Review of Liquidation.com

Liquidation.com reviews

malcolmc21
11/16/17

I bid on a lot of 'returned' stereo headphones. Most were without parts, instructions or were broken. Of the 21 items I 'won' on the auction, 7 did not function at all, are not repairable and are junk. I lodged a complaint which was denied, Do NOT auction for anything other than new items otherwise you can expect to get salvage-level items.garbage

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Malcolm! In the world of liquidation, returned merchandise can vary depending on the original retailers return policy since these were assets once sold to a customer, who then returned it for a variety of reasons. Reasons for returning a product may not have any correlation to its utility (i.e., size, color, model, etc.), and as a result may be in fine working order.

The majority of returns, however, do have some operational and/or cosmetic problems. Again, depending on a company's return policy, these items may also reflect a measurable amount of use. In addition, since most of these items are sent through a reverse supply chain (e.g. from a customer back to a store or a centralized warehouse), they can show signs of further handling. Timestamped products, such as food, supplements, car seats, and refrigerators, may be expired.

They generally do not come in their original packaging and often do not have any of the advertised documentation or additional parts and/or accessories. Accordingly, returns can exhibit a wide range of individual product and package conditions that can differ substantially from the original manufacturing.
jimm1550
11/9/17

They are the worst, bar none, most crooked, poorly managed companies on the planet!! They send you junk so you make a Pay pal claim- they then throw you off the site- Time after time we tried to work with them to no avail- Their stock is falling- I wonder why- not long for this world!!!

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Jim, in the event you receive merchandise not as described in the listing, we ask that disputes be filed within our process. Any user who does dispute with Paypal, without our consent, will be banned from our site. I'd be more than happy to look into your recent transaction that didn't measure up to your expectations - please send us a message with the transaction ID number. Thanks.
traviss40
11/1/17

No matter the default, damage, or even if 1/3 of the inventory is missing, they will side with the sellers. Conditions are misrepresented, and support system will take days, if not weeks to reply.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Travis, sorry to hear you've had an unpleasant experience. Every dispute filed with Liquidation.com is investigated by a team so this process can take up to 10 business days. If missing items are more than what the auctions quantity variance stated, or if the merchandise condition vastly differs from what was listed we side with our buyers and make this right either through a partial or full refund. I'd be happy to take a look at the transaction in quest if you could message us with your transaction ID.
israelm25
9/27/17

These items should be labeled "SALVAGE" because they have been used and are very old. When you labeled "RETURN" on an item it gives the expression that it is a somewhat new item used for short time and returned for minor faults. The items I got was model of 2009 and were badly used. There was NO PICTURE of the actual item when it was posted except for some new packaged boxes misleading us that it must late model and somewhat new with minimal faults. To my surprise after I received the items I went back to the ad it was still active and FOUND ONE PICTURE it looked like they just added it at the very end.
When I received an email of denied my dispute, I tried to call to speak with the person signed that email by the name of "Tasia" but the person answered the phone said there's no one by that name works there even when I spelled it to her.
The email mentioned that the funds will be released to the seller. So with denied dispute and not reaching to the person who emailed me, itI was helpless and I felt my $3090.00 had just lost in the thin air. So I found the delivery invoice and emailed them requesting for a kind consideration of refunding my money. The seller returned a reply immediately and was very helpful and willing to at least refund a portion of my funds $1750 and I can keep the items. However he mentioned that it depends on liquidation.com but he will approved it. I send his letter to liquidation.com but surprised again when they emailed me back not to help me but instead THREATENED me for contacting the seller. I never heard from them anymore until now I got a response to my review.
In my pursuit to retrieve my funds I will contact each and every reviews here to join me on a joint complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau perhaps they may investigate Liquidation.com for some scams that they are knowingly doing with some of their sellers. So if you read this and you've been ribbed off like me? Please email me at israel@iminvestmentsllc.com so we can jointly file a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Isileli

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Israel. I'm sorry to hear your experience with Liquidation.com hasn't been the best. The 'Returns' condition type in the liquidation industry implies the merchandise was returned from a customer for a variety of reasons. Depending on the retailers return policy, it may even be returned if used. While most people don't return used items, there are some who do and those products do channel through the liquidation market. If looking for merchandise without this chance, we recommend purchasing merchandise in new, shelf-pulled or refurbished conditions.

