Review of One Kings Lane

Tel: 855-746-7655
customercare@onekingslane.com

mikef386
5/22/19

This has to be a prank. I ordered a 3 seat sofa in January that arrived the 2nd week of March. Upon opening it we realized it was a 2 seat sofa and called OKL to arrange a return. They sent a freight hauler a week later to pick it up and I got an e-mail asking did I want a return or refund. I chose refund but it never got it. I called Loretta who I arranged the pick-up with and she said they have no proof of the item being returned. They arranged the hauler so this makes no sense. 3 Weeks have gone by and nothing. I called again today but no response. Now the fun part. On 4/11 I reordered the same 3 seat sofa. I received delivery today. My wife asked to open the boxes to make sure it was the right sofa but the delivery people told her do not bother. Even if it was the wrong item she could not refuse delivery with them. Lone behold when we un-boxed it tonight we again received the wrong sofa. I am done with OKL. Tomorrow I will be escalating my issue the Bed Bath & Beyond. I will also be calling Chase to stop payment on all items with OKL as they owe me >2k from my first return and now I have another $2,500 wrong sofa in my garage.

Response from Michaela W., One Kings Lane Representative
Hi Mike, we are so sorry you were disappointed with your experience with One Kings Lane. I would be more than happy to look into the matter further. Please feel free to send your original order number to mwolman@onekingslane.com
donnao73
5/6/19

I paid $199 for a white glove delivery fee - I didn't have a choice actually - but the email confirmations stated white glove - even though I didn't want it
The white glove delivery was leaving at front door with my husband - they should be ashamed with themselves for charging me $199 delivery -
I do not think I will buy something at OKL again

Response from Michaela W., One Kings Lane Representative
Hi Donna, we are so sorry you were disappointed with your experience with One Kings Lane. I would be more than happy to look into the matter further. Please feel free to send your original order number to mwolman@onekingslane.com
sc226
4/29/19

I ordered a rug that came damaged with a hole. They did not return e-mails or calls, they have made it impossible to make a return of a damaged item. In calling the customer service line I have waited on hold over 30 minutes. Then they did not respond to follow up e-mails. One Kings Lane has terrible customer service.

Response from Michaela W., One Kings Lane Representative
Hi there, we are incredibly sorry you are disappointed with your experience with One Kings Lane. I would be happy to look into your case further. Please feel free to send your original order number to mwolman@onekingslane.com.
markl736
4/16/19

I purchased a painting on One Kings Lane on April 3, and paid for it via PayPal. I received an email stating the delivery would be made between April 12 and the 15th. That was the last email or communication that I received. I contacted One Kings Lane around the 12th and was told I would get a response within three business days. Finally heard back that they were reaching out to the vendor. Received an email yesterday with a tracking number stating that I would receive the painting today. The painting was never delivered and was never delivered to Fedex as stated. Buyer beware...

Response from Michaela W., One Kings Lane Representative
Hi Mark, We are incredibly sorry you are disappointed with your experience with One Kings Lane. I would be happy to look into your case further. Please feel free to send your original order number to mwolman@onekingslane.com.
mm593
4/1/19

Sofa looked nothing like the photo! Horrible customer service! Plus the paperwork said that it came from Costco I hope I can post the photos for you folks to really see what these people are trying to sell off ! It looks like something you would pick up from the swap meet

Tip for consumers: Don’t purchase from this company

Response from Michaela W., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello, We are incredibly sorry you are disappointed with your experience with One Kings Lane. I would be happy to look into your case further. Please feel free to send your original order number to mwolman@onekingslane.com.
angelaw261
3/22/19

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
PRETTY WEBSITE PICS. NONE OF MY ITEMS LOOKED LIKE THE PRETTY PICS.
CAN'T GET RESPONSE FORM CUSTOMER SERVICE ABOUT A 600.00 CREDIT BACK ON MY CREDIT CARD.
NEVER WILL PURCHASE AGAIN!

Response from Michaela W., One Kings Lane Representative
Hi Angela, We are incredibly sorry you are disappointed with your experience with One Kings Lane. I would be happy to look into your case further. Please feel free to send your original order number to mwolman@onekingslane.com.
bunnyg2
2/24/19

I ordered a daybed. The color I wanted was u available but I settled for a similar color. For $1800 approximately, the mattress was a cheesy piece of foam with a plastic liner. The cover for the mattress had sippers which were too short and broke when I tried to remove the cover. Merchant asked for photos of broken zipper which I sent. That wasn't good enough. I had to send cover back before they would replace it. Months went by. You can't call the company without waiting on hold for 30 minutes, minimum.
Beware. Everything looks nice but it's not by any means. Zero stars.

