OakFurnitureLand.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0800 440 2254
customerservice@oakfurnitureland.co.uk

philipc175
7/14/19

Being a carpenter for 45 years and very fussy about what I purchase, I went to a local store to have a look at what I was buying. Satisfied that although not what I would call solid timber as its just mads up of strips of wood I knw what I was buying and although advertise as had built realise that hand built by machining would be more appropriate. Anyway delivery was very good although I would have though that the driver would have least asked if they needed to put appropriate footwear on to go across my new carpets. On unpacking my first item I discovered glue or similar that hadn't bee cleaned off properly along with scratches and dents . Obviously form then on I spent a lot of time scrutinising the rest of my items, which were the same. I'm trying to cut this short but talking to the "customer services" was appalling and to be told that they would send home serve (which I believe to be part of some kind of insurance people out to see if they can repair instead of replacing. Well Ill leave that part of your thinking up to you as Ill get in trouble for my expletives. There will be more to read shortly, I'm sure of that.

franm59
6/27/19

ABSOULTLY SHAMBOLICK. Ask them to do something, like pass on a message to the right department, if unable to get through call back customer. Don't think so. If I did this in my Job I would have been sacked.

sahabs1
6/7/19

I bought my expensive dinning table from Oak furniture with their furniture guard cover. They did not fix my minor problem when I developed it after few years on silly ground. Very disappointing. Policy no 662235

They should be avoided.

garrym62
5/14/19

We bought bedroom furniture in January, the wardrobe door was split and was obviously done before it was put in the box to be delivered. I was told to send photos.. They said they would send a replacement door, which would be here middle pf March, then told it would end of April. Only last week a replacement wardrobe arrived with the most ignorant delivery.men. NEVER buy anything from this cowboy company. They really be looked into.

allyn11
5/11/19

We bought a £450 bed from here and paid out right. We received the delivery end of March & opened the bed in April as we were renovating a house. When we opened the box we found the headboard of the bed damaged. I rang and they asked us to send pictures which we did. Heard nothing back So I rang myself. They told me from the images it looked like it was "most likely" our fault. And they couldn't take the blame. I was astonished. I paid a lot of money for a bed that came broken! We were told in store we had a 12 months warranty and any problems give is a call. All rubbish. Please please avoid this store. Go somewhere else that gives customer service !

julianl37
5/10/19

Can't fault the product, so far, so good. It's the surly and positively unhelpful delivery men and the grotesque quantity of packaging, almost impossible to get rid off, which is by far the worst aspect. They package the packaging, in consequence of which I have cardboard and hardboard dust all over my flat, fragmented polystyrene "crumbs" everywhere and a bill for £200 to clear up their mess. Never, ever again will I deal with this company. Sales ? Excellent. After sales, awful, non existent. Stick to John Lewis.

viviang50
5/3/19

split sideboard damaged wall unit door homeserve sent out a diy cowboy new door5 year old could have fitted it better split filled then told no waranty (only 4 weeks old ) sent letter to head office recorded signed for by dawson still no reply DO NOT USE THESE CONMEN

barryb208
4/28/19

Bought Alto dining table set .Started to crack after a few months .Oak Furniture land customer service immeadiatly tell you your at fault .
Ignore these people and speak to decision maker eventually after sending photos emailing CEO and visit from Homeserve .
A replacement table eventually arrives .I found the whole process exhausting lt was verified to be a manufacturing fault .
This is where oak furniture land exposes there true nature .
The table that arrived looked nothing like Alto range almost orange in colour ,blotchy sanding marks , table end not aligned .
Moreover to top it off a red stain the size of an apple in middle of table !!!
Immeadiatly sent pictures away again Homeserve attended "again" .
Agreed with me that the table looked nothing like range and was substandard .
Now I'm told it's just the natural wood grain This company is disgusting and will rip you off if they feel like it
End result l have a stained blotchy table that looks as if it has been in somebody else's home and it cost me over 800 pounds Avoid this company like the plague the furniture is mass produced in Vietnam .
And sold to unsuspecting Brittish public.
They have been investigated by BBc watchdog before and WWF for non sustainable timber supply .

angelam474
4/25/19

Nice furniture, shame about customer service. We are senior citizens and when ordering in store told the Salesman that our items MUST be ready assembled and ready to use. We stressed this more than once. He said yes, no worries. The men will come & place furniture in the rooms as instructed. Man came as I was ready to go out and leave hubby in charge. The furniture was NOT ready assembled. Man said as I was leaving - as I feel sorry for you, I will assemble. After discussion with his co-driver who said "sorry, forget that" and buggered off. When I came back my kitchen/diner was like a bomb site. Furniture just dumped. One box hadn't been opened at all. Before he left apparently the man said he called head office and a man would come in 2 hours to finish the job. Nobody came. After an hour on the phone, finally our furniture was assembled at 7 in the evening. With a disabled husband and a tiny me left in the lurch to assemble was unforgivable. NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!

gordona36
4/24/19

Purchase a new sofa from J oak furniture land,
supplied with an under size cushion that wasn't planed.

