Review of Hirt's Gardens

Tel: 1-330-239-0506
greenhousematt@gmail.com

ninar12
4/1/15

Hirts is just around the corner from me and they have a large selection of unusual plants and many appear in very nice condition. However, they seem to employ too many uncaring and incompetent employees. Along with the healthy plants are many in bad condition. At times many of the plants seem to be over watered and rotting and I believe the employees ship the dying ones out anyway. I recently bought some rhubarb that looked beautiful, only to fine one was totally rotting. I went back to replace it and even though they looked ok on top, a closer check found many to be badly rotted. I was not offered a replacement plant and when I mentioned that many of the ones they had were rotting, I was totally ignored, as if she couldn't be bothered with customer satisfaction.

davids254
9/25/14

HIRTS & AMAZON DO NOT PUT THEIR COSTUMERS FIRST-

Neither Amazon or Hirts Nursery can figure out what their return/refund policy is on dead plants. I ordered and then received ten 4" Boston Ivy plants that where delivered over 2 wks. ago. Upon delivery I promptly opened the box and the potted 4" plants looked... weak. I planted and watered the plants the same day, there where no return instructions or planting instructions with the shipment. Four days later the plants where dead.
I called Amazon told them about my problem -Amazon said that they would contact Hirts and Hirts, would have 2 days to reply/respond to the problem (turns out Hirts did not). Almost 2 wks. later and 4 more phone calls (of which I was told 3 times there would be a replacement of product or refund) I discarded the shipping box and 10 planting pots.
AS OF TODAY Amazon changed their position- Amazon told me I HAD to now dig up the 10 dead plants and ship them back to Hirts- and see if I could get a refund from Hirts. When I checked Hirts web site (which is a Co. Amazon is representing ) Hirts has NO return policy posted under returns. See: hirts.com
After all the time and inconvenience this has cost me I would have been better off going to Home Depot Wal-Mart Sears etc. Where the employs can clearly speak to you, and tell you what the policy is. Where the costumer is treated with respect. Check Better Business Bauru Rating of : F. http://www.bbb.org/akron/business-reviews/florists-retail/hirts-greenhouse-and-flowers-in-medina-oh-190612653

charlesj17
9/6/14

I purchased 10 rainbow trees, Eucalyptus Deglupta. When I received them, I noticed that two were distinctly different from the other 8. I planted them in the ground anyway. The two were different, and going back thru Amazon, I brought this to Amazon's and Hirt's attention. I recd an email back from Amazon that said Hirt's was sure I had the right trees, that they all look different as saplings. The two trees in dispute are fat, round leaves compared to the slender leaves of the Rainbow Tree. I wrote back and said that you really had to be stupid to confuse the two. Finally, i got a response back from Hirt's that they were refunding the money on two trees. I never asked for a refund or replacement. But I am glad that Hirt's did the right thing. (Added note 2 months later: Hirt's never did refund my money. They sent me an e-mail asking that I send them the original e-mails between me, Amazon and Hirt's. I figured that if they were going to play the paper work game, I'd just let it drop. Even more disappointed than before with Hirt's.) (2nd Added Note 10 Feb 2016: I recently saw on a plant lookup website that Hirts was closed. Dont know if this is true, but can believe it with their lousy service and unhealthy plants.)

taithal
5/29/14

This site has great products and great prices.
I did receive a plant that was less than healthy when it arrived at my home. I sent pictures and a note explaining them to Hirt's, and within 13 minutes of my initial contacting them, my money was refunded, without my having to return anything.
Super fair business with great selection. I love Hirt's!

melissap
8/13/09

I let my 9yr old daughter pick what flower she wanted to plant in the garden this year & after winning an auction on ebay for the type of tomato plant I'd been wanting to try to grow I just followed their link to the sellers website which turned out to be Hirt's Gardens. They had the type of flower she wanted and a tree I also thought would be fun to grow I spent $39.12. OK so when the plants came we(my daughters & I) planted them. I noticed as the plant my daughter had picked out to be her's ( a Harlequin Hydrangea) didn't look like any of the other hydrangeas I have growing but when I spoke to her about it she wasn't concerned & told me not to worry they probably sent us something cool & she wanted to see it grow into whatever it was! OK fine water,feed,grow all season long right?! Well it never got cute & finally I told her we had given it enough time & I'd contact Hirt's & see what was fair to do since the plant they sent me is STILL growing outside my house! Stephanie & Hirt's garden's told me to take a pic and send it to them with an explination of my issue which I did immediately. The response in email I got was & I quote "The picture you sent me is a weed.We did not send that to you." Really? So I called to talk to whomever had just called me a liar because not only was I angry @ the accusation that I was going out of my way to lie but for an entire summer I'd been taking care watering & feeding a weed.Ugh! I got to talk to Al Hirt the owner who will let you know he has a horticultural degree right before he hangs up on you afer telling you that you don't & calling you a liar. I mean really shipping included I'm disputing$12.71 & I don't even want the $ I just want the plant my baby picked out that I already paid for. I was told by Stephanie when I called back that Al Hirt was refusing my phone call because I used offensive language when I told him it really "pissed me off that he would call me a liar". Really Al" pissed off "gets your goat? I'm more man than you apparently cause I wasn't afraid to stay on the phone after you accused me of being dishonest! Wow I mean you'd think with that fancy college degree & your own(inherited) company you would have learned customer service?! Well that's ok Al let me give you your 1st lesson the customer is always right. Your 2nd would be beware of a woman scorned with a passion for customer service. I guess that's all for today Al & tell Steph I was thinking of her when I wrote this too,as for tomorrow the BBB & ebay should be giving you your follow up customer service lessons & by the way I still have my reciept:)

Questions? Get answers from the Hirt's Gardens staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Hirt's Gardens