Review of Lazada.sg

Tel: +65 8249 5711
customer@lazada.sg

lorenes9
10/11/19

I used to love the usability of Redmart - such a simple and pleasurable interface. I've been a frequent user for 2.5 years. I also appreciated the weekly voucher code discounts and their extensive inventory. Customer service was always terrific too - it was easy to find a phone number to call, easy to get refunds or have questions answered. Since the merger with Lazada, I've had four terrible experiences with Redmart in the spate of 2 months (!!). Their user flow now is so bad that I've now thought I placed an order three times - only to discover on my own that the order had been cancelled because payment was not received (it's an online credit card payment system, for crying out loud!). I never received an email, SMS or call from Redmart that my order had been cancelled. So frustrating! Most recently, over half my order was not delivered due to a damaged diproduct in the warehouse. Again, I was not notified in anyway and the refunds they issued were for only some of the products that had not been delivered. It's very difficult to find a phone number to call Redmart now, and customer service is basically helpless. Argh!!

al281
10/11/19

Lazada sided with the seller to reject to refund for the defective merchandise that I had sent back to the seller. Lazada gave no alternative solutions when they sided with the seller to reject my request for a refund except Lazada asked me to upload more evidence if I wish to continue to dispute. I don't have other evidence than the video I had submitted to Lazada. Of course, Lazada found my evidence not supportive of my claim. The case just hanged? I don't get the refund and the merchandise was already sent back to the seller. Sleazy and unethical. I take this case to court if I have to.

Tip for consumers: Don't Shop

janl157
10/1/19

1) items left outside my house at least 45mins before scheduled delivery time. 15mins before scheduled delivery time, still received messages that delivery be made within 15mins
2) an item wasn't delivered and 3 weeks after the scheduled delivery date, no email received from redmart or Lazada n $ not refunded yet. Had similar case when redmart was operating alone n within same day, an email was sent by redmart that item want delivered and $ be refunded

gias15
9/10/19

My review of Lazada is based on my experiences I have had in the last one year. I have ordered all kinds of things from mini tripod to dishwasher. I think one thing I hate the most about the seller's here is that they don't accept change of mind as a valid reason for return. If I have bought a product, especially after paying a fat amount of money, I think I should be able to decide whether I like the product and gonna keep using it. If not, I would rather return it than have a waste lying at my house. Now I understand I might be coming from amazing shopping experiences from websites like Amazon. Unfortunately such shopping experiences not available in Singapore and I have to make do with terrible conditions such as above. There have been times when the seller's have sent me wrong items, crappy items but I just didn't have enough time and energy to keep at returning things.

Undoubtedly there have been few good experiences too with Redmart. They have let me process returns when they sent rotten stuff or wrong stuff. Overall my feelings are mixed about Lazada. I would say it's pretty convenient for groceries but not a great place to buy clothes (multiple cases of mismatched size, terrible quality of product), ok to buy some items of medium prices (hit or miss) and totally not ok to buy items were you pay a considerable amount of money because you have no control once you buy the item. You will be forced to keep it even if you don't wanna use it, coz once the money get in the pockets of seller's (almost all) they don't wanna let go of it.

peterl434
8/10/19

1. Hadn't received my item 5 days after promised deadline.
2. Contacted them. They told me they would get in touch with the seller. Asked them to do so and get back to me within 24 hours.
3. They didn't do anything.
4. Contacted them again after another 2 days. They said they don't know what is happening. Asked them for compensation and immediate update on what is going on.
5. Then they canceled my order because they couldn't get ahold of the seller!
6. They offered me a compensation voucher of $5!

OUTCOME

7. I'm never buying from them again.

joeb769
7/10/19

This has happened to me a few times. I would either buy a few pieces of something and then the supplier would just send one piece.
Or if I were to buy three or four items from one supplier and when the package arrives, something is missing from the purchase list.
In both cases, there is no direct method of addressing the issue on the Lazada. The chat is actually a robot that only handles all the listed issues (not including any one of the above). When you call the hotline, you will speak to someone who will promise you everything but does nothing.
Then what happens after is that while waiting for customer service to act on your issue, the time limit for return expires and you get billed for something that was never sent to you...
Since I'm seeing this more often than I used to, my theory is that there are many suppliers in Lazada who knows about this loophole and are taking advantage of it so either buy only one thing from any one supplier or make multiple orders if you need more than one piece so buyers beware!

