OakFurnitureLand.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0800 440 2254
customerservice@oakfurnitureland.co.uk

laurenm267
9/12/19

All items from Country Cottage Painted Range delivered damaged, split, marked. One item missing so I was then charged for free item. They sent free item it too was damaged and replaced with another damaged item. The Polisher would not mend beds and damaged mirror so they told me to chuck it. They wanted to try again but now after weeks I am so distressed. I will be paying the v12 loan for 4years but the goods won't last that long.
The best place to put your reviews is Trust Pilot as the company uses them. BBC Watchdog have looked into the company also.

anoma2
9/2/19

I bought a table 10 months ago a white mark appeared home serve restorer visited wrote a false report oak world refuse to fix table unless a I pay for independent assessor There furniture is made up with faulty wood they should be investigated

craigm351
8/23/19

I ordered 4 items and 2 of the items were replaced. One of the replacements was damaged on arrival and had to be touch up by Homeserve.

I made the mistake of accepting Homeserve to repair the coffee table as the finish is like that of a deck chair. OFL advise to bees wax. But then they aldo offered to relaquer. Homeserve arrived and explained it is impossible to relaquer a stained oak coffee table without sanding down and respraying. Homeserve accepted the coffee table was unnaccptable, also that 50% of items are usually faulty from the source in the far East. (OFL then reclaim 100% of the purchase price from the sweat shop in Vietnam).

Subsequently OFL will not replace as they insist relaquering is their offering.

Advice. If you use them...make sure you can afford to have at least 2 days off work for repeat deliveries and Homeserve.

If you pay for the insurance and Homeserve come out, their report carries more weight than you...even though the chap from Homeserve is not a craftsman. So, don't let Homeserve come to you, send the goods back. Ensure the order is fulfilled within 14 days so you can cancel the order on OFL as per credit card.

The credit card company won't protect you (after 14 days) if OFL have offered you some sort of resolution...even if this resolutiin is unacceptable. Obviously respaying on top of bees wax is extremely unacceptable.

I'm disappointed to say the least. I'm glad my dealings with them are over.

Finally...don't trust them. Even customer services are obstructive. Once the items are delivered and Homeserve are involved the telephone people you are switched to are more fob-off/negotiators.

I can live with the QC faults but they have given me a stressful few days. If you can afford to pay 10% more go to a quality supplier who is customer focused, the 10% extra will be saved on wasted time.

Oak Furniture Land is a ruthless company.

jenniferl605
8/21/19

Awful. Ordered two lamp tables which were guaranteed in two weeks. When they finally arrived over a month later they had large stickers and anti-tip mounts affixed to the back. I had not intended on putting them against a wall but the back was so ugly it would have been impossible to put them anywhere else. I called to return and was advised by Steve, one of the most aggravating Service Managers I have ever encountered, that the product was not faulty and in an abundance of caution they install the mounts and stickers. He would not waive the return fee which was $250. I explained to no avail that the description never stated the tables needed to be placed against a wall and he pointed me to the T&C term which basically reads that the company can ship you any variant on the description it wants. I was incredulous. I'll never order from the store again.

sarahh533
8/18/19

I brought the Morgan corner group thinking it would be as comfy as the one in the shop. No the cushions are too small so when laying on the sofa you feel a gap making it very uncomfortable

anthonyj189
8/13/19

Ordered in May and now being told delivery delayed until November: poor customer services and no real explanation of how this delay has been caused.

ianc188
8/8/19

Just received two bedside cabinets, one of which has a white piece of wood glued in to the corner, aesthetically unacceptable, obviously no quality control here in UK (don't expect Vietnam to know what QC is as they threw the item together very poorly)
Dressing table has what looks like a routed groove all round the top surface, problem here is the gap at the front will take 1 penny piece but the back will take 5, they say it's an expansion gap, one is so pleased they don't build wooden boats as they would never float...looks terrible. Asked for refund as items totally unnaceptable, especially as we have waited 3 months.

stephent61
8/8/19

Disgusting Service!

Bought a full bedroom set which was delivered yesterday for nothing short of £1,500. Wardrobe is split into 4 parts so the delivery driver can get it upstairs yet the 2 largest parts are boxed together inside each other. Delivery drivers refuse to take it up our standard sized stairs because of the weight and size of how it was packaged due to insurance reasons (too heavy and large for them), then had the nerve to threaten me with either we leave it down stairs for you to deal with or we take it back and you'll be charge 25% of the cost!!!!????

