Review of OnlineCarStereo

Tel: 1-310-526-8635
customerservice@onlinecarstereo.com

jorgeg101
1/22/19

This is the worst experience ever, from the sales person (Juan Lopez) to the "manager" (Marvin). They sold me a bad amplifier and made me pay shipping back, but not just that. After speaking to (manager:Marvin) he stated that he will give me a full refund due to the issue, so I was okay with paying shipping. A week later they received the amplifier but still no refund. Took them 2 months to process the refund and when refund was processed they decided to charge me shipping and restocking fee for an item that came defective. I called them about this and all they had to say "we sent money back to get what we sent you, can't work anything out) ending up loosing half of price of amplifier only because their stupid bad amplifier!

AGAIN STAY AWAY, THEY SELL BROKEN ITEMS AND WONT EVEN GIVE YOU MONEY BACK! OR AN EXCHANGE!

roryc30
12/23/18

I bought a sound stream mono block amp . i received it box looked ok but after opening it i found the bass control knob smashed like the picture below . After days of calling the customer support phone number..I finally got through to Juan Lopez then he said he needed pictures of the damaged bass knob.I sent him 3 pictures the only reply i recice was he had gotten and seen the pictures. i called after 3 months go by. And no email or phone call from him so i called once again never got through to him just answering MACHINE message.. I left many MESSAGES but no reply I called again this time i talk to Tammi T in CS department e mails went back and forth with me sending her all the pictures again which i did ALREADY TO JUAN now TO HER.. THEY DELIBRITLY WAIT 30 DAYS if opened And 60 days if it is unopened SO THEY DONT HAVE TO REPLACE IT FOR FREE ...AFTER 4 MONTHS GO BY I RECIVED A EMAIL FROM TAMMI T SAYING I HAVE TO WAIT TELL MANUFACTURE WARRENTY RUNS OUT FIRST BECOUSE IT IS OVER THE 30 DAY REPLACEMENT POLICY . IT HAS BEEN 9 MONTHS SINCE I BOUGHT THE AMP FOR 285 DOLLARS AND 30 MORE DOLLARS FOR THE CPS EXTENDED WARRANTY ...I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR TO GET A DAMN BASS KNOB . THE EXTENDED WARRANTY IN MY CASE TAMMI WROTE ME BACK SAYING IT won't even be available until MARCH OF 2019 Please be patient you will then receive an email to register you have plenty time. If you
have further questions or issues feel free to call customer service at 310-526-8635.
Sincerely
Tammi Town
I bought the extended Warranty called CPS so this kind of thing did not happen well its been 9 months now and still no bass knob i should not have to wait until manufacture warranty i/e sound stream warranty is up for a cheap part like a bass knob!!!! I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN AND i will not ever recommend them to anyone ever again. Over the years i bought lots of stereo stuff from them thousands of dollars worth from 1999 tell 2018 BUT NO MORE . IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT THE EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR YOUR PRODUCT YOU HAVE TO WAIT TELL MANUFACTORS WARRANTY RUNS OUT i/e who the maker of said product is in order to USE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY YOU BUY at check out and. BY THAT TIME MOST PEOPLE FORGET OR ARE NOT WAITING FOR ONLINE CAR STEREO TO FIX THE ITEM AND MAKE IT RIGHT
thank god i was able to take the damaged bass knob apart and fix it myself or i would still be waiting another 2 months tell march 2019 FOR A DAMN BASS KNOB then go through the whole BS again AS PER COMPANYS WARRANTY POLICY . THERES MORE BAD REVIEWS THEN GOOD REVIEWS AND THE GOOD REVIEWS ARE FROM THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT HAD TO CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT FOR WARRANTY ISSUES

jims572
7/31/18

Super slow took 2 weeks just for them to acknowledge the order. I have no doubt they would have kept my money and never shipped anything if I did not call them. Pretty shady. I am in the 4th week waiting and still no product.

