Online Fabric Store

Online Fabric Store has a consumer rating of 1.59 stars from 300 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Online Fabric Store most frequently mention customer service, credit card and live chat problems. Online Fabric Store ranks 51st among Fabric sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 2.8%

• I was in a deadline rush and thanks To their great customer service, I was able to meet a deadline.

• I emailed Online Fabric Store and received the explanation that this item could not be fulfilled due to Covid.
  • My credit card was charged and the charge is still there today, 10 days later yet I have no fabric.
How would you rate Online Fabric Store?

“Great Service and fabric”

Jackie C.
9/17/20

Don't listen to the poor reviews and give this company a chance. I actually cancelled an order when I read some of the reviews only to later learn that this company is 100% responsive, what a mistake! As it turns out, I did end up getting some fabric which was received promptly and beautiful. The material is gorgeous and will be used for decorative pillows, dandelion-yellow. Don't let Covid ruin them.

“Absolutely Rubbish Customer Service!”

Diana J.
10/26/20

Having ordered my fabric (value of around £70) and noticing the money had been taken from my account within hours, I assumed I'd get my order delivered speedily but no! Three weeks later and with NO communication whatsoever I emailed them. NO response! The following day I emailed them again. I got a voicemail telling me that DPD had lost my package and so I asked for the tracking number to chase it up myself... strange that because the very next day, without any tracking number my parcel arrived! Avoid this company please!

fabric store (0) credit card (22) customer service (92)
dianaj186
October 26th, 2020

jacks1006
June 24th, 2020

After waiting 17 days for my fabric and trying to reach them through emails with no responses and many phone calls and being put on hold for long periods of time with no response. I finally connected with them on Facebook messenger. They said my fabric was on back order and had no idea when it would come in. This is unacceptable they should have notified me right away. I told them to refund me and I purchased somewhere else. This is no way to run a business, stay away from this place.

jamesw2740
December 9th, 2020

I've been waiting over 8 months for mine. Numerous emails and phone calls... no response. They sent the wrong product and cannot figure out what I am talking about. It is like English is a foreign language to whoever they have doing customer service. I am giving it up as a loss and lesson learned.

shiorin
January 19th, 2021

Purchased more than months ago and haven't got my package yet.
Can't even track my package because it saids currently the store is not available...
How is that even possible.
Customer service is useless.
There just asking me same question over and over again. Feel like it's just a automatic reply.
This is a fraud company.
Please don't buy it.
I really regret my stupit purchase.

Products used:
Kids toy

bb384
April 28th, 2020

I placed an order on 3/31 and have received nothing as of 4/28. I've reached out several times via email and over a dozen times on the phone, they haven't responded. My money has been on hold, "processing" making it unable to dispute the charge with the bank. This is very frustrating especially since I ordered the supplies to make masks/PPE to donate to health care workers. I won't shop here again and would strongly recommend avoiding OnlineFabricStore.net.

francesf122
March 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

OFS used to have the best feather/down pillow inserts with the best pricing! What happened? I stopped ordering from them two years ago for my pillow store because the quality and price point were just not worth it. Unfortunately, they are the only supplier of 14" pillow forms and went ahead and ordered from them. Big mistake! There are back orders in top of the back orders. Ok, fine. I can deal with that. But, c'mon customer service rep... do you have to be so rude and condescending? This is no way to retain/gain customers.

summero4
May 12th, 2020

I ordered my fabric on 4/24/20 and received and email with order confirmation and that's it. Nothing since. I've emailed twice and now on the phone for over 30 minutes and can't get anyone to answer emails or my call. Status of order shows it's still not shipped. The world is coming back into order so this should NOT be such a back up for fabric or customer service. I'm appalled at their customer service. Especially during this time. I have no idea how to get my money back either. Terrible company and I'll make sure every review site knows it.

meganb348
August 9th, 2020

I placed an order on 6/22. It is 8/9 and I haven't received any updates, and despite contacting them 3 times so far, no one has reached out to me to answer me back. They took the money from my account the day I ordered, but I have not received anything. If you're going to take this long, at least have your customer service up and running. If you're backed up for months, you should have an estimated processing time posted somewhere on your site!

nancip14
August 28th, 2020

I ordered some lining fabric six weeks ago because it was a good price. What a huge mistake! I should have just spent a little more locally and I would have been done with the project weeks ago. As it is, I'm STILL waiting for the fabric to arrive, and I only get an auto-reply to my email inquiries saying they'll get back to me soon. Their idea of "soon" does not align with Webster's dictionary's definition. Nor mine. This is ridiculous.

brittanyj123
June 26th, 2020

Just got my order after waiting two months to the day! I tried contacting customer service about five or six times just to get an order status. Either I was on hold for over an hour with no luck (just ended up hanging up) or they changed the status of my online service request to 'resolved' even though I never heard from anyone. Now that I finally got my order, there's two items missing. I contacted customer service again, but something tells me I'm not going to hear back from them.

clairea71
June 1st, 2020

They were taking orders during April that they knew they couldn't fill and instead of being honest about their available inventory they just let people sit and wait. After two weeks of nothing, I cancelled my orders only to have them ship it anyway 6 weeks later. I've sent a dozen emails and called customer service to return the fabric and get my money back and they don't even respond. There is special place in hell for scam artists like online fabric store that profited off a crisis.

