Review of letgo

Naarden,, DE 1411, The Netherlands
info@letgo.com

toms781
5/16/19

This site has a terrible UI for both mobile and web. Type in a search term, and receive any results they want. Put in "BMW", None of the responses were BMWs and the first 12 were other brands, or unrelated items. See Screen Shot.

amyt249
5/15/19

Hate Letgo. Only ever got "Is this still available"? No response when I reply. The only real person wanted me to drive a $15 dollar item to his house 30 minutes away. They randomly remove postings. I sell better on Craigslist.

mattp151
5/7/19

Don't bother with this app. To prove a point, I posted several items. In their description, the first line was, "please, don't ask if this is available, because I will not respond.". First two days, I received 4 messages. All of them said, "is this still available? So I replied to each saying yes, it was. Not one person out of the 4 made any further attempt at communicating. So, are they bots...or real people?? It has been about 6 months now and I have yet to sell one item on let-go but I usually sell one to two items per week on Craigslist. I can say, however that at least with letgo you can post items for sale. Facebook marketplace seems to flag account and put you under review all the time regardless of what you're selling. And there is never a human being to speak to. It is all automated responses for the computer who can only see dots and dashes.

earla19
5/6/19

Phil&I very nice people easy going deliver trustworthy fair price friendly one of the best people I ever done business with not only but around good guy

barbaram210
4/29/19

I signed up with Letgo 5/2018 but didn't list anything until 4/2019. It is a fairly easy process to list items. I posted five purses, a pair of shoes, a baseball glove, two framed baby bear pics, and a vintage portable hair dryer. Within the first day I had an inquiry on one of the purses--asked if the price was negotiable. I picked one of the "suggested" responses of "Yes, what's your offer?" Never heard back from that person even though about a week later I sent a follow-up (one I wrote myself) asking if the person was still interested. Again, no response.

A few days later, I got an inquiry about the baseball glove, asking if it was still available. I again chose one of the suggested responses (I think it was simply "yes"). Never heard back from that person, either. The lack of a response makes me wonder if these prospective buyers are real buyers who are simply rude (even if no longer interested or found something else, it would be a courtesy to respond [i.e., "thanks but I found something else"]) or some type of scam (i.e., perpretrated by Letgo to make sellers think there is interest in their posts). In fact, at the bottom of the first page of the Letgo reviews on Sitejabber, there is a question/answer section where someone talks about the situation where someone expresses interest but then never gets back to the seller. One of the answers said it was an automated bot--not a real person--sent out by Letgo.

About a day after I replied to the baseball glove person, I happened to go to my Letgo account and saw that it was flagged with a "this account is under review." Of course, there is no explanation of why it's under review. That was about two weeks ago and it still is "under review." I then searched online for reviews of Letgo and came across Sitejabber. I was stunned at how many negative reviews there were for Letgo. Many of them referenced having their accounts under review. Others mentioned that they would get people expressing interest but never heard from them again (seems to be a common problem).

I am going to close my Letgo account. A friend has had a fair amount of success selling on OfferUp. I do not have a smart phone but, apparently, there is a way to sell from a computer using an android emulator such as Blue Stacks.

jaredm73
4/26/19

I know that you cannot expect to sell Used items at the price of new items, that's obvious. I know that if you are using letgo you can get some lowball offers, but these buyers are REDICULOUS. I was checking ebaY for some going rates for used products, (computer parts.) I posted some of the same stuff on Letgo and people only want to pay like 25%-50% what you can get on other sites. The Buyers on Letgo must be high or something.
Aside from that, the whole site is tedious to use because things are organized poorly, and it's difficult to get categories of things to look at to show up in a way that makes it inviting to browse. For example, there is a category "electronics," don't you think they would have a category for say - a speaker system to segregate it from a computer monitor?

joseyw3
4/26/19

People are on there are to lazy to mail what they are selling, much like people on Craigslist, those sites are only good if by some chance you live in the town they are selling from...

jasonw381
4/26/19

Hard to like when almost all encounters are either lame window shoppers or probably hoarders who want everything for the pile but don't want to pay even near what it is worth. I'm talking literally like 12x "is item still available" and then ZILCH response or..$1200 item is priced at $300 to sell fast and the idiots offer $100!!!! I swear I could put a pile of one million dollars in CASH on the site for $1 and some jackhat would offer me .50c!!! It's stupidity like that. Don't even get me going about the scammers...

