Review of MadisonSeating

Tel: 888-704-3435
service@madisonseating.com

gint21
3/16/18

Updating review from my previous review- no restocking fees were charged for cancelled items. No issues with ordering.

brandonb130
3/9/18

I ordered an open box Steelcase Leap V2 Chair, and I could not be happier with my purchase. The chair looks like it is brand new. This is the best chair I have ever sat in. If you're looking at chairs, you need to check out the Leap V2. Thank you MadisonSeating for the prompt customer service and high quality chair.

Brandon Chase Bennett

gm111
3/9/18

I ordered 7 chairs and we had a issue with one. The customer service to resolve was great. I would order from them again.

thomasc222
3/8/18

Office chairs are expensive, and Madison specializes in refurbished chairs and a fraction of the cost for a new chair. Solid business model, and I (obviously) knew that I wasn't going to get an original, like-new chair for 85% off of retail, but I took my chances with them. My chair arrived 3 weeks late, but was well packed and looked new mechanically. However, the fabric is noticeably lower quality than the stock OEM weave and the chair padding was not up to OEM par either. I've used this exact chair at my company for years, and I know how it should look and feel.

I left a 3-star product review on their site stating basically what I just posted above--that the chair mechanics looked great, but that the refurbished padding and fabric were both really poor quality compared to OEM, and that the fabric swatches they have on their own site didn't match the poor quality fabric I received on my chair. They edited my 3-star review and removed the information I described regarding the fabric and padding. They also changed my product review to a 5-star review, which is deceptive and unethical in my opinion.

In fairness, after posting an initial 1-star review here, customer service contacted me and assuaged me a bit, hence my reason for bumping to a 3-star review here. It's not worth the time, cost, and hassle of returning, even after she generously offered to waive the restocking fee. It's just not worth the hassle for me. For the price it is not a bad chair per se, and I will probably get the padding replaced and reupholstered with better quality materials at some point, since the chair frame, levers, and hydraulics are actually in pretty solid shape. That said, had I seen this in person first, I probably would not have purchased it, especially since I now know that they censor and edit product reviews on their own site. Would I buy from Madison again? Probably not.

johnd964
3/6/18

The quality and responsiveness of Madison Seating's customer service department has been Excellent! They sincerely strive to make every customer experience a positive one. They stand behind their products and I look forward to making many more purchases from them in the future.

bernadetteh13
3/6/18

Wow, What amazing customer service. We ordered some new office chairs and one arrived damaged. They have bent over backwards to make sure that the chair is replaced and that we are not inconvenienced trying to return the damaged chair.

On top of that, with every email I sent them, they responded the same day with solutions. It is so refreshing to be treated with so much respect and humanity by a company.

Thank you!

robertg363
3/6/18

Third chair in a row...arrived used and BROKEN. Lousy customer service. Refused to change it (they actually told me to try to rebuild one good chair from two broken chairs). BEWARE -- you are buying a used chair! FRAUDS!

markt207
3/2/18

These folks at Madisonseating [a shout out to Annie and Laila] are serious about customer service. How serious? you ask. Well, let me tell you. My office task chair arrived with a balky pneumatic lift. I finally got around to sending them an email late on a Friday afternoon [3:44pm their time]. Twelve minutes later and I have the time stamped emails to prove it I received a reply.

And it was not your automated boilerplate Thank you for being our customer, were sorry for the inconvenience, well get right on this, you should hear from us in two weeks response. This was from an actual human with the FedEx tracking number of the replacement part being sent to me. Yeah, thats right. On a Friday afternoon.

OK, you say, Im not convinced. You are probably one of their best customers so of course you would be treated like royalty. Au contraire.

I am a frugal individual [the less polite might say cheap] who had never made a purchase from Madisonseating before. And by frugal, I mean purchasing a refurbished, decadently-expensive-when-new Humanscale Task chair at a ridiculously low price. Heck, with the price I paid for the chair, the shipping cost [of my replacement part] alone probably eliminated their margin.

