Review of MotoBuys

MotoBuys reviews

Auburn, WA 98092, US

frankh215
9/1/18

Bought this little bike as a commuter. It didnt work from day 1. The service people are slow getting back to you. I needed a part that had to ship from china so it took a while. Meanwhile your little warranty is dinging away while you wait. All warranty work is on you to do so I am wrenching it myself (although I do like doing that, I am just not that mechanically inclined so everything takes me a long time). Once the part was installed it started to rn, but it only pulls up to 2nd gear. It will go into 3rd but it immediately begins to lose speed. If you skip to 4th it slows down very fast. So this $1700 scooter goes about 25 mph. That is it. When I asked what we need to do to get this in 3rd gear, "MOTOBUYS" said "How fast are you expecting this vehicle to go? They top out at about 35mph with a smaller person on them". It doesnt say that in the ads. Some of the ads with their 49cc say they go 40 mph. I had a scooter with 49 cc that I could get up to 43 mph on level ground. So 25 mph is junk. STAY far away fromt his thing. Save your money.

thomass550
8/9/18

DONT BUY FROM HERE! Scumbags are so disrespectful, worst customer service I've ever had. They want pictures of a credit card and drivers license because the shipping address is somewhere else. Are you joking me? Then they act so nasty about this and love hanging up. No manners at all. I even paid extra for quicker shipping and they take their sweet time in processing the order. What a joke. Morons

ronh242
7/24/18

I have purchased 3 mini jeeps and 1 moto 250 4 wheeler GOOD PRICE, FAST DELEVERY. The one item I had trouble with they took care of it no charge.

deanm143
7/19/18

I'm going to start by saying that businesses like this, selling chinese machines, get lots of crap from their customers. People will come on here pissed off that there brand new chinese moped broke after the first few days and they want a new one. 99% of the time it is the purchasers fault for not following the manual and not treating their machines right. I've had multiple chinese mopeds, motorcycles, and dirtbikes all of which have lasted me and havent had out of the ordinary problems. This is because i take care of them and complete all the maintenance and read the manuals for that specific machine. Also, keep in mind that mostly only the customers who receive broken products write reviews on this website. I recently purchased a Yamasaki YM50-9 50cc 4-speed manual "motorcycle." I purchased the product and it was shipped out very quickly and arrived promptly without a scratch. I also shot a couple emails to the company about the bike and got quick answers on all of them. I love my new bike and am taking very good care of it. If anything was to break It is simply not fair to blame it on the company. they simply buy the product and resell it. This was my first time purchasing an item from motobuys as i have bought from multiple chinese wholesale websites. I had no problems and would definitely make another purchase from them. You customers that come on here need to not be such a pain in the butt and be calm and respectful and then maybe you'd get a responses. If worst comes to worst and somehting very bad happens you can always pull the card from the payment and try to resolve the problem. These companies have a lot to deal with and you need to understand that. I have had bad experiences int he past but i found that if you are polite and understanding that they always come through and do their best to please you. Stop being such ignorant, greedy, rude a$$holes and try being kind for once. It will get you far in life. Thanks everyone, Dean.

kenm281
7/10/18

I purchased a Sand Viper T400, the UTV they shipped is smaller, I called Bob and he informed the size listed on the site was crate size and not unit size. (but yet I have an email from them giving me the crate size (which is smaller then what was listed on their website) so there is the 1st lie. No manual or check-off sheet to put UTV together or even check list for the parts. Called Bob again and he informed me it was on their website. ( it is not and even their Tech stated they did have it) Lie # 2.
Tried to work this out with Bob and asked him to make it right. He refused, so I stopped payment on my card until this is settled.

lenal21
7/3/18
• Updated review

No return email after purchase! They sold me a defective scooter and refused to acknowledge my calls or emails after I bought the scooter and due to a fried wiring harness, the scooter shorted out and I was badly hurt! Then they have the audacity to treat me like garbage afterwards because I asked for an exchange. This place needs sued and I am ready to call a lawyer!

