Review of MotoBuys

MotoBuys reviews

Auburn, WA 98092, US

robertc99
1/4/14

Terrible company. Received a damaged unit 4 hours later than the shipping window. Then they have every excuse in the book as to why they won't take back the unit. The unit has multiple issues and every time they come up with an excuse why there is nothing wrong. Then they insist I hire a mechanic to fix it when it is supposedly brand new. Terrible experience - keep away from this company.

jerryb39
10/20/13

I have purchased two vehicles from Motobuys in 2013. Both arrived promptly and we got the paperwork within 7 days as they promised. We would highly recommend them.

thomasd30
7/1/13

Back in April 2011 I ordered a go kart from Moto Buys. I had to call Bill or Gary at least 6 times over the course of 5 months to determine the status of my order. During this time, the price of the go kart rose approximately $500. When the go kart finally arrived in October, Moto Buys expected promt payment of the higher price. At this point, I just wanted my deposit of $100 returned; however, Moto Buys would only return $75. This company is a joke. I envision a couple of high school drop-outs trying to manage this business. They have no clue what customer service entails, and I would be suprised if they are able to maintain their B rating with the BBB for long. Do not buy anything from them. I wish I had listened to all the negative reviews before I decided to purchase from them. Check out Go Karts USA; they carry similar products, and seem to be a solid comany to do business with.

travisf9
1/17/13

I, like the first complaint listed above, have never received my MSO and/or even an invoice for the purchase of my daughter's $1500.00 TrailMaster Youth XRX go cart. For the past (7) weeks, the General Manager, Bill, has been argumentative and told me that the MSO came with the go cart and I must "not be able to find it". After weeks of back and forth, Bill finally said that he would "forward the request for a duplicate MSO to the factory" and it would take up to two weeks. When three weeks passed with no MSO or invoice, they changed the time frame to 2 to 4 weeks. I then turned my complaint over to the BBB to help me get an MSO and/or an invoice. Most importantly, Michael from their "factory" finally called me and said that they received my request the day before and that they would send the original MSO out in that day's mail. The factory also told me that they DO NOT send a MSO with every purchase as Motobuys.com employees had been telling me for weeks!! The factory said that they only send a MSO if the customer calls AFTER the purchase and requests one. I forwarded that disposition from their own factory back to Motobuys.com in an effort to educate them for future customers. Bill is the "General Manager" and does not even know the process on how a customer is to receive a MSO on TrailMaster go carts!! What a joke. It has taken me 12+ emails and at least (4) phone calls to get this far. From the comments listed above, it appears that Motobuys.com (Bill) tries to make excuses and reply to each negative comment. Let me assure you that their excuses are just that, excuses. At the end of the day, I am STILL waiting on the MSO and/or an invoice for a go cart purchase in November, 2012!!! The product and the shipping went fine but if you need customer service AFTER the sale, run from this company! And when you get tired of running, take a breath and run some more. Bill, you really need to find another job because you are substandard on your best day.
UPDATE: Last night, a month and a half AFTER the purchase, I FINALLY received a receipt from Motobuys.com!!!! I guess turning it over to BBB helped in some way. Still waiting on my MSO though.....................Maybe that will come next month! Great job guys!

paulg22
3/31/12

Ordered 2XL Snowmobile Helmet with XL Riding Gloves. Get email that Riding Gloves will be shipped separately. Received Helmet...but in wrong size (XL instead of 2XL). Emails and phone calls to get return info. Had to ship helmet back at MY EXPENSE. Had to call/email multiple times to get helmet...finally delivered 3 weeks later. No word on gloves after multiple emails and phone calls. Received gloves in mail today: 1.not riding gloves as shown on website, 2.one-size-fits-all (not XL as ordered) Resolution Sought:1.Reimburse my mailing expense 2.Send me snowmobile riding gloves as ordered 3.Pay for mailing on return of these generic one size fits all non-riding gloves received
Company's Response: The Gloves were a FREE gift and they are leather riding gloves exactly as advertised. The ad is at http://www.motobuys.com/hjc-helmet-001-95.html The ad reads leather riding gloves and that is what they received. Nowhere on the ad does it say Snowmobile gloves. The cost the customer paid for these gloves was FREE. These gloves are a one size fits all real Leather riding gloves. No where on the ad does it read anything other than that. We are sorry if the customer does not like them however since the customer paid nothing for them the customer cost for these gloves is ZERO. The helmet was sent direct from HJC factory and the helmet was exchanged for customer as soon as we received the helmet back that customer wanted exchanged. We are disappointed that our efforts did not meet there expectations.
Consumer's Rebuttal: Photo of "free" riding gloves was of snowmbobile riding gloves. Website asked for size for riding gloves: which was entered as "XL". The "one size fits all" riding gloves were not XL and since the "free" riding gloves were part of a package for a snowmobile helmet, the assumption would be the riding gloves being for a snowmobile as pictured on the site. They are generic cheap leather gloves with minimal lining that could never be used on a snowmobile. As far as "free" gloves...I had found the helmet for a lesser amount on another website, but b/c this ad included the "free" gloves as a package...I paid more for the helmet assuming the extra cost would be made up with the new gloves.Lastly, nobody addressing the issue of MY EXPENSE for mailing for a mistake by Motobuys
Company's Final Response :This customer ordered a HJC helmet which he claims was not the correct size when received. He was promptly given a return auth # and we exchanged the helmet free of charge. The ad for the Helmet says clearly FREE leather riding gloves. Nothing about snowmobile or anything else. The point here is that the gloves are a "FREE GIFT" with purchase. Customer paid zero, nada, nothing for these gloves. So the main basis for this complaint is he does like the FREE GLOVES that he paid ($0) for? Whats next, someone filing a BBB complaint at Cracker Jack because they don"t like that FREE toy in the box

joem27
7/15/11

Purchase a scooter on line. Never got the bill of sale or MSO. Keep calling the company and get "we forwarded this to the factory". I called and emailed numerous times, no response. Without this I cannot insure or register this scooter. Watch out for this site.

Try to motobuy.com.ua

By Alex D.

I finally for my bill of sale but it was about 4 weeks after I purchased the scooter. The company should work on their communications with their customers.

By Joe M.

Questions? Get answers from the MotoBuys staff and other customers.

2 Photos for MotoBuys