Kinguin

Kinguin has a consumer rating of 4.04 stars from 323 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Kinguin also ranks 6th among Video Games Other sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 16 days

• Once, though, I was very glad for their customer support, because one key didn't work.
  • They helped me activate windows 10 over the phone.

• Some of the worst customer service I've ever spoken to.
  • Don't believe the additional scam that if you pay extra for their "buyer protection", you won't get a bad code.
How would you rate Kinguin?

“The best site to buy games”

Jose C.
12/27/19

I have been using it for a long time and it is for me the best site to buy games. Best Prices and fast delivery. Very well!

“Scammers and crooks”

Jack V.
3/20/20

Paid for a key for windows 10 pro - got a key that was already in use! Kinguin wont answer emails and they did not inform me that they would require a multitude of very specific screenshots if there was a problem! They will not own the problem and will not refund my $65 so just a waste Don't get conned by these scammers - don't waste your money there!

customer service (42) buyer protection (16) customer support (16) windows 10 (20) support team (9) support agent (8) instant delivery (6) game keys (6) 2 months (5) 10 minutes (5) support person (4) great site (5)
uniontownp
August 6th, 2019
Not a good experience. The extra, premium Buyer protection was purchased but useless. We *completely* followed their demands (screenshot after screenshot provided, etc.) but Kinguin refused even a partial refund. We are hoping to never do business with Kinguin in the future.

Also, we submitted 6 positive reviews and 1 negative review regarding various purchases. All of our positive reviews were published, but our single, negative review was marked as "Not Approved" in their site and was not published.

Disappointed with you Kinguin :/
Hello,
We are really sorry to hear that you feel that way.
Could you please provide us with the ticket ID or order number that you referring to?
We are looking forward to your reply,
Monika
marks2974
September 17th, 2020
I paid for a key of Office 2019 Professional Plus, so a little more than your typical key. I immediately had issues and used every solution offered. Their response time has been awful. I activated the product on Saturday and didn't receive a response until Friday. Almost five business days and then just before another weekend to guarantee more waiting! Next reply also took a few days.

The key did not work through Microsoft's Office activation website and initially error-ed out when trying to send the key through the Office software. This provided a lot of doubt as to the legitimacy of the key.

Another thing they offered was to use PowerISO, which was completely irrelevant when Windows Explorer opens the. Img file provided and mounts it as a disk just fine. So of course I wasted a bit of time verifying the trustworthiness of that software (and making sure I didn't have to pay) and used it's trial to get the same effect.

I did finally get the product working with a Registry Edit following this support post from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-error-code-0x80070005-when-activating-office-7aa7600f-df57-4aef-81d2-25509c66f865

They provided this solution, but the problem here is that Microsoft's instructions are incomplete. "NETWORK SERVICE" does not appear by default. Therefore you have to press "Add" > "Select a principal" then type "NETWORK SERVICE" exactly (without quotes, but with a space) and click "check names" to be sure it works. Give it "Full control". Press OK. Check the "Replace all child object..." while "NETWORK SERVICE" is selected. Press OK. An error will come up, but it should have worked. After that point "Unlicensed Product" no longer showed up. I'm not sure why this solution was required.

I still cannot recommend the site due to slow response and general shadiness but it does not appear to be a complete scam.
Hello Mark,
We are sincerely sorry to hear about your problem. Please also accept our apologies for the delay caused by increased traffic on our site.
Could you please provide us with your order/ticket ID to help you solve the case asap?

