Kinguin

Kinguin has a consumer rating of 3.83 stars from 348 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Kinguin most frequently mention customer service, live chat and many games. Kinguin ranks 4th among Video Games Other sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 6 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 6.3%

• Had an error with the activation, customer service responded fast, was quick and easy.

• I demanded a refund as this violates their terms and I purchased the buyer protection, they jerked me around for weeks.
How would you rate Kinguin?

“What is the issue.”

Hen K.
9/21/20

The issue stands from the point that no one bothers to leave a review only if it's a bad one. A lot of the reviews basically are complaints. Those are not reviews by the way, and this isn't either. I bought a LOT of games and only got fooled once, but it was already sketchy so i didn't complain. Victor Vran was incredibly cheap, and so i got burned, but other than that, they were always 100%. Always buy from trusted users inside the website. Always.

“They sold me a stolen license”

Talor A.
1/15/21

I bought an ESET Internet Security license from them for two years, after three months the license stopped going through claiming the license already in used. After an inquiry it turns out the license is registered on other computer. I was able to contact with the owner and he told me they sold me a stolen license. I opened inquiries about the issue in their customer service. For now, they are not answering.

customer service (42) buyer protection (17)
talora
January 15th, 2021

Dont buy from them!!!

Products used:
ESET Internet Security Key (2 Years / 1 PC)

jackv119
March 20th, 2020

Paid for a key for windows 10 pro - got a key that was already in use!
Kinguin wont answer emails and they did not inform me that they would require a multitude of very specific screenshots if there was a problem!
They will not own the problem and will not refund my $65 so just a waste
Don't get conned by these scammers - don't waste your money there!

Hello,
Thank you for letting us know about the issue.
Please note that this error usually means that the key should be activated via phone. This method is also recommended in activation details.
If your case is still not solved, we will be happy to assist you.

tylerb286
March 26th, 2020

Bought a copy of Office 2019 Home and Student. Key was already used. Their support has not responded after I sent screenshots and Paypal will not refund my purchase.

Don't.

Products used:
None, products I bought a key for were already redeemed.

Hello,
We are sorry to hear about your negative experience.
We would like to help you to solve the issue, please provide us with the ticket ID or order number.
Furthermore, please note that such cases should be successfully resolved with phone activation.
Looking forward to your reply,

henk2
September 21st, 2020

Always buy from trusted users inside the website. Always.

martind55
December 25th, 2020
Verified purchase

I purchased a steam key on kinguin.net. It was stated to be invalid in the steam app. I have contacted kinguin numerous times and have received no response at all. So, I am effectively out this money - there is no recourse. I have had to dispute at paypal and with my credit card. My recommendation is to avoid this site if you value your time and if you don't want to enter into a long dispute process. This business is unreliable and sells invalid items. Zero stars. Avoid this site.

UPDATE: 12/30/20 - received refund. However, this was only after a lot of time and effort spent starting on 12/17. If the site would communicate more promptly a lot of the negative experience could be improved.

Tip for consumers:
Don't be tempted by the low prices - they are "too good to be true".

Products used:
Can't use the CD Key - it is invalid.

Dear Martin,
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our Support Team.
Our store has been experiencing highly increased traffic and we are doing our best to reach all our customers as soon as possible. We hope to lower the waiting time soon.
We would like to reassure you that we sell valid keys, and any key proven to be invalid is either refunded or replaced. We never leave our customer without a reply, although it might be necessary to wait a couple of days for it. We are very sorry about the inconvenience caused!

roym321
January 2nd, 2021

Paid for a Microsoft Office activation code. Received one that didn't work. Thought they would send another. Instead, they wanted me to delete the official version of Office and download from some suspect cite. Knowing that's an invitation for viruses and spyware, I declined and asked for a refund. They offered a store credit. I've contacted my credit card company to contest the charge. These people are not reputable, let alone honorable.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away. It's not worth it.

Products used:
Wound up buying a legitimate version of Microsoft Office through Costco.

Dear Roy,
Firstly, we would like to reassure you that the website we have sent you is verified and the links take you to the Office official website. We just wanted to make sure that you have the correct version installed. The safety of our customers and their data is our top priority!
If your case has not been solved yet, we will be happy to help you. However, we will need your order number to do that. Could you please send it to us?

johns7907
January 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

Kinguin.net is NOT legit. The office key I purchased did NOT work. Not only that, I tried to contact them multiple times and they not respond at all. Nothing. Sure... they use language on the site that will put you at ease with your purchase, but the words are not true. You will lose your money, and be dismissed. Period. (that is my experience with Kinguin.net).

DO NOT USE!

