Kinguin

Kinguin has a consumer rating of 4.14 stars from 312 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Kinguin also ranks 13th among Video Games Other sites.

• Once, though, I was very glad for their customer support, because one key didn't work.
  • The support team was responsive and they actually did the calling and the activation ID.

• Some of the worst customer service I've ever spoken to.
  • Don't believe the additional scam that if you pay extra for their "buyer protection", you won't get a bad code.
How would you rate Kinguin?

“Superior to G2A, in every way.”

Keegan x.
12/14/18

I bought Wolfenstein (the new colossus & the new order) through Kinguin a couple days ago, and I'm incredibly happy I did so. The keys were delivered within a couple of minutes (including payment time) and were perfectly valid. I had (regrettably) earlier tried to buy the same games from G2A a few hours earlier, where my payment wouldn't even go through. Even if it had, Ive had problems with G2A before, and it was not unlikely the seller would even give me a legitimate key. Couldn't recommend Kinguin more, and I look forward to buying through them in the future :D

“Appalling Service”

Owen B.
3/30/19

Purchased a key however when trying to activate via steam it was saying it's already been activated. Had to contact support and the agents on there did what they can but it wasn't good enough from a customers point of view. When a key is not successful they require you to take three different screenshots and send it to them before they will contact the merchant to get another key sent to me. On the third attempt of them sending me keys it finally worked. On the 2nd time I asked for a refund from kinguin but they said they will need to speak to the merchant about it. I know that some people do have a good experience from this site but unfortunately on my first use I was presented with this. Will shortly be removing my account as the trust has gone and I did not expect to be treated like that. It's a shame as the consept of the website is brilliant.

customer service (41) buyer protection (16) customer support (16) support team (9) windows 10 (19) game keys (6) support agent (8) instant delivery (5) 10 minutes (5) support person (4) great site (5) 5 minutes (6)
keeganx
December 14th, 2018

Tip for consumers: Just be wary of sellers who are selling illegitimate keys (be it faked, stolen, or just straight not even sending them) , as although kinguin trys to keep its platform clean, theres always people looking to scam.

An easy way to get around this would be to:

1. Not buy the absolute cheapest key - its probably fake.
2. Check sellers rating, look for good reviews + lots of games sold.
3. pay for Kinguin buyer protection. It will cost extra, but its better to be safe than sorry.

nickp164
April 2nd, 2019
I bought 5 random steam keys for £5, but upon receiving them I changed my mind and wanted a refund (note that I did not redeem the codes). I talked with tech support and in under 10 minutes I received my full refund (minus the buyer protection, but that's in the T&Cs of the service) without any hassle and with great help from Michal. I have been using Kinguin for more than 6 years and I always am extremely happy with their system and support.
ceilidhn
May 21st, 2019
I had an issue with a 3rd party seller, and the support staff has worked very hard to get the situation resolved.
danielec10
February 20th, 2019
buyed, checked my identity and once sure of everything they delivered them. great services and really kind people to talk with.
For sure i will buy again from them.
benjaminj63
November 24th, 2019
I absolutely love the universal sizing! It has never let me down and has always worked for me. Brilliant!
dastanb
October 18th, 2019
I think they will get better. The payment options, variety of the goods and bonuses are much better than g2a provides. Definitely will deal with them more.
georgig9
October 16th, 2019
Purchased Win 10 Pro OEM key from one of the sellers. Received it within few minutes. Successfully activated with Microsoft automated phone service.
dennisd221
July 24th, 2019
This site has the best digital games, both free and they also deliver fast. They also have insurance for your purchases
maikm12
September 26th, 2019
The sellers on there website can almost always be trusted, and even though fees don't make me that happy, I get it.

Tip for consumers: Try getting daily crowns, you might be able to get a game during the CFW

ivans109
October 23rd, 2019
• Updated review
The prices shown are without taxes and the products are then taxed in the cart. This is a waste of time and it's an unfair practice, sanctioned within the European Union.
What rating can be given to those who violate the regulations?

Ref:
Directive 2005/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 May 2005 concerning unfair business-to-consumer commercial practices in the internal market
Hello,
we are really sorry to hear that you feel that way.
Every customer is obliged to choose their own tax region during the checkout.
In this case, the tax is not included in the prices as every region is different.
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
Have a nice day,
Monika
Awesome support!
January 29th, 2019
• Previous review
Every time I contact the support, even for a little doubt, they respond quickly and in the right way. Also I have never had any problem with the sale of keys or with their purchase.