Tip for consumers: Be very cautious with "buyers" and also very clear in your listings as people are always looking to weasel you.

obedt
4/21/19

I seriously think it's a shame because let-go is one of the only apps out there that does not bother anyone, They allow their users to post ads freely without being flagged and removed for nothing,....
and we all know how frustrating that can be!
The problem is that they have a poor setup,
The app needs a new interface.
Like for instance they should do away with all of the buttons, because I personally have had people message me back when I never messaged them in the first place, and it turns out that I simply hit the button by mistake.
Secondly they need to make it easier for people to post things on their website, like for instance when I first started posting you hit the button and sometimes it's hard to understand how to post on there, or once you post you have to at the end edit the ad, or even something as simple as uploading pictures it is a huge task on let-go.
We are in an age where people like things fast and easy I think because it's hard and because it's tricky to figure out how to post on let-go that is the reason why many people are pushed away from this amazing app.
I can only hope that that let-go gets this info and listens, because seriously they are the only platform that's out there that does not bother their users and I love that.
The main problem is that there are absolutely no buyers on let-go.... none whatsoever!
I post ads all the time and I feel like I'm doing it for practice or something, because I never ever sell anything on let-go.
I just get a lot of "likes" for the items that I post it's like Facebook for sellers or something, people just browse on letgo and like things but never purchase anything. I find it quite ridiculous sometimes!
Anyways I digress
my point is that I think let go is one of the best apps out there and if they just change their app setup and make it easier for the user they will attract more users and it would be a great place to buy and sell.

jonathanv49
4/20/19

Coulnt rate zero...is there a less than zero Tried to sell glass water pipes and kept getting taken down saying i was selling drugs or medicine. Relisted specificity staing not medicine or drugs for tobacco use only and still removed...crap crap crap

willm100
4/20/19

LetGo is an absolute waste of time to use. The search feature uses inductive instead of deductive search parameters.

If I do as LetGo recommends and only use one word to search, and type the word Sunglasses ....4 million pairs of sunglasses show up!

So if I want to be more specific and only see Black Oakley Sunglasses, you'd think I could type BLACK OAKLEY SUNGLASSES to refine my search. NOPE..
Doing this causes EVEN MORE items to show up.
Any and all listings on their site containing the word BLACK, AND any and all listings containing the word OAKLEY, AND any and all listings containing the word SUNGLASSES show up.

This makings finding what you want extremely painstakingly involved and it just isn't worth it.

They should change to a deductive search like eBay. More words means LESS items.

jayr104
4/19/19

What is wrong with this website? I've been trying to use it for a week straight and pages take forever to load. It seldomly gives me results close to me hometown.

juana203
4/18/19

I'm tired of the slow as hell service. It never improves. I always get annoying messages is this available when I know it was just click bait the button that lets u ask is this available is too close to send button. Constant getting is this available. When I search for stuff it never gives me posting of what I'm searching . I try to log in like 10 times in a row and still can't sign in. I'm sorry but let go si the worst service I used. People use Offer up. It way better and they have to send a pick of there ID if the want to have the best rank. I think that's good so there is lee chance of theft or fraud. I wish I can give let go 0 starts cuz that's what it deceives.

frankf240
4/7/19

Fake profiles ask questions about what your selling and never get back to you. It's a horrible app. Stay away

kathrynl78
4/4/19

I have written and tried to get help - someone will send a desire to buy an article I have posted and when I try to respond to them, I get error and can't respond to anyone to let them know I still have the article.

michaelr1124
3/31/19

You try searching for an item and it loads up a whole bunch of different items that has absolutely nothing to do with the item you are looking for, what a joke Letgo is

luj2
3/25/19

I met a buyer named "mike finely" to sell my nintendo switch. He met me in the car and gave me four hundred dollars of fake money. After he drove away, I realized that the money is fake, I reported to letgo but they haven't done anything so far.

joes1057
3/23/19

Bought an iPhone 8 on letgo. Checked the IMEI number and it was clear. 3 days later it was reported stolen. I told letgo about the incident and the seller, and they did nothing to remove his profile. They told me to report to the police, which I did and gave them the police investigation number.