jamesh817
5/11/18

This company/site seems to operate outside the realms of reality, accountability, and professionalism, let alone the rule of law. I ordered a Pioneer - DEH-80PRS through them because I'm a normal guy who googled the product, saw it was 5 bucks cheaper with OnlineCarStereo alongside great sites like Crutchfield, and figured I would just go with them, save the couple dollars and wait a couple days extra because I'm not in a rush. Immediately after ordering I recieved an order confirmation email from the site saying my order was recieved, but it takes a couple days to process, weekends not included. This seemed lazy, but normal for a cheaper site. There was no tracking information provided in the email, but I figured that email would come in the next couple days. About a week went by and I gave them a call. The ONLY REMOTELY positive experience about this whole nightmare was that wait time was usually minimal to talk to someone. This first time I called was a week after I ordered, and it was to ask about the tracking information. The guy I talked to was nice enough, and said that the part was on the way from Pioneer. It would arrive the next day on friday and get to me in Oakland from their los angeles warehouse saturday or Monday. The following Wednesday I gave them a call to ask about the whereabouts of my order. They told me, as if this was somehow new developments, that my radio had to be special ordered. None of this made sense since I had been already waiting a week and a half to just recieve a tracking number. It was at this point that I knew that this site was bad news to its core. They told me the pioneer would come on Thursday, and then would be shipped to me Thursday or Friday. I called on Thursday, and they said they didn't know when my radio would arrive that day and they might not be able to send it out until the next day. It is now Friday, I called them this morning to ask if my radio arrived at their warehouse, and they told me that I had arranged a refund the day before, which did not happen at all. The fact that they actually administered me a refund (or at least an email claiming I was being issued a refund) made me so relieved because I was so sure this entire time that they would take my $280 and walk away. When I called people literally couldn't tell me anything about my order, and every time I called I was told something different. The second to last conversation I had with them the woman hung up on me in the middle of me asking how they can operate like this. Once my refund was confirmed, I immediately went on crutchfield, found the same product for virtually the same price, and am now getting it shipped overnight for 70$ because that is how much I value the stress that Online Car Stereo put me through. If giving someone your money and deliberately/explicitly not getting the service or product that you pay for is a thrill, then I recommend this site. If you're ordering the most basic, accessible product that they're incompetent team can order for you and don't mind waiting weeks, or even months, or if youre into medieval torture, than this site is tolerable. If you want to give someone hundreds of your dollars so that they can drag you through weeks of frustration before they tell you they can't get you what they said you could, than this site's for you. If you're at least as professional as a toddler-run lemonade stand and expect someone to give you something when you pay for it, than this site will disappoint you, scar you for life, rob you of weeks of stress-free happiness, and possibly even hundreds of your dollars. I am still waiting on my refund, but I want to leave this review for your much needed absorption and never think about this site or the experience it gave me ever again.

Tip for consumers: They will almost definitely not get you the product you want, let alone on time, let alone at all. They should not be in business.

jojos8
5/2/18

I had to keep emailingover and over. Wanted to return item. When they finally got back to me said my return period expired even though they said return period was 2 months. I hadn't even had it a month. Wish I had read reviews first. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

larryh138
3/28/18

Do not buy from or do any kind of business with this shady, unethical company! I recently ordered a pair of speakers, and the company only shipped one speaker. After I pointed out that their product page clearly showed the speakers were sold in pairs and my order clearly described the product I was buying was a pair, and even shared screenshots as such they changed their product description and actually went in and changed my order to show these speakers were sold individually. I attempted to get them to send me the 2nd speaker, and their Customer Service people, Juan Lopez and Tammi T. simply used excuses and delay tactics to put me off with no clarification and no resolution to the point where I am now trying to return the single speaker and get my money back. Ive filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, where there are at least 4 other complaints against this company.

alexd168
2/8/18

I was on the middle of my purchase when I went to get my card and came back they change the price on both of my items price went from $ 528.95 to $ 549.07 the second item from 300.00 to 363.95 I called the costumer service they was rude and didn't do anything about bad company bad reputation STAY AWAY

brianr170
11/1/17

I ordered a pair of what was suppose to be brand new speakers. When I received them it was so obvious they they were a return/open box from another customer. The main tape seal was still there but someone had clearly forced open the box from the side and I could tell that someone had repackaged everything inside. I asked for a refund and returned them. It took almost two months of constantly calling to finally get just part of my refund back. Don't waste your time with this low budget company..........use https://www.crutchfield.com/ instead, they are the best.

caseyh35
10/21/17

They have had great items at competitive prices. I have never used expedited shipping, but I have received my orders in complete working orders. I ya e done a fair amount of business with them, and now find myself in need of their services again. Hopefully the good trend continues. Five stars from me.

sauls20
8/31/17

I ordered two items, one arrived on time the other item was shipped way late and arrived a week later, I explained that because of the delay I would be returning the second item. According the the return policy they require that shipping cost be covered before the give you a return authorization, I paid them their fee and sent back the item only to discover that they were going to refund me a partial amount due to "restocking" fees and then they double charged me again for shipping! I called them about this but never heard back, I also emailed them twice and again I never heard back, they ripped me off for about $18.00 and not worth pursuing any further however others that may be interested in buying from this vendor should be aware of their deceitful tactics.

