Review of HotTopic

Tel: 2359103112902
storecs@hottopic.com

kaitlyns23
3/12/19

I recently purchased a nose ring from here that wasn't even capable of going into a piercing. Totally flawed jewlery. I tried leaving a review to warn others about buying the product for an actual piercing (I even recommended purchasing if you just wanted a fake clip-on style ring) and they keep telling me my review has been moderated and doesn't meet their standards. Sounds to me like someone is just trying to cover their ass.

shakirr
1/16/19

Sense Bradley one of ur managers that work at Springfield wanna act like an animal and try to swing on me because he BIG MAD then ima be the zoo keepers and do what they do best. Handlers animals bruh.

davidd854
1/2/19

We ordered back on black friday of 2018 it kept saying pending didnt get our christmas gifts called them it was never shipped and they im saying hot topic cancelled our order they robbed our kids of christmas gifts if they couldnt ship then they should have said something earlier so we could have done something else pourcustomer servuce and online sucks will never step in another one of there stores

myhuet
12/20/18

Despite what the website may tell you, items that you add to your cart may not be in stock. They send the confirmation e-mail and everything. They only notify you that the items are not in stock days later. The site even states that there are (*amount*) available. Doesn't make it a very good site to purchase gifts, but if what you ordered basically just came out and isn't on sale, chances are you're fine. However, if you wanna order something on sale, there's a high chance that what you want will no longer be available. Had 2 items cancelled, and finally a third one went through. Customer service is also hit or miss. The first agent I got was fantastic, but the second one was barely understandable.

as283
12/9/18

I placed an order on 11/23/18 which apparently got lost, okay, it happens, no big deal. I follow up with them Dec 3rd after confirming with USPS that it never even made it to their facility (it was stuck in pre-shipment status for awhile), I'm told I can get a replacement with free expedited shipping. 24 hours later I get another email that one item isn't in stock anymore, no big deal it happens, I tell them what I want as replacement and they assure me it will get shipped out that day. I (Mind you the person telling me its out of stock was a totally different person) inquire about the expedited shipping and receive zero response. So, I get an email that my new order was received on Dec 5th, but no update on shipping (I'm writing this Dec 9th) so I finally send another email, but get a bit antsy and just call. Come to find out -one- item shipped, standard shipping. The other one -might- ship tomorrow from another warehouse. I'm beyond livid. It's not like I asked for expedited, but if you're gonna offer it, at least hold up on your end. After this I am 100% done with hottopic and all their affiliates because this is not the first time i've had problems just receiving a simple package, I figured after a few years they would have ya know gotten better.

olivea6
11/26/18

First off, I have to say that I have been a loyal customer to Hot Topic for YEARS, but that has changed as of today! I am so frustrated right now, because of this awful situation! So I made an online order yesterday, and according to the website, the shirt was in stock. So what happened is that I got an email today (the next day after I placed the order), and I was told that my order had been cancelled! And I wasn't even given a reason as to why! I know my credit card has sufficient funds, because I wouldn't have paid for it if I didn't have the money. So I was very confused and frustrated to say the least. So I had to call customer service and I was told by the representative that apparently the shirt that I ordered was OUT OF STOCK! I was telling him it clearly wasn't saying that on the website, because it showed that there were 3 shirts left in my size AND they had already charged my credit card! The rep. kept saying that the website is not live, so it is possible that the shirt was already out of stock before I bought it, but that wasn't the case because I even refreshed the website and checked how many shirts are available in my size before checking out and there were still some left! Now Hot Topic HAS MY MONEY and I don't even have my shirt! The rep. said that I should get my money back in 5-7 business days! I was like WHAT?! Why should I have to wait to get my money back and I am apparently not even getting my shirt! My advice to new or loyal customers would be to NEVER buy your items on the website in order to prevent the same situation. Just buy from your local store if you really want to, but honestly I know that won't do that either! And another thing, one time I order another shirt not long ago and my online order took over 2 weeks to arrive, and I live in the U.S.! This treatment is very unacceptable! Hot Topic I am SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU, and if I could give you guys zero stars I would. Shame on you guys!

joyj62
11/17/18

I recently purchased a hot topic exclusive Riverdale shirt and it looks AMAZING in person. I received the package after a week and I didnt encounter any problems!

danas175
10/18/18

My last order was delivered right on time and everything fit perfectly well. The communication was prompt and efficient. I had some issues with Hot Topic in the past, but I am willing to shop there from time to time. They have a great selection of clothes and accessories.

