Review of FamilyGoKarts

FamilyGoKarts reviews

Tel: 1-800-950-2210

alanm336
5/22/19

Great 4 wheeler just No Parts list and assembly instruction's had to guess where every bolt went. Front brakes hard to adjust, cable adjustments were not long enough, had to adjust at drums then us cable adjusters to fine tune. If you don't have any mechanical experience it will be hard to assemble. Bike is a 5 star after done pour assembly instruction.

jerryk124
5/16/19

Sold me a damaged engine and kept my money! Customer service (Kayla) responds by hanging up the phone!

troys121
5/13/19

Got my son one of the apollo electric ATV's. He rode it for 10 minutes then it died. Sent in a request form took them forever to get back with me ended up having to call back and get with them. They ended up sending me a new motor I installed it he rode it for 5 minutes then plugs burnt sent another request in it took another month for them to get back with us. Then they tell us ship it back and the shipping is more than I paid for the entire four wheeler. Call the guy I bought it with at family go karts and he was literally the rudest person I have ever talked to. Just warning everyone it's not worth the headache of dealing with these people

raif1
5/10/19

I have never felt better about a purchase. The Company called me to check in on the order and provided incredible information and support. The Go Kart is amazing and we can't wait to take it out to the desert and see how it fairs.

kevins658
5/8/19

When I first spoke with them super nice and helpful. I ordered A Tforce quad from them got it no issues. Gave it to my son for his birthday got about a ten minute ride out of now it won't start. All in all there costumer services sucks. Won't return phone calls and no help with getting it fixed yet. So please buy from someone else

brucew187
5/8/19

Very bad customer service. In the beginning they will talk nice but when you purchase beware....Did not get my purchase as promise

ginag113
5/2/19

First I received a call that the item I ordered was not available and they asked if I would like a different item. I asked a couple questions and they were supposed to get back with me but instead they just shipped me the other unit. Ok I will go ahead with that but then the unit arrived and it had no instructions and was missing parts. When I called to see if they could be sent they told me I would have to go online and complete a form to request them. You have to print out the form to complete it and then scan and email it to another place. According to the reviews from others chances are you will never receive them. Now let's talk about delivery, the man was so rude and wanted to charge me an additional $70 just to take it off the truck. I paid for shipping with the order and when I called the company they told me that they are not responsible for the delivery truck people. Don't order from this company they are a rip off!

brentw76
4/30/19

I brought a electric atv for my son costing me $450 total, when I receive it to find out it wasnt moving at all so contacted tech support through email only apparently for weeks back and forth. So o finally give em and wanted to send it back for refund. They tell me im responsible for shipping it back so i had to pay $200. Then wait weeks for a refund they tell me i will get back $369 for the item and when i get my refund it was only $283 they said because they charged me for the shipping fee when they shipped it out to me!! This is a total scam!! Do not buy from them i warn you! How they charge me for almost everything when the item they send me that was defective! Hope everyone learns from this. Worst customer service ever as well all they do is hang up the phone when your tryna get your point across.

jamesm1684
3/12/19

Not inpressed with the paint rubbed off the plastic I hope it works better than it looks also it can not get wet I wish I new that before I ordered it.

kennethj82
3/4/19

Excellent machine and packed well to prevent damage. Came with absolutely NO INSTRUCTIONS and NO VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS either for the TAO Gull 200. Tires come deflated with the valves unscrewed. Tried to air them up and they kept going flat, hadn't I taken them to a tire shop I would never have known.

nickc198
2/8/19

I want to warn people from using FamilyGoKarts.com. We have had a frustrating experience with them, as they don't seem to be a reputable business.

A quick summary:

We ordered an electric ATV (Sonora Model) for $470 on December 8th, 2018. This was to be a Christmas present for my children. Originally, it was to be delivered on Dec 20th, but the truck driver supposedly "forgot to put it on the truck", and so it wasn't delivered until Dec 27th. We charged up the battery, and then tested it out. It seemed to work fine for 20 minutes, but it then started lurching and not driving properly.

They had me test the battery, then determined that the controller was bad. They shipped me a new one, but it came in a larger box that necessary, with NO padding, and NO instructions. When I requested instructions, the technician basically said "just replace it". When I continued asking for instructions, he finally sent a 2-year old document that wasn't even for the model I had, and some of the controller's connectors were labeled in Chinese (which of course the document didn't cover.)

I finally decided to return the product, since we weren't getting anywhere, and at that point the owner said I was responsible for return shipping. When I called Saia for a quote, they said it would be $674! To return it to Texas was $383 (where the unit originally shipped from). After complaining, the owner mentioned he had a discount with Saia, for "only" $199, and that due to their generous nature, they would waive the $169 "restocking fee".