Phone up within 24 hours to register my displeasure,
they will send a man out next week at their leisure.

He arrives to check out my complaint,
says he's an expert but not quite a saint .

Its natural settlement which you should expect on a sofa of this age,
What 5 hours old from new ,now you why I'm getting in a bloody rage!!

Sorry he says your talking crap,
I thought you had it a bit longer than that.

He still didn't agree anything was wrong,
I'm beginning to smell a corporate pong.

So now he's off to send in his report'
then it will be for high command to give it some thought.

A WARNING to others if you buy from J oak furniture land ,
you may not get quiet what you planed,

Don't expect reasonable after sales from this bunch,
who couldn't give a stuff when it comes to the crunch,

I was hoping for so much more from this company its such a pity,
so much so I was moved to write this ditty...

Mr Allen one of many clowns that purchased from your joke shop

claireg75
4/24/19

My They only add positive reviews to their products. After 8 weeks of waiting for my furniture to be delivered, I was given the wrong table with two scratches on. I was then told it would be a further 6 weeks to collect or £50 to be refunded. The customer service here is awful. They give you 24hrs to check the item and make it difficult to get anywhere once you phone customer service. They do no accept bad reviews on their site which I have forwarded to trading standards. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. You may be lucky and have undamaged furniture, but you'll get no where if it is. Money grabbing scam artists.

catherinea113
4/22/19

I would avoid this company at all costs. I was browsing for a new bed and placed an item in my basket, however after reading reviews and shopping around decided I did not want to purchase the bed that I had put in my basket. I did not expect to be rang continuously informing me I had an item in my basket that Id forgot about, and did I want to purchase the item. During the first call I informed the sales team I did not want the item, however they clearly do not understand this as I have received a further 7 calls in less than 48 hours. Oak furniture land advertisement makes the company look quite professional, yet the reviews on here tell a more accurate story.

carols638
4/8/19

BEWARE OF FINLEY SUITE: THE LEATHER PEELS! I award no stars for this firm. At point of sale told warranty would cover anything that went wrong with furniture. Misleading and against Trade Description Act. Also, described online as a LASTING suite. Not true.
Suite described as 100% real leather. Real leather would not peel in this way. I do wonder if parts of the furniture are leather whilst other parts are not. I need to discuss with Trading Standards.

Very concerned when Oak Furnitureland describe this suite as "popular". Means that many people are being misled encouraging them to part with their hard earned cash for a suite that will be short-lived and not stand the test of time.

hilaryh29
4/8/19

Appalled that OakFurnitureLand produce absolute rubbish and then have the gall to describe it as a natural effect of the wood, when it is clear that a blind monkey put the nest of tables together. I am disgusted with their attitude and that there is no recourse.

If I could give zero stars or negative, I would

martins299
4/2/19

i had a lamp delived .the lamp was damaged .i call customers service to say my lamp was damaged .was told to look for a number on the bottom of the lamp .which was not there .customer serivice made me look a fool .i am disable and could not do that . all i wanted waas a new lamp .customer service did not understand and made look as if i was thick .iask to speak .to the manage .i was told he was busy. it is the worst company .customer service were nt very help ful at all

lucyw72
4/2/19

I was told by the sales assistant in the Dundee store that the chair I was purchasing was grey only to find out it was brown when it was delivered to me. The sales assistant Margaret admitted that she told me it was grey after I received it but would not accept a refund as it was an ex display item. Customer Services past the buck onto the store, leaving me with no comeback & a chair which is no good. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE THEY ARE COM ARTISTS

lisaq34
4/2/19

Bought a tv cabinet from them which had numerous damage marks from tools which have been infilled with wax but look unsightly. They say it's natural sap marks and refuse to e change. Cabinet is also damaged at the back corner (minor) and very poor cuts of wood used in the front doors). Totally shoddy, not at all like the showroom display item. Customer services, no help or interest.

sis4
3/29/19

We bought a Welsh dresser and it's the worst thing we've ever bought and we're 50+! The wood is terrible, each plank is completely different and so the spread of colours makes it look like it's just thrown together, it's ugly. The doors are not squared in the opening so they're not aligned and there's gaps. The wood has now warped and so the doors are twisted. Overall, it looks like something your kid makes at woodwork and you try and smile and say it looks okay but you know it's rubbish. We tried to get it sorted but they refused to even acknowledge the problems. Please don't buy anything from them you WILL regret it I promise. It's junk.

