Review of letgo

Naarden,, DE 1411, The Netherlands
info@letgo.com

joes1057
3/23/19

Bought an iPhone 8 on letgo. Checked the IMEI number and it was clear. 3 days later it was reported stolen. I told letgo about the incident and the seller, and they did nothing to remove his profile. They told me to report to the police, which I did and gave them the police investigation number.

They did not apologize, they did not offer to compensate me for my loss, they did not acknowledge that they left this criminal to post for 2 months after I reported the incident, letting him pull this stunt God knows how many times.

All their customer care did was deny any responsibility and say they would cooperate with the police, which does nothing for me.

I have deleted the app. They don't give a damn.

williamj381
3/22/19

You're trying to sell something and you get people Spamming youI all the time. There not much more I can say except don't trust anybody on the site

robs327
3/21/19

Won't let me interact, keeps telling me my account is up for review (I just signed up), can't even like things - no response from mods explaining why I'm up for review. Useless app and the website sucks S...........L...........O...........W

js628
3/21/19

Wow...most ghetto , scandalous, broke con artists have infiltrated this done and over app. Not safe for women.

nancyr352
3/21/19

Too dangerous. I had some creep show up at my house.....................I have to type 100 Characters to post a review????

susanp502
3/21/19

You can't remover chats and notifications now they don't even want to post my items until I put 5 pics this site sucks I am not going to use it anymore!!!!! All it does is make me furious!!!!

salamim1
3/14/19

Ever since the latest update I can't read my messages. I get notified, I see there's something in the chats but that's it! It just buffers and spins forever saying 'connecting'. The whole point is communicating with buyers to make a sell. If I can't see their messages and communicate with them, then there's no reason to have the app on my phone. What a waste of time creating the posts and uploading pictures. Bye, you sorry a$$ app!

nonofyourfuck
3/9/19

And rental that will leave you penniless and homeless this site really sucks it has a lot of bugs go figure

jwaynek
3/5/19

I have spent at least 6 hours trying to get back on my post after getting a new phone. I had told a lot of folks it was the best site to use.
I signed in was treated as new. Nothing I could do to get back. Nothing & no response from let go. Can't get to the people I was talking to.

tomb610
2/26/19

It doesn't work. Very poor customer service I used letgo for a lo g time. Worked fine then. Now can't read my likes no matter what I tried. Tired of trying to fix it.

ericc323
2/25/19

I've sold on eBay and Craigslist and thought I'd give this a try. Bad idea. Rather, a colossal waste of time it's almost laughable how many times I've answered "yes, it's still available" and then... crickets. Nothing. I sold a total of TWO items on this site, out of probably 20 listed. And those two were a painstaking ordeal. Bye bye "let go."

rs343
2/16/19

Horrible issues with website, poorly laid out pages, definitely not mobile device friendly in the least little bit, which I assume is the majority of your business, you guys need to clean house in whatever department oversees your website if you ever want to get a piece of the big boys action!!! (Like CL or even OU)

edwardm299
2/16/19

this site should be banned from use. persons here act like they are interested in what you have to sell but when you make a deal they love to not answer back and not show up wasting the buyers time. i have deleted my account and id advise you to do the same.

anng222
2/15/19

Minus 0... Thats What I would give but then it wont posted
LetGo has alot unreliable so called buyers
Sellers .... Beware
After posting several items of good to excellent( some brand new)and being constantly harassed, low balled, and/ or receiving no response back after I attentively answered Yes, item is still avaiable . I decided to delete my account with Letgo . In the past, It was a pleasure and great success to deal, buy, and sell through Letgo to reliable mature, and friendly buyers. NOW, its PURE BS. Its clearly indicated that some individuals have nothing else to do than to mislead sellers, put fake profiles, and / or notify their friends to write and post excellent reviews. To all those who contacted me with a false intention to buy, Good luck to you . I hope that the same comes back to you. Is a site to buy , If you cant afford the price(s)that the seller is asking then MOVE ON to items that you can obviously afford or want for FREE
If the item states a price and NO NEGOTIATION
Respect .... And move on
Otherwise it just shows how low you really are .If you are no longer interested in buying the item then be mature enough and answer back to the seller(s)
Attention Sellers ... Beware of so called buyers with profiles have not yet been verified....and very little information is known about them

carolyny15
2/12/19

This is the worst app I ever used trying to sell something...every time I get a message from a user to buy my item I get the famous message "account pending moderation" as soon as i write back...some of the users have been verified!! ...stop advertising this service it sucks

davids826
2/12/19

I have sold a few items (in spite of) this app. I saw another reviewer say that it constantly defaults to the wrong location, YES IT DOES! The worst issue I have encountered is, when I receive a message from an interested buyer, I will respond but my message doesn't get sent or received for hours if not as long as a day, if at all. The "Red Check marks" next to your message indicate if the message has been sent and received, if they are not present or highlighted then your message has not been sent. Making the prospective buyer think you are ignoring them. As much money as these morons spent on television advertising, some of those funds would have been better spent on a quality IT staff. I post my ad's with my desktop, (DO NOT GIVE letgo ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA)!!! I would not trust them with that, as unprofessional as they have demonstrated to be.

fucky111
2/11/19

some might get a good time buying stuff but i got scammed for a fake iphone x so be careful and some might get good parts for example battery switched or some other stuff switch too

pineappleb
2/7/19

Set your location, it will say you're somewhere else. Nonstop. You'll always have to reset your location. Half the time to website freezes and dont even let you log in or register an account. I want to like this app but IT NEEDS FIXED!