“No return email after purchase!”
6/20/18
• Previous review

I bought a 150cc scooter from them and after I was charged they called to tell me they didn't have the colors I wanted. I ended up with an ugly blue. I am having some issues with the scooter and am trying to get some answers about whether they are normal, but now that they have my money there is no response to my issue. I wouldn't recommend purchasing anything from them. Go somewhere else.

joshb192
6/29/18

This company should be out if business soon. No way a company can conduct business the way Bob treats people. Like the other people said. Once Bob gets your money you are screwed, doesn't return phone calls or emails. And more than likely Bob will send what ever color he feels like it. They guy has several law suits against him found on public records. Buyers beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amandat148
6/28/18

This is the worst place to buy an ATV, MOTORCYCLE or anything. The guy Bob will not email, call or return calls back to you. So once he gets your money you are SCREWED UP THE ASS. Bob cussed us out and told us that he did not need our F#CK#NG, hung up on us. DON'T BUY FROM MOTOBUYS!!!!!

sammyi1
5/17/18

I agree with Samuel review, they wont return emails, or calls... I don't do reviews, normally, however, this one push me over the edge ...I had to call over & over until I finally got through and spoke with this very unprofessional person, Bob, who will not refund my order claiming it was fraud ..what the heck? I paid with my own PayPal.... LOL.... I had to fight this jerk to get my own money back and released back to me ..wow what an ugly experience...... Do NOT do business with this company.. there are many other reputable companies out there... this company should not be in business and they don't deserve our money.

samueld46
5/3/18

Won't return emails or calls. Took two weeks to get someone on the phone to get my receipt. Said order was shipped still no tracking number. They completely suck and are worthless as far as any customer service goes.Wont make this mistake again. The only time they were nice was when i payed them after that there is no communication on there part.

robertw443
4/23/18

we are in mediation I will post again when problem is solved. Iv been asked by Motobuys to re-consider my former rating.

michaelp405
4/16/18

I had a really great experience with this company! I was super impressed by the level of customer service from start to finish! When I called to check if my order had shipped, the guy that answered the phone new my name and why I'm calling (WOW) I guess it was based on the caller ID. He told me my order had shipped and should arrive in 2 days... It actually arrive the next day. I will shop them again and would recommend them highly to others. Thanks for the great service guys, keep it up....

vernonh26
3/5/18

I was very nervous about my purchase from Motobuys, after reading all the negative reviews. But they have done everything they promised on their website. Great 150cc scooter, great price, fast shipping, well packed, and efficient delivery. I'm not an employee of associated to Motobuys in any way, but I wanted to write this review, to give an honest perspective from a customer. After some basic assembly, battery, mirrors, storage box, I had a little issue with the scooter running for more than 3 seconds, but after checking the fuel lines, and finding a kink in the supply line, it runs perfectly. Super happy with my purchase.

keithh105
1/3/18
• Updated review

After letting them know I filed a fraud/non delivered product claim with American Express they finally agreed to refund my money. They originally told me they could not refund my purchase since it was already in transit to me and would arrive in a day or two. I told them simply I'd refuse to except it when it arrived and the carrier would return it to them. . . funny thing it never arrived. Stay clear of these guys.

“Do not buy from Motobuys”
12/12/17
• Previous review

Don't fall for the allure of the cheap prices. I purchased a UTV from them on 12/5 and was told it would ship in 24 - 48 hours. I called after three days to verify shipping since the status never changed on the confirmation they sent. They said is shipped via Yellow Freight and they would have the tracking number in 24 hours. I called back the next day to get the tracking number, they then told me it shipped via Road Runner and they were waiting for the tracking number. On the third day I called and they told me it was on Sun Valley Freight and they would call me right back with a tracking number. I'm still waiting. I finally filed a fraud charge with them through American Express to get my money back. If there were a zero star option, that is what they would get.

mikes640
12/28/17

Ordered 2 go-karts and was sent 2 different models...when I called the GM told me he had checked the vin numbers on what was sent me, and they were correct. I got what i ordered , and they wouldn't pickup and make it right. I asked for their legal mailing address and he did not respond. Have not heard from them anymore. Got screwed and they took my money.

micheled50
11/30/17

I purchased my son a dirt bike. When it was delivered all the parts werent there to put it together and the clutch was broken. Called the company right away he told me to go to the local store and buy the parts. Extremely rude!! Very bad customer service. They finally sent the part two weeks later. After riding the bike for less then 2 hours the bike was falling apart. Called them back several times because gas was coming out of the air filter and he told me to bad to slam the front tire on the ground it had a bad carburetor and thats the fix. Never received any of the free stuff that was supposed to come. I had to bring the bike to a local dirt bike shop to get fixed after only 2 hours of use. Cost me another $150 to repair. The bikes they sell are junk and they are absolutely the rudest people ever. Asked to speak to the owner and the managers response was this is a corporation there is no owner. They scam people big time.

alicew87
11/30/17

I purchase a 4 wheeler from them and was really excited. Got the atv in 2 days. Helmet and other item followed the next week. Unfortunately,by time we recieved other items the atv was inoperable. The weld came apart at the shocks after riding less than 2 hours.,and caused atv to flip. Looking at it you can see where it broke. Contacted correct dept. and sentplenty of photos,. Their response was. Get it repaired and we will credit you $75.00. . Really ,after 2 hours and $550.00 that is all I get for my money. Now I have to find someone to repair and I dont trust product

Tip for consumers: Save your money

johns2527
11/28/17

Purchased a Tao Tao 125 quad for my grandson in 2015. He has since out grown it and we decided to sell it. Buyer wanted a title for it so I went to MVD and they said it has to have a MSO from the dealer. Contacted Motobuys.com and they gave me the email run around for 2 weeks. My last communication from them is as follows:

Nov 28 at 12:18 PM

Someone will help you replace your paperwork that was lost but it wont be till the first of the year. I have ne available staff to go back into the archives to search your unit. Please call us at 877-667-6289 after Christmas.

