Oak furnitureland UK

Oak furnitureland UK

oakfurnitureland.co.uk

Oak furnitureland UK has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 172 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Oak furnitureland UK also ranks 342nd among Furniture sites. The most common issues with Oak furnitureland UK are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 7.5%

No positive highlights yet

• it doesn't get any worse than Oak Furniture Land for appalling customer service.
  • Delivery men turn up and attempt to carry up the 2 door wardrobe still in all its packaging.
How would you rate Oak furnitureland UK?

“Amazing”

Jane L.
12/5/19

This company is amazing from the time I ordered it 3 days ago .To the time my goods were delivered .The sales man was amazing Paul Welsh .The delivery drivers were outstanding I could not of asked for no more absolutely amazing.I was informed by email and text all the way though my order thank you so much

“High Expectations Sorely Disappointed”

Linda W.
1/8/20

High Expectations sorely disappointed Ordered 2 pieces online of furniture for bedroom. First thing the boxes arrived soaking wet as if they had been stored in wet/damp conditions. One piece of furniture had a chip on the front. Phoned customer service several times but sorely disappointed on outcome. Felt like I was unimportant and the whole experience stressed me out. I was recommended to try them but I would find it hard to recommend them myself.

customer service (80) delivery men (12) delivery date (14) 2 weeks (9) 2 days (7) trading standards (6) delivery drivers (6) manufacturing fault (5) 2 hours (5) 8 weeks (5) sofa (40) bedroom furniture (8)
andys320
May 9th, 2020
Ordered a large TV unit through their website, item was in stock and had a delivery date booked for a few days later. Day before the delivery they phoned and said they now cannot get to me until over 6 weeks later but said they would refund delivery charge. Six weeks later with no refund of delivery charge the TV unit is delivered. I was at work and item was left in garage. When home I unpacked and found multiple areas of damage and poor build quality with large gaps in some joins. The unit was very well packed with lots of polystyrene and thick cardboard so staff in the warehouse must have really chucked it about, even the tin of polish I ordered was dented! Cannot get through to customer services waiting on the phone three times for over 30 mins, ring the sales number and get straight through! Spoke to someone on their Twitter feed eventually and was offered £90 refund to keep it which I refused to be told they are not taking returns at the moment and will contact me when they are. Not happy at all. Their selling point is solid oak furniture but solid it ain't very flimsy and poor build quality. I would advise people to avoid this place buy a well engineered veneer product or spend the extra 100 quid or so and buy quality.
elgars
February 17th, 2020
We recently purchased a coffee table and nest of tables. No stock in store so we ordered online. While the workmanship is satisfactory, the makers selection of material is not. The surfaces of both items had black knots in an otherwise unblemished surface. Our complaints were met with a stone wall, they effectively said, 'read the fine print'. They did offer to accept a return of items but there would be a cost. We offered to deliver to the nearest store in exchange for unblemished items which was rejected.
very poor manufacturing quality control and very poor customer service. We will not be buying from this company again.
janel262
December 5th, 2019
peterb766
January 7th, 2020
Purchased our three seater end electric recliner sofa in November 2018 for £850 including gold delivery and installation. We had tried the sofa a few times before we decided to buy and all appeared ok. The salesperson was very attentive until the sale was completed, but once he had secured the sale he immediately lost interest, a trait one of his colleagues told us was normal. Alarm bells should have rung on delivery though, the installers were disinterested and surly, I had to remind them that we had the"Gold" service that included the removal of the packaging that they were reluctant to take. After a couple of months the wear was noticeable, material bagging and cushions not returning to shape. The staff in the store in Salisbury said they could do nothing and advised me to contact the company directly. I tried on several occasions to speak to someone who could give me the time to listen to my account, with no luck. When I emailed the company the site promised someone would reply at the earliest opportunity. We are still waiting. The sofa is a disgrace, we are two pensioners who just sit at each end, we rarely use the reclining option. The seat cushions are compressed and the material covering is loose. The sofa looks like it's been in a busy family home for five years. It is so bad even the charity shops will not take it.
Buyer beware.
karenp370
September 10th, 2018
I have never experienced such pushy shop assistants in all my life. This was the second visit to oak furniture land in Guildford . I liked a set of table and chairs. As soon as I walked into the store I was asked if I needed some help. I said no thank you I am just looking. Then he came over to me and said the bedroom furniture is upstairs.. Said that I was not looking for bedroom furniture thank you. Then again he came up and said are you sure you don't need any help I was so fed up I did not feel comfortable and walked out I had enough. You lost a sale Oak furniture land BIG MISTAKE
philc161
June 18th, 2020
We took delivery of our dining table and chairs, which is just part of our order, on the 4th June. Unfortunately although the chairs are labelled correctly on the boxes as wave back chairs which is what we ordered the boxes actually had cross back chairs inside. We've been trying to get a response from Oak furniture land for two weeks now and they will not respond to any of our emails, And the last time I phoned customer services the hold time was 48 minutes before I gave up. I've now had to put a section 75 hold on the finance until they engage with us. In the meantime I've got massive boxes of someone else's chairs in the house and nothing to sit on. We've still got £1500 of couches on order with them which will be getting cancelled when they finally bother to respond, I've never dealt with a company like it, absolutely appalling
anneg237
June 5th, 2020
I ordered a footstool to match a sofa from Oak Furnitureland on 6 January. I was told would be beginning March delivery as it had to be made. Wrong item arrived I contacted them - had been ordered wrongly by the Shop. Recorded then due to Covid19 could not be delivered. No further communication from them. After several attempts at telephoning updating my order and emails I spoke to someone on 5 June who was unable to do anything . Apologised but stated may be delivered by 9 July! Really upset as second time they have incorrectly ordered and delivered items to me. Communication is very bad.
lindaw820
January 8th, 2020
High Expectations sorely disappointed
lynneh92
March 13th, 2020
Bought nearly £4,000 worth of furniture for both living rooms and bedroom with a promise will put in room of your choice'. Had already measured that the furniture would fit so didn't foresee any problems.

