Review of MadisonSeating

Tel: 888-704-3435
service@madisonseating.com

carolej15
4/7/18

I purchased a stool from these folks and received the wrong seat .
they did come through and made me their customer happy.

sr613
4/3/18

The responsiveness of Madison Seating's customer service department has been great in correcting an issue with my order. They stand behind their products and service and replied to my emails before I even had a chance to check my email again. Getting a good refurbished chair at a fraction of the original price is a great deal.

tatianam16
3/27/18

We've been purchasing our office chairs exclusively from Madison Seating for the last couple of years. We have only great things to say about their service and products. On 2 occasions we needed to have chairs replaced due to transit damage and on both occasions, the company responded immediately and proposed a resolution that worked great for us. We highly recommend them!

jenniferb392
3/21/18

We ordered 16 office chairs for a considerable discount and two were broken. They offered to replace them and were very accommodating.

mikea213
3/19/18

Ordered 3 chairs. 2 were damaged in shipping. I was able to instantly able to talk to a human in customer service. They sent out replacements right away. Very happy with the price and the service

albertc65
3/19/18

I purchased an Aeron chair from Madison Seating. When the chair arrived, it had a pronounced wobble due to a poor base bushing. When I contacted Madison, they told me that this was normal and directed me to a YouTube site showing the wobble in which customers complained and sought fixes. I contacted Herman Miller (chair manufacturer) to understand issue and whether a fix exists. They stated that this was absolutely not normal tracked the "new" chair that I had just bought was actually made in October of 2000.

Madison Seating will take the chair back but I pay shipping and a $50 restocking fee. This is outrageous.

andrews336
3/16/18

I ordered one chair from them. It was damaged in shipping, unfortunately. They were quick to respond to my email though, and they solved the issue beyond my expectations! I recommend them for the customer service alone, but the prices were also pretty dang good.

gint21
3/16/18

Updating review from my previous review- no restocking fees were charged for cancelled items. No issues with ordering.

brandonb130
3/9/18

I ordered an open box Steelcase Leap V2 Chair, and I could not be happier with my purchase. The chair looks like it is brand new. This is the best chair I have ever sat in. If you're looking at chairs, you need to check out the Leap V2. Thank you MadisonSeating for the prompt customer service and high quality chair.

Brandon Chase Bennett

gm111
3/9/18

I ordered 7 chairs and we had a issue with one. The customer service to resolve was great. I would order from them again.

thomasc222
3/8/18

Office chairs are expensive, and Madison specializes in refurbished chairs and a fraction of the cost for a new chair. Solid business model, and I (obviously) knew that I wasn't going to get an original, like-new chair for 85% off of retail, but I took my chances with them. My chair arrived 3 weeks late, but was well packed and looked new mechanically. However, the fabric is noticeably lower quality than the stock OEM weave and the chair padding was not up to OEM par either. I've used this exact chair at my company for years, and I know how it should look and feel.

I left a 3-star product review on their site stating basically what I just posted above--that the chair mechanics looked great, but that the refurbished padding and fabric were both really poor quality compared to OEM, and that the fabric swatches they have on their own site didn't match the poor quality fabric I received on my chair. They edited my 3-star review and removed the information I described regarding the fabric and padding. They also changed my product review to a 5-star review, which is deceptive and unethical in my opinion.

In fairness, after posting an initial 1-star review here, customer service contacted me and assuaged me a bit, hence my reason for bumping to a 3-star review here. It's not worth the time, cost, and hassle of returning, even after she generously offered to waive the restocking fee. It's just not worth the hassle for me. For the price it is not a bad chair per se, and I will probably get the padding replaced and reupholstered with better quality materials at some point, since the chair frame, levers, and hydraulics are actually in pretty solid shape. That said, had I seen this in person first, I probably would not have purchased it, especially since I now know that they censor and edit product reviews on their own site. Would I buy from Madison again? Probably not.

johnd964
3/6/18

The quality and responsiveness of Madison Seating's customer service department has been Excellent! They sincerely strive to make every customer experience a positive one. They stand behind their products and I look forward to making many more purchases from them in the future.

bernadetteh13
3/6/18

Wow, What amazing customer service. We ordered some new office chairs and one arrived damaged. They have bent over backwards to make sure that the chair is replaced and that we are not inconvenienced trying to return the damaged chair.

On top of that, with every email I sent them, they responded the same day with solutions. It is so refreshing to be treated with so much respect and humanity by a company.