They did not apologize, they did not offer to compensate me for my loss, they did not acknowledge that they left this criminal to post for 2 months after I reported the incident, letting him pull this stunt God knows how many times.

All their customer care did was deny any responsibility and say they would cooperate with the police, which does nothing for me.

I have deleted the app. They don't give a damn.

williamj381
3/22/19

You're trying to sell something and you get people Spamming youI all the time. There not much more I can say except don't trust anybody on the site

robs327
3/21/19

Won't let me interact, keeps telling me my account is up for review (I just signed up), can't even like things - no response from mods explaining why I'm up for review. Useless app and the website sucks S...........L...........O...........W

js628
3/21/19

Wow...most ghetto , scandalous, broke con artists have infiltrated this done and over app. Not safe for women.

nancyr352
3/21/19

Too dangerous. I had some creep show up at my house.....................I have to type 100 Characters to post a review????

susanp502
3/21/19

You can't remover chats and notifications now they don't even want to post my items until I put 5 pics this site sucks I am not going to use it anymore!!!!! All it does is make me furious!!!!

salamim1
3/14/19

Ever since the latest update I can't read my messages. I get notified, I see there's something in the chats but that's it! It just buffers and spins forever saying 'connecting'. The whole point is communicating with buyers to make a sell. If I can't see their messages and communicate with them, then there's no reason to have the app on my phone. What a waste of time creating the posts and uploading pictures. Bye, you sorry a$$ app!

nonofyourfuck
3/9/19

And rental that will leave you penniless and homeless this site really sucks it has a lot of bugs go figure

I worked as a reviewer for several sites and when they have very little reviews or no reviews people like me are paid to say how great they are. You can verify these in Amazon reviews some of them praise items like there is no tomorrow full pages of nice reviews. When you see the contradicting reviews go for the bad one is the honest one.

By Magda B.

I have found certain Android and iOS updates , and even certain versions have issues , if you uninstall app , then re-install to your device and then sign into your same account, this will download all the up to date version , fixes ect at the same time instead of adding to your pre-existing app , will 95% of the time fix all issues

By Seller o.

Don't waste time with those. They know it's still available, it would no longer be posted if not available. Just say are you interested? If so, it's only available for serious buyers... And tell them the price. If no response, forget them and move on.

By Chris M.

They want access to the camera because you can take a photo of your item for sale directly through the app. Access to your existing photos is in case you don't want to do that. (In case you aren't in the same location as the item when you list it, or the device you're posting from takes lousy photos, for example). Hope this helps. As a photographer, I completely understand your concern; wouldn't want my personal information compromised either. (I'm just a seller, not part of the company.)

By Mary P.

Scroll up n click on more info to see if the seller has posted anymore info on the item,some sellers don't bother to give any info so you have to chat

By Christine V.

It sounds like you got scammed. If Michael has deleted his account, that would be telling..  I think you can send any envelope by mail with a tracking number.. I think you should contact Michael if he's still available. And ask him to return your money. If he's legitimate, He tracked it, he insured it.. But I'd say you just got taught a lesson. I always meet sellers in my area only. SO sorry. This app has many flaws.

By Phy P.

I damn sure wish I knew cuz I would let them having it. Their sending messages that I never requested them to send. That's fraud and it's horrible to do that too a seller. Totally pissed and would love to share that with them!

By Rhonda H.

In your email you will see a red box with the word "REPLY". Click on it, and you will have the option respond to the inquiry.

By James A.

It means that a user has clicked on a heart icon on your post and has added your item to their "Favorites" category. When you make changes or update the post, they will be notified.

By James A.

You will receive a response in your "chat" category.

By James A.
Questions? Get answers from the letgo staff and other customers.

letgo?