Whilst the furniture easily fitted in the living rooms, the delivery drivers stated they were not allowed to lift above their waist. This meant they could not take the bedroom furniture upstairs as it meant lifting over a bannister. They left it in the living room. God knows what I was supposed to do. I'm on crutches.

Rang customer services. They were very unhelpful so I cancelled the order.

It's all very well when you buy from the Sales person. All smiles, cups of tea etc etc but once they get the order the customer service stops.

The quality of the products is good, and it took nearly 2 hours to chose everything, but what a complete waste of time.

My brother-in-law delivers for John Lewis and there are no issues. Lesson learnt if I need furniture will shop there from now on. Avoid Oakland and buy at your peril.
jessicaf368
March 11th, 2020
I wouldn't even give them one star to be honest.
Terrible customer service. Will never shop with you again. Not willing to budge on their 'rules' even when we have previously placed a £4700 approx order and had damage issues. You were still unable to accommodate. My husband has had to take time out of work which he has lost a lot of money for waiting for a deliveries. We requested a pm delivery and got delivery slot between 10.30 and 13.30. No sympathy for their customers who are paying a lot of money for this. Absolutely infuriating.
They only rang 10 minutes before arrival when they said it would be a call half an hour before hand. I already told the lady on customer service it would be my husband who had to come home from his job who is self employed. They rang and I said my husband was about 25 minutes away, they got quite annoyed and snotty with me and said it would have to do. So my husband has just turned up at home and they are not even there.

