Review of MotoBuys

MotoBuys reviews

Auburn, WA 98092, US

johnv143
4/23/17

They sent me the wrong model with a bent frame and refused to take it back. So I took photos and got a qualified opinion letter to dispute the credit card charge. They called the mechanic who assessed the bike... harassed him, told him he would be charged with fraud, and lied to my credit card company to make sure the charge was not reversed. Despite filling the claim immediately after receiving the bike they keep insisting I am wrong and to blame for the defective frame... its repulsive at this point how low they are... Guaranteed the worst customer service you will ever experience in your entire life. THEIR ENTIRE OPPERATION IS A SCAM!!! As others have noticed and stated, the positive reviews on here are so over the top and ridiculous that they were obviously posted by Motobuys, they literally made me laugh out loud when I read them.

michaelb502
4/13/17

Building Confidence in the Company. I ordered a cool scooter and needed a replacement part. Company got back to me in 48 hours and said they would cover cost for the part. Shipping went well, Scooter is Cool and Arrived on time,Customer Service is Solid and the Payment plan is very attractive...

Bottom line: I am impressed that even though the plastic piece, I needed was not covered under the warranty... The fact that the company said they would cover cost and shipping for the piece gives me great confidence in them...

Despite some bad reviews - that made me cautious, I would say I had a Very Strong Experience.

cesliej
3/30/17

I purchased a Jeep Go-Kart in December 2016. The jeep arrived damaged and has been inoperable since January. After numerous phone calls, messages, messages via Facebook messenger we still don't have our go-kart working and they won't call us back. Since they won't return our phone calls, I tried communicating thru Facebook messenger again today ( 30 MARCH 2017) only to discover they've disabled the messenger option for their Facebook page. Ok, fine! I left messages on their Facebook page and they keep deleting the messages. Well, I don't like being played as a fool and I refuse to do nothing. That's, $2000 we spent, somebody better provide some assistance and some repairs! So, I'm going to blast this company on every social media outlet that I can. We have worked too hard and literally sacrificed our health and bodies for this country as two army combat veterans with 33 years of combined service between my husband and me, for this country (this company claims to be so American and proud Americans). True Americans do not treat people with such disregard. How hard is it for you to honor your freaking word and sell quality products? All we wanted was to enjoy our little Army Jeep go-kart and enjoy the army retired life, but these individuals are really really intensifying my PTSD symptoms with their utter disregard and disrespect. My anxiety level increases exponentially every time I try working with them to resolve the issues with the go-kart. If you all start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT please contact me via Twitter. @msceejay

I would leave a ZERO rating if I could!

bradn15
3/28/17

I bought a Kicker 350w Electric Dirt Bike from this "company" and it didn't come with a instruction manual to assemble the handle bars, front wheel, and back wheel suspension. When I called and talked to Sam in parts he told me it is a new bike and Tao Tao hasn't come out with a manual yet. I can't believe a company would distribute a bike without proper instructions to assemble very important components to a bike that is going to be rode by a child. When I tried to make sense of this he got short with me and told me to send the bike back which of course would cost over $100 to send back. Not only is it dangerous to purchase from this company it is also a very poor customer service experience. They just want your money and then bye bye.

scottr82
12/27/16

On December 12th I purchased two ATV's from this company. Bill is a great salesman, eager to make the sale and take the money. They guaranteed my delivery by 12/16, 12/17 at the latest as we were heading out on a trip and needed the vehicles. They never arrived. One of Bill's colleagues stated "We get around 8 out of every 1000 orders messed up and unfortunately yours was one of them." They promised a full refund. A few days later, email from Bill, no refund. You made a purchase, read our terms and conditions. They never sent any terms and conditions, just a receipt. After several emails back and forth with this incredibly rude man, i decided to just leave it until my American Express statement came in. Fortunately, they have removed the charge.
I would advise that you do not buy form this company unless you are desperate. There are many other online retailers who provide a similar service.
Motobuys also trades as other companies. Just be careful before you part with your money.

markm311
12/7/16

We purchased a "new" 800cc dune buggy from Motobuys. The date of purchase was 10/2016. The date of manufacture on the "new" machine was 6/2008. Nearly 9 years old. The injectors were frozen,the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator as well. The fans were missing in entirety. They have offered us 1000 usd to keep the machine. We have said no. I was called and a$$hole by Bill and told "f$&k you" when I informed him that they needed to pick up the vehicle or pay me storage. American Express is involved, so hopefully we will get our money back. PUT this unethical dishonest company out of business. Zero rating

timothyg37
11/6/16

I ordered my son the Lancer 250 sports bike (Street bike). For his high school graduation 5/29/2016, I received the bike in a timely manner. But on 8/24/2016 we took a day ride just him and me. On the ride I heard his bike making a noise at the back tire, the bolts that hold the sprocket to the hub had vibrated loose and broke the hub. The metal bolt keepers did not do there job, anyway I ordered replacement parts like a week or so later. I got a parts order # and everything after a few weeks I realized that I had not heard from the company so I tried calling them again and again and again. All I got was the automated system. This went on for week's, so I emailed them. And now it is 11/05/2016 and I get a return email from them finally. No parts but an email !!! They need to work on customer services I do believe !!!

kaylai2
10/5/16

ordered my son a jet moto dirt bike it wasn't delivered when it was supposed to be it hadn't even left the warehouse. And when we finally get it my son got to ride it and now we already have to fix it!! Worst company ever

joeh119
8/18/16

I purchased a BMS Ranch Pony 500 in July 16 from motobuys. After reading several reviews, I was skeptical about the product and the service provided by motobuys. After pricing the Polaris Ranger, I decided I would take a chance and see if the reviews I read were true.

