Review of IndianRoots

Tel: +1-855-436-0743
care@indianroots.com

anishp3
11/10/16

One of the worst companies I've ever dealt with in buying items online. I was told I'd get a refund for a few sarees I bought in September which they "couldn't procure" due to "high demand" for these products. I still haven't got a refund processed which I will now inform PayPal about.
This company is a fraud they will not send you your items or refunds. Do not buy from them!!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Anish, we sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number to assist you better and resolve the highlighted concern on priority.
mm142
10/15/16

Absolutely unprofessional!
2 orders cancelled. One in August and one in October.
No refunds received for either!
Order Number-100168108 - cancelled in August
Order Number-100173363 - cancelled early October

WHERE IS MY REFUND?

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Mercy, WE sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to share that the refund against order number 100168108 and 100173363 has already been processed into your card account. We will share the refund proof with you on Monday on your registered email id.
Your patience is appreciated.
nupurp
10/10/16

1. Liars. Missed the dispatch date after making multiple promises.
2. Cheap customer service. Don't care to inform you that the order will be delayed. When you ask for the order status, they start the investigation. After multiple days, they acknowledge that "this is just an exception that due to some unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to procure the products within the committed timelines."

How can they take it so easy when the payments were made a month in advance? Maybe their whole business is to keep the payments for the months and not deliver any goods.

Giving a bad name to the "Indian roots".

Tip for consumers: Don't risk paying for anything.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Nupur, We sincerely regret for the delay in the dispatch of the order. The matter has been highlighted to the concerned team, kindly allow us 1 business day to update you the exact status of your order.
Your patience is appreciated.
vaishalig
9/29/16

I have ordered a dress order no.100172693 on 8th of September 2016 and explicitly mentioned that it is urgent and I need it before 30th of Sept.

"Greetings from Indianroots!

We would like to share that, we have already highlighted the urgency of dress with our concerned team, please be assured we will try our best to get the outfit delivered before 27th Sept'16.

Also, kindly allow us 2 business days to share the exact shipping date of your order."

RETURN MY MONEY BACK
No more emails conversations with you cheats. I am raising this in a consumer forum now.

Being a NDTV venture, I assumed you have at least have the audacity to tell me if you are unable to fulfill my order. You promised me a delivery on or before September 27th. Now you do not acknowledge or respond to my emails. It is already so ridiculous that you do not have any phone support in this century. On top of that, your email support is even more off-putting.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Vaishali,
Greetings from Indianroots!
We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you.
As per your request via email, we have cancelled your order and initiated the refund into your card account. It may take 7 business days to process the refund. Once the refund is being done, you will be notified by your corresponding bank.
Your patience is understanding.

dhirendram
9/23/16

We started selling on Indiaroots in January 2016 and executed good numbers of order, over a period of months when we did not get any payment we started following up with their team (ravia@ndtv.com, Divya Kaushik <DivyaK@ndtv.com>,Shivender Singh Jamwal <Shivenderj@ndtv.com> Neeharika Bhatia <NeeharikaB@ndtv.com> )but to the our surprise we got reply from these people that our payment is being delayed due to restructuring and they assured us that in month of May we will get all our payment. Since then we are getting every week a false assurance and new date from these people and still we haven't got our payment. We are following up with these people since May 2016 and today 23rd Sep 2016 still we have no information.

Please if you are selling on indiaroots stop immediate else you will end up with the same situation and will regret selling on such Fraud Company.

NDTV Ethnic Retail Ltd is fraud and unethical company and I'm sure who so ever is heading this company is the most unethical person as everything is happening right under his nose and he has not done anything to improve the situation. They are still selling products on their portal and making their vendors fool.

indianrootsv
9/18/16

I am a vendor for Indianroots since the last 2 years. For the past 1 year, Indianroots is not making any payments to all vendors claiming unavailability of money. For a portal which sells someone else's clothes and takes 100% advance from customers, I wonder how money will be unavailable. ALL vendors have stopped executing orders because they are not being paid for the dresses/clothes they deliver. Caution to customers DO NOT PLACE ORDERS with this bogus NDTV website as no order will ever be fulfilled

rahulp19
9/6/16

I have booked my order on 29th July.
After 17days as per given delivery time they replied it will take a week, after a week replied one more week, till now they are just delaying.

muralip2
8/31/16

Stay away from NDTV's Indian Roots. They are bogus. They collect money by showing merchandise and never deliver. My order is 300051218. I placed a months ago - paid US $ 160. Never received merchandise nor my money refunded. After complain on this site - they cancelled my order but saying they can not refund my money.

Looks like Indian Roots CEO is some kind of drug addict - stealing money from common people.