Never will I shop here again. Worst service ever. I can't believe how much money I've paid for this shoddy service
michaelb3197
December 23rd, 2019
Poor quality leather. After 15 months the leather on the suite started to peel and crack, this is not covered by the guarantee or the 5 year 'total cover' insurance. Very disappointed
davidj1047
February 20th, 2020
Bought a side unit for the hallway,turned up with chips in the the wood. Called,and was asked to send photos of the chips,sent them,and a month later NOTHING,NOT A CALL NOTHING.I will never buy from there again
frankj259
March 24th, 2020
been trying for 4 hours to cancel a order and all you get is we will phone you back after going through all the options, still getting no where all you hear is we a very busy canceling orders whats that saying about the store.i bet if you wanted to put a order in you would get through pretty quick.
marks2200
February 11th, 2020
I was planning to visit Oakfurnitureland on my day off but I wanted to check the cost of delivery on the website before. I added an item to the basket and made my way to the checkout page as its the only way to see the cost of delivery. You had to put in your email and phone number first. 10 minutes later I get a phone call asking me if there was a problem because I hadn't completed my order. I didn't mind the call because I half expected it. I explained it was just to check the postage and I would visit the shop on Sunday. about 2 hours later I get another call telling me that they can see I visited the website and were still trying to sell me something. I explained I will come and see on Sunday. Next morning another call. I said look this is becoming a joke now, stop bothering me. Ok we will take you off our list. 6 phone calls later and they finally got the message. I did end up going to the shop and within 5 minutes I realised that although the items are all hardwood they are all very flimsy. All of the tops on the chest of drawers are extremely thin and cut out on the inside to make it still appear like its a thick solid piece of oak from the outside. When in fact it's extremely thin.
wendys460
May 31st, 2020
I bought a table from them and found that it was so heavy I could not lift. When I called was told that it was advertised as solid furniture. Okay but how can a normal person lift the same?? I had to employ a burly builder to lift fror me....
mikeb459
February 10th, 2018
We purchased 2 Finley electric recliner 2 seater sette's at £799 each and a Finley
electric recliner at £599. We have had them now about three years and the chair the stuffing has all sank and also worn under the chair and the stuffing is dropping out. It is so uncomftable to sit on. One of the sette's is getting the same way my wife alternates her seating each week from on end to the other. The leather still looks ok.
The second sette has very little use. Very poor for the price we paid.
garethw25
June 22nd, 2020
Atrocious service top to bottom.
I previously wrote a review of oak furniture land, how I had been waiting for 8 weeks for the delivery of a replacement table and how awful every aspect of dealing with this company has been.
I was contacted by the company and refunded money to compensate for the endless waiting time in exchange for amending my review, I removed the review with the understanding that my table would arrive on the delivery date agreed.
Today the wrong table has been delivered leaving me with no indication of when I will be receiving the correct one.
Order placed on the 2nd of May, it's now the 22nd of June.
I can't explain how bad this company is on every level except for taking your money, I would recommend buying from any other company except Oakfurnitureland!
markh1621
February 4th, 2020
Ordered two chest of drawers, when unpacked the item was in pieces. the side of the box had a huge hole in it, which had been taped over by the company. It looks like a fork lift truck had speared right through the middle and instead of checking the damage, it was sent out to the customer (me). at the time of me unpacking my 3 year old son was with me he picked up a sharp piece of wood and cut his hand quite badly, 6 hours in A&E, 3 stitches and a tetanus jab. a very unhappy child and a furious father!!
since then i have been let down on collection, i have taken time off work just to be sat round waiting. MY ADVICE DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. ONLY MONEY IS IMPORTANT. needless to say i will be claiming against them for injuries sustained to a minor
carolp379
December 11th, 2019
Ordered 2 and 3 seater sofas.
1. Both turned up damaged.
2. Customer service atrocious, wanted to send upholsterer out to repair our BRAND NEW
sofas, when refused, they then offered less than 5% discount, told them to take away
the sofas. Went to store who advised talking to a manager at customer services the
next morning.
3. Made the call but could not get past the customer service rep, who informed me the
original offer of 5% was still in place, no managers were available, I was to dispose of
Packaging, and to make sure I returned the mirror and clock which were part of the offer
On my purchase, as if I was going to keep them.
4. To add insult to injury she told me the amount they were going to refund and the total
was MINUS their delivery charge!!!!!
NO NO NO NO To purchasing any items from this company.....
jaynem53
November 1st, 2019
@OFLoakfurniture very upset and disappointed jasmine settee split cushion and broken frame SHOCKING !! after ONE WEEK delivery Oak Furnitureland want photos with coins you have got to be joking - this is what you told my sister her furniture was delivered last Thursday after a severe delay in your delivery promise - god help anyone who requires a Christmas delivery i dont think they can 100% rely on you, we were told 2 weeks and it took almost 2 months! and it is rubbish
darrenc109
October 29th, 2019
I had not read any poor reviews so ordered a double bed - the price looked reasonable and I liked the design.
It arrived on the day promised, was delivered to the upstairs bedroom I had chosen with no problems. Self-assembly was pretty straightforward and it looks great.
As one other reviewer pointed out, there is a lot of packaging to protect the wood but I would prefer that to having damaged goods.
lisaq34
April 2nd, 2019
Bought a tv cabinet from them which had numerous damage marks from tools which have been infilled with wax but look unsightly. They say it's natural sap marks and refuse to e change. Cabinet is also damaged at the back corner (minor) and very poor cuts of wood used in the front doors). Totally shoddy, not at all like the showroom display item. Customer services, no help or interest.
joannag63
October 28th, 2019
Bought furniture a while ago and have had endless issues. Were (mis) sold insurance stating all our problems would be covered. Only...the insurance company HRF Claims are a complete scam. OakFurnitureLand should be held accountable for the shockingly bad services they push in store! Do not buy from this company!
brendat183
December 20th, 2019
Bought 2 seater settee Feb 2017, delivered (paid) March. Delivery men just dumped the settee inside the door. 2 weeks later the arm of the settee was loose and creaking I had to watch my brand new settee being taken apart in my living room. I took out an additional 5 yr cover on my settee and dining furniture, now both have problems,,,,,,,,,guess what I AM NOT COVERED. The most important part of the settee, the part that you sit on is sagging terribly (I am not heavy and the only person sitting on it) and this part is not covered!!!!! The dining room chairs all have nails at the bottom of the legs protected with a plastic covering, this disintegrated..........NOT COVERED. Their repair company said as a 'goodwill gesture' they will repair the chair leg. I have wasted over a £100 on extra cover that is a complete waste of money and the furniture not worth anywhere near the money they charged. I thought at the time of purchase OakFurnitureLand was a good company selling quality furniture and expected excellent after sales service HOW WRONG I WAS!!!! Would never ever buy anything from them again.
hilaryh29
April 8th, 2019
Appalled that OakFurnitureLand produce absolute rubbish and then have the gall to describe it as a natural effect of the wood, when it is clear that a blind monkey put the nest of tables together. I am disgusted with their attitude and that there is no recourse.

