Review of MotoBuys

MotoBuys reviews

Auburn, WA 98092, US

davidn70
12/2/15

Motobuys was the only company I could find who offered an easy quick-ship policy on a Trailmaster go kart. The freight arrived as was planned and the parts were all there. We needed a mechanic to help us get it assembled and running and the carburetor needed to be cleaned out in order to get it to run fairly smooth. I purchased an upgraded carburetor, but have not yet put it on. We needed to google instructions online because there were no instructions included. I was able to get very limited technical help from the company. I would give them a higher rating if they would provide instructions and real help for assembly. I have also waited more than a month for the additional items that I purchased. I had to remind them a few times that I did not receive them. All in all, the product was a good value and our family had a great time using it.

sajia
10/7/15

I think they are trying to improve their quality of service. I bought a quad electric atv. Even though it took three weeks to arrive in NJ from CA (I was concerned because no information such as tracking number provided by the company though they immediately charged my credit card), I still received the goods ordered. The reason for the delay and no tracking number seems to be because they are using cheaper shipping companies. Motobuys should be very transparent about this. No one is going to dislike them because they are using unknown shipping companies. Their website should also clearly specify that deliver can take more that two weeks, which again customers will not be bothered about much. Anyways, on 2nd day of use, the ATV's motor axle broke and I submitted an email to get a replacement (including pictures of broken parts and serial number plate). After two days I got a confirmation from motobuys that manufacturer has been informed about the parts and next day I got a tracking number from the manufacturer. I am happy for now.

Tip for consumers: They might have mismanaged their services initially but it seems like they are trying to fix their internal problems.

raymondh32
8/28/15

I saw on their website that they give a $75 discount if you order 2 Dirt bikes. I was going to ship them both to one locations, however I decided to call them and ask if I get the discount if both bikes are shipped to different locations. I spoke with Bob and he said yes, however I had to place the order over the phone. After placing my order he asked to send him a copy of credit card and drivers license which I did. I asked Bob if I will get an email confirmation with my order information. Once again he said yes.
After 4 days I still did not receive any order confirmation. Called them, asked for Bob but spoke to Chris who said I will not receive any confirmation because it was a phone order. Bob never called me back so I called again and finally got him. He said email confirmation is on it's way but they never sent it. I called again to inquire about my order (not sure who I spoke to this time) and they asked for an order number. I told him I have no information regarding my order because I never received a receipt nor any confirmation. They finally send me a tracking number for one bike that didn't provide any information regarding the destination...unbelievable...
I decided to check my credit card account and saw that they charged me the full price without the $75 discount and still no order confirmation with itemized purchased receipt.
Once again I call them and now spoke to Joe ( I believe he gave me a fake name because he paused after I ask him) I explained to him that Bob took my order by phone to insure I get $75 discount. He said that was a mistake and that I will be charged full price. I asked him 'Do I have to pay for Bobs mistake?" He said "Yes basically you do".
So now they will not pickup my calls and decided to email them again. In my message I asked Bill (the manager) if there was any way we can resolved this issue other than cancelling my order? Maybe throw in a Peewee chest protector ($60 item). He said no and cancelled my order.
Do not trust these people.They will lie to you. I had to go as far as cancelling my credit card because they had a copy. Bill as a big ego and employs a bunch of thugs.This is an internet based business so they probably do a lot of volume sales and can care less about their customers. This bad review will join dozens of others.
Ultimately they did me a favor.I used tboltusa.com/ to get my bikes. They were pure gentlemen and I save $150. I also received my order confirmation with an itemized receipt.

tj101
7/21/15

I purchased a 150cc Go Kart from MotoBuys and it came shipped with absolutely no instructions for assembly. This is to help them support the awful warranty they offer on these. They do not inspect them before shipping, so know you will have issues with anything you buy from them.

The go kart came with a blown fuse, non-functioning lights, and the carburetor was incorrectly assembled at the factory. I was forced to send the go kart to a mechanic, who is the one that documented that the carburetor was incorrectly assembled. I have contacted MotoBuys numerous times, and have been hung up on while being transferred to a manager. They now ignore my calls, as they have caller ID (without ever being rude to them). They merely send me warranty documentation stating that they pay no Labor whatsoever (even when they ship a defective item)!!

After getting the go kart back from the mechanic, on the very first attempt to ride it, the gear shift linkage broke off from the engine block. THIS GO KART HAS YET TO BE DRIVEN!!! They won't take a return of a lemon, and just state that I can get parts. Needless to say, they won't be sending a new engine!!