lisab742
10/2/18

They have been giving me the run around for over a month. Charged me, sent a tracking number that doesn't work. Now a month later they have decided my order is lost, but they can't issue a refund until the store marks it as "picked up"? Hands down the absolute worst service I have encountered.

debbiel182
9/11/18

Sent in order for my granddaughter, they cancelled it. Ordered again, canceled again. I will never shop there again.

km242
6/8/18

I went to hot topic for the first time in months and signed the clipboard for my hot topic cash. Later that night I received a text from a random number asking if I want to be friends and if I worked at hot topic. The only thing I can assume is that they saw me write down my number and copied my number down to text me. I was very uncomfortable and lucky enough that he left me alone after I told him to. I brought this up to a manager and she said she would let corporate know. However, nothing has been done. They could easily cover the clipboard as people sign or remove it from the counter after people sign but their excuse was there isn't enough space to remove it from the counter and their boss told them to leave it out. Hot topic does not care if people's info is accessed by other customers or that someone could easily be stalked by knowing their full name and number. DO NOT SIGN THE CLIPBOARD!

jasonj146
5/20/18

I am a big fan of the movie IT and my friend told me today that Hot Topic released a new exclusive -- Pennywise in the Gutter pop figure scene. I called around different Hot Topics and they were all sold out except for the store at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, TX (they had 4). Excited... I told them I was on my way to pick up one . I drove from Dallas (about 45-55 mins) and when I got there... one of the ladies told me in a very "smiley, cheerful demeanor"... oh... we sold out... somebody bought them all 30 mins before you got here. Hot Topic Management - I know CASH IS KING and if YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE but do exercise some discretion. When you are selling an exclusive item -- please be mindful of your other customers. Why was it ok to sell 4 of the same exclusive item to one customer? Wasted my time... Yup -- one star in my books.

elleng58
5/17/18

I like going in to this store and looking around. Usually get a Southern Rock group T-shirt. Sometimes find other cool things. The sales people are always nice.

martad5
4/20/18

DO NOT BUY HERE!!!!!!
These people are scammers. I ordered a package online. First they sent me the wrong order and when I asked to please send me the right one, they told me that some of the things I ordered were no longer on stock. They told me they would refund me the money but they never did. It is a shame that they have such a poor organization, so dissapointed. If you don't want to loose money please don't buy here.

katiec103
4/19/18

I wish I could give it a higher rating. I love everything about this store! Even in store people working there are amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE

dc196
3/30/18

In December I ordered several items for my boys for Christmas. It was shipped piecemeal over several weeks. I was still waiting for the last pair of jeans when my account online said everything had arrived. They did finally arrive a few days later, but in the meantime, there is literally NO ONE to contact about concerns. I placed another order early this month of two pairs of jeans for my son and a cheap tote bag so I could get 20% off everything. No emails from them about shipping or processing or anything. I log in to see what's going on and my order has just "disappeared" like it never existed. Luckily it doesn't look like I was ever charged either. If you like their stuff find a store to visit. DO NOT order from the website.

lindseym53
3/6/18

This is their policy that's attached to customer service response emails. And below that is part of my conversation with them.
They can't even abide by their own policies.

**Please note that our website and processing system has recently changed. To better service our customers, orders will now be processing and shipping out a lot quicker. In order to achieve this, all customers will now have (1) hour to make any type of update or modification to their orders; that includes changing shipping address or canceling the order via phone. *Account holders now also have the option to cancel orders on their own within (30) minutes via website, by signing into their account and clicking on Order History then specific order number.

Thanks and have a great day!

Carol

Hot Topic Customer Service

-----Original Message-----
From: L M@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 2:25:56 PM
To: Hot Topic Customer Service
Subject: GENERAL QUESTION/FEEDBACK (CID:j0ys4b530jlw5jw4kc)

So best case it wont even ship until tomorrow? 3 days from order date and from the time you charged my card ?

