Review of Hayneedle

Tel: 1-888-880-4884
contact_us@hayneedle.com

jiing
2/9/19
• Updated review

After leaving a low review I was contacted by a hayneedle representative who seemed genuinely concerned. They offered to re order the item for me with a discount for the prior inconvenience. Since I already re ordered the item elsewhere I asked for a coupon code which they were kind to offer for the next purchase. The rep was very kind. I appreciate that a lot.

“Item out of stock”
2/7/19
• Previous review

I order a basketball hoop that was listed as in stock. Then I waited three weeks and when it came to the promised delivery date the item never came. I looked up tracking number. Item was shipped back to seller with the note being "item undeliverable." I got a refund . Bad communication. Slow shipping. I was waiting in vain for this hoop . I never knew item was returned to sender. I was planning on installing this hoop on the new roof so the roofers could help me install but thanks to the long wait time and cancellation I doubt it'll make it on time anymore and I'll have to pay separately for someone to install on the roof. I also ordered a mounting bracket. After two weeks nothing came so I sent an email. They emailed back right away saying item was cancelled due to a computer error. Just bad service do yourself a favor and order from Amazon. It may be slightly more expensive but they actually HAVE the item in stock and are better in every way.

nalees
12/24/18

Terrible business. Ordered item a week before it should've been delivered and paid $60 for it to get to my home in 5 days! Not unreasonable shipping time if you asked me it's pretty standard. How ever it was canceled not by me but by Hayneedle the day it was supposed to arrive to my home!!! THE DAY IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELIVERED! How absord no heads up nothing! I am furious! This is the only gift we could afford for our kids and it didn't get here in time and now we have to wait for a refund before they get their gift!!! Ruined my kids holiday! Do not order from here not even if a last resort go through another company! This place is fraud!!!

timothyn36
12/13/18

We ordered a power reclining chair just before thanksgiving for an xmas gift was told would be delivered 12-3. On the 1st they said the 13th now. Yesterday on tye 12th we contacted to figure it out. They said its on back order and shoyld ship in 2 weeks and now they say the 20th at least till like the 18th and they push it back again. They said we cant cancel our order wed have to wait to receive it and return it. They never once told us its on back order till we called to complian. They still hacent put that on the site. Dont order from them its a scam

Tip for consumers: Dont

vickyv29
11/25/18

I ordered a Fire Table, the tank cover, and a tabletop fireplace during Black Friday. First, I received an email that the tabletop fireplace was on backorder. Then I received a Christmas tree which completely came out of nowhere since I was to receive a fire table. I called customer service and all they could do for me was apologize and provide me with a refund which I now have to drag a Christmas tree to Fed Ex so that I can refund this product that I didn't order and wait for them to receive it and they will send me "the correct product". Now, we don't have a fireable for our upcoming party. I should have done my due diligence in looking at the reviews of Hayneedle and realized that there is just tons and tons of complaints with this company and you would think that they would remedy these issues and do it right the first time and not have to keep putting out fires. This isn't the first time they delivered the wrong product to a customer.
I'm still waiting for a resolution on this situation and will write up another review at each step to see if they are able to remedy this situation or if I need to write up more reviews everywhere until I get this situation resolved.

christys78
9/24/18

I have now tried to place an order with them THREE times. On each occasion, they charged my credit card and then one day later sent me an email saying that my order had been cancelled because of some nonsense about how it was for my safety because "they could not verify my billing/shipping address". I then had to wait up to 7 days for the money they had charged to be returned to my card!
After this first time that this occurred, I called my bank and confirmed with them that the shipping/billing addresses I was entering matched their records and that the transaction was going through fine on their end. I assumed there must just be some random thing happening with that card and tried to replace the order with a different card. The same issue happened--and again my bank had no idea why! I called customer service, and they explained to me that they have some computer system that automatically verifies billing/shipping addresses and that they would send the order to accounting to be reviewed by an actual human. The representative assured me that I would NOT be charged a third time for the order by sending it to accounting. Of course, the next day my card WAS charged again, followed by yet another "your order has been cancelled" email. Customer service was wildly unhelpful, refusing to take accountability for their error in charging my card for a third time expressly against my wishes. They simply said "the money will be returned to your card in about 4 business days". LOL ok, but that doesn't really help me because now I am out $1500 for the next week with nothing to show for it! Customer service also refused to provide a reason for why the orders were failing, giving fishy and illogical anecdotes and saying it was "for my own privacy" that they could not give any information out about why an order was cancelled ever. When I asked to speak to someone from the accounting department, they refused saying "the accounting department does not accept phone calls."