When I challenged him on this, he said he didn't know, he's 'just a delivery driver'. They couldn't get out the house quick enough. Threatening messages all over the boxes saying the return is void if box is damaged. How on earth can you not rip the box open? The item is too large and ceilings too low to take the box off in one piece once it is in your house???

Item was damaged which is why the delivery drivers won't unbox it for you and separate the 2 largest parts of the wardrobe in order to get it upstairs, because they know, they'll end up taking most of the furniture back. That's why they try to cover theirselves with a bunch of disclaimers.

I would suggest Oak Furniture Land look to box these separately, so they can be transferred upstairs by your driver's???

You can see that the item was damaged before painting and delivery as the grooves in it have been painted over.

DO NOT BUY UNLESS YOU ARE EXPECTING SOME MINOR DAMAGE AND HAVE FULL RESOURCE TO GET IT UPSTAIRS YOURSELF. Luckily I did...

But would never ever use this company again, would of been cheaper, less time consuming and better quality getting a flatpack from IKEA.

You've been warned.

peterd474
8/5/19

visited Weston super mare store today 05/08/2019 we were very surprised how much choice there was. Viv the lovely lady that works there was very quick to help us and then left us to look at all the options.we have ordered some furniture from there today and would definitely recommend any one else to pay them a visit .We will going again in the near future.

peterj299
7/28/19

Our experience in the Hull store in June 2019 was excellent. Melvyn Hammond really looked after us, offering us a choice of hot drinks, and helping us navigate around the store as my wife suffers from multiple sclerosis and uses a wheelchair. We found all of the staff to be polite, friendly and knowledgeable. The actual sales process with Melvyn was easy and stress free, and we give the Hull store a maximum 5-star rating. However, we would have to rate the after-sales service as truly appalling.

The delivery came on time. The men who brought our new dresser were polite and friendly. The dresser came in 2 parts, packed in very large JB Global boxes. I had to unpack the furniture myself. The driver suggested that I open the base of the box and then tip the box base down so that I could lift the box off, as the delivery staff didn't unpack items. They left and I began with the dresser unit. I'm pretty fit and strong, but I have to say it's a tricky, awkward job that requires some strength.

Once the dresser was unpacked, I discovered that its left hand door would not close. On examination it appeared that the magnetic catches were faulty and the door appeared to be warped.

I telephoned the Hull store and spoke to Gavin. He was very apologetic about the faulty door, but he couldn't do anything about it at that time as the store's computer system was down. Gavin gave me the number of the Oak Furnitureland service centre, 0800 440 2254 and told me that they would arrange for a replacement.

I rang the service centre. After a 10 minute wait I finally managed to speak with a member of staff. I explained the problem. The man I spoke to told me that in order to have the faulty product collected and replaced I would have to take pictures of the fault and also of the labels attached to each unit of furniture. I told him that meant I would have to unpack the sideboard and then repack it, but he insisted that that was what I had to do.

During the call the man told me the label in question would be stuck to the back of the dresser. I checked and there was no label. Following his instructions, I checked inside the drawers, underneath the drawers and in the cupboards. I even lifted the unit up and checked underneath, but found no label. In doing so I found a 1 inch brass screw rolling around loose inside the left hand dresser cupboard. Thankfully it hadn't caused any damage.

The man I was dealing with came across as uninterested and, frankly, not very bright. He said all he could do was to email me a link to arrange the return online. I was by this time extremely angry, and I informed him that I was legally trained, and that if the matter wasn't dealt with quickly, I would be taking legal action. I also explained to him that as my wife has multiple sclerosis, having all the packing materials strewn around the floor was a very serious trip hazard for her. He told me there was nothing further he could do and the call ended.

I checked my inbox and located the email. It was no help at all. The link supplied me with a one-time password that didn't work. I tried to register and found I already had an account, which I then recalled Melvyn had very kindly set up with me in-store. I clicked on the Forgotten Password link but that didn't work either. I would add that I have over 30 years of in-depth IT experience.

I decided to unpack the sideboard and try to locate a label on it, but yet again I couldn't find it. I rang the service centre a second time. After another long wait I spoke to a woman. She informed me that I would need photograph the fault on the dresser and the labels on the outside of the boxes. I said I would do that.

I explained to the woman that I would need a Saturday delivery. I informed her that I had taken a day's leave to receive the delivery and that I now only had 2 further days of leave until November. Looking after my wife, who suffers with multiple sclerosis, meant I could not afford to take another day of leave. The woman was as unsympathetic as the first person I spoke to at the service centre. She informed me Oak Furnitureland do not make Saturday deliveries and that I would have to arrange a week day delivery. She then said "Have a nice day". I was astonished. I asked her if it sounded like I was having a nice day, and told her that her comment was unbelievably stupid in the circumstances. I ended the call.