This will not be my last purchase from them. If you are smart, you will give them a try as well.

michaell390
2/13/18

I purchased a Herman Miller chair from Madison seating a few years ago. Within 2 years the armrest material (?leather) began to crack and look awful. Madison seating sent me a complimentary replacement pair which I installed myself. 3 years later, new armrests are cracking again! When I called today I was told they won't replace these and that I should go to eBay to get a replacement set. Even though the manufacturer (Herman Miller) warranties the arm rests for 12 years, the reseller (Madison seating) refuses to do so. For me it's all about customer service and this represents poor service.

jennyp65
1/31/18

We ordered 10 Leap Chair V2's by Steelcase and one was damaged during delivery. The customer service at Madison Seating is top-notch; quick to respond and very helpful. They sent us a replacement chair free of charge, without having to re-package the defective chair and return it, in return for writing a review on this website.
We have placed orders with Madison Seating before, and we will continue to order from them for our office furniture needs. They take customer service extremely seriously and have great prices on name brand furniture.

laurab317
1/30/18

We ordered 7 Leap chairs from Madison Seating. Upon delivery we found three were broken. We sent an email with photos to customer service and received a response and satisfactory resolution within the day. We would definitely order from them again based on their excellent customer service.

adamb205
1/27/18

I had an issue with a chair I ordered making a noise and they were very responsive and quick to ship me a replacement. Very pleased with transaction.

dorothyz10
1/12/18

The freedom chair is very comfortable and the customer service is really good, they solve problems very fast and professional.

karstens2
12/23/17

The website was easy to use. Shipping was fast. All email questions were answered the same day. Customer service made sure I was happy with my order!

ar9718
12/23/17

We received a very good deal on our Haworth Improv chairs. When one of the chairs came with a defect, MadisonSeating offered to ship a new one.

mattt59
12/5/17

Madisonseating rocks! I have been a repeat customer with Madisonseating for over 8 years. During these years, my company has been expanding and we were in constant need for office chairs. We have been purchasing the Herman Miller Aeron chairs and Steelcase Leaps for our new office spaces. The chairs are always purchased at well below the market value and arrive in pristine condition. We recently had an incident where an employee was using the chair as a ladder and broke the armrest off one of the Aeron chairs. Madisonseating immediately helped us with the repair under their warranty coverage. They respond quickly and promptly to all our emails and have a friendly and professional staff. I'm currently redoing my home now, and will most definitely be buying my new home furnishings from these fine folks as well. Awesome products! Awesome Service!

davidt304
11/30/17

So they imply they are selling you a new chair. In the fine print that you don't notice till you receive a piece of crap instead of a nice chair, it says they may send you an "open box" chair, which implies it is nearly new and, at worst, refurbished to put it back in new condition. They sent me a chair that (1) looks like it rolled around on a smoky, dusty factory floor for 10 years, banging into things and heavily scarring the wheels, (2) had very dirty cloth on the seat and back, such that I took a swipe across each with a white cloth and it came up black (you would never want to sit in this thing prior to a power wash and perhaps a steam clean), (3) had several gooey stains that made it hard to hold my lunch down, let alone sit in it, (4) had several stripped screw holes and Allen screws such that I couldn't put it together completely without a trip to the hardware store for replacement screws and a tap and dye set, and (5) generally looked like one of the worst piece of crap chairs I've ever seen (versus the beautiful, elegant lines and quality of a new Aeron chair). I called and they said if I sent it back and they would refund my purchase (after first saying that there could be no refund unless it was sent in original packing, which I no longer had), but they would NOT pay the $285 return shipping cost. This meant that I lost $285 on the entire transaction. When I now see their history, I get it. The are frauds, Herman Miller has sued them for exactly that, and they are pond scum. Spread the word: avoid these guys like the plague.

kristenl42
11/7/17

I purchased a chair from Madison seating and am very satisfied with the purchase. There was some confusion on my part about the delivery scheduled, but once we got past that everything went smoothly. I will definitely purchase from them again.

julianl24
10/7/17

purchased herman miller chair from them, shipping is late after 14 days of payment. called to cancel but still shipped. turned out the lumbar support is defective. Then they refuse to return. Sent pics and videos to show defective part, first they say nobody uses lumbar support, then they say no evidence of defects. Extremely rude customer service. Finally sent me a fedex return label without pickup service and warn me have to drop off within 24 hours otherwise pay full price. NEVER BUY FROM THEM

philipb59
9/29/17

For the chair, 5 stars. For not really knowing I was buying used, I deducted 1 star. I am 5 star happy with my chair.