Thank you!

robertg363
3/6/18

Third chair in a row...arrived used and BROKEN. Lousy customer service. Refused to change it (they actually told me to try to rebuild one good chair from two broken chairs). BEWARE -- you are buying a used chair! FRAUDS!

markt207
3/2/18

These folks at Madisonseating [a shout out to Annie and Laila] are serious about customer service. How serious? you ask. Well, let me tell you. My office task chair arrived with a balky pneumatic lift. I finally got around to sending them an email late on a Friday afternoon [3:44pm their time]. Twelve minutes later and I have the time stamped emails to prove it I received a reply.

And it was not your automated boilerplate Thank you for being our customer, were sorry for the inconvenience, well get right on this, you should hear from us in two weeks response. This was from an actual human with the FedEx tracking number of the replacement part being sent to me. Yeah, thats right. On a Friday afternoon.

OK, you say, Im not convinced. You are probably one of their best customers so of course you would be treated like royalty. Au contraire.

I am a frugal individual [the less polite might say cheap] who had never made a purchase from Madisonseating before. And by frugal, I mean purchasing a refurbished, decadently-expensive-when-new Humanscale Task chair at a ridiculously low price. Heck, with the price I paid for the chair, the shipping cost [of my replacement part] alone probably eliminated their margin.

This will not be my last purchase from them. If you are smart, you will give them a try as well.

michaell390
2/13/18

I purchased a Herman Miller chair from Madison seating a few years ago. Within 2 years the armrest material (?leather) began to crack and look awful. Madison seating sent me a complimentary replacement pair which I installed myself. 3 years later, new armrests are cracking again! When I called today I was told they won't replace these and that I should go to eBay to get a replacement set. Even though the manufacturer (Herman Miller) warranties the arm rests for 12 years, the reseller (Madison seating) refuses to do so. For me it's all about customer service and this represents poor service.

jennyp65
1/31/18

We ordered 10 Leap Chair V2's by Steelcase and one was damaged during delivery. The customer service at Madison Seating is top-notch; quick to respond and very helpful. They sent us a replacement chair free of charge, without having to re-package the defective chair and return it, in return for writing a review on this website.
We have placed orders with Madison Seating before, and we will continue to order from them for our office furniture needs. They take customer service extremely seriously and have great prices on name brand furniture.

laurab317
1/30/18

We ordered 7 Leap chairs from Madison Seating. Upon delivery we found three were broken. We sent an email with photos to customer service and received a response and satisfactory resolution within the day. We would definitely order from them again based on their excellent customer service.

adamb205
1/27/18

I had an issue with a chair I ordered making a noise and they were very responsive and quick to ship me a replacement. Very pleased with transaction.

dorothyz10
1/12/18

The freedom chair is very comfortable and the customer service is really good, they solve problems very fast and professional.

karstens2
12/23/17

The website was easy to use. Shipping was fast. All email questions were answered the same day. Customer service made sure I was happy with my order!

ar9718
12/23/17

We received a very good deal on our Haworth Improv chairs. When one of the chairs came with a defect, MadisonSeating offered to ship a new one.

mattt59
12/5/17

Madisonseating rocks! I have been a repeat customer with Madisonseating for over 8 years. During these years, my company has been expanding and we were in constant need for office chairs. We have been purchasing the Herman Miller Aeron chairs and Steelcase Leaps for our new office spaces. The chairs are always purchased at well below the market value and arrive in pristine condition. We recently had an incident where an employee was using the chair as a ladder and broke the armrest off one of the Aeron chairs. Madisonseating immediately helped us with the repair under their warranty coverage. They respond quickly and promptly to all our emails and have a friendly and professional staff. I'm currently redoing my home now, and will most definitely be buying my new home furnishings from these fine folks as well. Awesome products! Awesome Service!

davidt304
11/30/17

So they imply they are selling you a new chair. In the fine print that you don't notice till you receive a piece of crap instead of a nice chair, it says they may send you an "open box" chair, which implies it is nearly new and, at worst, refurbished to put it back in new condition. They sent me a chair that (1) looks like it rolled around on a smoky, dusty factory floor for 10 years, banging into things and heavily scarring the wheels, (2) had very dirty cloth on the seat and back, such that I took a swipe across each with a white cloth and it came up black (you would never want to sit in this thing prior to a power wash and perhaps a steam clean), (3) had several gooey stains that made it hard to hold my lunch down, let alone sit in it, (4) had several stripped screw holes and Allen screws such that I couldn't put it together completely without a trip to the hardware store for replacement screws and a tap and dye set, and (5) generally looked like one of the worst piece of crap chairs I've ever seen (versus the beautiful, elegant lines and quality of a new Aeron chair). I called and they said if I sent it back and they would refund my purchase (after first saying that there could be no refund unless it was sent in original packing, which I no longer had), but they would NOT pay the $285 return shipping cost. This meant that I lost $285 on the entire transaction. When I now see their history, I get it. The are frauds, Herman Miller has sued them for exactly that, and they are pond scum. Spread the word: avoid these guys like the plague.

kristenl42
11/7/17

I purchased a chair from Madison seating and am very satisfied with the purchase. There was some confusion on my part about the delivery scheduled, but once we got past that everything went smoothly. I will definitely purchase from them again.