No thank you. Just cancel the order and give me my money back I'm not going to play games with you .

dulcef
1/16/18

I placed an order on 12/28/17. I received the wrong order, i sent an email on 1/7/17 to orderstatus@hottopic.com . They replied promptly and addressed the issue. They told me my item was no longer available, It is there mistake, why did they send me the wrong item rather than notifying me. Instead they purposely messed up my order and i have to wait even longer. I thought this issue was solved because they told me to expect a refund 5-7 business days. Its 1/16/17 and no refund whatsoever. Wheres my money? I have been waiting so patiently and i am very disappointed.

alexp221
1/7/18

1. There are often huge delays in order shipments.
It can easily take 8-12 days before your order even gets shipped (on the items that are in stock)
2. Their customer service is horrible.
They respond to your e-mails pretty fast, but the help they give you is next to none.
They are never willing to help you.
Most of the customer reps barely speak English (and that includes written English too).
It often takes me time to even understand what they wrote down
3. If you order a collectible item, like FUNKO POP, get ready to receive it in the DAMAGED BOX and when you contact them requesting a free shipping return because the item arrived damaged, they take the life out of you by telling you that the box, not item is damaged so they can't give a free return.
So they pretend to not understand the value of collectible items like FUNKO POPS goes down A LOT when their boxes are damages.

All in all, almost every time i bought something from them I had a bad experience.

teresam120
12/29/17

Overcharged. Paid $45 for shipping only for it to take 5 weeks for half my order to arrive, the other half never arrived and was lost. One of the shirts that did arrive came with a big hole in the seam. Will never shop here again

lorib108
12/27/17

They sell cool stuff for kids.My son shopped there a lot when he was younger.He looked great in them

sarahz32
12/20/17

Ordered items on Nov 24th. Like--10 of them. Firstly, they put false stock numbers in their e-commerce shopping cart so that items never show "out of stock". You order a bunch of items, and then two weeks later it's roulette as to which item in your order gets cancelled. I called customer service not once, but twice, and each time I was on hold for 30+ minutes before even reaching a representative. You talk to the rep, and it's obvious they are reading off cues. One actually told me, on a Wednesday night, that my order (that still hadn't shipped) would arrive that Friday. Bull. I worked in shipping, and no matter what carrier you use, nothing is making it from TN or CA to NY in one shipping day. My order arrived the following Tuesday. Meantime, I asked if they could check with the shipping department to see when my order would be shipped, and they literally said "we can't do that, I mean, I could send an e-mail but they probably won't respond". WHAT? Worst customer service experience literally ever.

laurap166
12/15/17

I am sick of being on hold with Hot Topic for an hour, only to be given their lame excuses or to have to call end and have to start over.I ordered a ton of stuff on November 15 for my teens for Christmas - called on Dec 6 to see where it was and was told that most of the order was now out of stock and the 2 items in stock would be shipped at no cost overnight and the rest would be refunded. It's now the 15 Dec and I have no items and no refund. Next step for me is making sure my children and their friends no longer shop Hot Topic. Ever. Period, and contacting my credit card company to make sure I get the charges reimbursed. We spend a lot of money in store but not any more! Sorry-a** company selling marked-up cheap rubbish- with customer service to match

beckya28
12/12/17

PLACED ORDER BLACK FRIDAY, CALLED TWICE TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON BECAUSE IT HADN'T MOVED, WAS LIED TO TWICE SAYING IT WAS GOING RIGHT OUT AND 15 DAYS LATER MY ORDER IS CANCELLED BECAUSE THEY "RAN OUT" - NO KIDDING BECAUSE NOONE BOTHERED GETTING MY ORDER READY IN 15 DAYS NOW I WON'T HAVE THIS FOR A CHRISTMAS GIFT, ALSO SAID I WOULDN'T GET BACK THE REWARDS I USED TO PURCHASE THIS, REWARDS I HAD EARNED AND NOW I LOSE THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO LAZY TO GET ORDERS READY?? ITEM WAS IN STOCK WHEN I ORDERED BUT CLEARLY AFTER 15 DAYS IT'S BOUND TO RUN OUT, RIDICULOUS, WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. NOONE ANSWERS THE PHONE NOW EITHER, MY "ESTIMATED WAIT TIME" HAS BEEN 10-20 MINUTES FOR THE PAST HOUR NOW.

janetc120
12/11/17

My children love the trendy items in Hot Topic. However, I find that the prices are unreasonable. If you're willing to pay an absurd amount for merchandise with a trendy character on it, you will love this place.

29 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

It takes 1-2 days to process your order. Once they ship it, it takes 2-7 days to arrive if you live in the lower 48 states. I don't know about elsewere.

By Leanne S.

The high wasted jeans are some of the best, they have some really comfortable jeans. They fit very well. :)

By Kori L.

Questions? Get answers from the HotTopic staff and other customers.

HotTopic?