Oak furnitureland UK

Oak furnitureland UK

Oak furnitureland UK has a consumer rating of 1.23 stars from 247 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Oak furnitureland UK most frequently mention customer service, delivery date and phone call problems. Oak furnitureland UK ranks 388th among Furniture sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 2.7%

No positive highlights yet

• The most shocking customer service I've received in a very long time!
  • Delivery men just dumped the settee inside the door.
How would you rate Oak furnitureland UK?

“Easy as pie.”

Antony b.
5/19/21

Wanted a dining room table and chairs, but undecided on what style. The stock examples on display at the York branch of Oak Furnitureland was surprisingly extensive, and with the help of salesman Marcus, the ideal setup for us was quickly found. There was no pressure seemingly applied just good old fashioned salesmanship, and the whole process was swift, easy and covid save. Prices were very competitive considering the quality of the furniture involved. Would definitely return for future needs.

“Dissapointed with the quality and service! I'll never buy again”

Kamil G.
2/1/21

Have my dining table set delivered damaged. Table top and 3 chairs out of 6 needed changing. The new table top lasts only for 4 months before it started having weird marks across whole table. We have been told it's a water damage which was never a case but they refused to take responsibility anyway! We don't have a kids spiling water on table without us knowing, this has been looked after as per manufacturer instruction or even better! Very poor quality of the product for £1000!

customer service (87) delivery men (13)
kamilg11
February 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

stevec1408
January 6th, 2021

Ordered a side table, tv unit and sideboard back in august 2020, finally received the items yesterday 5/1/2021 after being delayed once already, unboxed to find 2 items in dreadful condition, tv unit had so many flaws it's unbelievable, the fact they have quality checked stickers on the back is a joke, clearly not quality checked! So so gutted after waiting all this time to receive this crap, never ever using oak furniture land again, appalling service.

margarettal2
August 18th, 2020

Took out extra insurance for pet damage eg cat scratches. Cat did scratch it so reported immediately, they took 3 weeks before they came out tried to tell me I didn't report it in time. First sofa frame was bent, 2nd sofa lacquer has cracked and peeled off headrest. Told it was the oil from my partner's hair, sofa is only 16 months old and in a house without children. Also told I over cleaned it! Every excuse under the sun!

katherinew255
January 30th, 2021

Purchased a 3 seater sofa and / chairs which were delivered on 10/12/20
The sofa was damaged by the delivery men who dropped if twice bringing it down the path and thus resulted in the leather being badly scuffed down one side
They wore no PPE and unwrapped everything outside leaving the rubbish behind and we paid £49.99 for this shocking service
We were offered £75 compensation and no repair for a sofa that cost nearly £2000
We are now awaiting a new sofa with an estimated delivery of 1/3/21
I will not be shopping there again

denisec677
February 15th, 2021

3 weeks late with delivery then just left wardrobe when I'd paid extra for delivery to a room of my choice. Told wouldn't fit due to packaging so I took packaging off only to be told they could no longer touch item as I'd removed packaging? It was a joke. Parked in front of neighbours who then couldn't get out and one delivery person was extremely rude giving one word answers and walking off. Left my daughter in tears. Customer services were not interested in the slightest. Will never buy from them again.

Tip for consumers:
Don't buy from this shop.

bethanys95
September 4th, 2020

Disgusting company.

Purchased a sofa for £2000 18 months ago.
It now looks so misshapen and saggy and has no support left at all.
We thought this would be no problem as we purchased a 5 year warranty at the time of purchase for a further £200.
Apparently the product looking awful and not being fit to sit on is not a fault.
Some quotes that have come from staffs mouths.
"This is how they make them now so you have to buy a new one regularly"
"The 12 month warranty doesn't mean the product will last 12 months"
"I would never buy one of these for myself, they're a night mare"
Leaving as many reviews as possible in the hope that no one else is ripped off and taken the piss out of. Fuming.

henryp182
November 2nd, 2020

Have got an order in place since the beginning of September, and today (2nd Nov) the "Delivery day", and after booking holidays just to get my items at my home I decided to call and confirm the delivery, but the answer is: there is a small delay on your items, they will be ready to be delivered next January! Next January! 4 months delay without warning me or sending email/message... nothing.
Really poor service

nicholase10
August 7th, 2020

Purchased the item which is a top range double recliner. It arrived with only 1 not 3 transformers so couldnt use the rear recline.
2 one hour calls later having been promised a call back 4 days earlier assured 2 transformers had been sent but 2 days later only 1 arrived.
When plugged in the rear recline froze at maximum recline meaning couldn't use the sofa.
Another 1 hour call to vectold its friday evening we can do nothing till monday then can't promise a timescale so you will have to sit on the floor.
Disgusting service and attitude

christ803
January 15th, 2021

We ordered a coffee table and t. V unit in October 2020 with delivery due 14 Jan 2021. We spent 90 minutes waiting for customer services who treat you like an interruption to their day. We were told we were e-mailed 2 days ago, but did not receive one, to say the order would not be here until the end of March. They have had our money since October 2020. I would never order from these totally unprofessional idiots again. I am going to contact trading standards to find out my options.

