.e. how much would a courier delivery cost UK to Australia etc. Also provides an efficient service 90% of the time.

However there are some drawbacks: insurance costing is through the roof (rip-off) for high value items; the site is temperamental at times (weak user interface); and they try to make you work on a 'pre-pay' system which is there to work in their favour.

Questions? Get answers from the Parcel2Go.com staff and other customers.

Parcel2Go.com?