gt66
6/21/19

I'm forced to give a 1-star rating as this rating systems doesn't have a zero or negative star rating which is my true rating.
I placed an order on Jun 8. Delivery was promised between 19-21, as verified by the so-called tracking system which is a laughable appendix to the wholly useless site. By the due delivery date, I wrote 3 messages asking for status updates - none of my messages were read let alone responded to. I asked the customer service, who nonchalantly ask me to cancel the order as if failure to respond to customer is part of their DNA.

gerardc57
6/15/19

Bought portable wifi router, followed instructions after arriving Balkans to initiate ICC card for 15 days use, router setup went through but was unstable, so used so pare phone and ICC card worked well, initiated return of router, ask to return at pop station near home I e. SSC 500m away BUT was instructed to return at singpost itself i.e. 39 Greenwich drive, upon arrival found pop station under maintenance & was told by singpost attendant that scanner not useable even manual entry will be rejected although accessible, so asked customer care for return to lazada warehouse next building 37 Greenwich drive but was told warehouse refused to accept return & customer care says will collect from home instead, apptm was 14/6/19 return attempt was 12/6/19; but no collection occurred, so had to call CC again to reinitiate unfulfilled promise of collection by lazada BUT no news yet, expecting email confirmation for new return tracker & apptm date & time, wonder if lazada is reneging on return policy.

tossl1
6/10/19

Charged me $1 for no reason, asked if they could get back to me by today, customer service agent avoids to answer.

Tosses me like a ball 3 times despite my explainations. Got transferred 3 TIMES, 2 agents ignored my request (my request was simple - ask them to listen first or please explain to your colleague so that I don't have to explain for a 3rd time). BOTH GOT IGNORED. Transferred me without my consent and despite my protests. 3rd one ignored my question of getting back to me on the same day. Thanks for listening and transferring despite my protests, John!

Their system is laggy in processing payment. Unable to process my payment and cancelled my order.

Then tosses me around like ball between merchant and agent.

The agents don't care about your issue. They'll just apologise and eventually if you don't take it, hang up on you. Thanks for enhancing my experience, Muy! Even the merchant is more patient and nicer than their agent.

Their agent's way of handling frustrated customer is by hanging on them! No point trying to feedback cause they don't even have an official email address for customers and claims that their hotline is full.

Best customer service experience woohooo!!

hannaho19
5/29/19

No one will respond to your request for refund. You can't talk to any customer service. They only direct you to a machine to answer your query.

jiajial
5/7/19

I have waited tor 1 month and my item is not here. The replies that i have gotten back from the customer service was Allow me to check this with our team once more and I will get back to you once I receive feedback'' I bet nothing has been done... I am utterly disappointed with this shopping platform and would never recommend anyone to get things from there. There are other platforms which certainly delivers both service and product, please dont waste your time and money in getting any thing from Lazada.. Such a waste of time by contacting their customer service department..There was once they said that my item has been passed to my son when I am just a student, how professional' are they..

jobeet
4/20/19

I have bought a bicycle, order # *******472174 on 12 March 2019. According to Lazada the item delivered on March 20 by Singpost. But even after one month I didn't receive the item and disappointed to see both Lazada and Seller never reply to any of my enquiries. Lazada never attend customer care number and never reply any email, live chat is really bluffing. Singpost unable to find any article what Lazada said is engaged them to deliver to me. I think they cheated my hard earned money. Not sure who can help me to get my money back.

nfjdkdd
4/14/19

Horrible experience per title:
Bad customer service, defaults customer service back to sellers in china, which is of course well known for their inability to take care of customers.

jacksonc38
4/4/19

Totally unprofessional Seller and the returns experience was the most horrible.

We returned the defective item via NinjaVan (who made the mistake of delivering the item to my house/Buyer).We then had to personally make a trip down to Seller office at Sim Lim Square to return the item in person.

One week later, we receive an email from the "professional" Lazada robot team telling us that the dispute case is closed!! And reason given : Buyer did not return item. The best part, we cannot reply the email because its auto-generated.