I spoke with a gentleman named Bill, who came across as "Gruff" and not too friendly; however after speaking with him via email and telephone several times, I got the feeling that he is just not a joking kind of guy. He always responded promptly to my inquiries and was very knowledgeable about the Ranch Pony. I ordered the machine on a Thursday and was told the following day that it was already scheduled to be placed on car carrier and transported. I RECEIVED THE MACHINE WITHIN 4 BUSINESS DAYS! It was in great shape as promised and was entirely turn-key. Two days later, I received a package with my free battery charger and the next week I received my MCO. I don't understand how these other reviewers say they waited for months for their MCO. All in all, the ordering process and delivery of the goods were exceptional. A+

The Ranch Pony thus far seems to be a great value for the money. It came fully equipped with every option available. I did have to install the roof and windshield myself, but that literally took 10 minutes. The machine has good power, looks great, and seems to be put together well. I guess time will tell if it holds up in the long run, but thus far I am more that pleased.

I would recommend both motobuys and the BMS Ranch Pony to friends and family and will do business with them again in the future.

mistiep1
7/26/16

We just purchased a Trailmaster Challenger 150 and it states that it is 95% put together when you get it, which is a huge lie, no instructions sent with the unit, unit was scratched quite a bit, my husband got it all put together finally days later, charged the battery and put it in the unit it will not even attempt to start. The horn, blinkers, and lights work but it will not start. We have a call into them, but have not heard back yet. Brand new unit and we can't even get the thing to start. So far VERY disappointed. They had better make this right!

drewk11
7/12/16

They sell products that they do not stand behind, and quote the "terms & conditions" as an excuse to ship products that are faulty. Apparently the "terms & conditions" require you to accept items that do not work. The company's response most often that you are responsible for the normal dealer assembly. However, my scooter was delivered in condition that went beyond the assembly described in the purchase agreement. It was delivered in dangerous condition - leaking gasoline. Also, my ignition switch was faulty which destroyed the battery. Assistance from customer service was not timely, which delayed my ability to ride the scooter within the warranty period (I had to wait for a new ignition switch to be delivered from the factory - I assume in China). Now all warranty issues are being denied because "it's past warranty." If you can't ride a scooter because it is inoperable, you will not find the other warranty defects! Be prepared to receive products that do not work and lose your warranty while you try to fix the problems. The company's response when I asked to return the item was, "it doesn't work that way." My response is that we no longer live in a world of "buyer beware", except at Motobuys. I took a chance because I thought the price was right and wondered how unscrupulous a company could be in today's retail environment. The answer is very. Don't throw your money away like I did. Their "F" rating on the Better Business Bureau is justified.

anthonyh77
6/28/16

They had no problem taking our money but when it came to actually delivering our go kart they wanted me to pick it up. After they said they could deliver it to our house, they waited a week, called and told me I had to pick it up or pay extra to have a tow truck meet them somewhere and bring it the rest of the way. Instead of trying to fix the problem I was told to cancel my order and get a refund because they weren't going to try to get it to our house. DON'T EVER USE THIS COMPANY.....$#*!S!!!!!!!!!!

bm73
5/31/16

Purchased a 2 seater 125cc mini dune buggy from them, it arrived on time at the freight terminal and was packaged fairly decent. The problem was with customer service and follow through. You are on your own if you have any problems after the sale. The dashboard was cracked, the remote start was intermittent, and finally quit altogether. I called their "live" help line numerous times with no answer. I preceded to e-mail to explain the issues I was having, and they did respond a week later with a phone number of their service guy. I called him repeated times and left messages, he finally calls me back and I explained the issues, and his response was "what do you want me to do about it"? I said " I'm calling to find out what to do"? He said to " call him back later". I did, and was blocked. Stay away unless you plan on throwing your money into a unusable yard ornament. I'm sure the 5 stars are self reviews from them. Makes for a good read anyway!

donnyp10
5/17/16

I bought my son a new quad from them. It was missing acouple of bolts. Not a big deal went to local hardware store and got them. Then the battery was bad Won't charge. I called them they. Left a message they wouldn't call back. They blocked my number. So I called from a diff phone and they told me so go buy one. And hung up on me. I'll never buy another thing from this place.

