Review of MadisonSeating

Tel: 888-704-3435
service@madisonseating.com

gr4699
1/26/16

Sent what looked like a refurbished chair, with no notice of that on the site when I ordered. Pieces were scratched, and generally looked to be in "used" condition. The cost to send it back is so prohibitive, its not worth it (assuming thats what they bank on). Beyond this, I received a bill for advancement fees and duty from fedex (this is fine, I accept this, and paid it in full) but then two months later, I received another unauthorized charge from madison seating for over 60$. They said that FedEx told them to charge me that fee for additional customs entrance.

Talked to customer service a few times over the phone and email, and they did nothing for me.

Response from madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
This customer received his shipment months ago and reported no complaints on the quality of the chair. He recently got billed for duty charges from Fedex as his shipment crossed the U.S Canadian border. All our Canadian customers are aware they would be responsible for duty and custom charges. G.R. insisted we pay his taxes or he would write this review. We feel it would be ethically and morally wrong to give in to his demands in attempt to have us pay his import tax. The customer received a great price on a brand name chair that arrived in excellent condition.
miket113
1/17/16

Very disappointed. Ordered from another country, when the chair came, I find that this is not a new chair leap and refurbished. Painting of the back is made not qualitatively, also cheaper fabric is not pleasant to the touch. At that nowhere on the website do not specify that the chair is not new.

daves157
1/12/16

They sell 10 year old rusty products as new,

Response from madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
This customer purchased a chair from Madisonseating.com back in July 2015. The chair arrived in perfect brand new condition. The customer was informed that his purchase included a 10 warranty with Madisonseating.com only (the serial number is removed as it activates the manufacturers warranty which is not included with the purchase). The chair is 100% authentic and can be validated as such at any local dealership. The customer was extremely satisfied with the condition of the chair back when the purchase was made. The customer was also happy that he paid several hundred dollars less than the retail value for his particular chair. We are happy to service all warranty related issues he may have for the next 10 years.
stevenw72
1/11/16

I previously had posted about not receiving a refund for a returned chair. I posted a very negative review. I then received an email from Madison Seating saying they mailed the check about 45 days earlier to my address except there was no suite number. I will have to take their word for it. They are sending me a check to my complete address, suite number included. So I had the following issues:
1. Chair advertised was black. Once added to cart it was sahire. I did not re-check the color in the cart hence the return.
2. Return received by Madison Seating was never processed to refund me.
3. I called and emailed many times and could speak with nobody who could resolve my issue.
4. They said they mailed me a check 45 days earlier but nobody told me this.

The mitigating circumstances to all this is the amount of time that had passed. Approximately a year and a half had past before I discovered I had not been reimbursed on my Mastercard. I had furnished an office and did not discover the missing reimbursement until I was doing my taxes. Per their office they cannot research back that long over the phone. In all fairness, assuming I receive my replacement check, I cannot say they did not make things right. I can say I did not speak with anybody to help me until after I posted my previous really bad review.

cg57
12/16/15

I ordered a Steelcase Criterion char from Madison Seating and learned some hard lessons when attempting to get replacement parts (wheels).

Per the policy page, http://www.madisonseating.com/terms-of-use.html, "Open Box" simply means that the item has been removed from its original packaging. The chair was returned, refurbished, reconditioned, or the price has been reduced due to an overstock of open box inventory.

But, what they do not tell you is that the serial/model number tag will also be removed from the char. Per email interchange "again, the serial number must be removed as the chairs are not covered by the Steelcase warranty". Without this information it is very difficult to get replacement parts. It is also very difficult to determine what chair was actually purchased. Although a current Criterion chair sells for ~800 and Madison Seating sells their open box version for ~150, Steelcase (based on photo) estimate that my chair was made in the 2000s based on pin configuration in the base.

Bottom line, I would not use Madison Seating again for any 'open box' item or any other chair that is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Response from madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
Madisonseating.com offers a 10 year warranty with any open box purchase. The warranty will cover all parts of the chair, (same as the manufacturer). As C.G. points out, the Criterion chair retails for close to $800 and is being sold on our website for $150. We guarantee the chair will be in brand new condition with our 30 day money back guarantee!!
adamg55
12/15/15

I had originally posted on here back in January.