manfreda1
6/23/17

This company is the most dishonest company I've had the unfortunate opportunity doing business with. Their customer service are some of the most unprofessional group of individuals. I placed in order online 15 June for a set of dvd headrest and on the 19th of June they called me to offer a similar product claiming the original item I ordered was currently on backordered and the offered product is currently in stock. I reluctantly accepted the deal with one condition, which was I need the product by the 24th. I sells rep stated if I was to accept the deal, she would complete the paperwork and have the orders ship out that same day and it would take 3-4 business days. On the 21st I checked online for status via UPS and no status. I called the company, and once again they told me another lie, stating I had to wait until late that evening for UPS to update their system. On the 23rd I called them again, to question the legitimacy of the transaction only to be disrespected by one of their consultants "Alex." First I was put on hold for more than 12 minutes, then she hung up on me after she was caught in another lie. I soon realized this is the normal business practice for this company. Since they would not answer my calls, I decided to email them. I told them I want my order cancelled and I will file a formal complaint with Better Business Beruau. I received an email from Juan Lopez asking me to give them until money to ship the merchandise. The nerves of these people. I will never nor would I ever recommend anyone to buy anything from this company.

maxp47
5/18/17

I ordered a sub and deck from them. They shipped me the incorrect deck and wanted me to send pictures to prove it. They then wanted me to pay for return shipping for their error. They then refused to send me the correct deck until they received the incorrect one back. They then couldn't even figure out how to get me the correct shipping label. I requested to speak with a manager and evidently there are never any managers 'available' to speak with. I spoke with Tammi and Alex from customer service. Both were extremely inefficient and Alex was very rude. This site is a joke. I ended up disputing the charge with my bank to get my money back. Do yourself a favor and spend a few extra bucks to get your stuff from a reputable site. I wish I had read reviews about how terrible onlinecarstereo is before purchasing from them.

marcelg11
4/18/17

I placed an order thru them on 4/5 they said they would charge me when it shipped, well they charge me right away and called me to tell me that it would ship on 4/10....well it never shipped and I have spoken to customer service every day and there has been a different story every day they even went so far as to tell me its on back order (flat out lie) I spoke to the manufacture they have plenty in stock and no pending orders for onlinecarstereo.com....they don't sell direct so I used them as a middleman... by the way it is 4/18 and they still haven't shipped and told me they did...fake tracking number time to dispute the charges

Tip for consumers: Dont do it, pay the extra few bucks from someone else

davec127
12/31/16

I purchased a $120 item. It worked for a week. I contacted onlinecarstereo, and they made me pay $20 to ship it back. Then I got an email that they had received it and asked if I wanted to return or replace it. I said replace. Three weeks go by, with me asking for updates and getting no reply. I finally emailed them and said I was done waiting. Just refund my money. They refunded me $96. So basically I paid $24 for nothing and $$20 for return shipping. And never an apology. Stay away from onlinecarstereo.

kristoffers
10/3/16

I was a onlinecarstereo.com customer for a few years but not anymore i have been installing since I was 13 and recently bought a subwoofer from the company. I built a custom enclosure for the subwoofer that was built to the manufacture recommended specifications. 12 hours later the subwoofer is no longer working. I call to let them know what happened they want me to pay to have sent back and on top of that upon further review of their return policy on speakers and subwoofers the do not warranty because it is blown or burnt voice coils are due to customer error. Sometimes yes that can be the issue but with someone who is experienced and knows exactly what they are doing it's an insult. That's why i will no longer shop or suggest anyone buy from this company.

billyv3
8/30/16

I think many people give these folks a bad name for several reasons shipping customer service. We are all anxious to receive our orders and may have a tendency to over react when our orders are not processed and shipped immediately. I know for a fact that customer service gets overwhelmed with shipping questions, they will get back with you just give them some time. As far as shipping after you see it has been picked up by ups it is out of there hands nothing they can do! It's on ups. If you are a Midwest or eastcoast customers expect to wait 5 to seven days for your order. UPS Will normally put those packages on a train for cross country shipping. So if you unsure about using these guys as I was as long as you understand that time is what is needed to fix any issues go ahead and give these guys a try

mattg43
11/16/15

This company is by far the worst online sales I've yet to come across... ordered an amp and money was tooken out instantly. Took 2 days to actually file my order and when time came. I ended receiving a email saying item has been back ordered and had to wait 2 days to even see what was going on because they aren't open on weekends. This store should definitely be ran out of business... my advice is stay away... they are a unorganized company and apparently don't know how to keep track of inventory.