Once I calmed down, I decided to check the faulty dresser door again, this time with a powerful torch. After 10 minutes of careful examination, and by comparing the faulty door with the one that closed properly, I discovered that the shelf in the dresser cupboard was misaligned by approximately 1.5 millimetres. That was the reason the door wouldn't close.

I checked the brackets holding the shelf in place and discovered that they were adjustable. I carefully unscrewed the brackets so I could adjust the shelf and align it correctly. The door then closed properly. I tightened up the screws and was able to mount the top of the dresser on the base and complete assembly.

Our experience of the after-sales service of Oak Furnitureland is that it is truly dreadful.

It is inexcusable that the dresser was sent out in that condition, and with a loose screw rattling around in side it. Your quality assurance process is clearly inadequate. The team that packed the dresser cannot have failed to notice that the door kept swinging open, and they must have deliberately packed it knowing it was defective.

The Oak Furnitureland service centre was laughable. Both people I talked with were uninterested and unhelpful. Your returns process is flawed and of poor quality. The packing around the furniture was very good, but it appeared to have been done with the aid of an industrial packing machine. The packaging was so complex that it would have been virtually impossible for me to repack the items in the same way, particularly as my wife is physically unable to assist me.

I telephoned Melvyn at around 11:15 am on the delivery day and explained what had happened and that I had, eventually, managed to do what the quality assurance checker at the factory should have done, and repaired the fault. I also told him about our experience with the service centre. I thanked Melvyn for the excellent service we had received in the store, but I explained that the dreadful after-sales service we experienced meant we wouldn't be buying anymore furniture from Oak Furnitureland or recommending them to friends and family. It was a shame to have to tell Melvyn that and he was clearly unhappy for us and what had happened. It's a shame that Oak Furnitureland employs such good quality staff in the shops but then backs them up with such a sub-standard after-sales service.

I did eventually find the labels on the furniture. I had to use a torch, put my head inside the cupboard of each piece of furniture, twist around and look at the inside corner of the roof of the compartment. The labels were so well hidden that I only discovered them when I gave the furniture a thorough waxing. It seems incredible to me that the service centre staff would not know where the labels are located.

From the perspective of my wife's condition it also seems to me that Oak Furnitureland may not be satisfying the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 for some of its customers.

Providers of goods, facilities and services must not treat you less favourably than they would treat a person who is not disabled. Service providers must make 'reasonable adjustments' to allow a disabled person to use their services. If they don't do this, they must be able to show that their failure to do so is reasonable.

We fail to see how someone like my wife, or an elderly person, would be able to deal with a delivery from Oak Furnitureland if they live on their own.

I wrote to the Chairman, CEO and COO of Oak Furnitureland. All I received back was a call from a fairly inept complaints department operative who admitted that the customer supprt team had totally mis-informed me. I should not have had to repack the furntiure and they should have just arranged a pick-up and redelivery. We have not had any sort of written apology from the firm as of end of July 2019, and the Board really don't seem to give a toss. I have several work colleagues who have also experienced similar problems with Oak Furnitureland.

Our advice? DON'T USE OAK FURNITURELAND! THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY AND THE BOARD IS ARROGANT AND DISINTERESTED!

Regards,

Peter Jones.

philipc175
7/14/19

Being a carpenter for 45 years and very fussy about what I purchase, I went to a local store to have a look at what I was buying. Satisfied that although not what I would call solid timber as its just mads up of strips of wood I knw what I was buying and although advertise as had built realise that hand built by machining would be more appropriate. Anyway delivery was very good although I would have though that the driver would have least asked if they needed to put appropriate footwear on to go across my new carpets. On unpacking my first item I discovered glue or similar that hadn't bee cleaned off properly along with scratches and dents . Obviously form then on I spent a lot of time scrutinising the rest of my items, which were the same. I'm trying to cut this short but talking to the "customer services" was appalling and to be told that they would send home serve (which I believe to be part of some kind of insurance people out to see if they can repair instead of replacing. Well Ill leave that part of your thinking up to you as Ill get in trouble for my expletives. There will be more to read shortly, I'm sure of that.

franm59
6/27/19

ABSOULTLY SHAMBOLICK. Ask them to do something, like pass on a message to the right department, if unable to get through call back customer. Don't think so. If I did this in my Job I would have been sacked.