I had posted that I liked my two chairs and that I thought the price was great, but that when I had done my research I was worried after some of the reviews I had found.
It took two weeks for my chairs to show up, The chairs squeaked a bit, but I explained that for the price I was totally OK with that, everything else was "like-new". Overall I thought that it was a good experience and I was glad that I had made the purchase.
Two weeks later the chairs got a discount for 25$ cheaper than I had paid, and I had sent an email about getting a price match, I recieved a reply that that it would be a possibility and that they would check and let me know.
My next reply was that I could not get a price match due to my negative review, I did not see my review as negative, I thought it was honest and primarily positive.

that was when Madison Seating got wind of my review and started calling me, my review was "not worded to their liking and I had to change it", or send the chairs back so they could "correct any problems". It took two weeks from ordering to get my chair, I was not going to send it back and be without my chairs because of a squeak.

After I refused to send the chairs back, I got called again, then again, then by the sales woman's manager.
He said that my review was causing issues and being brought up in their weekly meeting, asked if he could make it right and I could take my review down.

I agreed to remove my review, if they would just agree to my original price match request, that I had no problems with the purchase and that I thought the review was honest and positive, he agreed, I took my reviews down.
That was a few months ago, and as soon as I took my reviews down, I never heard another word.

I never did believe the 5 star ratings on any of the sites, it was all 5 star ratings, or 1/2 star ratings with almost nothing in between. Realize that that is because they harass the people who leave low ratings until they get what they want. I just wonder how many people they got what they wanted from and then did not hold up their end of the bargain.

Response from madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
This particular customer contacted our customer service department and stated he wrote a positive review about our company in the hopes of receiving Cyber Monday pricing on a recent order he received. We explained that Cyber Monday was a one day sale and we were unable to offer that pricing on orders placed after that day. The customer then threatened to revise his review about our company to negative if the credit was not received, as indicated above. When we read the review that stated the merchandise arrived in less than perfect condition we offered to pick up the chairs at our expense for either a full refund or exchange as is our policy. However, the customer refused our offer for a free pick up as we suspect he was satisfied with the chair and its condition, but was only looking to receive credits not warranted. We do feel it's our obligation to notify other online resellers regarding this customer's unethical behavior and oare grateful that this forum allows us to address reviews that customer's post, whether bad or good.
bryanh69
12/9/15

I am very happy with my chair purchase from Madison Seating. I called them to go over the details of the chair I wanted to purchase and the staff was very well informed and I ended up placing my order over the phone. Initial shipping time to actual delivery was a little long (nearly 15 full business days). The chair was in good condition, but I nboticed right away that something didn't feel right. There was a very noticeable popping noise as my weight shifted; hardly indicative of the high-quality chair I was expecting. A quick note to Madison's Customer Service and a return shipping label was provided. As soon as it was picked up, a replacement chair was on its way. The replacement arrived in just 4 business days and it is perfect. No more noises or creaks. I'm so happy with my chair and their service. I will definitely be back!

georgea62
12/4/15

I am very disappointed with Madison Seating. It all started with receiving a chair with no instructions on how to assemble, I had to go online and after searching without success, I emailed customer service and waited for them to reply with a link to YouTube for assembly, which I could not believe for such an expensive chair.

They also sent a part that did not belong to the chair, so I spent I good amount of time figuring out where to put the part, after emailing them they just said it was an error.

After assembling the chair, a week or two later I noticed the chair was small and I thought I was not very happy with the chair, so I went online and found a YouTube video discussing how to verify the size of the Aeron chair, which confirmed they shipped the wrong size. I am 6'4, so a small chair would not work. After I emailed them, they did not apologize, they emailed me a shipping label to return it. Which means you have to take the chair down and find a huge box or hopefully you kept the huge box just in case you need to return it. You also need to miss a day of work to stay home during the week waiting for FedEx all day to pickup the huge box.