I'd be happy to look into your dispute if you message us your transaction ID.
lorrij1
9/18/17

I have had an account with liquidation.com for more than 10 years. In prior years my experience was mostly good in that at least 70% of the items that I received in a "returns" lot was sellable and I could usually at least make my money back. I filed a dispute once and I won because the seller sold me junk that didn't work. At that time, their return lots were always inspected and marked on the manifest with their condition.

Well it had been at least 2 or 3 years since I purchased anything from them but I was looking for some school supplies so I went on there. I could tell that there were mostly new sellers on the site and that a lot of them were now selling "Amazon returns". I then won a lot of "returns" from seller Amazon_Liquidators out of Indiana.

The description said the items are returned and had not been tested for functionality. That should have set off red flags for me because in the past, they would at least let you know the condition of the items in the lot.

Well, after getting the box, I was dismayed to find half of the items were salvage crap and that ALL of the high dollar value items that would have made me my money back were among the items nonworking, damaged or broken. The rest of the items were fillers such as phone cases, cables, holders etc.-- give away items not worth anything. After filing a dispute, I received this email from them:

"We regret to inform you that at this time, we are unable to award the dispute in your favor for the following reason(s):

1) The auction was properly listed as returns. Return condition units are not guaranteed to be functional as the majority have operational and cosmetic issues, they may show signs of use and may not include all parts and accessories.
2) The auction description indicated these units were not tested for functionality."

WAIT!! WHAT!! SO BASICALLY YOU ARE ADMITTING THAT YOUR "RETURNS" ARE JUNK! Liquidation.com is purposely allowing sellers to send them items to sell that they haven't even looked at and call them "returns" just because someone sent it back to Amazon!

That's B*#%$#@!! These crooks are knowingly buying items from Amazon that have been tagged as salvage and sending it over to Liquidation as "returns" because Liquidation no longer requires them to inspect their product. Liquidation has then made it easy for them to avoid responsibility for their crap by having them disclaim them in their descriptions. I told them to close my account after having it for 10 years!

Both Liquidation and the sellers are complicit in this scam. They have become greedy whor***s with no concious!! Obviously they only care about maintaining their lifestyle that this scam site affords them and not about the consumers who are being victimized by what has become a purely bait and switch tool. STAY AWAY!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY!!! RUN FAR FAR AWAY. TELL YOUR FRIENDS. SOMEONE PLEASE START A CLASS ACTION AGAINST ALL OF THEM --LIQUIDATION AND THE SELLERS!!!

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Lorrie, I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with Liquidation.com. The 'Returns' condition type in the liquidation industry implies the merchandise was returned from a customer for a variety of reasons. Depending on the retailers return policy, it may even be returned if used. While most people don't return used items, there are some who you do and those products do channel through the liquidation market under this condition.

I'd like to personally look into your dispute to see if there anything I can do to reopen the investigation. If you could message the Transaction ID number of your lot, I can look it up and see what I can do.

Thanks,
Liquidation.com
najami
8/26/17

Selling $#*!ing junk. Customer returned lots are salvage conditions .and salvage conditions you can imagine your self .
Don't bother to buy from this site

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Najam, it looks like you received a lot that did not match the listing description. In these cases, we advise you file a dispute with us so we can investigate how it happened to you, but also make it right as we stand by what's listed within each auction description. If you filed a dispute, please send us a message on here and we'll look into it for you.
steveno21
8/11/17

I have read all the reviews on this site and my only regret is that I didn't read them prior to "BUYING". I'll keep this short and sweet..
I purchased 2 lots of seemingly "RETURNS FROM AMAZON" from the seller located in Indiana. Well when I received the boxes (2 separate orders) I was expectations where immediately deflated. 38 of the 100 items where used extensively and put back into the box and returned. The 25 items do not work and the remainder 37 items where put in a POLY BAG and are indistinguishable as to what they are related to.
I have bought many items in my life and have returned then either unopened or they didn't fit. AGAIN, consumers who returned these are canny. Used a few weeks send it back and continue the cycle. I am in the process of a DISPUTE. However deep down in my heart I'm going against one of the biggest sellers on this site.
I am also asking to return my second purchase (BOX UNOPENED) because I'm afraid of the JUNK inside. LOL.
Anyway, that's my story of woo. Just BEWARE and stick with BOOKS.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
The 'Returns' condition type in the liquidation industry implies the merchandise was returned from a customer for a variety of reasons. Depending on the retailers return policy, it may even be returned if used. While most people don't return used items, there are some who you and those products do channel through the liquidation market. If looking for merchandise without this chance, we recommend purchasing merchandise in new, shelf-pulled or refurbished conditions.