This company is impossible to deal with and disconnecting customers when they call to talk to technical help or managers about returns............is just not professional. They hide behind their internet sales. BEWARE AND DON'T PURCHASE FROM THEM!! You may get a working vehicle, but the people who don't, will be screwed. I am stuck with a $1,700 item that I can't drive. I have spent $200 to try to even get it working, and may have to pay $400 more for an engine! NOT IF I CAN WIN MY DISPUTE WITH MY CREDIT CARD!!

rickk36
7/16/15

This is my first review I have ever wrote, but I feel compelled to do so... I bought a 150 Trail master UTV in March 2015. you need to realize this is an internet company, so you can't just run down to the local bike shop and get parts or service. The shipment is large so you must have a way to get it unloaded, there was no installation instructions so you need to have general mechanical skills... once together it would not start, so again need to have mechanical skills. I made multiple contacts with the company, the service tech helped talk me through what was the problem (idle jet in carburetor was obstructed); ultimately they sent me a replacement carburetor (and the missing bolts from original shipment).. after many hours working on it and a bit of frustration the kids (and myself) love the machine; although still have trouble at times with starting (electronic choke is temperamental), I need to hold my hand over air intake until it gets warmed up.... Bottom line if you don't have some basic mechanical skills (and internet skills to communicate with them), don't buy this machine...I am very happy with paying 1/3 the cost of the local "name brand" dealer, and it fits the need for my 9 and 11 year old kids...hope this helps.. Rick from Michigan. Ride on!

cosmom
6/30/15

I ordered a 110 kids Atv on 6/6/15. I ordered from them because their website said they carry all spare parts for the products they sell. They also said average time to ship is 5-7 working days. AH!!! I'm still waiting for my kids Atv!! It's been 16 working days now. They don't give me a straight answer only that 5-7 days is the average. They don't seem to give a $#*!. I will never order anything from them again and will tell everyone I know how much they suck. And the one who really gets screwed is my son.

chrisc164
5/21/15

Everything they told me was completely wrong. I made a phone order spoke w the very unhelpful salesperson. They gave no info to me any info I got I had to ask the questions first. States I wanted to buy a pit bike gave him the size and color. On web site it says free shopping well that is b.s. Also shipping did not include liftgate service. That was extra charge on top of shipping costs. Sales said it would be one day for processing and 5-6 days delivery. Haha. It has taken them a week to process and still another 6-10 days for delivery overall it has taken 3 weeks and I still have not received. Asked where it was being shipped from he stated they have warehouses in Atlanta and Indy. That r the closest to me on east coast. Ha. After 8 phone calls to them I find out that it's being shipped from California. And that shipping co didn't receive order for a week from order date. Terrible customer service did nothing they said they would. I gave them benefit of doubt and that was my downfall. Believe all of the reviews on this site.

dustinv8
5/7/15

I spent $3,000 on a gocart/utv in March 2015. The unit was delivered and has been in the shop twice since then for loss of power and other issues. When I called the company they told me I was lying and I had buyers remorse. I asked for a refund four times and they still have not made it right. They do not stand behind their products and are the WORST company I have ever dealt with. Honestly, I think they're crooks out to steal from hard working people.

jenniferw76
4/15/15

First we couldn't track it because it went thru a different carrier than what they said. Once we got it the CDI was bad in it. submitted their replacement part form. called 2 days later to get tracking info and the part was never ordered. On 3/27/15 I requested a certificate of origination and bill of sale because I have to have that to register it. They tell me it will take 10 days and I should have it. 19 days later I still don't have it so I call them. The guy tells me it just got there today. I tell him this is the worst buying experience I have every had because my son still can't ride his 4 wheeler and his response was " you could quit whining about it over the phone and give me your address so I can send it out!" how rude can you be to customers, considering I have 3 more I need to purchase. You couldn't pay me to do business with them again

jasons124
2/27/15

Bought a 125 cc gocart for my daughter last year , it showed up on time and once i assembled it , it fired right up .Only bad thing is one of the rims tore into 2 pieces.Cheesy welds.Other than that,i'm waiting on a new 150 cc right now.

eugenea10
1/26/15

Bill is a crook! Shipped me the wrong pit bike and was rude. Will not do anything to make it right. Screw that POS!

chrish132
1/16/15

This is update for previous review this time directed at product. Bought orion 125. Son rode it pretty hard at first. Bike died and was going to push it off a cliff. Tried everything then adjusted the valves. Bought my son a real bike kawasaki 140. Now I ride the 125. Needs constant adjustments. Needs nuts and bolts tightened continuously. On second carb and rear shock. Good thing is parts are cheap and it's a good leaning tool for mechanics

angelae11
12/28/14

Bought an ATV from them last summer and my kids still haven't been able to ride it. As soon as we get one problem fixed it has another. Taken it to two mechanics. Replaced multiple parts. Called motobuys and pleaded with them that I got a lemon and they refused to do anything and were quite rude. Repeatedly leaks gas. It is a piece of junk that cost 800!!! Buyer beware.