Response from Michaela W., One Kings Lane Representative
Hi Bunny. We are incredibly sorry you are disappointed with your experience with One Kings Lane. I would be happy to look into your case further. Please feel free to send your original order number to mwolman@onekingslane.com.
cindyd150
2/19/19

I recently purchased an indoor rug from One King's Lane that looked really nice in the photos. When I received it, the rug was made of jute and was totally an outdoor rug. When I returned it, I found out there was a "restocking" charge and that they had charged me non-refundable shipping. I ended up getting $40 less than I had paid. One King's Lane needs to recognize that most of their online competitors don't charge shipping anymore and they need to do likewise! That was my first and last experience with One King's Lane.

Response from Michaela W., One Kings Lane Representative
Hi Cindy. We are incredibly sorry you are disappointed with your experience with One Kings Lane. I would be happy to look into your case further. Please feel free to send your original order number to mwolman@onekingslane.com.
mikew548
2/8/19

Recently purchased a lamp. Upon inspection, it was clear that the base portion of the lamp was painted in a shoddy, absolutely unprofessional, attempt to cover an error in production. After communicating with companies customer service three times, was informed that I needed to take a picture of the product and send to customer service for review. Suspecting this company attempts to sell "seconds" or "irregular" products. Decided to keep lamp. Not worth the frustration to jump through their "hoops" for an exchange or refund. Caveat emptor.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Mike, We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It is standard practice to request photos of the damaged or defective item prior to return. Please know that should not delay your return and refund in anyway. We would be happy to process the return right away. Please reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com
maryannh39
2/6/19

Hold times for customer service are very long. Do not buy unless you plan on keeping. Took days to get a return authorization, 15 days have passed after they received lamp and no refund. Still waiting , no resolution or help on the phone. They blame everyone else. Horrible customer service. What is wrong with this company !?

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello MaryAnn, We're terribly sorry for the inconveniences you have had with this return. We see that our Customer Care team is working with you on this issue.
luzh7
2/2/19

On October 2018 I ordered a Kate sleeper sofa white crypton, it took almost 3 months to have it delivered, December 21st; this is not the worst part, it was supposed to be a "white glove" delivery, the packaging was so poorly done, the sofa was dirty and stained, the delivery people could not take it back. When I contacted OKL, the first answer was "get it cleaned by professional cleaners, send us the receive and we'll see if we can cover the whole thing" . VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, this is a NEW sofa why should I have to go through this process. I decided to return the piece, it took a month between having the sofa picked up and having the refund processed, I wasted 4 months of my time dealing with OKL. The quality of the product was ok, but the quality of process, packaging and delivery POOR.

johnt937
1/31/19

Ordered a 2 piece sectional from OKL on 11/28. "White glove" delivery was scheduled for 1/18 but the delivery service showed up with only 1 of 2 pieces, and the one that was delivered had a large, noticeable stain.

OKL's delivery service (Lodeso? Watkins-Stockton? Both are listed on delivery paperwork) has been absolutely worthless. I had to call 4 times to finally be told OKL's vendor had never shipped the second piece. Considering the same rep (Veronica) promised, then failed, to call back with status multiple times, I doubt they even checked. OnTrac has previously been my low bar for shippers but I think Lodeso/Watkins now has them beat.

Have also tried contacting OKL support multiple times via both phone and email. After holding for 40min on my first call and nearly 30min the second time, I was finally connected to a support rep. Was told it may take a few days to locate the missing piece and was promisedagain that I would receive a call back with status. Today was day 4 with no call back so i'll be calling them tomorrow.

Insult to injury, 5 days into this whole experience began, i receive an email from OKL confirming my order was delivered that day (actually HALF of it was delivered 5 days ago, not that day) and asking how they did. After responding via email that my order had not in fact been delivered, that I was extremely unhappy, and needed a call from OKL support to resolve, I heard nothing back for a full week. Even then I received a generic "we value your business..." email that didn't address anything related to my order.