Kind regards,
Virgie
andreaf117
October 25th, 2018
I looked for a product on the Kinguin.net website and was heavily discounted compared to the competition. I bought the product but in the end I received nothing, or rather, a guide to use the product that I could not use. I asked for help from the customer service that helped me right away, the seller was not heard and customer support, after sending all appropriate content, sent me a refund. Now we wait 5 days to have a happy ending.
Dear Andrea,
Thank you for sharing your opinion! It means a lot to us.
Please accept our apologies for the issue. We would like to assure you that we do our best to avoid the situations of that kind and we hope that they will not happen in the future. We are very glad that the issue is resolved already and that you were refunded. If you have any other questions or requests in the future, do not hesitate to contact us. Our agents will be happy to assist you.
Kind regards,
Margo
josepht243
March 11th, 2019
When I buy something from a discount website like this I expect there are the potential for issues. The concept isn't a scam, bulk keys are things that exists and sometimes distributor's will sell them like any old stock in a brick and mortar store, or a large business that bought hundreds of keys to use goes belly up and they get sold in liquidation. This website uses other sellers and aren't directly responsible when something goes wrong. Sometimes these sellers don't know a key was already used before they got the lot. Sometimes they are just nefarious and sell illegitimate keys. I'm not faulting them for the fact that bad keys get sent out. The nature of these this type of business means that it will happen. They offer a buyer protection for just that situation. My problem with this website is how they handle that buyer protection. I bought a key and tried to use it right away only to have issues. I filed a claim with support right then, not even 30 minutes after my initial order. 2 days later I hadn't heard back so I decided to contact support chat to see what kind of response I should expect. They claimed that they could resolve the issues in chat but needed more information. Because I was at work and the computer in question at home my problem is still not resolved. If my situation could be followed up with so quickly why did I have to track them down in the chat to get a solution? When I've paid explicitly for purchase protection and say I have a problem, I should be met with a swift response.

Edit: They did resolve the problem in chat. It took about 10 minutes (if that) but I still maintain my low score. If an issue could be resolved in a chat that quickly then it shouldn't have taken 2 days to get a response to my ticket. All support methods should offer similar levels of quality. I shouldn't have to know to go to that chat rather than the ticket system to get service.
Dear Joseph,

Thank you very much for your review.

Indeed, we are a platform where different merchants can sell various products. In order to sell on our site it is necessary to send an application and provide us with some information we verify, to be sure that the keys derive from legal sources.

We are aware that sometimes the keys happen to be faulty, however please note, that we are available on our 24/7 LiveChat and via tickets, ready to assist. Kinguin Buyer Protection gives some privileges, buy even if you decide not to purchase it, we are here to help. We do our best to resolve the problems as soon and swiftly as possible.

Since the decisions we make regard the products sold by our merchants, and not by us directly, we need to investigate each and every case with details, to be sure what causes the problem and report it. Moreover, some issues are caused by server errors and we need to check if it's still possible to activate the product. Hence, we need some data and some screenshots to check what went wrong.

We are sorry if you experienced inconveniences in regard to your purchase. We would like to assist you and we hope that our next conversation on LiveChat will lead us to positive solution of the case.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Margo
conorm18
February 24th, 2018
Some of the worst customer service I've ever spoken to. I bought a couple of Office keys that were already activated. An hour and twenty minutes on webchat to get the support agent to acknowledge that "valid key" does not fix the issue of a valid key that has already been activated.
I used them a lot before this and the keys were always good for games, but now I'm a bit unsure they can be trusted.

Oh also, I forgot to mention. I'd sent a report to paypal, they'd contacted Kinguin and both my orders were marked "refunded." But when I spoke to Kinguin on webchat to check how long it would take, the support agent told me that in this context "refunded" did not mean "refunded." It meant sometime in the next 20 days someone would take a look at my report.
Dear Conor,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experienced situation.
We would like to inform you that the refund has been already sent and you will receive your funds as soon as the payment method operator processes it.

We also want to clarify the confusion connected to the "refunded" status.
This message is displayed when the funds are taken from us by the payment method operator even if it doesn't reach you.
We are aware that this may cause misunderstandings and we want to apologize for it.

Best regards,
Monica
donovana6
March 30th, 2018
Be careful when you buy from the marketplace. They DO oversell keys and you will not be able to register or activate your product. Rather go directly to the official source when buying your product.
Hello,
Thank you for your review.
As you have mentioned, we are a marketplace, and as such, we do not hold control over our merchants' stock. If they do however make a mistake and someone purchases already used key we always do our best to resolve the issue in favor of the customer.
If you have any questions regarding that matter feel free to contact us anytime via our LiveChat.
With regards,
Hans

Hello! The key for Sid Meier's Civilization V or IV may be used in Steam Client. The activation details are provided in all product pages https://www.kinguin.net/category/4906/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-complete-edition-steam-key/#activation-details. In case of any issues with the products, please contact us and we will help you. Best regards Kinguin Customer Support