Wonder after so many people complaints, he is not yet arrested by law enforcement offices in India.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Murali, We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. As per your request we have cancelled your order and initiated the refund. Please be assured your refund will be processed in next 2 business days. Once the refund is being done, You will be notified by your corresponding bank.

deeptir1
8/26/16

The website looks all fancy and has big names which is why I thought this would be a good site to buy from. But after using them I am more than convinced that this company has the worst customer service and reliability. First, the size and description did not match and then out of the 4 pieces I had ordered, I never received one and they kept saying it would arrive in a couple of days. When you want to return a product because of poor sizing and incorrect description they make you go back and forth so many times, that you'll eventually give up and just keep the dress despite knowing that you're never going to wear it...money down the drain!!! Do yourself a favor and stay away. I would give them a negative rating if I could!!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Deepti, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly share your order number to help us resolve the highlighted issue on priority.
ankub
8/18/16

never buy from them.
I bought a saree which looked so much better on the website, but it was so dull when I saw it....returned. the balance which I got was in a form of a voucher which can't be used with the sale they have. I don't understand the correlation. it was my money which I had paid, y can't it be combined with the sale offer. every other website has this facility. Big time cheats!! over priced stuff....can't even think of buying without sale. I made a mistake....you should'nt.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Anku, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly share your order number to help us resolve the highlighted issue on priority.
teamb3
8/16/16

Hi, we are from Bibaar, a vendor to Indianroots.com.

After our event was over at their website, we asked them to return our collection. When we received it, we found 2 pieces worth Rs.1400/- each missing from it. When we enquired about it and also told them to compare the number of products in "vendor product sheet" & the invoice that they have sent us; then they told us that they have searched the whole warehouse but couldn't find it.

How easily can they say like that?
We had sent the collection to you thinking yours is a reputed website and there won't be any such mismanagement. Each garment was priced at Rs.1400/- each. So a sale of Rs. 2800/- would have meant something to us. And it's not even about the money. How could you be so careless and lose a vendor's products? I wonder how would u fulfill a customer's need in such a case...

And we have sent our garments to many reputed websites. But when it was their turn for return, they returned each and every unsold product back safely. So, we obviously expected the same from you. It's the first time that we have encountered a case of missing pieces

Please either find our missing pieces or provide compensation for the same.

Tip for consumers: Please, other vendors be careful when supplying your precious products to them!!

sc2652
8/14/16

Now am sure this is a fraud company. Neither are they delivering my product nor are they refunding..wish could rate them 0..never ever buy anything from this site

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number to assist you better with the precise information on your order.
deepad1
7/18/16

I wish I could give them 0 star, they couldnt procure my dress and there by after cancellation they havent refunded me till date.
Seriously worst company.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Deepa! We are sorry that we gave you a reason to be upset with our services. Please share your order number to help us assist you better and get the refund processed on priority.
Team Indianroots.
amans9
6/27/16

Indianroots is one of the most popular shopping site for fashion and clothing. It provides the biggest brands of leading fashions. Shopping on indianroots is so much fun because there are so many kind of filters so you dont have write every detail of product you want. You can find anything you want here . At reasonable price

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Aman! Thank you for appreciating our hard work. We always try our best to provide you all the latest and trendy designer collection on our webshop. You kind words always motivate our team to make each of your shopping experience memorable. Looking forward to see you shop with us soon.

Team Indianroot
nitia1
6/16/16

I selected this website bcoz its the best website for clothes I ordered some of my garments from this website and I was really impressed from it the best is that they have latest trend, design, quality of the clothes with brand...

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Niti! Thank you for appreciating our hard work. We always try our best to provide you all the latest and trendy designer collection on our webshop. You kind words always motivate our team to make each of your shopping experience memorable. Looking forward to see you shop with us soon.

Team Indianroot
yajnap
6/8/16

I have ordered 3 lehengas and 1 saree from Indianroots and out of the 4 items, only two have been despatched. I placed my order on the 3rd of May and on the 4th of May i received an email from them saying that they will "procure" all four items for me and that the "procurement time will be 37 days from the date of order". On the 10th of May, I got an email saying that one of the lehenga was out of stock but that I will still receive the remaning 3 items. The refund for the lehenga would take upto 7 business days. I finally got my refund on the 20th of May, a total of 10 days after I had received an email from Indianroots about the unavailability of my lehenga.

I was still hoping that my order for the other items would go through but alas, on the 7th of June, I got an email saying that the saree I had ordered is unavailable. It took Indianroots, more than a month after my initial order (placed of the 3rd of May) to tell me that!!!

