Kinguin

Kinguin has a consumer rating of 4.09 stars from 317 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Kinguin also ranks 6th among Video Games Other sites.

• Once, though, I was very glad for their customer support, because one key didn't work.
  • They helped me activate windows 10 over the phone.

• Some of the worst customer service I've ever spoken to.
  • Don't believe the additional scam that if you pay extra for their "buyer protection", you won't get a bad code.
How would you rate Kinguin?

“the best site to buy games”

Jose C.
12/27/19

I have been using it for a long time and it is for me the best site to buy games. Best Prices and fast delivery. Very well!!!

“Scammers and crooks”

Jack V.
3/20/20

Paid for a key for windows 10 pro - got a key that was already in use! Kinguin wont answer emails and they did not inform me that they would require a multitude of very specific screenshots if there was a problem! They will not own the problem and will not refund my $65 so just a waste Don't get conned by these scammers - don't waste your money there!

customer service (42) buyer protection (16) customer support (16) windows 10 (20) support team (9) game keys (6) support agent (8) instant delivery (5) 10 minutes (5) support person (4) great site (5) 5 minutes (6)
jackv119
March 20th, 2020
Paid for a key for windows 10 pro - got a key that was already in use!
They will not own the problem and will not refund my $65 so just a waste
Don't get conned by these scammers - don't waste your money there!
Hello,
thank you for letting us know about the issue.
Please note that this error usually means that the key should be activated via phone. This method is also recommended in activation details.
If your case is still not solved, we will be happy to assist you.
benjaminj63
November 24th, 2019
I absolutely love the universal sizing! It has never let me down and has always worked for me. Brilliant!
tylerb286
March 26th, 2020
Bought a copy of Office 2019 Home and Student. Key was already used. Their support has not responded after I sent screenshots and Paypal will not refund my purchase.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

Hello,
we are sorry to hear about your negative experience.
We would like to help you to solve the issue, please provide us with the ticket ID or order number.
Furthermore, please note that such cases should be successfully resolved with phone activation.
Looking forward to your reply,
josec567
December 27th, 2019
sarytas
April 18th, 2020
Got a key that doesn't work, company asked for screenshots as proof, I have now sent them three times and they still haven't given me my money back. Have had to go through PayPal, am preparing to have to fight over this for months. Really wish they would just admit their mistake and refund me. Will happily revise this review if/when that happens.
rc368
April 25th, 2020
Purchased a game key from here and it does not work. Their customer service is even worse and will not respond to you in a timely manner. They'll ask for information that is irrelevant and will not refund your money. Their supposed buyer's guarantee is BOGUS. STAY AWAY

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE AT ALL COSTS

peterp548
April 13th, 2020
Wanted to buy a steam key , got epic games key
pm`d support.
first they offer refund if i show them screenshots of my accounts.
then telling me theres no refund.
then after paypal claim telling me its "impossible" that i payed for a steam key and got an epic key
protecting scammy sellers -> stay away
jamesl1288
February 16th, 2020
Paid almost $50 for a Windows key. It did not work. They won't refund my money. PayPal won't do anything about it.. Stay away, spend your money with a reputable company.
Hello,
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the encountered difficulties.
We do understand the inconvenience you have faced and we will be more than happy to assist you.
In order for us to be able to address the case, however, please share your ticket ID or order number with us.
Tony
dankwartd
January 12th, 2020
I have had a really bad experience with this company.

I have ordered key for two games here a long time ago, I even paid for buyer protection.

After my purchase I got a message that those games were added to my Kinguin Game Library where I thought they where safe since they never informed that any risk of the keys getting invalid existed - that's what I had paid extra buyer protection for.

Now, after a long time struggling with a disease I am getting slowly back into life and so also into gaming - but those keys I bought don't work and kinguin refuses to replace them - despite buyer protection, despite not having properly informed that any risk existed with that purchase.

I did provide any information they wanted but they say they can't clear it up and therefore wouldn't replace the keys ... well, thanks for nothing, I learned that I'm not the only one experiencing this with the "buyer protection". Their position is: "The Buyer Protection which you purchased does not guarantee you that you will recieve the replacement or refund." - well they should tell you *before* you buy!

With that slap into my face I can only advise to choose one of the attractive alternatives when buying games on the net.
Hello,
We are truly sorry to hear about your negative experience with our website and support.
We will try to amend it, however, in order for us to be able to address the issue in detail, please provide us with your order number.
Tony
thomask567
January 3rd, 2020
Kinguin is going down the drain since 2018, the company made some really bad financial decisions and is now making their sellers pay for their mistakes, if you are a game-seller stay off that site, you wont get payed for your efforts, Kinguin doesn't give a $#*! about you and the other sellers and act like it was normal.