I find this entire experience extremely unfair to the Buyer and so unprofessional. I would NEVER buy again from Lazada or this Seller. This is a SCAM to put it simply.

Right now, i have ZERO options and NO recourse to either Lazada or the Seller. Talk about fair market practices. Talk about good conduct. The way we've been treated in this entire process is the WORST and i'm so disappointed by Lazada.

tayt7
3/14/19

Bought a mobile phone which the seller indicated Local Singapore Manufacturer Warranty. After receiving the phone, I check with the authorise local service centre and was shock that the phone is not cover under local warranty. Lazada initially claim that the phone is covered under Local warranty as it was advertised with local warranty. But later change its statement after verifying with the seller and allow me to return the item. The return process was a nightmare when lazada kept dragging while holding to my money.

johnatonk
3/13/19

STAY AWAY AT ALL TIMES! Bought a Armani perfume but realised it is a fake! Contacted customer service but it was to no avail. lazada is so popular and famous but they are not vetting their goods at all. TERRIBLE!!!!! ZERO STAR!

vernsr1
1/29/19

I ordered hp lap top last 7/12/18 but it has not delivered on the promise date so i cancelled it but i have a hard time getting back my credit refund..ninja van said the item i cancelled was still with them and they had tried sending back to hp supplier 17 times but failed due to incorrect address i inform lazada about it but i was always given the same answer they make sure to expedite my refund..i called my credit card company to lodge a dispute so the card company will chase after them. That will be my last order from lazada no way i gonna purchase from them again.

terencel16
1/9/19

Placed an order on the 17th Dec and your site states delivery will be on the 2nd - 6th Jan 2019. However, on 5th Jan(Sat) my package has still not arrived and decided to write in. An auto reply states a dedicated customer service agent will contact me within 2-3 business days. Today which is the 10th Jan 2019, already the 4th business day and yet not even a F***ing soul contacted me to update me on my purchase. Would rather stick to some other e-commerce platform. If i could give a ZERO star rating, I'll DEFINITELY do so. LAZADA, you're such a pathetic organization!

syw
1/9/19

I bought an Iphone XS from lazada in december, and while delivery was prompt and smooth, I realised that my phone had a slight glue stain at the back and requested for a refund since it was unsightly, and if i had to pay over $1000 for something i would want it to be close to perfect. lazada approved of my request and took my phone back for reevaluation, but refused to grant me a replacement even though the problem is clearly there. My question is: if they were not willing to grant me a replacement in the first place why collect my phone back and waste my time? I have clearly said that it was the only defect FROM THE START so its not like they didn't know or that i deceived them. Moreover, their resolution officers are incredibly unhelpful, and they always seem to give the same few standard responses, as if they didn't even read my followup emails. I am incredibly disappointed and angry, and I will not purchase from lazada again.

lydial44
1/8/19

My order is placed on Dec2018, order number is #*******042.
Lazada did give me some good online shopping experience in the past 2 years. However, it is going downhill. The delivery was always delay without any notification until I contacted the customer centre.
This time, late shipment again and I even received a wrong colour and defective product.
According to the picture and description, the product should be in red but what I received is in black colour. As I don't want to deal with them anymore, I prefer to accept different colour only if the product is work. However, the pulp collector cannot assemble together with the juicer. The shape is incorrect. It is a defective product. I know the refund process would be so painful. I think I won't shop in Lazada anymore!

wc54
12/24/18

Bought a surprise box with wireless earphone on 12.12 at $49. Upon charging the earphone for the first time, it was apparent that the earphone was damaged and was unable to charge. I immediately contacted the customer service for an exchange of the earphone, but was told that the earphone was sold out, and lazada will not be liable for any exchange according to their "policy", mind you there was no such policy stated anywhere. Subsequently, after much delay I was offered by lazada customer service for a refund of $49 and I could purchase the earphone again at the full price of $159.90, a price difference of $110.90. No one in the right mind would have taken the offer. Four days went by and not a single soul bothered following up on the case and I have to consistently contact them to get an update. Finally after the fifth day I was able to speak with a manager over the phone. This lady manager whom refuse to give her name really took the icing on the cake. Her attitude was downright condescending and rude, she basically did not speak throughout the conversation and just put me on mute and I have to constantly ask if she was still on the call. After probably 10-15 minutes of call, this nameless manager basically told me I have two minutes to either take the refund or she would hang the call, which she duly hanged after a short period without providing a solution. Immediately after the end of the call, my order status was changed to return and I received an email asking for the time of pick up for the return. When I went back on the live chat to speak to another customer service agent asking for the lady manager's name, I was told by a customer service agent named Dan that he would not disclose the name. The manager had such arrogance over the call but would not dare disclose her name. This issue was more than just a failed delivery of goods, the customer service team was downright bad, and it's unsurprising, given the attitude of the manager leading the team. If you ever received a faulty product from lazada, best of luck to you, you will need all the luck dealing with the customer service team.