Since OKL and their shipper have been totally unresponsive, i'm pursuing other options thru my credit card company, potentially small claims court, etc to get a refund. I'll never purchase anything from OKL again and will actively share my experience with others so they don't make the same mistake.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello John, We're sorry that you're disappointed with your order and experience. Our Customer Care team would love to make this right - Please reach out to me at cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
meaganc12
1/30/19

I am writing this as I sit on the phone waiting for a One Kings Lane customer service representative. I ordered two chenoiserie vases over Black Friday weekend, and returned them in December because they were much smaller than described on the website. I was sent a FedEx label and returned the package promptly. I have now sent four emails inquiring as to the status of my refund and cannot get a live person on the phone. This is the most frustrating return experience of my life and they are stealing money from customers. I will never do business with this company again after I get my refund.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Meagan, Our apologies for the inconvenience. Our Customer Care team would like to look into this for you - please reach out to them directly at cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
patriciam614
1/26/19

I purchased a pair of "vintage" porcelain lamps, which arrived damaged, and a framed piece of "vintage" artwork that was not at all how it was described or shown in the listing. Zero for two. Do not recommend, at least for their "vintage" (a fancy word for used) offerings.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Patricia, We're sorry that you're disappointed with your order. Our Customer Care team would love to make this right - they can be reached at customerassistance@onekingslane.com or you may reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
ilissaf
1/20/19

Finally found a dresser we really liked. Ordered and waited over 6 wks. Knew that when ordered. But when my holiday guests and their luggage arrived, I had no dresser for their stay. I had to follow-up w/OKL who then followed up with the 3rd party provider of the product. No response from OKL. I followed up again and was "resent" an email explaining they were investigating and would call me with status of my order. Again, nothing for another 2 days. Finally a cursory email simply stating my order has been cancelled. This lack of follow-through with no compensatory outreach such as a further discount on a future order, no shipping costs on a future order - something - to make up for this very unsatisfactory experience.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
We're so sorry for the disappointing experience - a Customer Care manager will be in touch ASAP to make this right.
laurenw151
1/18/19

I ordered a print I'd been dying to have for over a year. When it came I was SO excited and tore into the box, only to find the wrong thing. I called customer service and waited FOREVER to speak with someone who told me I needed to box it back up and take it to fedex. The replacement was ordered within a few days and 10 days later I received the replacement. I opened the box and it was WRONG AGAIN. After countless phone calls and emails a THIRD painting was ordered and an apology gift card was issued. I received the gift card today and guess what? It has a zero balance. So now I've had to open a case on the apology gift card!! This whole process is going on a month now and I've yet to receive the painting I ordered. At no time has anyone acted like they cared and not ONE TIME has anyone called me back. It's been up to me to follow up everyday and spend countless hours on hold. I hope this company goes bankrupt.... such a garbage business.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Lauren, We're so sorry for the disappointing experience and frustrations you have had with this order. We see that our Customer Care team has been working with you on this. They will be in touch as soon as they have an update on the issue.
roberts1654
1/17/19

Just like everyone says- it took 3 months for the delivery to finally come. It came broken and scratched- and now its been a nightmare trying to get someone to discuss it. They are a terrible terrible company. I wish I read these reviews before my wife ordered this.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Robert, Our Customer Care team would like to turn your experience around! Please reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
tiffanym175
1/15/19

I ordered multiple items from this company and every bit of the process has been a complete nightmare!!! There is no customer service, items arrived damaged, the returns process has become impossible. 25 emails and hours of phone calls later, the issues are still not resolved. Save yourself the hassle and stay away!

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Tiffany, Our Customer Care team would like to turn your experience around! Please reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com.
alisonh79
1/14/19

Ordered an ottoman in early November. Was told 6 weeks and it would be shipped. Called, emailed with very little response. Only to be told on January 14th the vendor was no longer in business and they could not fulfill the order. Horrible customer service. Barely apologized. Company is unprofessional and has expanded to the point of not checks and balances. Would not recommed! Has messed up the whole design of a room being installed in 10 days!

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Alison, We're so sorry for the disappointing experience, we see that our Customer Care team is working with you on this issue.
jasonw360
1/10/19

I purchased a side table for my guest bedroom over the holidays. The table looked well designed, however, I had a change of mind before One Kings Lane delivered the item.

I called customer service to see if the item delivery could be cancelled (I hadn't even received it yet). And they wanted to charge a $250 return shipping fee + $50 restocking fee. So a total of $300 in fees on an item that was $350.

I even offered to ship the item back myself (i get discounted rates on shipping due to my business) on my own dime and they said that wasn't within their "polilcy". Even after the rep spoke to her manager they said they couldn't waive any fees (even the $50 restocking fee).

