OnlineFabricStore.net reviews

Tel: 877-781-2967
help@onlinefabricstore.net

nancyh458
5/20/19

I ordered fabric on 5/13. Big mistake. I received an email thanking me for my order and they put a hold on funds in my account. Then I got an email telling me it was back ordered. I emailed and called them. Eventually they emailed me and said it was back in stock. Awesome. Today I check and the hold on funds is gone, so I can only assume it is not coming now. I am awaiting a response. Also access to an accountnon their website is futile. I have tried everything. It says my email is imvaled and then it says it's already attached to an account. I give up. And as soon as I'm positive they don't have access to my money and they aren't sending fabric I can try to find something locally. I needed this by Thursday, I ordered it in plenty of time. Be very very careful.

jdeleskies
5/7/19

I placed an international order (Canada) for a Belgian linen that would have been prohibitively expensive for me to order from Restoration Hardware.I did so with quite a bit of trepidation given the reviews on this site and the issues some customers appear to have had with shipping and quality. I even called customer service to make sure that the fabric in question was, in fact, in stock before I placed the order. I expected shipping to take a long time based on reviews, but I was not overly concerned since the project I purchased the fabric for is not urgent. Happy to report that the fabric arrived in under a week! The item is identical to the sample I received and appears to be very high quality (although I have not unrolled the entire 12 yards). I am very pleased with my experience.

ahdamm
4/28/19

They response was prompt, tracking # on point. Communication was direct. When they stated my item would be delivered on the day stated it was. Thank you! Will be doing more business very soon!

angies116
4/25/19

Was supposed to ship in 24-48 hrs, shipped after I requested to be cancelled and refunded was refused. Now having to wait for the order to arrive, then return, then wait an additional 5-7 day to get MY money back but they didn't waste any time taking my money. Do not buy here!

lindaf527
4/22/19

I ordered 10 yards of Black Micro suede fabric for a large order of pillow backings for leather pillows. The order was not completed with the hotel until after the 30 day return period was over. When I finally opened the package and cut the first piece to sew into the pillow backing, my hands became black with the DYE from this low quality product. I checked the fabric description and there was nothing about bleeding colors or dyes.

When I contacted the customer service person (Catherine) she assured me that they would take care of my problem. I explained that had I know how badly this fabric bled, I would not have ordered in the first place.

They would not accept the defective fabric back since I had cut it and it was past their deadline. How could I know about the bleeding without cutting the fabric and working with it?

When I left a poor review on their website to warn others about this, it was never posted OR they just removed it.

Their reviews are only from the customers who had no problem. The negative reviews all appear to have been removed.

jillm231
4/22/19

I would give them a zero rating, but this is not available. Received my fabric and delivered it to my seamstress to have curtains made. My seamstress called me back and told me that there were repeating flaws and holes in the material. She took pictures and sent them to me. I emailed these pictures to the help center, and their email back to me was that the flaws were on the backside of the fabric and they wouldn't show. That is not correct! It was on the front of the fabric and it was a repeating flaw. Finally they said I could return my order and pay for the return shipping. Why should I pay for their mistake. I have sent several emails to Afrika explaining to her that I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and am about to undergo treatment. I would like my curtains in my bedroom done to block out the light. Not only does this company rip you off, they also have no heart. (The picture I wanted to attach the file is too big. These pictures are a tiny sample.)

kh184
4/18/19

Be careful about submitting an order. A lot of the fabric online is not in stock, and you will need to wait a long time to receive!

I placed my order in the beginning of the month, and had to contact them several times. Each representative gave me an arrival date, but the date kept getting pushed back.

I had to cancel my order after being told the fabric would be received over 3 weeks after I placed my order. Even then, I do not trust that date since the previous date they gave me was false.

They didn't offer any compensation, such as express shipping or discounts for the huge inconvenience on their part.