This company is quite obviously a scam. They are taking customers' credit card info, checking to make sure that info is accurate by charging an order to the card, and then immediately cancelling the order and refusing to provide information why. Who knows what they will do with my credit card information now? I suspect sell it. I now get to replace both credit cards that I used with this company. STAY AWAY!

olgaz16
9/19/18

This has been the worst experience ever! I ordered a dresser and night stand back August 23 and it took almost 2 weeks to arrive. On the outside the items looked good but when we tried to open draws the frame was all cracked and the drawers were stuck. The items are cheaply made. I then called and spoke with Jenny in customer service and that turned out to be very aggravating,. She said that she would set return and replacement order and proceeded to put me on hold. Never telling me that she was charging me for another set. The pick did not happen until September the 11., when I myself had to set up with the freight company. Needless to say it is September 19th and I am yet to receive my refund. I called today and was told that furniture is in process and "perhaps" return may be processed after the 26th , and funds will be refunded 5 to 7 days thereafter. This company is the worst I have EVER dealt with.

minam21
9/18/18
• Updated review

First mirror was shattered and then I had one customer service representative lie and say I would get a replacement. The second customer service representative didn't do anything. The third customer service finally gave me my refund and sent me a replacement mirror. This mirror is also broken but it's the frame that's cracked and not the mirror itself. I'll just keep it. Not happy with it but I'll deal. Definitely not going through this again. Staying far away from them.

“Not that great experience”
9/10/18
• Previous review

First time buying from them and had a couple of bad experiences. I should've known better to buy a full length mirror but the reviews seemed ok. Took the chance and bought a silver 67 height mirror. When it arrived the box looked ok and when I open it was well packaged. The mirror was shattered. I don't know if this happen at the warehouse or FedEx dropped it. I was disappointed and bummed out. I called hay needle and the woman on the phone said she would send a replacement. I called today to see if they will send me a tracking number so I can track it when they finally ship it. This new woman said it wasn't coming and that there wasn't a replacement sent out. Why the first woman would lie like that is beyond me. I finally just told her I want a refund. If I get the refund is a wait and see thing. It's a shame, I really wanted that mirror. I hope I see my refund soon. I'll be searching for a mirror again but not from hay needle.

nota22
9/11/18

I'll start off with the packing and quality of their items. I received a dining table with the box dented, and unsurprising damage to the table itself. It wasn't just a chip off the paint, it was a chops off the wood!

I contact customer service regarding the damage. I was reassured I would receive a FULL refund, since the fault was on Hayneedle's end. Moreover, the chairs I had ordered to accompany the damaged table would no longer be needed, so the representative reassured me the chairs would be canceled and my card would not be charged.

Disappointingly, my card was indeed charged for the chairs and it was shipped after all. It gets WORSE.

They receive my return of the table, however, did not issue a FULL refund as promised. They claim to have withheld my reward points accumulated. But I also returned the chairs which I used the reward points on, hence forfeiting my reward points. Yet a full refund remains to be unissued. Moreover, the representatives who reassured me of a "Full Refund" failed to disclose any information that any amount would be deducted from my "full refund." I'm not going to hold my breath for a full refund on the chairs which they also reassured a full refund for, but you bet I will be taking these matters to my credit card company.

Not only does Hayneedle fall short on delivering quality in products, but they also lack customer service. Surely in the mishap of "miscommunication" they could offer a remedy, but failed to even make the effort. As a long time customer, I will no longer be purchasing anything else from them in the future. Perhaps my absence will not impact their profit logistics, but I hope that my review will make a difference to those who are considering on doing business with them. Heed my warning and save yourself the frustration, stress, and utter disappointment in this deceptive company.

joryb1
9/7/18

Product came damaged. Upon reading other reviews it seems they have a tendancy to send out damaged items and charge a large amount for return shipping or will not refund completely.

kellyb400
8/30/18

I just wanted to update my recent reviews of Hayneedle, and the issue I had regarding the chair that took 5 wks to receive. Not only did they step up and handle it, but when they did it arrived within 24 hrs. I stand corrected, and gladly so, not only with customer care but with their delivery service of choice. I'm extremely grateful to everyone involved who helped resolve this matter, and appreciate how quickly they responded when they learned of my situation. I'm so happy with my purchase, with Hayneedle, and a special thank you to the delivery scheduler Donna for her patience and understanding. I will be a returning customer after all, and can honestly recommend Hayneedle to family and friends whole heartedly.