michaelw3375
May 2nd, 2021

Received a delivery for a 3 seater sofa and heavily disappointed. Lightweight construction, very cheaply upholstered with loose threads all over. Far eastern manufacturing made in a rush to send over to muggy customers like me. And you too if youre not careful.

andys320
May 9th, 2020

Ordered a large TV unit through their website, item was in stock and had a delivery date booked for a few days later. Day before the delivery they phoned and said they now cannot get to me until over 6 weeks later but said they would refund delivery charge. Six weeks later with no refund of delivery charge the TV unit is delivered. I was at work and item was left in garage. When home I unpacked and found multiple areas of damage and poor build quality with large gaps in some joins. The unit was very well packed with lots of polystyrene and thick cardboard so staff in the warehouse must have really chucked it about, even the tin of polish I ordered was dented! Cannot get through to customer services waiting on the phone three times for over 30 mins, ring the sales number and get straight through! Spoke to someone on their Twitter feed eventually and was offered £90 refund to keep it which I refused to be told they are not taking returns at the moment and will contact me when they are. Not happy at all. Their selling point is solid oak furniture but solid it ain't very flimsy and poor build quality. I would advise people to avoid this place buy a well engineered veneer product or spend the extra 100 quid or so and buy quality.

lindaw820
January 8th, 2020

High Expectations sorely disappointed
Ordered 2 pieces online of furniture for bedroom. First thing the boxes arrived soaking wet as if they had been stored in wet/damp conditions. One piece of furniture had a chip on the front. Phoned customer service several times but sorely disappointed on outcome. Felt like I was unimportant and the whole experience stressed me out. I was recommended to try them but I would find it hard to recommend them myself.

barryp133
September 30th, 2020

Do not buy from this company, I paid £2500 for a leather 3 piece suite waited 5months for it to arrive and after 2 weeks use the leather arms went saggy and distorted. Complained to them but they said they didn't class this as a fault. Absolutely despicable company AVOID!

joannap108
May 10th, 2021

This company robbed us. In January, we bought a piece of furniture. Delivery was due on May 12th. Today I got a message that this date is not available. Next available delivery date is December. Our bill was increased by £ 59.99 for delivery. No contact possible, the hotline is still unavailable. Thieves!

lisah2166
May 25th, 2021

I will never use this company again. Ordered a dining room table and four chairs online. The table top has stain marks on it - which are not wood knots or colour varaitions, submitted the problem with photos online as instructed. They have not been in touch and I have tried to rung them numerous times but just get put in a queue (high call volume) it is always the same regardless of what time of day I ring. Been on hold for an hour in my longest call.

ronniey10
July 31st, 2020

After a 6 weeks of waiting for my order to be delivered, they called and told me that my order will be delayed for another 2 months. After telling them i would like my money back, they promised to have my money £800 refunded within a week. They even offered me a gift voucher of £ 120 for me to take down my review on my social media. This was 3 weeks ago now. Still nothing in my bank. Poor customer service and took forever to answer their phone. Worst company i have ever experience. Ending up contacting trading standard.

tonym874
June 24th, 2021

Delivery staff there are other professional and lie, have to wait on the phone for over one hour to get through to someone in their customer service this.
Well what can I say about oak furniture, delivery staff who say they made a delivery to me yesterday but left a card saying "sorry we missed you" and this is how long it took me to get through to someone in there customer service this morning only to tell me she would ring me back once I told her I have cctv installed. But if you do need to contact someone, press 1 when you get through and someone in there sales team answers straight away. Never again

Stay away

None

antonyb42
May 19th, 2021

Dining table and chairs

charlottev42
January 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

Terrible customer service – I was charged twice for an order of £670 I made in December. 3 x 90mins on the phone to the rude customer services team and a number of unanswered emails. I really need the money I am owed, it's a months rent, 3 weeks and no response. Appalling – do not buy from this company!

