Review of Kiehl's

Tel: 1-800-543-4572
customerservice@kiehls.com

victoriah126
12/20/18

I loved their products, but their are plenty of other good ones out there. Very frustrating check out system. In a world where everything is online, how do they not maintain their website?!

Their "Live Chat" doesn't seem to be working either.

melissaj159
11/26/18

They say easy returns for bad products, well every product I've tried has been disappointing or irritated my skin. And yet, I can never get my now $100+ back, I just accumulate more store credit. This all started because the employees make you jump through hoops to do a return and change the "store policy" depending on how they feel. Well guess what the products are poor quality and smell like chemicals. You could get more nourishment from drugstore products. The packaging is ugly cheap plastic. Their products contain parabens and who knows what else. All of this makes the high pricing on these items a total joke. Add that to the ignorant car salesman employees and poor customer service? You get a company that needs to be out of business. Btw if you actually like these products, buy from anywhere but Kiehls directly. You get much better sales and customer service. Props to Sephora.

melanief52
8/14/18

HORRIBLE customer service. I have been a loyal customer since 2006, but no more. I'm sick of putting up with their crap.

I have tried FIVE times to write a review on their website of a new product, and each time it's been rejected, claiming that it did not meet their "guidelines". God forbid I give an honest, detailed review that a product gave me bumps on my skin!!! Each review I tried to make sound nicer than the last, and in the most recent one, it hardly sounds like I'm criticizing the product at all.

But here it is for all to see.

KIEHL'S constantly discontinues products. I (along with numerous other ladies, whose reviews somehow made it up) was a big fan of the Clearly Corrective Purifying Cleanser. Kiehl's decided to suddenly discontinue it without warning, and "replace" it with an exfoliator. WHO WANTS TO EXFOLIATE EVERY NIGHT?! Well, I gave in and paid the big bucks to try it, and it is AWFUL. Not at all like the previous product. Like I mentioned, it gave me bumps, and my skin feels anything but clean afterward. It leaves a film.

The product has received numerous poor reviews, begging for them to bring back the original. I guess they are afraid that the truth will get out, so they are blocking any more similar reviews, such as my own.

I will stop shopping Kiehl's from now on. I'm sick of them discontinuing items that I love, and further disgusted that they refuse to post anything but a glowing review on their website.

beesiany
4/20/18

My order didn't arrive, and despite chatting with customer service not once but twice (both of whom said that they would replace it my order) - guess what. Still no shipment. My $90 is lost in the wind. NEVER AGAIN.

kiehlsa
1/17/18

Buyer beware when purchasing from Kiehl's (Loreal) e-commerce site. Their way to resolve this issue is to make the customer wait for a claim to be processed by the shipping carrier. The Kiehl's customer service rep will tell you to be available for a call from the shipper as part of the claim process. No one at Kiehl's ever follows up, which means the customer has to keep calling Kiehl's for a status. The best way to handle this is to file a claim with your bank to get the charges reversed. Document/record all of your calls when speaking with Kiehl's. Also, call the shipping carrier directly for a claim status and document/record that call too. Kiehl's is banking on customers to just give up.

trangp2
1/8/18

worst customer services. My order was $50+ so when I checked out, the shipping fee was deducted. I agreed paying a certain price, I reviewed it twice before hitting submit order, and later on got charged with shipping fees. I emailed them and they said shipping would be refunded once the order shipped. When I received the order, still no refund. I emailed them again, here's their response:

We thank you for your business and have replied to this e-mail in
confirmation that this concern has been resolved.

A reply to this message is not necessary. If we can be of any further
assistance, or if you have further inquiries or comments, we invite you
to contact us online at www.Kiehls or at 1800 KIEHLS2
1-800-543-4572

WHAT? There wasn't any refund and they dared to say it was resolved???
There are too many skincare brands with superior product quality and customer services than this.

chloew23
12/31/17

Last order placed on Kiehls.com was 3 years ago. Never worked again after that. I have emailed, called, and spoke to multiple customer service representative. They either blamed it on my card or my bank. Extremely unhelpful

tianshiw
12/22/17

Tried many times. It doesn't work for me.
I have lived at my current address for more than 3 years.

shantal7
12/17/17

Spent hundreds for lousiest over priced products and customer service. At 66 street Columbus ave store, I buy most of my skin care needs. Enough, I will never enter the store again. The place is cold and nasty . Minimum wage, part time sales people with bad attitude.

philipw44
12/6/17

The most horrific customer service on the "chat" on their site. Stay far away from it. Inquired about a product that was not working efficiently and was met with no help, vague answers, was met w/ accusatory remarks, rude statements, it was basically a nightmare. For a high end product that we have been using for 20 plus years, one would think they would hire better staff to accommodate online "e commerce" chat. This is the WORST reflection of their company. Something has to be done. Good people spend money on their products and Kiehl's out-sources some second rate horrifying "online support team" that treats the consumers with such deplorable behavior. Consumers be warned. The online chat is a HUGE joke.

danielc237
12/6/17

Kiehl's products are ok. but the web is so bad. there is no cancel order option. I made a mistake for my order. I can't cancel even they ship my item after 3 days. I want to return
I need pay the shipping fee and also need around 10 days process. And also I only can get the gift card. Never buy Kiehl's online

ruthm107
11/29/17

Shame on Kiehls. I've been a customer for 10+ years but no more. The products are good but there are other good ones out there. They are deceptive advertisers and promoters. They send out an annual promotion for 20% or $20 off your order. You go to place the order and then the promotion is rejected - you can't buy a large size on the promotion. You have to go to the mice type on the site to find this out. BYE BYE KIEHLS.
The customer service is terrible. Again deceptive and greedy. Get your skin care products elsewhere.