The only paper work I ever received from these people was a email sales receipt.
These people sell junk and they have very poor customer service.

hanenk
10/6/17

I got an ice bear cyclone from these criminals. This is stealing. I'm talking to a lawyer now to see if there is anyway to put them out of business. I can't believe they are allowed to sell the garbage they sell. Week one my bike won't start 50 dollars for towing 300 for parts and labor. The shop sells icebear but won't honor the warranty. Week three another trip to the shop another 150 dollars. This morning broke down on the way to work. Bolt holding the drive train case to the steel frame snapped completely in half. Belt shredded. Wheels inside the variator have deep grooves. Called a million times mailbox always full (I'm sure with complaints that's why they don't listen to them) the contact us page where you can send a message they don't answer them either. Please save your money and avoid the headache.

denniss150
9/7/17

After a month of not being able to use the vehicle I took it to a mechanic and paid out of pocket to have the problems diagnosed. It is running now but through no fault of MotoBuys. All I got from them were lies and accusations that the problems were my fault. Don't buy from them unless you are a dealer with a fully equipped shop and a qualified mechanic.
Update, Requested MSO in August. Contacted them and they say it was mailed regular mail with no tracking or receipt. I never got it.
Update #2, Contacted them to get a duplicate MSO. Said it would take two weeks. It's been three weeks and still nothing. Just another lie.

Update #3; although it is not their fault directly, a couple of months after my purchase they dropped the price by almost $1,000. I was stupid to buy from them.

toddb53
7/24/17

I ordered three products ten days ago and Motobuys could easily take my money immediately but gathering the order in a week and a half, not so much. I called and received a flippant and unexcusable man stating the weekends got in the way!!!!!

I asked to get my money back and he quickly said, " no problem".

IT' S A PROBLEM AND MY NEXT MOVE WILL BE WIRE AND MAIL FRAUD WITH INSPECTOR GENERAL IF MY MONEY IS NOT RETURNED IMMEDIATELY.

RIDICULOUS SERVICE AND COMPANY.

rafaels42
6/20/17

After five days and still no title, no instructions, no manual book and no official receipt. You would think the paperwork would come before the goods The scooter was just missing a few hardware, replacing was no big deal.
No scratches and delivery was rather expedient. However customer service really stinks. These folks just want your money and that is all, but where else are you going to find something different? The best buy, is one you can physically touch, see and even try out. In almost every case, dealing with Chinese goods distributors is less than perfect. It appears to me that their small profits and headaches over whelms their ability to give satisfaction to their customers. For now, I give them 3 stars. I will repost. Just because of timely delivery, no major problems and I like my selection. After speaking to Bob, asking if they had my first choice of color, he said yes...well I got my second choice. A little Lie. That's is OK it did not hurt. I will be back.

cindit4
6/16/17

Received scooter not assemblied as ad stated it would be. Scooter came with zero instructions on how to assembly it. Rude customer service people. I got the bike and called them looking for the title. They sent me the bike but mailed the title from california to ohio. So basically I have a bike for a week that is useless because I can not get a plate for it.

thomasm238
5/17/17

Motobuys.com was a great expiernce salesman super nice super fast on delivery thank you motobuys.com

robt160
4/29/17

Had a rough experience with a Trailmaster XRS 300 that I bought, in terms of product quality. No fault of Motobuys, as they are just a drop shipper/customer handler.

Customer service mailbox is full, so cannot leave a VM. Email took about a week but finally got a response back and send us all the parts we needed via the manufacturer.

FYI, it helped to contact the actual manufacturer, in our case. Not sure if we would have gotten a response had it not been for that, but you never know.

Average service rating for an online go kart seller. Obviously could improve the speed of service, but the outcome was satisfactory.

Try to motobuy.com.ua

By Alex D.

I finally for my bill of sale but it was about 4 weeks after I purchased the scooter. The company should work on their communications with their customers.

By Joe M.

Questions? Get answers from the MotoBuys staff and other customers.

2 Photos for MotoBuys