Review of One Kings Lane

Tel: 855-746-7655
customercare@onekingslane.com

mikew548
2/8/19

Recently purchased a lamp. Upon inspection, it was clear that the base portion of the lamp was painted in a shoddy, absolutely unprofessional, attempt to cover an error in production. After communicating with companies customer service three times, was informed that I needed to take a picture of the product and send to customer service for review. Suspecting this company attempts to sell "seconds" or "irregular" products. Decided to keep lamp. Not worth the frustration to jump through their "hoops" for an exchange or refund. Caveat emptor.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Mike, We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It is standard practice to request photos of the damaged or defective item prior to return. Please know that should not delay your return and refund in anyway. We would be happy to process the return right away. Please reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com
maryannh39
2/6/19

Hold times for customer service are very long. Do not buy unless you plan on keeping. Took days to get a return authorization, 15 days have passed after they received lamp and no refund. Still waiting , no resolution or help on the phone. They blame everyone else. Horrible customer service. What is wrong with this company !?

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello MaryAnn, We're terribly sorry for the inconveniences you have had with this return. We see that our Customer Care team is working with you on this issue.
luzh7
2/2/19

On October 2018 I ordered a Kate sleeper sofa white crypton, it took almost 3 months to have it delivered, December 21st; this is not the worst part, it was supposed to be a "white glove" delivery, the packaging was so poorly done, the sofa was dirty and stained, the delivery people could not take it back. When I contacted OKL, the first answer was "get it cleaned by professional cleaners, send us the receive and we'll see if we can cover the whole thing" . VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, this is a NEW sofa why should I have to go through this process. I decided to return the piece, it took a month between having the sofa picked up and having the refund processed, I wasted 4 months of my time dealing with OKL. The quality of the product was ok, but the quality of process, packaging and delivery POOR.

johnt937
1/31/19

Ordered a 2 piece sectional from OKL on 11/28. "White glove" delivery was scheduled for 1/18 but the delivery service showed up with only 1 of 2 pieces, and the one that was delivered had a large, noticeable stain.

OKL's delivery service (Lodeso? Watkins-Stockton? Both are listed on delivery paperwork) has been absolutely worthless. I had to call 4 times to finally be told OKL's vendor had never shipped the second piece. Considering the same rep (Veronica) promised, then failed, to call back with status multiple times, I doubt they even checked. OnTrac has previously been my low bar for shippers but I think Lodeso/Watkins now has them beat.

Have also tried contacting OKL support multiple times via both phone and email. After holding for 40min on my first call and nearly 30min the second time, I was finally connected to a support rep. Was told it may take a few days to locate the missing piece and was promisedagain that I would receive a call back with status. Today was day 4 with no call back so i'll be calling them tomorrow.

Insult to injury, 5 days into this whole experience began, i receive an email from OKL confirming my order was delivered that day (actually HALF of it was delivered 5 days ago, not that day) and asking how they did. After responding via email that my order had not in fact been delivered, that I was extremely unhappy, and needed a call from OKL support to resolve, I heard nothing back for a full week. Even then I received a generic "we value your business..." email that didn't address anything related to my order.

Since OKL and their shipper have been totally unresponsive, i'm pursuing other options thru my credit card company, potentially small claims court, etc to get a refund. I'll never purchase anything from OKL again and will actively share my experience with others so they don't make the same mistake.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello John, We're sorry that you're disappointed with your order and experience. Our Customer Care team would love to make this right - Please reach out to me at cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
meaganc12
1/30/19

I am writing this as I sit on the phone waiting for a One Kings Lane customer service representative. I ordered two chenoiserie vases over Black Friday weekend, and returned them in December because they were much smaller than described on the website. I was sent a FedEx label and returned the package promptly. I have now sent four emails inquiring as to the status of my refund and cannot get a live person on the phone. This is the most frustrating return experience of my life and they are stealing money from customers. I will never do business with this company again after I get my refund.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Meagan, Our apologies for the inconvenience. Our Customer Care team would like to look into this for you - please reach out to them directly at cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
patriciam614
1/26/19

I purchased a pair of "vintage" porcelain lamps, which arrived damaged, and a framed piece of "vintage" artwork that was not at all how it was described or shown in the listing. Zero for two. Do not recommend, at least for their "vintage" (a fancy word for used) offerings.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Patricia, We're sorry that you're disappointed with your order. Our Customer Care team would love to make this right - they can be reached at customerassistance@onekingslane.com or you may reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
ilissaf
1/20/19