brianh97
12/24/14

I personally advise anyone that haven't dealt with Motobuy to stay away from them customer service is very bad I ordered a go cart on 12/5/14 I didn't received 12/23/14 shipping is only 5-7 business days to New Jersey I called sales rep got very nasty with me I could see if it was something small but it costed me $1,900 then they sent wrong color after they told me my first my first choice color was shipped Then I had missing parts no instructions had to look it up online just wanna thanks Motobuy for giving me the worst headache of my life and getting my lil girls go kart 2 days before Christmas with no instructions I'll never order again from yall Brian Harris south jersey

tarike2
12/16/14

This company is horrible. Please do not buy from them. They charged my card for $699 and have yet to ship my go-cart. It has been two weeks. Now they aren't even answering the phone. It is 9 days before Christmas and I am sure that my son will not be getting his wish for Christmas. Please stay away from this company

junem26
11/24/14

I ordered a dirt bike for my granddaugher for Christmas last season. First it arrived in a pick up truck because the initial delivery truck broke down and then I was asked (a 63 year old female) to help lift the bike off the truck even though I paid for lift service which was never refunded! The bike never ran over 5 miles per hour even though it was designed to go 55 miles per hour. We called repeatedly for help and never got any! They said they would ship me a new bike at my expense $150 and I had to ship the old one back...another $150. We tried to have a local repair shop look at it but they couldn't fix it because of Chinese parts. So now I have a $795 dirt bike that has not worked since day one. They don't respond to e-mails, phone messages, nothing........I gave up and ate the cost of the bike. I have one disappointed greandaughter. This was her only Christmas present....not much of one......do not buy online from these people...I learned a lesson, buy local and buy good quality USA built.

patrickm80
10/15/14
jorgem20
10/8/14

I purchased an atv a few months ago and called in for tech support. I had a great experience so I'm returning to purchase two more atvs Today. Thank you. Best Company online to buy ATV's from

paulac17
10/8/14

On 12/2/2013 I ordered a go cart with helmets and accessories from Motobuys.com for our grand kids for Christmas. My husband had just been diagnosed with advanced cancer and I had just had knee replacement surgery which limited us from traveling for this purchase. After making the purchase I received an email advising that I would be receiving a followup email within 5 days to make arrangements for delivery by truck. No emails and after a week I was getting anxious about the arrival in time for Christmas so I phoned # on Motobuys website and was advised due to an ice storm @ their Texas warehouse no one was able to get their to arrange shipment, I was reassured that as soon as it cleared I would be getting my go carts and there was still plenty of time for shipment. Almost daily calls to motobuys with repeated reassurances and they only needed 3 days to get it to me. They quit answering the phone 4 days before Christmas and not responding to voice mails or e-mails. After filing a complaint with one the their purchase satisfaction guarantee companies posted on their website, I was advised that motobuys told them that I had repeatedly been told that they did not have the go cart and it was on back order(first time I had heard that) I would think a reputable company would have offered alternative inventory if this was not in stock. This was really very distressing for not only our grand kids but us and their parents as well. The satisfaction guarantee company was almost as useless as motobuys in that they advised since no money officially changed hands I had no grounds for filing complaint. (This reassurance guarantee was one of the reasons that prompted us to go ahead and purchase through motobuys). Needless to say if ZERO STARS was an option thats what they would get. With Christmas 2014 fast approaching I felt compelled to warn consumers to look elsewhere than motobuys for your Christmas purchases

clintm24
8/23/14

Just received my titan Zuma 150cc. Shipping packaging was great, not a scratch on the bike! Put gas in it and fired right up. Still missing title( paperwork)

Clint Moore.
Lancaster Ohio

seand20
6/29/14

I stand behind motorist I have bought 2 motor bikes from them in the last 4 years and never had a single problem and they are honest on the phone

stevens61
6/16/14

I ordered the BMS Heritage 150cc,
After 8 days is was at my door.
It took me about 1 hour to get it all put together and started.
Once it was started, I let it idle for 20mins,
(Only used High Octane Fuel)
After the 20mins, It was wonderful.

started every time and the operations were fool-proof.

MotoBuys has gained the highest of respect and trust with me.
It was exactly as described online,
Shipping time was Spot-On,
Great company. hands Down

On the other hand,
Their communication was lacking,
never responded to my emails or called me back if i left messages.