I'd be happy to look into your dispute if you message us your transaction ID.
krzysztofw5
8/7/17

Ever bought 99 items in bulk. 33 should be great. 33 should be normal. 33 should be ugly. Only 66 came. 33 of great once are missing. Web site returns 33% of money. Hopefully you got my point. BBB rating A+ now you should understand everything. You buy from them. Blame yourself.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Depending on the auction condition, the merchandise can be mixed, but only receiving 2/3 of your auction win should not have happened. You stated you were refunded a 1/3 of your money to compensate for the missing items, which is what we do when merchandise has been shorted.
ginam80
8/7/17

I wish I would have read the reviews of this site before I ever bid on my item. I won and paid right away. The shipping was quick. When I received my package, one of the boxes inside had insects in them, which could have been damaging the product I was buying, by eating it. I submitted a dispute through the website, provided proof, and they actually denied my claim with a straight face. I called the 800 number to dispute their findings and the customer service rep told me that her supervisor told her that I will need to reply to the email that I received that denied my claim and try and reopen the dispute. They want to side with the seller because that is how liquidation.com makes their money, through the sellers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS WEBSITE! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Please do not use this site, unless you enjoy being bent over. I received insects in my package and liquidation said that is something that can happen and took up with the seller. Liquidation.com makes their money from the seller's auction, therefore, the customer will almost never get sided with. Look at other reviews for this website and you will see there are more bad than good. Take your money elsewhere!!!!

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Gina, so sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to help with your dispute - could you please message us your transaction ID number?
diegod24
7/10/17

first i am already a victim of this company liquidation com..they sell junk ,,good for landfill ,,much better go to a recycle center and get some item there..believe me waste of time and money.wherein if you complain they close your account and get your money..in short dont jump into waters full of crocodiles like liquidation com.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Diego - sorry to hear your experience with Liquidation.com wasn't what you expected. When dealing with liquidated items, it's very important to know the condition of the merchandise you're bidding on as this will ensure you get exactly what you want. For an overview of the condition types on Liquidation.com please visit: http://buy.liquidation.com/conditions/.

I'd be happy to personally look into your recent transaction to see if there is anything I can do to help resolve the issue you've encountered. Would you be able to provide us with your transaction ID? Feel free to post here or send us a direct message. Thanks!
akmalk4
4/16/17

I didn't buy anything or didn't had any business in liquidation.com, but I tried. I went into website and looked over some auctions and most were rip off. No clear description of what you bidding on; just couple of high end merchandise on description and added with "specific number" more items included. Saw 5 used PS4 in a bad looking condition stuffed in a box, no cable no controller, but MSRP was showing $2499. Like NO WAY! 5 new ones in a box with controller u can get for $1000 or cheaper. And there was 60 video game disks, oh man based on how they stuffed I can tell that 20% will break during shipping and most will get scratch from frictions, no precaution taken whatsoever. I thought it could be decent website but I don't even want to try it out.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
While some auctions provide more detail than others, the MSRP value is always the 'Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Value' and is not what the buyer of these products expect to receive when reselling. Furthermore, we have a variety of conditions for every auction sold on Liquidation.com ranging from New to Salvage, and depending on the type of reseller who's purchasing these lots can make a profit. Thousands of buyers purchase from our site every week, and we would welcome you to join them. If you have questions along the way, our support team would be more than willing to answer any and all questions.
arthurm76
3/30/17

You get what you pay for. I have dealt with them and 75% positive, but remember there business is selling for someone else. Don't buy unless you can lose. Last load I bought from them the load classified as New. When it was received I got all recalled defective junk. No money recovered never bought from liquidation.com again

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Arthur, if the lot stated it was in "NEW" condition on the site, but what you received wasn't new, then we want to make this right. Could you message us on here the Transaction ID so we can investigate on your behalf and get this sorted? Thanks!
bens163
3/5/17