nicoleh215
8/23/18

I recently ordered a dining table from Hayneedle. It was to be delivered yesterday. However what I found left on my porch was not a dining table, but it was a TV STAND. Two completely different products. All of my order confirmations showed a picture of the table and read "Farmhouse Dining Table." I call customer service and they say, "You're right, you did order a table and not a TV stand." Yeah, obviously, hence the phone call. The only option I was given was to give them my credit card information since I had paid with Paypal and they would put a "hold charge" for the TV stand until they were able to have fedex come pick it up and the hold charge would drop only after it was delivered back to their facility. Then said if I still wanted my table I'd have to wait another week to have it delivered. When I asked if they could expedite it or put a rush on it they simply said, "No." Why would I be willing to give a company my credit card information when they already broke the trust by sending me an entirely different product? And why would I be willing to wait another week before receiving the product I originally was supposed to receive? Only to receive another completely random item? I will make sure to let my friends and family know to NEVER order from this company and I will leave this review on every platform possible.

courtneyc103
8/13/18

My mirror came with one crack straight across. I called and they said they were going to set something up to remove the mirror and send me a new one. The woman put me on hold, came back and said they would said me a new one, but "We decided we don't want the mirror back," and that I needed to make arrangements on my own to discard of it. I told her that's fine, but I can't carry a 100-lb on my own, and I need help. She said she was sorry but couldn't help me, that it was a hazard to THEM! Not a hazard to me, their customer, but a hazard to them. If it's a hazard to their employees why couldn't they hire a trash removal company? I was so appalled by this that I told her not to send me another mirror, because what if that one came cracked too? Then I'd have to discard of two mirrors on my own? I am very sad because this mirror was supposed to complete my living room, but it shocked me that Hayneedle will put their own customers in harm's way and take no responsibility for their own mistakes. In my opinion, Hayneedle should send a removal service and send me a new mirror. I am very into interior design and could have been a loyal customer had they handled this correctly.

heidid45
8/12/18
• Updated review

After posting my reviews , Richard from Hayneedle's Escalation team contacted me , had the trucking company contact me and set up delivery , and also contacted Affirm to advise them the merchandise was being returned and to start the refund process . I appreciate the concern finally , just wish this could have been done to begin with . Nothing so dufficult just right . Thank you Richard

Response from Hayneedle C., Hayneedle Representative
That is wonderful to hear, thank you so much for allowing us to assist you.
“Don't order from Hayneedle unless you want to be victimized”
8/12/18
• Previous review

I placed my order with Hayneedle on July 30 for a patio sectional set from Walker Edison on their website the dimensions stated the furniture was 32 inches high when I received the merchandise on August 9 the merchandise was 26 inches high I called Hayneedle about this discrepancy and they said that they would need to check with the manufacturer could I please hold I said sure he came back on and he said the manufacturer said they do not ship out anything that small so I asked him you're telling me I'm lying then no I'm just telling you that the manufacturer said that that cannot be the correct measurements I told him again I can send you a picture where I have it measured and it's at 26 inches I also noted that on the lighting from the manufacture it says the height is 27 inches so the manufacturer who is calling me a liar even on their paperwork has the dimensions as 27 inches high which still is wrong so The representative from hay needle then told me I could have the item returned and they would ship out another one and I said well is it going to be a short one or is it going to be the right height I don't know I don't to ship it back out to you and I said no I don't want another short one and then he told me because we used their financing for 12 months no interest that I would have to get wait for them to come pick up the merchandise then it would be another two weeks before they will issue me a refund for the merchandise and that then after all that I could go ahead and I could go ahead and re-order in a month from them I said I need to speak with the supervisor he transferred me to a supervisor she told me all they can do is send a trucking company to contact me about when they can get the merchandise schedule the delivery and then it'll be two weeks after the merchandise is received before I will get a refund on the credit in the meantime when the payment comes do I have to make a payment on merchandise I do not even have because of their paperwork situation they cannot just issue things they have to go through all the different departments so in other words they send me the wrong merchandise I had to wait a day wasted day for us the wrong merchandise to come now I have to wait for the trucking company to call me to schedule another day where they can come pick it up so now I'm wasting another day and in the meantime I'm going to have to make a payment on merchandise that I don't even have because it will take approximately six weeks to figure out how to give me back the refund . The supervisor was so polite as to offer me the opportunity to order from Hayneedle again which I told her that will never happen and that I will be leaving the reviews on the Internet rest assured so this doesn't happen to any other innocent people

janicem185
8/2/18

Since Walmart bought them out, they've become a drop shipper and your orders will get cancelled last minute frequently!! Do not buy from them.

kendrap20
8/1/18

So bummed to have received this desk chair that had a mark on the seat that clearly someone had attempted to clean before shipping to my client. Because my client put this box in her garage and went on vacation when she returned and discovered the stain it was 6 days past the 30-day return.