Keys that are sold on Kinguin.net are NEVER, I repeat never actually from Kinguin themselves, sellers like me are those who sell keys via their platform, if a key is bad or theres any kind of restrictions Kinguin makes us sellers responsable for it, they act as they and the buyer were always right, as a seller you are scum to them, they just exploit you and make you wait for nothing at all...

One of the worst comanies I had to work with...
ivans109
October 23rd, 2019
• Updated review
The prices shown are without taxes and the products are then taxed in the cart. This is a waste of time and it's an unfair practice, sanctioned within the European Union.
What rating can be given to those who violate the regulations?

Ref:
Directive 2005/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 May 2005 concerning unfair business-to-consumer commercial practices in the internal market
Hello,
we are really sorry to hear that you feel that way.
Every customer is obliged to choose their own tax region during the checkout.
In this case, the tax is not included in the prices as every region is different.
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
Have a nice day,
Awesome support!
January 29th, 2019
• Previous review
Every time I contact the support, even for a little doubt, they respond quickly and in the right way. Also I have never had any problem with the sale of keys or with their purchase.

Of those I've tried, this is the only reliable keys store with private resellers. Recommended!
entaroa
December 1st, 2019
Been selling games on that platform since 2014. In 2018 they started to impose a waiting time of 2 months for payouts (used to be 1 month), and when you actually click on payout they still make you wait weeks, eventually months before they perform a simple payout. The company appears to have financial problems which is reflected in the payouts, for me personally this is a joke and I'm not able to sell as I'm used to cause this people steal us sellers money for their own shady business practices and investments, they are working with our money without our consent which is illegal imo.
Bad site, bad service, shady business practices and VERY VERY disappoining customer service they got (they just turn off LiveChat when they feel like it), I don't recommend anyone to buy anything on the even I am a seller myself...
dexstarpandad
May 4th, 2020
ok this site has to be the worse than
UPDATE can you answer me and stop ignoring me please so much of 24/7 support that is deceiving customers support been very crappy im angry now 19/4/20

ok this site has to be the worse than gamivo and eneba i thought they were bad but g2play.net+kinguin are the worse so much of 24/7 support i have sent several messages im being ignored i hate that bought the sims 3 thinking it was base game but went to redeem on orgin account came up 70 80 90s add on instead i didn't confirm as still redeemable for next customer

please respond order id S48I96AC806C bought from DigitKeys theres no where to contact this seller direct very wrong they should be allowed to sell wrong products this company should be checking on their sellers

WHAT'S THE BETTING THAT SITE WILL SAY DUE TO THE Covid-19 THEIRS HEAVY TRAFFIC BUT THAT IS JUST AN EXCUSE TO NOT PROVIDE THE SUPPORT TO CUSTOMERS I UNDERSTAND THEIRS AN EPIDEMIC GOING ON BUT THATS NO EXCUSE AS SITES ADVERTISES 24/7 SUPPORT TO CUSTOMERS WHO ARENT GETTING THE FULL SERVICE

PLEASE RESPOND STOP IGNORING ME TY ITS RUDE UNHELPFUL AND PLAIN IGNORANT UNACCEPTABLE
danielf239
December 12th, 2018
I've got like 17 games from this site, 2 of them, the code has already been used.
Luckily the support works pretty fast so they got me a working key after a few hours.
Dear Daniel,
Thank you very much for your opinion.
We are sorry that some of the keys you received from us appeared to be faulty. We would like to thank you for contacting us and reporting the problem, this way we were able to check it and provide you with an appropriate solution.
We hope that the situation will never repeat.
See you soon!
raduc6
April 2nd, 2019
I bought a Windows 10 + Office 2016 bundle. The office key stopped working after 2 months. They offered a refund of 8 euros on their platform while a replacement key costs 26 euros. They said that's the most they can do. No, thank you!
Hello,
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
We would like to explain the issue which you experienced. The purchased product was sold in the bundle which contained 3 products therefore, we offered 1/3 refund of the price. However, Customer Satisfaction is very important to us, we decided to refund 50% of the price. We are really sorry about the issue, the appropriate Team already contacted you via ticket. Please make sure to check it.
Kind regards
gabrielp50
December 24th, 2018
They are holding 700+ Euro by force that I've added them in time using PSC.
While I was adding via "Add Balance" they didn't asked me anything,
they accepted my money all good. Once I wanted to order something they
suspended my account and asked me proof or purchase on something that
clearly can be only bought offline via Kiosk & Postal Offices.