After returning the chair, they said they would immediately send a new chair, they did not, they waited for the chair to arrive and waited about a week to send the new chair, its been a month and a half chair drama. Buy your chair locally, you might find the deal attractive, but they can care less about their customers.

amandah60
11/12/15

We absolutely love our Mirra chair purchased from Madison Seating. They have excellent customer service and fast shipping. A+

leahc15
11/11/15

I placed a order with Madison seating. Joesph was just a doll!! He guided me through every little step of getting my order in. It was for only 1 chair but he spent plenty of time helping me out. I was shocked how helpful and knowledgeable he was. i would never go anywhere again for all my seating needs.

joshuak30
11/10/15

I'm reversing an original review. There was some slight miscommunication (I believe both of us were to blame) around a return, but in the end, Madison Seating really stepped up.

I previously purchased an Aeron chair from them and that was a great experience too.

Highly recommended.

stacief
10/30/15

After 14 days I called to find out the status of my order - "Will be shipping in a few days, you'll get an email confirming it shortly."

2 days later, I get an email that the chair I ordered was no longer available, my order was being canceled. Alternatively, I could choose to pay over 40% more for a different color.

When I called to complain, "We understand, but there's nothing we can do - we won't sub the traditional color for the color you ordered. We're sorry we acted this way."

What horrible customer service - lies and refusal to correct problems.

Response from madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
The customer ordered a chair that was part of our clearance sale. The Mirra chair was being offered for $349.99 (free shipping) in the blue fog and terracotta colors only. Upon inspection, we noticed that the few remaining blue fog chairs in stock had defects and rendered the chair unfit for shipment. We apologized profusely to the customer and offered the Terracotta color instead, full refund or the opportunity to wait for the future restock of the blue fog. The customer opted to receive a full refund which was issued.
jeffreyj15
7/14/15

I have been a fan of Madison Seating since I first found them online. I have been able to outfit my business office furniture with them at a great value and in a timely manor. I am looking forward to the next time I have to redecorate so I can use them again.

karync2
1/26/15

The chair was exactly as described, and was shipped quickly.
Overall, a great experience! :)

loris127
1/15/15

Great chairs and they arrived much sooner than we expected. They were very easy to put together; just three simple steps.

avantim
1/14/15

The seats are very comfortable

elinore1
1/13/15

Super comfortable chair at really great price. Very easy to assemble.

jimw59
1/12/15

Everything was as expected. Excellent quality

davidr128
1/12/15

Outstanding service. The chairs we have purchased through Madison Seating have been exactly what we've expected, and we're very happy to have found such a great source for our Steelcase products.

BTW...we have had to return one chair, and the Madison Seating team was awesome. The financials were cleared up fast, and the replacement was sent in very good time. Nice work to the Madison Seating Customer Service group!

janet413
1/12/15

I have ordered several office chairs from Madison Seating at incredible savings. The chairs were ordered for employees with back problems and they have been very effective at relieving the problems. I will be ordering again.

shariw4
1/12/15

The chairs were as described. The descriptions were a little confusing so I had to call customer service for some clarification. The CSR was helpful and assisted me in completing my order.

johna351
1/12/15

Chair matched the description perfect. Shipping was prompt and chair was very easy to assemble. We will be ordering more chairs from Madison as our needs increase. Thanks for a great experience!

richardp64
1/7/15

I had a lot of hesitation placing my order with Madison. I had read many good as well as many poor reviews. I wanted a Knoll Life chair. This was listed as "open box." I discussed this by phone with a sales rep. They suggested this would be a display chair with mild wear. A 10-14 day expected delivery was anticipated. The chair was ordered just before Christmas, an admittedly busy time, and arrived in 15 days. It was packed extremely well, with tons of bubble wrap and in a sturdy box. The chair was in excellent condition with just tiny scuff marks on the legs of the base. The rest of the chair was like new. The only problem was with one of the arms that would not hold its position and was of a slightly different style than the other arm. I called on a Saturday when only sales people were available, and left pictures on an e-mail. On Monday a service person called and was apologetic. They shipped out two new arms and did not request the old ones back. They arrived within 3-4 days. So, overall the experience was quite acceptable and the service department was pleasant and responsive.

johnh279
12/29/14

I am updating this review: A supervisor from Madison seating contacted me and went through my issues with me. They sent me a new chair with the options I expected in my original order free of charge and made arrangements for me to return the original chair free of charge. They went above and beyond to resolve the issue and I appreciate this effort. I still feel the first line customer service was lacking in their desire to help with my issue or consider my position but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Still up in the air if I will shop with them again.