Hayneedle didn't have a replacement so she is stuck with either a dirty chair or a credit. Because Hayneedle cannot supply a replacement this is where I feel they should show that customer service they boast about and refund my client since she clearly has to go put new money out for a desk chair. Nobody would want to do this. What a waste.

Customer service rep Cassandra was so sweet and probably should give her supervisor a refresher course in how to treat customers and be a little flexible when you can't come through with the product. We didn't order a dirty chair and although I fully recognize and respect that you must have return policies I also know that when you can't deliver what was purchased you shouldn't stick it to the customer. As a designer, I will no longer be feeding Hayneedle any of my client orders, something I did on every project. Between my client and me we both tried to speak to the manager 3 times and he wouldn't even speak to us. Bad move, that's partly what you are there for Mr. Supervisor.

So, word of mouth happens now. Letting all my designer colleagues, and clients know- we are a pretty large group. In an age where there are so many options, and with Hayneedle being one of the smaller ones, it was a dumb move and one I can only imagine the founders, Mark, Doug, and Julie would probably want to be handled differently. All this over a cheap $300 chair.

katarinaa2
7/30/18

So, I placed an order for an accent chair on July 2nd, and now is July 30th, y chair hasn't shipped. I called multiple times. sent numerous email, and all I got were false dates of delivery that never happened. Many times was promised that there were not more delays, and yet, every time my order was placed on backorder. Today I contacted the customer service to cancel the order, to what she informed me that she is unable because the supplier already has the order to ship?! Really? The supplier had the order to ship a month ago, and it hasn't shipped. I told her that I want my order canceled no matter what and that I am not interested in waiting any longer. Now I have to wait for 72 hrs for the supplier to confirm my cancelation. This whole situation is very frustrating and I will never shop again through their website. I am completely disappointed with Hayneedle!

beckym140
7/19/18

On July 19, 2018 I wrote a review (see below) on Hayneedle. I would like to update that review. After my negative review, the company contacted me and sent me a new table to replace the missing part. It would have been nice to have this customer service from the beginning but at least they dis something so I am a little happier.
I purchased a Color Me Marcus changing table for my grandson and when we put it together we found that the back stabilizer bar was missing. It was sunday night so first thing Monday mornong I called Hayneedle. They said they would have the parts department take care of the issue. 5 emails later they said they had sent mu request to the manufacturer and they would be in touch soon. Not sure what soon means to Hayneedle. I waited almost 2 weeks and contacted the parts department dor an update. They said they are working with the manufacturer and will be in touch "soon". Customer service is not very customer focused. I suggest you make your purchase elsewhere if you want good customer service. I spent a lot of money on a table that isnt even complete and Hayneedle doesnt seem to care about my issue. I would give it a half star if I could.

Response from Hayneedle C., Hayneedle Representative
Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention and allowing us to find an acceptable solution.
ajk21
7/10/18

Hayneedle is the worst company that has ever existed. I'm going to make it very brief but beware DON'T EVER EVER EVER BUY FROM THEM. I purchased yesterday 8 items, as a first time user, and the the amount totalled to $2209. My debit card was charged for $2209 and I thought that's it. This morning I wake up and I start seeing charges on my account for 3 of those items again but this as 3 separate charges. I called hayneedle customer service and I asked them what is going on. So this is where they explained to me that first they hold $2209 (which came out of my account already the day before) and as each item gets shipped I am charged for that item and they release the money that they took yesterday with 4 business days, but they only release the money for items that got shipped. So pretty much in order for me to buy from them I would have needed in my account $4418, luckily I have the money so I didn't go in overdraft but this is the most ridiculous policy that I have ever seen. I buy online all the time and this is the first time that something like this happened to me. WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD, I WANT PEOPLE TO BE AWARE ABOUT THIS POLICY. I KNOW I AM NEVER GOING TO BUY FROM THEM AGAIN. I WILL POST MY REVIEW ON EVERY POSSIBLE WEBSITE AFFILIATED WITH HAYNEEDLE. SCREW THEM ALL!!!