Of those I've tried, this is the only reliable keys store with private resellers. Recommended!
ranak10
April 2nd, 2019
I had an issue with a scammer seller, now solved thanks to the customer service. I had issue in the past too, all solved without a problem. thank you kinguin for real!
uniontownp
August 6th, 2019
Not a good experience. The extra, premium Buyer protection was purchased but useless. We *completely* followed their demands (screenshot after screenshot provided, etc.) but Kinguin refused even a partial refund. We are hoping to never do business with Kinguin in the future.

Also, we submitted 6 positive reviews and 1 negative review regarding various purchases. All of our positive reviews were published, but our single, negative review was marked as "Not Approved" in their site and was not published.

Disappointed with you Kinguin :/
Hello,
we are really sorry to hear that you feel that way.
Could you please provide us with the ticket ID or order number that you referring to?
We are looking forward to your reply,
Monika
tahsine
October 28th, 2018
They gave me a refund or a new key if I ever ran into trouble.
Customer Support has always been top notch and today I chat with Edwin I think.
He responded as fast as lightning, I have ADD and I use dexamphetamine so I dislike waiting. I wanted to keep it formal hence why I said "dislike".
bryang95
April 22nd, 2019
Bought a Windows 10 OEM key and windows had a huge issue that didn't allow me to use the phone method to apply the key... The online support walked me through step by step to fix the issues that were windows 10 issues... took a while and I am sure they made no money off of me because of that. This is the second OEM I with them and the first has been working for months with no issues. I have no expatiation that any issue will happen with this one. Totally recommending these folks! - Not including a photo.... because it was just a key....
charlesl283
February 24th, 2019
Keys are legit and great buying experience so far. Has been purchasing from them for over a year now, everything seems fine and delivery of keys are almost on an instant. Keep it up guys!
Thank you!
mounira1
May 23rd, 2019
In general, All sellers can be trusted(With good evaluation), the site is reliable and the support is very cool. I will make more purchases on the website.

thanks kinguin and allkeyshop
nikolaosn1
May 24th, 2019
Exellent
I always get near instant delivery, and I have never experienced any problems.
I from now on only use kingwin when looking to by any new games and softawe
evgeniyg3
December 10th, 2019
Reliable and trustworthy support. They solved some of my questions with the regional restrictions that I received after buying one of the games. They reimbursed the funds that I spent.
josec567
December 27th, 2019
I have been using it for a long time and it is for me the best site to buy games. Best Prices and fast delivery. Very well!!!
todort3
October 20th, 2019
I've been a customer for a few years now and I noticed support tends to answer much more quickly the higher the sum you've paid. But stuff is mega cheap anyway so it's fine. Purchase protection is important, so don't be a scrooge and add that as well, otherwise you may have a bad time if something goes wrong.
torrinm
April 30th, 2019
Charging insurance on purchases is a little dodgy, but if anything does go wrong support is quick to sort it out and make sure you have a positive outcome.
bobb688
February 21st, 2019
They helped me activate windows 10 over the phone. Very helpful customer service. My problem was resolved quickly.
arnaudc3
January 1st, 2019
I ordered a windows licence, and had some issues to activate it. 15 minutes later, with the live chat, and it was solved !!!!

They deserve their 5*, you have to take the "insurance" just to be sure, but it is a no brainer !
dominicw27
October 18th, 2018
This site is somewhat similiar to G2A, except it looks like a scam the first time you see it. However, it isn't as bad as I thought. There are some solid deals on various games and you can really save a good ammount of cash and play your favorite games.
michaelf623
December 5th, 2018
I had some problems with the transaction I authorized in that the cd-key had already been used and Kinguin wanted me to go to their vendor for recourse, rather than through them. I was persistent and didn't have an account with their vendor, and Kinguin eventually refunded my money. I'm not pleased with the transaction as I didn't acquire what I'd purchased, but I'm no longer displeased because my money was refunded.
Dear Michael,
Thank you for leaving your opinion! It means a lot to us.
We would like to apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during the case resolution. In order to review the case again and check the possible solutions we would like to ask you to provide us with the order number.
We hope to be able to clarify all the doubts.
We look forward to you reply.
Best regards,
Margo

Hello! The key for Sid Meier's Civilization V or IV may be used in Steam Client. The activation details are provided in all product pages https://www.kinguin.net/category/4906/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-complete-edition-steam-key/#activation-details. In case of any issues with the products, please contact us and we will help you. Best regards Kinguin Customer Support

By John S.,