I have a wedding at the end of June for which I had ordered my clothes but now out of 4 items, I will only receive 2 items. I do not know what to wear for the wedding as I am out of two set of clothes. I am truly appalled by the lack of professionalism and consideration from Indianroots. Now I do not have enough time to order new clothes and to have them stitched. I cannot understand how it took Indianroots one whole month to realise that they would not be able to procure the saree that I had ordered!

Plus all the interaction I have had with the customer service agents from Indianroots has been pretty poor! It seems that they do not have a personal touch and all the emails and replies come from a standardised template. The two emails I have received about my ordered items being unavailable are identical and I find it very funny that the email says " As an organization we are deeply saddened by such incidents and we will ensure that this stays as an unfortunate exception in all our future associations". It seems to me that this is the norm for Indianroots to take orders only to inform the customer that the item is unavailable.

I would never again order from Indianroots and it is the most unprofessional and inconsiderate online company I have come across. If you are used to European customer service, you will be shocked at the customer service. There is no real apology from Indianroots and the staff are simply unable to understand the inconvenience they have caused. There is no offer for vouchers or further discounts or even a REAL apology from the manager. There is no willingness to correct their mistakes or even retain the customers, it's almost like they simply do not care. I was relying on Indianroots to get my clothes for a wedding at the end of June and now I won't even have time to order new clothes to get it before the end of the month.

DO NOT rely on Indianroots of you are in a rush to get your clothes and prepare yourself to be disappointed if you order from them .

Now I am waiting for my refund to go through and I bet that instead of the seven days they say it will take to them to process my refund as per their email, it will be 10 days or more.

I would give them a negative rating as they do not even deserve the 1 star.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Yajna,

We are sorry that we gave you a reason to be upset with our services and delay in the dispatch of your order. At times during the process of procuring beautiful products for our customers, we face situation beyond our control that leads to non availability of the products. Also, we have procured the remaining Black & Pink Georgette & Net Saree With Crochet Lace from our brand on 13th June'16 and was ready to be shipped. However, on your request, we have cancelled the above mentioned product and initiated the refund. It may take up to 7 business days to process the refund. Once the refund is being done, you will be notified by your corresponding bank.We have noted your feedback and ensure it would not happen again in our future association and allow us one more chance to serve you.

sukritid
6/6/16

Recently I ordered a multicolored voile printed jalabia churidar few days back. My product was delivered on time and quality of the product was also very good.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Sukriti! Thank you for appreciating our hard work. We always try our best to provide you all the latest and trendy designer collection on our webshop. You kind words always motivate our team to make each of your shopping experience memorable. Looking forward to see you shop with us soon.

richat3
5/31/16

Repeated the mistake of ordering from Indian roots despite past bad experience.They cancel your order at any point of time. Huge name useless services all the more bad update about orders.Never ever order from this $#*!ed up site.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Richa, We sincerely regret for the Inconvenience caused to you.At times during the process of procuring the beautiful products for our customers, we face situations way beyond our control that lead to non availability of the products. Also, we have shared your valuable feedback to our concerned team to unsure it would not repeat again. Kindly allow us 1 more chance to serve you in future.
snigdhab
5/23/16

I didnt get my refund till date it is going from last two months. They are just delaying the process by saying that it will take time.....

We are innocent people....and they have shown their fraudulence behavior to me.....by giving deadlines.. for this i will go and put a complaint aginst their company.....I WANT MY MONEY BACK AT ANY COST

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Snigdha, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. As per the confirmation received from our concerned team, the refund of INR 2638 has already been processed into your bank account on 27th May'16. WE are sorry for what you have experienced and request you to allow us one more chance to serve you in future.
jashmeenk
5/2/16

I am writing this review to show my gratitude towards Indianroots. I have purchased a lot of items from Indianroots and I can proudly say that I am a loyal customer of this website. Me and my sister always purchase our stuff from this website only. I feel that this is the only website that provides high quality products at affordable prices.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Jashmeen! Thank you for appreciating our hard work. We always try our best to provide you all the latest and trendy designer collection on our webshop. You kind words always motivate our team to make each of your shopping experience memorable. Looking forward to see you shop with us soon.

seemas4
4/21/16

ordered one cotton dress from Astha & Siddharth at Indianroots. Though I live in Gurgaon, but still they are taking 21 days to deliver, while other sites like lime road are ready to deliver the same dress in 3-4 days.Wish I had ordered from lime road.

On top of thatI am trying to reach indianroots customer care for fast delivery, but phone no is not functional and no response to the mails I have written to them.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Seema,

Greetings from Indianroots!

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. we would like to share that, we do not have ready products available. Once you place the order then these products will be procured from our brands. We have also mentioned the shipping time on the product page under shipping info tab for your reference. However, we always try our utmost efforts to procure and ship the products on priority.