mj113
11/9/15

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM! Tried buying two JL 10" subs from them that said they were in stock, about a week later, got a message that they weren't in stock, so they gave me a refund. Made a mistake and decided to go with some different JL subs that also said they were in stock. (What was I thinking?!) Made the order on oct 23, which was Friday, so never heard from anyone until Monday (Understandable..) My account said they had been shipped, but UPS was waiting to receive the packages. Well after a week of waiting, the tracking info still said the same thing. Called Customer service, the guy told me they were being shipped straight from JL audio because they were "specialty" items, and that he would send the real tracking info to my email... waited the whole weekend and never received anything. Sent an email to their main customer service, never got a response. after 2 weeks of not receiving my order, tried calling again a little upset. Talked to a lady and she couldn't tell me anything, only that someone was going to contact me within 24 hours... Guess what, never heard anything.. Sent 2 more emails, one to the customer service, and one to a manager. Never got a response! Finally after 3 weeks, called again pretty upset, the guy finally tells me they cant get in stock and are giving me a refund... What a waste of my life. I'll never buy anything from this crap company again. Learn Customer service people!

jonasa11
6/11/15

they are a scam firm. selling products that do not have.Half a year ago I bought from them amplifiers for $ 6,013, up to now they did not complete the deliver them.They owe me $ 450 for not delivered amplifiers.they have no answer to the @ letters.they have not answered phone calls.Do not have affairs with these scam!!!

camillem13
4/17/15

I had a very unpleasant experience with this company. I spoke with a man from the customer service department on about ten minutes before closing, in regards to an online purchase i was trying to make but was being denied because the billing address was saying it was incorrect. The man on the phone told me he could process my order, but would have to verify the billing address with my bank, and that once it was verified the product would be sent to me. My account was charged for the product as well as two day shipping. I did not receive a confirmation email, and the package never came so i called 3 days later. The new customer service man was rude from the moment he answered the phone. I told him i did not receive the package, he proceeded to tell me that the address was not verified. I was trying to ask him why it wasnt verified yet and tried to explain what the man the week before had said before he rudely interrupt me numerous times. Every time i tired to speak he was very rude and interrupted me. I asked the man what his name was and if i could speak with a manager or supervisor he told me, "i dont have to give you that information" after i asked once more to speak to someone in charge, he hung up on me. I called back seconds later and spoke to the man that i had spoken to the week before. He told me that the address was not verified by the bank because they were backed up, and he continued to tell me that the product i ordered was a pre-order and wasnt even in stock. He transferred me to a man named Joe who is supposedly in charge. I left a message and never got a call back. I even sent an email with no reply. My main issues here is the disrespect from the employees at this company,, also if this was a pre-order and it was known that the item i paid for plus the extra $40 for two day shipping why didn't anyone call me and tell me there was an issue?
The lack of communication and disrespect from employees and management for not responding to their customers is atrocious. I am very upset about the treatment i have received and will never use this company again.

Tip for consumers: Buyer Beware

leem46
12/27/14

i ordered a kenwwod deck from these guys. When it came it was defected would not come out of demo mode I called them and shipped it back to them at my expense. Six weeks later they told me the manufacturer wont warranty it and that kenwood would only give back a part of my money but because Im a good customer they will give me an extra twenty dollars. Needless to say it was bull and I could only get a store credit no deck and a third of my money gone....please dont shop here..I dont know how they get away with such crap.....

lonestarr
10/2/14

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND TIME. MOST OF THE ITEMS LISTED ON THE SITE ARE NOT AVAILABLE,IF THEY ARE WHEN YOU RECEIVE PACKAGE YOU WILL NOTICE THEY ARE REFURB.