Finally found a dresser we really liked. Ordered and waited over 6 wks. Knew that when ordered. But when my holiday guests and their luggage arrived, I had no dresser for their stay. I had to follow-up w/OKL who then followed up with the 3rd party provider of the product. No response from OKL. I followed up again and was "resent" an email explaining they were investigating and would call me with status of my order. Again, nothing for another 2 days. Finally a cursory email simply stating my order has been cancelled. This lack of follow-through with no compensatory outreach such as a further discount on a future order, no shipping costs on a future order - something - to make up for this very unsatisfactory experience.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
We're so sorry for the disappointing experience - a Customer Care manager will be in touch ASAP to make this right.
laurenw151
1/18/19

I ordered a print I'd been dying to have for over a year. When it came I was SO excited and tore into the box, only to find the wrong thing. I called customer service and waited FOREVER to speak with someone who told me I needed to box it back up and take it to fedex. The replacement was ordered within a few days and 10 days later I received the replacement. I opened the box and it was WRONG AGAIN. After countless phone calls and emails a THIRD painting was ordered and an apology gift card was issued. I received the gift card today and guess what? It has a zero balance. So now I've had to open a case on the apology gift card!! This whole process is going on a month now and I've yet to receive the painting I ordered. At no time has anyone acted like they cared and not ONE TIME has anyone called me back. It's been up to me to follow up everyday and spend countless hours on hold. I hope this company goes bankrupt.... such a garbage business.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Lauren, We're so sorry for the disappointing experience and frustrations you have had with this order. We see that our Customer Care team has been working with you on this. They will be in touch as soon as they have an update on the issue.
roberts1654
1/17/19

Just like everyone says- it took 3 months for the delivery to finally come. It came broken and scratched- and now its been a nightmare trying to get someone to discuss it. They are a terrible terrible company. I wish I read these reviews before my wife ordered this.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Robert, Our Customer Care team would like to turn your experience around! Please reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
tiffanym175
1/15/19

I ordered multiple items from this company and every bit of the process has been a complete nightmare!!! There is no customer service, items arrived damaged, the returns process has become impossible. 25 emails and hours of phone calls later, the issues are still not resolved. Save yourself the hassle and stay away!

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Tiffany, Our Customer Care team would like to turn your experience around! Please reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
alisonh79
1/14/19

Ordered an ottoman in early November. Was told 6 weeks and it would be shipped. Called, emailed with very little response. Only to be told on January 14th the vendor was no longer in business and they could not fulfill the order. Horrible customer service. Barely apologized. Company is unprofessional and has expanded to the point of not checks and balances. Would not recommed! Has messed up the whole design of a room being installed in 10 days!

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Alison, We're so sorry for the disappointing experience, we see that our Customer Care team is working with you on this issue.
jasonw360
1/10/19

I purchased a side table for my guest bedroom over the holidays. The table looked well designed, however, I had a change of mind before One Kings Lane delivered the item.

I called customer service to see if the item delivery could be cancelled (I hadn't even received it yet). And they wanted to charge a $250 return shipping fee + $50 restocking fee. So a total of $300 in fees on an item that was $350.

I even offered to ship the item back myself (i get discounted rates on shipping due to my business) on my own dime and they said that wasn't within their "polilcy". Even after the rep spoke to her manager they said they couldn't waive any fees (even the $50 restocking fee).

This is literally the worst shopping experience I've ever had online. I hope Onekingslane goes bankrupt. They treat their customers like utter garbage.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Jason, because we work so closely with different manufacturers, our ultimate goal is to ensure we can deliver a quality product to you in a timely manner. Due to this we were unable to cancel your order for the table. We offer our sincerest apologies for any frustration this may cause.
athenad6
12/10/18

Scored a great deal on nightstands, which qualified for free shipping, according to their own site. I was still charged for shipping and had to contact customer service who and was told they would credit it when item shipped. They didn't. They just cancelled the order, and then I was not able to re-order because they were "out of stock". Spoke with THREE reps about this throughout the painful experience. This was not a complicated order, and they botched it. They offered a 20% discount on any replacement; which was the SAME offer posted on their website at the time, LOL! I don't trust this company and you shouldn't either.

shellif3
11/29/18

called and after a VERY long hold was told that there is a 20$ return fee. will not be ordering from them again.