Hi Joyce. Feel free to reach out to our customer care department by emailing customerservice@madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Alice. Thank you for your inquiry! Our records indicate that you placed an order with our company on 5/19/15. At that time, you were told the delivery time frame would be around 10-14 business days. Your chair is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow which is right within the time frame we estimated. The chair you purchased was part of our clearance sale section and the prices are reduced considerably so that yourr savings will be several hundred dollars. Due to the tremendous response on our clearance sale items, the delivery time gets estimated at 10-14 business days. Our customer's are willing to wait the extra few days on the shipping since our prices and services cannot be beat. Your purchase includes a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and 10 year warranty with Madisonseating.com. Feel free to contact our customer service department directly for more information relating specifically to your order. Enjoy your new chair!

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Thank you for your interest in our products and services. The Herman Miller Aeron chair is part of our open box close out sale. That is why the price is heavily discounted from the retail value of $1000 + to the sale price of $400+. The "Open Box Specials" featured on our website are a great way to save money on the best selling chairs on the market today. These brand name chairs are being sold for more than half off their retail value and will include free shipping!! "Open Box" simply means, the item is out of the original packaging. The chair was either, returned, refurbished, on display or has been in inventory for awhile and since been placed on a clearance. The merchandise is in perfect working condition. In addition, you will be provided with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 10-year Madison Seating warranty. Madisonseating has been in business for over 14 years selling the Aeron chair. We have a 99.9% positive rating on eBay and Amazon, where we offer our open box specials as well. We are so confident that our prices are currently the lowest on the internet we are willing to not only match but beat anyone selling these item(s) at a lower cost. We look forward to fulfilling all your office chair needs. Best regards, Allie Madison Seating 888-704-3435

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Joyce, Our company name is Madisonseating.com.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Patricia. We understand there was an error in the color chair you received. We offered to pick up the chair at our expense and issue a full refund as we are now sold out of the blue Aeron chair. We did not intentionally ship you an incorrect color chair. Mistakes happen. This was an honest mistake done by a packer, probably due to the holiday rush. The color black and blue are hard to discern on a mesh chair. Please return the chair at this point as your reaction to the error has been a tad excessive.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Lonnie. We do not simply cancel orders without there being a good reason. Your placed (2) separate orders with us and it appears you are confused by your purchases. The first order was processed successfully with the payment you provided and shipped in a timely manner. You were emailed a confirmation of this order along with an order number assigned for that transaction. On the second order you attempted to place you provided a new email address and an invalid credit card number. The order was flagged as a potentially fraudulent transaction and subsequently canceled. Again, an email confirmation with a DIFFERENT order number was emailed to you along with a notification indicating there was an issue with the payment provided. It appears you may have gotten confused by your own purchases. We are always available if you need further clarification on these 2 separate purchases.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

As an online company we are vigilant about fraud. You provided an invalid credit card number that was being declined by our processor. Your order has a high fraud rating and was flagged. If a customer is indeed legitimate and not looking to commit online fraud, they would have rectified the situation with the credit card and simply placed a new order online.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

The warranty we offer covers any mechanical issues that may arise during normal use of the product

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Thank you for your interest in Madison Seating, currently the largest retailer in North America for brand name office chairs at the lowest prices possible! The "Open Box Specials" featured on our website are a great way to save money on the best selling chairs on the market today. These brand name chairs are being sold for more than half off their retail value and will include free shipping!! "Open Box" simply means, the item is out of the original packaging. The chair was either, returned, refurbished, on display or has been in inventory for awhile and since been placed on a clearance. The merchandise is in perfect working condition. In addition, you will be provided with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 10-year Madison Seating warranty. We are so confident that our prices are currently the lowest on the internet we are willing to not only match but beat anyone selling these item(s) at a lower cost. Best regards, Allie Madison Seating 888-704-3435

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MadisonSeating staff and other customers.

MadisonSeating?