tank2
12/11/18

I will never order things through Lazada again ! Faulty items, fake merchants, rude service support !! It adds more stress than make life easier.

johnp1254
12/7/18

Have had three separate missing deliveries for things purchased from Lazada. Customer service was poor; Lazada did not respond to requests for help.

Yes, items on Lazada might be cheaper, but buying through Lazada is too painful. I'm better off shopping elsewhere, somewhere with great customer service and reliable deliveries.

djw14
12/4/18

I ordered a headphone a few weeks back and was delivered the following day. Upon receiving the item, I noticed the packaging was poor and looked like it was just re-sealed. Opened it and realized it is not powering on nor charging. Filed a replacement online. Diligently followed the process, fill-up forms, find a printer somewhere (as I dont own one) to print the package label which they require, packed the item as per their instruction, contacted the courier to inform the time and day I can be at home. Courier can't confirm so I have to file an early out at work. After sending back to Lazada successfully, they emailed me that I will not be able to get a replacement due to a few reasons, out of stock (checked it still have stocks), price difference, etc. They proceeded the refund the item without considering my concerns. I only need the replacement. The refund can't compensate all the efforts and inconvenience I experienced. If they refuse because of price difference, then can I take it as they are selling you a faulty item at a cheaper price or a working one if you are willing to pay the full amount?

That is not the first time it happened. I also purchased a bag from them a few weeks back. The stated delivery date range have passed but I still didn't receive the item and not even an update. After a week, they said they will cancel the order which is weeks behind the stated delivery date. Didn't care about my concerns again. This is really disappointing. They don't really care about their customers. They will make us suffer due to their broken system. They don't care about your consumers rights and will just slap you with their terms and condition.

Coming from someone who ordered around 50 items in a span of less than a month. Below are what I noticed:
- False Advertising (will sell a cheap item but you have to buy at your own risk) (Seller is Lazmall which is owned by Lazada)
- Old Items
- Faulty items
- Delayed Delivery
- Automatically Cancelling
- No customer care
- Broken internal process

Read a lot online and you will see more complaints.

adriant49
12/3/18

TL:DR - BEST TO AVOID!

Ordered(in Jul 2018) a remote control toy for a present. Toy arrived with missing parts. Contacted seller and seller said he/she would send over the missing parts. Waited close to two months and a package arrived. However, it was not the missing parts. Contacted the seller once again. Seller once again said he/she will send over the missing parts. Had to waited close to another two months and a packaged arrived. Once again without the correct missing parts! Tried to contact the seller once again, but the seller has gone quiet and is ignoring all contact attempts..

Contacted Lazada customer service. They tried to contact the seller but received no response from the seller after a week or so. Seems like they cannot even control the sellers on their platform. So, in the end they say they cannot do anything and it's my problem to sort things out with the seller. During the email exchanges with Lazada, it's quite obvious to see that the people replying do not bother (or cannot read) as replies on different days are sometimes the same canned or "cut and paste" answers.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time and money on this e-commerce platform. There are so many better ones out there.

Oh yeah, their site doesn't allow you to leave negative reviews. So, take all reviews with a bucket of salt.

Do not buy expensive or branded items on Lazada, unsure of its quality and authenticity. My past purchase are either cheap items shipped from China or from reliable local sellers like Autobacs, Prolink and small I.T products.

By Vic K.

My credit card also got charged $1 for no reason this morning! So this is how they earn money from us..

By Toss L.

I am in same situation.

By Lua w.

Questions? Get answers from the Lazada.sg staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Lazada.sg