So, if you want to take a chance and order from them, and it gets damaged in shipping or stops working immediately, you will be on the hook for at least $199, and maybe another $169 if they don't feel particularly generous that day. So you could be out $368 of your $470 purchase. We are going to file complaints with the BBB and dispute the charge with our credit card company.

jinjerh
2/4/19

Customer service is a joke! Product received broke 2 days after Christmas. Sent an email. Was asked to upload pics. I did. Waited a month for a response. Had no idea I had uploaded pics and asked me to again. I told them I did. Waited and received questions like "why did you take this pic?" Ummm, it's a wheel in my hand that broke off?! Called today, lady answering the phone was one of the rudest individuals I have ever spoken to. Refused to put the person I was requesting to talk to on the phone and then hung up on me. A month and a half, no resolve, broken dune buggy. Was MORE that friendly when I was placing a 3k order....liar and used car salesman. STAY AWAY AND FIND ANOTHER VENDOR!!!!!

derekc99
2/3/19

The quality is much nicer than I expected being a Chinese bike. Ride is nice so far. Never received a shipping email or confirmation but was called by the shipping company day before arrival and received the dirt bike in less than a week from order

bobf188
1/31/19

Ordered and received detailed e mails and phone call on purchase. I was told to inspect the packaging at shipping and unpacking to see if any issues. I appreciated the input from FamilyGoKarts staff to make this purchase go well.

cjj38
1/30/19

they claim to help you every step of the way.. when I needed tech help with building the bike, they told me to email..waited FIVE DAYS and the response I received was Don't forget to change your oil..literally ignoring my questions. They sent the bill of sale in the wrong name, and there's more red tape to bust thru than a government building. Just awful. Never will I purchase a thing from BW or whatever they call their horrible company

keithr141
12/23/18

Company was very communicative, responsive and the products are great. I would highly recommend this company for your outdoor vehicle purchase

emerym15
12/16/18

Very dependable, on top of it business. Would buy again from them in a second. I really liked that they call you in person to confirm the order and provide shipping info.

ericab110
12/11/18

Received the e-atv however I am having a problem with the battery and I am having a difficult time getting a response from the company.

dennisc245
12/11/18

Received package within a week. Contents were in good shape. Engine cranked easily and runs smoothly.

kylef68
12/9/18

Order came on time- metal cage was bashed all over but the vehicle seemed untouched.
I ordered the preassembled unit, so all I had to do was change the oil, charge the battery and air the tires.

Unit wouldn't fire. At all. Called customer service and they referred me to videos on YouTube. Did all the tests, still no fire. Contacted another number in the website that just happened to be the owner.
He seemed annoyed I'd reached him instead of mike (the mechanic) but still offered his assistance via text walking me through the videos again same as customer service and this time he asked me to send him videos to prove I was doing the tests correctly. After each test failed to determine why the unit wasn't firing the owner wrote it off as the brand new unit has a bad carborator and he'd talk to his guy and get back to me.

The next day I text him saying it's atill not firing and I'm getting frustrated that this brand new unit out of the box doesn't work. No reply. I called customer service to see about returning it. Said it won't start. She informed me it will cost me out of pocket shipping and $189 for a restocking fee. I wanted to argue because sending this defective unit back was going to cost me the cost of the actual unit with shipping.

I hung up and called my buddy over for a last attempt to get this China junk going before I lose my investment sending it back. He sprayed some carb cleaner on the air filter and it FIRED, but immediately died.

We determined that the throttle was to blame for no fuel getting to the engine from the carb. So I tightened the throttle cable just a little it it finally fired and stayed on, but I had to keep my finger on the throttle while my buddy adjusted the throttle screw to get it to idle. Success, she runs.

I texted the owner I got it working. He finally reply's "Good to hear"

I really believe he'd written me off as a return and lost interest. Either way, we got it working on our own and of course the dealer gets their money whether it's a good experience for us or not so you can't expect much from them.

My daughter loves the ATV.
Cheap china junk that works and prevented me from spending $2000 for a first time rider.

jonathans300
12/4/18

Placed an order for (2) ATVs for christmas. After (1) week of "processing time" they tried to run my credit card for an amount higher than the online order i placed. After calling a very rude lady answered the phone and stated that my receipt doesnt matter. Only the info in "their" system matters. I have printed invoice with invoice number, date, and original amount authorized. Company is so shady after I stated this to them they emailed me a "new invoice" which has the same date, invoice number and just changed the amount. How much more dishonest can you get? Beware I will be willing to show proof to anybody who is considering doing business with these scam artists.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE THEY WILL CHANGE PRICE AND CHARGE CARD WITHOUT NOTICE

mistyp14
10/25/18

I purchased a 4 wheeler for my son for his birthday. The 4 wheeler arrived with an axel longer on one side than the other. I didn't have a wrench long enough to fix the problem so I called up family go karts. Mike was very helpful and advised I could return the product no problem for a full refund! WRONG. Finally 4 weeks after they picked the defective product back up I was issued a refund for less than half the cost of the 4 wheeler. The lady on the phone told me it was because of a restocking fee and shipping fees (which again I was told were going to be taken care of). I would understand if I simply didn't want the product but you sent me a product defective! I will never order from your company again nor will I refer anyone to you. You are liars and thiefs!

amyg253
8/18/18

Carborator busted. No warranty. They wont help. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I actually purchased it through walmart.com but you cant go through them either to get anything fixed.

katrinaw36
8/17/18

Horrible experience all the way around. I will type more if my 5th phone call to resove many issues are ignored.

andrewl274
8/4/18

PREFACE: I purchased 2 tao tao hellcats from this place.

Long story short YOU WILL receive damaged products YOU WILL get the run around when trying to get replacement parts YOU WILL just end up asking for a full refund for everything because they have THE WORST possible support system. A 3 year could get you better support than these guys. This company is a joke save your time and money SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!

Tip for consumers: Just dont do it

I'm not sure about this company because so far I've only had bad luck trying to receive the product I paid for. For sure their customer service is at best a zero star. If I receive my product I write a review on it but I won't use this company and will tell anyone to stay away.

By Bruce W.
Questions? Get answers from the FamilyGoKarts staff and other customers.

2 Photos for FamilyGoKarts