sahabs1
6/7/19

I bought my expensive dinning table from Oak furniture with their furniture guard cover. They did not fix my minor problem when I developed it after few years on silly ground. Very disappointing. Policy no 662235

They should be avoided.

garrym62
5/14/19

We bought bedroom furniture in January, the wardrobe door was split and was obviously done before it was put in the box to be delivered. I was told to send photos.. They said they would send a replacement door, which would be here middle pf March, then told it would end of April. Only last week a replacement wardrobe arrived with the most ignorant delivery.men. NEVER buy anything from this cowboy company. They really be looked into.

allyn11
5/11/19

We bought a £450 bed from here and paid out right. We received the delivery end of March & opened the bed in April as we were renovating a house. When we opened the box we found the headboard of the bed damaged. I rang and they asked us to send pictures which we did. Heard nothing back So I rang myself. They told me from the images it looked like it was "most likely" our fault. And they couldn't take the blame. I was astonished. I paid a lot of money for a bed that came broken! We were told in store we had a 12 months warranty and any problems give is a call. All rubbish. Please please avoid this store. Go somewhere else that gives customer service !

julianl37
5/10/19

Can't fault the product, so far, so good. It's the surly and positively unhelpful delivery men and the grotesque quantity of packaging, almost impossible to get rid off, which is by far the worst aspect. They package the packaging, in consequence of which I have cardboard and hardboard dust all over my flat, fragmented polystyrene "crumbs" everywhere and a bill for £200 to clear up their mess. Never, ever again will I deal with this company. Sales ? Excellent. After sales, awful, non existent. Stick to John Lewis.

viviang50
5/3/19

split sideboard damaged wall unit door homeserve sent out a diy cowboy new door5 year old could have fitted it better split filled then told no waranty (only 4 weeks old ) sent letter to head office recorded signed for by dawson still no reply DO NOT USE THESE CONMEN

barryb208
4/28/19

Bought Alto dining table set .Started to crack after a few months .Oak Furniture land customer service immeadiatly tell you your at fault .
Ignore these people and speak to decision maker eventually after sending photos emailing CEO and visit from Homeserve .
A replacement table eventually arrives .I found the whole process exhausting lt was verified to be a manufacturing fault .
This is where oak furniture land exposes there true nature .
The table that arrived looked nothing like Alto range almost orange in colour ,blotchy sanding marks , table end not aligned .
Moreover to top it off a red stain the size of an apple in middle of table !!!
Immeadiatly sent pictures away again Homeserve attended "again" .
Agreed with me that the table looked nothing like range and was substandard .
Now I'm told it's just the natural wood grain This company is disgusting and will rip you off if they feel like it
End result l have a stained blotchy table that looks as if it has been in somebody else's home and it cost me over 800 pounds Avoid this company like the plague the furniture is mass produced in Vietnam .
And sold to unsuspecting Brittish public.
They have been investigated by BBc watchdog before and WWF for non sustainable timber supply .

angelam474
4/25/19

Nice furniture, shame about customer service. We are senior citizens and when ordering in store told the Salesman that our items MUST be ready assembled and ready to use. We stressed this more than once. He said yes, no worries. The men will come & place furniture in the rooms as instructed. Man came as I was ready to go out and leave hubby in charge. The furniture was NOT ready assembled. Man said as I was leaving - as I feel sorry for you, I will assemble. After discussion with his co-driver who said "sorry, forget that" and buggered off. When I came back my kitchen/diner was like a bomb site. Furniture just dumped. One box hadn't been opened at all. Before he left apparently the man said he called head office and a man would come in 2 hours to finish the job. Nobody came. After an hour on the phone, finally our furniture was assembled at 7 in the evening. With a disabled husband and a tiny me left in the lurch to assemble was unforgivable. NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!

gordona36
4/24/19

Purchase a new sofa from J oak furniture land,
supplied with an under size cushion that wasn't planed.

Phone up within 24 hours to register my displeasure,
they will send a man out next week at their leisure.

He arrives to check out my complaint,
says he's an expert but not quite a saint .

Its natural settlement which you should expect on a sofa of this age,
What 5 hours old from new ,now you why I'm getting in a bloody rage!!

Sorry he says your talking crap,
I thought you had it a bit longer than that.

He still didn't agree anything was wrong,
I'm beginning to smell a corporate pong.

So now he's off to send in his report'
then it will be for high command to give it some thought.

A WARNING to others if you buy from J oak furniture land ,
you may not get quiet what you planed,

Don't expect reasonable after sales from this bunch,
who couldn't give a stuff when it comes to the crunch,

I was hoping for so much more from this company its such a pity,
so much so I was moved to write this ditty...