If you didn't now the subtle differences with new style and where to look for MFR date, you'd think this was new. Delivery in about 2 weeks. Aluminum base, everything looks like brand new. No marks on frame, fabric is perfect. No visible wear anywhere on it. The arm rest padsd may not be HM original, but they look great.
Here's the catch: Open Box to Amazon, Newegg, etc. are new/ current products It is not the current model (updated in 2014 I believe) Date code on chair shows it was made in 2007. So know you may be buying refurbished, not current model when it says "open box" Saved me about 35% off what I could buy new model in box., but about $200 more than I could buy used in excellent condition. For me the 200 was worth having a "like new" chair. We had gas lift cylinder problems with our vintage 2007 HM chairs, Hopefully the durability of this chair will match its good looks.

Tip for consumers: Just be sure you know exactly what you are buying to be happy with it

dw750
8/28/17

While I was on hold to speak to a Madison Seating sales rep, a recorded message extolled their "No Hassle, Easy Return Sales Policy" so I felt super confident buying a side table from them.

When the table arrived, it didn't work for the spot we planned to use it, so I called to arrange returning the item and was told that I needed to email, not call, in order to do that. This seemed odd but made more sense after I'd emailed and was immediately sent the company's Terms of Use stating: "A credit for the purchase price of the item will be issued, less the 30% restocking fee, plus the initial shipping cost."

This meant that of the $105.73 I spent, I'd receive a final refund of $19.02, or less than 20% the costs being $66.71 for 30% restocking and initial shipping, minus $20 postage to ship the table back. In other words, it cost me around $90 to return a $105 item using Madison Seating's "No Hassle, Easy Return Sales Policy".

I called to complain today and was told that I'd clicked a Terms of Use Agreement when purchasing the table, and had been sent the additional Terms of Use email after I initiated the return, so legally Madison Seating were covered.

I acknowledge that this was my fault as I should have read the initial Agreement more closely (perhaps I'm complacent after clicking Agree on too many Apple updates) but I also feel it's misleading to have a "No Hassle, Easy Return Sales Policy" when in fact, Madison Seating's return policy is far more stringent than any other furniture stores I've dealt with, and I've dealt with a lot.

The upshot is that, even though this company is not literally deceiving anyone, I'm coming away from the experience feeling deceived.

fongfongc
8/24/17

I ordered a size A Aeron chair by Herman Miller from Madison Seating. The chair delivered was size A for the seating part but size B for the back support. Because the chair design needs perfect match to be assembled into one piece, I called them to inform them about this mismatch. The person asked me to report this by email and I did. Since they do not have size A backing, I returned the chair intended to get full refund. Initially, there was a mistake happened through FedEx ground shipping: A few days after picking up from my front door, FedEx called me to ask for direction of reshipping back to me. I felt a bit uneasy thinking that Madison Seating was refusing the return, especially after reading a recent review at this site. However, after I spoke to Madison Seating and FedEx rep, the chair was successfully returned to the sender. After a couple days of receiving at their warehouse, I received a full refund of $668.99.
I am impressed of the professionalism of the manager at Madison Seating. He is very courteous and quick in reply. I did not give it perfect score is because it should have sent me the right size of chair at the first place to save my anxiety over getting refund. The mistake made at the very beginning can be avoided if they have a good warehouse staff.

miked268
7/21/17

I ordered a chair from Madison Seating and there were some scuff marks on the arm rests. I notified them of the issue and the immediately shipped out replacement arm rests at no additional charge. No hassle, no fuss. This is how customer service should work. Oh, also, the chair I purchased was at a significant discount vs. full retail cost. I would recommend these folks if you need a chair! - Mike from Dallas

peggyl24
6/28/17

The chair arrived and looks brand new, It was packaged well with attention to detail. Easy to assemble even without instructions. Any repair work done wasn't obvious (this was an open-box purchase).

I was concerned with this order as it was the second time I'd tried to purchase a Herman Miller chair online. The other company was on the West Coast (same as me) and since prices were the same, I ordered it out of California. It was a disaster. When it arrived, it was in pieces (mechanism beneath the seat) and the chair wouldn't work. I took pictures and sent it to the company and finally after a couple of weeks I received a return shipping label.

So, when my chair arrived from Madison Seating I was concerned it'd be the same experience. But the chair was in perfect condition. Restoring my faith in on-line shopping.. Thank you, Madison Seating, for being an honorable and honest company. I will happily recommend using this company if you're in the market! Good product selection and great prices for the perfect chair.