tirag
11/28/18

Ordered book shelf ladder this summer. Arrived in 10+ broken pieced with nails sticking out everywhere. After three attempts to pick it up from me, the store said to just throw it out ( lost money tipping doormen for garbage disposal). Ordered a pair of armoirs, arrived six weeks ago and 30+ emails later I am still waiting for the replacements as one was so defective that it hard to understand how it left the warehouse floor - cracked drawer and multiple drawers off the tracks so that they hit/ squeak and chip the other drawers when opening and closing. THESE ARE $3K dressers. The furniture has since gone on sale (for a higher price than at competing companies) and I am waiting for the credit and replacements despite 5-7 phone calls and 30+ emails assuring me this will all be handled. NOT HANDLED. I have spent HOURS AND HOURS trying to resolved this. This company sells some of the most poorly manufactured furniture at some of the highest market rates and despite customer service assuring you they are handling the situation - NOTHING gets done. Terrible, horrible, inexcusably bad products and service. Don't be deceived by the savvy pictures and marketing.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Tira,
We are so sorry for the disappointing experience. Please contact our Customer Care team at customerassistance@onekingslane.com Attention Christina
christineb323
11/23/18

This is my first and last time using One Kings Lane. As a interior designer I thought it might have interesting accessories but not worth the hassle of receiving incorrect product. The "customer service" took 15 minutes to answer the line then told me the finial was not returnable. They sent chrome finish instead of brass as pictured. Guess what- they no longer have that item on the same day I received it!

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Christine, We're sorry that you're disappointed with your order. Our Customer Care team would love to make this right - they can be reached at customerassistance@onekingslane.com attention Christina.
clareg28
11/19/18

Just got off phone from customer service after waiting for an order for 2 months. Last time I will order from this site. Constant delays in order and all they could offer was a lousy 10% discount. Not a fan of One Kings Lane customer service despite some quality stuff on website. Too bad

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Clare, Our Customer Care team would like to turn your experience around! Please reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
louisaw11
11/16/18

Do yourself a favor and don't buy anything from One Kings Lane. Not only will it arrive broken (I've received a damaged mirror, coffee table TWICE, shelf, and counting..) but your experience with customer service will be infuriatingly, horrendously, mind-numbingly terrible. I would use more descriptive, albeit colorful, language if this wasn't a public site. I hate One Kings Lane for many reasons, but more than anything, I hate them for the countless hours of my life they've wasted trying to get in contact with someone in customer service who can actually fulfill a task. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. You will regret it, as I have ten-fold. I would give them negative stars if this site would let me.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Louisa, We're sorry that you're disappointed with your order. Our Customer Care team would love to make this right - please reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
rachelb260
11/11/18

I'm a longtime, loyal customer and it's both shocking and upsetting what has happened to One KIngs Lane. I bought a Moroccan rug that I thoroughly researched and when I received it, it was a brand that is currently being sold for 50 percent less in various other stores. OKL fails to be transparent that it is this brand on the website so there was no way for me to know. I called and called and you need to wait crazy amounts of time to even talk to someone. So I emailed. The response, which took days, was shockingly rude and dismissive. I called and waited 20 minutes to talk to someone and when I finally did, the person was so helpful and understood perfectly how to resolve it. She asked her supervisor for the ok and the supervisor said no, don't help her, don't do anything, too bad basically. I've never been treated this way, it's truly shocking. They don't care about their customers anymore.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Rachel, We're sorry that you're disappointed with your order. Most of our vendors are either listed above the discription of the items or in the About the Brand section. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment this has caused you.
susanj264
11/5/18

I purchased an $85.00 coffee table book as a gift for a friend. I had to return the book when I learned that my friend already had a copy. I called to find out the return policy and was told (after a very long wait on hold) that the only way to return the book was with their Fedex label that has a flat rate of $20.00 I asked if I could return it by USPS if I could add tracking and insurance since the cost would be more reasonable. I was told absolutely not, the only return method being Fedex with their $20.00 label (the amount to be deducted from my refund). I spoke with both a customer service rep and her supervisor. What a waste of time since this company could care less that their return policy is patently unreasonable when no other options are made available. What an awful (and expensive) experience for such a small item. I will never purchase anything from One Kings Lane. Caveat emptor. I learned my lesson.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Susan, We apologize for any disappointment and inconvenience this may have caused you.
laurelr11
11/3/18

A vintage item that I ordered for my client arrived damaged. Their custom service in handling this matter was horrendous. I strongly recommend finding your items elsewhere.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Laurel, Our apologies for the inconvenience. Our Customer Care team would like to look into this for you - please reach out to me directly at cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
elizabethg263
10/26/18