Also, we would request you to share the order number to help us prioritize the procurement of your order.

We are redesigning our customer service process to better meet your needs. While we clean up our systems and bring our services back up, in the meanwhile please contact us through email at care@indianroots.com

rashmif1
4/19/16

I recently purchased a suit from Rohit Bals collection. It is super stylish and I got it at a very reasonable price from indianroots!! I am so glad because I always wanted to buy a Rohit Bal attire! Thank you so much Indianroots!!!!!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Rashmi! Thank you for appreciating our hard work. We always try our best to provide you all the latest and trendy designer collection on our webshop. You kind words always motivate our team to make each of your shopping experience memorable. Looking forward to see you shop with us soon.

zahram2
4/11/16

I thought I was getting a stitched blouse WITH the saree. The website wasn't clear on that obviously. It said "saree and blouse". That's it. Nothing else! It took about 2 weeks to get here because they wait around on shipping orders it seems. If you need something in advance, I would plan ahead if you absolutely need something from their store! Make sure the blouse is stitched (contact them first). When the blouse and saree arrived, there was a problem... my upper arms were slightly too big to be covered with the sleeve material. Oh, the sleeve material is so cheaply made that I tossed it aside due to worries of it getting holes in it while I'm at a wedding function. It's mesh material! There was nothing under the mesh to make it stronger. It was like this stuff came from China, not India and you can imagine how that goes! The saree wrap was okay. The top? Not so much. When I actually stitched it together myself, I noticed so much that went wrong that heaven forbid if I hired someone else to do the work, they would have gotten so frustrated with how the embroidery was done that they would probably A) mess it all up or B) rip me off really bad for the pain and torture they endured to stitch the top together. Mind you, the sleeve material isn't ample enough for my upper arms so that stuff was useless. If you wear a size medium or large women's shirt, the sleeves more than likely won't fit you.

I feel traumatized!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Zahra! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to share that, we have shipped the product post a quality check and as per the description mentioned on our web-shop.

Description on web-shop:
Fabric: Georgette
Type Of Work: Embroidered
Dimensions: (Saree- 5.50 meters,Blouse- 0.80 meters)
Product colour may slightly vary due to photographic lighting sources or your monitor settings. The stitched garment/blouse shown in the image is for presentation purpose only.

Further, we have shared your feedback with our concerned team and request you to please refer the description.
Please allow us 1 more change to serve you in future.

sonalid1
4/4/16

I think Indianroots is a wonderful shopping website. My sister bought her wedding lehnga from here and it is indeed beautiful. Its a deep red colored lehnga and it looks very royal and classy!!! Yes it was costly but it was worth it. My sister looked gorgeous on her wedding day!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Sonali! Thank you for appreciating our hard work. We always try our best to provide you all the latest and trendy designer collection on our webshop. You kind words always motivate our team to make each of your shopping experience memorable. Looking forward to see you shop with us soon.

samikshar
3/30/16

An order i made on Jan 2016 is not yet delivered as on 30 March 2016.
Still i get replies that it will now be shipped on 12th April 2016. When i ask for refund, they deny it. Do they expect me to wait endlessly for the product. Do they have any deadline to ship . If the vendor is not able to send them a product within 3 months, how can they expect the vendor will send them now. i think they are just holding on to my money.
Really pathetic service. they just have a simple answer , Apologies !!!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Sam! We sincerely regret for the Inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to share your order number to assist you better. Please be assured the highlighted concern will be resolved on priority post receiving the order number.

Helpful answer -1

Namaskar Soumya! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We would like to inform you, that the VAT / Custom Duty / Local Taxes or Import Duties are borne directly by the customer at the time of delivery. These charges are non-governable and they differ in countries, as per the local rules & regulations of customs clearance authorities. We are not sending the products as gifts or samples and shipping the products completely through legal channels.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Mary! WE are sorry for the delay in the dispatch of your order. WE have escalated the issue to our concerned team, kindly allow us 3 business days to share the exact shipping date of your remaining products. Your patience is appreciated. Regards, Team Indianroots

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Kanthi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We have escalated the matter to the concerned manager, please allow us 24 hours to update you the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Sabitha, We sincerely regret for the delay in the dispatch of your order. We have escalated the matter to the concerned team, please allow us 2 business days to share the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Anees! We are sorry for the experience you had with us. Hope you have received a response on the review posted by you.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Ruchi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number so that it can be forwarded to the concerned manager for immediate action.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

I see you were totally ignored but the next person down got a pretty prompt response. Disgusting company

By Bee G.

Questions? Get answers from the IndianRoots staff and other customers.

2 Photos for IndianRoots