colinl175
January 1st, 2021

Got a table and corner unit from Gateshead looks nothing like in shop poor quality wood and made in Vietnam won't replace gaps between joints sent pictures they say it's sap from trees one door on corner won't shut cracks in table legs finally got a call off them and offered £50 discount please please don't get anything from them

keving837
January 14th, 2021

Ordered 2 sofas and was given a delivery date Husband took morning off work Sofas wasn't delivered No phone call or any communication to inform us then had to take day off. 3 hours after constantly being on hold got through to delivery to be left on hold a further 30 mins to be informed can't give you new delivery date we will be in touch lol Tried ringing complaints department to be told I'm no 45 in line Won't ever buy from Oakland furniture again

amyc1376
May 18th, 2021

We ordered a corner sofa from them and waited 6 weeks for you to deliver two right hand parts and no left. Then they tell me to wait over 2 months to put it right! Seriously! When I question this and say cancel my order they didn't even care, put up a fight to keep me as a customer or my sale even when I cancelled our other items. The most shocking customer service I've received in a very long time! What a joke! Do I recommend Oak Furniture Land? No I blinking don't! I recommend you all stay well clear!
Don't promise customers they'll receive their order when you don't know where your own stock is. The representative said ‘without searching to the depths of the earth I won't find it'. No love try just searching your warehouses!

Tip for consumers:
Don’t bother! Go somewhere else!

Products used:
None! We ordered a corner sofa and recliner chair. The chair was not delivered the sofa had two of the same parts so was unusable really as this meant it wouldn’t fit!

tonyc576
September 24th, 2020

Six leather dining room chairs from Oakfurniture delaminating after 4 years like plastic - judge yourself from the photo. No offer of a discount on replace and at £140- each not the quality you would expect.

jackiew333
June 1st, 2021

We ordered some furniture from the Oak Furnitureland website which was supposed to arrive within 6 weeks. We didn't get it until 9 months later. When it arrived, one item was damaged, and another had what looked like flecks of paint or woodstain on it. The furniture is generally not very well put together, with gaps in between the joints. For the price we paid, we expected much better quality – the furniture we received looks like factory rejects. We will not be buying from Oak Furnitureland again, and would definitely not recommend.

darrenh181
June 15th, 2021

Title says it all. Placed an order in December 2020. Delivery date set for June 2021. Received an email two weeks before delivery was due to say they have processed my refund.

Called them (waited 30 mins to get through) to be told my order had been cancelled but they couldn't explain why. The order cannot be un-cancelled so would I like to place the order again and wait another six months...

If you're thinking of ordering from Oak Furnitureland do yourself a favour - do not bother.

They won't last long. The store managers are terrified that the stores will close as people use the internet for OFL products. Naturally there will be more internet complaints so the company will struggle. Avoid, unless you have lots of time to waste.

By Craig M.
See more answers (5)

Depends what you buy but are recliner sofa and chairs where flat packed and we had to assemble them even though Monica the sales member told us the delivery men would do it but they aren't actually allowed too.

By Samantha P.
See more answers (4)

It's says Vietnam JB global on all the boxes, so no, I do t think it's made in the UK

By Phil C.
See more answers (2)

Not from this company, their after sales service is rubbish and their extra 5 yr cover is not worth the paper its written on

By Brenda T.
See more answers (2)

We had problems with Shay colour wardrobes, they sent a technition out armed with 3 cans of shay spray paint, he was here for 2 hours trying to rub the dent out and spray it, He used 3 cans of paint and it looked awful. After loads of hassle were sent new doors, one of which was split. Cut a long story short, we did have joy from someone at head office, We are still waiting for new doors to arrive we have been waiting 12 weeks now, low and behold were getting a package delivered, More wardrobe doors NO just 3 hinges. You couldnt make it up. I have 3 spare wardrobe doors that are CRAP, and 2 wardrobes awaiting new doors, If and when they arrive I will have accumilated 7 doors plus the 4 doors already in place that don't fit. They wont take anything back including the packaging as they are not licensed to carry things like wardrobe doors and rubbish, How I wonder did they ever arrive in the first place I ask myself. Oh by the way, The door that has got a large split in it, I will tell you why it has a large split in it.(Wait for it)I was told by the local PLANK from HOMESERVE that my tree the doors were cut from had its roots growing in the water and thats why the wardrobe doors had a split in them, Words failed me. Believe me I am not making this up.We are now after 12 weeks going to phone them up, be played trashy music for 1 hour then we may get someone to talk to and ask them what is happening, Watch this space.Im at my wits end now as they don't give a damn, But I have to laugh at the stupidity of these people they employ Most of them are well trained liars and if I didn't laugh I would have had a nervous break down by now and living in the looney bin.

By M B.
See more answers (2)

Ikea customer service. Excellent. These clowns should be closed down. BBC watchdog should take up a story here..

By Ian C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Oak furnitureland UK staff and other customers.

The UK? ۪s Largest retailer of 100% solid hardwood furniture: mango & oak furniture, including painted styles & sofas. Finance available. Shop today!

davidw177
David W.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oak furnitureland UK?

Have a question about Oak furnitureland UK?