davidl139
9/1/14

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ONLINECARSTEREO. They are Nothing but SCAMMERS. I placed a $700 order on TUESDAY. I called their customer service the following day to ask about how long it should take to receive the package because I have never dealt with these guys before. They said that before they can ship it I need to pay $180 in SHIPPING ALONE even though their website states that All orders over $99 get free shipping. Not only That but I would also have to change my shipping address from my Home P.O. Box to a physical address which isn't possible because I live in such a rural area. So I changed the shipping address to my brothers house which is in the nearest town over, 100 miles away, which meant that i also had to drive up there. Just to pick up my package. I cringed at the thought of that but they said it would arrive in 3 days flat and because im simply DYING to get my order in I agreed. Considering the fact that I live in Alaska and Im ready to do anything ro get my Orion HCCA and miscellaneous parts ASAP so I bent over backwords and paid for the shipping because shipping was about the same even on Amazon and I had already placed my order and had the money taken out of my bank account through PayPal. I waited FOUR DAYS before I drove up there to pick it up because my brother had just flown out of state for his whifes family emergency the day before and GUESS WHAT. NO PACKAGE. I proceeded to call OnlineCarStereo. You'll never believe what I found myself having to deal with; They ARE NOT open on weekends. I got to leave them a MESSAGE. So I proceeded to call UPS. Because their shipping information didnt make sense. They told me that UPS Never even RECIEVED the package yet. The OnlineCarStereo customer satisfaction guarantee that states that all packages get shipped out within 24 hours. That is the BIGGEST LOAD OF BS I have Ever had to deal with. So here i am FIVE days after I placed my order. 100 miles from home. No package. No response. Iv Never had to deal with such a poor customer service in my ENTIRE LIFE. I just left them Two messages stating that I Demand to talk to the poor bastard who was stupid enough to take the management position because when they call me back they will get an EARFUL. With my luck they wont be open Monday(tomorrow) either because its a holiday. All the more time for my blood pressure to raise. One thing I can promise you is that if I don't get FREE shipping (like their website originally claimed) in return for this BS headache and earful of LIES I will cancel my order. I thought that maybe this just happened to me but after Googling customer reviews for OnlineCarStereo i came to the realization that i was an IDIOT for buying from these guy. They have wasted MY time and they WILL waste your time. I simply can not emphasize enough on how pissed I am after reading all these reviews on how their customer service is a load of ****. Do NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ONLINE CAR STEREO THEY ARE NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS. If anyone has a petition going around to shut this conniving company down, please send me a link and you Will have my signature. Thank you for taking the time to read my rant. The hour of my life i wasted away writing this review will not have been spent in vain if i can prevent others from finding themselves in my shoes. Not to mention the hr and a half I spent driving up and the next hr and a half ill spend driving back home. Please don't put yourself in this situation thinking your going to save a few bux by trying to go through these guys. I repeat DO NOT BUY FROM ONLINECARSTEREO.

P.S.
I have never bothered writing a review on a website in my Life until today. THATS how Pissed off I am.

johnb316
8/13/14

If it was possible to give them no stars I would have. I placed my order online on Friday 08/01/2014. I was sent an email indicating that it was not possible for them to ship to an address other than the credit card/debit card billing address. In 22 years of purchasing goods/services on the internet I have never heard of this. I have purchased close to $1000 worth of items from other websites in the last 90 days and none of them required this. But it gets better... Once I called my credit card company and asked them to put my work address in my account notes as an alternate shipping address (which they in turn had never heard of this being requested by a merchant either) I called four times and sent two emails over a four day period to be told each time that it would be shipped out that night. Finally I had enough and I called and left a message on the voice mail of one of the staff. I requested a call or email back and got none, only an automated message indicating my order had shipped on 08/08/2014. On 08/12/2014 I got another automated message indicating that one of the TWO items I purchased from them (line level converter and a subwoofer) had to be shipped from one of their 'alternate warehouses' and it shipped on 08/12/2014. So, today (08/13/2014) one item is to be delivered and tomorrow (08/14/2014) the other is to be delivered. It should also be noted that on three separate occasions I called in I asked to speak with a supervisor, on all three occasions I was advised that there was none. I asked when they would be back, I was told, "they'll be in when they're in" and was hung up on. In my opinion this company needs to take some serious stock of their customer service skills and training. I will not be purchasing any more goods from this company even though they purport the best prices to me its worth spending another $30-50 to get my stuff where I want it shipped in 2-3 days time vs over two weeks. This is the information age, not the mail order catalog age.

tonyn12
2/14/13

Simply Horrendous. Dealing with these people; you might as well shoot yourself in the foot. They are extremely rude to you for no reason. I didn't quite understand. I was nice and respectful and above all patient. Throughout the whole process.

I ordered a sound processor from them, even purchased the additional 4 year extended protection plan. You think they would like to help you after you shove more money into their lap. But no, they dont even treat you like a number. They like to ignore phone calls and even e-mails. When I received a response, WEEKS later, I had problems with my unit, so they insisted on "testing" and repairing the unit telling me it would take "maybe 6 to 8 weeks".

3 MONTHS later, they just send me a replacement unit. Which they could have done in the first place. No customer service, no asking for feedback, no humans?

Hi, All products in the website are brand new and comes with 1 year warranty unless otherwise stated in the description. Thank you for your inquiry.

By Melinda C., OnlineCarStereo Representative

Sorry sir but unfortunately they are all out-of-stock. Thank you for your inquiry.

By Melinda C., OnlineCarStereo Representative

Questions? Get answers from the OnlineCarStereo staff and other customers.

4 Photos for OnlineCarStereo