Products used:
None, as they do not work

feratd
September 28th, 2020

I bought 6 and later 12 fifa points keys and i have only recived the 6, the other 12 is on hold they told me to send a picture of my documentation and write a letter with my order number and i did that but havent gotten any responds since please help me since i need them before 1 october since after i cant activate becasue fifa 21 is getting released please help me my order number is #S1IFB28DF67

Dear Ferat,

We are sincerely sorry for all the inconvenience caused. As we can see, your order should be dispatched by now and the ticket updated, could you please check your inbox?

In case of any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

fucko26
September 28th, 2020

Purchased a code from the site that was already used/redeemed. Contacted support and was very patient in giving them ludicrous amount of information they requested. After more than 10 days - they still refuse to refund me or replace the purchase with an active key. Beyond fraudulent.

Hello,

We are sincerely sorry to hear that and for the delay caused by increased traffic on our site.

Could you please provide us your order/ticket ID to take care of the case asap?

ericg729
November 25th, 2020

I'd never use Kinguin again!
I'm all for a bargain but their not worth it. 1st, while advertising Office 10 for $34, at check out they add 2 BS fees and the price goes to around $41. But worst, their access code did not work! I tried all 3 ways they suggested before reaching out to their Customer Service. Initial response was reasonably timely, 1/2 a day maybe, but instructions were not clear so I wrote asking clarification questions. After no response I had to hire a tech at $80 to get it to work. More cost than just buying from recognized places for $100, plus delay and aggravation! I'd give a 0 stars if I could!

Dear Eric,

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your needs.

First of all, we are truly sorry for the issue in the first place. Installation of software might be not too straightforward and contain a few traps on the way there. We review our guidelines periodically, trying to hit the right balance between streamlined and comprehensive.

Second of all, our team sincerely apologizes for the delay with the response to your ticket. We are currently experiencing increased traffic, which sadly impacts our capacity to respond on time. Rest assured that it was never our intention to leave you hanging. What is more, if there are still issues with your purchase, feel free to message us directly here with the order number or ticket ID and we will check your case without any delays. As you are a valued customer, we will be happy to assist you further.

Tony

sarytas
April 18th, 2020

Got a key that doesn't work, company asked for screenshots as proof, I have now sent them three times and they still haven't given me my money back. Have had to go through PayPal, am preparing to have to fight over this for months. Really wish they would just admit their mistake and refund me. Will happily revise this review if/when that happens.

benjaminj63
November 24th, 2019

I absolutely love the universal sizing! It has never let me down and has always worked for me. Brilliant!

rc368
April 25th, 2020

Purchased a game key from here and it does not work. Their customer service is even worse and will not respond to you in a timely manner. They'll ask for information that is irrelevant and will not refund your money. Their supposed buyer's guarantee is BOGUS. STAY AWAY

DO NOT USE THIS SITE AT ALL COSTS

Products used:
Did not use any of their products because this site is full of FRAUD

romanj14
December 27th, 2020

I buy key for dlc Dead by daylight=Strangers this from seller Global Games he send me duplicate code when i write him ask me on date and time from steam support... I send him screenshot from steam and he say this code i used but steam support say its used on another region and steam account... be really care full Global Games seller on Kinguin its poor scamer

Dlc key

Dear Roman,
We would kindly like to notice that both we and the merchant have checked the key and it was activated 6 minutes after you purchased it. Steam always gives their activation dates in PST time zone, hence the seeming difference. However, we are sure that the key was not used when we sent it to you, and therefore, your report had to be rejected. Please check your ticket for further information.

arkadiuszi
January 10th, 2021

Avoid. Not worth your money
KWTVGHJD8LK
Avoid.
I've purchased Guild Wars 2 code which doesn't work and Kinguin sided with the seller, refusing a refund or any solution. Proof can be uploaded on request.

07.01.2020 Update

"Dear Buyer,

Please, accept our most sincere apology for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we cannot assist you with this issue any further.

Please, accept this 10% discount code as compensation for the inconvenience: #####-###########

Should any questions or doubts arise, please feel free to contact us.

Karlito"

Latest reply from Kinguin.

First, they sold me a product that doesn't work and now they don't want to refund me the money but giving me a code to make another purchase. It's like buying again from someone who already cheated you and took your money away from you.

Customer service close to zero.

Closing account and never buying anything from them again.

And that is a final thought - AVOID KINGUIN, if something goes wrong their warranty is not worth a penny, you are getting nothing.

Tip for consumers:
Avoid, not worth your money. If something goes wrong there is no help but generic replies from the customer service.

Computer games

joec1089
September 22nd, 2020

Worst experience ever! I tried several keys and nothing works on it. Save you money and buy a real key from anywhere else!