I've has multiple lots from liquidation.Com and nearly all have disputes logged against them. The model seems to be get the customer to pay for anything of any quality and if they complain throw them 10% back and say case closed or in most cases email back a disclaimer which basically says you accept black is white or any other shade i.e. they got a disclaimer for everything.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Sorry to hear about your recent experience. Every auction identifies the condition of the merchandise to give you a better understanding of what to expect. However, if what you received does not match the description of the merchandise description we will work with you to resolve. Please let us know if we can be of any help.
harishp3
3/5/17

Beware, if you are purchasing based on any value above 3 cents on the dollar be ready to be very disappointed. Salvage is salvage, returns are most often salvage with valuable parts missing. Don't even bother with the flat screens TV's 99% all have cracked screens.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Yes salvage lots contains merchandise not able to be resold as-is, and we recommend only professional buyers purchase these lots due to the condition. If you're looking for inventory to be quickly resold we do recommend purchasing items with a "NEW" condition.

Sorry if your recent experience with us wasn't the best, but if you have any questions please do let us know.
davids696
2/27/17

i purchased 4 skids in an auction and wired the funds via bank transfer the very next day and forwarded a copy of the bank wire...numerous calls and emails to support@liquidation.com asking to verify receipt of funds to no avail...3 days later i receive notification that my purchase bids have been cancelled and that if i did pay i would receive a refund check in the next 8 to 10 days ..they did absolutely nothing to retain the sale and a customer...is it any wonder why this company who 5 years ago the stock price was 58.00 and today it is coming off its low at 8.00 range.... oh and all these press releases about european expansion just smoke and mirrors they arent making money ...look at all the major big box contracts they have lost over the years is it any wonder

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi David, I'm sorry you've had this experience - sounds like you did everything correctly and we didn't process. I'd like to see if I can help figure out what happened to make this right between us. Would you be able to message us on here the transaction ID? Thanks.
cindyb124
2/18/17

I have dealt with this company for a 1 1/2 years and I have learned a few things along the way. Like many of you I have opened disputes, called customer service and once I even sent a package (at my own expense) to the company, so they could see for themselves the type of rags that were being offered on their site. Customer service was never helpful to me, The only relief I ever received was a promo coupon after I was charged $124.00 to ship 30 pieces of clothing, which were shipped on a pallet by freight??? I started with 10 vendors, I am now down to 3. 2 have left the site and 5 I black listed. This is what I have learned:

1. Always read the reviews and keep a running list of vendors who are sited for selling JUNK

2. NEVER make your first purchase a huge amount of money you will need to verify the vendor before making a large purchase.

3. This company does a poor job on vetting their vendors, and since they rarely Honor an Buyer dispute, any vendor that has had a buyer dispute honored is a RED FLAG. Also google the vendor and see if there is any other information available on them.

4. Given the BROAD disclaimer on "Returns" you are rolling the dice without any protection because it is covered in the disclaimer, as it is now written there is no difference in Salvage and Returns, except Salvage is telling you it is JUNK, Returns are open to interpretation.

5. Pictures an speak a thousand words if you see a box with items thrown in and few on top with tags, do not assume that all of the items will be the same. Look for vendors who are willing to take photos and accurately manifest their lots, anyone in the business knows that the more accurate your description and photos, the higher the bids. Avoid vendors who use works like "similar styles" and "assorted apparel"
and includes all sizes.

6. If you are buying from the warehouse, do not leave the premises before checking your manifest and testing your large ticket items. When reviewing photos beware of appliance with dangling cords, we have had many cut cords that happened as a result of poor handling. Look at the photos and if a company generally tightly wraps their pallets and you see a pallet that the wrapping is loose and items tossed on top you can safely assume that items have been removed and the warehouse will not replace them if they do not meet the variance, I lost numerous items before I caught on to that.

Finally always remember that you are taking a chance and will have net loss on almost every lot, the idea is to avoid as many pitfalls as possible. It is well documented that this company does not really offer customers service or vet their vendors. So we as hard working people have to serve each other by sharing information, and stop shady vendors by not buying their products.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Thanks for the review! We always suggest running a free shipping quote on all auctions, but I am sorry to hear you encountered this issue. If you send us a private message on here with your username or email used on our site I'll give you a discount on your next order.
raymondb46
2/13/17

will send wrong merchandise and used articles just plain thieves do business elsewhere no customer service wiill not refund for crap

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
If the merchandise received did not match what was listed on the site, please open a dispute. If you'd like, please message us on here your Transaction ID number and we'll follow up to see what happened so we can get this corrected for you quickly.
artiea6
2/9/17