Response from Hayneedle C., Hayneedle Representative
AJ we are not able to locate an order under your name. Please check with your financial institution on how they handle payment processing like authorization, authorization release process and funds transfer to a merchant.
victorias199
7/5/18

Worst customer service Ive ever seen! Hayneedle delivered someone elses item and their representative made ZERO effort to sort this out. She suggested that delivery company calls me next Thursday ( which is a week from today) in order to arrange a pickup in another 3-4 business days. That makes it almost two weeks that i have to keep someone elses HUGE package in my living room. Moreover, i wont get my refund until the return (+ another 3-4 business days). That was the only solution heyneedle suggested. Then she advised me to take another day off from work so i can return the chair that i never ordered, otherwise she cant arrange a pickup for me! Not only they made zero effort to understand what happened, but also made the situation ( that was caused by company's fault) much worse. Take my best advise, Never shop with this company

Response from Hayneedle C., Hayneedle Representative
Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention and allowing us to provide you with an acceptable solution.
lindam844
6/30/18

Purchased a hammock and it was the worst quality I ever saw!
Loose ends, thin rope, big gaps and holes were should be woven.
Just horrible!

bethanym46
Bethany M.
6/28/18

They want to cash your check and could not care less about your satisfaction. Placed an order Sunday afternoon, payment still pending due to bank not open, called within an hour to cancel following reviews, refused to refund (its already out on the truck)?! Yeah, you dont have my Monday but youve sent it out for shipment on a Sunday within 60 minutes? Doubtful.

elizabethg233
6/4/18

I ordered a loft bed, and the steps were damaged. I called while the delivery men were on site and the rep told me I can accept the undamaged pieces and they would send replacement steps. I called back a few days later to confirm delivery date and was told I would need to take delivery of the entire order, which means a whole bunch of additional pieces that I don't need and weigh over 350 pounds. I could not get them to understand that I only want the steps replaced and don't have the means to discard of all the extra pieces, especially since they would all be brought up to our 2nd story bedroom. When I suggested just cancelling the order to get a refund, they said it was my job to take apart the part of the loft bed that was already in the room and pack it up ourselves for return. I explained that I wouldn't have taken delivery of the bed if I knew I couldn't just get a replacement for the steps. They couldn't care less that one of their agents misled me. Just said "sorry, that's how it is". They did nothing to try and help the situation or contact the delivery company or manufacturer. No common sense, and totally rude. Will never shop there again.

lindap410
6/2/18

Table #1 was only slightly damaged around the top edge. Hayneedle refunded 15% of cost of the table and I thought that was fair. Gave the table to one of my daughters. Second daughter wanted one, so I ordered Table #2. It had several long scratches on the top and a 2 inch paintbrush bristle embedded in the paint on the side of the table. Hayneedle offered to send a mailing label, but we would have to schlep the defected table to a FedEx store. They finally agreed to do a pick-up on the table. When Table #3 arrived, it looked like it had a gouge in one of the legs that had been sloppily repaired leaving an unsightly mound, along with a bad paint job. Hayneedle gave me the choice of returning the table to a FedEx location (they did not offer to do a pick up), and reordering a fourth table, or 25% off the defective table. We decided on the latter option and to consider the whole unpleasant experience a lesson learned. I will never order another thing from Hayneedle.

dianaz25
6/2/18

just got green house yesterday going to put it up today. looks like its really nice. cant wait to get it put together.it came really fast . the price was good.

Response from Hayneedle C., Hayneedle Representative
This is awesome to hear, thank you so much for sharing.
sandrab308
5/15/18

Purchased cabinet thru hayneedle because the delivery date was the fastest and the price was the same as other sites. Item was not delivered on that date and now site states it is on backorder. My paypal account has been charged for the order. Unable to find out when item will be delivered.

Response from Hayneedle C., Hayneedle Representative
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

We are sorry to hear this, Margie. If you have an order number (it may be on the box as a reference number) or the tracking number, we would be able to take a look and see how we can assist you with this umbrella. Thank you for reaching out to us.

By Hayneedle C., Hayneedle Representative

my mom just got a similar email - guessing that it is a scam - shes going to contact paypal

By Kyle P.

I can understand why you may be worried. What I find to be true is that it is much easier to contact us when there is a problem than it is to contact a company when you are pleased with their service. We are dedicated to earning your trust, however, so if there is any further information we may be able to provide, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you so much for the consideration.

By Hayneedle C., Hayneedle Representative

None that I am aware of. I recently purchased a 35 gallon hexagon aquarium at a fantastic price including shipping. Customer service was excellent and I highly recommend this company.

By Debbie M.

Questions? Get answers from the Hayneedle staff and other customers.

15 Photos for Hayneedle