cl181
3/28/19

The photo says it all 4 months old Clayton sofa do not buy
Anything they will not help you poor quality
For the price you pay won't get my money
Ever again

nicholasv31
3/26/19

The "Winter Sale " that ended on -line and on the TV was a joke.The only thing that changed was the removal of the word "Winter" the new tickets other than that did not change in any way. The quoted original price had not changed or the actual sale price .Despite being told that the sale ended on the Sunday even had a clock counting the time down on -line after all the "hullabaloo" nothing changed at all it was all "smoke and mirrors" all done to create urgency. The products are great value despite the "underhand" way people are "hoodwinked" into making a purchase there and then.
I thought there had to be 28 days at the full price before the word " sale price " could be used cannot understand how the store can open at 10am for viewing on a Sunday but still booking orders at 6-15 pm so targets could be met . E-mails from above to stay open .

adrianm144
3/24/19

Ordered Oct 18, received four items in Feb 19. Total and utter shambles from start to finish. Excuse after excuse as one item was late, we were promised it a week later only to receive a call saying it wouldn't arrive in the morning due to it being misplaced.

Two weeks later we were assured that the item would be with us in a couple of days. Guess what, it didn't make it to the lorry for the delivery, more lies from OFL saying how sorry they were.

After five months of the order being placed, it arrived. Please go else where as this company are just shocking. I've had to give one star, I would rather give NONE-0-NOTHING.

lynnr157
3/20/19

Avoid was told this was natural after 30mins sat on it, have to pay to return, bloody joke, never again will I buy from this firm, what you see on the website isn't what you get

terryb376
3/20/19

Awful company showrooms look nice but the end product is disgusting STAY AWAY after sales is non exsistent have called with my issue and not once has a promised call back ever happened down to the customer to chase

williams683
3/20/19

We purchased a desk from them at the rugby store, it got delivered one week later.
The delivery people tried to take it upstairs after making me sign a waver for any damaged caused. They got it to the top were a turn was required but they did not attempt just bought it down and said it wont fit.
Now the real problems started I contacted the customer service department and talked to Alex. He stated that he needed my signature proof but can't get it till Monday, we discussed a good will gesture of £30 to £50 and he would contact me on Monday afternoon. ( DID NOT Happen)
I called back and a different person got involved Amanda told me that Alex had not got back to me because he though I should get more. I asked to talked to a manager and was told that one would phone me back (DID NOT HAPPEN)
I called back and Amanda said she would deal with it (NO response).
I called back and another person got involved (Tia) although she was helpful and talked to her manager and was told give him £30 (insult).
I asked them to listen to the calls which they claim the did but there version doesn't agree with my recordings. They then tell me I have to apply for the recordings which I did only to be told I might get them in 30 days but if they want to it can be longer.
THIS COMPANY IS ONLY INTRESTED IN CASH AND NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

nigelw29
3/20/19

Having paid for express delivery surprise suprise it doesn't include unpacking , assembling the furniture or taking away the packing. To add to the misery there is a manufacturing fault in bookcase. Which is clearly visible and should not have got past quality control

By the way if you want the item unpacked that's another £25 on top of £39 for express delivery and £50for a 5 year guarantee . I don't think I will be buying anything else from Oakfurnitureland and I won't be recommending them.

My large coffee table was fully assembled, And came in perfect condition. Very happy with it Andy marm

By Andrew s.

We had problems with Shay colour wardrobes,they sent a technition out armed with 3 cans of shay spray paint,he was here for 2 hours trying to rub the dent out and spray it,He used 3 cans of paint and it looked awful.after loads of hassle were sent new doors,one of which was split.Cut a long story short,we did have joy from someone at head office,We are still waiting for new doors to arrive we have been waiting 12 weeks now,low and behold were getting a package delivered,More wardrobe doors NO just 3 hinges.You couldnt make it up.I have 3 spare wardrobe doors that are CRAP, and 2 wardrobes awaiting new doors,If and when they arrive I will have accumilated 7 doors plus the 4 doors already in place that don't fit.They wont take anything back including the packaging as they are not licensed to carry things like wardrobe doors and rubbish,How I wonder did they ever arrive in the first place I ask myself.Oh by the way,The door that has got a large split in it,I will tell you why it has a large split in it.(Wait for it)I was told by the local PLANK from HOMESERVE that my tree the doors were cut from had its roots growing in the water and thats why the wardrobe doors had a split in them,Words failed me.Believe me I am not making this up.We are now after 12 weeks going to phone them up,be played trashy music for 1 hour then we may get someone to talk to and ask them what is happening,Watch this space.Im at my wits end now as they don't give a damn,But I have to laugh at the stupidity of these people they employ Most of them are well trained liars and if I didn't laugh I would have had a nervous break down by now and living in the looney bin.

By M B.

No don't use this firm look elsewhere, what you see on the website isn't what you get

By Lynn R.

Questions? Get answers from the OakFurnitureLand.co.uk staff and other customers.

19 Photos for OakFurnitureLand.co.uk