If I could give zero stars or negative, I would

If everyone stops using them they will go out of business..The fact that they can't verify where they obtain the hardwood from is cause for concern. Furniture made in Vietnam so it looks very much like it's from illegal logging in eastern Russia.. Maybe they will read this and inform us accordingly and certify the wood source.....

By Ian C.
See more answers (3)

Depends what you buy but are recliner sofa and chairs where flat packed and we had to assemble them even though Monica the sales member told us the delivery men would do it but they aren't actually allowed too.

By Samantha P.
See more answers (4)

It's says Vietnam JB global on all the boxes, so no, I do t think it's made in the UK

By Phil C.
See more answers (2)

Not from this company, their after sales service is rubbish and their extra 5 yr cover is not worth the paper its written on

By Brenda T.
See more answers (2)

We had problems with Shay colour wardrobes,they sent a technition out armed with 3 cans of shay spray paint,he was here for 2 hours trying to rub the dent out and spray it,He used 3 cans of paint and it looked awful.after loads of hassle were sent new doors,one of which was split.Cut a long story short,we did have joy from someone at head office,We are still waiting for new doors to arrive we have been waiting 12 weeks now,low and behold were getting a package delivered,More wardrobe doors NO just 3 hinges.You couldnt make it up.I have 3 spare wardrobe doors that are CRAP, and 2 wardrobes awaiting new doors,If and when they arrive I will have accumilated 7 doors plus the 4 doors already in place that don't fit.They wont take anything back including the packaging as they are not licensed to carry things like wardrobe doors and rubbish,How I wonder did they ever arrive in the first place I ask myself.Oh by the way,The door that has got a large split in it,I will tell you why it has a large split in it.(Wait for it)I was told by the local PLANK from HOMESERVE that my tree the doors were cut from had its roots growing in the water and thats why the wardrobe doors had a split in them,Words failed me.Believe me I am not making this up.We are now after 12 weeks going to phone them up,be played trashy music for 1 hour then we may get someone to talk to and ask them what is happening,Watch this space.Im at my wits end now as they don't give a damn,But I have to laugh at the stupidity of these people they employ Most of them are well trained liars and if I didn't laugh I would have had a nervous break down by now and living in the looney bin.

By M B.
See more answers (2)

Ikea customer service..excellent..These clowns should be closed down. BBC watchdog should take up a story here..

By Ian C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Oak furnitureland UK staff and other customers.

The UK?۪s Largest retailer of 100% solid hardwood furniture: mango & oak furniture, including painted styles & sofas. Finance available. Shop today!

davidw177
David W.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oak furnitureland UK?

Have a question about Oak furnitureland UK?