Tip for consumers: Never use this platform, you better on G2A

Dear Gabriel,
thank you for voicing your concern.
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced in regard to that situation. We care a lot for our customers and do our best to guarantee the safety of all the purchases made in our store. We would like to assure you that our team works hard to clarify the case and our intention is to make sure, that all the transactions are authorized. From time to time it requires additional actions on our end.
We hope that this issue will be resolved quickly and efficiently. Remember, that our support agents are available via LiveChat around the clock and will be more than happy to assist you.
evgeniyg3
December 10th, 2019
Reliable and trustworthy support. They solved some of my questions with the regional restrictions that I received after buying one of the games. They reimbursed the funds that I spent.
nickp164
April 2nd, 2019
I bought 5 random steam keys for £5, but upon receiving them I changed my mind and wanted a refund (note that I did not redeem the codes). I talked with tech support and in under 10 minutes I received my full refund (minus the buyer protection, but that's in the T&Cs of the service) without any hassle and with great help from Michal. I have been using Kinguin for more than 6 years and I always am extremely happy with their system and support.
jasonh414
May 3rd, 2019
Terrible customer service. Key did not work. And no help from them. Don't buy from here. Hidden fees at checkout

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from here

Hello Jason,
We are really sorry about any issue you experienced.
Could you please be so kind and provide us with the ticket ID/order number? Our Team will take care of the case right away.
We hope to hear from you soon.
Kind regards
sw232
January 15th, 2019
Bought Win10 software, got a code says it's already used. Total Scam.
The rep was very rude too. Don't use it.
Hello,
thank you for sharing your opinion!
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you might have experienced in regard to the key activation issue and our customer support.
Since we cannot find your order or account, we would like to ask you to provide us with it or contact us again on LiveChat. We will review the case once again and check what we can do to help.
We hope that the case will be clarified soon.
We look forward to hearing from you!
seddikim
September 20th, 2018
worst site asked for tons of info then closed ticket without explanation beware when sending your info to this site g2a is 100 better you just register and you can start selling
edit : yeah of course after all the info i gave i had to use the gdpr to force you to delete everything and im not sure you did you still left me waiting a few days who knows if you sold the data to some company before deleting it
Dear Seddiki,
thank you very much for reaching out to us in regard to that inconvenience.
We are sorry that you are not satisfied with how the case was handled. Unfortunately we were not able to track you in our system. Since we wold like to review the case and check what went wrong, we would like to ask you to contact us on LiveChat (we are available 24/7).
We hope to hear from you soon!
With regards,
todort3
October 20th, 2019
I've been a customer for a few years now and I noticed support tends to answer much more quickly the higher the sum you've paid. But stuff is mega cheap anyway so it's fine. Purchase protection is important, so don't be a scrooge and add that as well, otherwise you may have a bad time if something goes wrong.
dastanb
October 18th, 2019
I think they will get better. The payment options, variety of the goods and bonuses are much better than g2a provides. Definitely will deal with them more.
ilans10
July 15th, 2019
I had ordered a buy and play season pass. Long story short I got a code that was already registered to someone else account. I contacted customer support and they told me they could offer me a refund if I provided screenshots of it not working in email. I added full proof with screenshots yet they continue to say it works, when it doesn't. Ive ordered before from this company twice and I know what would work and this didn't. They also felt like threatening me in email to cancel my PayPal case for the expired/used code with their "legal department" to cancel it, and were super unhelpful in general. They denied me a refund for the bad code several times even with proof of full screenshots of the codes not working. Beware of this company selling fake/used codes there will be no way to get your money back unless you charge back with your bank.
Hello,
We are very sorry to hear about your issue.
Rest assured that our support team will do it’s best to help you!. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find your account in our store. Therefore we would like to ask if you could provide us with your order/ticket number?
We remain at your service 24/7.
Minia
ricardos86
October 28th, 2018
Bought a FIFA 19 key 1 month ago, I'm cooperating but they always ask for something more in the hoppe I give up and they try to force me to close the paypal case!!!!!
Dear Ricardo,
we are sorry that you have encountered issues with your key!
We would be grateful if you could provide us with the order number or contact us on LiveChat, we will check the case once again and check for all the possibilities. We would like to assure you that the case will be resolved and that our team will make their best to compensate you for the inconvenience.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Margo

Hello! The key for Sid Meier's Civilization V or IV may be used in Steam Client. The activation details are provided in all product pages https://www.kinguin.net/category/4906/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-complete-edition-steam-key/#activation-details. In case of any issues with the products, please contact us and we will help you. Best regards Kinguin Customer Support

By John S.,