Well, I got my shipment fast. The only good thing.
I won a bid of 41 items of makeup.
First item was shipped in a F@!*ing shoebox! A SHOEBOX!
The main items were there but smaller then I thought, my fault.
Then about 30 items were sample packets you get for free and are clearly labled.. NOT FOR SALE!!! POS. Then I was sent 5 F@!%ing lotions.....FROM A HOTEL!! The ones given to you for free in the bathroom! WTF!! Also NOT FOR SALE.
The "RETAIL PRICES" LOL were a joke. One bottle of poop claimed to be worth 40 bucks....it sells for 2 bucks on eBay. 123SALE....you been warned!
I filed a dispute, see what happens.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
So sorry to hear about your experience, and pleased to see you filed a dispute as we'll want to look into this and find out what happened. If you'd like, please message us your Transaction ID number and we'll follow up internally on where your dispute is within the process and ensure a speedy resolution.
louiseb65
1/3/17

I was swindle out of 624.00 the liquidation is in with the seller, I prude that this was not real. they it was worth 9,000 not worth more then 50.00. please don't buy from them they will rip you off. after filing a complaint with liquidation they are with seller they don't want to lose their commission. so i will go to my credit card . I did it their was know I will do it mine.

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
We're sorry to hear about your recent experience with Liquidation.com. If the listing indicated the merchandise was real, and once received you identified it wasn't then this can easily be resolved. I'd personally like to help you get this straightened out, but will need some information from you - namely the transaction ID of the purchase. We look forward to hearing from you.
cameronh31
11/14/16

What you see listed in their manifests IS NOT what you get. It would seem that someone in the warehouse like to switch out items for useless crap that is not even on the manifest you ordered, (ie. Android TV box for a 45 vinyl record), and when you put in a dispute, they will not honor a return or refund. You can't even get a straight answer from customer service if your lucky enough to contact them! Your better off buying your items from a dollar store. At least you what your getting. Their warehouse workers are as crooked as the company. BUYER BEWARE!!

Response from Liquidation S., Liquidation.com Representative
Hi Cameron. Nearly all lots on Liquidation.com have a manifest, which is provided by the seller. While there are quantity variances, if an item is listed in the manifest you should receive it. If not, then we'd honor that dispute. I'd be more than happy to get this resolved; just need to get some details from you.
denisew51
7/21/16

I am a Powerseller and buy most of my items from here, thanks Liquidation.com!!

emmanuelp8
7/20/16

I bought a pallet that clearly said "shelf pulls" when i received it the toys and ,shoes they were out of the boxes...not only that but the boxes where filthy dirty and sticky unsalable i paid $350.00 their customers sucks this lady sounded like she was at least 500 pounds breathing heavily couldn't understand her for nothing sounded like she had a $#*! in her mouth! i explained to her the situation and she said if i have proof,and that if its reversed it can take up to 90 days to get my money back.i dont know how this place is still up!

kevinr67
6/14/16

Beware selling on this site. I sold product on this site. When a month had gone by and I still had not received my payment, I contacted them. Sales rep. Zachary Patterson informed me that all my profit from the sale had be used to pay fees I was unaware of. In fact, Mr.Patterson claimed I owed them additional fees. Fees they never mentioned UNTIL I asked about my missing payment. And so their customer received the product, Liquidation.com was paid, but I received nothing. When asked, Mr.Patterson did not deny this was standard business practice.

nicoleb96
5/17/16

Do not buy from this site. Its like everyone said a total scam. Being force to give them one star. They do not deserve any stars. Please do not try the it. Liquidators.com are garbage collectors who dump the junk off at your house. However, who in their right mind pays for trash. Peace be with you Amen.

dana672
4/14/16

I was told I`d receive a lovely necklace for only $ 9.99 and 4 very nice jade pendants for $7.99 ea. Needless to say I haven't got anything from Liquidation.com to date. No refund or my order. Calling the office was real joke too. After a few calls, I realized I`d " BEEN SCAMMED" Word to THE WISE, avoid liquidation.com at all cost. Last I heard they`ve scammed over 179,000 customers. I had to apply for a new debit card, since they have my personal info. Because of the experience, I`ll only purchase locally from now on.

If you win an auction, but can't pay for it, please call out support team at (800) 498-1909.

By Liquidation S. [Liquidation.com Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Liquidation.com staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Liquidation.com