scotts178
4/25/16

From what I see here this place has got a lot better. I called customer service to check on the status of my order the guy was polite and honest about where my bike was and when I'd see it. The only reason I'm giving 4 stars and not 5 is because it looks like my bike was out of stock and I wasn't notified. Which I understand stuff happens and the world's not perfect and they probably just forgot. My bike was a good price comparable to other similar sites.

donnal78
4/14/16

I am very displeased with the service from moto buys, they are quick to take your money but no so quick to help you when they sell you a defective go cart...it is impossible to get a live person or get them to call you back when you have an issue

bills168
4/12/16

I had a Saturn Quantum Scooter on Layaway. I n the middle of the layaway i decided to change my order. And take my deposit and put the money on another bike. I was able to do it with no problem.Evevery time I talk to Bill in customer service he is always very helpful. Am planning to buy my next scooter from them

jayt50
1/21/16

Bought go karts brand new it won't start and they sent me the parts and they said they will reimburse me for labors. When I call back they say there company don't do that. Never buy from them. They rip you off

curtise11
1/11/16

I ordered a hoover board for my daughter after Christmas. I received the board after New Years. After receiving the Hoover board 2 days later the board would not power up. I called the company and the person who answer the phone was rude and unfriendly. I told the person
on the phone I have not had the board more than 10 days and it is not working . The person on the phone gave me a customer service number to call. I called left a message and three days later nobody has returned my call. I will never order something from these Jerks again,

connieh31
1/4/16

Worst experience with an online retailer EVER! Purchased a Go Kart on 11/24 for Christmas, only received an order confirmation email. Had to call on the progress multiple times, many times with no answer. Never did anyone ever say the product was on back order, until.... After Christmas when we called to let them know we finally received it (on 12/28) and rejected the shipment due to EXTREME damage. Depending on who you talked to in Sales and how long you had them on the phone would depend on what you were told (should have received by now, back ordered, at the warehouse, warehouse is closed, warehouse is open but not picking up, never had a problem like this before...).

BAD...SHADY...BAD...

natashar18
1/4/16

I ordered a esmart scooter for my son on 12-09-2015. The customer service people hung up in my face the first time I called and refused to answer my calls after that. I later called on a different line and was told it was going to be shipped from Indianapolis. I never received it. Then I was told it never shipped and I would be refunded my money on 12/22/2015. I still haven't received my refund! These people are CROOKS!!!!!

jimt55
12/28/15

I ordered a moped for my son approximately 2 weeks before Christmas. I knew I was cutting it close being in Ohio but bob garanteed he would have it here by then. Some fraud protection problems with my credit card knocked off a few more days but he still made sure it was here on time. Assembly was as easy as he said . 45 minutes later, added gas and it started right up.
Couldn't be more happy with this customer experience.
Would do business again anytime.
Thanks bob and moribund!

danteb29
12/28/15

Worst 1200 I've ever spent so far.

justinn13
12/24/15

Ordered a T-125 go-kart for a Christmas present on December 10th. Before making the purchase I asked the online customer service rep if I ordered it would it arrive before Christmas and was told "yes, if I ordered that day or the next day at the latest." The website states that shipments typically go out within 24-48 hours and shipping time is typically 5-7 business days. I received a prompt confirmation email with the order information and within the email information on requesting tracking info. I waited a week before emailing the sales department for tracking information, NO response. Waited a few more days and again emailed for tracking info. Again, NO response. We've called multiple times over the last few days with no answer and left voicemail. So it's now Christmas Eve and it looks like my son will not be getting his Christmas present. Hopefully we get the go-kart at all.. at this point I'm skeptical. Worthless customer service!!! Can't speak on the product since I haven't received it yet, but crossing my fingers it's not a complete POS.

Tip for consumers: You get what you pay for, including customer service.

briand78
12/22/15

OREDRED A TRAIL MASTER 150 UTV PAID FOR FAST SHIPPING THAT DID NOT HAPPEN, WANTED GREEN IN COLOR WHICH I GOT THAT IS GREEN HALF A**ED PAINTED OVER A YELLOW BODY. WHEN I CALLED BACK WITH MY CONCERNS ON THE BODY THEY TREATED ME LIKE SH*# SAYED THEY DON'T SALE UNITS PAINTED LIKE THAT AND TOLD ME THERE WAS NO FIX FOR IT LIKE SENDING ME ANOTHER BODY OR DISCOUNTING THE PRICE SO I COULD HAVE IT PAINTED TO LOOK DECENT, SIMPLY SAID BOX IT BACK UP WE'LL PICK IT UP AND REFUND YOUR MONEY AND DROP IT OFF AT THE NEXT PLACE THAT ORDERED ONE THEY'LL BE HAPPY WITH IT. SO THE P.O.S. IS SITTING IN MY YARD AWAITING PICK UP.

Try to motobuy.com.ua

By Alex D.

I finally for my bill of sale but it was about 4 weeks after I purchased the scooter. The company should work on their communications with their customers.

By Joe M.

Questions? Get answers from the MotoBuys staff and other customers.

2 Photos for MotoBuys