Hello Joe,
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the situation.
Could you please send us your order/ticket ID to take care of the case asap and proceed with the refund?

christinav263
March 12th, 2021

After confirming my region with the website as USA they proceeded to sell me a key with an Australia coding... Naturally I was unable to use the key so I contacted them... They directed me to the third party seller "HungerGames" (real original right?) who then started to speak in another language... When I made it clear I could not understand him, he started to respond in broken english basically telling me, it was my fault for buying a bad key, they consider the matter closed and to take it up with kinguin... So I escalated the issue back to kinguin, within a day I received a response telling me they would put the key up for resale and only once/if they sold it would I receive a refund... I grudgingly agreed what choice did I have... Now here OVER A WEEK LATER I just received an email telling me they have finally put it back up for resale and for me to be patient while someone hopefully buys it so I can get a refund... SCAM!

Tip for consumers:
DONT!! Try HRK games... They sold me a REAL and WIRKING key for a decent discount!

NONE, It was a scam!!

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered. We would like to inform you, that since you mistakenly bought a product for the wrong region, we offered you a suitable solution and acted according to our procedures. We would like to ask you for a little patience regarding that matter and assure you, that your order will be refunded.

Garfield

hansw23
June 22nd, 2020

I bought a UPlay key for Anno 1800 but received a key for Anno 2205. I immediately contacted the support by opening a ticket. They ignored me and did not respond to my ticket. I contacted the seller using the feedback function. He also ignored me.
I opened a dispute with PayPal and hope they will give me my money back.
This site is a scam! DO NOT BUY HERE!

Hello,
Please accept our sincere apologies about this issue. Could you please provide us with the ticket ID or order number? We will do our best to solve your issue.

kristeld2
July 28th, 2020

Bought death strandling. They promised instant delivery. Nothing after 11 hours.
Opened a ticket they replied they will give me their useless credits for my 42 euros. Still no game code.
Had to open a dispute with Paypal to hopefully get my money

STAY AWAY

Hello Kristel,
We are really sorry to hear about your issue.
Unfortunately, in some cases, we are not able to provide you with the game key.
Please provide us with the order number or ticket ID that we can check the case.

uniontownp
August 6th, 2019

Not a good experience. The extra, premium Buyer protection was purchased but useless. We *completely* followed their demands (screenshot after screenshot provided, etc.) but Kinguin refused even a partial refund. We are hoping to never do business with Kinguin in the future.

Also, we submitted 6 positive reviews and 1 negative review regarding various purchases. All of our positive reviews were published, but our single, negative review was marked as "Not Approved" in their site and was not published.

Disappointed with you Kinguin :/

Hello,
We are really sorry to hear that you feel that way.
Could you please provide us with the ticket ID or order number that you referring to?
We are looking forward to your reply,

lisat981
January 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

Do not trust them thy do not resolve your issue they take for ever to get back to you and will not let you speak to a human

research before you buy

non it did not work

Dear Lisa,
We are very sorry to hear that your key does not work. We will be happy to assist you and solve the case, but we will need your order number to do so. Could you please provide us with it?

liamt35
March 7th, 2021

I placed an order about 24 hours ago and it has been proccessing since, I opened a support ticket and i have not received any sort of response at all, Its as if they dont care.
I was told it would only take up to 15 minutes for my key to be generated so i feel as if this site is a scam
S6BY7XK14RG this is my order key and I am looking for a refund or access to the bitskin keys i bought
Support Ticket ID: QOF-27862

Dont use it!!!!!

Products used:
None i didnt receive any

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear about the issue you encountered. Despite increased traffic, our Verification Team always tries to reach every customer as soon as possible.
Please be informed, that the matter has been already resolved and we issued a refund for the order in question. Additionally, after a successful verification process, we dispatched another order that you contacted us about through our ticketing system. Your ticket has been updated as well. Please, check it in your free time.

Garfield

charlesj422
August 6th, 2020

They sent me the wrong CD Key, ignored the complaint for days, then requested personal information from my Steam account. It didn't seem related to the product, which they could verify hadn't been redeemed. It just came off like they were trying to mine data from customers.

Dear Charles,
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the situation and the delay.
Could you please send us your ticket/order ID to take care of the case asap and proceed with the refund?

josek51
November 5th, 2020

Super fast delivery and low price! I was looking for a low price because I wasn't sure if I'd like the game. It turned out the game was exactly what I expected, thumbs up for Kinguin!

markusm32
October 10th, 2020

As long as the key works, everything is fine. Only if suddenly the key does not work and you need support, it will be catastrophic. No reaction, you play dead. Never again! Fortunately with Paypal paid, there the buyer protection takes effect.

Hello,

Thank you for raising that issue. We are truly sorry for the encountered difficulties.

We do understand the inconvenience you have faced, and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Please share your order number and you will be contacted via our ticketing system.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Pablo

Hello! The key for Sid Meier's Civilization V or IV may be used in Steam Client. The activation details are provided in all product pages https://www.kinguin.net/category/4906/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-complete-edition-steam-key/#activation-details. In case of any issues with the products, please contact us and we will help you. Best regards Kinguin Customer Support