Mr Allen one of many clowns that purchased from your joke shop

claireg75
4/24/19

My They only add positive reviews to their products. After 8 weeks of waiting for my furniture to be delivered, I was given the wrong table with two scratches on. I was then told it would be a further 6 weeks to collect or £50 to be refunded. The customer service here is awful. They give you 24hrs to check the item and make it difficult to get anywhere once you phone customer service. They do no accept bad reviews on their site which I have forwarded to trading standards. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. You may be lucky and have undamaged furniture, but you'll get no where if it is. Money grabbing scam artists.

catherinea113
4/22/19

I would avoid this company at all costs. I was browsing for a new bed and placed an item in my basket, however after reading reviews and shopping around decided I did not want to purchase the bed that I had put in my basket. I did not expect to be rang continuously informing me I had an item in my basket that Id forgot about, and did I want to purchase the item. During the first call I informed the sales team I did not want the item, however they clearly do not understand this as I have received a further 7 calls in less than 48 hours. Oak furniture land advertisement makes the company look quite professional, yet the reviews on here tell a more accurate story.

carols638
4/8/19

BEWARE OF FINLEY SUITE: THE LEATHER PEELS! I award no stars for this firm. At point of sale told warranty would cover anything that went wrong with furniture. Misleading and against Trade Description Act. Also, described online as a LASTING suite. Not true.
Suite described as 100% real leather. Real leather would not peel in this way. I do wonder if parts of the furniture are leather whilst other parts are not. I need to discuss with Trading Standards.

Very concerned when Oak Furnitureland describe this suite as "popular". Means that many people are being misled encouraging them to part with their hard earned cash for a suite that will be short-lived and not stand the test of time.

hilaryh29
4/8/19

Appalled that OakFurnitureLand produce absolute rubbish and then have the gall to describe it as a natural effect of the wood, when it is clear that a blind monkey put the nest of tables together. I am disgusted with their attitude and that there is no recourse.

If I could give zero stars or negative, I would

martins299
4/2/19

i had a lamp delived .the lamp was damaged .i call customers service to say my lamp was damaged .was told to look for a number on the bottom of the lamp .which was not there .customer serivice made me look a fool .i am disable and could not do that . all i wanted waas a new lamp .customer service did not understand and made look as if i was thick .iask to speak .to the manage .i was told he was busy. it is the worst company .customer service were nt very help ful at all

They won't last long. The store managers are terrified that the stores will close as people use the internet for OFL products. Naturally there will be more internet complaints so the company will struggle. Avoid, unless you have lots of time to waste.

By Craig M.

My large coffee table was fully assembled, And came in perfect condition. Very happy with it Andy marm

By Andrew s.

We had problems with Shay colour wardrobes,they sent a technition out armed with 3 cans of shay spray paint,he was here for 2 hours trying to rub the dent out and spray it,He used 3 cans of paint and it looked awful.after loads of hassle were sent new doors,one of which was split.Cut a long story short,we did have joy from someone at head office,We are still waiting for new doors to arrive we have been waiting 12 weeks now,low and behold were getting a package delivered,More wardrobe doors NO just 3 hinges.You couldnt make it up.I have 3 spare wardrobe doors that are CRAP, and 2 wardrobes awaiting new doors,If and when they arrive I will have accumilated 7 doors plus the 4 doors already in place that don't fit.They wont take anything back including the packaging as they are not licensed to carry things like wardrobe doors and rubbish,How I wonder did they ever arrive in the first place I ask myself.Oh by the way,The door that has got a large split in it,I will tell you why it has a large split in it.(Wait for it)I was told by the local PLANK from HOMESERVE that my tree the doors were cut from had its roots growing in the water and thats why the wardrobe doors had a split in them,Words failed me.Believe me I am not making this up.We are now after 12 weeks going to phone them up,be played trashy music for 1 hour then we may get someone to talk to and ask them what is happening,Watch this space.Im at my wits end now as they don't give a damn,But I have to laugh at the stupidity of these people they employ Most of them are well trained liars and if I didn't laugh I would have had a nervous break down by now and living in the looney bin.

By M B.

Ikea customer service..excellent..These clowns should be closed down. BBC watchdog should take up a story here..

By Ian C.

No don't use this firm look elsewhere, what you see on the website isn't what you get

By Lynn R.
Questions? Get answers from the OakFurnitureLand.co.uk staff and other customers.

24 Photos for OakFurnitureLand.co.uk