After several terrible experiences, I have finally learned my lesson and will no longer order from One Kings Lane. I tried for over one month to contact One Kings Lane about a return. I was told the item wasn't returnable, but I had a screen shot proving it showed it was returnable. I also asked to cancel an item immediately after placing the order, since it showed several weeks lead time for delivery. After waiting on the phone for almost 30 minutes and someone pretending to look up my order, I was told it was their new policy not to cancel items from an order. So even though the item won't ship for a few more weeks, I now have to wait for it to be delivered and pay a shipping fee to return it. Doesn't make sense and not customer friendly. I'll stick to more customer service focused companies for my online orders in the future. There are plenty of them around. Please research One Kings Lane reviews before you order. I really wish I had.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Elizabeth,
We're so sorry for the disappointing experiences. Regarding the return you had requested please reach out to me at cfloyd@onekingslane.com, I would love to assist you with that.
Regarding the cancellation, we were unable to honor your request to cancel your order because as soon as your order is placed, our fulfillment process goes into motion. Please accept our apologies for any frustration you may have with this experience.
melissao60
10/20/18

Nearly every single item I've ordered from OKL has been defective. I guess I've finally learned my lesson as the table I just got arrived with ALL of it's legs broken off and sharp jagged metal edges sticking out everywhere. I will never order from OKL again.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Melissa, Our Customer Care team would love to help! Please contact cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
amandag215
10/17/18
• Updated review

After posting this review I had a customer service rep contact me and resolve the issue. They contacted the manufacturer and after seeing pictures agreed the item was defective. I just wish it didn't take so long to resolve; however, the important thing was that it was. I am happy now and would consider doing business with this company again in the future based on my latest experience.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Amanda, Thank you for sharing your experience with others - We appreciate it! We are glad to hear that the issue was resolved satisfactorily.
“Poor quality”
10/17/18
• Previous review

I purchased two pillows that were $155 EACH. they are down and beautiful; however, I have feathers all over my living room. For that amount of money you would hope the feathers would stay inside the pillows. Contacted customer service and the best they could do is give me a $40 credit since it was outside the return window. I won't be buying anything here going forward.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
We're sorry that you're disappointed with the interaction you have had with our Customer Care Department. We would love to make this right - please reach out to Cfloyd@onekingslane.com. Please provide your email address, order number, or case number so we can research this further.
flom5
10/15/18

Well I wish I read all these bad reviews before I purchased from one kings lane.
They were the only company which had a round leather pillow I wanted for my sectional,so I ordered it.it took 7 weeks to be delivered! And it was a different color than what was on the website and has letters embedded into the leather on both sides of the seam.i called to complain about it and was given two options.to either keep it and get a 20 percent refund in the form of a gift card which they mail out to me(say what???)!!! Or,send it back and place an order for another.i begged for my refund to be put back on my card and after speaking to someone in CS she said she would try.
Three days later,I call and was told that the girl is ,of course,on vacation. Unacceptable.never order from them. Horrible Customer service.stick to wayfair who bends over backwards to please its customers.pics attached
Updating my review a week later to day thar even after posting this review,nobody from one kings lane even reached out to me.that goes to show how lousy this company is run.i wrote a review for houzz once and was contacted immediately by a rep. To help me resolve my issue.okl is awful in every manner.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Flo, We're sorry that you're pillow arrived not as shown on the site. Our Customer Care team would love to make this right -Please contact cfloyd@onekingslane.com.

Helpful answer -2

Hi Mary, thank you for reaching out. One Kings Lane stands by all of our products and misrepresentation, poor quality, damages or defects will always remain exceptions to our return policies. In the small chance an order has to be cancelled, all funds are returned to the buyer immediately. Should you wish to speak with someone from our Customer Care team, please contact customerassistance@onekingslane.com.

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Hello Cecilia, thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. A Customer Care Manager would like to look into your return further. Please contact customerassistance@onekingslane.com. We look forward to hearing form you!

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Hi Janice, We are flattered to hear you would like to join our team as a vendor on our site. To begin the process, please fill out our vendor application. It is located at the bottom of our website under the "Become a Vendor" tab. You can also access this information by clicking on the following link: https://www.onekingslane.com/vendor-application. For any additional questions or concerns about becoming a seller here at One Kings Lane, feel free to email us at vendorinquiries@onekingslane.com Kind Regards,

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Our Customer Care team can look into this for you! Please contact cfloyd@onekingslane.com.

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Hello John, Our apologies for the inconvenience. Our Customer Care team would like to look into this for you - please reach out to them directly at customerassistance@onekingslane.com.

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Hi Matthew, To being the vendor application process, please visit the following link: https://www.onekingslane.com/vendor-application. For any additional questions or concerns about becoming a seller here at One Kings Lane, feel free to email us at vendorinquiries@onekingslane.com.

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Questions? Get answers from the One Kings Lane staff and other customers.

13 Photos for One Kings Lane