Kinguin

Kinguin has a consumer rating of 4.14 stars from 312 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Kinguin also ranks 5th among Video Games Other sites.

• Once, though, I was very glad for their customer support, because one key didn't work.
  • The support team was responsive and they actually did the calling and the activation ID.

• Some of the worst customer service I've ever spoken to.
  • Don't believe the additional scam that if you pay extra for their "buyer protection", you won't get a bad code.
How would you rate Kinguin?

“Superior to G2A, in every way.”

Keegan x.
12/14/18

I bought Wolfenstein (the new colossus & the new order) through Kinguin a couple days ago, and I'm incredibly happy I did so. The keys were delivered within a couple of minutes (including payment time) and were perfectly valid. I had (regrettably) earlier tried to buy the same games from G2A a few hours earlier, where my payment wouldn't even go through. Even if it had, Ive had problems with G2A before, and it was not unlikely the seller would even give me a legitimate key. Couldn't recommend Kinguin more, and I look forward to buying through them in the future :D

“Appalling Service”

Owen B.
3/30/19

Purchased a key however when trying to activate via steam it was saying it's already been activated. Had to contact support and the agents on there did what they can but it wasn't good enough from a customers point of view. When a key is not successful they require you to take three different screenshots and send it to them before they will contact the merchant to get another key sent to me. On the third attempt of them sending me keys it finally worked. On the 2nd time I asked for a refund from kinguin but they said they will need to speak to the merchant about it. I know that some people do have a good experience from this site but unfortunately on my first use I was presented with this. Will shortly be removing my account as the trust has gone and I did not expect to be treated like that. It's a shame as the consept of the website is brilliant.

customer service (41) buyer protection (16) customer support (16) support team (9) windows 10 (19) game keys (6) support agent (8) instant delivery (5) 10 minutes (5) support person (4) great site (5) 5 minutes (6)
danielf239
December 12th, 2018
I've got like 17 games from this site, 2 of them, the code has already been used.
Luckily the support works pretty fast so they got me a working key after a few hours.
johns1767
John S. – Kinguin Rep
Dear Daniel,
Thank you very much for your opinion.
We are sorry that some of the keys you received from us appeared to be faulty. We would like to thank you for contacting us and reporting the problem, this way we were able to check it and provide you with an appropriate solution.
We hope that the situation will never repeat.
See you soon!
Best regards,
Margo
fg28
September 14th, 2018
There are some big problems with this site / company. First of all, they are pretty terrible at communication. If you open a support ticket, they email you and tell you to respond to the email with more information -- and then do not respond at all. I finally got online with a chat representative after a 20-minute wait, only to find out you aren't supposed to respond to the email but to update the ticket -- even though the email FROM kinguin said otherwise. They were pretty indignant and rude when I pointed out the issue, basically just declaring "that's why we have the online tickets," and said, "I am not going to argue." Attitude needs adjustment.

The reason I had gotten in touch with them in the first place was that the seller had provided a product key that couldn't be activated online and had to be done by phone.

The final issue with the site is that they don't differentiate between 32- and 64-bit programs.

Ultimately, it's good that I was able to get the program, but would have been happy to pay a little more to avoid the headaches and amount of my time I had to use to get a decent answer to the problem.

Tip for consumers: If you must buy from them (though I wouldn't necessarily recommend it), when you inevitably have problems, go straight to online chat despite the long wait.

Hello! The key for Sid Meier's Civilization V or IV may be used in Steam Client. The activation details are provided in all product pages https://www.kinguin.net/category/4906/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-complete-edition-steam-key/#activation-details. In case of any issues with the products, please contact us and we will help you. Best regards Kinguin Customer Support

By John S.,
See more answers (7)

Nope, they are scammers, my balance is frozen from 4 months, after you sell a game they keep the money for 2 months and then the withdraw process will take another 2 months

By Ciprian G.
See more answers (4)

Hello, We apologise for the delay in our answers. We recommend you to contact us directly on the Live Chat. This way we will be able to directly assist you with the matter. Please contact us anytime you need help. We are available for you 24/7. Best regards Kinguin Customer Support

By John S.,
See more answers (4)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Kinguin staff and other customers.

Kinguin.net is a marketplace for gamers. Here developers sell games to wholesalers, merchants, and direct to customers. The merchants buy from wholesalers or developers and sell to consumers at fair market prices. In every case, great care is taken to ensure that customers get working product keys, and Kinguin’s award-winning customer support team is always ready to help.

johns1767
John S.
Customer service
Usually responds not within the first month

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinguin?

Have a question about Kinguin?