michaelw395
11/29/17

Have tried multiple browsers, all of my cards + PayPal, and am still unable to checkout. Contacted customer service and they had no idea what I was talking about when I said I was unable to checkout. Actually unbelievable

kylel64
11/27/17

None of my card works with them while buying on line, Pay Pal does not work either. Customer service just want you to go to a store. Horrible!!

justint75
11/22/17

Tired to use 3 credit cards and paypal to pay for an online order. Website rejected all my credit cards and constantly puts you in a cycle of trying to pay.

cm229
11/20/17

They stole my gift card. I have contacted them for more than 12 times. They just repeated the process again and again. No solution. The manager also did not help.

missf5
9/25/17

Notice that Kiehl's introduces new products 3-4x a year as it eliminates older, reliable ones due to unwillingness to pay for high premium ingredients. New products separate within weeks, turn rancid and are unusable in warmer seasons/climates. Turnaround of products is so frequent, but renamed "new formula" or they're just plain unavailable even though Kiehls continues to advertise & take orders for same. "Since 1851" means the products were made then and still sitting in their run-down warehouse.

ppp6
6/18/17

Purchased online for the past 5 years no problem. Earlier this year their website rejected all my credit cards. I contacted them in February about this issue, they said they'd look into it. On March 30 I pinged them again to see if there was an update and they just replied with a candid sorry we're looking into it... please feel free to go to one of our stores. What century are we living in? If I wanted to go to a store to purchase something I wouldn't endure the online hassle being imposed on me.

jazza2
5/31/17

I have been a loyal customers for the company since 2013. Last week, due to some online ordering issues, I wrote emails to their Customer Service. However, throught emails back and forth, they only said "We recommend you to go to the nearest stores" But that was a Online ordering issues not the issues for product itself. They did not even try to listen. The Customer Service just wanted to avoid issues that I have instead of trying to solve. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.I am done with the Brand and will go for the other brands. I recommend people not to keep support this Brand due to its ignoring attitude toward their customers.

mt112
5/9/17

I just simply recommend you to go to their actual store, not online shopping. I set up my auto replenishment order few years ago. I moved. My billing address changed. So I updated the information with my account. but they stopped shipping the items. But it was ok. The worst part start with their customer service, when I called customer service. I ordered with the representative to resume my auto shipping. I thought. But she failed to order. I called again. and she found that there was no such an order was placed. She finally placed an order after putting me on long hold. But I still have not received any confirmation email yet. Hello, Kiehl's? What is so difficult for you to process one easy order.

carriew41
5/1/17

My Mom ordered a bunch of Kiehls stuff as a gift for me, and it was cancalled for a number of reasons which made no logical sense. What a sweet gift! My Mom means everything to me. We appreciate every moment, especially since she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Order canceled, gift ruined, she sent me the money to try ordering myself. Not yonna do it after reading all of these reviews. I said to Mom, "Wasn't there some debacle with you ordering from them a few years ago?" Yeah. After my Mom had ordered a big bunch of stuff, they accused her of buying it all for the purpose of re-selling the products online. A truly dumb and demoralizing thing to say. Well, Alzheimer's sucks, but daughters remember everything. KIEHLS? L'OREAL? If you're out there reading this, SHUT IT DOWN! TRAIN ALL STAFF properly in customer service and also basic business oprational skills and protocol, hire more people to handle strictly the e-commerce, and you might see some of these reviews start turning up in your favor.

anjalis6
4/26/17

It made me feel much better to find this website and to realize that I am not alone in having been treated terribly by the customer service team at Kiehl's. The website also refused to accept any of my (in good standing) credit cards and yes, after waiting 2 weeks for a "credit review" was told that I would have to go into a store to make my purchases. I was not given any explanation, or any path towards resolution. Their attitude shifted from being helpful when I was "under review" to being obstreperous once I'd been rejected--even though I know I have excellent credit. They wouldn't provide any information whatsoever. I felt blacklisted and really turned off of the brand. And would be curious to know how these "rejections" are skewing--who is making this judgement, and why? Oh, and I've been a repeat (website!!) customer in the past and have a rewards account with them.

Tip for consumers: I would avoid this website at all costs--I would like to send a message to this company by taking my business elsewhere and encourage others to do the same.

nicholel4
4/15/17

I love their products. I love that they consistently have free shipping on orders over $50, that's a good number to work with on their stuff.
They have the best face care. Hands down. It's always on time. Always correct. And the samples always keep me in trying something new.
So awesome.

ingridt7
4/12/17

Like many reviewers have said here, their online store keeps rejecting credit card payments without any sound reasons. It took me two weeks to go through all the frustration others have experienced, from being rejected multiple times with multiple valid cards, customer service agent failing to provide any explanation, lame email contacts, to, finally, a message telling me that there is no way I can pay online and the only solution is to find a local store [read: we don't really care]....I guess I won't be able to buy any of their products online in the rest of my life!!! I wonder if there is any socioeconomic pattern among all customers who are being rejected by Kiehl's? Could there be any racial or geographical profiling involved?

adamj96
3/25/17

Don't even waste your time. Have tried many credit cards and. PayPal no called my bank ...etc just a waste of time

i agreed , if you don't believe it, you can ask your friends for helping , using theirs payments name and address ,go try it

By justin l.

Questions? Get answers from the Kiehl's staff and other customers.

Kiehl's?