Terrible communication, transparency, and efficiency. I do not recommend!

shelleyp43
4/10/19

Sadly all the 1 star reviews are true. The pillow inserts I ordered were good quality & priced fairly but this company is going to fail (or at the very least not do nearly as well as they could) because of poor customer service. The 1st order was slow to ship but arrived with no issues. The 2nd order I placed still showed in process online but I received a box of inserts that appeared to be someone else's order. I emailed them with photos of the pillow tags I received and a copy of the shipping label with the tracking number telling them I think I got someone else's order & asked what they wanted me to do. Honestly I could not have been more detailed. 2 days later I got a response from Matty that it shows my order was received and they were closing the ticket. Didn't appear he had even read my message? So I sent a 2nd message and a few days later he let me know yes their warehouse had sent the wrong order & now they need me to ship it back. Fine-printed the label, taped up the box, drove it to UPS same day they sent it to me & let them know it was on its way. A week later I still didn't have my inserts so I checked online and they still hadn't shipped! When I contacted Matty he said they couldn't ship my order (that I had placed correctly and paid for over 2 weeks ago), because they had to receive their mistake back at their facility 1st. WHAT? What company delays a customers order because they make a mistake??? I asked to speak to a supervisor thinking they would apologize and tell me their rep had misunderstood. Nope she said this is their policy so I asked to speak to a manager and SAME STORY. The reps were just following her policy. Even if the mistake was there's, they hold the customers correctly placed order until they get the wrong pillows back!! They can't trust they'll get their pillows back otherwise. Wow. The manager truly had no sense of how poor of a policy this was. Since they had received the pillows back she could expedite the shipping but not much else she could do. This manager is leading her team by example and its a poor one. I'll be finding another place to order my inserts and letting the Etsy community know of my experience.

joans270
4/3/19

We ordered 9 swatches for our couch reupholstering. One large swatch came direct from the manufacturer in two days. The other 8 took two weeks plus and were the size of a square of toilet tissue. "Matty"was just downright NASTY and did NOTHING to assist us. So, we just bought $3,000.00 worth of material DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER! Our sofa and window treatments will look beautiful, no thanks to on line fabric store. They should hire people who can cut straight, too. Doesn't take much to cut and send swatches!

laurad441
3/28/19

I ordered a red micro velvet Fabric... Two weeks after I ordered I was waiting for the fabric, expecting it to arrive any day since I was not notified that the fabric was on back order or notified that there was a delay with this order. So I decided to call them and ask why I had not received the fabric, I was told that it was on back order and that I would receive it by 27th of March. Today is March 27th, I have not received a confirmation on the shipment or any notification at all that the fabric is on back order, NOT EVEN A PHONE CALL!!! So when I called again today (3/27/19) they tell me that the fabric will be on back order until the end of APRIL!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? IS THIS A JOKE? AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH? BUYER BEWARE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY VERY UNRELIABLE . 0- I asked for a refund and Katherine told me she would get back to me, she did not. she told me she would get in touch with the manufacturer and would get back to me... Two hours later I had not heard from her So I called, and who ever I spoke to would not put her on the phone. Here we are 24 hours later and I have not received a phone call, an email or my refund!

sl159
3/27/19

Sent entirely wrong fabric. Not a question of shading or dye lot; entirely wrong fabric.
I sent them email same day as arrival with clear photo of item ordered and contrasting
item which was received. Next day received a canned response thanking me for my contact
and closing out the complaint. Well, that's one way to adjust the statistics to show how
efficient they are in handling problems. I again reopened the complaint. Next person said
they were looking at my original picture but couldn't see comparison very well, even though
my picture was sent at high resolution and clearly showing a wrong order fullfillment.
As requested, a new high resolution picture was sent, and acknowledged with comment that
a mistake was likely; they would let me know promptly after verification. "Verification" was
right in front of them and had been since I sent my original email with clear picture of the mistake. It is now multiple days later and I have never heard from ONLINE FABRIC STORE
and suspect that I will never hear from them. I only wish that I had thought to have checked
their "reviews" before ordering from them. That would have told me all I needed to know.
STAY AWAY, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK, DANGER !

robinw177
3/25/19

CONSUMER ALERT: https://www.onlinefabricstore.net/
= Worst store ever. OVER THREE MONTHS OF ME calling weekly to see when my order will ship (not a large or custom order), got runaround "next week", "next week", "next week". Never any updates, never any notice of any of their "vendor problems". THREE MONTHS LATER, I CALL AND DEMAND ANSWERS - INSIST THEY GIVE ME AN ANSWER. THEY SAY THEIR VENDOR HAS NOT EVEN BEGUN MAKING THE FABRIC I ORDERED!!! DO NOT TRUST, DO NOT PURCHASE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT EVER PURCHASE FROM ONLINE FABRIC STORE. MINE IS NOT THE ONLY POOR REVIEW, OR THE ONLY PROBLEM (per BBB). I ONLY WISH I'D SEEN THE POOR REVIEWS EARLIER.