This company was initially hard to deal with. I didn't feel I got what I ordered and dealing with them to try and resolve the issue was difficult. I tried to work with them to get the correct option and was even willing to pay more for it but they were inflexible and unhelpful. They did contact me later and we worked it out.

Tip for consumers: See full review

franklyng
12/23/14

My Aeron chair was exactly as described and arrived promptly. Very easy to assemble and adjust. Only have an issue with the hydraulic lift, a few rare times it doesn't stay where adjusted but easily resets when used.

Hi Joyce. Feel free to reach out to our customer care department by emailing customerservice@madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Alice. Thank you for your inquiry! Our records indicate that you placed an order with our company on 5/19/15. At that time, you were told the delivery time frame would be around 10-14 business days. Your chair is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow which is right within the time frame we estimated. The chair you purchased was part of our clearance sale section and the prices are reduced considerably so that yourr savings will be several hundred dollars. Due to the tremendous response on our clearance sale items, the delivery time gets estimated at 10-14 business days. Our customer's are willing to wait the extra few days on the shipping since our prices and services cannot be beat. Your purchase includes a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and 10 year warranty with Madisonseating.com. Feel free to contact our customer service department directly for more information relating specifically to your order. Enjoy your new chair!

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Joyce, Our company name is Madisonseating.com.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Patricia. We understand there was an error in the color chair you received. We offered to pick up the chair at our expense and issue a full refund as we are now sold out of the blue Aeron chair. We did not intentionally ship you an incorrect color chair. Mistakes happen. This was an honest mistake done by a packer, probably due to the holiday rush. The color black and blue are hard to discern on a mesh chair. Please return the chair at this point as your reaction to the error has been a tad excessive.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Lonnie. We do not simply cancel orders without there being a good reason. Your placed (2) separate orders with us and it appears you are confused by your purchases. The first order was processed successfully with the payment you provided and shipped in a timely manner. You were emailed a confirmation of this order along with an order number assigned for that transaction. On the second order you attempted to place you provided a new email address and an invalid credit card number. The order was flagged as a potentially fraudulent transaction and subsequently canceled. Again, an email confirmation with a DIFFERENT order number was emailed to you along with a notification indicating there was an issue with the payment provided. It appears you may have gotten confused by your own purchases. We are always available if you need further clarification on these 2 separate purchases.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

As an online company we are vigilant about fraud. You provided an invalid credit card number that was being declined by our processor. Your order has a high fraud rating and was flagged. If a customer is indeed legitimate and not looking to commit online fraud, they would have rectified the situation with the credit card and simply placed a new order online.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

The warranty we offer covers any mechanical issues that may arise during normal use of the product

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Thank you for your interest in Madison Seating, currently the largest retailer in North America for brand name office chairs at the lowest prices possible! The "Open Box Specials" featured on our website are a great way to save money on the best selling chairs on the market today. These brand name chairs are being sold for more than half off their retail value and will include free shipping!! "Open Box" simply means, the item is out of the original packaging. The chair was either, returned, refurbished, on display or has been in inventory for awhile and since been placed on a clearance. The merchandise is in perfect working condition. In addition, you will be provided with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 10-year Madison Seating warranty. We are so confident that our prices are currently the lowest on the internet we are willing to not only match but beat anyone selling these item(s) at a lower cost. Best regards, Allie Madison Seating 888-704-3435

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Fong, Our records indicate that you were sent an email apologizing for the error in sending you a the Size B chair and not the Size A chair as requested. We offered you a generous compensation to keep the incorrect size chair or the option of picking up the chair for full refund or exchange. In fact, a fedex pre-paid label was already sent to you. Please contact our customer service department if you did not receive this information. The Team at Madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MadisonSeating staff and other customers.

MadisonSeating?