It did take two weeks from order to receiving, but coming cross-country, I was expecting it to take that long.

loyald2
6/12/17

I purchased an Aeron chair by Herman Miller. The recommended size was a B/C but Herman Miller recommends that anyone falling in the B/C range order the B size. I am 220lbs, 6'2" and was in the upper limit of the B/C range. The B size was way too small, The lumbar support needed to be set so high on the supporting rails that it popped off and the seat was almost 6 inches from the back of my knees. Use the sizing chart with caution or, better yet, call Madison Seating and speak with a sales rep before you buy. If you have to return the chair the shipping cost, which are on you, can be very high, the shipping from California was about $165. Madison Seating was good enough to waive the restock fee of $50. It was an expensive lesson, but the chair was delivered within the stated timeframe, there is a 30 day money back guarantee and Madison Seating was responsive.

Response from madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
Thanks for the feedback!! We are happy you are satisfied with our services. The Herman Miller size chart is pretty general. Based on our 10+ years of experience selling the Herman Miller Aeron chair, we would definitely recommend the Size C for anyone over 215lbs. Feel free to always contact a Madisonseating.com sales agent to assist you on your chair selection. Our sale agents are extremely knowledgeable and will be happy to help you determine the best brand name ergonomic office chair for your specific needs!

Hi Joyce. Feel free to reach out to our customer care department by emailing customerservice@madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Alice. Thank you for your inquiry! Our records indicate that you placed an order with our company on 5/19/15. At that time, you were told the delivery time frame would be around 10-14 business days. Your chair is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow which is right within the time frame we estimated. The chair you purchased was part of our clearance sale section and the prices are reduced considerably so that yourr savings will be several hundred dollars. Due to the tremendous response on our clearance sale items, the delivery time gets estimated at 10-14 business days. Our customer's are willing to wait the extra few days on the shipping since our prices and services cannot be beat. Your purchase includes a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and 10 year warranty with Madisonseating.com. Feel free to contact our customer service department directly for more information relating specifically to your order. Enjoy your new chair!

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Joyce, Our company name is Madisonseating.com.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Patricia. We understand there was an error in the color chair you received. We offered to pick up the chair at our expense and issue a full refund as we are now sold out of the blue Aeron chair. We did not intentionally ship you an incorrect color chair. Mistakes happen. This was an honest mistake done by a packer, probably due to the holiday rush. The color black and blue are hard to discern on a mesh chair. Please return the chair at this point as your reaction to the error has been a tad excessive.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Lonnie. We do not simply cancel orders without there being a good reason. Your placed (2) separate orders with us and it appears you are confused by your purchases. The first order was processed successfully with the payment you provided and shipped in a timely manner. You were emailed a confirmation of this order along with an order number assigned for that transaction. On the second order you attempted to place you provided a new email address and an invalid credit card number. The order was flagged as a potentially fraudulent transaction and subsequently canceled. Again, an email confirmation with a DIFFERENT order number was emailed to you along with a notification indicating there was an issue with the payment provided. It appears you may have gotten confused by your own purchases. We are always available if you need further clarification on these 2 separate purchases.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

As an online company we are vigilant about fraud. You provided an invalid credit card number that was being declined by our processor. Your order has a high fraud rating and was flagged. If a customer is indeed legitimate and not looking to commit online fraud, they would have rectified the situation with the credit card and simply placed a new order online.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

The warranty we offer covers any mechanical issues that may arise during normal use of the product

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Thank you for your interest in Madison Seating, currently the largest retailer in North America for brand name office chairs at the lowest prices possible! The "Open Box Specials" featured on our website are a great way to save money on the best selling chairs on the market today. These brand name chairs are being sold for more than half off their retail value and will include free shipping!! "Open Box" simply means, the item is out of the original packaging. The chair was either, returned, refurbished, on display or has been in inventory for awhile and since been placed on a clearance. The merchandise is in perfect working condition. In addition, you will be provided with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 10-year Madison Seating warranty. We are so confident that our prices are currently the lowest on the internet we are willing to not only match but beat anyone selling these item(s) at a lower cost. Best regards, Allie Madison Seating 888-704-3435

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Fong, Our records indicate that you were sent an email apologizing for the error in sending you a the Size B chair and not the Size A chair as requested. We offered you a generous compensation to keep the incorrect size chair or the option of picking up the chair for full refund or exchange. In fact, a fedex pre-paid label was already sent to you. Please contact our customer service department if you did not receive this information. The Team at Madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MadisonSeating staff and other customers.

MadisonSeating?