corriec1
3/19/19

They said they shipped my item, but I never received it. I paid for my order but I never got it, and when I discussed the problem with them they refused to issue me a refund, even a partial refund. They should have offered to investigate the problem with the shipping company, in order to find a solution, but they refused to even do that. They are aggressive and unreasonable. What a waste of money, time, and energy. I will never ever buy from this company again.

samanthas274
3/18/19

The only good thing was the fabric itself shipping was late never received email verification I paid shipping for set days and was way later and never even found out my fabric was inn back order till 6 messages later

anitam149
3/16/19

Placed an order for 23 yds of fabric for my sofa. I have called and emailed customer service for a status of my order. One excuse after another and still no fabric after 2 months. Find another fabric store. This one is terrible!

ninak48
3/8/19

I bought some fabric. 3 weeks later, don't have my package or money back. Most of the time 90% they don't answer the phone and never answer their emails. The rudest customer service employees ever including their supervisor. My option now is to sue or forget the money. They are truly a horrible thieving company.

ninaj25
3/5/19

I ordered 5 different fabrics from them. they waited 2 weeks to send them out. Then, they left out my suite #. I have been calling ups all day to correct that and they keep saying that the sender has to do that. But, THEY ARE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. MY PACKAGES ARE GOING BACK TO THEM BECAUSE I CAN'T GET AHOLD OF THEM. Also, I can't get my money back. fraudulent operation

marleyl1
3/5/19

I placed an order for some beautiful oilcloth and about a week after purchasing, I called (and emailed customer service) to get shipping updates. Come to find out the oilcloth I purchased was back ordered and not expected to arrive to their warehouse a week and half from now. So I am now estimating to get my order about a month+ out from when I ordered it. When I asked if there was anything they could do to rectify this, since I was never notified and it said nothing about it being back ordered (out of stock) online, they said no. I asked for expedited shipping and they said no. What a poorly run company. I will never purchase from them again which is such a disapointment since I truly liked their selection and prices. Oh well, looks like I'll gladly pay more at a different company.

randir6
2/21/19

Ordered fabric in November thinking I would get it by the beginning of December for a birthday. After 3 weeks I was wondering where my order was, they said it will still be another few weeks. Birthday present then turned into a Christmas present. Did I get my fabric? NOPE. Contacted them again and now they said I would get it in FEBRUARY! My card wouldn't get charged until it shipped so I said I didn't want my order anymore. Fabric should not take months to receive. I will never buy anything from here again and I hope you don't either.

terriw8
2/16/19

They do not refund due to problems with shipping.
Ups says shipper should refund.
What a run around. Do not buy from this store if you have deadline to met

jordanh130
1/19/19

I ordered my fabric and they did not email me anything for over a month and then told me that it was shipping. I bought it for a Christmas gift, and I bought it on December 4th and it didn't ship until January 15th. Honestly, this company should be put out of business because they have no concept of time or communication skills. I am upset that I did not read reviews before buying from them because most of the reviews are so accurate.

rihanam
1/15/19

The worst online store. Never buy from them. They take money and no parcel will be given to you!!!! I waited over two months and asked them to inform me about my parcel and the only thing they kept doing was to send the same meaningless emails!!! Now I have nothing! No parcel, no refund!!!

jimm805
1/11/19

A small order was packaged as 2 items, email about shipping arrived after the package which took 11 days & didn't mention that there were 2 packages. Customer service assured me on a second order that it would be shipped as 1 package, waiting for a back ordered item that should be fulfilled in 2 days. 14 hours later, an email informed me the item wouldn't be available for over 2 weeks, so I called to cancel, but they'd already shipped part of it. This meant I would pay $7 in shipping for less than $5 of items & had to pay another vendor similar shipping to get what I really wanted in a reasonable amount of time. I won't deal with them again.

joellao
12/28/18

The ribbon was out of stock but they accepted the order and didn't let me know. I had to find ribbon for the wedding at the last minute because it came over a month later and the wedding was over. They refused to pay for the shipping back even though I refused the package. They said I never contacted them to cancel which I did through their website. Never buy from here.

karenw497
12/10/18

I've waited now for going on two months for my order. Part of it was delivered SIX WEEKS after placing my order, but I'm still waiting on the more expensive part of my order. They have not emailed me ANYTHING about my order AT ALL. I've tried to contact them via email, live chat & by phone & NOTHING!! I will NEVER buy from them again. Buyer beware!! You will pay for your fabric, but will NOT receive it. Full on thievery.

Questions? Get answers from the OnlineFabricStore.net staff and other customers.

5 Photos for OnlineFabricStore.net