Finally i got someone on the phone and it shipped 1 day after i paid for it,
As advertised.
They gave me a tracking number and it was Hurry up and wait time.

The Delivery method was perfect, Brought it right to my garage door.
I give MotoBuys 4 out of 5 stars for this reason.
i Will defiantly buy from them in the future and would recommend this company to all of my friends.

brianw43
2/28/14

I as well purchased a 50cc bike that came broken. They did replace the parts but trying to replace parts that came broken caused additional damage. I little fix turned into new issues. But the crank just busted trying to start the thing and I believe these are not built to last longer than 3 months. Just buy the Honda or real bike and sell it for what you paid is the wiser investment. Wont do that again.

donaldn4
1/29/14

Sorry excuse for a company, ordered a 50cc dirt bike for my grandson. Received the bike but the back wheel was broken, the plastics were damaged, the front brake caliper was casted wrong so the alignment on the front brake disk was wrong (had to shim with washers). The company sent new plastics, no comment from them on the brake caliper, and they sent me a used front wheel instead of a rear one. Will not work due to the wrong taps for the rear brake disk and sprocket. Company will not respond to emails or phone messages. POS customer service!!!

coryb14
1/21/14

This was the worst exp we have ever had in Las Vegas. We have stayed there many times before. we got to the check-in counter at 12:10pm and was told we had to pay $35 more if unless we waited 20 minutes to 12:30pm. We were in a hurry to get to a convention. so we stood there for 20 minutes and wasted our time.

From the time we checked in, the agent was rude and seemed angry because we did not agree to an upgrade. She then gave us the key and told us and she wrote on our key card holder to the habitat elevators. We get in push the button for the 4th floor and it goes right past it a bunch of stops at higher floors. then a bunch stops back to the lobby, never stops at our floor. so we get into the next bank of elevators and the exact same thing happens. it now 20 minutes later, so now having to stand there 20 minutes to check in and now another 20 minutes with the elevator issue. So go out into the casino nobody can tell us what to do, all the way back to the front desk where some one. then calls someone else after another 10 minutes they then tell us the floor is under construction take the elevator that is right there by the check in desk. now 50+ minutes has passed by. Go to the room and the lights dont work by the mirrors . My wife calls down and they say someone will come up right away and fix it. We are now late to our meeting at the convention due to all this and we leave to go there.

so we spend the rest of the day at the convention and go out to dinner with business partners. Get back the Hotel at 12:30am. Go into the room the light has not been fixed. I then want to take a shower and go to bed. NO HOT WATER in the room. I call down to the front desk to get another room. The clerk could have cared less and told me they have no rooms available to move us to. I ask to speak to a manager, I am put on hold over 15 minutes now. While we are waiting I had my wife call the hotel on her cell to see if there are rooms, Speak to an Amber who says no problem we have lots of rooms come on in.

Finally the Manager who did not give me a name says no rooms available, So now both clerks have lied to us. I tell her we just spoke to Amber who said they have plenty of rooms, again put hold on, and another 7 or 8 minutes and someone else comes on, oh we just found you another room on the 14th floor. Come down to the front desk and get the key. So I get dressed and hike back down there and theagent is the same person who I first person I spoke with and she then says we now have a room on the 20th floor. So I get the card key and go back the room on the 4th floor, re-pack up all our stuff and hike down to the casino dragging our bags and back the other bank of elevators. Get to the room on the 20th floor and again unpack. its now about 2:am,

I take off shoes and decide to get some ice, walk out into the hall (I have socks on) and right out side our room the entire hallway is flooded and the carpet is soaked and sopping wet from a leak somewhere.

So I go back into the room, get in the shower, and it does not work, no water pressure at all. now its 2:30am I forget the shower we go to bed. We get up in the morning to find our room also has flooding in it. My wifes suitcase was all wet and some her clothes that were on the floor were drenched from flooding.

We pack up all our stuff again and we leave, I go down to the desk and tell them we are checking out early. The agent asks why we are leaving early, I tell her this complete story, she never calls a manager or supervisor, her answer is I took off your $10 bar tab. Really, that is suppose to be a solution.

Dont know what happened, have stayed there many many times as well as at Ceasars and I have never had such crappy service, lack of caring and downright bad management ever in the 40 years I have be going to Vegas. We moved to another hotel and salvaged the rest of our trip.

We checked in on 3/12/18 and out on 3/13/18 2 days early.

Try to motobuy.com.ua

By Alex D.

I finally for my bill of sale but it was about 4 weeks after I purchased the scooter. The company should work on their communications with their customers.

By Joe M.

Questions? Get answers from the MotoBuys staff and other customers.

2 Photos for MotoBuys