donaldt119
2/6/19

Honestly, it's tough to sell lightly used items online to real interested people anyways but LetGo only makes it more difficult! Yes, a site that is there to help you sell things actually makes it more difficult to do, between the 5,000 fake profiles that will send you a message about an item you are selling, to the real people that offer their dead dog in exchange for your item(sarcasm but everyone tries exchanging worthless items), to the actual people that want the item but are extremely hard to come by and by the time you find them you have given up on the idea of ever selling this on such a pathetic website. Do NOT ever give money to this company to advertise to fake profiles for you, more traffic only means the more fake messages you get, your only hope of selling items on here is being patient and waiting for someone that specifically wants what you are selling. Lastly if you list your items on a site like this, don't list your items for dumb prices if you have an Iphone 6S that you can buy new for $200, don't sell it for 300.00 saying you bought it for 600 and that it needs a new screen. Do your research on the product you are selling, it should not cost someone more than 50% of what it would cost to get new for them to buy it used unless it's in spectacular condition. There are a TON of incompetent real buyers on this website so bare that in mind as well, at the end of it all, I wish I would've just not ever used this website.

mariat201
2/5/19

Cant sell anything, page not loading or its very slow. Don't waste your time. Someone need to do something about this website.

lindap544
2/4/19

love the app but buyers want your product, you say ok but don't hear from them OR you hold it for them, on their request and never hear from them.

christopherg289
1/23/19

App works to sell items locally and keeps you safe. Great idea, functions pretty well. App could use a few tweaks to make it better, but generally works well enough to sell and buy items easily. Not easy to get a hold of support. Overall I like it, have sold items to about 20 people so far and bought from a few. Definitely will continue using. Thanks LetGo and keep the updates coming.

Tip for consumers: I see reviews from LetGo users upset at a product they purchased from someone. LetGo does not inspect the products. They only provide the medium to buy and sell. Use common sense and take a look at what you are purchasing before giving the money. It's ok to say you changed your mind and that it wasn't what you expected. This is just like buying something at a flea market or yard sale. Some items are brand new and some are used. Check out the items first. Happy shopping!

jayh329
1/22/19

This site is the epitome of stupidity. Poor application design and button placement. No visible customer support contact. I've sold on craigslist, ebay, and offerup, and this is by far the worst of them. But the cherry on top of this crap sundae of a site comes in the form of the people who use it. Honestly some of the worst, idiotic people I've ever had the displeasure of engaging with. They make plans to buy something, they don't show up. They say they're interested in an item and then they never respond to messages. Then sometimes they block you for no apparent reason, even though you've been nothing but polite to them. Oh and the worst part is, the goddamn lowballers on this site are ridiculous. How slow does someone have to be to even remotely think offering less than a third of the asking price is reasonable? For every $100 product you "attempt" to sell there will always be 20 of these idiots on their phones licking their chapped lips ready to type "$10". Everything on this site is against you. Especially the buyers. Sellers beware.

patriciam613
1/22/19

I was embezzled out of 2100 $ after meeting up to purchase a truck. The title was bogus and when I went to pick it up the next day, the address was also bogus. Letgo refused to release the actual posters ( sellers information ) even though I made a police report and had the report number. Do NOT deal with this site, they support criminal activity.

gh108
1/19/19

I don't know if it's the letgo app or just some of the people who use it. I was unable to respond immediately to 2 different sellers because of jury duty. Both ended up blocking me and one called me unbelievable names. I used to be able to peacefully sell and buy on letgo. Not anymore.

I worked as a reviewer for several sites and when they have very little reviews or no reviews people like me are paid to say how great they are. You can verify these in Amazon reviews some of them praise items like there is no tomorrow full pages of nice reviews. When you see the contradicting reviews go for the bad one is the honest one.

By Magda B.

I have found certain Android and iOS updates , and even certain versions have issues , if you uninstall app , then re-install to your device and then sign into your same account, this will download all the up to date version , fixes ect at the same time instead of adding to your pre-existing app , will 95% of the time fix all issues

By Seller o.

Don't waste time with those. They know it's still available, it would no longer be posted if not available. Just say are you interested? If so, it's only available for serious buyers... And tell them the price. If no response, forget them and move on.

By Chris M.

They want access to the camera because you can take a photo of your item for sale directly through the app. Access to your existing photos is in case you don't want to do that. (In case you aren't in the same location as the item when you list it, or the device you're posting from takes lousy photos, for example). Hope this helps. As a photographer, I completely understand your concern; wouldn't want my personal information compromised either. (I'm just a seller, not part of the company.)

By Mary P.

Scroll up n click on more info to see if the seller has posted anymore info on the item,some sellers don't bother to give any info so you have to chat

By Christine V.

It sounds like you got scammed. If Michael has deleted his account, that would be telling..  I think you can send any envelope by mail with a tracking number.. I think you should contact Michael if he's still available. And ask him to return your money. If he's legitimate, He tracked it, he insured it.. But I'd say you just got taught a lesson. I always meet sellers in my area only. SO sorry. This app has many flaws.

By Phy P.

I damn sure wish I knew cuz I would let them having it. Their sending messages that I never requested them to send. That's fraud and it's horrible to do that too a seller. Totally pissed and would love to share that with them!

By Rhonda H.

In your email you will see a red box with the word "REPLY". Click on it, and you will have the option respond to the inquiry.

By James A.

It means that a user has clicked on a heart icon on your post and has added your item to their "Favorites" category. When you make changes or update the post, they will be notified.

By James A.

You will receive a response in your "chat" category.

By James A.
Questions? Get answers from the letgo staff and other customers.

letgo?