caroll635
July 18th, 2020

I had a very large order with them received two shipments and am still trying to get two items missing from the order. I have called and left messages, i have emailed several times with no response. It has been close to a month and still no word on my missing items! Their service sucks! I will be looking elsewhere for my products in the future! They continue to use COVID as an excuse but online orders should still have been processed even during the worst of it!

jenc141
June 16th, 2020

I have the same experience as everyone else here. Ordered fabric in the beginning of May. It is now the middle of June and no shipping emails and zero communication from this store. I have sent 3 emails with no response from customer service. I have called daily for a week and waited for over an hour on the phone and no one will pick up the call. They have taken my money and disappeared. Do not order form this store!

tomw810
May 26th, 2020

Read the reviews "Before" you purchase from this company. The only people they are keeping in business is the BBB. Just like everyone else, I have tried everything in the book with no response. I'm going on 4 months, and I still haven't received my order. Do a little bit of research, there are plenty of companies that will give you the Customer Service we all deserve. How they can stay in business is beyond me.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from this business!

mariae287
April 20th, 2020

I do not recommend anyone to buy online at this business, I ordered a product with them two weeks ago and nobody gives me information about my order, when you call customer service they leave you waiting for a long time and then they hang up, no longer i don't want nothing from them just my refund

cjw27
May 12th, 2020

My order was probably worth less than most other purchases made on the site, but eventually everything arrived exactly as promised, in one box, and in decent time considering the current circumstances and warnings from the site that delays were likely. The only thing is that after about four or five weeks there was still no shipping confirmation, and I started to get worried. However, when I emailed customer service that I would like to cancel my order they did respond within one business day and sent me my tracking number so I could start following the progress of my package. I have experienced similar shipping delays with art supplies and craft stores online. I feel like the current pandemic is hitting these kinds of stores extra hard and online sales might be way different for them in comparison to fashion stores and thrifting sites.

Products used:
I bought several bottles/boxes of Rit fabric dye.

lauriem646
December 2nd, 2020

10 days after the order was placed zero communication, order hasn't shipped, no tracking. I get that we're heading into a holiday, but it's 2020; we have the technology to at least communicate what's happening with an order. I wonder what percentage of orders placed ever actually reach their destination. Shop elsewhere, there's no guarantee you'll ever get your fabric from this company.

charlesl831
January 12th, 2021

I cant get a straight answer. They are rude and unhelpful! I will never buy from them again.
Do yourselves a favor and dont fall for their slightly lower price. Ordered early December still haven't received fabrics they said would be available first week in January! Now they say end of month
Lots of BS!

michellec1160
June 25th, 2020

Ordered May 1, it is now June 25, I have been patient but since the website gives absolutely no information about the status of your order, I was forced to email them. TWICE. No reply. I get the COVID thing and all but they could at least post online what the hell is going on with the order. Didn't get an answer until I canceled the order. This place sucks, not worth the aggravation.

davidj1288
July 13th, 2020

After not receiving our order in two months, we attempted to cancel the order multiple times within a four week period. We got absolutely no response on both voicemails and emails.
After waiting more than 2 months it showed up at the door. We already made the purchase elsewhere so we requested a return authorization. Guess what they responded for the very first time and just said no.

yehezkely
August 19th, 2020

Never got an acknowledgement my order was received. Tried calling but after 45 -60 minutes on hold, the line was dropped (several times). Emailed them, got an acknowledgement they got it and someone will reply. No one did.

I went ahead and got what I need from eBay. I got it right away. A month and a half later, I am getting my package from onlinfabric. Sure, blame it on Covid but I say this happened because you run a clown business. I am still disputing their charge with Amex. What a waste of time!

karahw
June 10th, 2020

For the last 7 weeks i have been waiting on fabric. Every time i call the line shuts off. EVERY. TIME. I have sent three emails. I have requested a refund. I have been charge but not received my items. Yes i understand things are wild for everyone these days, however but even communicating but saying your open and answering email is kind of crap. Ordering them them helps keep my business afloat too and my clients happy. You think they're be som empathy right now. I will never order from them again.

maureenl172
March 19th, 2021
Verified purchase

NOTHING arrived! I called up to find out what happened and was told they did not have it in stock! WHEN were they going to tell me? Their customer service SUCKS!

dianar317
February 17th, 2020

They sold me items they didn't have in stock, sent a partial order and did not contact me about the back ordered items until after I got the partial shipment. Then when I called them they told me it would be in a few days later and shipped immediately. That day passed and of course they did not send the fabric or notify me. I have wasted months waiting! The service could not be worse or more dishonest!

elleg17
June 11th, 2020

... after two conversations resulting in two promises to ship with no results I had to know. I spoke with Paige who was well versed at dealing with customer challenges. It's not worth mentioning the details of the conversation but I recommended they be honest with their consumers and consider reevaluating their business volume/practices. Only online sellers can get away with this type of behavior.

Ask them for your tracking number. I did and my order arrived the very next day!

By Diana J.