This is literally the worst shopping experience I've ever had online. I hope Onekingslane goes bankrupt. They treat their customers like utter garbage.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Jason, because we work so closely with different manufacturers, our ultimate goal is to ensure we can deliver a quality product to you in a timely manner. Due to this we were unable to cancel your order for the table. We offer our sincerest apologies for any frustration this may cause.
athenad6
12/10/18

Scored a great deal on nightstands, which qualified for free shipping, according to their own site. I was still charged for shipping and had to contact customer service who and was told they would credit it when item shipped. They didn't. They just cancelled the order, and then I was not able to re-order because they were "out of stock". Spoke with THREE reps about this throughout the painful experience. This was not a complicated order, and they botched it. They offered a 20% discount on any replacement; which was the SAME offer posted on their website at the time, LOL! I don't trust this company and you shouldn't either.

shellif3
11/29/18

called and after a VERY long hold was told that there is a 20$ return fee. will not be ordering from them again.

tirag
11/28/18

Ordered book shelf ladder this summer. Arrived in 10+ broken pieced with nails sticking out everywhere. After three attempts to pick it up from me, the store said to just throw it out ( lost money tipping doormen for garbage disposal). Ordered a pair of armoirs, arrived six weeks ago and 30+ emails later I am still waiting for the replacements as one was so defective that it hard to understand how it left the warehouse floor - cracked drawer and multiple drawers off the tracks so that they hit/ squeak and chip the other drawers when opening and closing. THESE ARE $3K dressers. The furniture has since gone on sale (for a higher price than at competing companies) and I am waiting for the credit and replacements despite 5-7 phone calls and 30+ emails assuring me this will all be handled. NOT HANDLED. I have spent HOURS AND HOURS trying to resolved this. This company sells some of the most poorly manufactured furniture at some of the highest market rates and despite customer service assuring you they are handling the situation - NOTHING gets done. Terrible, horrible, inexcusably bad products and service. Don't be deceived by the savvy pictures and marketing.

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Tira,
We are so sorry for the disappointing experience. Please contact our Customer Care team at customerassistance@onekingslane.com Attention Christina
christineb323
11/23/18

This is my first and last time using One Kings Lane. As a interior designer I thought it might have interesting accessories but not worth the hassle of receiving incorrect product. The "customer service" took 15 minutes to answer the line then told me the finial was not returnable. They sent chrome finish instead of brass as pictured. Guess what- they no longer have that item on the same day I received it!

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Christine, We're sorry that you're disappointed with your order. Our Customer Care team would love to make this right - they can be reached at customerassistance@onekingslane.com attention Christina.
clareg28
11/19/18

Just got off phone from customer service after waiting for an order for 2 months. Last time I will order from this site. Constant delays in order and all they could offer was a lousy 10% discount. Not a fan of One Kings Lane customer service despite some quality stuff on website. Too bad

Response from OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative
Hello Clare, Our Customer Care team would like to turn your experience around! Please reach out to cfloyd@onekingslane.com.

Helpful answer -2

Hi Mary, thank you for reaching out. One Kings Lane stands by all of our products and misrepresentation, poor quality, damages or defects will always remain exceptions to our return policies. In the small chance an order has to be cancelled, all funds are returned to the buyer immediately. Should you wish to speak with someone from our Customer Care team, please contact customerassistance@onekingslane.com.

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Hello Cecilia, thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. A Customer Care Manager would like to look into your return further. Please contact customerassistance@onekingslane.com. We look forward to hearing form you!

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Hi Janice, We are flattered to hear you would like to join our team as a vendor on our site. To begin the process, please fill out our vendor application. It is located at the bottom of our website under the "Become a Vendor" tab. You can also access this information by clicking on the following link: https://www.onekingslane.com/vendor-application. For any additional questions or concerns about becoming a seller here at One Kings Lane, feel free to email us at vendorinquiries@onekingslane.com Kind Regards,

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Our Customer Care team can look into this for you! Please contact cfloyd@onekingslane.com.

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Hello John, Our apologies for the inconvenience. Our Customer Care team would like to look into this for you - please reach out to them directly at customerassistance@onekingslane.com.

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Hi Matthew, To being the vendor application process, please visit the following link: https://www.onekingslane.com/vendor-application. For any additional questions or concerns about becoming a seller here at One Kings Lane, feel free to email us at vendorinquiries@onekingslane.com.

By OneKingsLane C., One Kings Lane Representative

Questions? Get answers from the One Kings Lane staff and other customers.

13 Photos for One Kings Lane